Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Gypsies, Cramps & Fleas

• Start Topic

I really, REALLY do not get why Kelly is a bitch about Valerie paying Colin for a business transaction (she hired him to paint a mural, he painted it, she paid him!) when she's already taken Colin back/forgiven him for PROSTITUTING HIMSELF FOR ART SUPPLIES DURING THEIR ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP.

Can't believe we're already at QB Joe, and the first hints of Jonathan.

• Love 6

Colin wants to be a TA? Maybe some schools do it differently, but TA positions I know of are filled with grad students who get maybe tuition remission and/or a small stipend for it.

The kitten for MVP!!

• Love 2

Well the job was offered to him by a friend, I believe we heard about it in an earlier episode this season.

Again, why they didn't spin more suds from Colin prostituting himself for art supplies is beyond me.  He should have lied and kept doing it behind Kelly's back.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, kfree9 said:

Thank God David got rid of his terrible facial hair and haircut. He looks like a normal twenty something in the 90's.

He's a ball-chain necklace thing away from going full Art Alexakis. I fell off the zip around here, but I'm assuming he starts a nu-metal band called Silver Dollaz sometime down the road

• Love 5

Between the boob canyon and the hot pants, I have to wonder if the wardrobe people were simply too frightened by Tori's father to ever have a discussion with her about her clothing choices.  Or perhaps they secretly hated her, and this was their revenge.  Either way, it's just too much.   

• Love 2

On fire with some of those comments in the visual aids.

Since you called Dylan's gun girly, I'm going to come out and say that Dylan through his gun into the water like a complete girl.

BAG still looks weird with that haircut but looks a hell of a lot younger without the beard.

Colin's mural, yikes!

In a few years, Susan's going to be really embarrassed about all the social justice battles where she had no idea she was on the wrong side. IT'S A CULTURE, NOT A COSTUME, SUSAN.

Well, if Susan ever ran for politics, this would be a fun thing for her to have to explain.

• Love 1

I'm not saying that her ( or the producer's) choice in clothing has anything to do with her virginity, but come on. Her clothing looked hooker status most of the time and barely covered her ass cheeks. Besides the boobs of doom, her body was nice and could have looked good in normal clothing, but her outfits were so distractingly bad. Along with her hairstyles. Her best looks were seasons 9 and 10 by far.

Also, her whispering every time she speaks is just annoying. Her worst acting scene was when she was on the beach breaking up with Joe. What the hell was that

Why does no one ever just drop their guns into a body of water? Why do they always have to be dramatically thrown into the body of water?

Oh God, that wicker bookshelf gave me flashbacks to (unhappily) being with my mom at Pier 1 in the 80's.

Speaking of Pier 1, after seeing Colin's mural, what right did he have to judge Kelly's Pier 1 artwork? Unless he was inspired by Big and those are bulding-robots, in which case I can get behind the mural:

building.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I thought I read somewhere that Tori dated Cameron Bancroft (Joe) either before or during this story arc.  I think TAT and BAG were split up by this point too but they are adorably more into each other.

I know that Tori dated the guy who played Noah (Vincent something or other), but I haven't heard that she dated Joe.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really, REALLY do not get why Kelly is a bitch about Valerie paying Colin for a business transaction (she hired him to paint a mural, he painted it, she paid him!) when she's already taken Colin back/forgiven him for PROSTITUTING HIMSELF FOR ART SUPPLIES DURING THEIR ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP.

Can you imagine what would have happened if *Val* had been prostituting herself or had a sugar daddy? She would have been banished from Beverly Hills (though that would probably be for the best), at the very least. Kelly's bitch-face and cat-butt mouth would have reached epic proportions never seen before.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Between the boob canyon and the hot pants, I have to wonder if the wardrobe people were simply too frightened by Tori's father to ever have a discussion with her about her clothing choices.  Or perhaps they secretly hated her, and this was their revenge.  Either way, it's just too much.   

Heh heh but why not both? It's obvious Tori Spelling is narcissistic and delusional enough to think she looked good (she was ALWAYS in some ridiculous outfit - when does she writhe on a car half naked? this season?), so I can totes see her pushing wardrobe to constantly slut up her outfits and them being too scared of Papa Spelling to push back. At the same time, I can see them also using the situation to maximize their revenge trolling to wit: "[yea, you wanna show off the Canyons of Doom, bitch?] I have just the thing! Looks fabulous!" And Tori, of course, without a shred of self-awareness, believed them.

• Love 2

Well, if Susan ever ran for politics, this would be a fun thing for her to have to explain.

Are there really people who would deeply care that she dressed as an Indian Princess at a Halloween party while she was in college in the 90s?  Maybe if she was doing it to openly mock or denigrate Indians, but otherwise, it seems like a pretty minor issue.  To give some perspective, at summer camp for Maccabiah we did a color war (blue v. white) where the theme was cowboys (Blue Bandits) v. Indians (White Warriors).  I don't think they do it now (they now have multiple colors for the color war), but I don't view it as too horrible to be mentioned ever again either.      

I'm not saying that her ( or the producer's) choice in clothing has anything to do with her virginity, but come on. Her clothing looked hooker status most of the time and barely covered her ass cheeks. Besides the boobs of doom, her body was nice and could have looked good in normal clothing, but her outfits were so distractingly bad.

I always thought her outfits, particularly during the college years, were some weird statement about her virginity.

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 1

I'm up to the episode where Susan leaves for her job in DC.. that was a dirty move . Brandon remained a lot more calm than I would have . But I do appreciate that he didn't run back to her and apologize like he did to Kelly after she dumped him and somehow made it able it her 

• Love 2

Why does no one ever just drop their guns into a body of water? Why do they always have to be dramatically thrown into the body of water?

Oh God, that wicker bookshelf gave me flashbacks to (unhappily) being with my mom at Pier 1 in the 80's.

Speaking of Pier 1, after seeing Colin's mural, what right did he have to judge Kelly's Pier 1 artwork? Unless he was inspired by Big and those are bulding-robots, in which case I can get behind the mural:

building.jpg

"It's a building that turns into robot. What's fun about that?? Can't be, like, a bug???"

"You don't just walk into a meeting and say, "Bug."

• Love 2

Are there really people who would deeply care that she dressed as an Indian Princess at a Halloween party while she was in college in the 90s? 

Everybody gets offended by everything nowadays.  Of course she'd have to apologize for it. 

• Love 3

That mural...my God. He's lucky he got paid at all for that. I love Bosco, but he looks so dopey in this.

Also, Claire as Jeannie is so cute. And rivals, for this episode anyway, Val's boob supremacy.

Luke Perry, when not being Dylan, is very charming. But don't throw the gun in the water....just sell it or something.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Ions Earring said:

He's a ball-chain necklace thing away from going full Art Alexakis. I fell off the zip around here, but I'm assuming he starts a nu-metal band called Silver Dollaz sometime down the road

Speaking as an Everclear non-fan, this is such a great comparison. 

Not speaking for everyone but I am Indigenous and most native people I know are annoyed by Indian Halloween costumes, mascots, and appropriation. It's like making a it stereotypical and cutesy. The group hasnt had the easiest time and still don't so it's touchy when we see how some people perceive us. 

• Love 5

lol at Colin's "Me and David Hockney". His work is in no way like David Hockney's, which is very recognizable. And I only know who David Hockney is because I used to work at the front desk of a contemporary art museum. Like most other details on this show, it's like the writers googled "modern art" and Hockney's name came up first. Except they probs didn't have google then, so maybe they just asked someone walking down the street to name an artist and they just went with that.

And another thing. Ray wasn't exactly wrong when he warned Joe that Donna would "rip his heart out". I imagine Joe was pretty bummed that she turned down his marriage proposal and refused to move to Bumblefuck. I am so surprised there wasn't some follow-up episode years after this where Ray and Joe meet accidentally and talk about how Donna was the love of their lives and the most beautiful woman they each had ever known.

Edited by ZeroDiscipline
redundancy
  • Love 1

The art sucks so bad. It's like something someone I knew painted in middle school.

Also I think the producers just hate Tori. Cause like all those costumes, they gotta be trolling her. Also shut up Kelly. 

• Love 3

The introduction of Joe. The short old looking quarterback, who's too short for his position. 

A few grips and that's on Claire. When did science loving Claire get into tarot cards? It doesn't fit her character and then saying that Apollo spacemen didn't wear what Steve wore? C'mon, you're smarter than that. The Jeannie costume was awesome. Most of the costumes were except Kelly, Donna, and Ray. 

Giving Brandon props for the cotton ball in mouth for Marlon Brando. 

Valerie and David are awesome and Steve should escape. Also shut up Kelly. She is the worst next episode. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

Also I think the producers just hate Tori. Cause like all those costumes, they gotta be trolling her.

Agreed, but Tori MUST'VE thought she looked hot, right? Right?! Like, she HAD TO HAVE BEEN delusional. I mean, they can troll as hard as they want but I cannot believe she would memorialise the Cavern of Doom on a hit TV show if she thought she looked bad. It's insane to think that SHE thought that she looked good, but how else can you explain the constant parade of slutty outfits...? 

It actually could be the subject of an amazing psychological profile. How growing up a rich heiress to a Hollywood producer whose bread and butter was (conventionally) beautiful women (i.e., western european (see thin nose aspiration with the hatchet job nose job), skinny, big boobs, etc.) being brainwashed to try to turn yourself into that ideal and failing miserably. (Seriously, who was her plastic surgeon? the local butcher?) Then working every day with naturally pretty to stunning actresses (ShanDo, Tiff, Kathleen Roberts, even Jennie)... what do you tell yourself? How do you survive? I find it fascinating, I truly do. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

A few grips and that's on Claire. When did science loving Claire get into tarot cards? It doesn't fit her character

That didn't bother me as much as some people, it seemed in line with her thing about aliens last season.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

Also shut up Kelly. She is the worst next episode. 

Oh, is she ever. I have been anxiously awaiting the recappers' take on how offended Kelly gets that Dylan didn't tell her first and very specially that he asked someone who is not her to marry him. She is such a dick. And it's funny, because not once in the entire stretch of this show, including the re-boot, did Dylan ever want to marry Kelly. Sure he was miffed that she almost married Brandon, but not miffed enough to try to win her back just then. Or ever really. He just waited for her to come to him.

Dylan suggesting a move to Hawaii is actually a really good idea. Too bad they did not go immediately. And yes, what a difference a year makes, since this time last year Dylan was drunkenly threatening trick or treaters with a gun, presumably the one he threw in the ocean. I would give the writers credit for that being somewhat of a bookend story arc for Dylan, but I actually think it is just coincidence.

• Love 2

Yea that just goes back to the idea that Dylan never actually wanted Kelly . Most of the time they were in scenes together , they were fighting or feeling sorry for their lack of a relationship . He wanted to marry Toni within a week of meeting her . Yet he never wanted to marry His " soulmate " who he's " loved forever " 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

And another thing. Ray wasn't exactly wrong when he warned Joe that Donna would "rip his heart out".

Yep.  Even with his being more than a little creepy, I'm still on Team Ray for this one.

Dear Kelly:

You are a whore.  And now you are dating one.

Irony is a bitch, isn't it?

Love, The Planet Earth

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yea that just goes back to the idea that Dylan never actually wanted Kelly . Most of the time they were in scenes together , they were fighting or feeling sorry for their lack of a relationship . He wanted to marry Toni within a week of meeting her . Yet he never wanted to marry His " soulmate " who he's " loved forever " 

It's like George and Susan on Seinfeld.  George didn't want to be without her but when they got together, he didn't want to be with her.  Except BOTH Dylan and Kelly are George.

• Love 4