Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Hostiles and Calamities

halgia
  • Start Topic

So not only are characters like Glenn and Tyrese dead while characters like Eugene and FPP are still alive, but now there is another entire episode devoted to Eugene's spinelessness and cowardice with Dwight, Sherry, and Negan's wives thrown in.

When Negan's wives asked Eugene for a suicide pill, I figured they were either setting him up, or wanted to kill Negan because the other option was these morons can't even commit suicide on their own.  Which would mean not only are these people to stupid to live, they are also to stupid to know how to die.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

I remember the days that I absolutely detested people/groups like The Governor, The Claimers, and Cannibal Cafe.  Until Negan, Dwight, and the rest of them came along.  Now I long for those glory days to come back.  Negan's super power is being able to talk endlessly and forever.

An entire episode spent in Negan's camp and Dwight's trip down 'memory lane'.  Worst. TWD. Episode. Ever.

• Love 15

How is it that none of us in the live chat thought to say "You're fired"?  Terrible!

I thought the episode was interesting enough.  I'm tired of the regular crew trying to generate the #Resistance.

• Love 8

Okay, so I liked this better than last week's hippy-dippy eppy. Well, except for having to look at Dwight's anguished face for hours and hours. I'd rather look at filthy Daryl at this point. Ugh.

Eugene: "I am not good, lawful, neutral or chaotic." You can't say that wasn't pretty damned spiffy.

6 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I remember the days that I absolutely detested people/groups like The Governor, The Claimers, and Cannibal Cafe. 

I much preferred the Gov and the Claimers. We didn't get to see enough of the cannibal society for me to judge, and then we got the hospital junk endlessly.

I wanted to see them pouring the molten metal on the walkers.

Oh, as for Eugene being a coward - we've seen where resistance gets anyone with Negan. I'm fine with him doing what's necessary to stay alive and have a few creature comforts. More than that - to be treated with a little respect, something he never got from anyone in CDB, including Abe. Yeah, I guess I really can't stand anyone else, that Eugene has become my boy.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 16

I am so mad at this show for making think that something might actually happen, and I come back every week, hoping that this is the episode.  Another boring tedious episode.  But I will watch next week's episode too .    I am sucked into it too far now to give up on it.   I really wish I could. 

• Love 6

I feel cheated by the writers who like to make Negan sound like a trying-to-be-cool-&-funny hormonal teenager, but leave me hanging when Dwight walked up to Eugene.  He should have greeted him with "Hey Dickbiter".  And then had Eugene reciprocate with "Greetings, Scarfaced Liar".

2 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

I am so incredibly tired of Negan's scenery-chewing act.

I've been long and way past tired of it since the end of last season's finale.

• Love 7

So now that they're metal-coating the zombies, is it that hard for somebody to think to maybe stick a few nails onto the outside? I mean, even the Heapsters could do that much. Do you really want your pet zombies to be second-rate to theirs? That should just be embarrassing.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Bluegirl547 said:

I'm so confused. Why did Dwight set up the doctor?

I didn't get that either.

2 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

I think because the doctor dissed Sherry, suggesting she was too soft-hearted for this world.

And that's something the doctor should die over? I can't wait to be rid of Dwight and I hope he goes in the worst way possible. By the way, is Sherry dead? I had to FF all that Dwight garbage, so don't know.

• Love 7

But what even is the point of the fence bolted walkers, robo copped up or no?  You would have to try to stick a body part in their mouth to get injured.     they are useless.

boring.  And I'm good and sick of the harem bunch.  

• Love 9

Someone please give Negan some medicine for his osteoporosis and slipped disc. He just forever bends back which is a very odd acting choice for JDM and don't know why he continues to do it in just about every scene he's in. 

IDK if writers are trying to make Dwight sympathetic but it just doesn't work. He's not sympathetic, he's just an asshole. 

Eugene was the only bright spot in this episode. I understand why he didn't give the girls the pills but hell why not risk it. When he's knocked out, decapitate his ass. 

• Love 17

Reasonable episode after last week's calamity, but I imagine the resident Negan-haters will not have enjoyed that much time spent in his encampment.

Lots of waffling on the characters of Dwight and Eugene...at some point they're going to need to have a clean arc or it'll just be frustrating. This kind of back and forth is what slowly decimated Carol. I know you've got a lot of episodes to fill but for pity's sake just try and take characters from A to B, show.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

I think because the doctor dissed Sherry, suggesting she was too soft-hearted for this world.

He definitely didn't deserve to die over that. The show keeps trying to humanize Dwight and have the audience root for him, but then they make him do something awful for no good reason. I'm baffled.

Edited by Bluegirl547
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

He just forever bends back which is a very odd acting choice for JDM and don't know why he continues to do it in just about every scene he's in. 

He said Negan appeared lean back while laughing that in the comics (I've never read them) so that's why he does it. He thinks it represents Negan's brutality.

• Love 2

I think what set Dwight off in getting the Dr fired (not even slightest bit sorry about that) is that the doctor was basically telling Dwight that his wife's lot in life nowadays is to be Negan's willing ****whore, even being a broodmare if 'lucky enough' to be knocked up.  IOW, he used fancy speech to say "if she'd just kept her head down [in Negan's lap], kept quiet, and her legs spread for his pleasure; then this mess wouldn't be happening and you wouldn't have got the shit beat out of you".

There's no doubt Dwight is a coward in blaming the Doc, but considering what life is like in Negan-hood, I absolutely can believe someone would do that if pushed like he was.

• Love 5

Watching this episode, two things occurred to me: 1.) How heavy was that jar of pickles? Because Eugene held them for a long time and the jar looked heavy. He must be very strong. 2.) My cousin wears a pair of boots just like Negan's and they're both mouthy jerks.

Oh, wait! There was a third thing! They Might Be Giants should totally record a version of "Easy Street."

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I thought Dwight set the doctor up so Neegan wouldn't have any doubts.

Good point, but he was clearly annoyed by Carson pontificating about Sherry.

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 2

WTF was all that shit in Sherry's letter about Dwight having a bad memory and can't remember shit from one day to the next. What is he freaking Memento now?  I really don't want nor need to know Dwight like that. 

I know this wasn't technically a bottle episode but it sure felt like one.  The inner workings of Saviors compound combined with another Negan torture burn theatrics are not my idea of an entertaining hour of tv. 

I did kinda find Eugene slipping back into his human genome project bs story to be mildly interesting. He is a coward but he is a survivor. he better hope no one just as if not more useful comes alone. If Negan didn't have Eugene as a backup he would never have killed the doctor. Dwight's motive for setting up the doctor seemed a might thin to me. 

I never really got the whole 'I am Negan' thing. 

JDM needs to grow back his facial hair STAT!

• Love 4

So does that girl with the thing on her neck have a name? I've just been calling her Vamp Stamp. I think Eugene could have a chance there. She's the same one that was hitting on Spencer, right? So she's single. And once she found out there was more to Dr. U than meets then eye, she was actually pretty friendly. And fairly understanding of his adaptation stress. And eager to exchange pickles. Oh, don't get me wrong, I think watching him use his mulletude of charms on Negan's harem is the most fun you can have outside of The Kingdom. But if I were Eugene, I'd like to go a little bit further sexually than "playing videogames."

• Love 6

I'm over this Neegan story and I'm done with Dwight and that whole crew. Can't they all just die? What the heck is up with these people? They are all so cowardly and disgusting -- I can't even feel sorry for them anymore. Ugh. This shit is boring, the Negan storyline played much better in the comics. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

Watching this episode, two things occurred to me: 1.) How heavy was that jar of pickles? Because Eugene held them for a long time and the jar looked heavy. He must be very strong. 2.) My cousin wears a pair of boots just like Negan's and they're both mouthy jerks.

Oh, wait! There was a third thing! They Might Be Giants should totally record a version of "Easy Street."

I didn't think anyone remembered this band! Freehand! Great album. Bless you!!!

Ah shit! I meant Gentle Giants. Fuck me.

Edited by Mick Lady
I'm easily confused
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

So does that girl with the thing on her neck have a name? I've just been calling her Vamp Stamp. I think Eugene could have a chance there. She's the same one that was hitting on Spencer, right? So she's single. And once she found out there was more to Dr. U than meets then eye, she was actually pretty friendly. And fairly understanding of his adaptation stress. And eager to exchange pickles. Oh, don't get me wrong, I think watching him use his mulletude of charms on Negan's harem is the most fun you can have outside of The Kingdom. But if I were Eugene, I'd like to go a little bit further sexually than "playing videogames."

What, are you kidding?!?  Eugene gets to sit around playing with his joystick and women in little black dresses watching him do it.  If there is an "ideal Heaven" for a guy like Eugene, he is currently experiencing it.

That said, however, I agree.  Blondie seems down, so Haircut should try to woo her with a line like his tongue is good for more than just providing science 'facts' monotonally.

• Love 5

So Eugene has three chicks in the room and he'd rather play Yar's Revenge than get a massage.  You can see why this scene is so troubling.  The only console they can scrounge up in the ZA is an Atari 2600?  Not even a PS2?  Hell, a Super Nintendo even!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5