Type keyword(s) to search

AI in the Media

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, that's what I read.  Not by a doctor though, just a lay opinion online. 

I saw that Ryan was on the Kelly Live show today.  Does anyone know if that was pre-filmed or really live?

It was filmed today, because he mentioned that he took yesterday off for severe exhaustion. They didn't address it further, as least not that I heard. I wasn't paying 100% attention. I only recorded it because Arthur was suppose to be on, but he wasn't on. 😞

14 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

It was filmed today, because he mentioned that he took yesterday off for severe exhaustion. They didn't address it further, as least not that I heard. I wasn't paying 100% attention. I only recorded it because Arthur was suppose to be on, but he wasn't on. 😞

Something happened. He’s just brushing it off for now. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Not a peep about Arthur appearing or not appearing.  They asked for viewers to vote on a favorite contestant to perform and tomorrow they’re going to have Julia Gargano.  The only time I saw Arthur post-finale was the morning after when GMA did a split screen interview with Arthur and Just Sam.

After I posted this I did a little research and I found this on Arthur’s Instagram.

He had a sore throat from all of the celebrating the night before so he had to reschedule.  In all fairness, he was pretty quiet during the GMA interview.

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 3

In the photo above from some time in the past, you will notice that his left eye is more droopy. You can look at multiple images of him and see that.  It was definitely more pronounced Sunday night because the right eye was squinting.   It seems to be a permanent condition called ptosis.  I know someone who has had it since birth. 

That being said, there was something more going on during the finale.

I'll play. I thought when he first slowed down it was a momentary blip with the teleprompter but then his eyes went all wonky.

f7bc51e0-9957-11ea-9f6f-b773203d640b.jpg.7c371f6865e76b33b7ac4e1c14ca68d7.jpg

I'm going to throw out Bells-Palsy:

• Rapid onset of mild weakness to total paralysis on one side of your face — occurring within hours to days
  • Facial droop and difficulty making facial expressions, such as closing your eye or smiling
  • Drooling
  • Pain around the jaw or in or behind your ear on the affected side
  • Increased sensitivity to sound on the affected side
  • Headache
  • A loss of taste
  • Changes in the amount of tears and saliva you produce
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Congratulations to Phillip Phillips.  HOME is one of the 20 songs that Barack Obama has identified as his favorites during his presidency.  What a great list to be on with The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, among many A-listers. 

Phillip is the youngest artist featured.  HOME is the best selling song from American Idol.

https://sports.yahoo.com/barack-obama-playlist-fleetwood-mac-brooks-dunn-the-beatles-020338547.html

Edited by escape
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

... and Wyatt Pike is mysteriously gone.  

Just googled and found this--he dropped out.

The article mentions that he went home a few days before the live show, so they're speculating that he couldn't return due to quarantine concerns. Though doesn't say why he went home.

Edited by MarylandGirl
adding info
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, MarylandGirl said:

Just googled and found this--he dropped out.

The article mentions that he went home a few days before the live show, so they're speculating that he couldn't return due to quarantine concerns. Though doesn't say why he went home.

They’re saying he went home because of his Instagram post. But the pictures he posted on Instagram weren’t taken last week. There’s way less snow here right now vs. whenever he took those photos. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Caleb has been disqualified.  See media thread. 

I'm trying to remember back to previous disqualifications (Corey Clark in season two and Jermaine Jones in season) to see how they will proceed. In Corey's year they just had two "Top 8" weeks and eliminated no one that first week since Corey was eliminated, but someone was eliminated the night Jermaine was disqualified. So my guess is what the producers do will depend on who ends up in the bottom next week. Does this version of Idol still have the Judge's Save?

• Love 1

The Billboard charts are out now and this is where "23" charted. This is pretty damn impressive:

#1 Country Digital Song Sales chart. 

#3 Overall Digital Songs Chart

#25 Hot Country Songs

And Chayce is # 3 Emerging Artists chart

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Benson Boone who was a contestant on the previous season and left the competition to pursue other options has a new single called Ghosttown. He performed it today 12/3 on Kelly Clarkson’s show. He also has a music video for the song. 

• Useful 1

David Archuleta Calls American Idol Experience “Miserable…Traumatic”

He wanted to quit the show after his performance of Imagine.  Most of his fellow contestants had some kind of nervous breakdown at some point during the season.

He says American Idol messed with his ability to trust. “I’ve talked to other ‘American Idol’ contestants about how we all have trust issues. Like: ‘You can’t trust anyone anymore, not even your own family.’ That’s what we were told. It was like some weird grooming process, from the very first audition, the way that they were speaking to us, kind of like, ‘You’re powerless little bugs. If you step out of line, then you’re out of here, and you’re going to lose this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.’”

https://variety.com/2021/music/features/david-archuleta-coming-out-american-idol-mormon-1235129586/

• Useful 2

Simon Cowell, Lauren Silverman engaged.

Good for them and their son, but I can't get past how their relationship started: Simon sleeping with her/impregnating her when she was married to his close friend. The story at the time was the divorce was settled out-of-court for the sake of the Silverman's (at-the-time) seven year old son but I remember a lot of implications Simon paid off Lauren's husband so Simon wouldn't be called as a witness in the divorce proceedings.

I don't understand why the article says they've been together since 2004.  Maybe it's just an error, but if they have been "dating" for that long, then her ex-husband has even more reason to be upset than we already knew!  Not to mention the makeup artist that Simon was engaged to some time after that.  Maybe Lauren's older son really likes Simon, but he's much more forgiving than I could have been.  I remember when they brought him out for the Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony a few years ago and "Extra" had to push what a happy family they were (the show's emphasis on it bugged me, even if it was true).  Of course, I think this was when Mario Lopez worked on that show, and he felt he owed Simon for hiring him for a couple years on US X-Factor.  (In fact, when Mario was hosting X-Factor, they would do stories on Extra about Simon and Lauren in their "cute couple" section of the show, with Mario gushing about how great it was to see Simon so happy.  This was not long after the pregnancy was announced, and probably p.r. to try to make people forget certain details.)

• Useful 1

Every Winter 2022 TCA Press Tour Highlight from ABC, Hulu, and Freeform
By Andie Hagemann   Jan 12, 2022
https://d23.com/every-winter-2022-tca-press-tour-highlight-from-abc-hulu-and-freeform/

American Idol (Premieres Sunday, February 27, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC)
Music industry legends and all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, and Lionel Richie, along with Emmy-winning producer and host Ryan Seacrest, return to help discover America’s next singing sensation for American Idol’s fifth season on ABC and 20th season overall. This season, the judges will hand out platinum tickets in Austin, Los Angeles, and Nashville. “We identify the best talent in each place,” Perry said. “This ticket gives them the ability to go to Hollywood Week, which we’ve already filmed and was so rigorous; it was survival of the fittest. They get to observe from the box seats at the theater. For one day, they get to rest their voice, strategize, check out the competition and select who they want to duet with… These three ticket holders get a tiny advantage, just because they’re the cream of the crop.”

Although Bobby Bones is unable to return as the show’s in-house mentor this season, the contestants won’t be without help. “This year we will be leaning into our amazing American Idol universe alum to help our current Idols along the way in different stages of the competition,” said showrunner and executive producer Megan Michaels Wolflick. To that end, Seacrest said he hopes to see the likes of Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson, Ruben Studdard, and Carrie Underwood once more. “I can remember standing next to them,” Seacrest said, “looking at their faces and reactions in moments of success and challenge.”

TCA Sizzle - 'American Idol'
ABC   Jan 11, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Apparently there's a special on May 2nd titled, "The Great Idol Reunion."

The episode will gather several past "American Idol" winners and finalists to sing together in celebration of the show's 20th anniversary — 15 seasons on FOX and the last five on ABC. 

Laine Hardy, Ruben Studdard, Jordin Sparks, Lauren Alaina, Scotty McCreery, David Cook, Kris Allen, Laci Kaye Booth, Maddie Poppe, Caleb Lee Hutchinson, Willie Spence and Grace Kinstler will be there.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2022 at 9:48 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently there's a special on May 2nd titled, "The Great Idol Reunion."

Laine Hardy, Ruben Studdard, Jordin Sparks, Lauren Alaina, Scotty McCreery, David Cook, Kris Allen, Laci Kaye Booth, Maddie Poppe, Caleb Lee Hutchinson, Willie Spence and Grace Kinstler will be there.

Add Clay and Adam and I'll watch. 

• Love 4

I'm glad we know for sure Kenedi left for a record deal now--really hope she does something! She's one of the better country singers the show has found... And I can't help but be happy for her if she manages to have success without being tied to an Idol contract that milks her  dry.

• Love 1

FYI (from last night)...

‘American Idol’ recap of episode 18 season 20: The Top 7 perform for your vote [UPDATING LIVE BLOG]
Denton Davidson  May 8, 2022 
https://www.goldderby.com/article/2022/american-idol-season-20-episode-18-recap/

8:05 p.m. — Ryan breaks the news that Noah Thompson and Fritz Hager have tested positive for COVID-19, so they’ll be performing remotely. The good news is that you can still vote for them. Maybe this crew had a little too much fun at Disneyland? You’d think a live TV show would be a little more careful with their talent.
9:59 p.m. — The Top 5 are Noah, Nicolina, HunterGirl, Leah and Fritz. That means Jay and Christian have been eliminated. That’s a wrap for tonight!

• Love 2

Avalon Young (Season 15, Top 8) to audition again for season 21.

I loved Avalon in S15; her "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" is one of my favorite Hollywood performances. She's had a rough go of it since Idol (diagnosed with brain cancer in 2021, underwent three brain surgeries including one while awake) and like Nadia Turner when she came back to audition, I honestly doubt anyone but the diehard fans would remember her.

On the other hand, I don't like it that former top 10 contestants can audition again. 

I remember Avalon (but I am a diehard, I guess). She and Sonika Vaid were my favorites from the 15th season's cast.

I read the other day that Noah Thompson has moved to Nashville. He's released a song called "Make You Rich," although I'm not sure it's a single or merely an album track. Anyway, he and HunterGirl have teased a duet together (also not sure if that would be a potential single or just an album track).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Looks like next week's episode  (not tomorrow's but next week) is after the Oscars.  So, it will probably run very late.  If you care you might want to adjust your DVR.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1