Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Low Blows

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Christina said:

I don't think the girlses are going to the school that is 10 miles away. The school that was near Corey and that Leah moved closer to was the one that was damaged. The girls were being bused to another school. She may not have been able to take them all the way and get Addie to her school on time. 

You are correct.  So, I'm not sure where they are going right now.  

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/08/03/clendenin-elementary-to-close-kanawha-boe-says-new-school-will-be-built/

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does Leah take Addie to school?  Was that Lunchable her breakfast or was she digging into her packed lunch?  

Leah seems to rely on the school feeding the girlses breakfast.  Normally, I'd snark on someone with her income and nothing to do all day relying on handouts meant for people who have actual need for such a service, but it's probably the only semi-nutritious food they get all day.

Yeah, I shudder to think what breakfast she would give them so great, maybe they get milk and eggs and fruit at school.

• Love 1

As much as I enjoy hating this show , for some reason I can't wait to watch it every week . I despise when it's teen mom OGs turn . They are such a snooze fest . If Farrah joined teen mom 2 girls , the show would be gold . Catelynn , Maci and amber are so boring 

• Love 3

I don't think there is anything wrong with Leah's girls eating breakfast at school.  My niece prefers to eat at school with all her friends in the morning rather than at home.  The breakfast program at her school is open to all students and their families, and the food is incredibly good.  Also I think it may just be a logistics issue with Leah.  She has to get three girls up early, dressed, and to the bus stop on time.  If them eating breakfast at school allows them to sleep in for another 15 or twenty minutes I don't blame Leah.

On to Kail and Javi.  Javi is definitely still petty and angry over the divorce and Kail is still as emotionally unstable as ever. I have to say as much as I may disagree with Kail's statement of "I had the kids all summer" I don't think she was using it as a diss against Javi.  I actually believed her when she was saying that she wasn't ready to share the kids with him again.  I also agreed that Javi should have apologized for the way he handled that particular argument.  But as we saw what he is really upset about is her "cheating", and possibly on again off again attitude about their marriage.

Now later on when they were at lunch I was team Javi all the way.  He was making a really good point about having to think long term about the holidays and not about the immediate future as a realistic solution.  I also think if Kail hadn't gotten defensive and really put some thought in her response, she could have possibly articulated her issues with splitting up the boys.  As another poster has mentioned she could have proposed that Javi work with her to line up both her visitations with Isaac and Lincoln so that she could have the boys spend as much time together as possible, but that would entail Kail to realize that in order to do that she would probably have to alternate holidays with the kids.

Also I find that there is this growing immaturity with people (divorced/split parents) not realizing that they don't have to always "celebrate" occasions on the actual day.  Sometimes life in general can make that impossible so you have to improvise with what you are given.  I remember once Teri Hatcher was describing that she and her ex-husband split custody of her daughter and they have alternating holidays.  She described when it's her ex's turn to have the daughter on say Thanksgiving, that Teri and her family celebrate Thanksgiving the weekend before with her friends and family so that her daughter gets to have "both" holidays with each parent and respective family.  Why can't Javi and Kail do the same?

The idea of your house in the morning and mine at night is a nice theory for some divorced parents but I find that it may not actually work in reality.  There are just to many factors that would get in the way to make that seem enjoyable for the child or family.  To me what would make more sense is to alternate Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Whatever parent has the child Christmas Eve, celebrate then and let the other parent have them on Christmas Day.  That would require both parents to compromise and give a little but to realize that they aren't necessarily missing out on anything.

• Love 12

Jenelle said something interesting this episode. When asked by a producer why she thinks Babs is trying to keep her from getting custody of Jace, Jenelle said something about the child support money and her getting paid if Jace is on the show. Or something like that. Not that I think that that's Barbara's entire motive (though I don't doubt someone in her position loves the MTV money, she worked at a Wal-Mart deli her whole life), it more just made me wonder how this whole MTV payout thing works. 

I think Babs must make decent money for being on the show, especially now - she's a fan favorite and it's been 8 seasons. No doubt she makes decent pay - probably not as much as Jenelle makes, but if I had to guess, I'll bet she's probably making a high 5 figures or low 6 figures a season, by this point. Was Jenelle trying to imply that Babs would no longer be on the show if she were to win custody of Jace? I never even thought of that before, but I can't see that happening, bc Babs is such a fan favorite. 

It will be interesting to see who wins this custody battle. From the outside, it would seem like Babs is the obvious choice but IDK how these family courts work with regards to this. 

I do think that Jenelle is slowly (very, very slowly) growing up, as Babs said, but I agree that she's not quite there yet. I do think that this is one of her best season's yet, so far, though. So far. Other than her and her mom yelling at each other, there hasn't been too much craziness. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 3/1/2017 at 8:23 AM, Brooklynista said:

But why not have an abortion?  Fail has never struck me as especially religious or against abortion morally.  Why not have one since there is all this turmoil going on in her life right now.  Nobody ever had to know.  Just looking at the confusion and pain on Isaac's face should tell her that the household isn't ready for what is sure to be more upheaval.  A new baby??  A new baby daddy? Is she trying to break that little boy?  She's 20 what?  She has plenty of time for more babies.  Babies that could be birthed into a home of stability. What she has set herself up for now is a heap of  parking lot tradeoffs and who's baby daddy buys the better xmas presents.

I'm trying to figure that out, too (the "why no abortion?" thing). you are correct, Kail is not religious and not against abortion. In her first book, she revealed that she has had an abortion before, a year before she became pregnant w/Isaac. The father was some BMOC jock type, whose family was horrified that he'd gotten a girl pregnant and how this could potentially destroy his future, blah blah blah. Kail wrote that she basically felt forced into an abortion and how it was traumatizing that everyone's only concern was this guy and his precious sports scholarships, not her or what she wanted. To be fair, I can actually see why that might be traumatizing...and I believe that may may be what lead to her decision, a year later, to keep Isaac, even though, from the outside looking in, the decision obviously seems irrational. I can't help but wonder if that is also PART of the reason she's chosen to keep this Chris's kid, even though that, too, seems very irrational to an outsider looking in. 

When you feel forced to give something up or forced into a decision that you didn't want to make, it can create all sorts of mental complexes and  subconscious, irrational attempts to "make up" for the perceived loss.  Like the same way people see abortion as a choice you should be free to make w/your body,  Kail sees keeping it as a choice she should be free to make because she feels she was denied that choice to keep it during her first pregnancy. She may very well have come to the decision to get an abortion on her own, anyway, but the fact that she felt forced, I think, traumatized her and perhaps made her very averse to the idea of abortion. 

Because even though I believe Kail is ultimately extremely selfish, self-serving and opportunistic, I also believe a lot of her decisions are actually driven by irrational, impulsive, short-term desires, that are ultimately self-destructive, that just create a lot unnecessary drama and problems in the long run. Like she only thinks about what she wants RIGHT NOW, what she's feeling RIGHT NOW, who she wants to fuck RIGHT NOW, etc. 

That's not to say that there aren't also ulterior motives behind choosing to have this 3rd baby, w/a third man. (just a side note, but Kail has now been pregnant 5x, from 4 different men. Tsk tsk). It could be that she fell hard for him and was hoping to lock him down/keep him around. It could be that he comes from some money, which she could get some of through child support. She might feel that having this kid, at 24, will fill a void for her or give her something to do when she gets older, when Isaac and Lincoln are all grown up, but all her friends are still busy raising their kids. Could be a lot of things, when I think about it...

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 9

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CANOT stop laughing at this Kail story line. You guys really can't alternate Christmases. Is that so hard? I am confused. 

Plus, thank you Javi for spitting all this knowledge about Kail. Both of them have faults but I needed Kail to be exposed for her cheating. Also, Im just a viewer and I was upset by her 'had the boys by herself' comment. His mom lived with you bruh! His family, Jo/Vee, camp all helped Kail. Stop lying! You would even sometimes see the mom walking up the stairs or on a couch in past seasons. She got out of there so quick when he talked about the dude in his house though. Lmao? Now, you are having ANOTHER baby? Issac better just call him dad #3. Don't even learn his name at this point. Kail is gross inside and out. 

whew! I may not have money like these girls but This show sure does make me thankful for my life choices. 

(BTW I wrote this response Yesterday and it never posted. I thought I hallucinated the whole thing lmao. This show got me bugging out.) 

• Love 23
(edited)
On 2/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, guilfoyleatpp said:

Did San Panda quit or did they fire him?  That doctor didn't do much for me. Mr. Guilfoyle thought he was attractive and exactly the type of guy I would go for. Um no, Jason Momoa is exactly the type of guy I go for.  Dwayne Johnson is the type of guy I go for. Look in a mirror, dude.

And Leah and her mania in the car on the way to work. That was just ridiculous. And why do these kids eat so many lunchables? 

I had the same thought, maybe Lunchables is a sponser and they get them for free. They are actually terrible for you,  full of gross fake meat by products, chemicals and preservatives. But these girls are just way too busy to get some fresh meat from the deli and actually dare I say, make a sandwich. I would be very hesitant to buy these for my non existent children. (Don't get me wrong, loved these and would've killed for one when I was 5)

Edited by Inga
Spelling
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CerealKiller813 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CANOT stop laughing at this Kail story line. You guys really can't alternate Christmases. Is that so hard? I am confused. 

Plus, thank you Javi for spitting all this knowledge about Kail. Both of them have faults but I needed Kail to be exposed for her cheating. Also, Im just a viewer and I was upset by her 'had the boys by herself' comment. His mom lived with you bruh! His family, Jo/Vee, camp all helped Kail.

How many times do you think when Kailneeded someone's help, she made sure to mention she was a military mom whose husband was on deployment, and probably sprinkled all sorts of other embellishments in to garner sympathy. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Inga said:

I had the same thought, maybe Lunchables is a sponser and they get them for free. They are actually terrible for you,  full of gross fake meat by products, chemicals and preservatives. But these girls are just way too busy to get some fresh meat from the deli and actually dare I say, make a sandwich. I would be very hesitant to buy these for my non existent children. (Don't get me wrong, loved these and would've killed for one when I was 5)

Not gonna lie, I thought Lunchables were awesome.  

• Love 2

I don't think there is anything wrong with Leah's girls eating breakfast at school.  My niece prefers to eat at school with all her friends in the morning rather than at home.  The breakfast program at her school is open to all students and their families, and the food is incredibly good.  Also I think it may just be a logistics issue with Leah.  She has to get three girls up early, dressed, and to the bus stop on time.  If them eating breakfast at school allows them to sleep in for another 15 or twenty minutes I don't blame Leah.

@JBC344 that is fine if that was the case (sleeping in for the girls) but it is about Leah sleeping in. I sound like a broken record here. Gracie brought it to Leah's attention how they didn't like the breakfast at school and would prefer breakfast be made at home. Gracie said they get a homemade breakfast when they are with Cory and Miranda. When a child won't eat a school breakfast, then that child is not eating until lunch. It just seems pretty damn selfish and lazy on Leah's part when she won't prepare her girlses breakfast by waking up 15 minutes earlier and preparing them something simple and something they will eat.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Jenelle said something interesting this episode. When asked by a producer why she thinks Babs is trying to keep her from getting custody of Jace, Jenelle said something about the child support money and her getting paid if Jace is on the show. Or something like that. Not that I think that that's Barbara's entire motive (though I don't doubt someone in her position loves the MTV money, she worked at a Wal-Mart deli her whole life), it more just made me wonder how this whole MTV payout thing works. 

I think Babs must make decent money for being on the show, especially now - she's a fan favorite and it's been 8 seasons. No doubt she makes decent pay - probably not as much as Jenelle makes, but if I had to guess, I'll bet she's probably making a high 5 figures or low 6 figures a season, by this point. Was Jenelle trying to imply that Babs would no longer be on the show if she were to win custody of Jace? I never even thought of that before, but I can't see that happening, bc Babs is such a fan favorite. 

It will be interesting to see who wins this custody battle. From the outside, it would seem like Babs is the obvious choice but IDK how these family courts work with regards to this. 

I do think that Jenelle is slowly (very, very slowly) growing up, as Babs said, but I agree that she's not quite there yet. I do think that this is one of her best season's yet, so far, though. So far. Other than her and her mom yelling at each other, there hasn't been too much craziness. 

Another poster mentioned that Jenelle and Babs have an agreement that Jace's "child support" is linked to Jenelle's MTV payout.  As in they don't have a formal court appointed child support order but that they handle it privately.  This may be what Jenelle was trying to articulate.

I wonder if Gracie doesn't like the breakfast at school because she's not used to eating healthy food. When you've been raised on Pop Tarts and Fruit Loops, scrambled eggs and wheat toast are going to taste gross to a kid who's palate isn't used to it. 

• Love 17

I just really hope when it comes down to reunion time , MTV listens to our wishes and gets rid of dr drew . That guy is a terrible "doctor" and the absolute worst at advice . 

And please , do not try to convince us that teen pregnancies have dropped because of this show . These girls spit out babies and keep getting paid for acting like entitled assholes . This show would only add to teens wanting to get pregnant . As much as I enjoy this show , I really do hope it ends soon so it. Can give a dose of reality to these girls . 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'm starting to think Kail has been planning and playing the long con to get with Baby Daddy 3 for a long time. The first house Kail and Javi bought in Delaware is the one they lived in with Javi's parents. When Jo moved around the corner, they bought a house in a different neighborhood, allegedly because Kail didn't want to be so close to Jo and because she needed that bigger, Pinterest-y house. I'm thinking now it was a way to get away from Javi's parents so she could have a place all to herself to have her boyfriend(s) over while Javi was at work-school or better yet, deployed. Kail strikes me of being capable of this long-con for sure. I just don't think she saw Baby Daddy 3 not wanting to be involved as part of the plan. 

Can almost guarantee kail with soon either move to LA or NY to pursue her broadcasting career that'll never happen because a ) she's not cute and b) her personality is horrible . 

If you are trying to get a career as a real professional on tv , don't act the way u do on the show . 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Can almost guarantee kail with soon either move to LA or NY to pursue her broadcasting career that'll never happen because a ) she's not cute and b) her personality is horrible . 

If you are trying to get a career as a real professional on tv , don't act the way u do on the show . 

Wasn't her supporting argument for moving from PA to DE that Javi's military base was there, and therefore the judge would HAVE to let her go (her lawyer said it was really probable, but Kail just presumed and moved prior to the court's decision, something like that?)? If that's the case, she is never moving to NY or LA if I had to bet. Jo and Javi both will have partial custody of the kids, and it seems really unlikely that they'd be ordered to move to LA or NY to facilitate that arrangement At least I would hope.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

On to Kail and Javi.  Javi is definitely still petty and angry over the divorce and Kail is still as emotionally unstable as ever. I have to say as much as I may disagree with Kail's statement of "I had the kids all summer" I don't think she was using it as a diss against Javi.  I actually believed her when she was saying that she wasn't ready to share the kids with him again.  I also agreed that Javi should have apologized for the way he handled that particular argument.  But as we saw what he is really upset about is her "cheating", and possibly on again off again attitude about their marriage.

Now later on when they were at lunch I was team Javi all the way.  He was making a really good point about having to think long term about the holidays and not about the immediate future as a realistic solution.  I also think if Kail hadn't gotten defensive and really put some thought in her response, she could have possibly articulated her issues with splitting up the boys.  As another poster has mentioned she could have proposed that Javi work with her to line up both her visitations with Isaac and Lincoln so that she could have the boys spend as much time together as possible, but that would entail Kail to realize that in order to do that she would probably have to alternate holidays with the kids.

Also I find that there is this growing immaturity with people (divorced/split parents) not realizing that they don't have to always "celebrate" occasions on the actual day.  Sometimes life in general can make that impossible so you have to improvise with what you are given.  I remember once Teri Hatcher was describing that she and her ex-husband split custody of her daughter and they have alternating holidays.  She described when it's her ex's turn to have the daughter on say Thanksgiving, that Teri and her family celebrate Thanksgiving the weekend before with her friends and family so that her daughter gets to have "both" holidays with each parent and respective family.  Why can't Javi and Kail do the same?

The idea of your house in the morning and mine at night is a nice theory for some divorced parents but I find that it may not actually work in reality.  There are just to many factors that would get in the way to make that seem enjoyable for the child or family.  To me what would make more sense is to alternate Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Whatever parent has the child Christmas Eve, celebrate then and let the other parent have them on Christmas Day.  That would require both parents to compromise and give a little but to realize that they aren't necessarily missing out on anything.

I am totally ok with Leah using the school breakfast to feed the kids because I shudder to think what she would give them. Probably pop tarts or sugary cereal and I really don't see her making a fruit salad or something to go with it at least. I wouldn't care if she fed herself all that junk ,but these kids are growing and need nutrients. 

Heres my thing with Kail. She comes in swinging and then wants to sulk when her opponent has some secret one-two punch combos of their own. Her snide remarks and just general attitude has been ugly this whole season (previous seasons as well TBH). Javi not being able to open his mail in HIS house, the whole kids comment (which I don't see as anything other than snark sry), and even her treatment of Joe (even post-Deleware move) is horrendous. Her kids will have to see this some day and all signs to her being selfish and NOT having her kids best interests at heart (despite her constantly saying otherwise). Actions speak louder than words and it's not looking good for Team Lowry.

kail refuses to compromise. She could've done in so she has her kids all on the same holidays like a previous poster suggested or even do something all together (mom, dads, stepparents, & children) on a separate day. Like a thanksgiving brunch that's not necessarily on thanksgiving or a New Years breakfast the day after New Years. We already know Jo has no problem with this? She won't do this though. Her pride and selfishness will be the end of her and sadly she may not see it until her kids opt to spend more time with their dads. 

That last scene had me laughing soooo hard! Hulk Smash!!

• Love 12
(edited)
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Gracie doesn't like the breakfast at school because she's not used to eating healthy food. When you've been raised on Pop Tarts and Fruit Loops, scrambled eggs and wheat toast are going to taste gross to a kid who's palate isn't used to it. 

I would guess it's more something like that. I doubt a child that young would care or notice "oh my mom needs to make a homemade breakfast to show she cares about me," especially since I doubt Leah makes healthy homemade breakfasts. She probably gets Toaster Strudel, Eggo waffles or worse (candy, gas station pastries?) at home and things like sausage, eggs, milk, fruit or toast at school. My mom gave me donuts and cookies after school as a snack and I hated going to friends' houses who had apples or celery and peanut butter. Your palate really does get used to a certain thing. 

I've always thought Gracie's insistence that they have homemade meals was strange. I always wanted to go out or order in as a kid because that meant pizza or burgers instead of baked chicken or whatever my mom would have. I realized though that when Leah "makes" meals, they're probably junkier than anything they get anywhere else, so that's what a little kid would want! 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@JBC344 that is fine if that was the case (sleeping in for the girls) but it is about Leah sleeping in. I sound like a broken record here. Gracie brought it to Leah's attention how they didn't like the breakfast at school and would prefer breakfast be made at home. Gracie said they get a homemade breakfast when they are with Cory and Miranda. When a child won't eat a school breakfast, then that child is not eating until lunch. It just seems pretty damn selfish and lazy on Leah's part when she won't prepare her girlses breakfast by waking up 15 minutes earlier and preparing them something simple and something they will eat.

She could even make those pre packaged breakfast meals (since I don't think she really cooks) from Jimmy Dean. Just warm their bellies please! Make overnight oats, make ahead homemade breakfast burritos (saw a good recipie by Ree Drummond on Food Network), or hell even a PB&J with bananas. 

Obviously this isn't a priority for Mama Pillses.

53 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

How many times do you think when Kailneeded someone's help, she made sure to mention she was a military mom whose husband was on deployment, and probably sprinkled all sorts of other embellishments in to garner sympathy. 

I'm sure she used it a lot. She knew what she was doing all along. Just getting ahead and stepping on whomever to get there. 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Take a look at her 16 & Pregnant. There is a scene between Kail and her mother. Suzy spits out a lot of venom about Kail's bio father, whom Kail had just visited in Texas. Kail is sad that her father hasn't called her and how she would like to have some kind of relationship with him. Pretty pathetic since she basically blew him off due to how miserable she was when she was there with him. She seemed disappointed that he wasn't living the high life.  Back to Suzy, she rants to Kail about what a no-good POS her dad is and how Kail better get used to being disappointed. She went on and on. If I remember right, Suzy was praising herself. The overall message being sent to Kail, and likely was repeated many times throughout Kail's life was, men are no good POS. Suzy chose a guy who was not in her and Kail's life, and she seems to be painting the picture that all men are the same. It may be why she pressured Kail into aborting Isaac, something Kail mentioned in this episode.  Kail's view of men is limited to what Suzy taught her.

Kail's materialistic views seem to have come from Suzy as well. When they went crib shopping, they returned to the Riveras home and showed them a pamphlet of $1700 cribs. Per Suzy's words, "these are heirloom cribs." 

Something about looking like they were not trailer park trash seemed to be a priority in their lives. Kail told Jo she was mad at her mom for not going with her to see about getting financial aid for dental tech school. Kail said she was too embarrassed to ask for financial aid. Jo told her she had to do what she needed to do in order to get her education. Kail wasn't having it. The idea of getting financial aid was just too much. I think she wanted the Riveras to pay for her schooling.

Suzy also wore scarves around her neck in that episode. She too had the double chin look. I guess she taught Kail how to hide the chins with the scarf look.

I will sit next to you.

Yes to everything about this post. Kail was dead set on meeting her father because she thought for sure it had to be better than whatever Suzy had to offer, then when she flies all the way out to Texas and realizes he lives in a shack and is not amazing, she immediately wants out, it was like she didn't even the guy a chance, get to know him just a little, but no, he clearly did not have any money. And of course calls Jo's mom and wants her to just change her plane ticket right then and there.  

And the whole thing at the crib was just appalling. Suzy had the balls to try to get Jo's mom to buy a $900 crib! Who buys a $900 crib? I'm sure Suzy didn't even buy Kail a burp cloth let alone anything that the baby really needed. 

And the thing about financial aid? EVERYONE GETS FINANCIAL AID for college!!!!

it was sickening the way Kail treated Jo's family, she was so ungrateful. 

• Love 22
58 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh, I agree with you if that is the case of the girls aren't eating the school breakfast so Leah needs to accommodate that. 

In terms of the Miranda comment, I wouldn't necessarily hold that against Leah.  Miranda may love to cook a huge breakfast every morning, she may be a great cook and the girls enjoy her food.  I don't think that is a comment on Leah's parenting because Miranda makes a really great breakfast. 

There is also the nuance that the kids don't really understand that the reason Miranda MAY be able to make them a "prefererred" home cook breakfast in the morning is the fact that Corey most likely gets up and helps out with the morning routine.  So Miranda has the time and energy to do that with an extra adult helping in the morning.  Not the same situation as Leah.

But like I said I agree with you if the kids aren't eating breakfast at school Leah needs to figure it out.

• Love 8
On 2/28/2017 at 9:50 AM, greatscott91 said:

I'm not sure why UBT cares THAT MUCH about Jenelle having full custody. My best guess is that as long as Barb is in the picture he can't fully isolate Jenelle. It was very telling that Barb said Jenelle wasn't "allowed" to go to lunch with her friends. And for all Nathan's douchiness, he at least came into Barb's house a couple times and made some kind of attempt to have a relationship with Barb.

Ive always wondered this about ALL of Janelle's boyfriends.  They are all very anti-barb because she won't give custody back. Is it just a way to win Janelle over?  None of them have been 'fatherly'.

5 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I'm sure Barb is making enough to supplement her regular income nicely.  It would probably sting a bit if she lost it.  But maybe she's smart and stashing it away for when that happens.  And I think if Janelle did get custody I think they would work Barb into the show somehow.  

In the episode when Janelle asked Barb to take Jace to NYC - Janelle said "since I keep missing my weekends with Jace....."

well ummm who's fault is that??? 

• Love 8

I wonder what Kail is telling Isaac re: calling Javi dad.  He thinks of Javi as his "other dad."  We have heard him say that this season.  Did she say "he used to be your dad but isn't anymore"?? I don't even know how you explain it.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2017 at 0:22 PM, BitterApple said:

I don't know what it is, but joining the military increases a guy's hotness level exponentially. I used to work with this skinny, gangly kid who quit to join the Army. He came back a year later to visit and looked like freaking G.I. Joe. The military turns them into alpha dogs and women are naturally drawn to that, or at least I am, lol.

Prison does that, too.  No joke, I had a moment with my little brother-in-law where I said "omg, you look like a man now!"

He didn't really appreciate that conversation.But for real, he did look like a man.  It was weird.

• Love 3
(edited)

@gunderda, I've always assumed it was a combination of Jenelle painting a false picture of Barb to her boyfriends (with herself as the victim needing to be saved) and the dudes just plain old enjoying being abusive. Nathan really liked getting right in Barb's face and having an outlet for all that aggression. He even blamed her for Jenelle having been on heroin. David really likes playing the hero to Jenelle's damsel in distress and yelling at a vulnerable older lady. It serves them in various ways. Outlet for rage, way to look good to their new girlfriend, and also a way to not actually have to get Jace back. Also a way to isolate Jenelle as abusers do instinctively. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I wonder what Kail is telling Isaac re: calling Javi dad.  He thinks of Javi as his "other dad."  We have heard him say that this season.  Did she say "he used to be your dad but isn't anymore"?? I don't even know how you explain it.

I'm very concerned for how Isaac is taking all this.  Not only from the standpoint of Kail and Javi not being together but how Isaac will understand "losing" Javi as a second father.  You could already see the separation between him and Lincoln starting when Kail was clearly bringing only Lincoln to Javi's house to spend the night and at the last minute asked if Isaac can stay.  Isaac getting to "stay" or "go with Lincoln" is not always going to be the case, and I don't think that Kail and Javi have really prepared him for that reality.

I'm a big proponent of when blended families do it right and show love to all children involved; biological, step, foster, etc.  I also enjoy the loving relationship between Javi and Isaac.  With that said I hope Kail and Javi have learned a lesson that this is what can happen when they decided to make Javi the center of Isaac's life.  They were so hell bent on trying to replace Jo and make Javi the dominant father figure, it will now blow up in their face.  I'm sure Javi has gained an appreciation of what Jo went through with Kail, now that he is the odd man out.

• Love 16

Jenelle has lied to every one of the losers she hooks up with and becomes soulmates with. None of them know the real story about why Barb is the only mother Jace has ever known. All they've heard is Jenelle's version of what happened and we all know that version has absolutely nothing in common with the truth. They've been told that Barb 'stole' Jace from Jenelle when she was just a poor, confused teenager and that Barb won't give him back because she wants to hurt Jenelle. Then, when the soulmate of the week meets Barb, she speaks the truth about the situation. She tells them they're one more in a long string of men that Jenelle has met, barely gotten to know and is now supporting them. Of course, they don't like hearing the truth and immediately attack Barb with Jenelle cheering them on. It's a sick game with Jenelle. The more her loser of the moment hates Barb, the more she's into them. I'm sure the losers do the math fairly early on, too, and know that if Jace was there full time, more $$$ would be in the picture.

My heart just broke for Barb when she was talking to the producer about Jace. And, she brought up the glaringly obvious question about how will Jenelle and Uncle Creepy support all these kids when the MTV gravy train comes to an end? Neither on of them has any marketable skills or the ability to support a family. I was hoping she'd say another worry was that, like all of Jenelle's other soulmates, Uncle Creepy has history of domestic violence and a long criminal history. And, just because he hasn't beat the shit out of her yet (that we know of) or the cops don't know their address by heart, that it will happen. Maybe she did and they edited it out.

• Love 23

Barb made a really good point about what will happen when the show ends. She doesn't want Jenelle dumping Jace back on her doorstep like an unwanted puppy once the MTV money is gone. It's hard enough for a regular person to find a job nowadays, let alone one with no work experience and a drug history. Good luck trying to spin that to a hiring manager. It's not like Jenelle had a few fuck-ups as a kid. There's a consistent pattern of arrests and court dates spanning nearly ten years. Reality is going to hit her like a ton of bricks.

• Love 19
19 hours ago, lezlers said:

I also wondered why Leah just didn't drive them all the way to school if it's only 10 miles away.  Why drive out to the middle of nowhere (seriously, is there no civilization in West Virginia?  Everywhere they go it's just abandoned body caverns and backwoods) so they can catch a bus for another 5 miles?  That don't make no sense!

I'm now convinced WB is nothing but abandoned parking lots and nail salons. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I have to say as much as I may disagree with Kail's statement of "I had the kids all summer" I don't think she was using it as a diss against Javi.  I actually believed her when she was saying that she wasn't ready to share the kids with him again.

I don't necessarily think she was using it as a diss. But I don't think it's a valid argument. Javi was gone because he's in the freaking military and he had no choice. A job, I must point out, SHE insisted on. She wanted his ass deployed so she could enjoy the benefits without having the man around to bother her. But regardless of one's job, their child is both of theirs. Equally. I don't think being the mom qualifies her for more time with Lincoln than Javi. If anything, after all Javi is missed, a GOOD mother would want them to have as much time together as possible. 

7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't see that much has really changed with Jenelle. I think the main difference is she is ostensibly off drugs, which is probably largely due to her deciding to have babies to solidify relationships. But she still isn't working. She still seems to move a lot. She can't get along with her mother. Yes, there aren't as many huge yelling fights, but I think that's for two reasons - 1. Barb is trying to not engage as much and 2. David keeps her so isolated. And she's still rotating creepy dudes in and out of her life. In fact, her partners are getting progressively worse. So yea, I just don't see a lot of growth from Jenelle. The better things she has in life as mostly due to the money she earns from MTV. 

2 hours ago, CerealKiller813 said:

Heres my thing with Kail. She comes in swinging and then wants to sulk when her opponent has some secret one-two punch combos of their own. Her snide remarks and just general attitude has been ugly this whole season

When the fighting ended up in the parking lot, Kail kept acting like she was just there to talk business and JAVI kept throwing "slick remarks" at her. But who was the one that sat down at the table and insulted his shirt before anything else was said??? Fucking Fail. 

• Love 23

Does anyone remember an episode in one of the earlier seasons where Jenelle wanted to work at a day care, they showed her in the interview saying "I love kids" in her normal monotone dead inside voice.

• Love 23
42 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Does anyone remember an episode in one of the earlier seasons where Jenelle wanted to work at a day care, they showed her in the interview saying "I love kids" in her normal monotone dead inside voice.

And "I never yell."

• Love 19

I laugh my ass off every time I remember her telling the woman at the daycare that she never yells. The thought of Jenelle working at a daycare is the stuff nightmares are made of.

To be fair, she doesn't yell much at the KIDS...but that would mean having to pay attention to them. 

• Love 5

It's kind of like her rationale when talking about her relationships..."Wuuuuuuhlllll...we're gunna have a baby cuz we barely fight, so things are good. Then if we have a baby, that's pretty serious, so we'll probably get engaged, and we'll fight even less cuz we'll be too busy taking care of the Baby." It's like I'm watching a cross between the Notebook & Mary Poppins!

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Kail can't move because she now has two fathers with whom she has to share custody and visitation with. She made sure her ass was staying put in Delaware to stick it to Jo. She didn't expect him to move there. She now has a home that is not yet in her name because she hasn't refinanced it. Javi likely made damn sure that his court order prohibits Kail from moving anywhere for the time being because he is stationed there and he wants his visitation with his son. Javi likely also requested the court ensure Kail stays put because Lincoln has a half-brother in the same home town and they have visits together. Kail has no job to go to and there is no job she currently has that will require her to move. She cannot tell the court what she plans to do in the future which may include moving to another state and expect the court to abide by that. No judge would make an order based on a faux career. Unlike Javi's career which was the military where proof was was provided.

I have to say as much as I may disagree with Kail's statement of "I had the kids all summer" I don't think she was using it as a diss against Javi.  I actually believed her when she was saying that she wasn't ready to share the kids with him again.

Agree. It wasn't a diss to Javi. It was to lift her up and point out what a superior mother she thinks she is. She puts herself on a pedestal. The same thing her mother did.

As for the bolded part (mine), Kail couldn't wait to dump Isaac with Jo for a week, and going by Jo and Vee's comments, Kail has left Isaac in their care to the point that Vee felt a change in the visitation schedule needed to happen. That could only mean Lincoln was spending time at the Marroquins for the same amount of time while Kail was out banging her string of who knows how many guys. Kail not wanting to share her kids is a joke. She is wanting to WITHHOLD her children from Javi which is her punishment to him.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

It's kind of like her rationale when talking about her relationships..."Wuuuuuuhlllll...we're gunna have a baby cuz we barely fight, so things are good. Then if we have a baby, that's pretty serious, so we'll probably get engaged, and we'll fight even less cuz we'll be too busy taking care of the Baby." It's like I'm watching a cross between the Notebook & Mary Poppins!

Then I could have a baby with almost any person on this board...lol.  We almost never fight and I even think most everyone is funny.

• Love 22

You know, this might be an ideal time for Jo to quietly see an attorney about 50/50 custody of Isaac. Kail's already agreed to 50/50 with Javi and has another kid on the way. She's preoccupied with sticking it to Javi and deflecting what people are saying about her pregnancy. And, we know she's not going to let the new kid's father get away without paying child support even if he doesn't want to be part of the child's life. She's probably already talking to a lawyer about it and lining up a DNA test the minute the baby is born. She's preoccupied with other stuff right now. Jo should strike while the iron's hot and get 50/50 custody and no more child support payments to the Hulk.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

Ive always wondered this about ALL of Janelle's boyfriends.  They are all very anti-barb because she won't give custody back. Is it just a way to win Janelle over?  None of them have been 'fatherly'.

I'm sure Barb is making enough to supplement her regular income nicely.  It would probably sting a bit if she lost it.  But maybe she's smart and stashing it away for when that happens.  And I think if Janelle did get custody I think they would work Barb into the show somehow.  

In the episode when Janelle asked Barb to take Jace to NYC - Janelle said "since I keep missing my weekends with Jace....."

well ummm who's fault is that??? 

My guess is that they all think/thought Jenelle will get more money from MTV since Barb is obviously getting paid a decent amount for basically being another "Mom" on the show.

Remember - they're all lazy, unemployed POS's. 

• Love 1
On 28/02/2017 at 7:30 AM, ghoulina said:

Aubree feeling the baby kicks was so cute! My kids are all so close together, I never really got to experience that excitement about a new sibling. How fun. 

I still think Chelsea could be a bit more firm with Aubs, but she's trying. All kids have bratty moments and it's hard to handle with all eyes watching you. Texting an adult an apology is a bit ridiculous, but whatever. Comparatively they're fine. 

And I did notice that Chelsea WAS still working. Maybe not daily. But having the occasional spray tan appointment is good. It gets her out of the house and builds a client base if she ever does need to step up to full time. 

I loved Leah bragging SO hard about the backpacks already being in the car and getting the girls to the bus stop early. Simma down, Leah. Someone doth protest too much. 

She really needs to quit with the Germy bashing. He isn't the greatest guy ever, but she is making mountains out of holemills (tm Ramona Singer). She does NOT have to force him to have a relationship with Addie. Those two clearly love each other. I'm sorry if he took a few days after being gone FOUR months to see his daughter, but I'd wager he had a lot of preparing to do after being gone that long. He probably had no food in the house, no clean clothes, things needed to be aired out, etc. Again, simma. 

And her marriage/impulsive advice for Germy was just the icing on the cake. It's okay if he's impulsive, as long as he's impulsive with Leah. 

Jenelle makes me flipping sick. Her patterns are so apparent. Whenever she has a guy, she has worse problems with Barb and tries to get Jace back. When she's single, they get along much better, and her custody battle goes by the wayside. David is the worst yet, because he's super duper controlling and intent on keeping her as estranged from Barb as possible. 

But to say that it's possible Barb is keeping Jace for the money was just fucking LOW. LOW, LOW, LOW. Or that she's "too attached". She's raised the kid for his entire life! How do you NOT get attached? You know what, Jenelle, you're too unattached! How bow dah???

I was glad to hear Barb was addressing a lot of the valid concerns we've all had. They don't work, and how is their financial situation going to be sustainable post show? Jenelle has been touting her anxiety for YEARS, as an excuse for everything, now suddenly it's gone. David cures anxiety, y'all. How fortunate. And, you know, since all the judges have watched Jenelle grow up, they're clearly going to be very proud of her and how far she's come. Bahahahhaa! You can't make that shit up. If a court system has seen you SO often that they've essentially witnesses you "growing up", you've got real problems. 

But my heart just broke for Barb. That boy is her child and she is her mother and after 8 years, Jenelle should just fucking let it go. She is putting them both through so much turmoil and it's just disgusting. 

I don't even want to talk about Kail much because she is just beyond ridiculous. I don't know why she thinks she's entitled to any more time with Lincoln than Javi is. They're BOTH parents. And I loved that Javi called her out on her whole, "I'm doing it alone!" claims. She has Jo, she has Javi's parents, she has friends, the kids have been in camp, etc. She's taken more vacations in one year than I've taken in 5. So how is she putting her kids first, again? 

And then when she hears something contrary to the ass kissing she expects, she bails. Typical Kail. She is so full of shit, I just don't even want to look at her anymore. 

I just wish I could send Barb flowers, a card and a long letter. She deserves so much better than what she gets from her so called daughter. So much better.

• Love 22
On 28/02/2017 at 8:51 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Earth to Janelle - 

7 different men in 7 years is NOT stability

3 children by 3 baby daddies is NOT stability

by my estimation, she has moved at least 5 times in 7 years, that is NOT stability

Janelle has no job other that the 1099 she gets from MTV and she lives with a man who doesn't work in the backwoods of NC. Not stability

What judge in their right mind would give her custody? I love that she thinks that "buying land" makes her a grownup. 

Barb is 100% right. Janelle jumps into relationships with controlling men who bleed her dry. She  spends every cent she makes on lawyers and cars and housing and flying around partying. I doubt she is saving a penny. So when MTV goes away, she will have nothing, no job, no means to support herself in the long term because UBT will be a distant memory once the Janelle money train ends. I know in the back of Barb's mind she is thinking that when Janelle is dead broke she will end up on her doorstep and she will be supporting all of them. I am sure that Barb is saving her MTV money for Jace. Her kitchen looks really nice, BTW. UBT has a lot of nerve criticizing Barb for working at Wal Mart when he doesn't work at all. 

That aftershow was a shitshow. So Leah and Kail are both pregnant? And Chelsea didn't come because she just had a baby. And Janelle just had a baby. And they are all under 25, or just turned 25 and have a gaggle of kids and only one of them is in a stable relationship? What role models they have become!! Good thing Farrah was there. At least she doesn't continue to pop out kids. So the aftershow was basically the Farrah and Barb show? Too funny. So did Janelle finally show up? I went to bed and she was tweeting up a storm from an undisclosed location. 

Oh and the only reason Kail agreed to 50/50 was because she knew that Javi could make her look really bad in court. Her "I'm a single mom raising kids alone" bitch while her husband is deployed doesn't fly with the court. Of course she won't give an inch on holidays. Javi looked like he was over it. 

So what's so wrong working at Walmart?? Target, Home Depot, Sears, Nordstrom, Whole Foods-they are all JOBS!! Shut your piehole kids, you just sound so demented!

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

So what's so wrong working at Walmart?? Target, Home Depot, Sears, Nordstrom, Whole Foods-they are all JOBS!! Shut your piehole kids, you just sound so demented!

We all know there's not a damn thing wrong with working an honest job to pay the bills. I'm going to laugh my ass off when the MTV money is gone and Jenelle is at Walmart trying to stretch her food stamps as far as they'll go and the checker tells her she doesn't have enough left on her EBT card to cover it. Roll your eyes and mock working at Walmart then, Jenelle.

• Love 17
On 01/03/2017 at 7:23 AM, Brooklynista said:

But why not have an abortion?  Fail has never struck me as especially religious or against abortion morally.  Why not have one since there is all this turmoil going on in her life right now.  Nobody ever had to know.  Just looking at the confusion and pain on Isaac's face should tell her that the household isn't ready for what is sure to be more upheaval.  A new baby??  A new baby daddy? Is she trying to break that little boy?  She's 20 what?  She has plenty of time for more babies.  Babies that could be birthed into a home of stability. What she has set herself up for now is a heap of  parking lot tradeoffs and who's baby daddy buys the better xmas presents.

Poor, poor little Isaac, my heart breaks for his future. He is old enough to know things are not the way they should be, can't imagine she is treating him with much patience these days. Thank goodness for Jo & V, wish that they could just take Isaac in with them. And Javi could be sure the boys saw each other. I figured Kail was looking plumpish, and agree with her hair looking so greasy. She is spinning out of control, and it is all her own fault! 

• Love 10
(edited)

After the show ends, at least one of these girls will end up as a sex worker of some kind. Ten, fifteen years down the line. It might be like Farrah, paid to show up at "events" -- with behind-the-scenes lap dancing or a fake girl-on-girl make-out scene, but one way or another, they'll be a washed up reality TV show D-list desperate nobody spending the rest of their lives trying to make a living on past "glory." There will be no other way for them to make a living. Flopping their fake tits into the faces of random weirdos in windowless rooms by the offramp to the interstate. 

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Oh, I agree with you if that is the case of the girls aren't eating the school breakfast so Leah needs to accommodate that. 

In terms of the Miranda comment, I wouldn't necessarily hold that against Leah.  Miranda may love to cook a huge breakfast every morning, she may be a great cook and the girls enjoy her food.  I don't think that is a comment on Leah's parenting because Miranda makes a really great breakfast. 

There is also the nuance that the kids don't really understand that the reason Miranda MAY be able to make them a "prefererred" home cook breakfast in the morning is the fact that Corey most likely gets up and helps out with the morning routine.  So Miranda has the time and energy to do that with an extra adult helping in the morning.  Not the same situation as Leah.

But like I said I agree with you if the kids aren't eating breakfast at school Leah needs to figure it out.

This reminds me of when Cory was with Leah. He did most, if not all, of the work around the house. He complained to Leah about the laundry not getting done and whenever he mentioned anything to her about what needed to be done, Leah would pout, complain and basically rattled off excuses along with that  defensive attitude of hers. He also fed the girls. @BitterApple made a good point about the girlses possibly not being accustomed to not eating nutritious food. Very much so as we have watched season after season what they are being fed. Still, they are apparently eating some good food at Miranda and Cory's. They apparently realize home-cooked breakfasts are a helluva lot better than a school breakfast. That is Leah's problem and one that she should fix. But she is extremely lazy and with the pillses problem, it is likely not going to get better.

2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

We all know there's not a damn thing wrong with working an honest job to pay the bills. I'm going to laugh my ass off when the MTV money is gone and Jenelle is at Walmart trying to stretch her food stamps as far as they'll go and the checker tells her she doesn't have enough left on her EBT card to cover it. Roll your eyes and mock working at Walmart then, Jenelle.

If UBT hasn't killed her by then.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Poor, poor little Isaac, my heart breaks for his future. He is old enough to know things are not the way they should be, can't imagine she is treating him with much patience these days. Thank goodness for Jo & V, wish that they could just take Isaac in with them. And Javi could be sure the boys saw each other. I figured Kail was looking plumpish, and agree with her hair looking so greasy. She is spinning out of control, and it is all her own fault! 

I wouldn't be surprised if, 10 years from now, Isaac will have grown very resentful, disapproving and all but estranged from his mother. I also wouldn't be surprised if, 5 or so years down the line, Isaac tells the courts he wants to live w/Jo and See - much to the utter shock and dismay of Kail. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 13