Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, possibilities said:

If it is, I haven't found where.

Not that this answers your question, but Jen Psaki announced at the end of her show today that she's in this week for Chris Hayes.  

I looked at the website and the Twitter feed and I think the network doesn't really want you to know when the hosts won't be there so you'll tune in.  I guess they don't want to think that anyone will tune in specifically to see a guest host.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Was she off more than one day last week?  That was the day when everyone from 4 pm up to 10 pm was off.  She has been doing her show remotely for awhile with only an exception or two (Biden interview day).

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, tvchick said:

Was she off more than one day last week?  That was the day when everyone from 4 pm up to 10 pm was off.  She has been doing her show remotely for awhile with only an exception or two (Biden interview day).

I hadn't noticed anything was different. One day last week her husband was zooming from what looked like an attic room 😁. He's always in unusual settings too. 

• LOL 1

Anyone have really silly msnbc crushes? I'll go first! Chuck Rosenburg, Howard Dean (2004 Howard Dean really), Neal Katyal, a few more ugh, and a girlcrush on Ruth Ben-Ghiat 😂  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, jenkait said:

Anyone have really silly msnbc crushes? I'll go first! Chuck Rosenburg, Howard Dean (2004 Howard Dean really), Neal Katyal, a few more ugh, and a girlcrush on Ruth Ben-Ghiat 😂  

Okay. Not one of the regulars but….Nick Confessori.  Heilemann. I have cookie sheets older than both (thank you Erma Bombeck). There are a couple more I can’t think of right now. 

• LOL 4

Oh, that Nick is so adorable. I can still see the little kid in his cute face (maybe that's why he's grown a beard--trying to look his age?). And sweet Neal...he patiently explains legal issues so that we non-lawyers can better understand what's going on. But my "boyfriend" is still Harry Litwin, another boyish legal eagle. He's another good explainer and always so enthusiastic. Heilman is my #1 choice as host for an evening show. He's handled so expertly some big news days as a sub for NW this past year. Wish she'd go on vacation now and have him sit in for her.

• Like 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Oh, that Nick is so adorable. I can still see the little kid in his cute face (maybe that's why he's grown a beard--trying to look his age?). And sweet Neal...he patiently explains legal issues so that we non-lawyers can better understand what's going on. But my "boyfriend" is still Harry Litwin, another boyish legal eagle. He's another good explainer and always so enthusiastic. Heilman is my #1 choice as host for an evening show. He's handled so expertly some big news days as a sub for NW this past year. Wish she'd go on vacation now and have him sit in for her.

Nick Confessori (spelling?) is a very handsome dude for sure but he does look very young.  Harry Litwin is AWESOME, he never shies away from giving his opinion even as a lawyer!  I compare him to Ari Melber who speaks in very measured ways as a lawyer and don't get me wrong, Ari Melber seems so very intelligent and his style typical of a lawyer?? But Harry's style is wild and confident and he just cheerfully goes off on Nicolle Wallace's show and he's just great 😂

Edited by jenkait
Wrote a word twice
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Has MSNBC filled all the host positions now? I only watch Deadline: White House (with occasional trips over to CNN when Nicholle gets on my last nerve or goes on way too long on one topic).

What does Nicolle do to get on your last nerve? Is it her silliness or like the hair shaking? Neither bother me, just curious!  

(fwiw if someone has on a shirt that is not symmetrical I can't look at the screen for long, not judging! 😂)

• Like 1

Nicholle goes on way too long when she's setting up her questions for guests. I believe she loves to hear herself talk. After a while, you wonder why the guest even needs to respond as she's covered all the talking points.  She hasn't been flicking hair out of her eyes all that much lately (maybe emailed complaints to MSNBC have worked?) And then there are the big horse laughs 😒.  In her early days at D:WH, she was ok, but she's gotten to be too much. I only watch because her guests are the best when the news is *hot*.

• Like 2

I still enjoy Nicolle. I enjoy everyone from Tur through Wagner more or less. I have enjoyed Psaki filling in for Hayes this week quite a bit though. I still hope she gets a daily show, wondered if perhaps they were using this week to test her out there, but wouldn't want to push out any of those necessarily. O'Donnell, Ruhle, Mitchell, and Morning Joe are the ones I don't care much for, but I assume they must have decent ratings to have their slots.

Yes, Nick Confessore has been very handsome to me ever since he grew the facial hair out a little bit.

• Love 2

Who's idea was it to have Rachel Maddow read the indictment verbatim for what seems to be an eternity.  And not do a great job of it.

And she has a panel of other MSNBC hosts with her who are sitting there while she rambles on.

I had to turn her off after 20 minutes of suffering through this hot mess

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

Who's idea was it to have Rachel Maddow read the indictment verbatim for what seems to be an eternity.  And not do a great job of it.

And she has a panel of other MSNBC hosts with her who are sitting there while she rambles on.

I had to turn her off after 20 minutes of suffering through this hot mess

She's another one who goes on & on. I can't watch her show because I get tired of hearing that voice bubbling up & down forevahhh. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Rachel's far and away the most popular host that MSNBC has ever had. She assumes her audience is smart and can handle intelligent discussion and sure enough, millions tune in to watch her. I thought it was very helpful to have her read the indictment.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Rachel has a didactic way of speaking, like we viewers are too stupid to understand whateverthehell a topic is unless she explains it over and over...🙄

I stopped watching her show a couple years ago because she annoyed the hell out of me.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Rachel has a didactic way of speaking, like we viewers are too stupid to understand whateverthehell a topic is unless she explains it over and over...🙄

I stopped watching her show a couple years ago because she annoyed the hell out of me.

Yes. And like Pence, she always has that pained look on her face (& of course, in her voice). 

• Like 2

I just hit the mute as another former member of Congress gets to "explain" 🙄. MrP914 has been griping about this for a couple of years & I now have to admit, these folks really don't have much to contribute. MSNBC does have, IMO, the best lawyers to help us understand what's going on in the legal world (e.g., Neal Katyal, Harry Litwin, Andrew Weissmann, etc). 

• Like 8

Tonight CNN led the 10pm hour with the news about Ohio voters supporting abortion rights. Granted, they returned to Trump News pretty quickly. But they had live coverage of a little bit of the celebrations.  Unless I missed it, Lawrence O’Donnell did not mention it until 45 minutes in. Because rehashing what is happening on the Trump legal front is under-reported. I used to love Lawrence O; now he is kind of a smug, one-trick pony. I know, very unpopular opinion. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

Tonight CNN led the 10pm hour with the news about Ohio voters supporting abortion rights. Granted, they returned to Trump News pretty quickly. But they had live coverage of a little bit of the celebrations.  Unless I missed it, Lawrence O’Donnell did not mention it until 45 minutes in. Because rehashing what is happening on the Trump legal front is under-reported. I used to love Lawrence O; now he is kind of a smug, one-truck pony. I know, very unpopular opinion. 

I love Lawrence too but gave up on him when he rambled on and on in 2015 how Trump had said this or that or done this or that and all this was from the man who will never be president.  Wonder how he feels about those things now 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

Tonight CNN led the 10pm hour with the news about Ohio voters supporting abortion rights. Granted, they returned to Trump News pretty quickly. But they had live coverage of a little bit of the celebrations.  Unless I missed it, Lawrence O’Donnell did not mention it until 45 minutes in. Because rehashing what is happening on the Trump legal front is under-reported. I used to love Lawrence O; now he is kind of a smug, one-truck pony. I know, very unpopular opinion. 

That's ok.  IMO, O'Donnell has *always* been smug (& condescending). 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Lawrence O'Donnell is the very definition of pompous. If I could avoid watching him completely, I'd be very happy. Unfortunately, he often has regular correspondents and guests whose analyses I value and specifically he's the host who gets Laurence Tribe. When Professor Tribe has something he wants to speak on, I listen. Then I go watch a movie. 😉

• Like 3
22 hours ago, tres bien said:

Tonight CNN led the 10pm hour with the news about Ohio voters supporting abortion rights. Granted, they returned to Trump News pretty quickly. But they had live coverage of a little bit of the celebrations.  Unless I missed it, Lawrence O’Donnell did not mention it until 45 minutes in.

You missed it. It was on before Lawrence O'Donnell. A couple of hours earlier near the end of Chris Hayes show they covered the vote in Ohio. I didn't watch the next hour with Alex Wagner so I don't know how much time was spent on it but she mentioned in her lead-in that she would be talking about it too.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, shok said:

You missed it. It was on before Lawrence O'Donnell. A couple of hours earlier near the end of Chris Hayes show they covered the vote in Ohio. I didn't watch the next hour with Alex Wagner so I don't know how much time was spent on it but she mentioned in her lead-in that she would be talking about it too.

Well this is confusing. I was quoting another poster. I posted that Chris Hayes reported that the AP had called the Ohio election around 7:50 central time. He also talked about the election going that way earlier but MSNBC was waiting for AP

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Moose135 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. I've always liked him.

I do too, but I think he could lower his smug-o-meter rating a good deal if he just eliminated or shortened his nightly opening monolog. He has good guests and he asks them smart questions and he lets them answer them. That's no small thing! The monolog we have to get through first always feels like it's fifteen minutes long (although it's probably more like three) because of the wearying pontificating and prognosticating. If he must give an opening talk on the theme of that night's episode, I think he'd be well advised to hold it to a minute or under.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5

It's been enjoyable watching Alicia Menendez host Deadline:White House this week. She's very good at this. Her questions immediately get to the point, opening the door for her guests to have enough time to share their expertise as they answer questions. She & John Heilman are such naturals for this job. I just sent an email to MSNBC in this regard.

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Like 5

What is the purpose of guests like Eddie Glyde, David Jolley, Donna Edwards, Basil Smyke, Claire McCaskill, etc? I just don't find them interesting. I tune in to Deadline: White House to hear from current members of Congress, reporters, and govt legal experts. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

What is the purpose of guests like Eddie Glyde, David Jolley, Donna Edwards, Basil Smyke, Claire McCaskill, etc? I just don't find them interesting. I tune in to Deadline: White House to hear from current members of Congress, reporters, and govt legal experts. 

ITA Except for Claire McCaskill ( to me she's the GOAT)

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 4

I love Ali Velshi!! He actually REPORTS sometimes, instead of only speculating!! He asks intelligent questions and doesn't blather on like someone who is trying to do a book report without reading the book. He doesn't run panels just to fill time!! he man actually seems to WORK and not just fill the seat!! 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I turned on Rachel and company last night but only lasted maybe 10 minutes at best. They seemed really loud and over-caffeinated. Maybe it was due to the late hour. Maybe it was just me. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Lots of laughter

Yes! Raucous. It just seemed way over-the-top and I just couldn’t understand why they decided to go that way. Some humor would have been great; and expected. But this went way over the top. I am old.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think he has an entire show on PeacockTv. He used to, anyway.

He does on Tuesday evenings. His MSNBC show is on Sundays 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/24/2023 at 3:03 PM, tres bien said:

I haven't watched Rachel in a long time but MSNBC has been running a very good ad with her lately 

Quoting myself because although I don't watch Rachel's show the ad that's been running is powerful. At the same time CNN's running an ad for Kaitlyn Collins's show and it's so lame. Sorry but you gotta have chops to be taken seriously 

• Like 1

Lately, so much of what I see on-air drives me to change the channel. I know the ratings are good in that they almost always beat CNN. And Rachel can beat Fox News in her time slot. But the seemingly 24/7 coverage of the former President can wear. And maybe erode viewership.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

Lately, so much of what I see on-air drives me to change the channel. I know the ratings are good in that they almost always beat CNN. And Rachel can beat Fox News in her time slot. But the seemingly 24/7 coverage of the former President can wear. And maybe erode viewership.

Someone needs to tell TPTB that they need to mix it up with coverage/discussions re: other politicians, legislative activities nationwide, court rulings, Ukraine, NATO, etc. I'm certainly watching less news these days. The neverending coverage of tfg has worn me out.

• Like 2
  • Love 2