Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

LOD just said the HoR censured one of their members, and he said what the vote was (how many voted for or against the censure), but he didn't say what the censured rep said that she was censured for. HOW IS THIS INFORMATIVE???? 

He thought it was more important to go to Steve Kornacki saying basically that everybody is still counting votes so nobody knows for sure who ultimately won anything he's talking about.

I'm getting really impatient wth MSNBC. 

• Love 1

Over the past few years, while watching Deadline:White House, I frequently heard someone coughing. I finally figured it was Nicholle as it was happening more often. The other day, while interviewing someone in the studio, she was coughing a lot and even apologized to her guest (who was talking at length about the topic of the day). Hope it's just allergies or sinus issues. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Over the past few years, while watching Deadline:White House, I frequently heard someone coughing. I finally figured it was Nicholle as it was happening more often. 

It's been going on for a while. Because I'm at a point in my life where I relate everything to my own frustrating and futile doctor visits, I've diagnosed both Nicolle and Katy Tur with GERD.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I've noticed that, too, and I really do hope it's GERD or allergies, because if it's anything even possibly contagious, I am really upset that she's coughing all over the studio and exposing her staff and guests to it. It really bothers me every time it happens. 

It also makes me a bit anxious because my ex had a friend who had a cough, didn't feel too sick, but then all of a sudden it turned oout she had lung cancer and she died really fast. 

Between that and COVID, I've become quite concerned about any unexplained coughing.

Of course, I had a cough for months every winter back in the day, and it was "just" asthma. So it really could be anything.

Nicole sounds really sick, though. It's a rattly cough, and it's been going on for a long time. 

• Like 2

Nicole said, "Mike and I had a baby." Then said that she, her husband and their 11 year old son, Liam were at the hospital.

Nicolle also indicated that Alicia Menendez would be filling her chair over the next few months.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:31 AM, RealityCheck said:

For those who like Michael Steele, as I do, he along with Alicia Mendez and Symone Sanders-Townsend will be hosting a new two-hour show, "The Weekend", which will begin airing January on Saturdays and Sundays at 8AM.

I was disappointed to learn of this the other day.  Alicia must want that time slot because she's really much better than the current prime time hosts, IMO. She and Katy Tur could easily handle any of the late afternoon/evening shows. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Last night, Monday December 18th, during the handoff fromThe Rachel Maddow Show to The Last Word, where Ali Velshi was subbing for Lawrence O'Donnell, Ali asked Rachel to have her staff upload the core portion of her A Block, so people who missed it would be able to watch it. I'd just like to inform that a 10 minute long clip from that segment has been uploaded to MSNBC's YouTube account, from where it is easily accessible and shareable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I know that we are facing the most important election in our lifetime; possibly since the beginning of this country.  But...

Must this network (actually all of them) cover Trump every waking hour of the day.  I cannot stand it anymore.  There is news happening everywhere. But I get more actual national and world news from my local affiliates. 

I am worn down and crabby.  The KC game going to streaming is the final straw. I don't watch much of this network or CNN lately; I tune in first thing in the morning and that's about it. I miss my "fix" of Nicole (I know she is on maternity leave right now)...a lot of the "regular" pundits and analysts; many of the recurring lawyers...Katy Tur....even the sports news and entitlement of Joe Scarborough.  But I cannot listen to the same conversations and opinions, hand-wringing, anger and despair for hours and hours. 

• Like 10
On 1/16/2024 at 8:29 PM, Kemper said:

I know that we are facing the most important election in our lifetime; possibly since the beginning of this country.  But...

Must this network (actually all of them) cover Trump every waking hour of the day.  I cannot stand it anymore.  There is news happening everywhere. But I get more actual national and world news from my local affiliates. 

I am worn down and crabby.  The KC game going to streaming is the final straw. I don't watch much of this network or CNN lately; I tune in first thing in the morning and that's about it. I miss my "fix" of Nicole (I know she is on maternity leave right now)...a lot of the "regular" pundits and analysts; many of the recurring lawyers...Katy Tur....even the sports news and entitlement of Joe Scarborough.  But I cannot listen to the same conversations and opinions, hand-wringing, anger and despair for hours and hours. 

I agree. I'm worn out by the same conversations, over & over ad nauseum (& not just on MSNBC, but CNN as well). Way too much is happening right now worldwide yet most of the news content is about one person. Time to fire off an email in this regard. And I too now switch to our local news stations (and not just for weather reports). These two broadcasters are wearing out their welcome.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wow. Alicia let TPTB at MSNBC know that she wasn't impressed with a (real lightweight) guest booked on her show. I've never seen anything like it(a snide remark directed at the guest) ever, on any of these talk/news shows. 

• LOL 1

Damn! I'm sorry I missed that. I have always really liked Alicia Menendez, and am upset that they cancelled her show and moved her to an ungodly early hour of weekend mornings where probably hardly anyone will see her.

---------

Today I got one of those surveys MSNBC sends out periodically, asking what I thought of various commentators they have on, and it seems like they are evaluating which of the many people who say the same thing  over and over again they want to keep having on to say it. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

Damn! I'm sorry I missed that. I have always really liked Alicia Menendez, and am upset that they cancelled her show and moved her to an ungodly early hour of weekend mornings where probably hardly anyone will see her.

---------

Today I got one of those surveys MSNBC sends out periodically, asking what I thought of various commentators they have on, and it seems like they are evaluating which of the many people who say the same thing  over and over again they want to keep having on to say it. 

I've never received a survey from MSNBC. I'd love to tell them what I think!!  Yeah...you missed a nice little take down. Someone at MSNBC must love Alexi because she's been on several times despite some unimpressive behavior (lost out on a job at a magazine due to nasty comments she made about Asians several years ago, and recently wrote an immature opinion piece for the Washington Post about buying a certain type of purse, in which she threw her white mother under the proverbial bus for not helping her grow up Black). 

• Like 1

I didn't see any of the Alicia Menendez/Alexi M interview. In fact, I had forgotten who she even is.  That being said - for me, anyway, I am uncomfortable with anyone who is hosting a show to display a "You are not good enough to earn my time" tone.  If that is indeed how it was; it doesn't seem professional.  Now if the person being interviewed is a tinfoil-hat-wearing outlier.....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kemper said:

I didn't see any of the Alicia Menendez/Alexi M interview. In fact, I had forgotten who she even is.  That being said - for me, anyway, I am uncomfortable with anyone who is hosting a show to display a "You are not good enough to earn my time" tone.  If that is indeed how it was; it doesn't seem professional.  Now if the person being interviewed is a tinfoil-hat-wearing outlier.....

When the show opened, Alexi was sitting next to Mary Mc?, the attorney with the long blonde hair, a very highly respected former Justice Dept attorney. I was shocked to see Alexi there, wondering what the heck she had to contribute. After a break and Mary Mc? left, Alicia interviewed another legal guest via zoom, & then turned to Alexi who was sitting at the table and said something like, "And what are you writing down with your little pink Barbie pen?"  Alexi looked shocked and stammered out something about what we can expect this year.  Wish I could remember that attorney's last name. She's on the show a lot, usually interviewed via zoom. Anyway, maybe I misinterpreted what Alicia said/meant. But Alexi really had nothing meaningful to contribute.

• Sad 1

"Barbie Pen" - seriously?  Again, I didn't see it and barely know who Alexi-something is.  But.  If the network were to banish the reporters/analysts/hangers-on that appear who have basically nothing new or pertinent to contribute, there would be huge amounts of hot air waiting to be filled. I don't believe I have observed veteran, well-respected show hosts belittle (if that is what it was) a guest unless it was some shady, loud, rude and obnoxious person.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

"Barbie Pen" - seriously?  Again, I didn't see it and barely know who Alexi-something is.  But.  If the network were to banish the reporters/analysts/hangers-on that appear who have basically nothing new or pertinent to contribute, there would be huge amounts of hot air waiting to be filled. I don't believe I have observed veteran, well-respected show hosts belittle (if that is what it was) a guest unless it was some shady, loud, rude and obnoxious person.  

Well...as I said, I may have misinterpreted the comment. Maybe it was a joke between friends. I've never before seen/heard Alicia say anything like this to a guest. She's always been so professional & welcoming to all of her guests. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Why the hell did Alex Wagner break up her interview with Hillary Clinton into tiny bits interspersed with herself and Ali Velshi* commenting on what Secy Clinton said? I've never seen such a stupid presentation of an interview, especially not with such a high profile guest. 

*and other commentators

Edited by possibilities
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

I'm glad Nicolle Wallace is back.  I can watch Alicia for four hours on weekends but I would be happy if they MSNBC execs decided to replace Katy Tur with Alicia.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Wow. Barbara McQuade looks so different!! It sure does pay to be an MSNBC contributor. She looks wonderful (as does Joyce Vance). It looks like McQuade is no longer at U of Michigan and has written a book. I think Nicholle is having her back to discuss the book...maybe tomorrow???

• Like 4

Good God Almighty! Nicholle is louder and laughing more raucously than ever, now that's she's back. It's so irritating. If it weren't for her excellent legal experts, I wouldn't be watching Deadline:White House.

• Like 1

This is a strange 10 pm Friday hour. It's being hosted by Andrew Weissman and Melissa Murray, who are touting their new book, but also interviewing others about related current news. Melissa is doing an excellent job IMO, but Andrew Weissman is much better in his regular role as a legal commentator. He seems much better at answering questions rather than asking them.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I noticed they were advertising the show. It seems that MSNBC has made an industry out of "the indictments". They're gonna loose a lot of money banking on a dead end 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ebk57 said:

OMG, they hired Ronna McDaniel. 

Why???????????????????????????

Well it's NBC so hopefully she'll never show up on MSNBC or I'll be diving for the remote.

But it does say something about how far NBC has fallen. The network of Meet the Press the longest running news show now completely unwatchable. And to think they fired Brian Williams for embellishing war stories 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

I haven't watched MTP since Chuck left (& I wasn't even a fan of his). I was just thinking who could be a great moderator: Robert Costa. He had moderated Washington Week on PBS & was very good. Unfortunately, he left PBS to work at CBS. Meet The Press has been a shadow of its earlier days--actually, ever since Tim Russert died. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, tres bien said:

Well it's NBC so hopefully she'll never show up on MSNBC or I'll be diving for the remote.

I believe they said she'd be showing up on MSNBC, but since I then went into a rage blackout, I can't be sure.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 5