Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

This seems random but I follow Kaylssa on instagram and in her instastory she is on the beach with Robby Hayes from bachelor nation.  Reality Steve hasn’t said the best things about him.  

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Slew said:

I agree with Judy about Keyra. She's not anything special. Her body type with the ample hips and caboose can make it look like there was plenty of movement going on, even when it mostly started there in the first place. The movement is mostly loose flesh more than anything she put into it.

That's why Keyra thinks she's extra sexy. Walk around with any group of black guys and they go nuts over body types like that. Firm is not considered a positive.

I totally disagree, I think Keyra is spunky and sexy and I like that she has a different body type.   She is very fit and whenever she is in a group my eyes pull to her.  Not everyone can be a stick figure with boobs.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I guess I've never thought she has a fantastic figure -- big boobs, yes, but her body is relatively boxy.

She's got a great body for an average girl on the street but she does not have a great Hollywood body. Hopefully her "big dream" is to be a backup dancer or dance in music videos because I don't see her getting much farther than that. She's not going to be a big star. She's just a pretty girl who can dance. And she is also a girl who can't follow the rules. Unless you're a big star, most companies aren't going to look to highly on someone who can't follow the simplest rules of a contract. I hope she has some amazing connections out there because she's in for quite a reality check if she thinks she'll have the success she had on DCC.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, klh25 said:

I totally disagree, I think Keyra is spunky and sexy and I like that she has a different body type.   She is very fit and whenever she is in a group my eyes pull to her.  Not everyone can be a stick figure with boobs.

Kerya's body shape reminds me of Kandi Harris, but in my opinion, Kandi was a much better dancer and overall DCC. There has been girls in the past who were cut in TC who had the same body shape type and could dance well and had the total DCC package, but they cut them and let Keyra on the team. Like I said, I think there is a lot more to why Judy does not care for Keyra than what is shown on the show.

3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Yuko has been here WAY too long to be that far back in Thunderstruck still.

Two years..? Depending on the vet ratio you don’t really get up front unless you’re a great performer or seniority. Yuko has neither on her side right now. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Two years..? Depending on the vet ratio you don’t really get up front unless you’re a great performer or seniority. Yuko has neither on her side right now. 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

She has Kelsey & Selina by her.  I know I screw my seasons up, but didn't they all make it in the same year?

It’s only been two years? Well, I stand corrected ? I could have sworn she was a third year 

2 hours ago, Amk2017 said:

This seems random but I follow Kaylssa on instagram and in her instastory she is on the beach with Robby Hayes from bachelor nation.  Reality Steve hasn’t said the best things about him.  

Interesting. I wish Melissa Rycroft would mentor her to stay away from the Bachelor cast ?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Amk2017 said:

Ahh I saw that too! I also saw that Chad Johnson liked a lot of her photos. They're both from Oklahoma. I wonder if they know each other as well.

• Love 1
On 10/22/2017 at 1:17 AM, Blndee6 said:

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: What’s the Point?

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Disney Princesses Need Not Apply

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: No Fat Chicks.

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Here, Kitty Kitty Kitty..

(Ok I’ll knock it off and go to sleep now)

What is the Disney princesses about?

46 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

HAHA probably Taryn but Jasmine was Tiana and Brittany E was Alice.

I still don't get it- the post said No Disney Princesses.  What does that mean?

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Dallas is a fairly small pond in which she was a relatively big fish.  I think that's why she thinks she can make it in Hollywood...and I swear I'm waiting for her to post that she put the "Holly" in Hollywood!  I don't think drinking underage will doom her; what WILL doom her is that stupid "look at MEEEEEE, I'm sooo sexayyyy" expression she has when she dances.  If she's trying to be a backup dancer, for example, she better understand that she can't try to outshine whoever she's dancing for.  You want to dance for Britney in Vegas (for example)...don't try to out Britney her!

Yep.

She's certainly more toned than I am, but yeah, she better work on losing that belly roll (it's small but it's there) and keeping it off.  She'll be up against some really teeny tiny women.

She has Kelsey & Selina by her.  I know I screw my seasons up, but didn't they all make it in the same year?

You are spot on about back up dancing. Try the "holly sexy face" or moving forward one inch closer to your star/potential boss while auditioning. And guarantee Holly WILL. Because she is a soloist and on DCC, the best dancer.  Not a team player. You can be the most talented dancer in the room but without work ethic and humility good luck.  Work ethic doesnt mean showing up to your job on time and with a more expensive spray tan than your team mate. She will be going head to head with hungry (literally, they haven't eaten much less carry designer bags) younger more intense dancers that haven't been busy posting daily pics of themselves in their uniforms. (Many NFL teams don't even allow this) This is partially why DCC attractS sometimes young ladies with the wrong motives. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Java said:

She has a fantastic figure and is an incredibly talented dancer, but Holly has never struck me as the typical Hollywood glam girl.  If she wears makeup to accentuate her looks she sparkles, but the typical way the DCC have to pile it on always made her look too harsh in my opinion. 

It'll be interesting to see if she gets anywhere out there and if we ever hear about her again besides on her own IG, lol.

When you can only be in a great physique when the calendar comes calling... But In Hollywood?? Oh HECK NO. ALL the time perfection. Hope Holly's mom and dad are ready to pay the maintenance bill... Because that's par for the course for Holly. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, missmansfield said:

What is the Disney princesses about?

Mentor Melissa told Savannah she looked like a Disney Princess.. however it seems like the general consensus is that regardless of how she looks, Savannah isn’t exactly a superstar.

Edited by Blndee6
9 hours ago, Blndee6 said:

Mentor Melissa told Savannah she looked like a Disney Princess.. however it seems like the general consensus is that regardless of how she looks, Savannah isn’t exactly a superstar.

It was Kashara who said that but I think Kalyssa looks like a total Disney Princess with that face!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

I think Holly

I'm sure it's amazing... But wait DCC faithfull followers, isn't she just "small town girl with no stop lights"? And somehow, she's found the means to make a life in LA. #momanddadstillpayhollysbills

l

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

I know it's early but who you think is going to retire this year? :(

Ginelle and Jenna for sure. Selina maybe with all the weight issues. I'm interested to see if Kashara sticks around. Once your point, there's no where to go except pro bowl. Christina probably should, I don't see her making it back unless she drastically improves. 

Amy L. and Simone are both engaged, I'd be surprised if they returned, also. 

Edited by healthnut
  • Love 4

Of the veterans, I'd say Amy L., Simone, Jenna,, Jinelle, and maybe Stephanie and Chantel..  Of the rookies (who either SHOULD be cut or are going to retire): Alexandria, Christina Savannah and Tara. 

Jenna SHOULD be thinking about what she's going to be doing post-DCC because she's likely been counseled against returning, especially due to what's happened the past year (and what's rumored to have happened the year before). 

Christina is probably the most obvious one-and-done and, though we could be surprised with her making the squad for a second year, I really doubt she will with her kicks, splits, timing issues and mistakes.  I haven't seen more photographs of her in the kickline/split jumps, but is she still WAY off in her timing?  That will likely be a factor because she wouldn't have shown improvement and her actions could cause injury depending on how bad her timing is. 

Alexandria just bought a house with her boyfriend and, if she stays in Dallas, I'd be concerned about her because that's just not cool to say "I bought a house" then run off to not just another city, but another state halfway across the country and leave it for someone else to pay for (if the house isn't paid for outright).

I could probably think of other things, but it's too early and I haven't had my caffeine yet.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1

I do believe that Alexandria is already "retired"... family issues.  

Also, what is up with Kalyssa in the bunny costume at the Maxim Halloween bash.  She is with skeevy Bachelor guy.  She is beautiful, but I really don't need to see that much skin.  

• Love 2

I think Jenna & Jinlle are a sure thing. I think Cerstan implied that she would retire after this year bec she's going to medical school. Selena might retire due to weight issues. I think Simone & khlyan might retire due to injuries. 

Do you guys ever wonder what would happen if no vets decide to retire or only a couple of them do what would happen ?

I always thought it would be a massacre at finals to make space for TCCs just for the sake of the show. 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2

Who I HOPE retire because I just don’t like them: Christina, Jenna, Jessika, Savannah, Selina, Simone, Yuko. 

I hope Amy L and Cersten stay, but it’s likely they’ll move on for marriage and school. It would just really break my heart. They deserve more shine! 

I think the standard 10-12 ish girls won’t be back because of retiring or being cut. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BCrabby said:

I do believe that Alexandria is already "retired"... family issues.  

Also, what is up with Kalyssa in the bunny costume at the Maxim Halloween bash.  She is with skeevy Bachelor guy.  She is beautiful, but I really don't need to see that much skin.  

So are you saying Alexandria just made the team and then abruptly retired? 

Long time lurker ... first time poster.

If Alexandria retired/quit and Khalyn has a serious injury does that mean that Thunderstruck will have Jenn K and Emma in it for the rest of the games? Maybe with Jessica or Danielle or Amy T available due to other injuries. Or do you think Judy will reset the choreography with 34?

4 minutes ago, CD123 said:

Long time lurker ... first time poster.

If Alexandria retired/quit and Khalyn has a serious injury does that mean that Thunderstruck will have Jenn K and Emma in it for the rest of the games? Maybe with Jessica or Danielle or Amy T available due to other injuries. Or do you think Judy will reset the choreography with 34?

No telling, one poster said Khalyns injury was serious but not sure what it even is. Simone has been injured off and on for awhile too, and if Alexandria did have to return home (she’s been at every game so far that we know of) then it might be more practical to reblock for 34 at this point. 

16 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

I know it's early but who you think is going to retire this year? :(

Based on the discussion above I would be certain of only six retirements, Amy L. (married and running a business), Cersten (for medical school), Jenna (because she's put in her time), Jinelle (ditto), Khalyn (because of injuries), and Simone (married and injuries).  If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year then I anticipate that many more of the women will want to leave on that high note and retire.  I recognize that Alexandria had to depart for personal reasons, and I admire her putting family first, but this has certainly been a dysfunctional start to the training camp/season for many unexpected reasons.  Finally, I like Kalyssa's personality and ability, but I worry a  bit about her maturity.  Her Instagram and socializing, as reported on here, make me wonder if she will drift toward the self-absorbed, without the grounding that family has given someone like Tasha.     

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

No telling, one poster said Khalyns injury was serious but not sure what it even is. Simone has been injured off and on for awhile too, and if Alexandria did have to return home (she’s been at every game so far that we know of) then it might be more practical to reblock for 34 at this point. 

I follow Khalyn on Instagram and saw she was on crutches and doing rehab. It was in her story maybe a week ago.

8 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Jinelle, Jenna, Jessika, Selina, Stephanie, Simone.

Good call plus Khalyn (I might cry), Tasha, maybe Kashara and Lacey (crying again).   Not Jessika but I wish.

Kat - oops I mean Christina = cut. Maybe Keyra. They liked her being a little sis to Jacie, Cersten, Khalyn but she is too stocky.

Don't think Gina is going anywhere but I wouldn't miss her.

• Love 3
On 10/24/2017 at 3:07 AM, SimplePleasures said:

Keyra is too muscular and she reminds me of Vivian.  Vivian was too muscular as well and didn't have the DCC "look".  It's been awhile and other than Vivian's Tinman solo for Kitty in her first training camp, I don't remember much of Vivian's dance abilities.

Vivian is a lot bigger than muscular here

• Love 2