Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Which came first - Erica's injury or group leaders being named? From what I've read here, it seems to be an existing injury, but I'm assuming there was an aggravation of some sort. 

I really find the twitter thing to be weird. At this point, they have announced the new team and are in the preseason, and Erica/Holly are clearly no longer on it. Why not release their accounts. Seems petty. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Which came first - Erica's injury or group leaders being named? From what I've read here, it seems to be an existing injury, but I'm assuming there was an aggravation of some sort. 

I really find the twitter thing to be weird. At this point, they have announced the new team and are in the preseason, and Erica/Holly are clearly no longer on it. Why not release their accounts. Seems petty. 

I think the twitter thing could really be as simple as them not being all that impressive in handling their social media.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I think the twitter thing could really be as simple as them not being all that impressive in handling their social media.

I think the twitter thing IS them not being impressive in how they handle their social media.  That's the only reason I could think of Kelsey B still having her DCC Twitter handle.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

Like in my mind the only person who can change the twitter handle was some intern who went back to college last weekend.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, bunny said:

Haha to me that is actually so funny and kind of cute. She was clearly incredibly excited to be making her debut as a DCC and was feeling herself, and I can't say I blame her. ?

kalyssa did the hairflip the ENTIRE time through the tunnel 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, California Girl said:

I believe I have seen the offending filter (I assume these are SM filters and not costumes) used previously in another DCC's (now retired) Instagram post of her group sometime in the recent past (last 2-3 years).  But I may be recalling that incorrectly.  (Instagram, seriously?  Why does a major social media company keep around a filter that they know some people find culturally insensitive?!?)

However the long knives are clearly out today for a DCC favorite who has recently been promoted to a more prominent position.  Wonder why?  Now I am not saying that the criticism is without merit (though I did flag one post as potentially damaging to a person's reputation for labeling them something), but I am always curious when an account is opened to launch such an incendiary 'fireball'.  

As for the DCC in question, we all make mistakes of judgment, sometimes big ones, and it is how we learn from those mistakes that is important.  Hold your head up, and hold yourself to a high standard.  

I don't understand what you are trying to say....

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

kalyssa did the hairflip the ENTIRE time through the tunnel 

Well I'm sure if it becomes an issue then K & J will sort it out. *shrug*

I am 100% Kelli and Judy will talk to Kalyssa about her hair flips if it's something they hate and I have no doubt she'll be receptive.  I've heard nothing but the best things about Kalyssa as a dancer and a person. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Actually Holly's post definitely reads like she left to take up a much better opportunity. And it does read like Erica is going to follow her. Plus Erica's comment doesn't make much sense in the context of "Holly was kicked off the team for underage drinking".

I think Holly's post was intentionally vague to let everyone know that she's so happy, with her bestie (of the week), and she's moving on to bigger and better, without actually specifying anything. Good damage control Holly!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Actually Holly's post definitely reads like she left to take up a much better opportunity. And it does read like Erica is going to follow her. 

As long as they don't end up on that random USA Cheerleaders team with Hannah, Paige, Jackie Bob, etc.  

IIRC, Erica's issues were back related, and the jump split has to be absolutely intolerable.  I worry about some of these girls with their tricks and causing permanent damage.  I made the same face Kitty did when Kelly Popcorn was doing her thing - I was like, GIRL.  No wonder you have support on your knees if you're doing crazy stuff like that!

• Love 4

Yes but all we know about these girls is the little things we get from the show, plus maybe some inside info. So we shouldn't be praising anyone either because we don't really know if they are as nice as we think they are? We are also taking for granted that Holly is only hanging out with people she can use and that she left the team because she can't take criticism and punishment. That's not fair to Holly either.

Personally I can't wait for Kalyssa and the other rookies to win me over, but we all have our favorites and not-so-favorites and if we can't discuss them, there's no fun in being  here.

• Love 5

Erica's departure is fascinating - she was just posting about the HOF game two weeks ago, so what happened after that - I hope we find out. She always seemed like a no drama girl too.  

Kalyssa, good grief. Maybe it's in the editing for tv but girl is far too pleased with herself and is very annoying. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Erica's departure is fascinating - she was just posting about the HOF game two weeks ago, so what happened after that - I hope we find out. She always seemed like a no drama girl too.  

Kalyssa, good grief. Maybe it's in the editing for tv but girl is far too pleased with herself and is very annoying. 

I agree, but I swear someone used to post last year about how she was a actual a total mean girl.

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Actually Holly's post definitely reads like she left to take up a much better opportunity. And it does read like Erica is going to follow her. Plus Erica's comment doesn't make much sense in the context of "Holly was kicked off the team for underage drinking".

What do you think the "bigger and better" things are likely to be? xx

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

As long as they don't end up on that random USA Cheerleaders team with Hannah, Paige, Jackie Bob, etc.

...you forgot Emily and Kat.  I saw a video of the USA Cheerleaders and Emily still cannot keep up with the choreography.

• Love 1

So here's a random thought/question... i just rewatched episode 3 again and noticed something Charlotte said...  she made a comment about the women being great performers  and poise etc and then said something about who these ladies are off the field is a big deal....  or something to that effect. - she sometimes speaks in word salad to me.  But the gist is, she made a point of speaking to their lives off the field.  

Made me wonder if they refilmed her comments - she's wearing a different color outfit.... seems a bit like foreshadowing how they will handle the Holly situation.  Anyone else notice that?

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

Is she talking about her boobs?  

That has to be, otherwise it implies both woman are DCCs.  

1 minute ago, ahndreeeah said:

Made me wonder if they refilmed her comments - she's wearing a different color outfit.... seems a bit like foreshadowing how they will handle the Holly situation.  Anyone else notice that?

Yeah, I actually did notice it but forgot until you brought it up!  I wondered the same thing about foreshadowing.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ahndreeeah said:

So here's a random thought/question... i just rewatched episode 3 again and noticed something Charlotte said...  she made a comment about the women being great performers  and poise etc and then said something about who these ladies are off the field is a big deal....  or something to that effect. - she sometimes speaks in word salad to me.  But the gist is, she made a point of speaking to their lives off the field.  

Yes, I noticed that too! As someone who reads these message boards, I definitely thought it was foreshadowing. The average viewer would probably have no clue though!

• Love 3

I'm sure this has been discussed but maybe Holly tried to get the boob flash blocked and Kelli was adamant about showing it.  Didn't that one gal in season 5 have her lawyers block her cut?  I bet verbiage in their contracts now state any thing can be shown, good or bad. Maybe she felt betrayed and left.  I hope they air al this dirty laundry!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Maybe Erica bought beer for Holly or they failed a drug test.  Of course these girls seem sweet ion the show, but it's reality tv.  I'm hoping they show all the drama.  This show has been too stale for too long and this would help. 

Whatever Erica did, it was bad.  If she simply left because of an injury, they would've addressed immediately.  She was kicked off.  

ohhh. I didn't think of that.. and being part of a nfl club, they would have access to the very good  drug tests.

Edited by sATL

Just watched the video of the kick line from the game. I was really pulling for Christina, but her kicks are definitely not DCC worthy, and the jump split

was obvious. I was so hoping Brennan would have made it this year. Now she as incredible kicks!!! Same with Katelyn (sp?) from LSU. She was an all

around great dancer and kicker. All she needed was a makeover to make her look like a DCC. 

• Love 2

Who is second from the right? Ugh I still hate these track suits.  They are so unflattering.  I don't know if it's just bad angles, but they are making 2 of these ladies look extra wide when we know they aren't! 

• Love 1

I don't know if Christina still has problems with her kicks or not but it is common for everyone to be at different stages of landing when doing the jumpsplit. I think it was just luck that everyone around her was still up in the air.

b320ebbe4363c70fd8d30d4e3fd942dc.jpg

• Love 4
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh gosh, she'd have to be really REALLY desperate to go that route. It's the "We Cheer for (gluten free, sugar free) Cookies" squad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

I don't know if Christina still has problems with her kicks or not but it is common for everyone to be at different stages of landing when doing the jumpsplit. I think it was just luck that everyone around her was still up in the air.

Or that she was rushing the choreography. I've always been a Christina fan, but now I can just picture Judy pacing back and forth in front of her with a yardstick in her hand shouting JUMP, JUMP JUMP at Christina as the girl does the jump splits over and over, lol. I hope her GL works with her to get her stuff together FAST or she's going to be a one and done. 

Edited by Java
  • Love 3

I feel as if the wardrobe malfunction was so important to fight over, we would have seen more of discussion about it deliberations.  If anything, it shows hollys complete professionalism.  Her face was shining with confidence in that kick line. And Kelli was incredibly gracious in discussing her. I cannot imagin that Holly would be so incensed about showing the blurred top that she would quit...but who knows.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I feel as if the wardrobe malfunction was so important to fight over, we would have seen more of discussion about it deliberations.  If anything, it shows hollys complete professionalism.  Her face was shining with confidence in that kick line. And Kelli was incredibly gracious in discussing her. I cannot imagin that Holly would be so incensed about showing the blurred top that she would quit...but who knows.

What I did notice was that two vets came up to her after she left the stage, but Holly brushed them off... Then the next scene is Holly with Kitty. The reason this made such a notice with me is I remember the audition with Danielle, right after she has cut her foot up badly in a practice for finals. When Danielle left the stage, she was mobbed with other vets in support.. That struck me as a big difference in how received...

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

What I did notice was that two vets came up to her after she left the stage, but Holly brushed them off... Then the next scene is Holly with Kitty. The reason this made such a notice with me is I remember the audition with Danielle, right after she has cut her foot up badly in a practice for finals. When Danielle left the stage, she was mobbed with other vets in support.. That struck me as a big difference in how received...

Honestly that could come down to what's filmed at that moment though. There was literally seconds shown and then a cut to her hugged by Kitty.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Honestly that could come down to what's filmed at that moment though. There was literally seconds shown and then a cut to her hugged by Kitty.

Very true, as it was shown just the blip of the initial responses.