Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Tell All, Part 2

• Start Topic

The Brown Family sits down to discuss this season's celebrations, confessions and best moments, from weddings, to catfishing, to stories of coming out.

Thank Sweet Baby Cheezus, this season is finally over. It's another two hour episode, so probably one hour of Tell-Nothing and one hour of clips. They couldn't even be bothered to write a different episode description for tonight. To TLC- why did you feel the need to torture us with two hour episodes of boring new stuff PLUS an hour of a clip show of crap we have seen eleventy billion times before (and didn't care about the first time we saw it)? Are you trying to drive us away? To the Brown Family Clowns- just.shut.up.already. Please. All of you. To my fellow PTVers who were able to watch this crapfest this season- thanks for helping. To those who couldn't- I envy you.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Are you trying to drive us away?

That ship sailed for me after the first season. I get everything I need from the PTV brave souls who can watch without vomiting.

• Love 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I get everything I need from the PTV brave souls who can watch without vomiting.

Alcohol. Lots of alcohol. And DVR. Plus something to divert my attention a bit, like my cat or the computer.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I get everything I need from the PTV brave souls who can watch without vomiting.

I watch because for me I want to see the body language when they say what they say.  Very often the two don't line up.  None of them lie convincingly.  Plus being able to see facial reactions as others talk...Robyn has the best poker face these days.  Meri's face and foot gives her away in a heartbeat.

• Love 8

I'm here to see their reactions to being asked if Kody is taking Robyn's niece for his fifth wife. Silly me because even if he was thinking about it we know the question will be met with faux surprise, (self)righteous indignation, loud forced laughter, and an underlying smugness that we foolish monogamists don't understand the wonders of polygamy.

• Love 4

To Kody and Meri -- "Why did you two fall in love in the first place?"

He won't cross a burning bridge for Meri.  I feel so bad for Meri right now.  Robyn has to step in to tell him how to answer.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 20
Just now, leighroda said:

Kody is such a douche... he would actually consider not saving Meri from a burning bridge!? If that doesn't tell Meri where she stands I don't know what will. 

I got the sense that he was thinking the effort wouldn't be worth it if he thought there was a chance his hair might get messed up in the process.

• Love 14

Kody looks deranged and controlling.

If I was a lesser wife (a non-Robyn wife), I would be afraid of him.

Also, Meri looks like she is just barely holding it all together.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Kody looks deranged and controlling.

If I was a lesser wife (a non-Robyn wife), I would be afraid of him.

Also, Meri looks like she is just barely holding it all together.

Oh he is controlling.  I pegged it from years ago, having been in a relationship (mono) with a controller.  His thousand yard stare, his body language, his announcements during the show. He is a PIG.  Those wives have to keep sweet or else, which explains Christine amd Janelle.  Meri is over it. Robyn is as much a controller but behind closed doors, she plays the game.  She came into the relationship as s "strong" personality but she is learning the truth, as evidenced by her appearance and aura.  She too is owned. Meri if you are reading this GET OUT!!!!  Life is much better outside of this.  No one needs to be put down and controlled.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 8

I admired Kody’s honesty when he said that Meri leaving would have a greater effect on his ego than it would his emotions.  Obviously, it's been over between them for a while; but they'll never admit it. 

It amazes me when Robyn tells Kody how he feels or what he means when he says something.  Clearly, she is a mind reader.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I admired Kody’s honesty when he said that Meri leaving would have a greater effect on his ego than it would his emotions.  Obviously, it's been over between them for a while; but they'll never admit it. 

It amazes me when Robyn tells Kody how he feels or what he means when he says something.  Clearly, she is a mind reader.

I know what Robyn' s spin off show will be-Cuddle Sack Medium.  As Adeejay mentioned above, she is clearly a mind reader.

• Love 3

Robyn reads the boards - as evidenced by her use of "Sobbin' Robyn".

Maddie looked way, way farther along than three months.  Maybe after the stress of the wedding she's happy and content and they're eating a lot.  Something's going on with her hair.  She does not have pregnancy hair.  She looks post-partum, when hormones drop and hair starts thinning out.

Aspyn - Keep doing your thing, girl.  Let the younger sisters keep getting married, while you work on your education and being a sorority sister.  You've already raised five-plus children, give your younger sisters a good single role model.  Mariah can help with that.

• Love 16

This was the first time I’ve seen Kody and Christine holding hands.  She looks fantastic.  I was surprised to hear her say that things are looking up, and now she has hope, whereas she didn’t before. I guess her tagline “I wanted sister wives; I didn’t just want the man” is an alternative fact. Interestingly, now that Meri is no longer the legal wife, Janelle and Christine appear happier and more content. 

• Love 4

Watching this tonight. I didn't notice in the original airing how pissed Kody looked when Mariah told the family she is gay. I mean if the camara wasn't there I think he would have thrown her out. 

Scary

27 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

, now that Meri is no longer the legal wife, Janelle and Christine appear happier and more content. 

She can't hold it over anyone's head, and the other wives know it

• Love 3

My 14-y-o came into the room while I was watching this crap. They were talking catfish AGAIN. My son said, geez, how many timesare you gonna watch this ? No, child, this is a new episode, they just constantly rehash the same stuff over and over.

Kody was such a %_='head about the burning building. Seriously. Of course, Sobbyn has to step in to tell him how he feels but at least in this situation, I think she did it to spare Meri's feelings and maybe move the conversation along, on to another subject. 

Kody never sits near Christine. When the 5 of them are together on one (probably sagging) couch, it's usually SobbYn and Janelle surrounding His Highness.

• Love 4

As much as I was "rilly" ready to be left on a burning bridge...rather than listen to them talk about it...I enjoyed  the part when Robyn was wacking Kody in the arm (like he was a piñata) as he was giving her a flaming  side eye glare.

All Sobbin' Robyn needed was a stick. Nothing sweet is about to fall out of Kody tho...

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 5

I really hope Meri can find a way to leave this rotten man. They all should leave, but only Meri and possible Robyn would do it. He threw Meri away when Robyn showed up, and Robyn knows it too. I also don't see anything between him and Christine. Maybe she thinks they are "hot" again, but considering he said he was never attracted to her, and the way her looks so annoyed when she speaks, I don't think so at all. I don't think he cares about Janelle either, but tolerates her because she really loves him and doesn't give him any grief. I couldn't watch all of this, it makes me sick that a woman who has been Kody's wife for over 20 years should be treated like dirt right on camera. And I don't care if people say she brought it on herself-I don't agree. She was a nineteen year old that fell in love with a narcissistic man  who devotes his life to grifting and finding women who 'adore and respect him". 

• Love 15

Robin actually said it! Funny. 

So. . . I thought they added a wife whenever God laid it on their hearts or whatever organ is really involved. So how can they be so sure there won't be a Number Five, HMMMM? Do they actually mean they would defy God's calling? Shocking!

• Love 4

Robyn made me lol when she said she'd call her show Sobbin' Robyn.  Girlfriend clearly reads what people say about her online.

I wish the Tell All would just be the older kids.  Love their sections.  Am constantly impressed with Logan, it can't be said enough that he is the real man of that family.  And Aspyn is just gorgeous.

Kody hates Meri, they can spout their family bullshit all they want.  No one is buying it.  And she knows it too, the look on her face during this Tell All spoke volumes.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, GleamingMist said:

I wish the Tell All would just be the older kids.  Love their sections.  Am constantly impressed with Logan, it can't be said enough that he is the real man of that family.  And Aspyn is just gorgeous.

I was watching Mykelti's face. She is completely over this family. She's not getting the attention she thinks she deserves. Damn that Mariah with her announcement and Maddie with hers. She can never have her shining moment! 

Christine with her whispery voice. I just can't with her. She's so damn phony. Am I the only one that see's that? She's playing the game with wanting a genuine friendship with Robin only because she knows that will get her in good with Kody again. 

Meri, get the eff out of there! Go back to Delonega, Ga. and start a new life. You loved it there, you said so yourself. It's so green! Yes, Meri. It rains in Ga. Unlike the dry desert of Vegas. And you have a catfish friend there. You both can talk about it together all the time. You might even decide that you like wine.  Start saving up your TLC money now for the great escape. Of course, wait till the show is cancelled first. 

• Love 5

Oh, Kory and Meri. I have the feeling Meridian rarely interacts with the family and I'd love to know how often he stays at her house, if at all. I also want to know if he still rotates on a schedule or stays in one place. I'd like to know how often the whole family spends time together. How often he interacts with each wife. Does he see them daily? Call them daily? Does he see all his kids each day? 

That's the polygamy stuff I'm interested in. Not chronic victim Meri. She reminds me of my mother in law. Always a victim to everyone. Merit cheats on her husband and she's the victim. She tells her husband she doesn't want him around and when he doesn't come around, she's the victim. Her daughter is gay, it's all about her. The whole family dynamic is all about her. They go into polygamy and she can't get along with her sister wife Janelle and it's all about her. 

This was the Meri and Mariah show this season and I didn't care for it. They are both attention seekers. If it weren't for her siblings testimony about her, I'd think the whole, I'm gay thing were a way to get some attention because her mom was catfished and her sisters were getting married and last season we didn't even see her. But, the siblings seem to believe her and so I believe her, thought I'd be lying if I didn't say I could see her as a plural wife in about 10 years going around telling people how she went down a different path but came back to the truth. 

I did enjoy the honesty, I felt the were more open and answered some good questions this tell all. I like the interviewer a lot. When she asked if Meri really meant it when she told Kory to stay away and he said she told him that for months, and the interviewer was like "Oh, so you really meant it." LOL my reaction too. I thought many be she'd said it once to get him to chase her. 

Also liked the gossip questions. And Sobyn Robyn. I died. I paused it and slapped my husband and said "That's want they call her on the Internet she reads that stuff!!" Haha 

Hi, Robyn. I actually enjoy your family and your show but I'd like considerably less Meri and catfish and all the orchestrated drama that that entails. The family game show night was the best one and it was because we saw all the wives genuinely interact with Kory without all the drammmaamaa. 

• Love 10