Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Thelma And Louise Take Flint

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, queenjen said:

Kenya duck walking was so inappropriate and embarrassing and uncomfortable. Earlier in the episode, when she was 'camping' with Phaedra (dollars to donuts she was in a hotel, she got out of bed fully clothed) and screaming "I'm Miss USA!!!" at kids from a golf cart and trying to make 'twirl' happen on stage to a bunch of underprivileged kids with Phaedra grimacing on the sidelines, I thought 'this woman is deeply socially awkward'. She is. Kenya can't handle herself socially.

All of this.  Everything about her is so forced---you just know she sits up nights planning her next Talking Head and they're never organically funny.  And that gold, draggy TH look?  No bueno.  

• Love 17

See, this is why I have such a problem with Kenya because she is "that girl" who will push you to your limit just to see how far you will go

Kenya did was she does best, provoke people hoping to get a reaction out of them so she can play the victim. It was one thing to bring up the whole issue of Porsha's anger management (and even if Kenya heard that Porsha wanted to discuss it with all of them, Porsha should have been the one to begin the discussion on her own terms, not you, Kenya), it was another to chase after Porsha when she clearly does not. Want. To. Talk. To. You.

Kenya was probably hoping to provoke Porsha into instigating a fist fight so she could play the victim. I'm glad Porsha didn't give her the satisfaction.

Phaedra also needs to remember who Kenya is. She is a manipulator and likes to start shit up. Phaedra really needs to be careful what she reveals to Kenya, because you know Kenya will be filing all of it away to use at a later date.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I agree with you about Kenya being in denial.  But I think its very sad, and I think its that sort of reasoning.....this idea that a woman is somehow "at fault" for an abusive relationship...that will keep her from telling anyone when he does hit her.  Society does tend to judge women for staying in these relationships, even if our judgment is with their best interest at heart.  

Being a woman does not absolve Kenya from her treacherous ways, whether they involve a man or a woman. At the minimum, Kenya is emotionally abusing and/or bullying Porsha. 

I think the only thing Porsha can do is kiss Kenya's feet, and then the next time Kenya pisses her off, torch her car. Kenya can appreciate property damage.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

Kenya did was she does best, provoke people hoping to get a reaction out of them so she can play the victim. It was one thing to bring up the whole issue of Porsha's anger management (and even if Kenya heard that Porsha wanted to discuss it with all of them, Porsha should have been the one to begin the discussion on her own terms, not you, Kenya), it was another to chase after Porsha when she clearly does not. Want. To. Talk. To. You.

Kenya was probably hoping to provoke Porsha into instigating a fist fight so she could play the victim. I'm glad Porsha didn't give her the satisfaction.

Phaedra also needs to remember who Kenya is. She is a manipulator and likes to start shit up. Phaedra really needs to be careful what she reveals to Kenya, because you know Kenya will be filing all of it away to use at a later date.

I think ideally Porsha would have been the one to start the conversation.  However, if they are talking about the possibility of doing a glamping trip, and Kenya's concerns about Porshas potential anger might impact her decision to go or not go then I could see why she would want to make it a point to discuss it, even if she brought it up.

I agree that chasing after Porsha was not a good look by any stretch of the imagination.  Especially when multiple people have told you not to do it.

I think they all need to remember who everyone is.  Phaedra has spilled Kandi's beans.  Kandi has spilled Phaedra's beans.  Phaedra spilled Porsha's beans.  Porsha probably left her beans at home.  

Truly, the person who breached Porsha's confidence was Phaedra.  And then she added in the stuff about Porsha wanting to talk about her anger management. THAT should concern Porsha.  She doesn't have a trusting relationship with Kenya, but she does with Phaedra, and apparently Phaedra not only told her business, but also made it seem like she wanted to talk about it with everyone.

• Love 6

Kenya, of course, was provoking Porsha. Just like all the ladies provoke each other. Nothing new there.  But when Kenya asked Porsha if she got a certificate for completing anger management, I damn well spit out my sweet tea LOL.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Being a woman does not absolve Kenya from her treacherous ways, whether they involve a man or a woman. At the minimum, Kenya is emotionally abusing and/or bullying Porsha. 

I think the only thing Porsha can do is kiss Kenya's feet, and then the next time Kenya pisses her off, torch her car. Kenya can appreciate property damage.

Emotional abuse because she asked her if she was in anger management?  Or if she was on medication?  or didn't bow down when Porsha started going off?

I don't know about that, I think emotional abuse requires some relationship that Kenya and Porsha do not have. 

I think maybe running after her is an asshole move, but I wouldn't call it abusive or bullying.

Porsha can set her car on fire and probably wouldn't mind, we have seen that Porsha has no problem breaking the law but has a hard time using her words so property damage may be her best bet to avoid jail time.

As I said, objectively, Porsha has a bright future.  She has been on Dish Nation, she is on CA, she is young and glamorous.  As much as I don't like Porsha, I can admit she is good on Dish Nation.  She may want to distance herself from RHOA since it IS a show with high pressure situations and she has a violent temper.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Emotional abuse because she asked her if she was in anger management?  Or if she was on medication?  or didn't bow down when Porsha started going off?

I don't know about that, I think emotional abuse requires some relationship that Kenya and Porsha do not have. 

I think maybe running after her is an asshole move, but I wouldn't call it abusive or bullying.

Porsha can set her car on fire and probably wouldn't mind, we have seen that Porsha has no problem breaking the law but has a hard time using her words so property damage may be her best bet to avoid jail time.

As I said, objectively, Porsha has a bright future.  She has been on Dish Nation, she is on CA, she is young and glamorous.  As much as I don't like Porsha, I can admit she is good on Dish Nation.  She may want to distance herself from RHOA since it IS a show with high pressure situations and she has a violent temper.

Well that's what Kenya keeps telling us. She has no blame for anything. So I guess she will continue to be in deathly fear of Porsha (who she keeps chasing and insulting) and perfectly comfortable with Matt expertly painting her cameras and breaking windows. Cause she can bury him, you know.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Well that's what Kenya keeps telling us. She has no blame for anything. So I guess she will continue to be in deathly fear of Porsha (who she keeps chasing and insulting) and perfectly comfortable with Matt expertly painting her cameras and breaking windows. Cause she can bury him, you know.

I think Kenya has taken on blame for her relationship with Matt.  She has said that she wasn't nice to him at first, and that she got upset with him.  

However, I don't think she bares the blame for him being violent.  I don't think she bares the blame for anyone being violent.  I mean, think of all the real provocation people have endured over the years, and these people maintained their composure.  If those people, everyday people, can be nonviolent in the face of far worse than anything Porsha has had to deal with....than its not unreasonable to expect her to not be violent in the face of words/pointing.

I don't think she is "perfectly comfortable" with Matt since she cancelled his ticket to an event and didn't even want to talk to him unless a camera crew was around.  But I also think its a mistake to compare Kenya v. Porsha to Kenya v. Matt since abusive relationships are more complex and have more layers.

These shows strive on putting these women in high stress situations, especially with each other.  They are encouraged to fight, bicker, and "provoke" each other.  The only one who has responded to that provocation with a violent attack is Porsha.   I wouldn't want to go on a vacation with someone I had to walk on eggshells around, especially if I'm being paid to not do that.  Or that if a stressful situation came up, that person may become violent.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3

We all know how production plays fast and loose (very, very loose) with when things actually happened.... couldn't they have had the focus be on the kids at camp, Kenya and Phaedra's trip.... without all the strife in another scene? How about some goofy scenes of the women having fun doing something instead of fighting??

Would we all watch a show like that?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Because Kenya was explicitly told that Porsha wanted to talk about it.

The Escape Room was an activity, which wouldn't seem like the right place to have such a conversation.  While you're trying to figure out what clues you need to get out of there or whatever.  It seems like everyone left afterwards with the exception of Sheree and Kenya so there wasn't really a chance for them all to sit down and talk.

No matter why it was brought up, the fact remains that Phaedra added in that Porsha wanted to tell everyone about it.  Without really needing to do so.  She needed only to say that Porsha was in anger management and that it wouldn't be a problem.  And frankly, I think that would have been saying too much. But she made sure to tell Kenya that Porsha wanted to tell all the girls about it, and so I could see where it sounds legit.

Given Porsha's behavior, I don't think she is in anger management either.  They can give you medication for mood swings.

If Kenya has any concerns about Porsha being on the trip, I don't think it has anything to do with Phaedra.  As far as I know, for purposes of the show, Kenya is still in good with Cynthia, and Kandi (by default).  Porsha has a history of violence, and even worse...unrepentant violence.  She never thinks she is wrong for her behavior, and I'm sure every single incident of Porsha's violent behavior was "provoked" by someone else, and she was never, ever at fault.  I'm not sure I would want to be around someone like that in a high stress situation....which is exactly what these "vacations" turn into.

What mood swings? What I saw was Porshe yanking that stupid septor out of Kenya's hand when she put it too close to her face. I saw Cynthia kick her and push at her when she tried to apologize. I saw women gang up on her about something personal, a thing they say is a flaw, at a dinner where she went to ki ki with the girls. I'm probably one of the most non-confrontational people I know and I would have reacted the same. Only Mini-Joyce would have gotten told. Catch me at the wrong time and my nice sweet disposition goes out the window. Predators and mean girls take niceness for weakness.

• Love 11

My take on this episode:  Thelma is f**ked up and Louise better watch her back

The trip to the campsite was so rehearsed and contrived that I wanted to bust out the tv,  Where did they get the caddy and why did they need to reinact an 80’s movie scene.

Kenya complaining about a bed at at campsite was so diva-esk.  I know in her 45 years she has seen camping facilities even if it was on TV.  As for the purpose of the trip. I loved it all. I like seeing people use their celeb status to help the community.  Whatever you say about Phaedra, she constantly gives back and yes, she did the camp again this year for a winter indoor stint.

Hearing the stories of these kids brought a tear to my eye.  However, the twirling lessons…….

Cynthia, I felt was trying to be less of a burden to Kandi but I felt Kandi was a little slighted that Cynthia brought her own snacks and cereal.  I was glad she indeed did get her new home.

I actually understood where Porsha was coming from when she was so perturbed with Todd2.  Her original plan was to use him as a sperm donor and not get into a relationship.  However, he convinced her to give it a try which right now she in doing so many things she really don’t have time for a full relationship due to her work schedules.  When he told her he left his job for her, that was an additional  burden on her because now she must feel responsible for his losing or quitting his very important job.  She felt more secure in that he didn’t have to depend on her or that she didn’t feel obligated to be a full time girlfriend to him. 

Now she feels she has to accommodate him in a way she was not prepared to do at such an early stage of their relationship.  It appears her fears were correct as he is more demanding of her time and sort of resents her very full work schedule.  Realize, folks, she is full time on RHOA and Dish Nation, she is doing weekly commentary on Fox News, she has parts on the show, “Star” and at this time she was also a full time contestant on Celebrity Apprentence.  And on top of all that, she is running now four separate businesses as well.  And then she faints at the nail salon and he still expects her to be fully there for him.  This is probably the reason she fainted a second time on a flight which put her in the hospital.

Sheree and Bob…..nuff said.  Although it was interesting to hear about what happened in Spain which is why they were at each others throats during that time

And then the obligatory dinner from hell where all the women are forced to sit together so one of them can be to target du jeur.   Kenya;  just when you try to like her she smashes that feeling real fast.  There was no reason whatsoever for her to inquire about Porsha’s “private” sessions with anger management therapy.  I do believe she has been attending and has learned not to allow constant triggers like this crap to push her over the edge.  Kenya tried to bait Porsha at her housewarming party but did not get the reaction she wanted.  So now, she decided to punk Porsha by demanding she tell her about her therapy.  Porsha rightfully did not and should not have to give any information out about something so personal.  Especially right after coming of an illness induced by stress.

Kenya was hoping for old Porsha going off and possibly getting physical so Kenya could have a story line.  Porsha didn’t take the bait but here is Kandi coming out of left field with her inquiries about Porsha’s mental state which Kandi has absolutely NO dog in that fight.  Yes, she was piggy-backing Kenya and no she had not right or reason to request any information about Porsha’s therapy or whether or not she was getting therapy. 

And Kenya throwing Phaedra under the bus by saying she told Kenya that Porsha was going to discuss her anger management issues at the lockup.   That is NOT what Phaedra stated.  She said Porsha was going to show them that she is handling her anger management.  Phaedra didn’t quite put it into the proper words but she did make it clear that Porsha wasn’t going to have a Q&A session about her therapy.

I applaud Porsha for leaving and for not allowing Kenya or Kandi to provoke her.  Kenya, however for the THIRD time, is running after someone trying to provoke them into a fight.  First with Nene at Cynthia’s opening party, Then with Kim Fields in Mexico, and now with Porsha.  She just cannot help herself. 

Everybody says Kandi is over it and is standing up for herself but no, she is not.  She just joined the mean girls to group dump on P&P.  Porsha, on the other hand is doing just that.  She IS over it and she IS standing up for herself.  She also called out Phaedra for even implying that she was going to give an oratory on her therapy sessions and rightfully told Phaedra to watch her back with Kenya. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

As far as I know, for purposes of the show, Kenya is still in good with Cynthia, and Kandi (by default).  Porsha has a history of violence, and even worse...unrepentant violence.  She never thinks she is wrong for her behavior, and I'm sure every single incident of Porsha's violent behavior was "provoked" by someone else, and she was never, ever at fault.  I'm not sure I would want to be around someone like that in a high stress situation....which is exactly what these "vacations" turn into.

this "history of violence is"  1.  Kenya provoking Porsha with a bullhorn and scepter during a time where Porsha is going though a bad divorce while Kenya is loudly questioning her fidelity.  2.  Getting kicked in the stomach by Cynthia when she was coerced to apologize for something only Cynthia made up in her mind and 3. An incident we really know nothing about besides rumors that Jamie was at the party with Porsha's sister's fiance.  Other than that it is Kenya who makes it constantly look like Porsha is this raging maniac running around beating up people.  And yes, Kenya thrives from provocations.  She lives for it.

• Love 14

Porsha and Todd's relationship is so weird. He showed up at dinner all ready to win her over with his grand gesture of choosing his job over her....and she's all, "Damn, what the hell did you do that for? I just wanted your sperm. I don't want you living on my couch, mooching off of my reality income!" He just got majorly downgraded. And I couldn't quite make heads or tails of what she was complaining about later, but it sounded like he tries to get her to have sex in the middle of the night and she's too tired? Am I understanding correctly. He came off kind of creepy. Porsha isn't my favorite, but if she just had a fainting episode, why are you all over her in the bed? 

It was nice to see what Phaedra did for those kids at the camp. It's a good thing she provided it for free, because after seeing my child receive "Gone With the Wind Fabulous" lessons, I'd be asking for my money back. 

Cynthia bunking at Kandi's? Contrived and boring. 

Bob trying to woo Sheree? Contrived and boring. (Isn't with someone else in real life? Like this is all for show?) And knowing that he's a major sweater, a burlesque show probably isn't the right way to go. 

Now, as to the sit down at the end. I can see both sides. IMO, Porsha is not taking full accountability for HER actions; she's being a bit dismissive. She DOES have a history of violence, and I don't think it's completely out of line for it to be addressed before going on a trip. That being said, the way it was done was not so cool. I would have felt ganged up on as well. And, this is just my opinion, but I felt Kenya was 100% deliberately trying to provoke her right then and there. That's what Kenya does best. She is a button pusher. Now, if you get physical, that's still on you. But Kenya is no innocent victim and no one will ever be able to try and convince me that she doesn't do this crap on purpose. There was zero reason for HER to follow Porsha out to the parking lot. Porsha was agitated and trying to get away from the situation. Phaedra and Sheree are her friends, it makes sense for them to go after her. Kenya was just trying to stir the pot to the point of explosion. She really needs to stop. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, announcergirl said:

What mood swings? What I saw was Porshe yanking that stupid septor out of Kenya's hand when she put it too close to her face. I saw Cynthia kick her and push at her when she tried to apologize. I saw women gang up on her about something personal, a thing they say is a flaw, at a dinner where she went to ki ki with the girls. I'm probably one of the most non-confrontational people I know and I would have reacted the same. Only Mini-Joyce would have gotten told. Catch me at the wrong time and my nice sweet disposition goes out the window. Predators and mean girls take niceness for weakness.

She didn't merely yank it out of her hand.  She physically attacked her at the reunion.  And that is after the scepter was out of her hands.  Also, from what I saw porsha was looming over Cynthia while she was sitting down and putting her hands out like she was ready to hit her.  And may have if Cynthia didn't defend herself by kicking out.

Porshas propensity for violence is more than a flaw.  Over and over porsha gets in violent conflicts.  And its unsettling for someone over the age of 20.  She is now well into her 30s, and shows no sign of understanding that she can't get violent with people.  Because, her violence is never her fault.  She is always "provoked" to it so it's not her fault.  I think that's dangerous.  

And this isn't just with kenya.  She has gotten in multiple physical alterations.  

I'm not so sold on adults who honestly think violence is an acceptable response to verbal confrontation.

If she can't deal with being caught off guard in high stress situations, reality TV may not be the right place for her.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

this "history of violence is"  1.  Kenya provoking Porsha with a bullhorn and scepter during a time where Porsha is going though a bad divorce while Kenya is loudly questioning her fidelity.  2.  Getting kicked in the stomach by Cynthia when she was coerced to apologize for something only Cynthia made up in her mind and 3. An incident we really know nothing about besides rumors that Jamie was at the party with Porsha's sister's fiance.  Other than that it is Kenya who makes it constantly look like Porsha is this raging maniac running around beating up people.  And yes, Kenya thrives from provocations.  She lives for it.

I guess its a matter of perspective.  I see

1. Kenya getting physically attacked in response to words

2. Porsha looming over Cynthia with hands in her face about 3 seconds from making contact until Cynthia kicked out to get her off of her.  I dont know how other apologies go, but generally mine dont end with my hands 2 inches from someones face and then feeling threatened enough to kick out

3. Other fights off screen

So, yeah, that is a history of violence in response to stress.  And even more important is that porsha doesn't seem willing to accept that she has done anything wrong.  Which means she will be done violently attacking someone again.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, queenjen said:

I might be in the minority on this, but what I think Phaedra was doing originally was trying to say that Porsha doing anger management is to allay everyone's fears for her safety and the safety of others. She's taking her actions in the past seriously enough to address them via therapy. That's what I think she meant by 'Porsha wants everyone to know..'. Kenya (and production) used it literally. Phaedra was reassuring Kenya (lord knows why) that Porsha's actions speak to how seriously she feels about the past. Phaedra is immediately in a shady position speaking to Kenya about Porsha anyway,  and Porsha tells her that at the end of the episode when she says she isn't my friend, it'll be a cold day in hell when I share what i'm doing with Kenya.

No, I agree with you. Phaedra has certainly been known to lie a time or two (or 200), but I felt her intentions were good in this situation. I thought she was basically trying to stick up for her friend by showing that she's TRYING to work on her issue. Yes, she probably should just not have been talking to Kenya about Porsha at all. But Kenya made it sound like Phaedra was delivering messages at Porsha's behest, and I didn't see it that way at all.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Porsha and Todd's relationship is so weird. He showed up at dinner all ready to win her over with his grand gesture of choosing his job over her....and she's all, "Damn, what the hell did you do that for? I just wanted your sperm. I don't want you living on my couch, mooching off of my reality income!" He just got majorly downgraded. And I couldn't quite make heads or tails of what she was complaining about later, but it sounded like he tries to get her to have sex in the middle of the night and she's too tired? Am I understanding correctly. He came off kind of creepy. Porsha isn't my favorite, but if she just had a fainting episode, why are you all over her in the bed? 

It was nice to see what Phaedra did for those kids at the camp. It's a good thing she provided it for free, because after seeing my child receive "Gone With the Wind Fabulous" lessons, I'd be asking for my money back. 

Cynthia bunking at Kandi's? Contrived and boring. 

Bob trying to woo Sheree? Contrived and boring. (Isn't with someone else in real life? Like this is all for show?) And knowing that he's a major sweater, a burlesque show probably isn't the right way to go. 

Now, as to the sit down at the end. I can see both sides. IMO, Porsha is not taking full accountability for HER actions; she's being a bit dismissive. She DOES have a history of violence, and I don't think it's completely out of line for it to be addressed before going on a trip. That being said, the way it was done was not so cool. I would have felt ganged up on as well. And, this is just my opinion, but I felt Kenya was 100% deliberately trying to provoke her right then and there. That's what Kenya does best. She is a button pusher. Now, if you get physical, that's still on you. But Kenya is no innocent victim and no one will ever be able to try and convince me that she doesn't do this crap on purpose. There was zero reason for HER to follow Porsha out to the parking lot. Porsha was agitated and trying to get away from the situation. Phaedra and Sheree are her friends, it makes sense for them to go after her. Kenya was just trying to stir the pot to the point of explosion. She really needs to stop. 

Yeah, the porsha/Todd relationship is odd.  He went from good looking sweet guy to kinda weird real quick.  

I think he was just taking some time off so he pokes her in the middle of the night and wants to spend time with her.

Maybe I've watched too many episodes  house of cards, but when I think of dc lobbyist I think of rich men in suits.  And i think most lobbyists are career driven and make good money.  So would a lobbyist really give up his career for....a girl he just started dating?

I'm not sure another firm would take him very seriously if he is all over instagram with a reality star.  It seems like a very discreet world.

Yeah, I was with kenya right up until she followed her out.  That's when she lost me.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

You certainly give Kenya a lot of benefit of the doubt. Is this the first time you've seen Kenya in action? Subdued approach is her MO and then she starts going in for the kill. Kenya's approach is manipulative and methodical...each and EVERY time. She always opens a conversation and fakes the intent behind it. The real intent is to continually poke and prod people to get reactions out of them and when she gets them, she jumps back and says 'what did I even do?'.

Yup. Kenya stays subdued on purpose. She loves nothing more than smiling and baiting you so that YOU will be the one to pop off and get in trouble. It's totally intentional, from where I'm sitting. It's still on you if you put your hands on someone else, but there's something really wrong with a person who delights in provoking other people like that. 

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

You certainly give Kenya a lot of benefit of the doubt. Is this the first time you've seen Kenya in action? Subdued approach is her MO and then she starts going in for the kill. Kenya's approach is manipulative and methodical...each and EVERY time. She always opens a conversation and fakes the intent behind it. The real intent is to continually poke and prod people to get reactions out of them and when she gets them, she jumps back and says 'what did I even do?'.

If Porsha saw nothing wrong with her behaviour, she wouldn't have gone to anger management. Period. Kenya doesn't automatically become absolved of blame for her part in the altercation with Porsha just because she didn't lay hands on anyone. Porsha was dead wrong for what she did, but knowing Kenya's role in all of it, it's easy to see why Porsha's pride would kick in and she would refuse to be raked over coals by Kenya of all people. There is no relationship there for her to trust that Kenya gives a shit about her and her attempts to improve herself. If Kenya really cared so much and thought Phaedra was speaking on behalf of Porsha, why wait so long and in a group setting to raise the issue? Nothing about how Kenya operates is considerate of other people and so I don't blame anyone for thinking she can't be trusted.

I've seen Kenya come at people in a far shadier and direct way.  Like the way she directly asked about kandi once dating that basketball player that another "friend of" was dating.  No subterfuge, just to the point.

This time she was pretty subdued.  She even said that they had resolved the issues.  At which time porsha launched into "you apolilogized to me!"  Because again, on porshas mind she didn't do anything wrong.  And when she is violent there is always someone else to blame. 

The easiest thing porsha  could have..should have done was to be honest.  Yes, she is in anger management and is making progress.  She doesn't think it would be a problem on the trip, but if it's a concern she need not go.  It's as simple as that.  Situation diffused and she will leave it up to the girls.  Now I got a call and I gotta run, nice catching up, bye. Bada Bing, bada boom. 

But steadily insisting she did nothing wrong shows me that she doesn't think she has an issue and she is going through the motions.

I don't know that kenya waited a long time.  This was the first time that they were altogether in a dinner style setting.  And the first time they would all be planning an overnight trip.

Kenya doesn't give a shit about porsha.  Nor should she.  Kenya cares about not getting in some physical altercation where she cant defend herself.  These trips are stressful, or they would be for me with all the in fighting.  If porshas response to stress is to be violent and claim she isn't at fault I might have a few questions before I agreed to go.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. Kenya stays subdued on purpose. She loves nothing more than smiling and baiting you so that YOU will be the one to pop off and get in trouble. It's totally intentional, from where I'm sitting. It's still on you if you put your hands on someone else, but there's something really wrong with a person who delights in provoking other people like that. 

Exactly why I was so annoyed at Porsha for putting hands on Kenya. I was more upset that she played right into Kenya's plan. There's a reason why the law recognizes provocation as a means to reduce a criminal offense.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Exactly why I was so annoyed at Porsha for putting hands on Kenya. I was more upset that she played right into Kenya's plan. There's a reason why the law recognizes provocation as a means to reduce a criminal offense.

Provocation is a way to reduce murder to voluntary manslaughter.  And as far as I know that's about it.  And adequate provocation is pretty extreme like finding your wife in bed with another man.  Not being insulted on a reality tv show.  

But the law recognizes that even when a person is so extremely provoked their violence is still a felony punishable under the law.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Provocation is a way to reduce murder to voluntary manslaughter.  And as far as I know that's about it.  And adequate provocation is pretty extreme like finding your wife in bed with another man.  Not being insulted on a reality tv show.  

But the law recognizes that even when a person is so extremely provoked their violence is still a felony punishable under the law.

Okay google search...the reference was not to be taken literally, lol. The spirit of the term is to acknowledge how certain behaviours and actions can incite reactions. Of course it doesn't absolve a person from the crime itself.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If Porsha saw nothing wrong with her behaviour, she wouldn't have gone to anger management. Period. Kenya doesn't automatically become absolved of blame for her part in the altercation with Porsha just because she didn't lay hands on anyone. Porsha was dead wrong for what she did, but knowing Kenya's role in all of it, it's easy to see why Porsha's pride would kick in and she would refuse to be raked over coals by Kenya of all people. There is no relationship there for her to trust that Kenya gives a shit about her and her attempts to improve herself. If Kenya really cared so much and thought Phaedra was speaking on behalf of Porsha, why wait so long and in a group setting to raise the issue? Nothing about how Kenya operates is considerate of other people and so I don't blame anyone for thinking she can't be trusted.

It's funny that you say that about Porsha running into the wrong person one day...isn't that what happened to Kenya? She flaps her gums and thinks that as long as she keeps it verbal and in your face, it's all good...but she ran into the wrong person who reacted with more than just words. It goes both ways.

All of this, but especially the last part. Let us not forget the entire first season where Kenya repeatedly bragged about being from Detroit and beating people's asses, including threatening a pregnant woman. That was completely beyond the pale. She also ran up on a few people and had to be held back from fighting them, including Porsha. So yeah, if anybody met the right one it was Kenya. 

• Love 14

I can kind of understand where some of the other women are coming from in regards to Porcha needing anger managment and wondering if she is actually going.

If some woman at my job was known for getting into fist fights with a lot of people, I wouldn't be afraid of her, but I sure would be very afraid it was going to get real ugly if she tried that with me.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

All of this, but especially the last part. Let us not forget the entire first season where Kenya repeatedly bragged about being from Detroit and beating people's asses, including threatening a pregnant woman. That was completely beyond the pale. She also ran up on a few people and had to be held back from fighting them, including Porsha. So yeah, if anybody met the right one it was Kenya. 

I don't think so.  People who can use their words generally don't hang around those who can't.  Different social circles, i suppose.

Porsha has to be around people who are her....contemporaries.  There are quite a few people that don't  want someone around who has the potential to be violent.  And its likely to be people with the same outlook on life that are cool with that.

So porsha would hang out around people who don't have those "boundaries" when they feel provoked.  And that is more likely to lead to her running into someone who doesn't have any boundaries and is okay getting physical too.  Which increases the chances that someone either seriously hurts her.  Or she seriously hurts someone else.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Porsha has to be around people who are her....contemporaries.  There are quite a few people that don't  want someone around who has the potential to be violent.  And its likely to be people with the same outlook on life that are cool with that.

I've learned in my fiftysomething years on this planet that anybody has the potential to be violent.  I can see Kenya punching someone in the face if she felt provoked enough.

When they were going after Porsha, after she left the restaurant, I wondered why Kenya went as well, since she's so "scared" of Porsha.  Then I realized that she had to go after Porsha because that's where the cameraman was going, and Kenya wants to always make sure she's front and center, can't blame her for that, because if you're "boring" on this show, you get a pink slip. 

• Love 16

Here's the view from my armchair psychoanalysis, judgment, wild assumption and snack center:

Porsha has led a pretty nice life -- comes from a very loving and supportive and well respected family. She has people in her corner, no matter what.

Kenya has not had any of those advantages -- she doesn't have the base, natural and deep self esteem and confidence that comes from unconditional love that Porsha was at least given (I don't know what she has or hasn't done with it, but it was there).

"From whom much is given, much will be required" and all.  Porsha seems like a nice person, but she also seems a little entitled and immature, and considering the base she started with, I expect more from her.

Kenya, while far from a model of perfect behavior, seems to have come a long way, and has done well for herself considering the psychological damage and general shittiness that was dumped on her as a kid. She's exceeded my expectations in many ways.

Overall winner: Kenya

Filed under: Highly unpopular opinions

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I've learned in my fiftysomething years on this planet that anybody has the potential to be violent.  I can see Kenya punching someone in the face if she felt provoked enough.

When they were going after Porsha, after she left the restaurant, I wondered why Kenya went as well, since she's so "scared" of Porsha.  Then I realized that she had to go after Porsha because that's where the cameraman was going, and Kenya wants to always make sure she's front and center, can't blame her for that, because if you're "boring" on this show, you get a pink slip. 

I agree.  Most of us can be pushed to violence, but I would hope that many of us...over time...learn the wisdom of walking away before we get to the point of having to hit.  And that's where a woman in her 30s should be...imo.

As for Kenya, yeah, she had me right up until she insisted on following porsha down the street. And i agree, it was likely for camera time, and I guess that's her job, but it wasn't a good look for her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

He came off kind of creepy. Porsha isn't my favorite, but if she just had a fainting episode, why are you all over her in the bed? 

So much this!  I actually thought Porscha handled it well when she was in bed after fainting and Todd kept kissing her.  I would have been screaming "get off me!   I'm sick!"    It was like he was a totally different person than we'd seen before.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

So much this!  I actually thought Porscha handled it well when she was in bed after fainting and Todd kept kissing her.  I would have been screaming "get off me!   I'm sick!"    It was like he was a totally different person than we'd seen before.

Yea, he really put me off. His body language seemed very sexual in that moment, which was weird - given the circumstances. He wasn't sitting on the side of the bed, holding her hand, stroking her hair, offering to get her anything. He just kept leaning into her and nuzzling her, as if just the image of her in BED (no matter the reason) set him off. And then when it was clear he wasn't getting any, he was out of there. 

• Love 9

I can't see Bob without feeling physically ill. He's the most disgusting man I've ever seen. I don't know how desperate a woman would have to be to hook up with that in the first place, let alone consider volunteering for another round. In short: YUCK.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Speaking of, Porsha looked gorgeous throughout this episode, both on and out of makeup. No wonder Kenya hates her.

I always thought Kenya was jealous of Porsha's beauty and the fact that she's a good 10 years younger than Kenya, who, by the way, is looking particularly old and haggard this season. She needs a fresh makeover. 

Kandi- for someone that has it all, supposedly happily married and a new baby she desperately wanted, she sure is mad at the world. So tired of her. Chill out and quit your yelling!

• Love 20

As for Kenya, yeah, she had me right up until she insisted on following porsha down the street. And i agree, it was likely for camera time, and I guess that's her job, but it wasn't a good look for her.

It was a bad look, a very bad look, but that camera time is important!

5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Kandi- for someone that has it all, supposedly happily married and a new baby she desperately wanted, she sure is mad at the world. So tired of her. Chill out and quit your yelling!

I agree.  But she, like everybody on this show, knows that if she doesn't bring any drama or "shade" she's off the show.

• Love 6

I agree.  Most of us can be pushed to violence, but I would hope that many of us...over time...learn the wisdom of walking away before we get to the point of having to hit.  And that's where a woman in her 30s should be...imo.

So then where should a woman in her 50s be when she continued (and continues) to poke the bear and follow her out of the restaurant even after she was told to leave Porsha alone?

Neither of them are angels in this situation, but at least Porsha has shown to have SOME kind of self awareness and progress as instead of staying there to listen to the women continually drag her down for trying to better herself, she got up and left.  Kenya has yet to show any of this progress.  Still the same old Kenya, doing the same old shit, slinging the same old insults and playing the same old victim.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

It was a bad look, a very bad look, but that camera time is important!

I agree.  But she, like everybody on this show, knows that if she doesn't bring any drama or "shade" she's off the show.

It is.  I heard she is the second highest paid HW on the show.  I'm sure a lot of other women would love to be paid for pot stirring and shade throwing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Here's the view from my armchair psychoanalysis, judgment, wild assumption and snack center:

Porsha has led a pretty nice life -- comes from a very loving and supportive and well respected family. She has people in her corner, no matter what.

Kenya has not had any of those advantages -- she doesn't have the base, natural and deep self esteem and confidence that comes from unconditional love that Porsha was at least given (I don't know what she has or hasn't done with it, but it was there).

"From whom much is given, much will be required" and all.  Porsha seems like a nice person, but she also seems a little entitled and immature, and considering the base she started with, I expect more from her.

Kenya, while far from a model of perfect behavior, seems to have come a long way, and has done well for herself considering the psychological damage and general shittiness that was dumped on her as a kid. She's exceeded my expectations in many ways.

Overall winner: Kenya

Filed under: Highly unpopular opinions

I kind of get this but disagree because the implication is that because someone comes from a less than privileged background, then it's okay if they act out or are physically aggressive because, hey, they had a bad home life.  What about the people who come from poverty and situations worse than Kenya's who don't act out the way she does?  Just because you didn't come from a loving, supportive family doesn't mean I give you a pass on your bad behavior. 

• Love 8

Porscha looked so gorgeous at lunch.  The rest of them looked so busted.  What has Cynthia done to her face?  Fillers that make her high cheekbones look like her face is as wide as a truck now?  She looks like a marionette.  And Sheree's hair and makeup was so wrong.  She's too old to be wearing that style and the harsh makeup.  It ages her.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

So then where should a woman in her 50s be when she continued (and continues) to poke the bear and follow her out of the restaurant even after she was told to leave Porsha alone?

Neither of them are angels in this situation, but at least Porsha has shown to have SOME kind of self awareness and progress as instead of staying there to listen to the women continually drag her down for trying to better herself, she got up and left.  Kenya has yet to show any of this progress.  Still the same old Kenya, doing the same old shit, slinging the same old insults and playing the same old victim.

I think there is a hard line at physical violence and words.  Its a hard line that I draw, its a hard line that society generally draws.

Should anyone follow anyone out of a restaurant?  No.  But is that on the same level as physical assault? No.

And for me, its not really a close call.  

I don't think Porsha has shown any self awareness if she continues to deny she is at fault for physically attacking Kenya.  No matter how "provoked" she felt by Kenya's words.  

Almost the first words out of Porsha's mouth are the same ones I heard years ago "you apologized, not me." as if by merely not apologizing she was somehow in the right.  I mean, she won't take a scintilla of accountability for her own violent behavior, so how much has she really grown?

She got up and left when Kandi told her to "piggyback her ass" up out of there, and when she saw that half the table was curious about her anger management.  She may feel empowered when she has the support of others the way she did at the reunion.  Her friend Phaedra wasn't saying much of anything to support her.  Neither was her friend Sheree.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Porscha looked so gorgeous at lunch.  The rest of them looked so busted.  What has Cynthia done to her face?  Fillers that make her high cheekbones look like her face is as wide as a truck now?  She looks like a marionette.  And Sheree's hair and makeup was so wrong.  She's too old to be wearing that style and the harsh makeup.  It ages her.  

When Porsha was sick in bed with no makeup on, she looked like a teen! She has gorgeous skin!

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Yup. Kenya kept saying, "So the anger management isn't working" - but I'd think, judging by Porsha's decision to leave the table - that something IS working. 

5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And Phaedra with the Christmas bulb choker around her neck? Just no. 

I completely agree that Sheree's look aged her! It was way too harsh for her. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm so glad you brought up Cynthia's face.  She used to be so beautiful but I can't figure out what the heck she did to her face and yes, she looks like a cross between a marionette and a wax figure; maybe bad plastic surgery?  Whatever it is, I wish she'd stop it.  Kenya's face looked busted too and yes, Sheree looked fifteen years older than she is.  They all need new stylists. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I'm so glad you brought up Cynthia's face.  She used to be so beautiful but I can't figure out what the heck she did to her face and yes, she looks like a cross between a marionette and a wax figure; maybe bad plastic surgery?  Whatever it is, I wish she'd stop it.  Kenya's face looks busted too and yes, Sheree looked fifteen years older than she is.  They all need new stylists. 

Agreed.  Cynthia did not need to mess with her face.  Perfect bone structure.  Now she looks so odd and it actually makes her look very masculine and drag queenish too in the THs where she is so made up.  

I think they all need makeup advice from Porscha.  She seems to have mastered it.  Rarely do you see her with blue eyeshadow or the glittery hideous eye shadows they wear.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think there is a hard line at physical violence and words.  Its a hard line that I draw, its a hard line that society generally draws.

Should anyone follow anyone out of a restaurant?  No.  But is that on the same level as physical assault? No.

And for me, its not really a close call.  

I don't think Porsha has shown any self awareness if she continues to deny she is at fault for physically attacking Kenya.  No matter how "provoked" she felt by Kenya's words.  

Almost the first words out of Porsha's mouth are the same ones I heard years ago "you apologized, not me." as if by merely not apologizing she was somehow in the right.  I mean, she won't take a scintilla of accountability for her own violent behavior, so how much has she really grown?

She got up and left when Kandi told her to "piggyback her ass" up out of there, and when she saw that half the table was curious about her anger management.  She may feel empowered when she has the support of others the way she did at the reunion.  Her friend Phaedra wasn't saying much of anything to support her.  Neither was her friend Sheree.

Porsha had 3 people tag teaming her about very personal issues and none of those women were coming from a place of caring/concern. They were trying to humiliate her and she knew it. Her getting up and walking away did show maturity and restraint on Porsha's end and exposed Kenya's intent to provoke her as she chased Porsha down even though Phaedra/Sheree and Porsha herself told Kenya to back off.

Oh, and Porsha got up and removed herself before she got upset, which is what she would have been told/taught to do in anger management classes. Porsha did the right thing, Kenya did the opposite.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Aging Goth said:
3 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

My take on this episode:  Thelma is f**ked up and Louise better watch her back

The trip to the campsite was so rehearsed and contrived that I wanted to bust out the tv,  Where did they get the caddy and why did they need to reinact an 80’s movie scene.

Kenya complaining about a bed at at campsite was so diva-esk.  I know in her 45 years she has seen camping facilities even if it was on TV.  As for the purpose of the trip. I loved it all. I like seeing people use their celeb status to help the community.  Whatever you say about Phaedra, she constantly gives back and yes, she did the camp again this year for a winter indoor stint.

Hearing the stories of these kids brought a tear to my eye.  However, the twirling lessons…….

Cynthia, I felt was trying to be less of a burden to Kandi but I felt Kandi was a little slighted that Cynthia brought her own snacks and cereal.  I was glad she indeed did get her new home.

I actually understood where Porsha was coming from when she was so perturbed with Todd2.  Her original plan was to use him as a sperm donor and not get into a relationship.  However, he convinced her to give it a try which right now she in doing so many things she really don’t have time for a full relationship due to her work schedules.  When he told her he left his job for her, that was an additional  burden on her because now she must feel responsible for his losing or quitting his very important job.  She felt more secure in that he didn’t have to depend on her or that she didn’t feel obligated to be a full time girlfriend to him. 

Now she feels she has to accommodate him in a way she was not prepared to do at such an early stage of their relationship.  It appears her fears were correct as he is more demanding of her time and sort of resents her very full work schedule.  Realize, folks, she is full time on RHOA and Dish Nation, she is doing weekly commentary on Fox News, she has parts on the show, “Star” and at this time she was also a full time contestant on Celebrity Apprentence.  And on top of all that, she is running now four separate businesses as well.  And then she faints at the nail salon and he still expects her to be fully there for him.  This is probably the reason she fainted a second time on a flight which put her in the hospital.

Sheree and Bob…..nuff said.  Although it was interesting to hear about what happened in Spain which is why they were at each others throats during that time

And then the obligatory dinner from hell where all the women are forced to sit together so one of them can be to target du jeur.   Kenya;  just when you try to like her she smashes that feeling real fast.  There was no reason whatsoever for her to inquire about Porsha’s “private” sessions with anger management therapy.  I do believe she has been attending and has learned not to allow constant triggers like this crap to push her over the edge.  Kenya tried to bait Porsha at her housewarming party but did not get the reaction she wanted.  So now, she decided to punk Porsha by demanding she tell her about her therapy.  Porsha rightfully did not and should not have to give any information out about something so personal.  Especially right after coming of an illness induced by stress.

Kenya was hoping for old Porsha going off and possibly getting physical so Kenya could have a story line.  Porsha didn’t take the bait but here is Kandi coming out of left field with her inquiries about Porsha’s mental state which Kandi has absolutely NO dog in that fight.  Yes, she was piggy-backing Kenya and no she had not right or reason to request any information about Porsha’s therapy or whether or not she was getting therapy. 

And Kenya throwing Phaedra under the bus by saying she told Kenya that Porsha was going to discuss her anger management issues at the lockup.   That is NOT what Phaedra stated.  She said Porsha was going to show them that she is handling her anger management.  Phaedra didn’t quite put it into the proper words but she did make it clear that Porsha wasn’t going to have a Q&A session about her therapy.

I applaud Porsha for leaving and for not allowing Kenya or Kandi to provoke her.  Kenya, however for the THIRD time, is running after someone trying to provoke them into a fight.  First with Nene at Cynthia’s opening party, Then with Kim Fields in Mexico, and now with Porsha.  She just cannot help herself. 

Everybody says Kandi is over it and is standing up for herself but no, she is not.  She just joined the mean girls to group dump on P&P.  Porsha, on the other hand is doing just that.  She IS over it and she IS standing up for herself.  She also called out Phaedra for even implying that she was going to give an oratory on her therapy sessions and rightfully told Phaedra to watch her back with Kenya. 

I agree with just about everything you've said here. Kenya is a shady motherfucker and I am so pleased with Porsha for not taking the bait and choosing instead to flee the scene. I also liked her reaction when Todd told her he quit his job.  The old Porsha might have considered that a romantic gesture, but the new Porsha was like, WTF?

Kandi has become very unpleasant and boring. Don't invite people to stay at your home if you don't really mean it. I actually think the Cynthia bit was totally producer stuff that was meant to act as filler and be funny, but she was so ungracious in her talking heads.

Phaedra's enthusiasm cracked me up when she was asking the girls about going glamping, like it would be the most fun thing in the world to take a trip to the woods with these bitches.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Porsha had 3 people tag teaming her about very personal issues and none of those women were coming from a place of caring/concern. They were trying to humiliate her and she knew it. Her getting up and walking away did show maturity and restraint on Porsha's end and exposed Kenya's intent to provoke her as she chased Porsha down even though Phaedra/Sheree and Porsha herself told Kenya to back off.

Oh, and Porsha got up and removed herself before she got upset, which is what she would have been told/taught to do in anger management classes. Porsha did the right thing, Kenya did the opposite.

None of those people should be concerned about Porsha, they should be concerned about themselves.  

I take that back, the one person who should have been concerned about her, Phaedra, pretty much set her up by telling Kenya about her anger management without letting Porsha know it came up.  And then didn't say much of anything when the shit hit the fan.

Porsha got up when Kandi made her comment.  Maybe that coincided with her really getting angry, but she seemed perfectly fine getting into it with Kenya. And she didn't have any back up like she did at the reunion.

I don't even see how anger management is that personal an issue since it was filmed for the show.  I don't even know why that would be humiliating.  A simple statement to the effect of "yes I'm in anger management, I'm making a lot of progress.  I think I'd be fine on the trip, but if it will make you feel more comfortable, I don't have to go on the trip.  I'll let you all decide and tell Phaedra.  Oh, I'm getting an important call, gotta run, it was nice catching up"

It seems like she is more humiliated by anger management than by her incidents of violence.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2

Kenya doesn't give a shit about porsha.  Nor should she.  Kenya cares about not getting in some physical altercation where she cant defend herself.  These trips are stressful, or they would be for me with all the in fighting.  If porshas response to stress is to be violent and claim she isn't at fault I might have a few questions before I agreed to go.

But Kenya and all the women have been on various trips and parties and dinners and hanging out with Porsha since the season 6 reunion beat down. Heck, didn't they also all go to Jamaica in season 8 after Porsha's altercation with Cynthia?

I'm not defending Porsha's actions, but it does seem weird that the women and Kenya are all of a sudden NOW worried about Porsha's anger issues, when they've had a couple of seasons to all put a united front, go to Andy, and tell him they don't feel safe with her, and it is either them or her

It is still deplorable when you are following that person with the intent to provoke them into starting a fist fight with you, so that you can try to exploit and manipulate the situation into victim sympathy. It may not be on the same level as physical assault, but it extremely malicious.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I kind of get this but disagree because the implication is that because someone comes from a less than privileged background, then it's okay if they act out or are physically aggressive because, hey, they had a bad home life.  What about the people who come from poverty and situations worse than Kenya's who don't act out the way she does?  Just because you didn't come from a loving, supportive family doesn't mean I give you a pass on your bad behavior. 

I absolutely agree that a lousy childhood doesn't give a pass on bad behavior. I did not mean to imply it does. Sorry for not being more clear on that. But I do think that while it doesn't excuse bad behavior, it does explain it to a degree, if that makes sense.

I think of it like a kid A with wealthy math professor parents who can not only tutor their kid but also hire tutors and send the kid to math camp, etc. vs. a kid B with poor, math-challenged parents, who can't tutor, and can't pay for any tutors.  Come exam time, I'm just going to expect that kid A is going to do better on the test. If they both get about the same mediocre to lousy grade,  I'm going to be more surprised and disappointed by kid A. 

Behavior-wise, I just expect more from Porsha and less from Kenya, given their backgrounds.  

• Love 3