Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Thelma And Louise Take Flint

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Actually Porsha was and still is very serious about having a child.  She was absolutely devastated when she miscarried while married to Kordell and actually tried to have another baby.  She even bonded with Kenya at one point regarding having a baby.  All she talked about throughout the seasons she has been on RHOA was her desire to have a child.

Then why was she so frazzled and clueless that time that she was looking after someone's child (when Kordell was still on the show) and he was upset with her for not handling the situation? I got the vibe that she was trying to have a baby to please him, and when she miscarried she knew she'd be read the riot act. And recently trying to babysit Kandi's kids.... I guess if it's your own child it's different. But I can't see Porsha with a baby. She may want one, but I don't think she'll know what to do with one. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Then why was she so frazzled and clueless that time that she was looking after someone's child (when Kordell was still on the show) and he was upset with her for not handling the situation? I got the vibe that she was trying to have a baby to please him, and when she miscarried she knew she'd be read the riot act. And recently trying to babysit Kandi's kids.... I guess if it's your own child it's different. But I can't see Porsha with a baby. She may want one, but I don't think she'll know what to do with one. 

When she miscarried, he was nowhere around.  That was one of the problems she had in her marriage.  She was upset that she lost the baby and he didn't seem to care. They even went to therapy for it but he didn't want to do that either.  even on instagram and facebook, she was talking about wanting a child.  If you see her on instagram with her neice and infant cousins, she is very motherly.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 4

This is why I liked Employed Todd2 for Porsha.  He kept emphasizing to Porsha that he wanted her to have a family, not just a baby.  It's all well and good to enjoy the occasional babysitting gig but it's something else entirely to be a parent 24/7/265.  (Just kidding...I know my girl Porsha knows it's 365.). But adding a baby to her already hectic schedule as a single mom would be less than smart. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, queenjen said:

Todd 2 has a father who is a big name in Washington and a reputation for hanging around ballers and living a 'playboy' lifestyle. Allegedly. As well as claiming welfare despite having 2 sons who are trying to be emancipated from him. It would seem likely that he is employed by his father, or for someone his father went guarantor for him with. I think you're absolutely correct, if this is all true. Allegedly his parents got sick of upkeeping Todd's boys. One of whom has a promising football career. It's the kind of thing a father would do: if you are ready to settle down and step up, I'll find you a position. But there'll be expectations.

Then Porsha pops back in and he sees the glow of the limelight and moves to Atlanta? Earlier in the season, when the scrub first popped up, he seemed to be visiting from somewhere. And it was TODD who was less enthused about Porsha's plans for impregnation. He got moved by the family spirit at dinner and declared his love for her last episode, and now he's chucked in his job to eat bon bons on her couch for life, who wouldn't be thrilled!!!?

In the past, Porsha has been accused of acquiring shoes and handbags from her various suitors. At one stage, she had a Rolls (or was it a Bentley?) that was a gift from one of these men, tho it may have been leased. Todd 2.0 (beta version) is a whole different ballgame. I think Porsha has just discovered some of his history and has realised that it will be her forking out for game tickets and swag. For life. I'm relieved to see that somewhere in her oxygen deprived brain, something is screaming 'abort! abort!'. Maybe this is what's put her in bed and brought on the vapours. She should be relieved to have averted this.

If your game is strong a la Kim Fields, Kenya will try to yank the chair you are sitting on out from under you. And if this had been anyone other than Kim that Kenya had attempted to assault, we would be hearing about it as often as Kenya references Porsha's propensity for violence. WHY does no one on this show bring this incident up? Kenya was flaky as hell right through last season. She was unprofessional and couldn't deliver on Cynthia's 'mercial and she attempted to assault Kim. Why isn't Porsha EVER hitting back at Kenya with this fact?

ps. I came back to write about how Porsha is unmeditated, but @ZaldamoWilder was faster. As usual!

I don't think Kenya saw Kim fields as a threat in any way bc Kim is short and dumpy and plain...and a beard. But yes, Kim has had more professional success in show biz. She's just not fabulous.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, WireWrap said:

This is what Porsha has that causes her to faint...... http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vasovagal-syncope/home/ovc-20184773

How do you know?

16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No, she fainted before she found out that he quit his job. He didn't tell her about that until she was home in bed, we saw him make that announcement last night. Porsha suffers from Vasovagal syncope, I posted a link to it in a post above, and she says that others in her family have it as well.

If she were pregnant, the fainting wouldn't have anything to do with him quitting his job. Pregnant women sometimes faint. Her getting mad at him would be bc of his job.

Just a theory...

17 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

The problem is she feels she's much more accomplished than Porsha but she's on the same show scratching for a check just like Porsha and it bothers her. It's the same reason she could barely tolerate Kim Fields because Kim is more accomplished and has receipts to prove it.

Porsha appearing without makeup should put the who is/isn't pretty question to rest forever.

Yes! The opposite of envy! She feels vastly superior to her. No way she is envious of Porsha! LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

How do you know?

If she were pregnant, the fainting wouldn't have anything to do with him quitting his job. Pregnant women sometimes faint. Her getting mad at him would be bc of his job.

Just a theory...

Yes! The opposite of envy! She feels vastly superior to her. No way she is envious of Porsha! LOL

Porsha was tweeting about it with someone else that has it...... Porsha Williams ‏@Porsha4real Jan 22

Porsha Williams Retweeted DGF627

Yes three people in my family suffer from it! It can be very scary!https://twitter.com/dgf627/status/823375131921842176 …

Porsha Williams added,

@Porsha4real Porsha, I started fainting in 2016. Vasal-vagal Syncope What a relief to hear your's manifested similarly. Stay hydrated! #RHOA

She wasn't/isn't pregnant, she would be screaming with joy if she was!

• Love 1
On 1/23/2017 at 5:18 AM, RealReality said:

Assuming thats true, if the opportunity never came up at the Escape Room, that wouldn't particularly mean that she should assume Phaedra lied.  Talking about it at the event would make zero sense since they would be split up in two groups and everyone left after the activity.  Were I in the same position, I would simply think that the situation wasn't right, but a dinner put together by Phaedra, with all of them there, would be the right time to talk about it.

I don't think they had anything where they were all together with the exception of the pop up shop.  I think when they were discussing the pop-up shop, Cynthia wasn't there.

For me, it doesn't matter that Phaedra said Porsha wanted to talk about it. The fact is that it is Porscha's therapy to discuss or not. If she wants to talk about it, it should be on her terms. How does Kenya know that Porsha didn't want to talk about it one on one with each of the women at times of her own choosing? If Kenya is afraid to go on a trip with Porsha, why not just say, "do you think we can get along on this trip with out getting physical?" Why ask someone who is clearly not your friend about something as personal as therapy in a whole group of women, when it wasn't even a part of the conversation to begin with? Better yet, why not say, "maybe we can hash out how we will deal with each other on the trip before we leave so there isn't any physical confrontation?"

I don't think that verbal provocation should lead to violence. Which is why it was good to see that no matter how much Kenya tried to get just that type of reaction from Porsha, Porsha didn't give it to her. She walked away. When she was followed, she left. Maybe Porsha is in anger management, maybe she isn't. But she did prove that she can remove herself from a situation rather than resorting to violence and that is growth. 

• Love 10

Does anyone have a theory as to why Kandi came so hard for Porsha at the lunch/roast? Apart from telling Porsha all along that she better not pull anything with Kandi cos Kandi will clap back, these 2 don't really have much of a history. Am I forgetting something? Is it about Shamea? Even jealousy of Frick and Frack now that Phaedra and Kandi are never getting back together doesn't make sense. 

• Love 1

I don't see what babysitting someone else's toddlers has to do with being a mother to one's own baby. There's basically no connection there at all LOL. I babysat a lot and sometimes things went awry but shockingly, I do a great job with my own kids. You learn as you go.

• Love 5
On 1/22/2017 at 9:36 PM, Brooklynista said:

I love production for running back the video (several times) of Phakedra saying exactly what she says she didn't say.  Phaedra and her bible verses can sit and spin. There's no end to the bullshit she spills to try to make herself look like she's not as shitty at the rest of the crew.

I don't recall Phaedra saying she didn't speak on Porsha and anger management.  Phaedra was clarifying her intentions at the table.  Also, it's very important to remember exactly what Phaedra said.  I just watched the clip.  Phaedra said, verbatim, "She went to anger management and she wants to tell everybody about her progress".  Regardless, Phaedra was not coming from a malicious place when she was speaking with Kenya.  She was being a friend and basically trying to convey that Porsha was not going to be a problem in the group.  Kenya turned around and used it as ammunition to antagonize Porsha.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:50 PM, swankie said:

Phaedra, you got caught in a big fat lie when you said you didn't tell Kenya that Porsha wanted to share her anger management experience with them.  The cameras don't lie.  You need to man up to frack frick.  You lied.

Phaedra didn't get caught in a lie.  Phaedra's quote was, "She went to anger management and she wants to tell everybody about her progress".  She never told Kenya that Porsha wanted to be asked about it or asked in a group setting.  It was something that was Porsha's place to talk about if she wanted to.  Later, when Sheree, Porsha and Phaedra were talking about the incidents of the night, Phaedra was explaining herself to Porsha.  Porsha then said that Kenya said Phaedra told her Porsha wanted Kenya to come so she can explain to her.  That was Porsha's interpretation of what Kenya expressed at the table and that's what Phaedra denied saying.  

On 1/23/2017 at 4:57 AM, RealReality said:

Because Kenya was explicitly told that Porsha wanted to talk about it.

The Escape Room was an activity, which wouldn't seem like the right place to have such a conversation.  While you're trying to figure out what clues you need to get out of there or whatever.  It seems like everyone left afterwards with the exception of Sheree and Kenya so there wasn't really a chance for them all to sit down and talk.

No matter why it was brought up, the fact remains that Phaedra added in that Porsha wanted to tell everyone about it.  Without really needing to do so.  She needed only to say that Porsha was in anger management and that it wouldn't be a problem.  And frankly, I think that would have been saying too much. But she made sure to tell Kenya that Porsha wanted to tell all the girls about it, and so I could see where it sounds legit.

Given Porsha's behavior, I don't think she is in anger management either.  They can give you medication for mood swings.

If Kenya has any concerns about Porsha being on the trip, I don't think it has anything to do with Phaedra.  As far as I know, for purposes of the show, Kenya is still in good with Cynthia, and Kandi (by default).  Porsha has a history of violence, and even worse...unrepentant violence.  She never thinks she is wrong for her behavior, and I'm sure every single incident of Porsha's violent behavior was "provoked" by someone else, and she was never, ever at fault.  I'm not sure I would want to be around someone like that in a high stress situation....which is exactly what these "vacations" turn into.

Phaedra's intentions were pure in mentioning Porsha and anger management.  She wanted to allay Kenya's concerns.  The problem is that Kenya has not moved on from the assault and hates Porsha.  She threw Phaedra under the bus and took the information to antagonize and embarrass Porsha.  Kenya knew exactly what she was doing by bringing it up in a group setting.  Phaedra never said Porsha wanted to be asked about it or put on the spot.  Kenya has been bashing and antagonizing Porsha ever since she was called Miss America.  She uses whatever she can and any opportunity to poke at Porsha.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Phaedra didn't get caught in a lie.  Phaedra's quote was, "She went to anger management and she wants to tell everybody about her progress".

You could tell that Porsha was totally blindsided by the news that she wanted to tell everybody about her anger management.  She even asked Phaedra, "I said what?"  I don't think Porsha ever told Phaedra that she wanted to tell everyone about her anger management.  The fact that she didn't do it kind of proves it in my opinion.   Phaedra may have had good intentions when she said that to Kenya, but she should have given Porsha a heads up before she did it.

• Love 4

I get what @Talented Tenth is trying to say, because I said it myself on this thread, prefaced with the fact that I'm not keen on defending Phaedra! I think too that Phaedra's words to Kenya were spoken with the right intent and she meant that Porsha doing anger management is her way of addressing her issues and showing anyone concerned she's doing the right thing. Kenya took the opportunity, like the hyena she is, to take this literally, as did production. I questioned why Phaedra felt she had to tell Kenya anything about Porsha in the first place, but maybe that was the tradeoff for Phaedra to raise her profile in the political/charity world by bringing Kenya to the Flint water camp. Phaedra and Kenya have no business spending time in one another's company, so there's got to be a reason.

Edited by queenjen
NO business, zero, none not one!
  • Love 3

Everyone appears to have forgotten that Porsha announced that she was in anger management therapy at the last reunion which at that time was supported by both Phaedra and Kim Fields.  So everyone knew that she was seeking therapy and that's why Phaedra had no problem mentioning that to Kenya to get her to at least consider going to the lockup that Porsha had arranged.  There was no malice or forethought involved.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Everyone appears to have forgotten that Porsha announced that she was in anger management therapy at the last reunion which at that time was supported by both Phaedra and Kim Fields.  So everyone knew that she was seeking therapy and that's why Phaedra had no problem mentioning that to Kenya to get her to at least consider going to the lockup that Porsha had arranged.  There was no malice or forethought involved.

The writers who give the ladies their talking points for each scene are the ones who forgot what was said, by whom, and when. LOL, they are really slipping this season.

• Love 1

Porsha threw the room escape "event" and put herself in the room with Kenya as proof they could get along and that anger management was working.  So that's where Phaedra invented the "Porsha wants to talk about her anger management journey" talk came in, as she was trying to get Kenya to go.

IMO it wasn't shade, just ill thought out words.

• Love 3

Just got to watch this episode. Phaedra has worn out my last nerve with her faces and fabrications, but she gets a big old pass for the next few episodes after what she accomplished for those children from Flint. That is without a doubt the best thing done by a housewife across any of the franchises. 

• Love 9
On 1/23/2017 at 1:03 PM, RealReality said:

I'm not a Porsha fan, but she has a good thing going right now.  She has Dish Network, she is on Celebrity Apprentice, she is young and glamorous.   She has the right look, and is in the right place at the right time.  I think she could EASILY get a network talk show, something like "The Real" or whatever else.  But one wrong move and those opportunities could disappear in a minute.  And she doesn't handle these stressful situations well, and Bravo AtlHW vacations are almost always a dramatic mess.

This reminds me of something Porsha said, when she got into a fight with Cynthia.  She said that Cynthia did not have anything and was trying to take away all Porsha had with the fight,  Now, mind you, they have made up, but for as dumb as Porsha pretends to be, she knows the score.

• Love 2

There seems to be a reoccurring theme when one these women whether under the guise of concern or gossip, starts representing what another feels, or is thinking or should or should not be doing/saying.  Porsha was the worst with her telling Kandi how she should behave towards Phaedra and it did not end well for those two.   Porsha then turns around and gossips about Kandi.  I always feel like these "meetings, lunches, dinners" are entered with the idea of setting up sound bites or some clever confessional were they excoriate each other.  Still burning hot for Kandi is Phaedras comment about Todd searching for change in the couch cushions. 

I miss Claudia Jordan, she was the voice of reason, beautiful, fit and interesting. 

• Love 2

The camp stuff is by far the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on any Real housewives show. It was so real, and I believed everything Phaedra and Kenya said about their experience with it. They both did good.

Kandi used to be a favorite of mine, and I was so happy when she got married and had a baby, but now it´s turned around and I want karma to check her. She needs HORRIBLE BITCH management. She´s almost worse than her disgusting mama.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2017 at 0:30 AM, NowVoyager said:

I was genuinely moved by Phaedra's summer camp. I watched the episode twice & I was moved to tears both times. A lot of silly drama goes on during these Housewives shows, that's why we all watch them, but this was different.

I doubted Kenya's ability to contribute in any meaningful way. And then, I watched all those Black girls raise their hands when she asked them if they had ever been told they couldn't do something because of the color of their skin. And I raised my hand, too. She gave them a relatable solution by saying: "Just twirl!" She kept it light & fun, but I think they got the message.

Phaedra was a strong force & a fine example. Her makeup never smudged, even when the tears came down. The teenagers who talked about their hardships in life...they cried & hugged her & thanked her for taking the time... & she promised to be there for them in the future.... I believed her.

This was the best thing Housewives has ever done.

I haven't been watching this season, but on a cold, rainy Sunday my 2 choice are this or L&O: SVU!! ?

Anyway, damn Phaedra, good on you. Those kids' stories... I will donate to this camp (maybe not thru Phaedra, but some way). Well ?? Done ?? You ??!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DrSparkles said:

I haven't been watching this season, but on a cold, rainy Sunday my 2 choice are this or L&O: SVU!! ?

Anyway, damn Phaedra, good on you. Those kids' stories... I will donate to this camp (maybe not thru Phaedra, but some way). Well ?? Done ?? You ??!

LOL, I would give my money directly to those kids before I gave a red cent to Phaedra to misappropriate.

I wonder if she makes her "foundations" records public, because I'd be interested in how much of a salary she pays herself to run the foundation.

Listen, props of Phaedra for bringing attention to the cause....even if she is misappropriating the funds or whatever other shenanigans you can think of (I'm imagining a money laundering scheme where people "donate" their drug money to the foundation and it is given back in the form of "interest free loans" while the foundation takes a small processing fee).

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1