Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Another Catfishing

• Start Topic

THREE. HOUR. EPISODE.  That means that Kody and his disgruntled wives (sounds like a band name) will dominate my entire Sunday night.  Nice.  Mariah, you'd better give me something damn good and juicy to justify this neverending "poopshow" tonight, to quote a certain idiot's wedding sermon.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 11

Why the hell do the episodes keep getting longer and longer?  Are they burning off episodes?  Is this the finale?

Mariah's announcement -- is this the lesbian reveal or something ubiquitous, like changing her major or going gluten-free?

New Catfish details?  Will they be details we already know?

• Love 5

Dear Santa,

Oops, I think you misread my list. I said I could easily watch Leah Remini's show for hours at a time. But thanks a million for the DVR. With my new best friend, the FF button, we'll get through this dreck in no time.

XOXO, 

LilWharveyGal

P.S. Enjoy your vacation,  but watch out for the Browns. They're always somewhere. 

• Love 16

I must say "Thank You" to all of you further east from where I live.  I'll read your comments here and do something productive with the 2 hours and 50 minutes I save by not watching this episode.

I predict Mariah's announcement is that she's going to England and Ireland.  'Cause that's where she is right now!

• Love 6

I also thank the folks here who are taking one for the team by sitting through this drek. 

Ditto.  They all make me want to barf so I can't even watch the commercials let alone the endless drivel and rerun scenes.  Love the great snark, though, which keeps me coming back to PTV.

• Love 3

I'm starting to think that some of Mariah's animosity toward her mom has been for the cameras and maybe she'll announce that she's moving back in with Meri.  The producers know we expect to hear her announce that she's a lesbian, but somehow I doubt that will be it.  I'm prepared to eat those words later, of course, but for now, I'm convinced that the announcement will have something to do with her relationship with Meri.  No matter what it is, it will be teased for 2.85 hours, announced right before a commercial break, discussed for two minutes, then fleshed out for another three hours next week.  Kill me now. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

New Catfish details?  Will they be details we already know?

Are there any new details to reveal? The Batfish has written a shit-ton about their "relationship" and while the basics are bullshit (it was not a man sleeping with a woman), there are still some kernels of truth sprinkled throughout. The various gossip rags have reported the situation from about every angle possible. It has been dissected on various social medias as well as CJ's blog and here. Meri and JO have been thoroughly Zaprudered. The only new details would be for Meri TO ADMIT WHAT SHE DID.

Mariah Bet: Something pertaining to Europe, maybe work study? Ties in with current trip.

• Love 10

On twitter they scooped TLC on  Mariah's announcement.  She, Logan and his girlfriend, Michelle are going to London.  Not sure what for but it must involve her skipping a semester.  Someone may remember what they will be doing there.  It is in her thread somewhere. 

Mary is taking a trip to visit another woman she met online who was catfished, as well.  They have been talking to each other online an clicked. 

2 hours and 20 minutes of showtime without commercials.  I am going to take a wild stab here a vote for Kody getting more face time than Mariah and Meri. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, wings707 said:

On twitter they scooped TLC on  Mariah's announcement.  She, Logan and his girlfriend, Michelle are going to London.  Not sure what for but it must involve her skipping a semester.  Someone may remember what they will be doing there.  It is in her thread somewhere. 

Mary is taking a trip to visit another woman she met online who was catfished, as well.  They have been talking to each other online an clicked. 

2 hours and 20 minutes of showtime without commercials.  I am going to take a wild stab here a vote for Kody getting more face time than Mariah and Meri. 

DEAR GOD, SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP MERI FROM THESE ONLINE RELATIONSHIPS.

• Love 8

Not only a 3 hour episode, but the one before it is Maddies wedding... no way...I didn't watch the first time I will not watch now... is it literally going to be sisterwives for the next 5 hours!? What more could we possibly learn about the catfish!? I do have to commend them for dragging this out for 3 seasons now, but seriously it's been more than a year, maybe 2, I don't remember the timeline off the top of my head.  I still have champagne from last night but I'll bust open the bottle to watch, because drunk is the only way I think I can do it.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The trip Meri is taking is with someone she met online??? 

Not with, she is going someplace to meet her.   I think she is flying to where she lives.  I could be wrong but I thought it was in the preview. 

I hope Meri didn't tell her who she was until after they made plans to meet, if at all.  Never under estimate what one will do to befriend a "celeb."  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Not only a 3 hour episode, but the one before it is Maddies wedding... no way...I didn't watch the first time I will not watch now... is it literally going to be sisterwives for the next 5 hours!? What more could we possibly learn about the catfish!? I do have to commend them for dragging this out for 3 seasons now, but seriously it's been more than a year, maybe 2, I don't remember the timeline off the top of my head.  I still have champagne from last night but I'll bust open the bottle to watch, because drunk is the only way I think I can do it.

When I saw it was Maddie's wedding--AGAIN--are they serious? Lame!

If they're gonna show old SW stuff before the new episode, why can't it be something we haven't seen in a while? 

I'm DVRing The Bachelor (yes I am a sucker for that tomfoolery too) and The Affair to watch Sister Wives live. But this 3 hour nonsense is ridiculous, I will be doing other things while watching but hopefully catch the juicy stuff (if there is any).

Meri is live tweeting. 

The catfish is loving this episode.  This should be the swan song for this topic. I get why Meri wanted to meet Cheryl.  This is good for her.  Lol@ Kody for wanting to know what Cheryl thinks about how he feels. Hysterical.  

• Love 9

Doesn't sound like a woman happy in her "marriage". That proves Kody's wrong saying that Meri was just talking with a "friend" because she wanted Sam to be real so she could get out of the cul-de-sac and leave Kody. She admits she had doubts but she overlooked them because she wanted Sam to be real so badly.

You have got to be kidding me that part of this episode is more wedding rehash. AAAAAACK!

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2

Meri and Cheryl should get restraining orders so the police can help should 911 be called.  Without one they can't do anything.  Good precaution. This woman is worse than I thought.

1 minute ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

After this, can TLC please, for the love of the FSM, put this story to rest?!

P.S. Kody, why does a stranger need to appreciate your feelings on anything? Go brush your hair.

You want more wedding?  Lol

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Meri and Cheryl should get restraining orders so the police can help should 911 be called.  Without one they can't do anything.  Good precaution. This woman is worse than I thought.

You want more wedding?  Lol

because Kody with the bad hair thinks everything is about him and his feelings lol 

• Love 2

How do they transition from Dateline/Catfish to Mykelti's boring ass wedding centerpieces?!!!  Fuck this show.

p.s.  I hope Truely is in treatment with speech therapy.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

I think Mykelti is trying to be totally different then Maddie's wedding, but also in the most annoying way. Why does she have to Make 

E.v.e.r.y flower for the whole wedding. That is nuts. To each his own I guess

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is that all of the Catfish material? Guess I can do my laundry now...

No, there is more.  Meri and the other victim are now at a therapist's office discussing the catfish.  I figure the whole episode will be Meri scene - then boring wedding prep -- then back to Meri.

• Love 1

I wasn't going to watch, but My sister was watching and I went to ask her a question and got sucked in to watching.

I lol'd when Meri was talking about meeting Cheryl and Kody slipped in making sure she was a woman.

i know I just said upthread that they need to drop the catfish thing, and I do believe that as far as the show is concerned it needs to be dropped, however, Kody can miss me with his insistence that the subject needs to be dropped completely... I think as a family and especially as a "husband" if Meri needs to talk about this I think she should, without telling anyone with ears that he thinks this subject should be dropped to not give anymore attention to the catfish (because god forbid somebody other than Kody get attention). I'm pleasently surprised that they are using Sam's name, and referring to Jackie as a she, its progress, but I didn't really learn anything new about the situation in general. 

I will say, did anyone else find the dinner with Cheryl annoying? It just bothered me the way she asked the questions, I felt like it was leading... I can see why you would be curious if she had the same experience but her method just felt staged to me.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is that all of the Catfish material? Guess I can do my laundry now...

I hope you are going to a wedding.  You can hang the sheets up to dry as decor.  That's what it looked liked they did at Madison's wedding.

• Love 6