Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Another Catfishing

• Start Topic

I missed the entire catfish story (moving) so I am finding the details interesting and golden to get the cliff notes version.  

Kody loves  to sweep everything under the rug. Emotions, feelings, something that may reflect on him disfavorably and almost everything, really.  Pinhead.  Robin is so smug. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The therapist is pretty casually dressed, is this somebody legit or somebody set up from TLC?

There are several "therapists" on here (psychologists, clinical social workers, clinical counselors, etc.), myself included.  I have never ever ever wore spaghetti straps around clients.  My division has a dress code though (Fed gov).  That clinician may be in private practice?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did you see Kody tweeted to her? I think the only reason he cares about the Catfishing is because he doesn't want to publically be emasculated like he might not be enough for Meri.

Bingo. 

1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

There are several "therapists" on here (psychologists, clinical social workers, clinical counselors, etc.), myself included.  I have never ever ever wore spaghetti straps around clients.  My division has a dress code though.  That clinician may be in private practice?

I haven't either but there was never a producer choosing my clothes for a fake session either. If the pay was good I would wear Daisy Dukes with 5 inch heels if need be.

• Love 5

Robin!!!! Jesus.  Catfish got into our lives. No, she go into Meris life. You are separate people.  

Kody!!!! You all but ignore her, don't fuck her or even help her with the sprinkler!  You expect her to consider her feelings when you no longer care about her?  Oh good god.  Hand me my rifle.

• Love 12

I still don't get what Jackie was going to do if Meri actually did leave the family? Eventually the jig was going to be up when Meri couldn't see Sam in person.

UGH there Kody goes saying Meri "was just making friends". I don't think he is that stupid, he just won't admit on camera that Meri might want another "man".

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I still don't get what Jackie was going to do if Meri actually did leave the family? Eventually the jig was going to be up when Meri couldn't see Sam in person.

Dateline episode.

• Love 4

Ok, so I call BS on Meri saying that in Alaska she was *pretty* sure Sam was a woman because Meri all but told them a specific date she was leaving, she was on her way out the door, how are they going to show that clip and then the next scene all of the sudden Meri was pretty sure it was a sham during that same scene.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Kody!!!! You all but ignore her, don't fuck her or even help her with the sprinkler!  You expect her to consider her feelings when you no longer care about her?  Oh good god.  Hand me my rifle.

This made me laugh.  I wouldn't care about the fucking nearly as much as not helping with the sprinkler.  That's a deal breaker to me. :)

• Love 16
Just now, leighroda said:

Ok, so I call BS on Meri saying that in Alaska she was *pretty* sure Sam was a woman because Meri all but told them a specific date she was leaving, she was on her way out the door, how are they going to show that clip and then the next scene all of the sudden Meri was pretty sure it was a sham during that same scene.

I agree.  Why is Meri lying now?  We all watched the episode.  Meri literally and figuratively had her bags packed. 

• Love 6
Just now, RoxieBear73 said:

Is it just me or is Meri happier away from her home? She seems at peace and she is being herself when she was with the other lady. 

Big time.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, RoxieBear73 said:

Is it just me or is Meri happier away from her home? She seems at peace and she is being herself when she was with the other lady. 

Meri can be a fun person, she gets on my nerves on this show but in reality I would probably have a good time with her in real life. Out of the four wives she would be the one who could make it in the real world. Janelle is too lazy/introverted, Christine is too ingrained in the Plyg lifestyle, and Robyn is a grifter.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, RoxieBear73 said:

Now she is back home and she is all tensed up...  something is not right with that relationship 

Her body, face and mood change instantly around him.

God, Meri.  Just go.  Be free.  Do you really want to be on this creep's planet for eternity? Or do you secretly pray that he won't call for you?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Meri can be a fun person, she gets on my nerves on this show but in reality I would probably have a good time with her in real life. Out of the four wives she would be the one who could make it in the real world. Janelle is too lazy/introverted, Christine is too ingrained in the Plyg lifestyle, and Robyn is a grifter.

I agree, meri seems real and like she would be a good friend to have 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, wings707 said:
6 minutes ago, RoxieBear73 said:

Absolutely. She seems so much more relaxed and happy.  

6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Kody has a grumpy face during this counseling session. ugh again.

I think Kody thinks that face makes him look like he cares and it taking the counseling seriously. It just makes him look constipated. 

• Love 14

My prediction may be unfolding. *

* Robin on the outs and Meri steps into #1 position.  No baby crying at night or kids demanding his attention.  Meri's house is looking good.  Quiet evening with a glass of wine that Meri is now into.  He trashes the tenet and joins her. AND the wet bar is finally used.  Ta da!   Wild, loud sex with no kids to awake.  Candle lit dinners.  The adult life we get back when the nest is empty. 

Just you watch.  Meri will lose weight a a fast clip. Falling in love does that. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think Kody thinks that face makes him look like he cares and it taking the counseling seriously. It just makes him look constipated. 

You are right. LOL! He probably pats himself on the back for doing such a good job with his concerned face.

I see Kody wore his finest flip flops to the counseling session.

• Love 12
On 1/1/2017 at 7:48 PM, 3girlsforus said:

He  is feigning deep emotion/concern for the camera. His goal is to make all of this go away. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

She's GAY!  (after 4 minutes of trying to figure out where to sit and chair placement in the library.)

Congrats, Mariah!

Next week: Meri crying/upset that daughter is gay.

Kody: "We're not happy Mariah is gay, we're happy that she knows herself."

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 9

Well, shut my mouth.  I officially eat my words.  Good for Mariah.  I hope her dumbass family supports her.  (I was right about them scheduling the announcement at the very last minute.  TLC, you never disappoint!)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 13

Because I'm just that shallow, what did meri do to piss off the tlc makeup person?  Her makeup looks really bad tonight.  Her eye makeup is just  awful.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 12