Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Another Catfishing

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Wow.  Meri and Kody are finally discussing her thoughts and feelings about Robyn's surrogacy offer.

Turns out they were struggling even before Robyn.

I'm not near a TV. What did she say about Robyn's surrogacy offer?

Does Meri realize the surrogacy offer was an insincere Stealth Bitch Robyn Move to force Meri into making a decision to have a child or not (she was dragging it out), flaunted Robyn's fertility and martyrdom AND then gave Kody another child that Robyn could pass off and then ride into the sunset with King Kody while Meri is stuck in baby jail?

• Love 6

Wow, finally a good lead in with the promo? We didn't believe it. Well good for you TMC.  They have all known.  You should probably check twitter before you insist on the family comments. Please. 

• Love 3

The only reason these grifters are ever honest is because they know their YUGE news is already all over online. They get forced to show it on the show.  Same as the Duggars.

Either they or TLC are all over boards like this. 

And how in fuck do they refer to that spare room as a library?

I have more books in my bathrooms.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Wow that was incredibly brave...pretty impressed actually. Do you think she should have told Meri first alone? Kind of just thinking about that...but not feeling strongly either way. 

This was for the show. 

They all knew. 

None of them are good actors.

Edited to add that Janelle almost needed a hoist to get that leg up in the "library".

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 10
Just now, jenifaohjenny said:

Wow that was incredibly brave...pretty impressed actually. Do you think she should have told Meri first alone? Kind of just thinking about that...but not feeling strongly either way. 

Yes, I thought she should have told her mother first --- however, judging by next week -- Meri looks the most hysterical and unaccepting.  So perhaps it was the best choice to bring in all the wives, Kody and Christine's mother for the coming out?

• Love 2

Kody thinks it vulgar to think of Meri with another man.  He said that. Oh my god. He really did.  He really did.  What do I do now? Buy a Glock and hunt him down? 

3 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

Now Meri will cry herself through the next 2 seasons about Mariah "going weird" ?

Nah. She will be fine with it.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, RoxieBear73 said:

Now she is back home and she is all tensed up...  something is not right with that relationship 

I don't think Meri and Kody even have a relationship. When they were with Nancy, Kody said he hadn't seen Meri to ask her about her trip and Meri said she had been home for a couple of days. If they had any kind of relationship at all, you would think that Kody would have at least stopped by her house to say he was glad she was back and ask how her trip was.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Kody thinks it vulgar to think of Meri with another man.  He said that. Oh my god. He really did.  He really did.  What do I do now? Buy a Glock and hunt him down? 

Nah. She will be fine with it.

He's said this before.  He got the huge  hairy eyeball the first time he said it.  It was in one of the early episodes.

• Love 1

Meri always had issues with only being able to have one child so she probably has been dreaming of Mariah having lots of grandchildren. So maybe that is what bothered her at first when she heard about Mariah being gay? Of course I know there are ways for her to still have children, just guessing.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Yes, I thought she should have told her mother first --- however, judging by next week -- Meri looks the most hysterical and unaccepting.  So perhaps it was the best choice to bring in all the wives, Kody and Christine's mother for the coming out?

I 'get' Meri having an emotional time with Meriah coming out. It might take some time to reconcile who her daughter actually is with the mental picture she dreamed of for her daughter, if that makes sense. Also, Meri was catfished by a woman, and might transfer some of that emotion with Meriah being into women. Give Meri a minute to sort it all out, and they'll be fine.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I 'get' Meri having an emotional time with Meriah coming out. It might take some time to reconcile who her daughter actually is with the mental picture she dreamed of for her daughter, if that makes sense. Also, Meri was catfished by a woman, and might transfer some of that emotion with Meriah being into women. Give Meri a minute to sort it all out, and they'll be fine.

I get that, too.  She will champion her daughter in time (already) and throw her the best wedding ever if that happens.  I sense this will ultimately bring them closer. Meri has to reconcile that she had a very fucked up lesbian stalker and get it that is not about gay. It is about predator mentally skewed which happens no matter what your orientation. 

• Love 8

Still watching the game.... someone refresh my memory. Didn't Christine in an early TH talk about since there are so many children, it's possible they'll have a gay child? Am I dreaming, I swear I remember that.

• Love 11

Pregnant is the be all with these people.  How said for Meri.  Damage. She is still tormented.  So sad.  It is one aspect of life not the ultimate be all, end all.  Disclaimer, I have two kids. 

• Love 3

I wonder if Mariah came out to her family back when she first started posting lesbian themed pics to her tumblr page and this was just for the cameras (reality shows aren't reality, duh) and they are recreating emotions that were real at the time. Perhaps Meri had "problems" with Mariah being gay and that's why Mariah cut her off and refused to hear Kody about her mother's feelings about the catfish. Kody was asking her to accept Meri's misguided choices when Meri couldn't accept who her daughter was as a person.

• Love 3
On 1/1/2017 at 9:24 PM, Sista Snarky said:

I was very  distracted by the billboard flashing outside the window during the therapy session with Nancy.

Is that what that was? I could  not  figure  out  what  was flashing. Thanks  for  solving  that mystery.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Some of Meriah's brattiness could also be attributed to her coming to terms with who she is vs who her culture tells her she is supposed to be. I cannot believe I have so much empathy for Meriah now.

Makes sense. Even though they live in Vegas now and even drink a little wine, the whole lot of them were very isolated and rigid. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I wonder if Mariah came out to her family back when she first started posting lesbian themed pics to her tumblr page and this was just for the cameras (reality shows aren't reality, duh) and they are recreating emotions that were real at the time. Perhaps Meri had "problems" with Mariah being gay and that's why Mariah cut her off and refused to hear Kody about her mother's feelings about the catfish. Kody was asking her to accept Meri's misguided choices when Meri couldn't accept who her daughter was as a person.

Yep. They knew. All staged. Said this in several posts. 

• Love 1

Did I understand correctly that Meri was shocked the catfisher knew where Mariah attended college?  Wasn't that a major discussion a few years ago on their show?  

They've chosen to be on a reality TV show, for goodness sake. They, along with their children, aren't able to have normal privacy anymore.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Good for Mariah. She seems pretty sheltered to come out so publicly. Parents should be proud of her. Maybe these doufusses did some things right as parents.

We know Jenelle's kids were raised by Christine and Logan.  Was Mariah sent over to Christine's too?  Is that why she wanted Christine's mother over for the library reveal?

• Love 3

This right reason to have a baby is all religion based with these freaks.  No regard is given to your personal capacity, skill or desire or finances; it is all about religion.  

And I continue to watch.  They make me twitchy.  No, more like nauseous.  No, homicidal.  Yes, that is it. I want to kill them.  I blame this passionate desire on the ID Chanel. I am not responsible. I have an alabi. 

• Love 6

Well, Meri STILL couldn't get her story straight about Batfish. During a TH she said that Cheryl had tried to warn her early on that Sam was a sham, then at her dinner with Cheryl she said that towards the end of the relationship Sam said Cheryl would try and contact her to warn her. There were several other things she said that contradicted herself. On the other hand, Meri also confirmed some things that Batfish wrote about in her book. But it did seem like she felt pretty good after the visit with Cheryl and the therapist. She told Nancy she had been validated, which I guess wasn't happening in that crappy family of hers.

So Kody and Meri have been having problems for 12 years? That's long before Robyn. He sat through that whole session with little beady shark eyes and a frown. Then he couldn't commit to attending more sessions to work on his relationship with Meri. What little he does is all for show. I did like Nancy getting in the little shot about them taking swipes at each other on film rather than working on the relationship in her office (despite being a hired hand....).

Mariah! Well done. Agree that they already knew, esp after Janelle's comment several weeks ago about her finding the right person to marry. Hate Kodouche's comment about them not being happy she's gay but that she has found herself. PFLAG, it's a wonderful place to start, ya jackass.  

• Love 13

I had to turn it off when they started back in to the persecution storyline... Meri saying her family was the reason she lost her job, I think it's more being on national television in that line of work can be a liability.

As far as Mariah, I am not her biggest fan, but I'm proud of her I'm sure that was hard to do on national television whether it was staged or not, she was basically coming out to America, not necessarily her family. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in how Meri seemed to have handled it (since we only know based on clips... that could have been just her immediate reaction and she got over it) I get that it's a big adjustment, and I think in their religion it's not ok, so I can understand her not being thrilled on first notice... but idk, it just bothers me that this actually has been addressed on camera, they were aware with the number of kids someone would probably be gay (although now that I think about it was Meri part of that convo? I thought it was a couch scene but I'm not positive) so it seems like she was ok with it as long as it was someone else's kid, but was disappointed finding out it was hers. I also think Kody was a little insensitive about it, coming from her point of view (I just want to be clear that I don't personally have a problem with being gay, but I recognize not all religions/ people view it that way) that Meri feels this is a problem and Kody is not on the same page and seems ok with it, it just occurred to me... for Meri this is her only child (I know spiritual children blah blah blah, I'm speaking biologically) but for Kody he has several other daughters, so this perceived flaw may not effect him quite like Meri. That's a terrible way to see things, but it is a reality of their lifestyle. Also side note, I don't know why but it really bothered me how badly Christine was trying to get Mariah to tell her first... how would she feel if one of her children gave that big of news exclusively to another mom first? I personally think Meri should have been told first/privately... and maybe she was in realtime... but Christine bothered me.

• Love 15

Oh Meri the victim.  Such spin on feeling in danger.   I followed her twitter back then and she was all in.  So fake. 

Mariah announcing she is gay?  .002 seconds then back to the Meri drama. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I had to turn it off when they started back in to the persecution storyline.

Same here. When they ran that "other husband" clip and the subsequent Kody melt down on the couch, I realized this clip show was a rerun. I don't know why TLC is doing this to us. Aren't they torturing us enough with 2-hour episodes?

• Love 2

I really don't hate anyone in my real life. I really don't.  I am kind and well liked in my life. What is it about reality TV that brings my hate out?

I want to meet Robin in a dark alley, with a thug to do my bidding.  I also want to tie Kody to something  and do bad things.  

• Love 12

I guess I'm a cynic. I just hope it was Mariahs idea to come out on TV. I can just see Kody - hmmm our ratings suck. We've already married off two kids. Awesome - Mariah is gay. That will get viewers. Mariah - let's do this again for the camera.  

• Love 19
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

I guess I'm a cynic. I just hope it was Mariahs idea to come out on TV. I can just see Kody - hmmm our ratings suck. We've already married off two kids. Awesome - Mariah is gay. That will get viewers. Mariah - let's do this again for the camera.  

you and me both!  

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Janc said:

What was confirmed? 

From what I can remember offhand, the trip Meri and "Lindsey" (JO) took together, the final ultimatum, a couple conversations that JO wrote about.  (There might be a little bit of alcohol blocking my memory at the moment.....) 

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 1

I'm kind of shocked.  We all thought the big announcement was a fake-out, but no, she's gay and she came out on national television.  Good for her.  As for it being staged, I'm the biggest cynic around and I don't put anything past these grifters, but I think there's a chance this was real.  Mariah's been pissed at her mother and on the outs with her for a long time, so I can see her orchestrating the reveal in this fashion as a way to stick it to her.  Or maybe because she was just more comfortable telling a group vs. just her mother and/or her usually-absent father.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Still watching the game.... someone refresh my memory. Didn't Christine in an early TH talk about since there are so many children, it's possible they'll have a gay child? Am I dreaming, I swear I remember that.

She did, in either the first or second season when one ep featured a dinner they were having for their gay friends, which makes me think of Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride (yeah I know) from South Park.

• Love 1