Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Breaking The Wall / S07.E14: Deja Vu

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I am afraid to go check Leah, Cory's, and Paw Paw's Instagram for fear I will see that child with no helmet. The new episodes must have been been filmed sometime in September.

I think we are still in the May/June area.  This is when Jeremy was working in whichever Dakota Chelsea lives in.  He gets engaged sometime in that time range. Leah posted about buying a house.  I'll have to go see when that was. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

My personal theory is she's a plain Jane who tries to cover it up with glam makeup and hair. Have we ever seen her natural face?

Yes. Chelsea has been shown with messy and undone hair many times as well.

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

It wouldn't kill Jeremy to Skype Addie more than once a week for that 2-min conversation though. Maybe he could have three 2-minute conversations a week?

Did he say that or Leah?

Jeremy mentioned calling as Leah was emphasizing he "needed to get on Skype, Facetime, whatever." I did not get the impression Jeremy was not contacting Addie as much as it was Leah who was pushing the issue. Jeremy never said he was not going to call Addie.

In fact, if you watch the scene Jeremy mentioned his mother would take Addie to visit him. He is still utilizing his visitation. 

Jeremy is an ass, but he is not avoiding  his kid. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Inga said:

I totally agree, I can't stand Chelsea! Even though she is less of a hot mess than everyone else, she is super annoying. And her eyeliner is ridiculous. I think she does her eyeliner and hair like that because if she didn't she would look exactly like her mother!!! Welcome to your future, Cole.

This cracked me up so hard. I like Chelsea, but I do think she's probably going to look like Lois in a few years, and maybe already does underneath the makeup.

• Love 9

My personal theory is she's a plain Jane who tries to cover it up with glam makeup and hair. Have we ever seen her natural face?

I googled Chelsea Houska no makeup and didn't find any good pictures. There is one website that shows all 8 girls "without makeup" but A. Chelsea is crying in her pic, so that doesn't count, and B. it's not really without makeup, except for Kail and Catelynn. It's without the copious amounts of dark eyeliner these girls are so fond of, but all of the girls except Kail and Cate are pretty obviously wearing foundation, bronzer, and that "contouring" makeup that the Kardashians wear. I don't really get it, but my makeup wearing friends tell me this is a thing.

This is the closest I've found:

chelsea-houska.jpg

She kind of looks like Bette Midler in Beaches in this pic.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 2

Hahaha she does! One of my biggest pet peeves is the guys out there who claim to like girls without makeup. Ummm, no, you just don't like girls who cake it on, like Chelsea. I wear foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and bronzer, and I can't even count the number of guys who have said, "I love your look, since you don't feel the need to wear makeup!" I look at them like they have three heads. Then on the rare occasion when I don't wear any, everyone asks if I'm sick (which I am today...that's why I've been commenting so much lol). I really don't think we have seen Chelsea without it!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

It wouldn't kill Jeremy to Skype Addie more than once a week for that 2-min conversation though. Maybe he could have three 2-minute conversations a week?

We don't know how often trees. I can see flighty Leah being consistently hard to get a hold of. 

• Love 3

And isn't she supposedly "trained" in makeup application? (was trying to reply to another post about Chelsea).

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Did he say that or Leah?

Jeremy mentioned calling as Leah was emphasizing he "needed to get on Skype, Facetime, whatever." I did not get the impression Jeremy was not contacting Addie as much as it was Leah who was pushing the issue. Jeremy never said he was not going to call Addie.

In fact, if you watch the scene Jeremy mentioned his mother would take Addie to visit him. He is still utilizing his visitation. 

Jeremy is an ass, but he is not avoiding  his kid. 

Hopefully!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Hahaha she does! One of my biggest pet peeves is the guys out there who claim to like girls without makeup. Ummm, no, you just don't like girls who cake it on, like Chelsea. I wear foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and bronzer, and I can't even count the number of guys who have said, "I love your look, since you don't feel the need to wear makeup!" I look at them like they have three heads. Then on the rare occasion when I don't wear any, everyone asks if I'm sick (which I am today...that's why I've been commenting so much lol). I really don't think we have seen Chelsea without it!

Maybe true for some guys, but most of the ones I've known have been fine with me without any in the mornings, etc.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe true for some guys, but most of the ones I've known have been fine with me without any in the mornings, etc.

I think what she meant is not that guys expect her to wear makeup, more just that guys assume a girl is not wearing makeup if she doesn't have dramatic eye makeup and a bold color lipstick.  A woman could be wearing foundation and mascara and a guy might still think she has a naked face, and then be surprised when she actually does have a naked face.

There was a girl on the MTV challenge that was- no exaggeration here- completely unrecognizable when she took her makeup off. Like, you literally thought she was two different people.

• Love 9

Chelsea has been shown without make-up. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

We don't know how often trees. I can see flighty Leah being consistently hard to get a hold of. 

Especially if she doesn't have the girlses and she is taking a nap while leaving Addie all by herself with a can of frosting and a pile of dirty clothes to climb on to keep her busy.

• Love 5

I've always gotten the gist that Jeremy couldn't give two flying fucks about Addie.  He seems to treat her like a convenient toy.  

However, I also don't judge him for not Skyping a lot while he is away (if that is even true).  Kids that age are so hard to do that with.  They don't pay attention, they aren't listening, they rarely can have an actual conversation.  If it lasts two minutes, you are doing well.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

I've always gotten the gist that Jeremy couldn't give two flying fucks about Addie.  He seems to treat her like a convenient toy.  

However, I also don't judge him for not Skyping a lot while he is away (if that is even true).  Kids that age are so hard to do that with.  They don't pay attention, they aren't listening, they rarely can have an actual conversation.  If it lasts two minutes, you are doing well.  

Exactly.  I don't judge him for that either.  My kids' dad works out of town always and we used to talk on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Not the kids when they were little, just us, to touch base.  We quit putting the kids on the phone because it was hard for them to understand.  I can't imagine explaining skype/facetime to a three year old.  

ETA: the kids got to talk to him if they wanted, just wasn't a have to talk. 

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

I think what she meant is not that guys expect her to wear makeup, more just that guys assume a girl is not wearing makeup if she doesn't have dramatic eye makeup and a bold color lipstick.  A woman could be wearing foundation and mascara and a guy might still think she has a naked face, and then be surprised when she actually does have a naked face.

There was a girl on the MTV challenge that was- no exaggeration here- completely unrecognizable when she took her makeup off. Like, you literally thought she was two different people.

Omg-yes!!!! I can't think of that girls name on the challenge, (Nicole?) but when they showed her without makeup, I was like who the hell is that???? Lol, I could not believe how completely different she looked, it was insane. The sad part is that she did look a lot better with all that make up on, she was not cute without it.

• Love 1

I'm a little late to the party and for some reason I can't quote but I'm a widow with a young child and I just recently went skydiving for the third time. Maybe I'm a bad mom, I blame it on the editing. I never lose my keys though. 

On a completely different topic, Aubree's cat ear headband was adorable and Adam is still a douche. 

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, grumpypanda said:

I'm a little late to the party and for some reason I can't quote but I'm a widow with a young child and I just recently went skydiving for the third time. Maybe I'm a bad mom, I blame it on the editing. I never lose my keys though. 

On a completely different topic, Aubree's cat ear headband was adorable and Adam is still a douche. 

I am envious of your courage (and honestly Kail's too). I was thinking while watching that segment that I wished that I was that courageous, especially at that age. I can't put anyone down for stuff like this.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Tatum said:

kind of looks like Bette Midler in Beaches in this pic.

Oh man. That just reminds me of the damn remake they keep advertising. I am already over it and it hasn't aired yet. 

Chelsea's look has always been...interesting to me. I just can't with her hair, though. No matter what she does to it, it looks like a bad wig. 

• Love 9

Finally got around to watching "Deja Vu". 

Why the heck are Leah's girls still sleeping on the couch?! I know that, out of all the crappy things Leah does as a mother, this shouldn't even rate. And yet, it bugs.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Chelsea's look has always been...interesting to me. I just can't with her hair, though. No matter what she does to it, it looks like a bad wig. 

Her hair is bad and it looks to me like more than half of it is extensions or some sort of weave.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Inga said:

Omg-yes!!!! I can't think of that girls name on the challenge, (Nicole?) but when they showed her without makeup, I was like who the hell is that???? Lol, I could not believe how completely different she looked, it was insane. The sad part is that she did look a lot better with all that make up on, she was not cute without it.

It was Nicole! Nany's cousin. I also did a "who the heck is that" when they showed her without makeup. I thought they added a random new girl in the house LOL

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Oh man. That just reminds me of the damn remake they keep advertising. I am already over it and it hasn't aired yet. 

Ugh stop with the remakes already! There is zero reason to redo that one, particularly as it appears to be the same damn storyline. I watch that movie at least once a year. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It's so interesting that to admit any of Chelsea's flaws is an unpopular decision. I definitely like her as a person, mainly because of what kind of mother she is, but I think Chelsea (knowingly or unknowingly) has tapped into something so much bigger...

In every high school, there are the regular "popular girls" who flatly refuse to give you the time of day, but there is that one girl who hangs out with them, but is polite to everyone else. High school girls are desperate to hang out with someone "cool," so they rabidly defend someone popular who is friendly to them. "I thought she'd be a bitch, but she is soooo nice! SHE IS THE BEST PERSON EVER!!!!" It usually takes a while before the illusion crashes down, when they either hear the girl talking crap about them, or realize that they're doing all the work in a nonexistent "friendship," and the popular girl couldn't give a crap about them. They usually get over this, though, and dismiss her few rude actions because she's "popular and sooooo nice!" I knew a girl like this in high school, who was actually a lot like Chelsea, and it would amaze me the lengths people would go to in order to justify her bad behavior, all because she made small talk with them a few times or called them a friend once. Even today, when she posts a mediocre selfie on FB, she gets like 20 comments from people from high school gushing about her miraculous beauty (and as an adult, she is really just average looking). They still seek her acceptance.

chelsea unfortunately gives me this feeling. She has always seemed, to me, like the fun, social, "approachable" girl in high school who would let you comfort her for hours when Adam left her at a party, and say she appreciated you soooo much, but would be making fun of your outfit with her friends the next day. I don't really have any proof of this, but it's just the vibe I get from her. I think she hits a lot of fans in that vulnerable weak spot, and by vigorously defending and lavishing praise on her, they are unconsciously working on gaining the acceptance and full friendship from that girl at their high school. 

I don't see "popular girl" at all with Chelsea.  I see insecure and dorky.  She did seem to have a social life when they showed her on 16 and Pregnant, but her friends did not seem like the popular group.  

20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I think that is te style she is going for, inexplicably.  She seems to think it looks good.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't see "popular girl" at all with Chelsea.  I see insecure and dorky.  She did seem to have a social life when they showed her on 16 and Pregnant, but her friends did not seem like the popular group.  

ITA.  Chelsea's behavior shows otherwise. It is not like with Maci who has, in fact, shown mean girl behavior and a real ugly side to her all because she is self-centered and got all butt hurt by the attention another cast member has received.

Edited by SPLAIN
who not whose
  • Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, SimonSeymour said:

Yes!! I could not agree with you more (obviously). Where I practice (Chicago, for 15 years), officers don't sit at the prosecution's table (not sure if you meant that they do where you are, or if you were just discussing why it would be wrong), but your point is a great one and one that I embarrassingly overlooked.  

In California once a police officer is designated as an investigating officer in the case, they're allowed to sit at the prosecution's table through the entirety of the trial.  Even before testifying as a witness themselves.   It's always been that way as long as I've been here but dammit if it still doesn't piss me off.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Christina87 said:

It's so interesting that to admit any of Chelsea's flaws is an unpopular decision. I definitely like her as a person, mainly because of what kind of mother she is, but I think Chelsea (knowingly or unknowingly) has tapped into something so much bigger...

In every high school, there are the regular "popular girls" who flatly refuse to give you the time of day, but there is that one girl who hangs out with them, but is polite to everyone else. High school girls are desperate to hang out with someone "cool," so they rabidly defend someone popular who is friendly to them. "I thought she'd be a bitch, but she is soooo nice! SHE IS THE BEST PERSON EVER!!!!" It usually takes a while before the illusion crashes down, when they either hear the girl talking crap about them, or realize that they're doing all the work in a nonexistent "friendship," and the popular girl couldn't give a crap about them. They usually get over this, though, and dismiss her few rude actions because she's "popular and sooooo nice!" I knew a girl like this in high school, who was actually a lot like Chelsea, and it would amaze me the lengths people would go to in order to justify her bad behavior, all because she made small talk with them a few times or called them a friend once. Even today, when she posts a mediocre selfie on FB, she gets like 20 comments from people from high school gushing about her miraculous beauty (and as an adult, she is really just average looking). They still seek her acceptance.

chelsea unfortunately gives me this feeling. She has always seemed, to me, like the fun, social, "approachable" girl in high school who would let you comfort her for hours when Adam left her at a party, and say she appreciated you soooo much, but would be making fun of your outfit with her friends the next day. I don't really have any proof of this, but it's just the vibe I get from her. I think she hits a lot of fans in that vulnerable weak spot, and by vigorously defending and lavishing praise on her, they are unconsciously working on gaining the acceptance and full friendship from that girl at their high school. 

That......or she's just the best of the bunch.   Other than Maci, Chelsea is by far the most well adjusted, responsible mom of the franchise.  Actually, I'd put her above Maci because she hasn't had any "miracle" pregnancies while pounding six packs.  She seems to have kept the same friends since her original episode as well and they've never come across as bitchy to me.  It's okay NOT to snark on someone on this show, there doesn't need to be some stealth, secret reason why we should hate them.  Statistically speaking, SOMEONE has to turn out alright out of this lot.  Looks like it's going to be our girl, Chelsea.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

ITA.  Chelsea's behavior shows otherwise. It is not like with Maci who has, in fact, shown mean girl behavior and a real ugly side to her all because she is self-centered and got all butt hurt by the attention another cast member has received.

TOTALLY agree.  Maci gives off strong mean girl vibes.  Chelsea does not.  At all.  At least in my opinion.  She honestly seems really down to earth.  Her make-up drives me insane and the baby voice grates but I've never gotten an unkind vibe from her at all.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Quita said:

Her hair is bad and it looks to me like more than half of it is extensions or some sort of weave.

She apparently flew to another state and paid over $1000 for that fright wig look. Idiot.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Oh that's nothing. Look at this one.

leah-messer-skinny.jpg

When I saw this particular moment, I paused the screen and laughed at that witch nose again. I can't get past it when I see her profile.

Ugh...the deep lines around her nose and going down to her mouth. Her cheeks have that sunken in look.

47 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I had to pause the show and when I went back to it, I just had to take a screenshot- Leah is a hot mess.

IMG_3980.JPG

Frame her face and it would look like those meth face mug shots.

• Love 2

Leah posted this picture fairly recently, I believe...

It was posted recently; I can't verify that it was taken recently. It is supposedly a makeup free picture but I am pretty sure she's wearing eyeliner and the lighting is pretty soft.  Nonetheless, she looks...not bad. I don't think this could be very recent though because she has not been a brunette in quite some time.

leah-messer-no-makeup-selfie.png.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

She apparently flew to another state and paid over $1000 for that fright wig look. Idiot.

And she kept messing with it the entire time she was onscreen.  It drove me nutty!

• Love 3

Leah really does look sickly thin.  It's not genetic, obviously, considering her mother and sister.  She eats total shit so it's not diet.  She's either got an eating disorder or she's on the pillses again.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

I don't see Mean Girl there for either of them.  Mean Girl trophy goes to Farrah though, no doubt.  She's cruel and enjoys being so.  

I don't know about Chelsea so much but definitely see it with Maci. There are different types of "mean girl" behavior. There are the girls who are out front rude and vile and then there are those who are sneakily mean and get others to do their dirty work so that they can keep their angelic reputation. I totally see that with Maci. To be honest, if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather be friends with Farrah. At least I'd know what I was getting into. Farrah is definitely not sneaky-she lays it all out in front of you. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Leah posted this picture fairly recently, I believe...

It was posted recently; I can't verify that it was taken recently. It is supposedly a makeup free picture but I am pretty sure she's wearing eyeliner and the lighting is pretty soft.  Nonetheless, she looks...not bad. I don't think this could be very recent though because she has not been a brunette in quite some time.

leah-messer-no-makeup-selfie.png.jpg

Nah, my naturally dirty blonde hair looks like that when it's damp, dirty, in darker lighting or hasn't been touched up in a while. 

• Love 1

Finally got around to watching this-- hope they actually use the wheelchair at home. She's gotten worse with the falling because of her lack of use. Corey is in deep deep denial-- he's "seen improvement?" No, her activities are what are injuring her. 

I just really hope they listen to the doctor this time. 

24 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Leah really does look sickly thin.  It's not genetic, obviously, considering her mother and sister.  She eats total shit so it's not diet.  She's either got an eating disorder or she's on the pillses again.

Agree. I don't know if she actually has an eating disorder or she's just really stressed all the time and her appetite is gone. Whenever I've been really despondent in the past, I can't eat. Leah lost a lot of weight when she and Corey divorced, but nothing like now. I think Leah's lost at least 30 pounds from when she and Jeremy first split, maybe closer to 40. 30-40 pounds for someone who was already in the normal range of healthy weight is pretty massive.

You know what drives me nuts though? When someone makes a comment about her emaciated frame on Instagram/twitter etc., and some chick pipes up, some people are just skinny, you know! I eat and eat and eat and I look just like Leah! Like, first off, are you defending Leah or humblebragging about your own small frame, under the pretense of defending Leah? Second, um, Leah has been on screen since 2009. That's ample time to determine whether someone has lost of a lot of weight or always had a freak metabolism like Maci. Leah is obviously the former.

• Love 8

Oh god, I'd never be friend with Farrah.  I'd rather shove a spoon in my eye.  

I'd be friends with most of the Teen Moms.  I'd give most a chance.  Not Farrah.  When people enjoy showing people they are beneath them and then reveling in it, yeah, no thanks.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Agree. I don't know if she actually has an eating disorder or she's just really stressed all the time and her appetite is gone. Whenever I've been really despondent in the past, I can't eat. Leah lost a lot of weight when she and Corey divorced, but nothing like now. I think Leah's lost at least 30 pounds from when she and Jeremy first split, maybe closer to 40. 30-40 pounds for someone who was already in the normal range of healthy weight is pretty massive.

You know what drives me nuts though? When someone makes a comment about her emaciated frame on Instagram/twitter etc., and some chick pipes up, some people are just skinny, you know! I eat and eat and eat and I look just like Leah! Like, first off, are you defending Leah or humblebragging about your own small frame, under the pretense of defending Leah? Second, um, Leah has been on screen since 2009. That's ample time to determine whether someone has lost of a lot of weight or always had a freak metabolism like Maci. Leah is obviously the former.

Total humblebrag.  And I'm the same as you when I'm stressed or anxious.  I cannot eat.  Considering the camera adds 10 pounds, I can only imagine how she looks in person.  You can see the skin hanging off her bones!  That's not just a crazy metabolism like Maci (lucky bitch), that's an indicator of something being wrong.  Eating disorder, drug dependency, unhealthy levels of stress and anxiety or whatever.   It's not healthy.

• Love 5