Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: The Chicago Way

• Start Topic

Sara told Darhk his future, has no problem with Stein changing history, and now gives up the amulet.  She needs to stop breaking history, and man, she can really never blast Barry anymore.

Ray, never stop being a giant dork.  Mick, never stop being you, and Stein don't stop calling Jax Jefferson.

Rip being a director is pretty darn cool.

• Love 1

Maybe I missed it . . . what is the point of Malcolm? He's a bitch. Yes, he's played by John Barrowman, who is awesome, but Damien brings the smarm and cunning. Why did Damien and Cap'n Eo pluck him, presumably from 2016?

Nice to have Snart back, albeit as a hallucination. I miss the heavy sarcasm. Surprised he didn't give Mick shit about giving his gun to Ray.

Still undecided as who is the biggest goober on the ship. That was Ray's position, but Nate tries so damn hard at being a putz.

Sara? Still awesome. Granted, Ray could probably kick Malcolm's ass, but she was in good form. And she doesn't want to eliminate Lily.

Rip doing a sci-fi show about his life in 1967? Okay, then. Less depressing a cliffhanger than the other DCCW shows.

• Love 5

It wasn't the best episode but it was a fun one and a decent way to end the first half of the season. 

The Legion of Doom are a fun trio to have together. I'm hoping we see Malcolms initial reaction to learning that he was teaming up with a past DD considering how scared of DD, Malcolm was.

Sara vs. Malcolm was a long time coming and it was enjoyable to see her kick his ass.

I don't know what Sara was planning on doing about Stein having a daughter since it's part of reality now, the memories are flooding through (though I am guessing they are going to ignore Rays memories being slightly altered since he knew Stein pre-Arrow)

I feel like they are setting up Amaya/Mick to fall for one another but I am really not here for it. I like her single. But I still need them to address her being out of her time for so long. 

Rip is creating movies now? Isn't that a little dangerous? 

4 minutes ago, Jediknight said:

Sara told Darhk his future, has no problem with Stein changing history, and now gives up the amulet.  She needs to stop breaking history, and man, she can really never blast Barry anymore.

She had a problem with Stein inadvertently changing history and she chose saving saving Stein over the amulet, it isn't exactly the same as Barry being selfish and going back in time to save his parents twice. She didn't break history at all from what we can see at the moment. 

• Love 1

Really liked Sara's understanding of Stein even if I don't agree.   Her acknowledging that the "Legends" are a family is very touching because of how genuine it came across.   Awesome fight scene with Malcom, who I'm hoping finally gets his ultimate comeuppance on this show.

Nate and Ray were hysterical to me.   Feuding like two children on a playground during recess.

Liked the Mick and Amaya scenes.  Though to me, it just came off as friendship.   I think the chemistry allows the potential to be there but I think the writing points them towards friendship.   Though I think she has very good chemistry with both Mick and Nate.   She's such a solitary character and naively heroic in comparison to our other protagonist.   And absolutely gorgeous by the way.   I think she is definitely one of the most beautiful women in the DCU TV Verse.  Wow.

• Love 9

I loved this episode. It was exciting. The 1920's Gangster back drop probably helped. I don't know what they are doing with Amaya and Mick. We don't really need a relationship that will end because the one of them is destined for someone else.  

Sara was awesome tonight. I'm glad she got to kick Malcolm's ass for killing her. And she found out that he was the entire reason the Gambit sank. Sara made a choice to save her team members life. Plus I'm still waiting to see if the Legends are even changing history. I haven't see much evidence of that yet. Maybe what they are doing was always what happened. Sara told Ra's to send Nyssa to rescue her from Lian Yu. If she didn't tell him that would Nyssa still have showed up? Didn't Rip say that sometimes things are meant to happen and even if you try to change it, it will still happen just in a different way or something?

On that note I wasn't expecting to see Rip. Or rather American director Rip. The Cold fake out again was annoying. It did show me how much I missed him. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Didn't Rip say that sometimes things are meant to happen and even if you try to change it, it will still happen just in a different way or something?

I believe so. It was something related to his family. He tried a bunch of times to save his wife and son but they always got killed, and I think he came to realize it wasn't something he could undo, as much as he desperately wanted to.

This was a fun episode, I agree. Though Ray and Nate interacting just goes to show what a lot of us have been saying. Nate is basically Ray-lite, and we already have the real thing so what do we need him for?

Thawne knows history. So does Dark, in a more direct way since he lived through so much of it. I'm not entirely sure what Malcolm brings to the table, other than he is played by John Barrowman, but I still like the three of them together. Though if we're taking suggestions for other members of the Legion of Doom I vote for Grodd and Astra.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 4

Really enjoyed this episode.  Legends of Tomorrow knows how to make this wacky stuff fun.  Timeless is also a really fun show and the two of them, while very similar, really do a great job with their various missions.

I know you can’t expect historical accuracy on this show but once again, Elliot Ness was NOT an FBI Agent (although they did call it by its then name of Bureau of Investigation).  He was a Treasury Agent and his actions, while disruptive to Capone’s business, had nothing to do with Capone’s eventual downfall.

I do like how Sara has embraced the mission and the family of the team.  Though I found her speech to Malcolm to be badly acted by CL.

Victor Garber continues to kill it with the daughter storyline and even playing evil Thawne.

Sara’s fight with Malcolm was awesome.  Rory continues to have some of the best storylines on this show.  Vixen seems to be getting really close to him.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Plus I'm still waiting to see if the Legends are even changing history. I haven't see much evidence of that yet. Maybe what they are doing was always what happened. Sara told Ra's to send Nyssa to rescue her from Lian Yu. If she didn't tell him that would Nyssa still have showed up? Didn't Rip say that sometimes things are meant to happen and even if you try to change it, it will still happen just in a different way or something?

I hope not since I just hate that kind of time loop stuff, but even if it were like that, everything can't be pre-destined since Stein has outrighted changed the past. 

When one of them (can't remember who) asked why did they kidnapped just Sara and Martin, I obviously went to the "Well, even Eobard has already figured out those two are the ones preventing the Legends from being a complete madhouse!"  Especially with Ray and Nate becoming full-blown children in this one.  Eobard knows who are the parents of this family!

While I'm still not entirely sure why Eobard needs either Malcolm or Damien for his grand plan, the "Legions of Doom" continue to be vasty improvement over Vandal Savage from last season.  All three actors are having a ball, and they are actually threatening in their own ways.  Having them the big baddies of this season was certainly the right call.

Mick's plan being a success was great!  He really is coming in his own this season.  Enjoyed his scenes with Amaya too.  While I'm not sure I want anything romantic happening between them, I like the relationship they are building.  Amaya/Vixen has been a great addition to this season.

Was disappointed that Snart ended up just being a hallucination.  Should have known those CW promos were up to something!  I still hope Eobard needs him for some random reason, and bails him out.

Sara giving the amulet to save Martin will no doubt cause huge problems going forward, but I liked seeing that side of their relationship again.  I like the respect they have for one another, and how Caity Lotz and Victor Garber play off one another.  When Malcolm tried to convince her at first by promising to never have her get shipwrecked, I was like "No, Sara!  You'll never meet Nyssa!"  Sure, sure, a lot of bad shit happened to her after that incident, but getting to make out with Katrina Law makes up for a lot of it!

Seriously, though: Ray and Nate really have become the squabbling kids in the backseat of the car, and Sara is so close to turning the car around and taking them back home!

We finally find Rip!  He's a director in 1967, making films about his journeys?  And is speaking in an American accent?!

Solid mid-season finale.  So, it's now moving to Tuesdays, after The Flash, huh?  On one hand, that should be a solid enough of a pairing.  But does this mean The CW doesn't have much faith in this show?  I thought their idea was to have each night (besides Friday) have a DC show, but I guess plans have changed.

• Love 8

So, it's now moving to Tuesdays, after The Flash, huh?  On one hand, that should be a solid enough of a pairing.  But does this mean The CW doesn't have much faith in this show?  I thought their idea was to have each night (besides Friday) have a DC show, but I guess plans have changed.

They need room for their new Berlanti show, Riverdale. 

I'm think were getting a FOB watch scenario with Rip. He had his memory altered to stay hidden in the time period he's in. But his memory are bleeding through hence making a movie about himself.

I love seeing CL fight everyone's stunt double. 

tumblr_ohwegcYdfn1qiiay5o4_250.gif

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't know what Sara was planning on doing about Stein having a daughter since it's part of reality now, the memories are flooding through (though I am guessing they are going to ignore Rays memories being slightly altered since he knew Stein pre-Arrow)

I feel like they are setting up Amaya/Mick to fall for one another but I am really not here for it. I like her single. But I still need them to address her being out of her time for so long. 

Unless Stein and Ray had some special relationship in college, I doubt Ray had much knowledge of (or interest in) Stein's personal situation off-campus.  Meanwhile, Sara isn't planning to do a damned thing about Stein's insta-daughter aside from protect her the way she would any of the rest of the team.

They pretty much addressed the Amaya situation in the 1980s episode.  She never came back to the 1940s.  As for the effect that had on the other Vixen, who knows?  Maybe Flashpoint stuff erased her.  Maybe Amaya was the Vixen that helped disassemble the idol thing instead.  I like this version of Vixen better, so I'm cool with whatever.

As for why Eobard recruited Malcolm Merlyn, he knows Sara is the Legends leader now and Malcolm knows Sara and how she thinks.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2

I loved this episode. I thought it was the strongest of the three Mid season finales, and fittingly, I thought this show has been the strongest of the three DC shows this year.

32 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm think were getting a FOB watch scenario with Rip. He had his memory altered to stay hidden in the time period he's in. But his memory are bleeding through hence making a movie about himself.

I swear, if this show gets any more Doctor Who, they might as well start each episode with this

• Love 3

speaking of Doctor Who,if John Barrowman becomes a full time cast member,i dont think we'll ever get around to having that big Torchwood revival lol

Since theyre calling themselves the Legion Of Doom i was expecting to see the headquarters that bears an uncanny resemblance to the face of a certain Star Wars villain(though it likely wouldnt happen cause Disney/Lucasfilm's lawyers would pay the writers a visit)

What a difference a season makes. I still can't believe that this show- that was such a train wreck last season- is the best of the DC shows currently on right now. Sure, it's got its issues: Nate continues to be annoying; its time travel conceit is still pretty wonky and uneven; they still don't use the character's powers very well; Vixen isn't written or performed the best.

But they're improving on the powers; Vixen- while not the best actress- is much better than the combined duo of Hawkman and woman, and she's getting better as that character starts to find its mark; it's a bit easier to reality check the time travel wonkiness at the door this season than last, largely because the plot isn't quite as tightly interwoven with it (and because it is still less screwy than the stuff they pull on the Flash on a regular basis). As for Nate... well, 3 out of 4 is still passing.

Nice to see Snart back, even if it is just as Heatwave's anti-Jiminy Cricket (and I'm not sure he's not going to turn out to be some kind of telempathic projection of the real Snart who is working with the League of MuahahaEeevil! After all, we saw Thawne pull Darhk from a time prior to his death). Mick continues to shine and steal every scene he's in.

Sara is awesome as always. Jax is hella improved from last season.

I'm also really loving Thawne. Matt Letscher never really got much of a chance to do anything on the Flash. Certainly not in the first season, where he probably would have been overshadowed by Tom Cavanagh's amazing dual performance there. I liked his return in season 2 and early in season, but he was only around for one episode each. He hasn't been on too much here so far, but I frankly think he's the best of the villainous bunch by far. McDonough's Darhk is too over the top for my tastes, and I'm just kind of tired of the Xanatos Gambit style character that is Malcolm Merlyn. In each scene he's in, Thawne is the most brilliant man in the room and knows it, and manages to convey all his insight, scheming, and menace without hamming it up.o

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, TDT said:

speaking of Doctor Who,if John Barrowman becomes a full time cast member,i dont think we'll ever get around to having that big Torchwood revival lol

Since theyre calling themselves the Legion Of Doom i was expecting to see the headquarters that bears an uncanny resemblance to the face of a certain Star Wars villain(though it likely wouldnt happen cause Disney/Lucasfilm's lawyers would pay the writers a visit)

1. Did you see Children Of Earth and Miracle Day? I'm okay with no Torchwood.

2. Seeing how Eobard/Wells had the Hall of Justice behind STAR Labs, of course there's gonna be a headquarters that resembles the gulag from Kingdom Come.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, TDT said:

Count me in with Lantern7 in not caring if there's ever a Torchwood revival.

That said, I'd love it if they could find a role in one of the DC shows for James Marsters. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

2. Seeing how Eobard/Wells had the Hall of Justice behind STAR Labs, of course there's gonna be a headquarters that resembles the gulag from Kingdom Come.

I think @TDT was referring to the evil HQ in this (which was easily the best of the Super Friends series):

2 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

That said, I'd love it if they could find a role in one of the DC shows for James Marsters. 

since it looks like the Green Lantern Corps movie may probably never happen they should bite the bullet and make a television version..he'd make for a good Hal Jordan or Guy Gardner

4 minutes ago, TDT said:

since it looks like the Green Lantern Corps movie may probably never happen they should bite the bullet and make a television version..he'd make for a good Hal Jordan or Guy Gardner

They've had enough hints and winks about Hal and Coast City on Flash, they might as well do something.

Rip! So glad to see him and that was totally unexpected how we saw him.

I loved Saras speech to Malcolm and how she beat him in their battle in the Waverider.

I loved all the Mick/Vixen scenes.

Nate and Ray are just way too similar.

I was underwhelmed with Snarts "return."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TDT said:

I think he's a bit old for either character.  The man is 54.  But I would totally watch him as Sinestro.

• Love 1

I love the way that Thawne is such an unapologetic, unmitigated asshole.  Merlyn is still convinced in his own head that he's the hero of the story.  Even Darkh is about necessary evil more than anything else.  Thawne is fine being the villain of his story, taking a pride and joy at doing bad shit and loving every second of it.  He's what Vandal Savage should have been in the first season.

• Love 8

When I first saw the previews for the Snart hallucination, I wasn't quite sure where TPTB were going...

After this past Tuesday's Flash episode, and the revelation of Savitar being able to impersonate dead people, I can see how he is returning from his poorly-thought-out-prison. Jeez, Barry, maybe sending him into the Speed Force/time stream was not the best idea...

(on a plus, maybe another crossover?)

• Love 4

Thawne has been great and has really shined on Legends of Tomorrow

I'm going to miss having Legends air on Thursday.  It was the perfect kind of fun show to watch on Thursday night to begin to wind down my work week.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed the episode. I wondered what would be up with Snart. Oh well it was still nice seeing him. I do worry about Mick though. He's getting more and more lost. It was awesome Malcolm vs Sara. That was a long time coming. It was sweet she chose Stein. She's kind of finally back to the point she was before rejoining the LOA in Arrow s2.  I continue to like Thawne. And The LOD together. And finally, Rip Hunter is back!! Not where I figured he'd be in time. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed this. The rivalry with Nate and Ray amused me, along with Sara's reaction. The 20s setting was fun and I liked Mick's hallucinations. 

I worry about Stein's daughter since she was mentioned when the evil speedster was disguised as Stein. 

With LoT moving to Tuesday, I guess they'll be #3 in the next crossover instead of the finale. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kilcanon said:

When I first saw the previews for the Snart hallucination, I wasn't quite sure where TPTB were going...

After this past Tuesday's Flash episode, and the revelation of Savitar being able to impersonate dead people, I can see how he is returning from his poorly-thought-out-prison. Jeez, Barry, maybe sending him into the Speed Force/time stream was not the best idea...

(on a plus, maybe another crossover?)

Oh, damn! I didn't even think about that! 

• Love 2

And the most improved player in the Arrowverse award goes to...Legends! *round of applause*

Seriously, this has been a really fun, solid half season, that has fixed a lot of the problems it has last season, and has avoided a lot of the issues that plague its counterparts elsewhere in the Arrowverse (pointless characters, lame melodrama, characters being written like idiots), and while its not perfect, its still a show I looks forward to every week, and does not make me strain my head rolling my eyes just about every week! 

The only three complaints I really have about this season was no Rip (who has finally returned!), and Nate is still pretty lame, but he isn't that bad. He is just kind of around being a Ray knock off, he hasn't taken over the show or anything, and the lack of Snart, who its still possible could pop up again. All the other characters have really hit their stride, and their dynamics with each other are really fun and interesting, and the other new member, Amaya, is a pretty solid addition. I wish they did more with her powers and her culture clash being from the 40s with a bunch of modern day people traveling through time, but I do like her, and the actress does a good job. I hope they dont do romance between her and Mick, I like them as friends. Besides, we all know Ray is going to be Micks post Snart rebound :) 

I've been waiting for a roaring 20s episode for awhile, and this was a really nice outing (although a Boardwalk Empire crossover would have been pretty kickass), and everyone looked great in their period clothes. Ray really does look like a 20s G Man. Speaking of, putting Ray and Nate together had some funny moments (especially Sara having to be all Time Mom on them), but it also highlights how Nate is basically a lesser Ray, which they probably shouldn't be putting up for the audience so much. 

Victor Garber is great as always, and he brings a real gravitas to the whole series. he and Sara are great together, and I loved all their talks. I also liked how they could tell right away that Stein wasn't Stein because he called Jax Jax, instead of Jefferson! 

Rip has returned...kind of. He may or may not think he is an American director in the 60s, which could lead to some great shenanigans after break. I hope he gets back to normal and with the team soon, and he and Sara can become co leaders. Hearing Rip with an American accent is all kinds of weird. 

Cant wait for this show to come back!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8

I think Mick was extra sulky because he had 2 minutes of bro'ing with Ray as partners before Ray was able to get more dwarf star, remake his suit, and start bro'ing with Nate. I think Mick's loneliness and different perspective are really getting to him. It seems like he's increasingly isolated. He mostly got into this because of Snart. Even after Snart died, you got the sense that he stayed in to honor his friend. But after all of this time, the person he's closest to is Ray and unfortunately Ray is neglecting Mick. I think Mick is staying on the team because he can't think of anything better to do.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Mick was extra sulky because he had 2 minutes of bro'ing with Ray as partners before Ray was able to get more dwarf star, remake his suit, and start bro'ing with Nate. I think Mick's loneliness and different perspective are really getting to him. It seems like he's increasingly isolated. He mostly got into this because of Snart. Even after Snart died, you got the sense that he stayed in to honor his friend. But after all of this time, the person he's closest to is Ray and unfortunately Ray is neglecting Mick. I think Mick is staying on the team because he can't think of anything better to do.

Which, under @Kilcanon's theory, makes him a prime target for Savitar's manipulation. 

• Love 3

I love seeing Rip again. Though I'm disappointed that it wasn't Rip shacking up with Jonah. Only this goofy show would have Rip hiding as an American director in the 60s, who seems to be a lower rent version of Roger Corman. Naturally he would mine his own life as material for his films.

It would be hilarious if a future intellectual who learns how to travel through time happens on Rip's films and is inspired to create the Time Masters. It's not exactly Philip J Fry being his own grandfather, but I can see this show attempting it just based on the H G Wells c-story.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

Even though it was cool to see Snart and Rip again, I really hope they stay recurring/occasional characters.  Right now we have Sara, Stein, Jax, Mick, Amaya, Ray and Nate plus Gideon.  That's already eight beings interacting in any given episode.  Adding back Rip and Snart would make ten and would effectively neuter other characters.  Snart's already a master criminal, so we wouldn't have gotten Mick rising up last night to lead the other in fighting Capone like a criminal.  Rip makes Nate into nothing but a walking bulletproof vest, turns Jax back into little more than the active part of Firestorm (instead of mechanic/engineer) and demotes Sara to "first officer" or somesuch.  I like watching the characters growing into their roles on the team and the return of Rip and Snart would sidetrack that, I think.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 3

This was a great episode, so much fun! I loved Ray's "We're standing right here, you know." LOL

Still find Nate annoying. I feel like Nate is a way more annoying version of Ray and I don't need that, plus taking time away from the rest of the team that I like. 

Nate can leave and Rip can come back. Perfect!

I thought they were going towards a Nate and Amaya thing, with the way they framed the scene a couple episodes ago with the older version of the JSA member. Don't want any romances with either Mick or Nate for Amaya. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Even though it was cool to see Snart and Rip again, I really hope they stay recurring/occasional characters.  Right now we have Sara, Stein, Jax, Mick, Amaya, Ray and Nate plus Gideon.  That's already eight beings interacting in any given episode.  Adding back Rip and Snart would make ten and would effectively neuter other characters.  Snart's already a master criminal, so we wouldn't have gotten Mick rising up last night to lead the other in fighting Capone like a criminal.  Rip makes Nate into nothing but a walking bulletproof vest, turns Jax back into little more than the active part of Firestorm (instead of mechanic/engineer) and demotes Sara to "first officer" or somesuch.  I like watching the characters growing into their roles on the team and the return of Rip and Snart would sidetrack that, I think.

Snart is only recurring/occasional, AFAIK, but Rip is still main cast.  (That's why his name was back in the regular credits this episode.)  Per a few articles, his disappearance was just to finish up Broadchurch.  From the sound of it, he'll be back from here on out.  That doesn't necessarily mean a demotion for Sara though.  (Jax was actually mechanic/engineer last season as well.)  There are a lot of directions they can go from here.

I'm actually liking Mick and Amaya more than I thought I would.  I credit the actors.  I wouldn't have imagined the characters would be attracted to each other, but I think Richardson and Purcell are selling it.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 2

With all the years he spent training with the Time Masters to become Chronos, Mick IS a lot more intelligent than he acts. Not Stein-level or anything. He just prefers to solve problems by setting people on fire or punching them than using his words.

• Love 9

I'd go a bit further and say that's not just his preference, but literally all he's been conditioned by life to do. He's actually a smart guy, but none of his crew mates (save possibly Amaya and Ray) really believe that - witness how he gets busted on for low intelligence all the time; Jax did it in Invasion: Flash while the camera lingered on Mick's reaction; hell, even the goddamn AI is doing it now. Nobody expects him to be capable of making and implementing plans, and no one ever really tries to help him do so.

Mick is pretty much the human version of White Fang. The idea of him finally recognizing and reaching his potential as he becomes deprogrammed from all the harshness life has saddled him with is pretty much the most compelling character arc LoT has going for it right now, and all I hope is that they recognize it.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I enjoyed this. The rivalry with Nate and Ray amused me, along with Sara's reaction. The 20s setting was fun and I liked Mick's hallucinations. 

I worry about Stein's daughter since she was mentioned when the evil speedster was disguised as Stein. 

With LoT moving to Tuesday, I guess they'll be #3 in the next crossover instead of the finale. 

Unless they get move it to a different night next season.  But really, I hope they get a really nice viewer bump.  If people would just give it a chance this year, I think they'd be so very pleasantly surprised and hey, the big bad is one The Flash viewers actually know about.  They should want to know how else Barry mucked things up by Reverse Flash not being dead.  

13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I 100% agree with you.  It was the primary thing I was coming to post.  In the episode he even mentions he only has one friend, Amaya.  :(  Nate stole his friend and made him sad which means I have another reason to be annoyed with Nate.  

Sara's comment about Nate and Ray and sibling rivalry suddenly made me wonder if before they got Nate, they'd considered writing in Ray's brother.  It would explain why they write them so similar. I mean, it's not even just the lines, the actor playing Nate (I have not learned his name, lol) even delivers his lines at the same pace with a similar tone.  Kind of weirds me out.  

Still, like LoT has managed so many times before, the pairing worked for me in spite of my issues.  LOVED Mick getting to be in charge for once.  So much fun.   

12 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Which, under @Kilcanon's theory, makes him a prime target for Savitar's manipulation. 

If this actually ends up being tied together and yeah, the thought crossed my mind that maybe it could (cause so far there has been no explanation for why his talking to Ghost Snart), maybe the shows move to behind The Flash was always planned?  It would tie in the two shows nicely. Or maybe all the shows are just doing ghost sightings.  Even Arrow got "Laurel" on the MSF.  

10 hours ago, johntfs said:

Yeah, we're not getting Snart back regularly so that's not a concern but I do want Rip back and there's no reason to think he'd displace anyone.  He was already having Jax do repairs last year and he hated wrangling the team.  Sara is so much better at that than he was.  But we really don't have anyone pointing out how much a muck they are making of everything and I miss his exasperation.  Plus since he knows more than Nate, I really would enjoy him knocking that guy down a peg or two.  Or constantly.  His ego is getting to me.  

7 hours ago, johntfs said:

I kind of wish they'd do something where Mick gets a dose of super-intelligence for an episode.  I confess, I'd love to see Dominic do another take on John Doe.

I did laugh when Gideon basically said she has worked on repairing his brain damage.  I like to think she's referring to stuff they did to him as Chronos.  Gideon is usually pretty literal.  I don't recall her joking before.  (I could be forgetting it though)

Ha!  I never made the connection to John Doe at all. I watched this show and liked it.  Wow.  Mind blown.  Total different character. And he had Hair!  

• Love 4

Even thought the episode was fun, it aggravated me. Snart being a figment of Mick's imagination seemed pointless. Nate was being a d-bag toward Ray about letting Ness to go with the cops. Sara and Stein were being hypocritical assholes. Last week they were all over Barry and this week was all "Oh you love your time anomaly daughter, she can stay she is family". Barry's mom (and dad) were family to him. The writers and their inconsistency of time travel and changing it with the repercussions in this verse is boggling my mind. Are you telling me Barry allowing his mom to die again (which should have corrected the timeline) broke the timeline but then a late 20something woman who attended MIT and is a master in the field of nano technology has no far reaching effects on the timeline? I really hope we find out Lily is the cause of the disruption, because 20+ years of interaction with countless people should have had a massive effect on the timeline.

• Love 4

Another great episode. Although I worry about Mick. He seems to be having some kind of crisis poor thing. 

Reverse Flash is a great villain. I like the actor too. I was probably too enamoured with Tom Cavanagh being Reverse Flash while watching The Flash to pay attention to this version of Eobard but he's pretty good. 

On a more shallow note Ray looks dashing in 1920s gear *totally swoons*

BR looks like a Disney Prince!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I did laugh when Gideon basically said she has worked on repairing his brain damage.  I like to think she's referring to stuff they did to him as Chronos.  Gideon is usually pretty literal.  I don't recall her joking before.  (I could be forgetting it though)

I was watching one of the recap shows and someone suggested that maybe Gideon takes on  some of the personality of the person piloting the ship. With Captain Rip she was reserved and serious like he was, now with Captain Sara she's pragmatic and a little snarky. 

• Love 7
On 12/9/2016 at 2:04 AM, squidprincess said:

I think he's a bit old for either character.  The man is 54.  But I would totally watch him as Sinestro.

OK so I read this and thought..."54? Fuck that no way man! He's like in his late 30's or something!" and then I googled......I am not living my life right if that is what 54 is supposed to look like.

Anyway, great episode, I loved this show last season and I love it even more this season. I thought it was so cool when Amaya summoned her animal power and this time it was a dolphin! The only thing that just annoyed me about the episode was how childish Nate and Ray were acting. They could have portrayed that "bro-ing out" thing, that awkward male bonding thing, all of that without turning the two of them into 12 year olds but meh, such a monor thing to be annoyed with lol. I love this show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Does anyone know what that watch-like device Eobard had on his wrist was, that bleeped just as he was about to kill Amaya?

Was it his wrist-Gideon from Flash S1?

• Love 2

Good mid season finale. Liked the use of Eliot Ness and Al Capone in this one and seeing both Eobard and Damian recruit Malcolm into their evil little club had it's moments as well.

Seeing Sara kick the crap out of Malcolm was satisfying and I loved her scenes with Stein and Jax this week along with Mick and Amaya's scenes. Ray and Nate's grated a tiny bit though.

Nice enough use of Snart in the episode but I really do miss him full time.

What a way to reintroduce Rip though, it's pretty funny isn't it? 8/10

• Love 2