Type keyword(s) to search

Ryan: What the hell happened to him?

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

On 11/2/2017 at 11:54 PM, SheTalksShit said:

looks like Ryan to me! IDK what they mean by #cokelife, that is weird. 

Larry works for Coca-Cola (not sure what he does, but I read that he's employed by that specific beverage company) and that's why the Edwards family didn't have certain labeled/branded drinks blurred out on TV. I remember seeing cans of Coca-Cola products in the garage on an episode or two.

Mackenzie was probably referring to Ryan only drinking Coke as a way to "get high"...at least that's what I hope she meant!!!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Bridget said:

Larry works for Coca-Cola (not sure what he does, but I read that he's employed by that specific beverage company) and that's why the Edwards family didn't have certain labeled/branded drinks blurred out on TV. I remember seeing cans of Coca-Cola products in the garage on an episode or two.

Mackenzie was probably referring to Ryan only drinking Coke as a way to "get high"...at least that's what I hope she meant!!!

Oh! Well that makes sense then. Hey, does Coca Cola also own Bud Light or partner with them or something (don't know how that works) cause that would make even more sense. And maybe Maci gets lots of freebies. lol 

• Love 5
On 11/13/2017 at 4:32 PM, druzy said:

Of course they are because nothing strengthens a marriage like a do-over ceremony and reception because the groom was on benzos and opiates and banging other women during the first wedding 6 months ago. Best of luck!

• Love 17

Hey I'm Mackenzie!

Just a girl from Chattanooga, TN who is born and bred with class and just a dash of southern sass. I am 21 years old and a mom to Hudson and bonus mom to Bentley. I happened to fall in love with my best friend, Ryan Edwards almost 2 years ago. Everyday is new a journey for us..if you want to see what life looks like for us beyond the 10 mins of screen time and rose colored glasses... you've come to the right place. 

XOXO

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

She made her IG public again so people can see pictures of Ryan looking tweeked out of his mind? Sorry, but in her profile picture, and the most recent pictures she has posted of him, his eyes are completely bugged out...but I guess it's all worth it since that logo is her ACTUAL handwriting y'all!!!

• Love 15

Sweet Baby Jesus. I guess Mackenzie got what she wanted. It looks like she's peddling all sorts of crap on her Insta just like the actual TMs and has her very own blog. I will give her credit though--it looks like she can actually write a complete (thought not necessarily interesting) sentence, so she's ahead of a lot of the other ladies there. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

He's gotten really fat though, which, if my 90s memory serves me well, was always a sure sign Ben Affleck and Matthew Perry were (temporarily) clean.  I remember feeling vaguely sorry for them that they couldn't be both drug free and attractive, as their faces seriously bloated once they got clean.

On the other hand, I can't figure out what would encourage him to go through a vow renewal when 3 months ago he was filing for divorce, unless he needs drug money.

ETA:

Class?  Are you fucking serious Mackenzie? Pregnant in high school, divorced by 18, married to an unemployed drug addict that appears on a reality TV show about girls who get pregnant at age 16, married a guy who was under the influence during the wedding and almost ran off the road due to nodding off while driving, who picked text fights with girls Ryan propositioned while calling them sluts, who wrote and read aloud a letter on national TV blaming your husband's ex for his drug use that you claimed you had no idea of, despite living with him...oh, Mac, you just ooze class.

Speaking of oozing...seriously, get an STD test. And condoms are your friends.

Clearly the schools aren't well in Chattanooga either if that's her definition of class. Jesus God, Mac!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Birdee said:

Sweet Baby Jesus. I guess Mackenzie got what she wanted. It looks like she's peddling all sorts of crap on her Insta just like the actual TMs and has her very own blog. I will give her credit though--it looks like she can actually write a complete (thought not necessarily interesting) sentence, so she's ahead of a lot of the other ladies there. 

I see she's also rocking braces so she can be ready for her close-ups. She's definitely working her plan.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Tatum said:

He's gotten really fat though, which, if my 90s memory serves me well, was always a sure sign Ben Affleck and Matthew Perry were (temporarily) clean.  I remember feeling vaguely sorry for them that they couldn't be both drug free and attractive, as their faces seriously bloated once they got clean.

Ha! I love you. 

Yep, Ryan has gained some weight and I took that to mean he was clean like a sober Chandler Bing, too :)

• Love 11
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Ha! I love you. 

Yep, Ryan has gained some weight and I took that to mean he was clean like a sober Chandler Bing  Ms. Chanandler Bong too :)

I hope it's ok that I fixed it for you. :)

• Love 11

Part of Ryan's therapy could include medication for a previously undiagnosed condition. Many people end up having substance abuse problems because they are self-medicating. If Ryan suffered from depression or anxiety I could definitely see him self-medicating instead of going to the doctor. It is hard for men to admit that they need counseling or help with mental health issues. My own husband refused to see a doctor or therapist after our son died, even though he was suicidal and clearly in need of some medical assistance. So Ryan COULD very well be on something now that is treating an underlying condition-and that is okay. In fact, it would be great it if means that he is no longer trying to treat himself. There is nothing wrong with needing benzos or opioids for treating actual conditions-as long as you're under the care of an actual doctor.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Ryan? There is something "off" there. And even though I am generally not a fan of his, I can't help but feel that the people in his life have failed him. Mack is in it for her own reasons. His parents' self-indulgent behavior, and denial, certainly isn't doing him any favors. I realize that he is an adult and makes his own choices but still...

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 15

I still have never really "gotten" the Mackenzie Ryan match. They just really don't seem like a match at all to me.

And, they say she is 21???? Am I not understanding something here? Sorry for my ignorance but is that true? I am the WORST judge of age but I cannot belie

ve she is 21.

• Love 15

I think the issue with Ryan is likely that he got hooked on NEEDED painkillers after his car accident, and it spiraled out of control from there. I DO feel a bit bad for him; because, having worked as a pharmacy tech for years, I've seen just how easily that happens for people. And I do agree that the hardcore enablers in his family have done him no favors. 

But Ryan was a major prick from day one. And he has been largely uninvolved in his son's life, even before the drugs. So I think even without drugs he can be a pretty shitty person. 

And, YES, Mackenzie does NOT look 21. Their pairing is beyond weird, to me. But I think I've finally settled on her using him to get on TV. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And, YES, Mackenzie does NOT look 21. Their pairing is beyond weird, to me. But I think I've finally settled on her using him to get on TV. 

That much is clear, but what is HE getting out of it?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But Ryan was a major prick from day one. And he has been largely uninvolved in his son's life, even before the drugs. So I think even without drugs he can be a pretty shitty person. 

Oh yeah, no arguments here. Ryan has always been a prick. I guess I can still see his dickish ways and not like him, and yet still feel sympathy for him as well. I think he has potential-unlike Jenelle who, to me, is just a sociopath. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Oh yeah, no arguments here. Ryan has always been a prick. I guess I can still see his dickish ways and not like him, and yet still feel sympathy for him as well. I think he has potential-unlike Jenelle who, to me, is just a sociopath. 

I'll agree with you there. I mainly see Ryan as a SUPER coddled brat. But maybe if people stopped enabling him and forced him to stand on his own two feet for once in his life, he might be able to get it together. Jenelle is literally unredeemable. 

• Love 13
On 11/27/2017 at 1:45 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

She made her IG public again so people can see pictures of Ryan looking tweeked out of his mind? Sorry, but in her profile picture, and the most recent pictures she has posted of him, his eyes are completely bugged out...but I guess it's all worth it since that logo is her ACTUAL handwriting y'all!!!

And didn't she say that she wanted a more private life? Make your accounts private and get a fucking job.

• Love 13

So, she's getting a Being Mackenzie special. Big deal. Most of the ancillary characters have had one, Mac, and it didn't lead to an entire spinoff series. I can't imagine people are lining up to watch footage of Ryan sleeping while Mac valley girl talks to the camera.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Tatum said:

So, she's getting a Being Mackenzie special. Big deal. Most of the ancillary characters have had one, Mac, and it didn't lead to an entire spinoff series. I can't imagine people are lining up to watch footage of Ryan sleeping while Mac valley girl talks to the camera.

That didn't take long. As soon as the show is over and the money dries up she'll be gone.

• Love 4

A Being Mac special isn't a huge deal in theory, but the girl has been around one hot minute. IMO, the people who have earned it are the ones who've been around for years. She's probably the most fame hungry leech to come on this show. And I'm not sure what I'd find interesting about the life of a 21-year-old channeling the life of a 41-year-old, all the while pretending her boyfriend isn't so fucking high he can't see straight. 

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

A Being Mac special isn't a huge deal in theory, but the girl has been around one hot minute. IMO, the people who have earned it are the ones who've been around for years. She's probably the most fame hungry leech to come on this show...

She is, but MTV doesn't give a shit about who earned it and who has seniority. Mac is willing to discuss personal details about an addict who has been on camera for 8 years, and she's willing to get into catfights with anyone as long as the cameras are rolling. Mac has Farrah levels of hate right now, and I bet MTV is banking on people hate watching, even though, like you, I suspect the actual finished product will be a total snoozefest.

They probably totally snowed her, telling her that if the ratings are high enough, she'll get her own spinoff, in order to get her to amp up the drama. So, she'll look like even more of an asshole than she usually does, and it will probably be for naught.

• Love 9

I'm totally upset that MTV is doing a "Being Mac" special before doing "Being Papa Randy," "Being Janet," "Being Suzi," and "Being Pete the Pig" specials. UGGHHHHH. Priorities, MTV. Priorities. 

(I'm stoked that they haven't done a "Being David" though. Hahahahaha, UBT.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18
On 11/27/2017 at 0:41 PM, druzy said:

? THIRSTY MUCH?!

On 11/28/2017 at 10:12 AM, FlowerofCarnage said:

So does Ryan treat Hudson like a little brother too?

Probably more like a disinterested second cousin.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:13 PM, Tatum said:

That much is clear, but what is HE getting out of it?

A thirsty enabler who will buy his bullshit and mommy him....someone like his own mother. 

9 hours ago, Tatum said:

So, she's getting a Being Mackenzie special. 

? ? 

2 hours ago, Birdee said:

Jesus God, MTV. Another, "Being" special? I feel they're just a few special away from a " Being Weird Previously TV People Who Have Too Much Time on Their Hands." 

I’ll sign the release just to go off about my new TM “cast mates” on air! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, meredithalmighty said:

Debz must feel so slighted by Mac getting her own special before her. LOL

3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Hasn't there been a Being Debra already?

Yes.  Oh Dear God, yes.  It was... something else.

• Love 6

Glad to hear that Deb wasn't slighted, I guess. She is hard to watch because she seems to have mental health struggles 

Does anyone know the story on Hudson's dad? I'm surprised he consented to have Hudson filmed. All that the media outlets are reporting is that Mac pays child support. I'm just curious if anyone knows if Ryan's alleged substance abuse was brought up or what type of visitation Mackenzie has. She seemed disinterested in Hudson in one of the preview clips

• Love 6

I just remember the last time that we watched Ryan disappear for HOURS to get high and Mr. Guilfoyle said something like "wow, his dealer must really hate him." Like, makes him wait around for HOURS, probably in some stupid parking lot. blowing him off constantly until he (or she) is done with everyone else. Just because Ryan is such a demanding little douche. 

And yeah, I still feel sorry for Ryan a tiny bit because he has to deal with St. Maci, but he's fucked up a lot over the years. And I know it's the addiction. But Jesus God Rhine, get your shit together. 

• Love 10

I can't believe people forgot about Being Debra. OMG.

I hope Ryan does take Maci to court to get visitation and I hope the judge orders him to pass sobriety tests before getting him. We all know that this loser won't pass them. There may actually be real consequences for his actions for once. What will Jen do to get her Bentley fix then? She and Larry will lose their minds but find some way to blame it all on Maci, not their idiot manchild son.

• Love 20

...Well, and then we can always add in what I read on The Ashley a few hours ago, about her and Ryan leaving their future babies "up to God's plan and design" or some such nonsense. Oh! and that shes in nursing school, but she had to put it on hold because she "works for a living" and that Ryan is both a lineman and a diesel mechanic. My personal favorite reply on that sight was that the shit Ryan snorts must be what qualifies him as a lineman.

• Love 14