Type keyword(s) to search

Ryan: What the hell happened to him?

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

With that said, I don't believe Maci was protecting Bentley. If she was, she never would have mentioned anything at all. Or was it the alcohol talking in Puerto Rico? Protecting Bentley is what she should have done long ago if Ryan was a druggie since 2012, according to Dalis. If Dalis' information is true, that means Maci knew for five years AT LEAST that Ryan was into drugs. How was she protecting Bentley then? She could have gone to court, but she didn't. Something tells me she probably thought it would put her in a bad light with the Edwards and there goes her free babysitting so she could go off and party. 

BINGO. I think this assessment is spot on, @GreatKazu.

Plus, Maci's drinking while she was obviously pregnant gives me pause. Perhaps she didn't want to say anything because she thought the Edwardses & company would accuse her of also being an addict herself (alcoholic). Or perhaps she just didn't really worry if Bentley rode around in a car driven by a guy out of his mind on pills...since we've seen she didn't seem to worry about practically doing keg stands while pregnant. (Obviously I don't buy that she didn't know she was pregnant until half way through the pregnancy.)

This whole thing has made me really sad for Bentley and upset with Maci, Jen, & Larry as far as their apparent lack of concern for Bentley........

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Well, we know Ryan goes to "the bank" for three hours at a time, meaning he probably had to stop by the ATM, withdraw money, track down his dealer, and get really high. Going to "the gym" probably means going to his dealer's house, not finding him at home, going around to places the dealer frequents, then finding him at the gym....and meeting Mac while he was there...

(I wrote "him" for Ryan's dealer but of course the dealer could be a "her," too.)

Since this has been going on since 2012....I wish we could get some more tea out of the girls Ryan dated in between Dalis and Mac....like Shelby for example. And what about Kyle King...did he know Ryan was using or know if Maci knew? These people are really relatively tight-lipped compared to many Teen Mom-adjacent people. If this was Nathan, David, Adam, Amber, Jenelle, or Butch, I feel like their respective relatives, exes, and "friends" would have sold them out with this info and details long ago or exposed them in barely-readable Twitter rants. Why are these people so (relatively) mature? LOL. 

I'd LOVE to take Maci's mom out for a couple of glasses of wine right now. I wonder if how long Ryan's issues have gone on ignored/enabled is part of the reason why she isn't really on the show anymore.

I would imagine most of the girls between Dalis and Mac are pretty damn embarrassed about their relationships with Ryan, and would probably just rather let that association die. Particularly if it means they knew about it and enabled it.

Was Kyle King still in the picture in 2012? I think Maci and Taylor have been together since 2013 and I am not sure how long it was between the two of them. I think there was another boyfriend in between Kyle and Taylor.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I would imagine most of the girls between Dalis and Mac are pretty damn embarrassed about their relationships with Ryan, and would probably just rather let that association die. Particularly if it means they knew about it and enabled it.

Was Kyle King still in the picture in 2012? I think Maci and Taylor have been together since 2013 and I am not sure how long it was between the two of them. I think there was another boyfriend in between Kyle and Taylor.

Yes, Maci was dating another Kyle. Kyle King and Maci broke it off in late 2012. The second Kyle is Kyle Regal. He was into the motorcross lifestyle. She found out he was sexting with a girl and broke it off. I believe it was not even two months later she hooked up with Taylor. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From Jen's tweet

Sorry honey but you have quite a bit of this wrong ! 

"Quite a bit" , interesting choice of words.

Agreed. Stupid Jen. If she had left it alone, I might have considered the possibility that Dalis was lying or grossly exaggerating in order to get her name back on the radar, knowing that with Ryan's credibility, anything she says is likely to be taken seriously. But the fact that Jen says "quite a bit" is wrong (and not even a lie, just wrong, like Dalis is honestly mistaken) makes me think where there is smoke, there is fire. 

PR 101 Jen- why you never get into it publicly with people making claims against you.

• Love 7

If Rhiiiine hasn't entered rehab under his own volition I can assure you that he won't be honest about his drug use and type of drugs he is taking. It's going to be a wasted stay full of lip service with his biggest enablers cheering him on.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MissMel said:

I don't know @GreatKazu!  I was reading tweets and the registry crockpot was mentioned so I snipped the screen to come post it.  I saw you found the registry, too.  Too funny!

Now my question is: Did Ryan and Zach hang out in the same circles any?  Is that how Mac knew where to find Rhiine?  I'm not buying the 'we met at the gym' story she was trying to sell.  Matt should take notes from this chick.  

Maybe there's a bar in town called The Gym? There was a bar in my college's town that was called The Library. Very handy for when you were going out to get drunk but your mom knew you needed to study and asked about your plans. "Oh hey Mom, sorry can't chat. Headed out to the library. I'll be home late..."

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Maybe there's a bar in town called The Gym? There was a bar in my college's town that was called The Library. Very handy for when you were going out to get drunk but your mom knew you needed to study and asked about your plans. "Oh hey Mom, sorry can't chat. Headed out to the library. I'll be home late..."

Haha, that's awesome!  They actually said the name of the place and Larry said he's a member there too.  I thought it sounded like a bar but someone here from Chattanooga said it really is a fitness center.  I was so disappointed. 

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Tatum said:

What a stud.

He would be about the right age...Zach turned 18 in Sept 2013 (like, seriously, days before the wedding. Think Mac was still 17 when they got married).

...And this is why I find Mac so annoying. She's a 17 year old child bride having a shotgun wedding, and her registry is full of $200 dinner settings for 12. Right, because the one thing two teen parents have all the time is fancy dinner parties requiring matching china plates. I'd give her one or two indulgences but her entire registry is full of that shit.

And sure, she was only 17, but 3 and a half years later, she's uh, not showing much in the way of better judgment.

Eh, I think Mackenzie's biggest problem is that she's dumb. If she was 17 and doing a wedding registry, I'm sure her mom had a big role in what was selected. They were all probably just trying to make their daughter's marriage normal and hope it was forever. Married at 17 is not normal, but I get wanting wedding china. I've never used my wedding china but I still intend to buy the few sets we didn't receive to complete our 12 settings. 

59 minutes ago, Birdee said:

There's a bar near UCSB called The Study Hall. Great for those debit card transactions your parents are watching! ?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Faul McCartney said:

Eh, I think Mackenzie's biggest problem is that she's dumb. If she was 17 and doing a wedding registry, I'm sure her mom had a big role in what was selected. They were all probably just trying to make their daughter's marriage normal and hope it was forever. Married at 17 is not normal, but I get wanting wedding china. I've never used my wedding china but I still intend to buy the few sets we didn't receive to complete our 12 settings. 

Yes, but when you have two kids just out of high school (think actually Mac was still in high school when she married) who are expecting a baby- a china set for 12 seems ridiculously impractical. Plus, @GreatKazu pointed out she registered for 3 sets. If that's true, methinks this was less about naivety and more about her mother not letting her tell people she wanted cash, so she was registering for big ticket items she could later exchange for cash. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Tatum said:

Yes, but when you have two kids just out of high school (think actually Mac was still in high school when she married) who are expecting a baby- a china set for 12 seems ridiculously impractical. Plus, @GreatKazu pointed out she registered for 3 sets. If that's true, methinks this was less about naivety and more about her mother not letting her tell people she wanted cash, so she was registering for big ticket items she could later exchange for cash. 

The cash thing is a good point. I read the registry as saying she still needed 3 sets, not that she registered for only three. Registering for three is dumb. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Faul McCartney said:

The cash thing is a good point. I read the registry as saying she still needed 3 sets, not that she registered for only three. Registering for three is dumb. 

Oh, I thought GK meant she registered for 3 separate 12 piece sets. So, $600 total. I don't know how registering works.

Regardless, I think even one 12 set seems a little over the top for people who probably eat oven pizza and microwave soup (more of a comment on teenagers than them specifically) when they don't eat out. It's not really offensive or anything, just kind of dumb. In conjunction with the other dumb things she's said on her social media, she just strikes me as so vapid. I mean, Maci is like, the brainiac of this crew which is super sad.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Birdee said:

We had a bar in our town many, many years ago called The Library, too. 

3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Oh, I thought GK meant she registered for 3 separate 12 piece sets. So, $600 total. I don't know how registering works.

Regardless, I think even one 12 set seems a little over the top for people who probably eat oven pizza and microwave soup (more of a comment on teenagers than them specifically) when they don't eat out. It's not really offensive or anything, just kind of dumb. In conjunction with the other dumb things she's said on her social media, she just strikes me as so vapid. I mean, Maci is like, the brainiac of this crew which is super sad.

I don't know what that three sets was about, but I am in your corner. 

4 hours ago, leighroda said:

OR @GreatKazu is the infamous amberporkwood ?

lol Noooooooo. 

When Mack first made her appearance, someone tracked down a lot of info on her, including that old registry and a screencap of her standing next to Maci on an episode. 

Ryan has been rumored to be involved with drugs since almost the beginning, too, but not like now. I think it was just a bit of partying on the weekends. It was used to deflect Maci's drinking and partying underage, so I don't think anyone really cared. They weren't filming so were practically nobodies again. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

BINGO. I think this assessment is spot on, @GreatKazu.

Plus, Maci's drinking while she was obviously pregnant gives me pause. Perhaps she didn't want to say anything because she thought the Edwardses & company would accuse her of also being an addict herself (alcoholic). Or perhaps she just didn't really worry if Bentley rode around in a car driven by a guy out of his mind on pills...since we've seen she didn't seem to worry about practically doing keg stands while pregnant. (Obviously I don't buy that she didn't know she was pregnant until half way through the pregnancy.)

This whole thing has made me really sad for Bentley and upset with Maci, Jen, & Larry as far as their apparent lack of concern for Bentley........

Fully agree particularly with the bolding.

I keep thinking back to those scenes where Maci mentioned how upset her grandma would be with her if they aired the beer consumption scenes. She said her grandmother took issue with her drinking. Well, if grandma knew, then that means others had to have known as well including the Edwards. Maci sure didn't hide the fact she was drinking while underage. I think the Edwards, mainly Jen, didn't mind if Maci took off for the weekend to party and drink only because it allowed her to spend time with her grandchild. So, yes I agree that if Maci had gone to the courts for a court order and visitation schedule and opened her mouth about Ryan's drug problem, she may have faced the wrath of the Edwards. They each had something on the other. 

• Love 4
On 6/6/2017 at 9:18 PM, Christina said:

When Mack first made her appearance, someone tracked down a lot of info on her, including that old registry and a screencap of her standing next to Maci on an episode. 

I also remember an IG photo of the two partying together on a speed boat. 

On 6/6/2017 at 4:24 PM, MissMel said:

Rhiiiiine's fine, he sends his love:

rhine3.thumb.JPG.b7839cf46df5807b58a08b898433516a.JPG

rhine2.thumb.JPG.6444c23aaceac43e1b42788404982409.JPG

Look at the masterpiece Raaahhnn was creating on the backside of his wedding party list...  I am 100% sure that was him and not one of the kids. 

• Love 9
On 6/6/2017 at 7:09 PM, SPLAIN said:

This is going to sound rude and dismissive, but I grew up in an environment just like this one.  They're hillbillies.  That's what hillbillies do.

• Love 5

I'm bumping this thread in light of last night's episode. I didn't want to take over the main thread with too much Ryan talk (although, I'm not sure it would be out of place?). I found this picture on Reddit of Ryan's arm, when he's messing with one of his bikes.  Many think it looks like  track marks. 

ryan edwards.jpg

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm bumping this thread in light of last night's episode. I didn't want to take over the main thread with too much Ryan talk (although, I'm not sure it would be out of place?). I found this picture on Reddit of Ryan's arm, when he's messing with one of his bikes.  Many think it looks like  track marks. 

ryan edwards.jpg

Oh wow, they have a good eye. Look at the bruising as well, maybe from trying to find a vein? I watch a lot of intervention. Lol. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, druzy said:

Now see, if Kiki is indeed supplying the cast with pillses (tm Leah), that would be grounds for a lawsuit if Ryan had in fact crashed and injured or killed someone. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

Oh wow, they have a good eye. Look at the bruising as well, maybe from trying to find a vein? I watch a lot of intervention. Lol. 

Yea, there was another picture as well, taken from the scene when he was holding the dog. The mark supposedly looks similar to this one, but I think it's an odd location on the arm/hand to be shooting heroin? But what do I know? His hands did look REALLY puffy, which was....odd. 

• Love 6

I'm really starting to believe Simon on this one. We have now had Ryan, Caitlyn, Matt, Janelle and I believe Leah all with Xanax. It doesn't really seem to be the drug of choice for any of them but yet they all seem to have easy access to it when cameras are around. Maybe Kiki gives it to them to make them more cooperative.

That being said, Ryan seemed like he was on something much stronger then Xanax.

• Love 15

Yea, I don't think that was Xanax. I think that was some form of opiate - Oxy maybe, or perhaps he really is shooting heroin. I think Mack just said Xanax, because either A. She thinks that sounds the least awful or B. that's what HE tells her he takes. 

I think he probably takes multiple drugs, though, so who knows? And Simon is very likely right. I'd think saying something like that publicly, if not true, could land him in major hot water. Seems risky if he was just talking out of his ass. 

• Love 10

Here's the other pic from Reddit. MyPeopleAreNordic posted it in the main episode thread. 

See the location on this one is weird. Outside/top of the arm? I wish you could see the zoomed out pics, though - his hands are super puffy. 

ryan 2.jpg

• Love 5
7 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The nodding out definitely looked opioid-induced. (Did we all get our PhDs in Addiction Spotting from Intervention?)

Personal experience, Al-Anon, and personal therapy. Not due to my addiction, someone else's. 

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

ryan edwards.jpg

Good Lord.  If he is tracking it up, what the hell is using to do it with?  A cattle syringe?  Yikes.  I'd hate to see his toes.

7 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The nodding out definitely looked opioid-induced. (Did we all get our PhDs in Addiction Spotting from Intervention?)

?

Jen.thumb.JPG.9ac7eb2cbb03455d5e6a0d1a5c930f4a.JPG

marriage.thumb.JPG.21606fef450a70782c4541c37f5b0c8c.JPGLarry.thumb.JPG.8fafc491a647dd4d319ba10a51d8a01c.JPGLarry1.thumb.JPG.0be5f5b64ac219932b0445d78801034d.JPGlarry2.thumb.JPG.d8061c11f435966e1d869b29a407ed82.JPG

• Love 8

Sometimes I have bad dreams that aren't really nightmares, just super depressing stuff that my subconscious is afraid of. They usually involve things like hastily making a huge life decision that I know is wrong, and everyone around me is crying or sad, but I go through with it anyway and I'm not even sure why, and the sun is so bright I can't really see what's going on, and I'm in a place that could be a mall or warehouse or aquarium or dirty river bank, and people are dressed oddly. True story. This wedding was literally my mind's idea of the most depressing wedding imaginable. 

• Love 23

I'm glad that Larry is subtly not so subtly saying "No takesies backsies" to Mackenzie and her family. I'm not convinced Mackenzie actually cares about Ryan romantically. She damn sure doesn't seem to care about his physical condition. He was so high driving that car. 

• Love 13

I have never seen any chemistry between Ryan and Mack. She always seems so cold with him - either pragmatic/no-nonsense or pissed and putting him in his place. That's why I kept saying she was hired by his parents as a nurse/caregiver. Their interactions were very teacher-student. I really don't know what is up with this girl, why she wants to marry him - and in such a rush. It's a bizarre situation for sure. 

• Love 17
18 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I got mine from 21 years being on many meds,

especially the morphine family. And when my

girl had cancer, then it was really easy to see

which drug did what, in the ways they affected her.

Now I am applying to try out medical marijuana oil, which my doctor would prefer me to be on.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Here's the other pic from Reddit. MyPeopleAreNordic posted it in the main episode thread. 

See the location on this one is weird. Outside/top of the arm? I wish you could see the zoomed out pics, though - his hands are super puffy. 

ryan 2.jpg

I noticed the puffy hands too ghoulina - they were freakish looking.  Even during the "ceremony" I could tell they seemed weird.  And add me to the list of people who can't believe she did not make him pull over and take over driving.  That's just straight stupidity right there.

On a different note, that puppy is super cute!

• Love 3

Not only is the puppy cute, but it probably has gotten more parenting from Ryan than Bentley has his entire life!

Ryan has always been a douche. When he began using drugs is debatable, but he's always been this way. I don't think his behavior will change. Maybe Mackenzie just wants easy access to the checkbook and since Ryan doesn't really care about anything, it's trivially easy to get it. Jen and Larry will never call her out (because shame and respectability and whanot). If Ryan ever complained about it, who would believe him? I wouldn't. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Ryan was on par with being late to his wedding. When is he ever on time? He always picked up Bentley late.

The wedding was scheduled for 6 p.m. but, going by the time shown on camera, the wedding started at 7 p.m.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Ryan has always been a douche. When he began using drugs is debatable, but he's always been this way. I don't think his behavior will change. Maybe Mackenzie just wants easy access to the checkbook and since Ryan doesn't really care about anything, it's trivially easy to get it.

What checkbook, though? He's a drug addict; they're not known for being flush with cash. Last season, I believe that big fight with his dad over "tools" was because he was stealing from his parents to finance his habit. She may want some notoriety and potentially her OWN TM paycheck (what do partners of partners get? Kristina? Vee? Miranda?), but I can't see how she's after Ryan's money, cause I doubt he has any. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

What checkbook, though? He's a drug addict; they're not known for being flush with cash. Last season, I believe that big fight with his dad over "tools" was because he was stealing from his parents to finance his habit. She may want some notoriety and potentially her OWN TM paycheck (what do partners of partners get? Kristina? Vee? Miranda?), but I can't see how she's after Ryan's money, cause I doubt he has any. 

Maybe a spin-off?

True Life: I married a Teen Dad Junkie??

• Love 8

So, Mackenzie said they were getting married for custody reasons. Obviously she knew about his drug issues. So, where the hell is the logic? Oh, let's get married and worry about the drugs later, if at all. Idiots.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I think the ancillary partners get something like $5K or $15K a season...it's not very much. But if they get married and have a joint checking account, she can siphon his check out before he can blow it on drugs. I would bet Ryan makes at least $60K a season, if they pay Adam Lind $250K. I don't think the Teen Mom dads make as much as the Teen Mom 2 dads, but it's probably still a decent chunk of change.

Sadly, I can think of many girls who would jump to be a part of a reality TV franchise, even without a paycheck.

• Love 9

Swelling of the hands is generally the build up of fluid or inflammation of the tissues or the joints. 

I believe swollen hands can be attributed to alcohol abuse. I think it has to do with the liver or kidneys. I am no doctor, just going by what I have witnessed others go through. Maybe @leighroda can give some insight. 

• Love 3

I've heard that swollen hands can be from a blown vein, when injecting heroin, but I'd think his hands would look a lot worse themselves. 

I found this as well. 

Simonnet N1, Marcantoni N, Simonnet L, Griffon C, Chakfe N, Wertheimer J, Stephan D.

Author information
Abstract

Narcotic addiction may induce systemic and local complications. Intravenous injections of drugs can cause venous thrombosis, and septic or embolic complications. The puffy hand sign is a more uncommon complication of hard-core injection addicts. Three long-term intravenous drug users, two males, one female, mean age 30.6 years (26-37) presented puffy hands. These patients had been drug addicts for four to twelve years (mean duration 7.3 years) and had stopped heroin injections for 3-5 years (mean 4.6), participating in a buprenorphine substitution program. The edema appeared several years after drug cessation (1.5-5, mean 2.3). Typically the puffiness was bilateral, the hands swollen from the proximal segments of the fingers to the wrist. In one patient, the edema was localized both in the hands and in the feet. The edema was not pitting and unaffected by elevation. Duplex ultrasound examination of the extremities was normal. Lymphangiography performed in one patient was consistent with deep lymphatic destruction. Puffy hand syndrome appears to be the end result of lymphatic obstruction. Repeated injections of drugs in or outside the veins destroy the lymphatics. Buprenorphine may play an important role in the puffy hand sign. Although it is supposed to be administered orally, many drug addicts use it as an i.v. solution. Because buprenorphine is poorly soluble, it causes lymphatic obstruction. This type of hand for which no therapy exists must be differentiated from deep palmar space infection with dorsal edema which requires incision and drainage.
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Swelling of the hands is generally the build up of fluid or inflammation of the tissues or the joints. 

I believe swollen hands can be attributed to alcohol abuse. I think it has to do with the liver or kidneys. I am no doctor, just going by what I have witnessed others go through. Maybe @leighroda can give some insight. 

I work in kidney dialysis, and fluid build up (edema) is a huge part of my job. As far as I know it's (swelling) more an indication of a issue in kidney function vs liver which would be effected with the abuse of alcohol. When the liver isn't working correctly the symptoms are more related to jaundice, not to say there isn't swelling, but it's not as prevalent as it is in kidney function. With kidneys, swelling is one of the first symptoms because your body isn't getting rid of toxins through urine like it should so they build up in the interstitial fluid (fluid between cells) in your body... which causes swelling. If Ryan is experiencing swelling, there are lots of drugs that metabolize through the kidneys, and abuse would cause swelling, one most don't realize is ibuprofen is damaging to the kidneys... I don't know about street drugs but I have no doubt that some would cause those symptoms... for example heroin... without getting too scientific itchiness is one of the hallmarks of heroin use, one of the reasons for this is kidney function.  Like I said before the kidneys main function is to remove toxins, when the body can't get rid of the toxins through urine they try to get it out other ways, when the toxins build up in fluid through out the body they literallly try to get out through your skin, which is what causes itching. I don't know for fact he uses herion or any other illicit drug, but I wouldn't be surprised. 

Something else I noticed about his "track marks" it looks to me like he is using one single spot to inject, that's going to eventually backfire, there is a HUGE risk for infection when you do that... I have a few patients who do that (for those unfamiliar with dialysis you treat 3 times a week, so that means you get stuck 6 times a week, twice per session) but it is strongly discouraged because of the risk of infection.  If you continue doing it you eventually develop a track to the vein (kinda like an earring hole) but if you think about it that means you know have a direct line from the outside to your bloodstream, meaning any bacteria on your skin could easily make its way to your blood stream. 

• Love 4

Thanks @leighroda for the insight. 

I was going to ask about the needle mark that is supposedly on Ryan's arm. You did mention on another post that the mark we see on Ryan's arm in the photo is on a part of the arm where there are no veins. You also mentioned the size of the mark seems too large considering the size of a hypodermic needle. You are indicating above that the mark may be a spot where he may be injecting himself over and over, which would explain the size and look of it, I assume. But I am stuck on what you said about the location not having an accessible vein. It looks as though it is in the crease of his arm, unless I am looking at the photo incorrectly. 

You mentioned Ibuprofen causing kidney damage. That is why I ceased taking the ones I was prescribed two years ago for the pain I had due to a ligament injury in my ankle. The doctor had prescribed me the highest dose and I had them shipped to my home. I felt great. I come to find out what can happen by taking them daily. Yikes!! 

• Love 1