Type keyword(s) to search

Chip & JoJo: It's All In The Family

12 hours ago, eyelash said:

What gets me is the flat, atonal response of "sure" from Chip to anything the homeowners say, good or bad.  It's like he has it on auto-loop.  He couldn't appear less interested when the spotlight isn't on his goofy antics.

Aww...I like his goofy antics.  The world is so damn serious so when people break things up with a bit of humor I crack up.  Chip and Joanna's relationship makes me smile.  I do get it is not for everyone.  It is why I do not watch the other house flipping shows because they are too serious for me, lol.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Aww...I like his goofy antics.  The world is so damn serious so when people break things up with a bit of humor I crack up.  Chip and Joanna's relationship makes me smile.  I do get it is not for everyone.  It is why I do not watch the other house flipping shows because they are too serious for me, lol.

Agree with you. He reminds me a little of my husband and his goofy humor. I do get its not for all as well. I am the same why about the flipper shows. I can't watch them. For me they are horrible and have no real clue what they are doing. At least Chip actually is in their doing work and not just acting it for the show like the flippers seem to. My husband likes this show as well but he detest flippers/flipper shows and do it yourselfers because he had worked years in construction and saw all the crap that came from people like that needing to be redone...as well as all the things gone wrong that could have lead to some bad things. 

• Love 9
On 6/28/2017 at 11:19 AM, Evil Queen said:

Agree with you. He reminds me a little of my husband and his goofy humor. 

Yes, my husband has a similar sense of humor too. We had an episode on last weekend, and my husband decided he was a Chip fan when he learned that they got a pig, and named it Bacon.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ShellSeeker said:

Yes, my husband has a similar sense of humor too. We had an episode on last weekend, and my husband decided he was a Chip fan when he learned that they got a pig, and named it Bacon.

So we feel each other's pain. LOL 

• Love 3

What is wrong with people and the comments? One trying to say he is cheating if he is changing how he looks like that...another saying he isn't a man because of the "man bun". Wow some people need to get a damn life. They look like they are just being goofy together. Hell she has a pant leg up in the picture. I am not a fan of man buns but it sure doesn't make them less of a man or men a man is cheating or whatever other stupid crap some say. Some people sound like they need to get some humor in their lives and not ASSume things. =D 

• Love 7

It does look like they are on vacation somewhere so I give them a pass on the goofy clothes.

Chip must be beginning to lose his hair enough that he wants to prove he's still got it.  He's always been strangely obsessed with his youth.

I am sure he takes a shower after working in a hot, non-air conditioned house doing manual labor.  Waco, Texas is a miserable place to work outdoors.

I feel for all the men and women who work without the benefit of air conditioning.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I am sure he takes a shower after working in a hot, non-air conditioned house doing manual labor.  Waco, Texas is a miserable place to work outdoors.

I feel for all the men and women who work without the benefit of air conditioning.

Yep my husband comes home from work each day and has to take one after working hard outside many days. Our heat doesn't usually get as humid and nasty as they do either. I would hope people aren't judging him after work if he runs in the grocery store to pick up a few things on the way home. Which btw, my husband is another one of those that is unshaved and I like it. =P

• Love 5

I have to say that in real life, I'll bet Joanna could be a lot of fun on a girls' night. Give her a glass of wine and she's probably much funnier than Chip.

Chip. Gotta say one thing, there's a man who loves his wife.

(Tomorrow I will read that they are splitting up and I read them completely wrong...)

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I have to say that in real life, I'll bet Joanna could be a lot of fun on a girls' night. Give her a glass of wine and she's probably much funnier than Chip.

Chip. Gotta say one thing, there's a man who loves his wife.

(Tomorrow I will read that they are splitting up and I read them completely wrong...)

But does she drink wine? I thought the againses were super-religious, Bible-thumping Christians. I know some Christians drink, but some conservative Christians do not. 

But still, Joanna does seem like a nice person. A bit of a perfectionist, but she's pleasant and outgoing.

And yes, Chip seems to love the heck out of Joanna. 

• Love 3

I don't drink but no one says I am not fun to be around.  People don't pay attention to the fact I am not drinking because they are too busy drinking and I am busy watching them!  ;-)  

I think they both adore each other.

• Love 2

I read the one and it was that someone on twitter was saying they were tired of people going on about the rumors so Chip said it would never happen and how you could take that to the bank. I think with SM that people will say and put anything out there and wait for it to take off at times. Some will act as if they know everything and anything about some people on tv when really they have no clue and come off a bit stalker like IMO. Then there are those that just would like to see certain people ruin and start the hate talk even if its not true at all. I know I don't generally read that crap myself and don't see it with these to being true.

• Love 6

Aggghhhh, I changed the channel yesterday because Chip was proclaiming his undying love for Joanna, blah, blah, blah. 

We understand. They're probably gearing up to write marriage counseling/life choice books. 

However, I like to watch house flipping and remodeling. That's why I turned on your show, Chipper and JoJo.  

So, I turned it off and discovered I enjoy watching Pool Kings. (That's probably not what the Gaines twosome and their production team had in mind.)

But I do think their children are adorable.       ????

Does anyone else think they are spending too much time just on Chip and Joanna kidding around, etc.?  I am interested in what they are doing with the house, not watching him pick up random items when they are supposed to be shopping for things for the house and watching Joanna scowl about it or showing off his muscles.  It's obviously staged to be cutesy and a little of that goes a long way.  Ok, we get it, you guys are just so much fun.

And why does every couch and chair have to be white?  Nice to look at now, but in a couple of months of living a pain to keep clean for most people.

But at least they are not that obnoxious couple on the fix or flop show.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, cinsays said:

And why does every couch and chair have to be white?  Nice to look at now, but in a couple of months of living a pain to keep clean for most people.

But at least they are not that obnoxious couple on the fix or flop show.

I am going to take it the white is done because of how it just looks in the rooms maybe. I can't imagine many would want the white couch. Yet dark colors might not stand out in the space when on tv, kwim? 

And couldn't agree more with that last statement. I won't put that show or any of their spin off bs ones on ever. They are jokes and I seriously could on and on about the bs flying on that show and locations of places considering its in the county I live that they do most their junk. *rollseyes*

• Love 1

I like the jokes because everyone and everything is so serious nowadays but it does not work for everyone.

She uses white a lot.  Property Brothers uses gray quite a bit.   Designers often have a go-to favorite color.  I have not watched Flip or Flop.

I am ready for the new season, and want to see how big the kids have grown as well.  :-)

• Love 4
On 9/3/2017 at 1:10 PM, cinsays said:

Does anyone else think they are spending too much time just on Chip and Joanna kidding around, etc.?  I am interested in what they are doing with the house, not watching him pick up random items when they are supposed to be shopping for things for the house and watching Joanna scowl about it or showing off his muscles.  It's obviously staged to be cutesy and a little of that goes a long way.  Ok, we get it, you guys are just so much fun.

I'm with you.

I love them both. Love their relationship, the way they clearly love each other, the way they support each other. But despite my love for them, I need to see less of them if that makes sense. Less of them goofing around or Chip feeling the need to constantly do something strange like eat a bug. I just want to see what they are doing with the house. More specifics around some of the design elements. 

• Love 5

While at Target yesterday, I picked up the new issue of "Magnolia"...or whatever the name of Chip and Joanna's magazine is.  It is wonderfully glossy .. but expensive.  When I saw what the contents were, I realized that Joanna is maybe positioning herself to be the next Martha Stewart.  From what I could see by a quick leaf-through there are recipes, home/decorating projects, a column written by Joanna, etc.  I could actually see her as a multi-media person.  Isn't Martha "Omni-media" or some such.  Or maybe she is going to be more of an Oprah-type.

Yes, I think Chip and Joanna are the real deal when it comes to their marriage and family.  But you know what?  When I watch a decorating or home improvement show, I just want to see The Pretty.  I don't want to see the family life of the hosts or hostesses.   I don't need hi-jinx and drama.  Which is what you get with most of the HGTV flipping and renovating shows.

I didn't buy the magazine, but I admire the Gaines' drive for success.  Why not?  Strike when you can.  And I love to flip Fixer-Upper on for the 10-minute reveal at the end because it is always gorgeous.  I do wish they would go back and show the houses a year or so after so we could see what they look like without the staging and with the owner's furniture in place.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

I do wish they would go back and show the houses a year or so after so we could see what they look like without the staging and with the owner's furniture in place.

That would be interesting for sure but I can imagine those that are actually living in the homes still may not want the cameras back with it not so "prettied up". Yet it would be fun to see that. They have done it with House Hunter shows so why not this one and maybe Property Brothers as well. 

• Love 4

Think of it...re-visiting the Fixer Uppers, Property Brothers, Flip or Flops...more chances for marathons!  They could show three days of Fixer Upper reruns and then show three days of how they look now, etc.  Then start on the many many many different Property Brothers shows..then Flip or Flop..  They could probably go weeks without any realyl new programming.  Kind of like they do now.

• Love 4
On 9/6/2017 at 6:54 PM, Kemper said:

Think of it...re-visiting the Fixer Uppers, Property Brothers, Flip or Flops...more chances for marathons!  They could show three days of Fixer Upper reruns and then show three days of how they look now, etc.  Then start on the many many many different Property Brothers shows..then Flip or Flop..  They could probably go weeks without any realyl new programming.  Kind of like they do now.

I could live without the Flip or Flop folks. They disgust me so much with their bs. Since no one sees the people that buy the homes there is no way those people that end up with them would want to on tv. If only the viewers that don't know the area knew exactly what many of those areas are really like. I will leave it at that. 

With the way you are mentioning it, they could set it up as play the original episode then the new one of what its like now right after it. A lot easier to do that with these shows like that than it would be with House Hunters since they do a bunch of them in one episode. Yet I do like that. Especially when they were ones that started to fix it up and remodel but it wasn't complete. So it would be fun to see how the owners are doing that are still in their Fixer Uppers or Property Brothers homes. 

I'd like to know if they buy any of the Chip and Joanna stuff...it is offered at a discount.  I would love to see a clip show of the homes after they move in.  Problem is, many of the homeowners sell their homes immediately.  I understand the Gaines are trying to address that as they want people to be part of the Waco community.

But those who kept their homes, I'd love to see them.  :-)

• Love 2
On 9/3/2017 at 8:36 AM, answerphone said:

Aggghhhh, I changed the channel yesterday because Chip was proclaiming his undying love for Joanna, blah, blah, blah. 

We understand. They're probably gearing up to write marriage counseling/life choice books. 

Next thing, they'll be doing a "vow renewal" which will show all of the country how madly in love they still are.  Which will also conveniently coincide with an episode of Say Yes to the Dress so Joanna can pick out her $10K vow renewal gown.

• Love 4

I have had the tv on Fixer Upper all morning.  Not actively watching- just for some background noise.  But seriously, if I never see Chip's jiggly bare belly again it will be too soon.  Enough already! 

Add me to the list of those who miss the earlier episodes when we saw the whole house renovation.

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, Jellybeans said:

I'd like to know if they buy any of the Chip and Joanna stuff...it is offered at a discount.  I would love to see a clip show of the homes after they move in.  Problem is, many of the homeowners sell their homes immediately.  I understand the Gaines are trying to address that as they want people to be part of the Waco community.

I doubt it will ever happen because most of the furnishing is staged with an option to buy and I highly doubt most of the buyers make the purchase unless they are the ones that do the reno to have a Fixer Upper vacation/rental home to market.

I've never seen anything that Chip/Joanna are trying to stop the immediate sale/ability to rent because they want these people as part of the community.  I have seen that they don't want these people profiting/trading on their brand which seems more likely.

In other news, I happen to be watching one of the clip shows.  This week South Park did a house flipping episode where Randy has a TV show renovating houses.  Chip is more annoying with his shtick that Randy Marsh.  Impressive.

• Love 1

I watch ,but I'm so sick of the cutesy "perfect couple/perfect family stuff.  Im pretty sure a lot of people could pull that off if they had child care, housekeeprs, farm workers, etc. - you know, the army of people who are never shown or mentioned.  I also wish they would stop buying animals like they are toys.  

In every show they do a lot of things they don't bother to mention, but they should mention them.  Things like new AC, new garages, etc.  You can see them if you go almost frame by frame in the reveal.  But usually there was no mention on the show.  Maybe they'd have time if they cut out the cutesy family segments.  

Also getting just a little tired of white kitchens with large islands.  Same old same old.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 4

But is anyone really interested in seeing HVAC?  Or seeing new plumbing or garages?  Or seeing the wiring being installed?  

I love seeing the animals, that's what people in Texas do when they have a working farm in Texas.  They buy animals.  My EX did the same thing, he went to auctions and bought animals.  That's normal.

• Love 5

I enjoy the show exactly as it is. They have the right amount of family time, renovation & design...and of course, a little bit of Chip's goofiness. The formula has worked for them thus far, so as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" (NPI:-)

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

But is anyone really interested in seeing HVAC?  Or seeing new plumbing or garages?  Or seeing the wiring being installed?  

I am.  I don't want it to go on forever, but I'm interested in being shown exactly what they encounter.  Otherwise, why not just skip to the final reveal?  

• Love 3

Just now watching the reruns of the infamous Downs. When they go to look at houses, Mrs. Downs is wearing a grey sweater/top (with huge sweat stains), royal blue pants, yellow shoes, big green necklace and turquoise earrings with her hair in a rat's nest. They're the ones, you'll recall, who blame the Gaines, the neighborhood and Waco for "deceiving" them. Morons.

• Love 4
On 9/19/2017 at 11:52 AM, Gam2 said:

Just now watching the reruns of the infamous Downs. When they go to look at houses, Mrs. Downs is wearing a grey sweater/top (with huge sweat stains), royal blue pants, yellow shoes, big green necklace and turquoise earrings with her hair in a rat's nest. They're the ones, you'll recall, who blame the Gaines, the neighborhood and Waco for "deceiving" them. Morons.

Just the reminder of her outfit and hair IMO says it all. 

• Love 3

I don't get why they were surprised about the neighborhood.  I'm often shocked at the state of the houses on each side of project homes.  Some of them are boarded up, rusty old chain link fences, many junk cars in the driveway.  The neighborhoods are obviously run down, and crime statistics are available to any potential buyer.  

I was more focused on that tree right in front of the house.  That thing should have come down immediately.  

Edited by Sprockets
did further research
  • Love 3

As I said once before, they'd bought the house before they even contacted the Gainses. All of the things they've complained about since then were there when they bought that house so why were they later griping about the noise, the degenerates, etc? They blamed everyone but themselves. I knew there was something "off" about these people when they first appeared on the show. 

• Love 6

I've never watched this show before but it looks like I need to start watching. I've been reading their magazine. While it's similar to many other lifestyle magazines currently on the market, I like their take on things. Especially about thoughtfulness, togetherness and making the best of what we have. 

• Love 2

Wait! What am I going to do without my fix for white cabinets and white subway tile? That said, I will miss the show. I've always like her design aesthetics. I just would have prefered the show be a half hour and less of Chip and his stupid antics. The first year it was cute. After that, not so much.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, GaT said:

I'm not surprised, they seemed like they were running out of houses last season, there are only so many houses in Waco.

Yes at some point the shows do come to an end. More so when you stick to an area and do go to far outside it. Which I get why they didn't. As I said in the other thread I wish it was the flipping franchise gone first though. 

• Love 1

check THIS out...it is OBVIOUSLY about chip and joanna   http://blindgossip.com/?p=87947

clue being you can't FIX stupid....and they were on the cover of the magazine with FIXING their marriage......they are bailing before the @#$% hits the fan.,,,,chip did something stupid...along the lines of harvey seinstein but not as bad

Edited by sue450
  • Love 1

On Jo's blog at https://magnoliamarket.com/our-last-season/ there is a video of their announcement that season five will be their last. Chipster looks like he's about to cry and JoJo looks pissed off. 

Personally, I think he's having some sort of mid-life crisis with the long hair and beard. I've always liked her, but have nearly quit watching their show because he acts so silly and does such dumb things to grab attention.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2017 at 6:10 PM, sue450 said:

check THIS out...it is OBVIOUSLY about chip and joanna   http://blindgossip.com/?p=87947

clue being you can't FIX stupid....and they were on the cover of the magazine with FIXING their marriage......they are bailing before the @#$% hits the fan.,,,,chip did something stupid...along the lines of harvey seinstein but not as bad

Oh wow!  If a site called blind gossip said it’s so, it must be.