Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Another Spin Around The Block

• Start Topic

Phaedra tries to unite the crew for a good cause, but charity is lost when Kenya and Sheree feud yet again. Elsewhere, Cynthia's daughter makes her modeling debut, Bob takes Sheree on a romantic date and an unforeseen phone call rattles Kandi.

I guess Cynthia and Leon make better friends than boyfriend/girlfriend, it happens with some couples. They're better as friends than they are in being in a relationship together. They do seem like they could start over again.

Block just sounds like a complete ass. Can't stand when a parent just out of the blue wants to be involved in a child's life when they should have been involved since the beginning. Not wait years and years, that doesn't make any sense.  When the child reaches pre-teen age is when the parent needs to reach out to the child not send the gf over or talk to the other parent because at this point it's up to the child on whether or not they want to have some type of relationship.

Kenya & Sheree just sounded ridiculous. If I was Kandi I would have went to the food too and tune that petty back and forth argument out. 

• Love 21

Best line of the night: "in all lengths and textures." (Porsha talking bout her hair products). Lol

Scratch that: The best best line was whatever Kandi said to Kenya when she made that comment about Sheree's wig looking like Mama Joyce's....don't talk bout my mama, ok?

• Love 11

Leon looks as good as ever.  That man hasn't aged a day in 20 years.  He's a smooth talker and good-looking and I'll bet he needs to be single.  I hope Cynthia doesn't run into another relationship just because she's feeling lonely and vulnerable.

Noelle is a cute girl but she's not a model.  She wants the fame and money but doesn't want to work for it.  She was on her phone the entire time at the event.  Successful models are good hustlers and I don't really see that drive from Noelle yet.

Kenya is some kind of fool, talking about Sheree's Mama Joyce wig.  She just made an enemy out of Kandi.  I can't believe that Kenya's only "friendship" on the show is with Phaedra of all people.  That is one of the most inauthentic things ever. 

I did laugh when Mama Joyce waited until Kandi paused for breath during her breakdown to chime in AGAIN about the child support.  That woman is obsessed with money.

ETA:  Sheree's son is the only RHOA kid who could be a model.  He has great cheekbones.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 16

I hope Cynthia doesn't run into another relationship just because she's feeling lonely and vulnerable.

I hope so too. It's ok to be on your own for a bit until something better comes along, hopefully.

That woman is obsessed with money.

Mama Joyce is the worst.

• Love 7

Who's chocked salad would you rather eat? Mama Joyce or Kim Richards? At least Mama Joyce wasusing spoons to stir.

Loving Hut has made it to Atlanta? Their wonton soup is okay there videos of the Supreme Master are creepy!

• Love 1

Kenya again showed something about herself when she whipped around and accosted the women who weren't involved in her fight with Sheree. They made a concerted effort to stay out of that bitchfest and Kenya acted like their food talk was interrupting a news conference. 

Mama Joyce is just twisted to the core. I always feared for a child of Todd's to be left in Joyce's care. I guess her unwillingness to care for the baby reveals her true emotions. Of course Kandi laughs it off.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 13

My take on this episode…

I liked the dynamic between Cynthia and her daughter and I love the relationship Cynthia has with Leon.  He has been there for her through all the drama and distress she has gone through. Noel looked very good in her poster for the product line but like some have said, Cynthia doesn’t seem to concentrate on one product before she goes to the next and not really taking time to improve the quality of any of her ventures.

Phaedra and Kenya together….I can not wrap my mind around that at all.  Kenya was asked about the argument she had with Sheree and of course she was the attacked victim as always, claiming that she didn’t call Sheree out of her name or call her anything else.  She gave lame excuses for her behavior and Phaedra diplomatically shut it down.  Then Kenya wanted to know why Porsha wasn’t giving details of her anger management sessions which I agreed with Phaedra was not necessary.  Porsha demonstrated that she can interact with even her worse adversaries and not “pop off” per se.  Then Phaedra got to the jist of the conversation asking Kenya’s participation in a fundraiser for a camp for the kids of Flint MI, considering that Kenya is from Detroit.  Once again Kenya made it about her and reminisced about her time in Detroit.  However, she did say she would do what she can to help.  Of course Kenya could not avoid throwing shade at both Porsha and Phaedra.  First making another unnecessary remark that there were only two intelligent people in the escape room; Her and Cynthia and some side eye remark about Phaedra and going to court.  Kenya appears to be just miserable unless she is belittling someone.

Phaedra also mentioned that she was going to have a get-together at a Laser Tag place for the girls and would share her proposal for a pop up store, incorporating all the girls’ products and services.  They all appeared to be having fun and Porsha remarked in her talking head that this could be a good way to blow off steam.  It was all fun and enjoyment until Kenya put an end to that.  When they sat down to eat, Kenya once again brought up a ‘he said she said’ about what Sheree said about her house (reeks of a Donald Trump moment) and confronted Sheree about the slight.  The argument deteriorated into a grade school yell off at one point where they actually said “YOU’RE STUPID!!  NO!  YOU’RE STUPID!!”  At which time Kenya stepped clean across the decency line by hollering You with that “Mama Joyce” wig!! Which prompted Kandi to go off on Kenya for slighting her mother who had no dog in that fight.

Back to Cynthia; she, Leon and Noel were having dinner after the event and once Noel left for a concert, Cynthia and Leon discussed the impending divorce from Peter.  Leon admitted he didn’t see it working out and left early because he could see Cynthia was very unhappy at her own wedding.  Cynthia relented that not only that her mother and sister try to stop the wedding but Nene told her to just walk away when it was obvious she only married Peter to prove everyone wrong.  She regretted the marriage and was upset that she and Peter could not have what she and Leon has. She was very hurt and Leon was there to comfort her.  I, like others, feel they should get back together.

Kandi was with her mother when Block called her to discuss his “co-parenting” Riley.  Kandi reminded him that he had 14 years to coparent and he was virtually nonexistent in Riley’s life.  He tried to blame Kandi for keeping him from Riley and She let him have it, reminding him that he CHOSE to not be in Riley’s life and no, she is not going to force Riley to pursue him but it is his duty to keep in touch with Riley.  He once again claimed he wasn’t going to run after her and Kandi just lost it.  My feelings are just as raw with this exchange as it was what I went though with my husband so I know how she felt.

Sheree and Bob went on a date.  However, their individual ideas for a date dreadfully differed.  Sheree was dressed to the nines and Bob looked like he was cleaning the basement.  He once again expressed that he wanted to rekindle their relationship and possibly reconcile but Sheree wasn’t having it.  She made it clear that he had a long way to go to repair all the hurt he put her through and he has yet to even apologize for his infidelity and how he treated her.  After some coercement, he reluctantly did apologize.  It did not feel genuine to me but as she said, “baby steps”  I believe she still loves him but he hurt her deeply and that will take a bit of time to regain her trust.

• Love 9

At which time Kenya stepped clean across the decency line by hollering You with that “Mama Joyce” wig!! Which prompted Kandi to go off on Kenya for slighting her mother who had no dog in that fight.

To be fair, between Kandi's money and all the leeching/mooching Mama Joyce does off her daughter, she could afford a nicer set of wigs.

• Love 13

My sister BEGS to babysit her granddaughter. I cannot fathom Kandi approving of her nutty money-grubbing mother talking like this on national TV. These shows will be in reruns long after Ace is old enough to understand. Kandi is doing herself no favors with her storylines this season. She must be off her rocker to think this makes her look good, or is interesting.

• Love 9

Mama Joyce is really trying to make herself into something, isn't she? Just be quiet and watch your grandson. And don't be asking for "salary" when Kandi has supported and housed you for years!!!

Block is a total asshole. You don't "chase" your child. She's not some girl from the club who's giving you the cold shoulder. You make her a priority and do whatever it takes to PROVE to her that you are invested in her life. You know.....because you haven't been for the past decade. And that includes financially as well. I really felt for Kandi. I have to wonder if Block and his gal weren't going to try to horn their way in, no matter what Kandi did, she allowed it for the sake of getting HER side out. Maybe she even discussed it with Riley? Who knows. All I know is, Block sucks. 

And Bob really DOES joke around too much. I couldn't handle that, if I were Sheree. Then again, I'm around little kids all day, I don't have time for a 4th one. 

Phaedra's charity meeting - nice idea? Or another way for the Housewives to get their goods out there? As long as people benefit from it, I guess it doesn't matter. But given that these women can't get through ONE meeting without fighting, I don't have high hopes. 

I did love when Porsha asked, "We gonna sell penis for the kids?" and when Kandi proclaimed that they're ALL hoes, so they just need to shut up already. Amen and amen. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I did laugh when Mama Joyce waited until Kandi paused for breath during her breakdown to chime in AGAIN about the child support.  That woman is obsessed with money.

Yea, does she want Block to pay because it's the right thing for him to do, as Riley's dad? Or because that's just more of Kandi's money she can leech off of?

• Love 8

I love Cynthia and Leon's friendship. I can tell that there will always be love there because they respect each other.

Noelle is a cute girl. She's also the typical self-absorbed teenager. She'll learn soon enough when she gets a modeling job without her mom holding her hand that she actually has to work.

Bob can turn his head to the side and still look Sheree directly in her eye. He's a mess.

Kenya continues to be a bitch. Even when people are minding their business she has to rope them in to her foolishness. The arguments over the unfinished homes are tired. Enough already.

I don't understand why Kandi would allow this storyline. It makes her look shitty. Block is a piece of shit, but Kandi should also be held accountable for allowing this to be aired. Riley is a kid who shouldn't have to be embarrassed by this. 

And Joyce can shut the fuck up any time now. She's only concerned about Block not paying child support instead of how not having a father affected her granddaughter. Joyce is a greedy, unsympathetic miser. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

But Kenya was right

She was, and I said it in the first episode thread! I cracked up when Kenya said that.

15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, does she want Block to pay because it's the right thing for him to do, as Riley's dad? Or because that's just more of Kandi's money she can leech off of?

I was like " ... You know Block [ugh, that name] isn't going to pay YOU, right?"

I really don't think this should be on TV. Block is a deadbeat. How is he gon' talk about co-parenting when Riley is almost 14? Riley is a real kid with real feelings, and this is more of her business than I think I should know.

Noelle is beautiful but lazy. I like the relationship Cynthia and Leon have.

Did Phaedra call the laser tag teams "Black men" and "the police??"

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I'm loving all this yorkie representation here's my (rare) black lil man yorkie 

Block is a piece of shit plain and simple. FullSizeRender.jpg

Ahhh what a cutie.  And a proper little gentleman with his bow tie!  <3

Noelle is beautiful.  Of course, she is working with a pretty darn good gene pool with Cynthia and Leon!

Sheree's children are also quite stunning.  Luckily they seem to take after Sheree more!

Block is a turd.  Oh, and so is Mama Joyce.  Paid to babysit your grandson?? SMH.

• Love 9

Block is the posterboy of fuckbois. A fuckboi amongst fuckbois. 

Mama Joyce is a money hungry gargoyle in a Moe Three Stooges wig. Won't babysit her own grandson unless she gets paid for it and more concerned about the $50k worth of back child support as opposed to her granddaughter's feelings and possible life long scars due to her sperm donor father lack of involvement in her life.  

I really feel for Kandi. It is almost like Blockhead is trying to gaslight both her and Riley. Acting like he has been reaching out and no one has called him back and acting like he has no idea why everyone is so cold towards him. HATE!!!

Is it me or has Riley seemed like she has been only {insert ridiculous young age for a girl who has looked 16 since the show started here} for 5 seasons now?

Kenya really can't help herself. Her default setting appears to be stuck at simple petty bitch. 

I liked Phaedra's event and the beneficiary of her charity being the Flint Michigan tragedy.  Way to get the girls involved by incorporating all their vanity projects.

Sheree, gurl, your ass is still trying to sell shirts with 8 year old slogans on them? Oughta call your booth - Just Shirts!!

Two LOL moments:

Porsha - we selling penises for the kids?

Sheree to Kenya during that petty ass argument - okay you didn't run, you power walked away

Sheree's children are also quite stunning.  Luckily they seem to take after Sheree more!

Funniest line I ever read was on Lipstick Alley when someone referred to Bob as a tangled eyed monster. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 17

It hurt to see the look on Sheree's daughter's face when Sheree was trashing Bob. The girl was visibly hurt. No matter what her feelings for Bob, keep it to yourself. Putting these kids on TV and bitching about their father is so wrong, to me. Having him repeat it all is just as bad, for the kids to see and hear. Can't they keep this stuff private?

This season is already a mess.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Sheree to Kenya during that petty ass argument - okay you didn't run, you power walked away

I know their fighting is stupid on all sides, but I just can't quite Sheree. She has the perfect response to everything and rarely gets all riled up. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RedKoolAide said:

Bob can turn his head to the side and still look Sheree directly in her eye. He's a mess.

Will. Never. Forgive. You.

1 hour ago, RedKoolAide said:

Kenya continues to be a bitch. Even when people are minding their business she has to rope them in to her foolishness. The arguments over the unfinished homes are tired. Enough already.

I don't understand why Kandi would allow this storyline. It makes her look shitty. Block is a piece of shit, but Kandi should also be held accountable for allowing this to be aired. Riley is a kid who shouldn't have to be embarrassed by this. 

And Joyce can shut the fuck up any time now. She's only concerned about Block not paying child support instead of how not having a father affected her granddaughter. Joyce is a greedy, unsympathetic miser. 

Kenya gonna be Kenya.  Let's find something soft and pillowy to throw at the screen.  Cotton balls?

She didn't.  Now of course I can't find the link, but the story confirms what some suspected and she stated on her Wendy Williams appearance.  Which was that she had no idea he'd be on.  Apparently it was in this year's contracts that Bravo doesn't have to disclose information in advance with regard to any storyline surprises.    I think she's ok discussing Block because she has before on camera.  She might even be ok knowing his side of the conversation will air.   Thinking he might show up for this when he hasn't for Riley (volumes!) is probably something she didn't think even he'd be dumb enough to do.   I could understand if Riley is hurt by this, but I hope she's not embarrassed.  He's the one using her and her mother's notoriety to try and get on.    On the pyramid of bitch  __-dom and punkassery, this dude is the pinnacle. 

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Block is the posterboy of fuckbois. A fuckboi amongst fuckbois.

Lol!! Best Supporting Fuckboi in a comedy or musical.

2 hours ago, RedKoolAide said:

While I'm re-saying stuff, finna pass around this here overturned tambourine and I want ya'll to give generously from your hearts for feeling this years ago.    So how this works is, I bought your hateful, disgruntled, ungrateful ass two houses but will only watch my son at cost?  (with as straight a face as she can make)  Me:  Hello? Shady Pines?   Oh but Todd is the golddigger though.    Mmhm. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

It hurt to see the look on Sheree's daughter's face when Sheree was trashing Bob. The girl was visibly hurt. No matter what her feelings for Bob, keep it to yourself. Putting these kids on TV and bitching about their father is so wrong, to me. Having him repeat it all is just as bad, for the kids to see and hear. Can't they keep this stuff private?

This season is already a mess.

I didn't see it as trashing Bob.  Sheree's kids are not 5. I'm sure they know what broke up the marriage. I just heard sheree  saying Bob had a lot to do before she could ever really trust him again.  I think that's  totally fair.  And a good response to the daughter asking if Bob would be moving in with them.  Unless I missed something,  I did get a couple calls,  people bugging me while my shows on lol. 

I feel for Kandi, Joyce is a mess as is that Block! 

Porsha cracked me up. 

Kenya is indeed a petty bitch. We might all think sheree's wig looks like Joyce's lol,  but why in the world   would you say it out loud,  in front of Kandi? .... Kandi was pissed. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

At least Kenya didn't compare Joyce or Sheree's wigs to Dora the Explorer. :D

@imjagain, I am a child of divorce and I guess I remember hearing things said about my father, and I remember the hurt it caused me. And I was leaving home for college, leaving behind a younger sister and brother to be their pawns. I guess I let my own personal experiences color what I was seeing with Sheree and her kids.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

At least Kenya didn't compare Joyce or Sheree's wigs to Dora the Explorer. :D

@imjagain, I am a child of divorce and I guess I remember hearing things said about my father, and I remember the hurt it caused me. And I was leaving home for college, leaving behind a younger sister and brother to be their pawns. I guess I let my own personal experiences color what I was seeing with Sheree and her kids.

I hear you. I'm child of divorce too.  Divorce sucks! I recently separated from my husband.  While I never talk bad about my husband to my children especially the 6 year old,  my two 20 something children know what happened. So I don't put him down,  But  I don't lie to them. 

I do love the relationship between Cynthia and Leon.  Some people are just better friends than lovers. It's nice to see how much they care for each other. 

• Love 7

I was like " ... You know Block [ugh, that name] isn't going to pay YOU, right?"

When has that ever stopped Joyce before? I'm somewhat convinced the reason she has always been against Kandi marrying...anyone is she is worried Kandi might die before she does, and the money train could finally leave her behind.

I do love the relationship between Cynthia and Leon.

Definitely one of the few things we've seen Cynthia doing right lately (and I say this as someone who likes Cynthia). That and finally divorcing Peter.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Will. Never. Forgive. You.

Kenya gonna be Kenya.  Let's find something soft and pillowy to throw at the screen.  Cotton balls?

She didn't.  Now of course I can't find the link, but the story confirms what some suspected and she stated on her Wendy Williams appearance.  Which was that she had no idea he'd be on.  Apparently it was in this year's contracts that Bravo doesn't have to disclose information in advance with regard to any storyline surprises.    I think she's ok discussing Block because she has before on camera.  She might even be ok knowing his side of the conversation will air.   Thinking he might show up for this when he hasn't for Riley (volumes!) is probably something she didn't think even he'd be dumb enough to do.   I could understand if Riley is hurt by this, but I hope she's not embarrassed.  He's the one using her and her mother's notoriety to try and get on.    On the pyramid of bitch  __-dom and punkassery, this dude is the pinnacle. 

Lol!! Best Supporting Fuckboi in a comedy or musical.

While I'm re-saying stuff, finna pass around this here overturned tambourine and I want ya'll to give generously from your hearts for feeling this years ago.    So how this works is, I bought your hateful, disgruntled, ungrateful ass two houses but will only watch my son at cost?  (with as straight a face as she can make)  Me:  Hello? Shady Pines?   Oh but Todd is the golddigger though.    Mmhm. 

You know I always LOVE your comments, ZM, and this one, just made me laugh out loud!  And, why did I picture you (well, your avatar, anyway), saying this in a talking head with some over-designed backdrop??    ;-)

• Love 4

I found Joyce's remarks telling. I sensed some seriousness behind the comments and it's a strange, cold way of thinking. I wonder if Kandi's multiple houses, lavish gifts, cars, etc to her mom isn't because of some manipulation perpetuated by Joyce as "payback" for all the babysitting and care she gave her daughter when raising her.  

• Love 7

I feel terribly for Riley but Kandi deserves some of the blame. Why lay down w/ someone you barely know and have unprotected sex and then cry when he turns out to be a deadbeat? Kandi's own best friend Karmon met Block only once? Was the Kandi/Block thing just a one night stand? Women, don't deliberately set your kids up for future heartache. Be responsible and use some discernment.

Mama Joyce is so mad about Block's failure to pay child support bc her kids' fathers prbly didn't pay child support either.

I'm confused about Chez Sheree. When she broke ground in 2012, wasn't she broke and going thru a foreclosure and bankruptcy? Why/How did she attempt to build a house at that time?

15 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I found Joyce's remarks telling. I sensed some seriousness behind the comments and it's a strange, cold way of thinking. I wonder if Kandi's multiple houses, lavish gifts, cars, etc to her mom isn't because of some manipulation perpetuated by Joyce as "payback" for all the babysitting and care she gave her daughter when raising her.  

I'm sure. There's no way Kandi would have been able to maintain custody of Riley and build the career she has without a lot of help.

• Love 4

there is talk around the net that Block was indeed married with four kids when he was dating Kandi.  It was sort of confirmed as one blogger actually spoke with the now ex wife.  This might have been why he wasn't in Riley's life.  Kandi denies it but some bloggers have proof.

As for Bob, I couldn't believe he actually brought is side chicks in their marital home for his escapades.  That is a hard thing to overcome.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 8

Bob didn't cheat so much as he was just seeing people on the side..........

I see what you did there ...

I wrote last year that I wouldn't be surprised if Bob has CTE and I stand by that. He's such a buffoon. Permanently stuck on 15 ass dude. 

I, too, remember reading that Kandi was Block's side chick. If true, it definitely isn't an ideal way to bring a child into the world, but he's forever a trashbox. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I feel terribly for Riley but Kandi deserves some of the blame. Why lay down w/ someone you barely know and have unprotected sex and then cry when he turns out to be a deadbeat? Kandi's own best friend Karmon met Block only once? Was the Kandi/Block thing just a one night stand? Women, don't deliberately set your kids up for future heartache. Be responsible and use some discernment.

Mama Joyce is so mad about Block's failure to pay child support bc her kids' fathers prbly didn't pay child support either.

I'm confused about Chez Sheree. When she broke ground in 2012, wasn't she broke and going thru a foreclosure and bankruptcy? Why/How did she attempt to build a house at that time?

I'm sure. There's no way Kandi would have been able to maintain custody of Riley and build the career she has without a lot of help.

Well, because without this 1/2 of us wouldn't be here.  I kid, I kid! Lol.   

I'm not sure if it helps to say but she isn't crying over him being a deadbeat in the real sense of the word.  She was approaching wealth when Riley was born.  I think the tears come from how helpless she must feel at watching him neglect Riley for years and how painful that is (for her child).  A lot of fathers would use the excuse of their kid's mothers using child support as leverage to have a relationship with their children.   But it's clear that Kandi isn't that type of mom.    And they live in the same city.   And he has her phone number and address.   And he has raised other children.   Which means, even if I were to look at him objectively (and I'll admit that I can't) he has no legitimate excuse for having rejected his daughter all her life (including having been married at the time because the same way she knew, more than anyone else, HE knew he had a wife).   On top of which he is indignant at Riley not being the one to pursue a relationship with him.   Remember that this mirrors Kandi's own experience, except that she's taken $ off the table and has never interfered with his "efforts".    I believe her about this.  He's enough of a shitbag to have used that as a defense.    All in all I don't get a pity party vibe from Kandi but when she thinks about how this must make Riley feel, shit I wanna cry. 

Mama Joyce is mad about the support because she's a money grubbing asshole. 

3 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I've missed some things. Can someone tell me why Cynthia and Peter are getting divorced? Was it bc she saw the video of him kissing that other woman at his new club? Because he's gone so much? Or something else?

Oh girl, you missed a whole season lol!   She admits to marrying him to prove her family wrong when they objected to him as a choice, but when you add in that he's fine with spending her dough and real free and easy laying hands on other women I think it was a matter of time.   The shape up or ship out conversation was very short (for her), completely tearless (for her) and happened at about 11:58 when time of death was called at midnight.    She's slow to absorb and I think she just started adding up a pros and cons list.   He's a con (intended).

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
verbs. verbs are important.
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

Is it known that Kandi didn't use protection? I'm asking in all seriousness. My sister and her husband did get pregnant on the pill, as did another friend of mine from many years ago. I have no idea what happened here, but I wouldn't just assume Kandi had unprotected sex unless she said so. 

Even so, I think what Kandi is more upset about right now is that Block is trying to act like it's all on her and Riley, why he hasn't been involved. His girlfriend mentioned Kandi having a "vibe" that put Block off, and now he's claiming he has to "chase" them. Sure, I think it probably hurt to see her daughter have no relationship with her father. But I think Kandi did just fine raising Riley; and for him to bust on the scene now and act like he gives a shit and she's being mean to him is what's' making her so upset. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I've missed some things. Can someone tell me why Cynthia and Peter are getting divorced? Was it bc she saw the video of him kissing that other woman at his new club? Because he's gone so much? Or something else?

Yes to the video I bet, the other big factor was she was funding all of his antics and I guess she got tired of it...he even wanted to get an apartment for a man cave, she put her foot down on that.  Combine all of the nonsense along with the fact that he really treated her terribly at times, (for example, she had surgery and all he talked about was how soon he could getting laid), I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

• Love 5

Kandi does not have a key to her mother's house? She bought that house! 

All this fuss over Block head reaching out to Riley, if I were Kandi I would be happy that someone like him would stay away from my child, what kind of example does he set anyway?  He wants camera tim not quality time...if he were serious about forging a relationship with his daughter it should be handled off camera and with a lot of TLC and or a therapist.  Riley will never see him as a positive influence in her life.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kandi does not have a key to her mother's house? She bought that house! 

All this fuss over Block head reaching out to Riley, if I were Kandi I would be happy that someone like him would stay away from my child, what kind of example does he set anyway?  He wants camera tim not quality time...if he were serious about forging a relationship with his daughter it should be handled off camera and with a lot of TLC and or a therapist.  Riley will never see him as a positive influence in her life.

Lol!  wanna hear something crazy?  In my head I'm Todd, practicing my speech for the first responders.   "Officer I tried my best to get into the house, but.......we never had a key"

Right.  He didn't do it for her.   Oh my wouldja look at that, we're back at shitbaggery.  

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well, because without this 1/2 of us wouldn't be here.  I kid, I kid! Lol.   

I'm not sure if it helps to say but she isn't crying over him being a deadbeat in the real sense of the word.  She was approaching wealth when Riley was born.  I think the tears come from how helpless she must feel at watching him neglect Riley for years and how painful that is (for her child).  A lot of fathers would use the excuse of their kid's mothers using child support as leverage to have a relationship with their children.   But it's clear that Kandi isn't that type of mom.    And they live in the same city.   And he has her phone number and address.   And he has raised other children.   Which means, even if I were to look at him objectively (and I'll admit that I can't) he has no legitimate excuse for having rejected his daughter all her life (including having been married at the time because the same way she knew, more than anyone else, HE knew he had a wife).   On top of which he is indignant at Riley not being the one to pursue a relationship with him.   Remember that this mirrors Kandi's own experience, except that she's taken $ off the table and has never interfered with his "efforts".    I believe her about this.  He's enough of a shitbag to have used that as a defense.    All in all I don't get a pity party vibe from Kandi but when she thinks about how this must make Riley feel, shit I wanna cry. 

Mama Joyce is mad about the support because she's a money grubbing asshole. 

Oh girl, you missed a whole season lol!   She admits to marrying him to prove her family wrong when they objected to him as a choice, but when y ou add in that he's fine with spending her dough and real free and easy laying hands on other women I think it was a matter of time.   The shape up or ship out conversation was very short (for her), completely tearless (for her) and happened at about 11:58 when the clock runs out at midnight.    She's slow to absorb and I think she just started adding up a pros and cons list.   He's a con (intended).

Did Kandi have Riley during her singing/concert days because if so, I wonder if Joyce blocked Block Head from Riley, hence his comment about "chasing" them down. I would not put it past Joyce interfering in the father/daughter relationship when Riley was a baby/toddler while Kandi was on the road. I don't think it would have taken much for him to walk away from his daughter but I can see Joyce doing all she could to steer him away from, not only, Riley but Kandi as well. Yes, I do think Joyce is that evil/selfish.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Did Kandi have Riley during her singing/concert days because if so, I wonder if Joyce blocked Block Head from Riley, hence his comment about "chasing" them down. I would not put it past Joyce interfering in the father/daughter relationship when Riley was a baby/toddler while Kandi was on the road. I don't think it would have taken much to for him to walk away from his daughter but I can see Joyce doing all she could to steer him away from, not only, Riley but Kandi as well. Yes, I do think Joyce is that evil/selfish.

No.   Xscape (Kandi's group) broke up in '98.  If Riley's 14, it'd make her an '02 baby.    Not to say Kandi wasn't legit busy.   She was writing and producing for other groups like TLC and Destiny's Child by then, so heavily in demand but it doesn't seem like enough that she couldn'tve set her own schedule and stayed near her baby.    I was hoping you were right though, I wanna nail something on Joyce so badly lol!    I think this is also something his punkass would've offered up.    He claims the show is scripted (duh) and we'll see the *real* story by the end of the season.    But um, that's not how editing works, bruh.  Not how any of this works.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

No.   Xscape (Kandi's group) broke up in '98.  If Riley's 14, it'd make her an '02 baby.    Not to say Kandi wasn't legit busy.   She was writing and producing for other groups like TLC and Destiny's Child by then, so heavily in demand but it doesn't seem like enough that she couldn'tve set her own schedule and stayed near her baby.    I was hoping you were right though, I wanna nail something on Joyce so badly lol!    I think this is also something his punkass would've offered up.    He claims the show is scripted (duh) and we'll see the *real* story by the end of the season.    But um, that's not how editing works, bruh.  Not how any of this works.

Thanks for the info, I did not know the timeline of her music career. That said, I can still see Joyce interfering with Block Head's seeing Riley by getting into Kandi's ear about him. I also don't think he really tried/wanted to see Riley and would welcome any excuse not to but I really believe Joyce played a part in this. I can hear Joyce telling Kandi that his seeing Riley shouldn't interfere with Kandi's work, take time away from her working which it would. I see Joyce doing to Riley/her dad the same thing she did to Kandi/her dad, trying to keep them apart for her, Joyce's, own selfish reasons.

• Love 1

Only one page of comments. This show has become so boring. I don't give a rat's ass about Riley's deadbeat dad or Cynthia's daughter's modeling career or Ace's potty training. Please, put the kids away or put this franchise to bed. Kenya and Sheree fighting about who has the bigger, better house is rediculous. Who believes Phaedra and Porsha are friends in real life? They have nothing in common and there's a ten year age gap between them. 

• Love 6