Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E14: Week 11

• Start Topic

From mjsbigblog:

Four Couples Remain in One of the Tightest Races Ever, on the Two-Part Season Finale of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ November 21 & 22

Here’s everything you need to know about next week’s Dancing with the Stars finale.  

Len Goodman Returns to the Ballroom as Head Judge

Musical Performers Include Train, Andy Grammer, Vanilla Ice and Kenny ‘Babyface’ Edmonds

Each Celebrity Will Perform a Freestyle Dance

The Season 23 Champion Will Be Revealed at The Grove on Tuesday, November 22

After weeks of stunning competitive dancing, the final four couples advance to the finals of Dancing with the Stars live, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network. Len Goodman returns to the ballroom as head judge for the two-part season finale.  At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated.

The remaining three couples will have one last night of competitive dancing as they perform a “24-Hour Fusion Challenge,” vying to score some extra judges’ points, and one couple will be crowned the Dancing with the Stars champion, culminating an incredible season, which will be announced live from The Grove on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (9:00-11:00 p.m. EST). 

On MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), the four finalists will each perform two dances – a Redemption Style dance (paso doblé, Viennese waltz or tango), and a freestyle dance – one of the biggest competitive dances of the season.  In addition, Grammy Award-winning Train will perform its hit “Play That Song,” and there will also be a special performance from this winter’s most talked about movie, Lionsgate’s “La La Land” (in select cities December 9, expanding December 16), choreographed by Mandy Moore.

The couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Redemption Style: Paso Doblé – “Wicked Ones” by Dorothy

Freestyle – “Brand New” by Ben Rector

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess 

Redemption Style:  Foxtrot – “It Had to Be You” by Harry Connick Jr.

Freestyle: “Beethoven’s 5 Secrets” by The Piano Guys

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold 

Redemption Style: Viennese Waltz – “I Am Your Man” by Ryan Shaw

Freestyle: “Please Mr. Postman”/”I Want You Back” medley by The Marvelettes/Jackson 5

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko

Redemption Style: Tango – “Stay the Night” by Zedd

Freestyle: “Unstoppable” by Sia

At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated, and the three remaining couples will go on to vie for the coveted Mirrorball.

In the two-hour season finale on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (9:00-11:00 p.m. EST), the three finalists advance to the final stage of the competition. There will be live dancing and show-stopping performances at both The Grove and in the Dancing with the Stars ballroom.

The night kicks off with a high-energy opening number, featuring a reunion of all 13 of this season’s couples, at The Grove. The season finale will be filled with performances from Vanilla Ice, who will perform “Ice Ice Baby,” featuring Rick Perry and Witney Carson; a special guest performance by Andy Grammer of his global smash hit single, “Fresh Eyes,” 11-time Grammy-winner Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds performing “Winter Wonderland” from his Christmas album, featuring pro dancers Artem Chigvintsev, Cheryl Burke and Allison Holker; and an all-male number to Bruno Mars’ “24K,” featuring the men from this season, including Ryan Lochte, Calvin Johnson, James Hinchcliffe, Maks Chmerkovskiy and Val Chmerkovskiy, among others.

In addition, the season finale also features a special performance choreographed by Mandy Moore. This innovative and magical dance celebrates your favorite and heartwarming holiday traditions and stars some of your favorite Dancing with the Stars dancers, including Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Witney Carson, Artem Chignvinstev, and many more, and uses technology that will have to be seen to be believed!  There will also be a special performance from the upcoming Dancing with the Stars: Live! We Came to Dance tour, hitting the road this winter.

Couples from across the season will celebrate their time on the show by repeating one of their favorite dances, including Laurie & Val’s trio with Maks, Amber Rose & Maks dancing to “Woman Up” by Meghan Trainor, Maureen McCormick dancing to “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” with Artem, Jana & Gleb’s infamous dance to “Hands to Myself,” by Selena Gomez, and more. 

In the last element of competition, the couples will perform a new routine as part of a “24-Hour Fusion Challenge.” The remaining couples will fuse two contrasting dance styles, and they’ll have less than 24 hours to prepare that dance for judges’ points. The votes from November 21 will be combined along with the judges’ points from the “24-Hour Fusion Challenge” to determine the winner. At the end of the night at The Grove, a champion will be named, and the winner will be presented with the coveted Mirrorball trophy.

Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and Dancing with the Stars season 10 finalist), Dancing with the Stars is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough.

• Love 1

Those are nice songs for the freestyles and they all seem suitable for the celebs. I figured that Calvin would go for something fast and fun. Jana will do emotional contemporary, something we've seen from her before, but it's in her wheelhouse. Is Sharna using that "conductor" concept she wanted to do with Charlie White? I think she is, it'll be interesting to finally see what that will look like. The song for Laurie is lovely and I'm so happy Val stayed away from heavy, melancholy or bombastic fare, I'd have seriously side-eyed him for that. Something joyful and simple is what I wanted for her freestyle since the beginning and it looks like that's what it'll be, so I'm glad. (-:

Re-do dances is about what I expected, thank god it's not just repeats of old dances like they sometimes like to do as well. That always struck me as totally pointless (exception: Rumer and Val's foxtrot, that one was just luminous in the finals.).

• Love 2

For the redemption dances, those are good choices for Val/Laurie and Calvin/Lindsay.  The paso was one of Laurie's weaker dances and she looked uncomfortable with the first part.  Calvin needs more practice with his ballroom frame.  He has a harder time because of height differences.  His legs are also long so Lindsay has to really move or make her strides bigger to keep up.

I would have chosen the samba for Jana.  That was the week where she was under rehearsed and it showed.  Plus they can do a more traditional samba instead of a 70's version.  I still don't get why they looked like they were dressed for the 60's.

James should have done the cha cha cha.  He looked awkward in that dance.  Since he also hasn't done Samba or Salsa, I'm not sure he can do a party Latin dance that requires fast hip action.  Since that's where a lot of male stars look awkward, I would have liked to see if he could overcome that.  It would also be a good way to show a more dynamic party type personality

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Actuially, James did the cha cha cha on Ellen's show -- and showed plenty of good hip action.  

I agree about the Samba being a better choice for Jana...not so sure the Tango will show us much new for her.

Since a lot of people, including me, didn't see James in the Ellen show, they should show his hip action. 

Not only that but the Ellen producers decided on the cha cha at the last minute.  They were going to do their tango which they had just done.  So James had to rewatch his video to refresh his memory of the choreo that he had done earlier in the comp.  Little bit of a panic backstage but he pulled it off and actually did better than he had done on show night.  

Edited by Mondayeve
  • Love 4

After spending weeks learning technique and heel leads, straight arms and posture now everyone is failing around chasing an imaginary sunset with every freestyle. I miss the days of the fast fun freestyles); they can keep all these "therapy session" freestyle dances. It's overdone and nothing is new *ends rant*

• Love 5

Only got to see most of the freestyles outside of Jana.  And from the 3 I saw, for me, some of the best freestyles in recent memory.

It's been a while where I'm torn for the final 3.  I'm pulling a bit more for James but I'm ok with any of them winning. 

• Love 3

I love how both James and Sharna were both knew the 10 from Bruno was ... generous.

An emotionally overwrought not-contemporary from Jana complete with her perma-cringe expression. Blah.

(Remember when freestyle were a fun expression of what everyone had learned? When did they become a story of overcoming challenges and trying to pray on audience emotion? It doesn't work for me, but I blame Maks and Erin ... I'm pretty sure they were the first to attempt a contemporary.)

In the same vein, I want thrilled with James's freestyle. But if I'm comparing, James's contempo-style was yards ahead of Jana's.

Laurie probably has this locked up, but I'm still pulling for James.

• Love 2

After watching the American Music Awards last night and having a damned good laugh over their last musical performance being branded (ahem, sorry, "brought to you by T-Mobile"), all I could think when I saw Jana and Gleb's freestyle with the scarf was: "Jana and Gleb's freestyle, sponsored by Charmin toilet paper. Charmin, it's strong and soft."

I didn't realize that guardian angels wore bikini tops and weird, fringe-y pants that look like a skirt. Of course, if it was Sasha's concept, Sharna would've been wearing a fucking halo and sparkly, feathery wings. Dude, that pearly gate thing earlier in the season is never not gonna be funny. I normally roll my eyes at the contemporary style freestyles but James and Sharna brought it. It's one thing to see the story through dance but it's another to hear the person's words while that's happening. That wowed me.

Laurie and Val's freestyle was nice and just what I expected from them: young, kiddish, full of energy. It seemed a lot closer to her emotional age than trying to get her to be all sexy and smell the chalupa or whatever she was doing before. I loved Calvin's freestyle as well, and it was also about what I had expected.

Jana and Gleb? Eh. I'm just happy to have Gleb off my screen. Again, there's just something about him that's very off putting to me. Him getting all pissy about their choreography didn't do many favours for him in that department, either.

• Love 7

I loved Laurie and Val's freestyle just for the sheer exuberance and creativity (and I'm totally rooting for them to win) but even my untrained eye noticed some stiffness from Laurie at the beginning.

I'm torn about James and Sharna's dance. I mean, it was technically good and really elegant but I was rolling my eyes all through it. The voiceover made me cringe. It was too much try. They should have just let the dancing and choreography tell the story. 

So I guess I want Laurie to win but won't be surprised if James takes it all.

Edited by smijca
  • Love 10

I'm oddly unenthused about this finale.  I hear TPTB never opened up voting from Canada which sooooo pisses me off when I think of all the special allowances given to Bindi. So I'm feeling like the fix is in for Laurie.

Anyway, my thoughts on the dances...

Redemption:

Calvin:  Hugely improved but he still gets a little hunchy due to the height difference. CAI docking for a lift? Did anyone else see it or was it just in her imagination? Wow-scores much lower than I expected for tonight.  I'm guessing Calvin will survive elimination tonight.  If he were going home I think they would have given him a kinder boot out the door.  So I'm guessing it's Jana who leaves tonight.

Jana:  Jeez - they're playing up the showmance right to the end with that song.  That small stage just felt too cramped. It was better when they went down to the main floor. But it was so fast with no feeling to it.  This time I did see her foot come off  the floor.  Hmmm. Same exact score as Calvin?

It's about time for Len to state that an accidental slight lift off the floor shouldn't be penalized. It's LONG PAST TIME!

Laurie:  Better than last time and she controlled her face better (no smiling).  So was that a jump or a lift or an assisted jump? No matter. I bet she won't get docked. A little out of sync.  It seemed more like a tango than a paso.  Surprised at the scores. The comments sounded like a perfect score was coming.

Why is Train performing now, making James wait?  This seems strange.

James:  Ohhh an obvious stumble by Sharna, though James took the blame (maybe his foot was out of place?).  A little slow to get started but the music didn't really get started right away.  Mostly what I noticed was how much more relaxed James has become in his dancing. 

Freestyles:

Usually the order for the second dance stays the same as for the first dance. I wonder why they changed the order.

Jana:  Why is Gleb so angry?  So they're tied together but I didn't see anything unusual really being done with the tie.  When Gleb was carrying her across the floor, something looked weird.  Couldn't quite see what the problem was unless she hadn't centered her weight and he was trying not to drop her.  Some of those lifts looked like repeats.  Jana looked crestfallen.  Scores were fair.

Calvin:  Oh gosh! That treadmill part had me holding my breath. But they pulled it off. Props to Lindsey!  The thing I love about Calvin is his joy. His technique may not be perfect but he just looks like he's having a blast.  Scores well deserved, if only for the difficulty level of both the treadmill and the lifts.

Laurie:  Cute. I'd say one of Val's better freestyle dances.  A lot of gymnastics but, of course. 

James:  THAT was beautiful! 

And the eliminated couple is...Jana.  I hope they put James in jeopardy just to make everyone nervous and boost his votes.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Uke said:

Did anyone else see it or was it just in her imagination?

I did. It crossed my mind that it might be a point of contention as a lift, once I realized that Lindsay was making an effort to keep her toe skimming the ground.

I think the voiceover was perfect for James and Sharna' s freestyle....just enough to begin and end the story.  Choreo and dancing were exceptional...very moving.

I thought Laurie's freestyle did suit her perfectly...a little awkwardness at the start of it....but you could tell she loved the dance.  

I was a little surprised that the beginning of Calvin's freestyle seemed like they had slowed the tempo a bit...but he really sold the the freestyle in the end.

Jana's freestyle was the weakest of the night.

• Love 4

Oh, I did not like James's freestyle at all. It looked very high school dance recital to me (albeit exceptionally danced from the extras). The voiceover was weird and threw me so much that I don't think it actually hit any emotional notes.

I loved Calvin's. I think Lindsay's the best at freestyles between this and Alek's. I hope she gets a "ringer" next season.

I really liked Laurie's. I thought it was perfect for her.

I like finales best when they throw out tens like candy. I like it when everyone's happy and excited and the result is left to those who vote.

I'm not voting but I like this final three. They're the best/most enjoyable ones from the season.

I can't believe they trotted out a trombone for Calvin. He's such a good sport.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Snickerdoodle said:

My goodness that song from Train was god awful. Heart and Soul? Really?  I felt bad for the dancers.

that song from Train

Train

I think the "god awful" is just implied by the band name. I'm just thankful whenever I see them performing that it isn't that stupid Drops of Jupiter song that my local radio station still plays like it's a hot, fresh track. 

• Love 3

I really loved tonight..although Train's song didn't impress me...a rip off of "Heart and Soul" but at least they aren't making everything sound like "Hey Soul Sister"..and the lead singer blew almost every high note he had...

On to the dances.Jana and Gleb are completely forgettable..I have no comment...

Tom was all kinds of awesome...any snark aimed at CAI is welcome by me..her makeup/eyes looked really weird...

I loved having Len back...and think all the scores were a bit hinky....usually the judges throw tens out on Finals night but they saved them all for the freestyle..

I really loved all three of them(Don't count Jana as I immediately forget her)...they all brought something...and were among the best in the show's history...

Random observations..the mashup of  Jackson5/Marvelettes seemed a bit off....as I am sure the challenge to do a freestyle to two different beats had to be a challenge...Still, Calvin delivered..loved..loved..loved it...

Where did the prop department get a merry go round...those suckers are not on local playgrounds anymore...I kinda miss those....but Val and Laurie had a LOT of fun..and joy..great, great job...

I thought the voice over worked well for James...didn't know the song but didn't really listen to it as I was focused on the dance...content galore...a beautiful story..Sharna really outdid herself on that one..

Any one of them can win this thing..I would be happy but am hoping for James...and this is a finale that I am really looking forward to.

I almost hate to see this season end...in the midst of all the anger and uncertainty, this show has proven a worthy distraction of bad spray tans...overworked tears...cheese and joy...

• Love 5

I think that Laurie, Calvin, and James are the right final 3 and deserved to get to the end. 

My pick for the win is Laurie. She performs everything with such precision and power and I loved that Val didn't rely solely on her gymnastics. He managed to choreograph great dances for her that allowed her to show a sense of maturity while still being youthful and age-appropriate. She's truly been such a joy to watch and her freestyle reflected just that. I was happy just watching her and it did make me feel like a kid again. I was kind of afraid that Val would drop the ball with the freestyle because although I liked what he did in the past with Rumer, I didn't like his freestyle with Zendaya or Kelly Monaco so I'm glad he actually delivered for Laurie. I loved their Paso and I thought they were underscored.

I also loved Calvin's freestyle. It was so much fun and entertaining. Lindsay is a great choreographer and I'm happy that the show gave her another chance to prove herself as a pro after going back to the troupe.

I thought Jana and Gleb took the safe route with a contemporary which I really wish would stop being done as a freestyle and just as a dance in general on the show. It didn't surprise especially since they just did a contemporary with Laurie and Val a few shows back. 

James and Sharna's freestyle was a contemporary as well, but I thought it was much better than Jana and Gleb's. I'm rooting for Laurie, but I wouldn't be surprised if James wins in the end. Can't say I won't be disappointed with that result though, but James is a good dancer and I knew he would make it to the final since week 1 along with Laurie.

• Love 5

This has got to be one of the closest finals and I know how many times that has been said but damn...

Calvin raised his game BIGLY.  Lindsey did great choreo.

Laurie danced a fun fabulous freestyle. 

James was wonderful and I loved the story and emotion that did not veer into schmaltzy so for me it worked.  It was understated and I can appreciate that.  Sharna has the most creative mind when it comes to telling a story with dance and she has a partner in James who bring her visions to the dancefloor.

If I were an undecided voter I would have a hard time choosing but if I look at the entire season and the freestyle as that last punctuation to a season ending, it will be James and Sharna for me. 

Edited by Mondayeve
  • Love 4

Hated Laurie' s Freestyle.  Ugh. Running around in a playground?  Val has absolutely no clue about good freestyles.  She slides down a slide. Jesus, can't you make it at least interesting, Val?

Len said it right,  James was so unique, the voice over was incredibly moving. Great dance content where contemporary connected the ballroom movement and it wasn't some throw away in a school yard, it advanced the story. Incredibly well done, classic, and brought tears to my eyes. 

Calvin's freestyle was honorable mention tonight.  Good luck tomorrow James and Sharna! 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 3

I would have been angry if James had been eliminated over Jana. I got so tired of hearing about her "journey" and her use of the show as therapy. Perhaps hypocritically, I was moved by James's freestyle, which in its way was just as much of an exploitation of personal tragedy. 

• Love 1

As for the other dances  since when does a Paso Doble get a 10 with an Argentine Tango lift, or any lift for that matter?  Lifts are not allowed in Paso Doble. Since the other two got dinged for a unintentional lift, Val gets praise for a deliberate move that wasn't even Paso Doble.  What a crock of shit.  He even uses the same lift that he got dinged for the first time he did it in a ballroom tango. So he was in their face daring them to dock him. 

Edited by RedFiat
  • Love 1

I thought that Laurie did a great job on her redemption dance. I was expecting 10's across the boards for it and was disappointed tha CA and julianne only gave 9. My biggest issue with the 9's is that there comments gave ZERO indication that they thought there was something wrong with the dance. They both praised her to the fullest and then they docked her a mark. If you're going to give less than a 10, you should say why on earth you're docking the marks. How the heck is someone going to improve if you give them rave reviews but then turn around and take off a point. (Especially when someone else stumbled and still got 9 and a 10)

• Love 6

Laurie should have been docked for the lift, and the dance was again too manic, she did not finish off the shaping properly.  One of the worst Pasos  this season. Definitely not worth a 10.

Edited by RedFiat

I will be happy with any of the remaining 3 taking the trophy. They are all competent, likeable and fun. I'm rooting for Laurie and Val butt would be ok with any of the 3.

Redemption Dances:  I'm starting to feel really old. I don't know any of the music. THANK YOU Hinch and Sharna for their Foxtrot to "It had to be You". The music actually matches the dance. Many seasons ago I could identify the dance just by hearing the music. No more!

Freestyles: Lindsey & Cal - so fun & entertaining. He's been a pleasure to watch all season. I did recognize the music to this one.

Janna & Gleb - I really didn''t understand the point of this dance and did not enjoy it at all.

Laurie & Val - fun, fun, fun. Just made me smile through the whole thing.

James and Sharna - Wow, just wow.

Good luck to all.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, stillbored said:

I thought that Laurie did a great job on her redemption dance. I was expecting 10's across the boards for it and was disappointed tha CA and julianne only gave 9. My biggest issue with the 9's is that there comments gave ZERO indication that they thought there was something wrong with the dance. They both praised her to the fullest and then they docked her a mark. If you're going to give less than a 10, you should say why on earth you're docking the marks. How the heck is someone going to improve if you give them rave reviews but then turn around and take off a point. (Especially when someone else stumbled and still got 9 and a 10)

At this point in the season, I suspect they are also judging for overall impact...and perhaps CI and Julianne felt there was something that might have been improved in that area. But I do agree that they should have mentioned what they found lacking.

1 minute ago, sinycalone said:

At this point in the season, I suspect they are also judging for overall impact...and perhaps CI and Julianne felt there was something that might have been improved in that area. But I do agree that they should have mentioned what they found lacking.

It was lacking.  Her footwork was not precise, she did not close properly on the side chaissezs, they had a lift that should not be part of Paso,  and her arm shaping wasn't that great.  The 10 was incredibly generous.

I usually really like Sharna, but, man, I didn't really like that freestyle for James. The voiceover was too much. When she was all, "I want to know what you were thinking/feeling when you were unconscious" in some of the prep package, I had to roll my eyes. Still, he danced it well. 

Laurie and Calvin both had great freestyles. This is a great final three. 

• Love 9

Wow, Gleb really dropped the ball tonight. I thought his dances were totally lackluster compared to everyone else.

From the redemption dances, Laurie's was clearly the best IMO, but they can't make too much of a difference in scores now since then you get cries of "unfair" and ridiculous bashing (as if she didn't get enough of that already), and she doesn't need that.

Calvin's freestyle was great fun. Sharna's was lovely, but it did feel a bit like "concept eats all", but then that's been my problem with her all season (and perhaps my general problem with her as a choreographer). I think Laurie's was beautiful and 100% her. The yellow sundress, the joyfulness and you clearly saw how she loved performing it. Best freestyle Val has ever done IMO.

I thought from the start that should Val drop the ball on the freestyle, someone else will win. But...he didn't. He didn't need to deliver the best one (though I thought he did), he just needed to keep her in contention. Laurie and Val might have done enough, it will be close though and I wouldn't be surprised at a different outcome either. And I give Val mad props for keeping it emotionally truthful in the FS, I'm sure it's tempting to search for "bigger" or "more dramatic" because you have the suspiscion that it will have more impact. But it would have been dead wrong for Laurie, and I'm glad he didn't go there. Killer season from him IMO, absolutely outstanding work throughout.

• Love 7

I'm pulling for Laurie, have been since the beginning, that's not changed.

But about tonight. There was nothing in the promotional dances for LaLa Land or whatever it's called that make me want to see it. Not that I go out to movies anyway, but this one won't even go on my Netflix someday list.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RedFiat said:

A season long gymnastic rigidity and not improving is a boring season. The gym princess messed up her Freestyle at the beginning, but not even a mention, or for the illegal lift on the Paso doble. 

Not hating, but where does this opinion of Laurie come from? I can see if you can see her talent but prefer someone else, but I don't understand where hatred or dislike for her comes from.

IMO, James is the one who got off easy this season. Never had to do Salsa or Samba and instead of the judges allowing him to show growth and re-do a Cha Cha or Paso, they had him "redeem" himself with a dance that already was good for him. I don't care if he did it on Ellen either.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I usually really like Sharna, but, man, I didn't really like that freestyle for James. The voiceover was too much. When she was all, "I want to know what you were thinking/feeling when you were unconscious" in some of the prep package, I had to roll my eyes. Still, he danced it well. 

Laurie and Calvin both had great freestyles. This is a great final three. 

James has made it through this season with minimal Latin.  I sense that is because he can't sell it. Regardless of what he may have done on Ellen, his Latin on the show has been a joke. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PBGamer89 said:

Not hating, but where does this opinion of Laurie come from? I can see if you can see her talent but prefer someone else, but I don't understand where hatred or dislike for her comes from.

For me, she is a gymnast.  I don't see much growth in dance.  There is no hate, that's a wasted emotion.

Just now, gohawks said:

James has made it through this season with minimal Latin.  I sense that is because he can't sell it. Regardless of what he may have done on Ellen, his Latin on the show has been a joke. 

No hate here!  Except he also did Rumba and nobody in the finals did that dance all season long.

2 minutes ago, RedFiat said:

For me, she is a gymnast.  I don't see much growth in dance.  There is no hate, that's a wasted emotion.

No hate here!  Except he also did Rumba and nobody in the finals did that dance all season long.

Her being a gymnast isn't her fault. If anything it's harder because of the immense expectation placed on her.

No one else doing Rumba isn't anyone's fault either and imagine if they gave it to Laurie and all would've complained that they had a 16 year old Rumba with Val.

Laurie actually did every Latin dance except Rumba. James did Paso, his lowest score; Cha Cha one of his weakest and Jive which doesn't require hip action and Rumba which was his best Latin but still not perfect.

• Love 4