Type keyword(s) to search

Politics in the Media

2 hours ago, potatoradio said:

I found a link to the group that's pushing for companies to pull their advertising: sleeping giants. Apparently, it's an activist Twitter account that gained a lot of traction and there is a growing list of companies pulling their ads. I plan to support those companies any way I can. Frosted Strawberry Pop Tarts, baby!

I'm laughing my arse off at Breitbart's whining about Kellogg's being "unamerican." I do not think that word means what you think it means. 

The homophobes here in MN, when General Mills openly proclaimed support for marriage equality, stirred up this "dump General Mills" protest and told people to bring all of their GM cereal to a drop site. They got about 200 boxes. Whew! That really showed GM! Apparently, gay cereal is fine for poor and homeless people, though, because the cereal was donated to a food shelf. There were probably a bunch of poor kids who turned gay from eating Cheerios, so....yeah, sorry, not sorry...

Honestly, "conservatives," you kinda suck at protests. Why don't you take a seat and watch how it works over the next few years? You'll have plenty of opportunity....

Thanks, potato radio! That was really helpful!

• Love 2
  • Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia calling left-leaning journalists:

Journalists report hacking warning on Gmail

OK, I don't know for a fact that it's Russia. Just that, hmmmm, curious....a bunch of liberal media figures (Ezra Klein, Rachel Maddow, and now Keith Olbermann) report seeing a hacking warning on their email. 

Now, lemme think....who'd want to try to wreck our country by hacking into emails for "dirt" to use to create chaos and fake news and try to establish a "reason" for abolishing the First Amendment and a state run media? 

Could it be...

*SNL Church Lady voice*

PUTIN?! 

Nah....that's nuts. That's tin foil hat stuff.

Just because Keith Olbermann says that it was just as real as the time he got a threat of mailed anthrax and he had to be in a hazmat suit for hours while the FBI searched his building. Yeah, he's a just a librull hack and stooopid and he LOST, so he should just shut up already.

But I'd sure love for the MSM to make a much bigger stink about this.

Because I really fucking hate borscht. And human rights violations. And fascism. 

• Love 10

Found a couple of articles dealing with hacking via Russia.

One via the Guardian -- German spy chief thinks that Russia could have tampered

One via Politico -- Senate intel tells the president that election could have been messed with

The latter one I just heard about via Rachel Maddow. The latter one says a lot, but when more than one side comes out and says something about it, that gets my antenna up.

@potatoradio I wouldn't put it past them (the Russians). Trying to hack into journalists gmail accounts.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, callmebetty said:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/oja7qu/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-tomi-lahren---giving-a-voice-to-conservative-america-on--tomi-

I just watched this Trevor Noah interview.  I don't know who this broad is, but very interesting and good for you Trevor on grilling someone with the same question, even if that person won't answer  it. Of course you don't think people should protest and won't say the right way to do it, because you've never been a victim so you've never had to protest. Well good for you Ms. Thing, of course you've never been a victim your a pretty white girl with I'm sure money, so what do you have to complain about and why should you have any empathy and put yourself in other people's shoes that would require feelings and critical thinking.  I wish more people would do that, keep asking the same question until they answer it or they tell you they aren't going to answer it.  I would be a thorn in people's asses cause I would just parrot, why, how, when, who, what consistently.

The funniest part of that interview was when this person (I don't even want to know her name)  said "I'm a millennial, I don't believe in labels!"  WTF?  Talk about an oxymoron - labeling yourself a millennial to discourage labels?

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, backformore said:

The funniest part of that interview was when this person (I don't even want to know her name)  said "I'm a millennial, I don't believe in labels!"  WTF?  Talk about an oxymoron - labeling yourself a millennial to discourage labels?

Or "I don't see color" Trevor " Then how do you see a stoplight ?"

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Here are some photos of the "victory" rally in Cincinnati last night.  The stadium is half empty, LOL

Thanks, @SonofaBiscuit! That's good to see, and what I hope drives more of the MSM narrative. Tubby's getting too much credit for rallying a mass of people when the body counts and facts don't bear that out in this case. It confirms that he in no way has the will of the people behind him and isn't unifying anyone (not that I expected that). 

Only way he's going to unify us is when he destroys the planet when he fucks up for good and hits the nuclear codes. Death is a yuge, bigly good unifier. Kinda trumps everything.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

Thanks, @SonofaBiscuit! That's good to see, and what I hope drives more of the MSM narrative. Tubby's getting too much credit for rallying a mass of people when the body counts and facts don't bear that out in this case. It confirms that he in no way has the will of the people behind him and isn't unifying anyone (not that I expected that). 

Only way he's going to unify us is when he destroys the planet when he fucks up for good and hits the nuclear codes. Death is a yuge, bigly good unifier. Kinda trumps everything.

Word. Shows that probably a lot of the people that were there were paid off.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Here are some photos of the "victory" rally in Cincinnati last night.  The stadium is half empty, LOL.

ETA: Here are a few more photos from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/804493299973287936

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/804461109025603584

What is so aggravating and unprofessional is that Jim Acosta reported on the rally for CNN but never showed those pictures or made note of the poor attendance. And the media wonders why the public doesn't trust them and what they're reporting.

CNN also had a special report from Randy(? I think her name is?) interviewing Trump supporters and of course every one of them was still raving about the orange buffoon and talking about how he was going to be the greatest president evah!! Were there only drooling sycophants there? I'm sure she could have found one or two that might have made her report a little more balanced but CNN still won't air anything less than Beatlemania-like fervor for Trump.

• Love 4

CNN's all over the Taiwan phone call this morning.  The republicans don't care.

In fact republican pundit Ben Ferguson basically said, it's about time.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Here are some photos of the "victory" rally in Cincinnati last night.  The stadium is half empty, LOL.

I saw where early on his speech, he said that "thousands" of people were still outside trying to get in and "should we wait for them? I don't think we should wait. They're late!" or some such nonsense to justify all the empty seats. And people have been tweeting those photos to him but Trumpists just reply, "why do you libtards keep taking pictures from before the rally starts?" They also claim the double chin photos are photoshopped. Honestly, I don't know how his supporters even have time to tweet what with all the time they must spend running out to the store to buy more tinfoil for their hats.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 12

David Gergen On Trump's Victory Lap: 'I Knew I Didn't Like The Son Of A Bitch'

Gergen didn't mince words last night on CNN, as Trump's victory lap last night in Cincinnati met with scorn and derision from the CNN contributor.

Source: Liberal America

Last night in Cincinnati, Ohio, Donald Trump took what can best be described as a victory lap. While his speech began with talk of “unity” and compassion, it quickly devolved into attacks on the media, immigrants, and anyone who didn’t vote for him.

When the speech was over with, a panel on CNN discussed what they had just seen, David Gergen, who served as an advisor to Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton, said he had been disheartened by what Trump’s remarks, commenting:

“I think if there was any doubt that we’re putting an end to one chapter in American history and moving to a new one, he dispelled that tonight. This is goodbye to American leadership in the world. Goodbye to globalization. He’s bringing America home. He’s going to lead a nativist, nationalistic, populist movement and if you want to join up with him fine. If you don’t, forget it.”

Gergen added that it’s now clear the President-elect will push his agenda, “and he’s going to do it in his pugilistic, narcissistic way.” He then added:

“He’s in charge. And he has a lot of support in the Congress. That kind of speech will fire up his base, and it’s going to leave a lot of other people—”

His voice trailing off, Gergen then said what a lot of us have been thinking and feelings ever since Trump began his run for the White House last year:

“I knew I didn’t like the son of a bitch.”

• Love 17

CNN has become the anti-Fox.  The once-respected news station has taken the lead from Fox and has become a sensationalist, biased news outlet that is unwatchable by anyone seeking an intelligent reporting of our country's news.  Just as Fox was horrible during the Obama years, CNN, in an effort to get the Fox News ratings, is whoring itself to appeal to viewers' political frustrations.

What a shame.

• Love 2

Last week I read about the story of Comet Ping Pong (a pizza restaurant in DC) and how some fake news sites where running stories that the restaurant was a front for a child sex abuse ring led by Hillary Clinton and John Podesta. Naturally the stories, now dubbed "Pizzagate," ended up on being shared constantly by malleable useful idiots on every social media platform available and, naturally, the death threats came pouring in. (Here's the NYT article)

So, it came as no surprise to me that last night some crazy asshole from NC drove to DC to do some "self investigation," and brought along his gun (for assistance, I guess) and threatened an employee before firing inside the restaurant. Luckily, no one was killed and the asshole was apprehended. {Man Motivated by ‘Pizzagate’ Conspiracy Theory Arrested in Washington Gunfire)

I guess I spent too much time watching MSNBC evenings and have missed Van Jones.

But not tomorrow night!

He's hosting a Messy Truth  live tomorrow, Tuesday Dec. 6 at 9pm est.

'One month after election night, Van Jones will explore how voters are feeling about the unprecedented election of Donald Trump. The program will include Van’s conversations with Americans from across the political spectrum and special guests including former presidential candidate Rick Santorum, documentary film maker Michael Moore, and CNN Political Commentator and republican strategist Ana Navarro.

During the one-hour live special, Jones and the special guests will take questions from a live studio audience at the Time Warner Center in New York.  The program will also feature Van’s interviews with Trump supporters in Ohio, where he traveled earlier this week. '

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Last week I read about the story of Comet Ping Pong (a pizza restaurant in DC) and how some fake news sites where running stories that the restaurant was a front for a child sex abuse ring led by Hillary Clinton and John Podesta. Naturally the stories, now dubbed "Pizzagate," ended up on being shared constantly by malleable useful idiots on every social media platform available and, naturally, the death threats came pouring in. (Here's the NYT article)

So, it came as no surprise to me that last night some crazy asshole from NC drove to DC to do some "self investigation," and brought along his gun (for assistance, I guess) and threatened an employee before firing inside the restaurant. Luckily, no one was killed and the asshole was apprehended. {Man Motivated by ‘Pizzagate’ Conspiracy Theory Arrested in Washington Gunfire)

And one of the people who spread the lies about Comet that led to the shooting was Trump's pick for National Security Advisor.

Y4Bk28Q.png

Currently, Flynn's idiot son's entire twitter timeline is that the rumors are true, the shooting inside the restaurant was staged, and the gunman was an actor. The last bit is based on the fact that the gunman's name is Edgar M. Welch and there's a person listed on IMDb with a couple of acting credits named Edgar Maddison Welch, which is obviously ironclad proof that Hillary is a pedophile.

I guess this is how it's going to go from now on. Trumpists will concoct some ridiculous lie/conspiracy theory, one of their more insane brethren will act on it and innocent people will get hurt, Trumpists will then say, "NO THAT WAS U!" and back it with a new lie/conspiracy theory. Fun for the whole family!

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 8

Oh and just so everyone's clear on where Republicans stand on the truth:

Trump falsely claimed he would have won the popular vote if millions of people hadn't voted illegally.

On ABC's This Week yesterday, Mike Pence said to George Stephanopoulos, "Look, I don’t know that that is a false statement, George, and neither do you,” and that it was "refreshing" to have a President-Elect who says what he "believes to be true."

Also on Face the Nation yesterday, Reince Priebus told John Dickerson, “You don’t know that that’s not true. It’s possible.”

When asked about it on 60 Minutes yesterday, Paul Ryan laughingly said to Scott Pelley, “I don’t know, I’m not really focused on these things,” “I have no knowledge of such things," and “but it doesn’t matter to me. He won the election.” Ryan had a choice between telling the truth or saying he doesn't care whether there is or isn't massive voter fraud as long as his party is in power, and he chose the latter.

Welcome to Fact-Free America.

Edited by fishcakes
Because This Week ≠ Face the Nation
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

On Face the Nation yesterday, Mike Pence said to George Stephanopoulos, "Look, I don’t know that that is a false statement, George, and neither do you,” and that it was "refreshing" to have a President-Elect who says what he "believes to be true."

I give George some credit for replying that he DID know it was true that millions did not vote illegally, and for asking why it is refreshing for Trump to lie.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

My husband and I have had date nights at Comet Ping Pong on many a Saturday night.  We don't have children ourselves, but we love the kid-friendly atmosphere, as well as the creative pizzas, drinks and appetizers.  Children absolutely love that place and the owner did an amazing job of making it a fun place for families.  The ping-pong tables in the back--which are in plain view--add a nice touch to the place.  We live down the street from the restaurant and we were curious as to why we heard so many police sirens yesterday and cruisers flying down Connecticut Avenue.  Imagine our shock when we learned what happened.  Now, our fun little place has been ruined and it's doubtful that we will ever feel safe dining there again.

This pisses me off to the highest of pissivity.  Everything that Fanta Fucker touches turns to absolute shit!  It can't be overstated how much I hate, loathe and despise that creep and I'm sick of his ignorant, dimwitted sychophants who will believe any negative story about Hillary Clinton, no matter how nonsensical.    

But, oh...let me guess...this guy was also a hardworking person from the Rust Belt or Bible Belt who was upset about being left behind economically.  Yeah, right.  Amazing how he was taken in alive for questioning.  Now, let that had been someone else of another demographic and that shit would have ended quite differently.

• Love 20
21 hours ago, izabella said:

I give George some credit for replying that he DID know it was true that millions did not vote illegally, and for asking why it is refreshing for Trump to lie.

On Monday's show, Trevor Noah had a segment on "The Daily Show Crapcatcher Award" for journalists who call out bullshit. First recipients: George Stephanopoulos for that interview and Jake Tapper.

Coincidentally, Samantha Bee did the same thing on Monday with her "Thunderc**nt" Award. (It's named after an online troll who calls her that.) She gave it to Jake Tapper as well.

I really hope the majority of non-Fox journalists will continue to stand up against the onslaught of lies and abnormal behavior. It's hard not to buckle under the weight of talking Trumpheads who insist that up is down, but the effort needs to be made every time.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

My husband and I have had date nights at Comet Ping Pong on many a Saturday night.  We don't have children ourselves, but we love the kid-friendly atmosphere, as well as the creative pizzas, drinks and appetizers.  Children absolutely love that place and the owner did an amazing job of making it a fun place for families.  The ping-pong tables in the back--which are in plain view--add a nice touch to the place.  We live down the street from the restaurant and we were curious as to why we heard so many police sirens yesterday and cruisers flying down Connecticut Avenue.  Imagine our shock when we learned what happened.  Now, our fun little place has been ruined and it's doubtful that we will ever feel safe dining there again.

This pisses me off to the highest of pissivity.  Everything that Fanta Fucker touches turns to absolute shit!  It can't be overstated how much I hate, loathe and despise that creep and I'm sick of his ignorant, dimwitted sychophants who will believe any negative story about Hillary Clinton, no matter how nonsensical.    

But, oh...let me guess...this guy was also a hardworking person from the Rust Belt or Bible Belt who was upset about being left behind economically.  Yeah, right.  Amazing how he was taken in alive for questioning.  Now, let that had been someone else of another demographic and that shit would have ended quite differently.

First of all, hugs and love to you.

This story is yet another example of how the Orange-Tinted Turd destroys everything he touches, even indirectly. If the asshole who shot up the place was Black or Latino, then he would have been dead, proving once again that White privilege isn't just for the rich. That this happened because prospective National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and his son (two more assholes) treated a fake news story as gospel without caring about the consequences is beneath contempt.  Worse, instead of apologizing for their mistake, Pa & Sonny Boy Flynn not only doubled down, now they're saying that the pizzeria owner has to prove his innocence! That one of Trump's minions not only blame one of Trump's victims for what happened to them, they expect them to fix it is disgusting, not surprising. The pizzeria owner didn't make up the story, didn't retweet it and he sure as Hell didn't risk innocent lives. Trump's willingness to put our nation's security in Flynn's hands is disturbing, to say the least.  As far as I'm concerned, the only ones to blame for this are the fool who wrote the story, the site that originally published it, the fools who believed it and the one who perpetrated a terrorist act because of it. And Trump, because he's Trump.  

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, bittersweet4149 said:

San Francisco issues an official response to Tubby's election: Bitch, please!

I love it.

WOW!!!  *applause, applause, applause*  Let's give a standing ovation to San Francisco's Board of Supervisors and resolve to always follow them down the path of love and compassion, openness and tolerance, fairness and equity and decency and integrity.  The Resistance is strong.  Viva La Resistance!

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

This will be the declaration of independence when California secedes.

Can Oregon and Washington and Hawaii come, too?  There's even a name that's been put forward for the new country -- Cascadia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(independence_movement)

Cascadia is a bioregion and possible proposed country located within the western region of North America. Potential boundaries differ, with some drawn along existing political state and provincial lines, and others drawn along larger ecological, cultural, and economic boundaries.

The country might consist of Washington, Oregon, portions of other U.S. states and British Columbia, Canada. At its maximum extent, Cascadia would stretch from coastal Southeast Alaska in the north into Northern California in the south, and inland to include parts of Idaho, Western Montana, Wyoming, and Yukon. More conservative proposed borders include the land west of the crest of Cascade Range, and the western side of British Columbia.

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 1

Oh no they didn't! 

Hair Gropenfuher is Time's choice. Hilary was the runner up. : head banging off kitchen table 

I do have to give props to CBC's Heather Hiscox for announcing it as a "bigly" honour for the orange faced shitgibbon. Snerk

• Love 2

The FBI has decided to hit the ground running in Trump's new era of political oppression.

The FBI Is Investigating Me Because I Tweeted A Joke About Fake News

The first phone call I received from the special agent came just four days after my original tweet. But Justice Department rules require FBI agents to consult with the Criminal Division at least 30 days before attempting to question a journalist “whenever the proposed questioning may relate to an offense the member of the news media ‘is suspected of having committed in the course of, or arising out of, newsgathering activities.’” If the Criminal Division determines the investigation clearly connects to newsgathering activities, the FBI must then notify the director of the department’s Office of Public Affairs and obtain the attorney general’s “express authorization” before trying to question the journalist.

Based on my colleague Ryan J. Reilly’s reporting, that didn’t happen here.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

Lots of empty seats at the Fayetteville NC "thank you" rally last night.  Here are links to some photos since we're still not supposed to embed tweets:

Here, here, here, here, and here.  

I noticed that Santa Claus was in the first row in the last picture.  Doesn't he have better things to do with his time at this time of the year?  Reindeer to feed?  Elves to supervise?  Malls to visit?  A sleigh to gas up for a very long night? Lists to check to see who was naughty or nice?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I noticed that Santa Claus was in the first row in the last picture.  Doesn't he have better things to do with his time at this time of the year?  Reindeer to feed?  Elves to supervise?  Malls to visit?  A sleigh to gas up for a very long night? Lists to check to see who was naughty or nice?

I noticed that too! Also I love the tagline for one of the photos The No Thank you Tour , ha!

So many empty seats! Sad!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Maybe he's verifying the attendees in order to place them on the naughty list by default.

• Love 9