Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

That’s fair. I was just hoping for something on the level of People’s Couch or The Soup. I know the point is that they are fans but it was a little TOO positive. I don’t mind most of the panelists individually (but I didn’t think the UFC guy added much). 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

That’s fair. I was just hoping for something on the level of People’s Couch or The Soup. I know the point is that they are fans but it was a little TOO positive. I don’t mind most of the panelists individually (but I didn’t think the UFC guy added much). 

I also think that it was the first episode and how could they ignore that reunion when it happened such a short time ago. I haven’t added it to my recordings but I will watch the next 2 or 3 episodes and see what happens.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

But he looked pretty.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MaggieG said:

I'm confused. Are Gretchen and Slade testifying on Jim's behalf? And Shannon and Tamra on Alexis's behalf?

No, Jim is trying to sue Shannon/Tamra for 1 million dollars and Gretchen/Slade wants to testify on Jims behalf backing him up that they like to talk about other people.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm confused. Are Gretchen and Slade testifying on Jim's behalf? And Shannon and Tamra on Alexis's behalf?

Gretchen and Slade have offered to testify on the plaintiff's behalf (I can't imagine how they could be helpful, but okay).  Shannon and Tamra are defendants. 

It all sounds pretty nothingburger -- defamation cases are usually not easy wins at all.  The issues have to be proven with facts, and the connection between what they said and harm to plaintiff has to be clear-cut or it won't fly.

People gossiping isn't illegal.  If what he alleges Tamra and Shannon said turns out to be the truth, it's an absolute defense, meaning they can't be penalized for it.  Proving that something they said or wrote in social media directly caused him financial loss will be the most difficult hill for Jim.  I mean, who believes what Tamra says?  He has to not only prove that she said something that damaged him, he also has to prove that the public tends to believe what she says.  HA!

Personally, I don't believe Shannon would have said anything Jim could hang his hat on.  She's just not a gossip or shit talker that I can remember (someone who yells curses and melts down, yes.  Shit talker, no.)  I just don't happen to believe he can meet his burden.  Who's his lawyer again?  I'd look for the lawyer to substitute out when Jim starts to not pay the bill, cuz it will be expensive.  Probably not too far down the road, and the whole thing will fall flat.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Gretchen and Slade have offered to testify on the plaintiff's behalf (I can't imagine how they could be helpful, but okay).  Shannon and Tamra are defendants. 

It all sounds pretty nothingburger -- defamation cases are usually not easy wins at all.  The issues have to be proven with facts, and the connection between what they said and harm to plaintiff has to be clear-cut or it won't fly.

People gossiping isn't illegal.  If what he alleges Tamra and Shannon said turns out to be the truth, it's an absolute defense, meaning they can't be penalized for it.  Proving that something they said or wrote in social media directly caused him financial loss will be the most difficult hill for Jim.  I mean, who believes what Tamra says?  He has to not only prove that she said something that damaged him, he also has to prove that the public tends to believe what she says.  HA!

Personally, I don't believe Shannon would have said anything Jim could hang his hat on.  She's just not a gossip or shit talker that I can remember (someone who yells curses and melts down, yes.  Shit talker, no.)  I just don't happen to believe he can meet his burden.  Who's his lawyer again?  I'd look for the lawyer to substitute out when Jim starts to not pay the bill, cuz it will be expensive.  Probably not too far down the road, and the whole thing will fall flat.

I sorta wondered if Tammy Sue is selling their new house because of potential legal bills.  Jim seems like the type to drag it out to up her bills.  Can't say I am really sad that Tamra has to go through this.  She had to know her mouth would get her into trouble someday.  I am saying this as someone who NEVER liked Jim.  Alexis I wasn't super fond of either but I think she is too slow witted to be a real threat to anything.  Except her bras which have to struggle under the weight of that boobage.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I sorta wondered if Tammy Sue is selling their new house because of potential legal bills.  Jim seems like the type to drag it out to up her bills.  Can't say I am really sad that Tamra has to go through this.  She had to know her mouth would get her into trouble someday.  I am saying this as someone who NEVER liked Jim.  Alexis I wasn't super fond of either but I think she is too slow witted to be a real threat to anything.  Except her bras which have to struggle under the weight of that boobage.

I read that the house has sold, for $1.8m already (in 3 days I think), and that they're already purchased a house in Coto de Caza or whatever that's called, for something like $2.1 or more.  So apparently, things are okay.

• Love 2
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

I read that the house has sold, for $1.8m already (in 3 days I think), and that they're already purchased a house in Coto de Caza or whatever that's called, for something like $2.1 or more.  So apparently, things are okay.

Good to hear!

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Who is Tammy Sue?

Edited by AnnA
On 9/26/2018 at 8:34 AM, Reality police said:

But he looked pretty.

On 9/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, ghoulina said:

Which UFC guy did they have?

On 9/26/2018 at 5:05 PM, ivygirl said:

His name is Brendan Schaub

I saw this on an ad without context.  You may change your mind if I heard it correctly. 

Spoiler

In the game Shag, Marry, Kill, I'm pretty sure he wants to Shag CSC aka Vicki Gunvalson.  (Insert hairball noise)

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I saw this on an ad without context.  You may change your mind if I heard it correctly. 

Wow, if that’s true...

Spoiler

He’s been hit on the head a few too many times...

• Love 3
On 9/27/2018 at 9:42 PM, dosodog said:

Hide contents

In the game Shag, Marry, Kill, I'm pretty sure he wants to Shag CSC aka Vicki Gunvalson.  (Insert hairball noise)

Yeah, not so pretty anymore. 

On 9/26/2018 at 11:02 PM, bagger said:

when will Gretchen and Slade realize their time on the OC is over. They really need to move on and maybe go find real jobs?

That pix of Tammy Sue is horrible. She looks like she has been lost in the desert with no water.

I love Shannon but those eyes are venturing into Ramonaland. Wow.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Now all he needs is to claim he found Jesus! 

WALNUTQUEEN: What are you doing up so early?! Lol

"AMEN".

I'm always up early - I only sleep a few hours at a stretch (but I take LOTS of naps!).  ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My takeaway from this --

There was a Spartan Race and Eddie was going to Lake Tahoe for the Spartan Race and he’s like, ‘Hey bud! See you there!’ And David’s not happy with the way I’ve talked about him and supported Shannon and Eddie said, ‘Dude, it’s TV. Get over it.’ He’s like, ‘I don’t need friends like that!’ So they broke up,” Tamra explained.

and this --

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

But David told Page Six on Tuesday that there was more to the story than what Tamra disclosed.

“I’ve spent several weekends with Eddie Spartan Racing and I would never do that to him nor would I ever expect my ‘friend’ Eddie to do that to me.”

“I also told Eddie via text [that] friends don’t say all the lies his wife said on the show and if this is acceptable that’s not a ‘friendship’ — show or no show,” he explained.

-- is that David acted like a guy disinterested in the drama. Eddie, conversely, acted like a HW (might rethink this approach, Eddie, old boy).

Anyway, I gotta side with David here. 

• Love 3

It seems so obvious that Eddie does whatever it takes to keep Tamra bringing home the money. 

Simon hasn't been involved in this shitfest HoWives show for many years. I'm sure if he wanted to be a part of it, Andy Cohen would welcome it and pay him. I have no hate or love for Simon, but I do know that he stays away from Tamra's drama and de$peration. Eddie used to stand his ground with Tamra's b.s. Now he just goes along with it. Otherwise they would be living a much meager existence....No 5 bedroom 6 bath homes and no pig-faced Ryan mooching off mom. If Eddie is smart he'll divorce Tamra while she's the main source of income and he can get spousal support.  He's younger than Tamra and there are so many young, beautiful women in their 30's here in south Orange County who would love to be with a kind,calm decent man like Eddie. 

• Love 6

Maybe the Bravo contract that the housewives sign, states that husbands (except Gina's "husband". Lol!) must participate in the show occasionally? I don't know and probably never will.

Simon is gone from the show, David Beador is gone, so we're now left with Eddie Judge and Emily's ho- husband (forgot his name). Those 2 are the only "husbands". 

All I do know for certain....I'm doing my very best to keep on watching but I'm really a millimeter from dumping this franchise for good (except to come here to read the witty, snarky comments!)

• Love 6
On 10/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, bagger said:

DAvid Beador didn’t mind the “tv drama” when he was in the thick of it.

No argument, but maybe he feels since he's no longer on the show he shouldn't have to deal with associated BS?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe the Bravo contract that the housewives sign, states that husbands (except Gina's "husband". Lol!) must participate in the show occasionally? I don't know and probably never will.

Simon is gone from the show, David Beador is gone, so we're now left with Eddie Judge and Emily's ho- husband (forgot his name). Those 2 are the only "husbands". 

All I do know for certain....I'm doing my very best to keep on watching but I'm really a millimeter from dumping this franchise for good (except to come here to read the witty, snarky comments!)

Please don't leave us, @chenoa333!!!  I know I can always find you in the animal show topics, but your absence in the ho'wives forums will be noted by this "User".

• Love 7
On 10/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, walnutqueen said:

Please don't leave us, @chenoa333!!!  I know I can always find you in the animal show topics, but your absence in the ho'wives forums will be noted by this "User".

Oh hell, WalnutQueen.....as the famous line from "Broke Back Mountain" goes: "I just can't quit ya'"

I threaten to quit but my "hate watching" RHOC is a real thing. The more I watch the more I snark! It's free emotional therapy! But thanks for your kind thoughts fellow critter lover! Meowwwww! Lol

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
On 10/9/2018 at 4:53 AM, chenoa333 said:

Poor, delusional Josh Waring.  He wants to get his bar card, and then he wants to go to law school.  Uh-huh.  Shows a remarkable grasp of the process.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, though.  Laurie is equally delusional.  Because her psychic told her Josh was going to be connected with the law, she believes he's suited to the legal profession and is behind him all the way.  Uh-huh.

I guess they haven't heard the part about how once you graduate law school and actually pass the bar, then there's the extensive criminal background check (which by the way will include ALL juvenile beefs regardless of the general rule) after which the powers that be at the state bar will decide whether or not the candidate is morally fit to be an attorney. 

Yes.  Being a practicing attorney could totally happen for Josh if he could just get out of prison.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Poor, delusional Josh Waring.  He wants to get his bar card, and then he wants to go to law school.  Uh-huh.  Shows a remarkable grasp of the process.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, though.  Laurie is equally delusional.  Because her psychic told her Josh was going to be connected with the law, she believes he's suited to the legal profession and is behind him all the way.  Uh-huh.

I guess they haven't heard the part about how once you graduate law school and actually pass the bar, then there's the extensive criminal background check (which by the way will include ALL juvenile beefs regardless of the general rule) after which the powers that be at the state bar will decide whether or not the candidate is morally fit to be an attorney. 

Yes.  Being a practicing attorney could totally happen for Josh if he could just get out of prison.

And get his lengthy criminal arrest history erased.

So Lauri went to a "psychic?? Please tell me you're kidding? If so, the psychic was right....Josh IS connected to the law. The law that puts you behind bars. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 10
On 10/11/2018 at 5:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

I left a couple of seasons ago.  Couldn't take the shrieking.  Couldn't take the back-stabbing.  I left during the season when they were gas-lighting Shannon just before David left her.  I tried coming back the next season, but the gas-lighting and abuse of Shannon continued and that was enough for me to walk away.

When they have actual, married housewives on this show, I might come back, but the entire franchise is a mockery of the term 'housewives' when darned few of them are actually even married anymore (I'm looking at you RHONYC) and too many of them aren't even so much as dating.

I think the franchise has run its course and either needs re-tooling or shelving.  In any case, you're welcome CHENOA to join me in the sane world where people speak rationally in tones below that of a dog whistle.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, b2H said:

I left a couple of seasons ago.  Couldn't take the shrieking.  Couldn't take the back-stabbing.  I left during the season when they were gas-lighting Shannon just before David left her.  I tried coming back the next season, but the gas-lighting and abuse of Shannon continued and that was enough for me to walk away.

When they have actual, married housewives on this show, I might come back, but the entire franchise is a mockery of the term 'housewives' when darned few of them are actually even married anymore (I'm looking at you RHONYC) and too many of them aren't even so much as dating.

I think the franchise has run its course and either needs re-tooling or shelving.  In any case, you're welcome CHENOA to join me in the sane world where people speak rationally in tones below that of a dog whistle.

Thank you B2H for the invitation to a world of sanity but I'm afraid I wouldn't fit in. Lol! 

And I doubt the HoWife franchises will ever feature real married folks. 

• Love 2

I'm not surprised. Vicki just used Kelly when she was on the outs with the other girls. Now that Shannon and Tamra are giving Vicki the time of day again, she has no use for Kelly. She has been horrible to Kelly this season. 

• Love 12
On October 16, 2018 at 5:59 PM, chenoa333 said:

And I doubt the HoWife franchises will ever feature real married folks. 

Beverly Hills has real married folks.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Teddi is married, Dorit is married, and even Erika is legally married. Hell, even Denise is married, and Camille will be in two days. 

Thanks Sew Sumi! You're better than Google! Lol. 

• Love 2

^^^ Is that spanx showing under the cutout side of Vicki’s dress? And look at how it’s all bunched up on the back. She always dresses ridiculously, but this look is revolting. I would say more, but I’m speechless ? 

She obviously doesn’t look in a mirror. 

• Love 7
On 10/16/2018 at 9:58 AM, Anne Thrax said:

In the jurisdictions I'm familiar with, the moral character thing is done while in law school, the earlier the better.  Which makes sense, because if the state isn't going to give you a license, there's no reason to spend time in law school, never mind taking the bar. 

I know a guy who got licensed who, when he was in middle school 40 years ago, walked into his classroom and shot and killed his teacher in front of the rest of the class.  His dad was politically connected, and the kid spent some time in a psychiatric hospital but ultimately went to law school and is licensed as an attorney. 

Normally I would say that someone with Josh's history and apparent character has a zero chance of getting licensed as an attorney, but man, you never know.  Fortunately, nobody in Josh's family is anywhere near as connected as this guy's dad was, so at least he doesn't have that assist and maybe the facts alone will doom his aspirations to join the bar.  We can only hope.

• Love 1