Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Fall

Josette

Humanity teeters on the edge of destruction. The Master finally reveals himself. Eph, Fet, Setrakian, and Dutch must overcome their personal differences in an effort to vanquish the strain.

Zack is the worst kid ever.  And Eph still chases after him.  Blech. 

• Love 12

I'm not that knowledgeable about nukes.  How come the 1st bomb just took down the Ancient's HQ, but the 2nd bomb took down the Statue of Libery, and also produced hurricane force winds across NY Harbor, blocked out the sun, and had a fallout risk?

I thought the scene where Kelly puts makeup on Eichorst was a nice callback to him teaching her to be "human".  Interesting difference between Kelly and Eichorst.  When the Master was trapped, he remained an evil schemer, but Kelly reverted into a more animalistic state.  Maybe because he's older?  I would like the show to delve more into how much free will Eichorst has.  Is he truly loyal to the Master, or does the Master simply allow him a greater level of brainpower than the average vampire?

It wouldn't surprise me if the show went to a new location next season.  They killed off a lot of the NY based characters in the last few episodes.  Between primary and secondary characters, all we have left are Eph, Setrakian, Fet, Dutch, and Quinlain and maybe Gus for the good side, and MasterPalmer, Eichorst and Zach on the evil side.

So is the show just trolling us now about Zach? The writers saw how much people disliked the character before and said "Well you hated him before..."

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, futurechemist said:

I'm not that knowledgeable about nukes.  How come the 1st bomb just took down the Ancient's HQ, but the 2nd bomb took down the Statue of Libery, and also produced hurricane force winds across NY Harbor, blocked out the sun, and had a fallout risk?

I thought the scene where Kelly puts makeup on Eichorst was a nice callback to him teaching her to be "human".  Interesting difference between Kelly and Eichorst.  When the Master was trapped, he remained an evil schemer, but Kelly reverted into a more animalistic state.  Maybe because he's older?  I would like the show to delve more into how much free will Eichorst has.  Is he truly loyal to the Master, or does the Master simply allow him a greater level of brainpower than the average vampire?

It wouldn't surprise me if the show went to a new location next season.  They killed off a lot of the NY based characters in the last few episodes.  Between primary and secondary characters, all we have left are Eph, Setrakian, Fet, Dutch, and Quinlain and maybe Gus for the good side, and MasterPalmer, Eichorst and Zach on the evil side.

So is the show just trolling us now about Zach? The writers saw how much people disliked the character before and said "Well you hated him before..."

Yes, they are setting Zach up to be the most hated character in television history!!!   lol He needs a beat down.

• Love 5

OK, fuck this show.

I actually yelled choice obscenities at my screen when that little shit Zach pressed the button. C'mon producers, WTF? Zach has to be the only kid in a TV series that I've wanted to see murdered in a cruel way. Even more than Joffrey from GoT.

Getting sick of this "Oh, we got the master. No we don't!" game.

• Love 6

Good finale. I knew that the plan would fall apart, but they came damn close. I loved the sequence of Quinlan fighting with the Master. The others helped by weakening him, but Quinlan did the tough work at the end. The horror and fear on Abraham's face were classic, followed by everyone's shock when Quinlan was actually able to put him into the coffin.

What to say about Zack, other than he has got to be the worse kid on tv and movies since Damien. Zack doesn't even have the excuse of being Satan's son or being possessed. He is just an unhappy kid lashing out. He has no concept of the evil that he is embracing. I did crack up when he realized that without the Master's control that Kelly was going to sting the hell out of him.

At least, Kelly was finally released from her suffering. She was an innocent turned into a strigoi and used by the Master and Eichhorst. In contrast, Palmer got exactly what he deserved. He made a pact with evil and then even to the end attempted to betray Abraham. I practically cheered when the Master killed him and possessed his body.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

Didnt see Palmer becoming the Master's new host..

If Zach isnt taken out by the end of at least the second episode..maybe Eichorst can do everyone a favor and be the one that does the honors

I was half-expecting either Abe or Fet to do a reference to the ending of Planet of the Apes"You maniacs!! You blew it up!!!" lol

Edited by TDT

Zach is the worst. 

Because it can't be said too many times.

Outside of him, I really enjoyed this episode. It had the elements that I thought were missing most of the season. The Master returned, with Eichorst as his ever faithful servant. The band back together again. Palmer saying his goodbyes to Setrakian. Dutch calling out Fet. Humans being driven underground.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

Of all the useless little pricks that have been on TV recently, Zach is definitely the  uselessest and the prickiest. And even though his son destroyed lower Manhattan and killed thousands of people, Eph is still worried about him.  Asswipe.  

BTW - Quinlan can get his own show whenever you guys can get around to it. 

Edited by Johnny Dollar
  • Love 14

WTF!   How is it Zach is pissed at his dad for killing his mom., who just moments before was sizing him up for a meal!  And she was kicking is dad's ass!  Would he have been pissed if she had killed his dad?  Something tells me not.  Worst kid ever!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Johnny Dollar said:

And even though his son destroyed lower Manhattan and killed thousands of people, Eph is still worried about him.  Asswipe.  

Ehh. . . I get that.  I don't think Eph should sacrifice the entire world to rescue his offspring, but I do understand that in a horrible, desperate moment Eph would want to make sure his child was safe.  It's not the same thing as approving or excusing what the kid did, just a case of trying to find and hold onto the one person left in his family.  It's probably the one thing that still makes sense in his world, even though Zach is horrible.

But, with Zach--am I missing something?  Why is the Master--and Eichorst, by extension--so very invested in one obnoxious, extraordinarily ordinary kid, whose stand-out features seem to be only his beyond awful judgment and ungratefulness?

Edited by Mari
grammar is an actual thing
  • Love 1

What happened to Gus and Quinlain?  I watched every episode, so how did they get separated?  Did Gus and Angel leave?  Gus was a badass in S1 and S2.  In S3 he's reduced to crying over his monster mommy.  Go back to Quinlain.

How was Eichhorst healed from the silver in his body?  If the Master is powerful enough to heal Eichhorst, how would the silver in the box stop him?

I still don't know how the Ancients could have easily been killed by the nuke and by the undead horde.  There is a mystical element here. 

I hate the faux relationship between Dutch and Fet.  They were amicable when Dutch decided to go back to her dramatic girlfriend.  There's no way that Fet would brood over Dutch; he has more important stuff to get done--saving the world, killing Zach, etc.  I can't stand that Fet has been reduced to a jealous ex.  Ugh, c'mon.  Badass, heroic Fet could get it with a lot of those women in NYC. 

Fet should have a problem with Eph because Eph stole the book.  Not because Eph and Dutch are doing it.  [I miss Nora a lot.  She was an excellent buffer between Fet and Eph.  Dutch, not so much.]

Fet, Abraham, Quinlain, and Dutch were great with in the fight with the Master.  They will survive the apocalypse. 

Zach, again, I have to repeat: I fuckin' hate you.  I fuckin' hate you with the fury of 1000 suns.  I hope that Fet kills you with his bare hands while Eph watches.  You are the worst.  I want to punch your try-hard Damian Face.

Spoiled brat who blames Daddy for killing Mommy.  Mommy had started the fight, Dear One.  Zach is worst than Eichhorst and Desai.  He has no problem with his little pet killing a decent human who wanted to keep him safe or with his Mommy feeding.  He hasn't been turned, and he's not an idiot.  There's no excuse for using the nuke, for injuring and killing people in the blast, and for the dark days ahead.

Eph, I blame you and your little shit son.  Next season, you better choose wisely.  If you can't see evil staring at your drunkie face, you should happily accept a bullet to the head from Fet.

Edited by spaulding
  • Love 5

Zach is an irredeemable little shit.

My only solace is that show isn't pretending he's worth saving anymore. The kid literally killed hundreds, maybe thousands, of people and basically turned a chunk of the eastern seaboard into an all-you-can-eat buffet. Zach is a super villain.

Edited by steelyis
  • Love 1

Well, yes, but why do the other villains want Zach enough to protect him?

It made sense when they were planning to trade him for the book, but I can't see a path to that any more.  It can't be they need extra human helpers--they don't seem to have a problem finding them, so why keep him around?  

I don't understand why he wasn't one of the first celebratory snacks the other bad guys enjoyed.

• Love 1

They're probably setting the little jerk up to be some kind of an evil Messiah. 

One more comment about the little shit.  He appears to be about twelve years old and grew up in New York. He's not some naive five year old kid who's been sheltered from real world evils. He should know the difference between good and evil, and should certainly know that you don't set off a nuclear bomb to get back at your dad, whether for taking away your Xbox or killing your zombified mother. And if Eph ends up saving the little punk before all of this is finished, they both should be executed for crimes against humanity. Zack for being a mass murderer and Eph for being a dumb fuck. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, themadman said:

OK, fuck this show.

I actually yelled choice obscenities at my screen when that little shit Zach pressed the button. C'mon producers, WTF? Zach has to be the only kid in a TV series that I've wanted to see murdered in a cruel way. Even more than Joffrey from GoT.

Getting sick of this "Oh, we got the master. No we don't!" game.

Sums up everything I felt from the last episode.

2 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if he was being groomed to be the Master's next vessel. So it winds up in a battle between Ef and the Master wearing Zack as a meat suit. I hope not.

I'll jump on board the Zack is one of the shittiest shits that was ever shitted. Detonate a nuke because your father (who is no great shakes) kills your monster of a mother who was trying to kill him and would kill Zack too if she got hungry enough. It is all Zack's fault that evil prevailed. If he hadn't detonated the nuke, the Master would never have escaped the box. Little shit. 

This was a decent finale. Color me shocked that the Master took over Palmer's body. Doubly shocked that the team were able to get him in the box but I knew that wouldn't last long. I just didn't expect the Zack twist. Little shit. Short but good final battle between the Master and Quinlan. 

I'll be back but Team Human + Quinlan really need to rack up some wins next season

• Love 5

What happened to Zach's vampire protector pet? Why wasn't she there when his dad was fighting his mom? Where was she? I'm guess the reason why the vampires wanted to nuke New York is because radiation does not affect them?

Edited by bookrat
  • Love 1

Zach, you fucking shit. I don't think I've ever wanted a kid eat it big time since Joffrey.  And Eph isn't much better.  Why couldn't he go with the others if his wound was so superficial? Would have avoided the whole thing. Oh yeah, plot device. 

• Love 2

When the gang was wheeling around the silver-lined box o' Palmaster, I was thinking, "Shouldn't they wrap it with straps? Chains? Duct tape?" Sigh.

Because it can never be said enough, Zach is a little shit.

• Love 5

Zach is a little puke with a nuke.  And there's no redeeming him now.  He'll do whatever bad stuff the Master wants because he's mad about his undead dead mother.  

Seriously, why would the Master want to kill off the food supply for the strigoi?  They were already taking over the cities before they dropped the bomb.

That was one dark finale.  I am pretty curious where this goes next season.  How are humans going to survive?  Things were bad enough before.  

And I'm still bummed out that they killed off Justine.

Edited by EyesGlazed
  • Love 1

Since all of the cops beat feet, the nuke did seem like a little "overkill". Maybe it's just a way to make us hate Zack even more. The little shit. 

BTW if there are over a hundred blood collection lines around the country, who's handling logistics and supply chain at these other facilities?  Eichorst has the benefit of working with the Big Guy close by, and still can't get the darn thing up and running. Typical boneheaded middle manager who can't get out of his own way. No wonder the Nazis lost. 

Edited by Johnny Dollar
  • Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, futurechemist said:

The 1st nuke was probably a smaller tactical nuke;  they are designed for more surgical strikes, like taking out a fortified bunker - plus, it was detonated underground.  The 2nd was a more conventional nuke.   Still relatively low yield though, since the blast was contained primarily around Liberty Island - it was the resulting shock-wave that damaged New York.    While there would be a temporary debris cloud, I would suspect it would dissipate (relatively) quickly - there's not a whole lot on Liberty Island to vaporize.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the plan was for detonating it there.   It leaves New York City relatively intact but, depending on the winds, risks fallout contamination on parts of Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.    The intrepid heroes were smart though;  take to the tunnels and get out of the fallout zone.

I have to say, Mr. Eichorst I LOVE your hat!

Kind of one part Yul Bryner "Man in Black" and one part Quentin Crisp "Naked Civil Servant".

Edit: I have to say I got a kick over Eichorst kvetching to Kelly over getting passed over to be the vessel for The Master AGAIN(!).

Edited by wmdekooning
  • Love 1

I have to say, Mr. Eichorst I LOVE your hat!

LOVE the hat and shades combo!

Really enjoyed these last episodes and thought this was a good finale and set up for next season.   The Quinlan/Master fight was great - no speechifying, just straight up brutality with Quinlan forcing him into the box.    Fitting end for Palmer - even when he more or less switched sides (and I enjoyed the ambush of Eichorst), the Master wouldn't be here if it weren't for him, so no sympathy from me. 

So yes, Zach is a shit.   The problem I have is that I think the character is supposed to be on the path to evil - he got the good Samaritan killed at the beginning of the episode and whined AGAIN that it wasn't his fault - but he just comes off as a selfish, petulant brat when I think the show is saying he's supposed to be corrupted/evil.  In other words, if not for human collaborators - Palmer, even smaller actions, like Eichorst's driver, etc and of course Zach - humans would have had a better chance.  That's pretty much Setrakian's theme as well - collaborating vs fighting.   Angel, Justine and her last man standing all went down fighting rather than give in.

Fet bitching at Dutch was silly and I hated that Dutch didn't realize the device was unplugged, even though it ultimately didn't matter. 

I hope Gus has a purpose next season.   

• Love 1

The last few minutes of the episode were poorly written unless God just loves the Master.  Kelly had no reason to attack Eph or not eat Zac.  Dutch said she would stay with Eoh but she left anyway.  There was too strong a shockwave for that little nuke and why didn't they move coffin behind the wall or push it into the water?  They used a season'/a worth of plot devices in 15 minutes.  Zach is an awful kid.

• Love 1

Finally got around to this.  I pretty much started laughing once I found out that, once again, all bad things happen because of fucking Zach.  Distracting Nora and letting her get infected last season was nothing compared to throwing a temper tantrum and setting off a fucking nuke.  Yeah, how dare your dad..... not let strigoi mommy infect him or kill him.  Fucking hell, Zach.  You are the worst.  Kid has a higher bodycount then a lot of tyrants or dictators, at the rate he's going.

I will admit that I the thought never occurred to me about The Master making Palmer his new host, so that was kind of a decent twist, and Jonathan Hyde seem to be having fun in those moments.  Still, Quinlan finally coming in and just beating his ass down was perfect.  Too bad Zach fucked up their plan, but it doesn't make it any less badass!

Fet and Dutch do seem to bring the worst out of each other.  Especially Fet, who normally is awesome, but becomes kind of an annoying dick with her.  Just hang out with Abe, Fet.

Didn't even check in on Gus, I see.  Three seasons and I still fee like I have no clue how his characters fits in significantly into all of this. 

Have no idea where they are going to take this next, but since the fourth season is the last, I guess the conflict will hopefully be resolved.

When they got the Master into the box I was yelling for them to weld the thing shut already.

Unless all of Eichorst's bullet wounds were through and through he should still have silver inside him even if the Master healed him. And the Master only dealt with the entrance wounds.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:02 AM, Josette said:

Zack is the worst kid ever.  

On 10/31/2016 at 0:46 PM, NotChu said:

Yes, they are setting Zach up to be the most hated character in television history!!!   lol He needs a beat down.

On 10/31/2016 at 3:03 PM, CrazyDog said:

Zach needs to die was really my main takeaway from this whole finale.

On 10/31/2016 at 5:50 PM, themadman said:

OK, fuck this show. ..that little shit Zach pressed the button. C'mon producers, WTF? Zach has to be the only kid in a TV series ..

On 10/31/2016 at 6:14 PM, SimoneS said:

What to say about Zack, other than he has got to be the worse kid on tv and movies since Damien.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:04 PM, xaxat said:

Zach is the worst. 

Because it can't be said too many times.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:26 PM, Mierin said:

Zach is completely the worst.  I hope someone kills him.  The little shit.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:27 PM, Johnny Dollar said:

Of all the useless little pricks that have been on TV recently, Zach is definitely the  uselessest and the prickiest.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:43 PM, gaPeach said:

WTF!   How is it Zach is pissed at his dad for killing his mom., who just moments before was sizing him up for a meal!  And she was kicking is dad's ass!  Would he have been pissed if she had killed his dad?  Something tells me not.  Worst kid ever!

On 10/31/2016 at 8:32 PM, Mari said:

Zach is horrible.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:42 PM, spaulding said:

Zach, again, I have to repeat: I fuckin' hate you.  I fuckin' hate you with the fury of 1000 suns.  I hope that Fet kills you with his bare hands while Eph watches.  You are the worst.  I want to punch your try-hard Damian Face.

Spoiled brat who blames Daddy for killing Mommy.  Mommy had started the fight, Dear One.  Zach is worst than Eichhorst and Desai.  He has no problem with his little pet killing a decent human who wanted to keep him safe or with his Mommy feeding.  He hasn't been turned, and he's not an idiot.  There's no excuse for using the nuke, for injuring and killing people in the blast, and for the dark days ahead.

Eph, I blame you and your little shit son.  Next season, you better choose wisely.  If you can't see evil staring at your drunkie face, you should happily accept a bullet to the head from Fet.

On 11/1/2016 at 6:39 AM, steelyis said:

Zach is an irredeemable little shit.

My only solace is that show isn't pretending he's worth saving anymore. The kid literally killed hundreds, maybe thousands, of people and basically turned a chunk of the eastern seaboard into an all-you-can-eat buffet. Zach is a super villain.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:30 AM, Johnny Dollar said:

One more comment about the little shit.  He appears to be about twelve years old and grew up in New York. He's not some naive five year old kid who's been sheltered from real world evils. He should know the difference between good and evil, and should certainly know that you don't set off a nuclear bomb to get back at your dad, whether for taking away your Xbox or killing your zombified mother. And if Eph ends up saving the little punk before all of this is finished, they both should be executed for crimes against humanity. Zack for being a mass murderer and Eph for being a dumb fuck. 

On 11/1/2016 at 2:03 PM, islandgal140 said:

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if he was being groomed to be the Master's next vessel. So it winds up in a battle between Ef and the Master wearing Zack as a meat suit. I hope not.

I'll jump on board the Zack is one of the shittiest shits that was ever shitted. Detonate a nuke because your father (who is no great shakes) kills your monster of a mother who was trying to kill him and would kill Zack too if she got hungry enough. It is all Zack's fault that evil prevailed. If he hadn't detonated the nuke, the Master would never have escaped the box. Little shit.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:03 PM, Hanahope said:

Zach, you fucking shit. I don't think I've ever wanted a kid eat it big time since Joffrey.  And Eph isn't much better.  Why couldn't he go with the others if his wound was so superficial? Would have avoided the whole thing. Oh yeah, plot device. 

On 11/1/2016 at 10:53 PM, bilgistic said:

When the gang was wheeling around the silver-lined box o' Palmaster, I was thinking, "Shouldn't they wrap it with straps? Chains? Duct tape?" Sigh.

Because it can never be said enough, Zach is a little shit.

On 11/2/2016 at 1:11 AM, EyesGlazed said:

Zach is a little puke with a nuke.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:50 AM, Johnny Dollar said:

Since all of the cops beat feet, the nuke did seem like a little "overkill". Maybe it's just a way to make us hate Zack even more. The little shit.

On 11/5/2016 at 6:25 PM, raven said:

So yes, Zach is a shit. 

18 hours ago, Sunnydayman said:

Zach is an awful kid.

16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Finally got around to this.  I pretty much started laughing once I found out that, once again, all bad things happen because of fucking Zach.  Distracting Nora and letting her get infected last season was nothing compared to throwing a temper tantrum and setting off a fucking nuke.  Yeah, how dare your dad..... not let strigoi mommy infect him or kill him.  Fucking hell, Zach.  You are the worst.  Kid has a higher bodycount then a lot of tyrants or dictators, at the rate he's going.

Thanks for saying it yall.

• Love 7
  • Zach is an idiot and deserves to be put in timeout. Like forever time out 
  • ummm guys a padlock or a nice chain around the coffin woulda been nice. Just some way to lock it shut. 
  • Fet...well he's becoming unlikeable. 
  • When Eichorst was falling down the elevator shaft ( like 50 stories), they should have shot like 100 more rounds at him. Between the impact and extra bullets, he's kaput. Or take another elevator down and finish the job 

Finally caught up on the rest of this season.  That fucking little bastard.  I've been calling for his death since the beginning of season 2.  And then for him to also survive the blast?  He must also be part cockroach.

• Love 1

I'm going to try really, really hard to say something nice about Zack.

Uh...... well...

I suppose it's possible that... no, never mind...

um... hey! I've got one.

At least we didn't have to watch him have sex with Spider Girl.

Yes, this is how low the bar actually is for that kid.

You know why all the vampires worship him, don't you? 

It's because he doesn't even have a stinger yet and he still sucks more than all of them combined.

• Love 2