Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Vicious Lies And Broken Ties

• Start Topic

No so terrible. Not so reprehensible.

I don't think it's terrible or reprehensible. She just puts me off when she complains about things that aren't beyond her control. And when she shows up at the reunions acting like a twat.

It is pretty hilarious that we can say that the family of a serviceman doesn't need a huge expensive house. If we are talking about "not needing a huge expensive house" Brianna's is the last one I would pick on Orange County.

Of course she is not married to a quack plastic surgeon or a wife beater so there is that. Hilarious.

• Love 5

When Briana and Ryan were moving to IKC, they were so excited to be out of California, a place they would never return because of the price of housing.  To me it sounds like home sweet home with the grotto and lure of RHOC money and lifestyle pretty much overruled their desire for independence. Then it was all about Vicki filming in OKC, apparently a place she visited 14 times in a single year.  When Briana blurted out she makes six figures, I think she wanted to give the impression it was from nursing because production pretends like these women's children work for free.  Just like Sarah and Ryan showing up, they are picking up a paycheck.  They would have had a pretty good life with an $1,100.00 a month paycheck and probably a mid five figure Bravo check.  By last year it was pretty obvious the Yukon was compensation for Briana trashing filming with her mom and Tamra.  Tamra and Shannon even discussed the home buy in California was with strings attached.  It was pretty obvious after last year that Vicki didn't have anyone to film with and was desperately trying to make Briana a RH.   

Let's just say Briana was really sick for three months and needed her mom and the doctors of California, although apparently she was treated at the Mayo Clinic, who does not have offices in California, once she was feeling better it would seem she would move back with her husband.  Since Vicki bought the house, she is stuck with the payments.  We are now close to a year since Briana made the move and Ryan is not getting out of the USMC, maybe she should move back and wait until his next transfer.  Owen turned two in July, and has spent a third of his life away from Dad.  Basically, Ryan, Briana and Vicki met up with a force far greater than Vicki-USMC.  Briana has said there is no way her husband would work for Vicki so I guess Ryan is just one of the guys who married a mama's girl, which in their case pays very well.    

What I find disconcerting is Briana is as bad as anyone about dumping on her mom.  I can only assume Vicki and her youngins are laughing all the way to the bank as Vicki never addresses Briana's comments.   I would say calling Vicki a dirty fighter who makes up stories about those she is fighting with is pretty damning.   There is also the Vicki travel schedule-she is out of town a lot and not in OKC so I don't know how helpful she is to Briana between her work, the show and her travel.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Had Briana played along viewers would be calling her out saying she was enabling Vicki, she gives her honest opinion, she is called out for exposing her, even though most of us know who/what she is but how dare her daughter say it and still love her. Me, I like that Briana doesn't try to snow us but still calls her mom her BFF and loves her warts and all. LOL

I wasn't expecting a 'snow storm', maybe a little drizzle?

It was the WAY she dogs the bickster - I just think it's a little disrespectful, that's all.

Biting the hand that feeds you is one thing, but taking off a finger, is another?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AnitaKnight said:

Shannon knows this event is public knowledge. She's already addressed and discussed it.  I think her main issue is with the "He beat the shit out of you" wording.  I don't doubt he may have hit her, but I don't get the impression that he "beat the shit out of" her, or that it is or was an ongoing problem.

I'm with you on this one.  (It's still a grey area to me whether he actually hit her or not - just as Kelly accused Tamra of "hitting" her, when Tamra and the others say that Tamra pushed her.  I have no doubt that he got physical with her, "put his hands on her", etc., all of which are absolutely unacceptable, so it's really beside the point, I admit)

I think she just wanted it kept quiet for the sake of their kids, who already know way too much about that marriage, anyway - and wanted all talk of it to die a swift death.  Unfortunately, she had confided in a person who has no concept of (or concern for) what might be considered "out of bounds" BEFORE she knew that person's true character.  That person also happens to be an exaggerator and, in my opinion, a pathological liar.  Now, it's all about damage control - and you better believe that every one of us would be making it quite clear that our husband didn't "beat the shit out of" us if that hadn't been the case.  I wouldn't want my kids or anyone else thinking that and would shout it from the rooftops until they believed me.   Shannon's denial of Vicki's version of the event comes across as very genuine and believable to me.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I wasn't expecting a 'snow storm', maybe a little drizzle?

It was the WAY she dogs the bickster - I just think it's a little disrespectful, that's all.

Biting the hand that feeds you is one thing, but taking off a finger, is another?

Nahhh, she doesn't bite off the finger, just rips out Vicki's ever growing hang nails time to time! LOL Oh, and I suspect there is a lot more about Vicki that Briana or Michael could reveal had they really wanted to put their mother on blast!

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

It is pretty hilarious that we can say that the family of a serviceman doesn't need a huge expensive house. If we are talking about "not needing a huge expensive house" Brianna's is the last one I would pick on Orange County.

Of course she is not married to a quack plastic surgeon or a wife beater so there is that. Hilarious.

I would love for all the service men and women to live in a nice home, especially the ones that have come back with debilitating injuries? 100K would buy a nice home in some areas or even outfit a home with a wheelchair ramp, low cabinets, shelving or a shower with a handicap access?

It's NOT the house itself, it's the attitude around and inside it. It's the lack of humility and thankfulness that no amount of sage can't get rid of?

• Love 3

Oh geez Kelly Dudd wrote a blog.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-11/blogs/kelly-dodd/kelly-dodd-vicki-meghan-and-i-will

Now she is saying Vicki, Kelly and Meghan will not be bullied.  FFS, I doubt Meghan appreciates being lumped in with Vicki. 

She whines about how Shannon should have called her-she did and invited you to the party.  Kelly was the one owed an apology.  I don't think Kelly realizes when you deliver the knockout punch, you should probably be the one to apologize. 

I guess Kelly had brought a gift for Shannon, "Etiquette for Dummies", but thought better than to give it. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Briana had a beautiful home in OKC.  And for a monthly payment of $1,100.00.  I applauded Ryan and Briana they wanted to live within their means.  Ryan signed up for the wages he would receive as a Marine and he seems to be very devoted and proud to be a Marine.   I recall Ryan and Briana putting down people in OC has being materialistic and really, really wanting to leave the state to get away from the vapid shallow lifestyle. 

I personally think the house Vicki bought for Briana had very unattractive curb appeal.  I thought the one in OKC was much nicer. 

I don't see anyone comparing Briana's husband to men old enough to be his father.  It seems very Vicki to tear away at others' husbands.  If there is a comparison I do recall Briana's husband threatening a 62 year old women with violence, and then going rabid on his own MIL for not sticking with family. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jaync said:

His family doesn't have to be separated; it's a choice his wife made, and with which he assumingly agreed.

She's clearly overweight. The reasons why don't change that fact.

If Brianna needs help physically and financially, then why didn't she just move in with her mother? It's not like Vicki doesn't have the room. Sorry, but I can't sympathize with someone who chooses to do a hundred grand's worth of cosmetic renovations on a house that wasn't a necessity in the first place.

Yes, she is clearly overweight, but so far there's been a post saying it is a surprise she doesn't have diabetes, one comparing her to Jabba the Hutt, and at least one snarky comment about how much she must eat.  She's not that overweight and given her medical condition, it's probably not due to overeating.  Again mileage may vary, but to me it seems fairly over the top and bordering on fat shaming.  

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What I find disconcerting is Briana is as bad as anyone about dumping on her mom.  I can only assume Vicki and her youngins are laughing all the way to the bank as Vicki never addresses Briana's comments.   I would say calling Vicki a dirty fighter who makes up stories about those she is fighting with is pretty damning.   There is also the Vicki travel schedule-she is out of town a lot and not in OKC so I don't know how helpful she is to Briana between her work, the show and her travel.

The way THAT works?

The Bicks funding is just a ransom.

IF she says anything that may be construed as demeaning or over bearing, her access to the GKs will probably be limited or cut off.

Bicks will ante up in the form of lavish gifts to gain access once again?

I suspect that 'playing dirty' isn't a foreign subject to either side?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

Uh, Ryan had a restraining order filed against him in 2010 for domestic violence. So, there is that.

But, I always find a "wife beater" hilarious, so what do I know?

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 9

Both Briana and Michael have shown that they have very little respect for their mom.  They may love her, but they have never been shy about calling her out on their faults.  You never see Vicki doing that to them.  There is something wrong with Ryan and the situation w/Briana moving back to the OC.  I think Briana was miserable in OK, Vickie visited often, and probably kept encouraging her to move back - then with the lure of the "helping" them out with buying a place.   Whatever is truly going on - it would have been in Briana's best interest to remain geographically removed from Vicki.  Briana will never be out from under her thumb, emotionally or financially.

I'm sure when Shannon was going through the David affair time, she confided Vicki.  Shannon has always exaggerated.  Remember when she was relaying the story of how Heather threw her out of her house?   Shannon, arms waving, said "she said get out of my house" in a loud voice, implying Heather was screaming at her.   No, Heather said "please leave".    I can see Shannon telling Vicki about the DV episode and saying "I thought he was going to beat the shit out of me", and Vicki ran with that.   Vicki is desperate now.  She hasn't been forgiven by any of these women, in fact they have taken a pretty firm stance of not wanting anything to do with her.   When Vicki is desperate she goes full scorched earth.   She has no story line, except now Briana's illness, and nobody wants to film with her.   She won't go down without a fight.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yes, she is clearly overweight, but so far there's been a post saying it is a surprise she doesn't have diabetes, one comparing her to Jabba the Hutt, and at least one snarky comment about how much she must eat.  She's not that overweight and given her medical condition, it's probably not due to overeating.  Again mileage may vary, but to me it seems fairly over the top and bordering on fat shaming.  

Briana has Lupus and she owes it to herself to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Excess weight puts extra stress on her heart and kidneys which are directly affected by Lupus.  If you are overweight it is pretty simple-you eat more calories than you burn.  I don't think anyone on the show has ever commented on Briana's weight but the girl needs to do herself a favor and not wear mini-skirts.  Hypothyroidism accounts for about 10 lbs of added weight http://www.thyroid.org/thyroid-and-weight/ ,  I am cheering for Briana to have a normal lifespan and keeping affective treatments for her Lupus.  I can see where Briana after being left in diagnosis limbo was probably not too concerned about her weight-survival and feeling better was probably a priority.  My guess is Briana probably suffers from MAS type 3.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3150011/  Briana said pretty early on it was some type of autoimmune disease.   It is so easy to say someone needs to diet but far more difficult to break eating patterns.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Of course she is not married to a quack plastic surgeon or a wife beater so there is that.

That we know of...IIRC, Ragey Ryan has his own DV record.

Eta: Oops, CatMomma beat me to it.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

The way THAT works?

The Bicks funding is just a ransom.

IF she says anything that may be construed as demeaning or over bearing, her access to the GKs will probably be limited or cut off.

Bicks will ante up in the form of lavish gifts to gain access once again?

I suspect that 'playing dirty' isn't a foreign subject to either side?

This notion/idea that Briana will restrict Vicki from seeing her kids is ridiculous. Some claimed Briana would do this when Vicki was seeing Brooks, even though we all know, from Vicki herself, that she saw those kids frequently. Yes, Briana is honest about her mothers short comings but she also speaks about her good points as well. With few exceptions like physical harm to the boys, I don't ever see Briana or Ryan stopping Vicki from having a full, healthy, loving relationship with their grandmother. And there is nothing to suggest otherwise from what we have seen.

7 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Both Briana and Michael have shown that they have very little respect for their mom.  They may love her, but they have never been shy about calling her out on their faults.  You never see Vicki doing that to them.  There is something wrong with Ryan and the situation w/Briana moving back to the OC.  I think Briana was miserable in OK, Vickie visited often, and probably kept encouraging her to move back - then with the lure of the "helping" them out with buying a place.   Whatever is truly going on - it would have been in Briana's best interest to remain geographically removed from Vicki.  Briana will never be out from under her thumb, emotionally or financially.

I'm sure when Shannon was going through the David affair time, she confided Vicki.  Shannon has always exaggerated.  Remember when she was relaying the story of how Heather threw her out of her house?   Shannon, arms waving, said "she said get out of my house" in a loud voice, implying Heather was screaming at her.   No, Heather said "please leave".    I can see Shannon telling Vicki about the DV episode and saying "I thought he was going to beat the shit out of me", and Vicki ran with that.   Vicki is desperate now.  She hasn't been forgiven by any of these women, in fact they have taken a pretty firm stance of not wanting anything to do with her.   When Vicki is desperate she goes full scorched earth.   She has no story line, except now Briana's illness, and nobody wants to film with her.   She won't go down without a fight.

Well, Vicki does do that but in a different way. She guilt's them into doing what she wants them to do when ever possible, she down plays their wants/needs/opinions.

7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Briana has Lupus and she owes it to herself to adopt a healthy lifestyle. Excess weight puts extra stress on her heart and kidneys which are directly affected by Lupus.  If you are overweight it is pretty simple-you eat more calories than you burn.  I don't think anyone on the show has ever commented on Briana's weight but the girl needs to do herself a favor and not wear mini-skirts.  Hypothyroidism accounts for about 10 lbs of added weight http://www.thyroid.org/thyroid-and-weight/ ,  I am cheering for Briana to have a normal lifespan and keeping affective treatments for her Lupus.  I can see where Briana after being left in diagnosis limbo was probably not too concerned about her weight-survival and feeling better was probably a priority.  My guess is Briana probably suffers from MAS type 3.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3150011/  Briana said pretty early on it was some type of autoimmune disease.   It is so easy to say someone needs to diet but far more difficult to break eating patterns.

The weight gain they show is an "average" amount but it depends on the individual person and if there are any other factors involved...other illnesses, medications, pregnancies, physical injuries, mental illnesses such as depression, ect. which can also affect someone's weight. Briana has HT, had 2 close pregnancies and was most likely suffering Lupus during part of that time span as well. I also believe that she was on steroids this season, which will cause weight gain, rapid weight gain, that is extremely hard to combat and then loose. Her weight gain is more likely due to the factors I listed above, more so than over eating or bad eating habits IMO, especially since she didn't have a weight problem as a teen/young adult. It only started after she got sick before she/Ryan got married.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, jaync said:

That we know of...IIRC, Ragey Ryan has his own DV record.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't his restraining order and DV charge because he "stalked and threatened" (both are bad) an old GF.  There was never any mention of him hitting her or becoming physical with her in the report.

Edited by WireWrap
37 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  

Well correct me.   Show me where an extra 70 lbs is due to hypothyroidism.  Show me the articles and I will be happy to concede. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well correct me.   Show me where an extra 70 lbs is due to hypothyroidism.  Show me the articles and I will be happy to concede. 

I have hypothyroidism.

And as much as I'd love to blame my spare tire on my hypothyroidism and low metabolism (when my meds are off), you know what happens when I eat healthy portions and exercise?  I lose weight.  And it doesn't take me forever to lose weight.  I've always been an exerciser, but the simple fact of the matter is I can excercise like crazy and gain weight if I'm not eating healthy.  So even though I know there are people that may have slower metabolism, automimmune issues, I tend to think that when you are signficantly overweight, it's more likely than not that you are eating much more than you should. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9

Vicki's blog is up! http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-11/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-gunvalson-i-should-have Does she watch the episode before she writes her blog? "I didn’t want to go to Shannon’s, but I wanted to support Tamra because she had asked me to go" Ummmm, Vicki, you called Tamra to tell her you really, really wanted to go to the party to support her, she didn't ask you to go. Oh, and it was in your job contract to go to it! LOL She leans in hard on both Tamra and Shannon and she also goes in on Heather saying she has no idea why Heather turned against her other than Tamra's manipulation, I guess she forgot all about the Terry/IV LIE last season. LOL This comment about Shannon had me shaking my head "When I talked to Kelly about it privately, it was to tell Kelly how I never revealed something that would hurt Shannon, and how I chose to not share it with the other women even after how mean and vindictive she had been towards me. I never expected it to “get out”, and hindsight should have just kept it to myself"! Does she forget that she told Kelly this info after the 70's party when she was spitting mad at Shannon and David and Kelly was at war with Shannon? She betrayed Shannon's secrets to someone that despises her and went after Shannon in a most despicable way with the comment about David cheating on Shannon! Oh Vicki, you really forget that we watch the show and we remember what we all saw/heard YOU do/say!

9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I have hypothyroidism.

And as much as I'd love to blame my spare tire on my hypothyroidism and low metabolism (when my meds are off), you know what happens when I eat healthy portions and exercise?  I lose weight.  And it doesn't take me forever to lose weight.  I've always been an exerciser, but the simple fact of the matter is I can excercise like crazy and gain weight if I'm not eating healthy.  So even though I know there are people that may have slower metabolism, automimmune issues, I tend to think that when you are signficantly overweight, it's more likely than not that you are eating much more than you should. 

I am glad you are able to manage your HT but that is not the case for everyone, especially when they have other mitigating medical factors at play, which we now know Briana does.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I am glad you are able to manage your HT but that is not the case for everyone, especially when they have other mitigating medical factors at play, which we now know Briana does.

True.  i shouldn't make absolute statements.  Then again, I said *tend* to think! :)

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Vicki's blog is up! http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-11/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-gunvalson-i-should-have Does she watch the episode before she writes her blog? "I didn’t want to go to Shannon’s, but I wanted to support Tamra because she had asked me to go" Ummmm, Vicki, you called Tamra to tell her you really, really wanted to go to the party to support her, she didn't ask you to go. Oh, and it was in your job contract to go to it! LOL She leans in hard on both Tamra and Shannon and she also goes in on Heather saying she has no idea why Heather turned against her other than Tamra's manipulation, I guess she forgot all about the Terry/IV LIE last season. LOL This comment about Shannon had me shaking my head "When I talked to Kelly about it privately, it was to tell Kelly how I never revealed something that would hurt Shannon, and how I chose to not share it with the other women even after how mean and vindictive she had been towards me. I never expected it to “get out”, and hindsight should have just kept it to myself"! Does she forget that she told Kelly this info after the 70's party when she was spitting mad at Shannon and David and Kelly was at war with Shannon? She betrayed Shannon's secrets to someone that despises her and went after Shannon in a most despicable way with the comment about David cheating on Shannon! Oh Vicki, you really forget that we watch the show and we remember what we all saw/heard YOU do/say!

Vicki sucks.

I am not trying to be harsh on Briana but her heart and kidneys can only carry so much of a load.  It doesn't matter if we like Briana or feel for her because of her mother, her weight will become an issue.  I would like nothing better than to hear Briana is at a healthy weight because doing so increases her life expectancy.  Losing weight is tough when you are taking steroids but it is not impossible.  Vicki said she is now enjoying good health so I am happy for Briana.  Of course Vicki had to add she is happy they live five minutes from her-what about their dad?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Vicki sucks.

I am not trying to be harsh on Briana but her heart and kidneys can only carry so much of a load.  It doesn't matter if we like Briana or feel for her because of her mother, her weight will become an issue.  I would like nothing better than to hear Briana is at a healthy weight because doing so increases her life expectancy.  Losing weight is tough when you are taking steroids but it is not impossible.  Vicki said she is now enjoying good health so I am happy for Briana.  Of course Vicki had to add she is happy they live five minutes from her-what about their dad?

Although it is possible, I have yet to know anyone able to do that, it is hard to maintain/not gain weight let alone loose it while taking them. That said, I agree with you that it would be better for her to loose the excess weight and I am hoping that she will now that she has been properly diagnosed and will get the needed medical treatment for her combined medical issues. It will take time though and if (I hope no though) Vicki comes back next season, we will see a slimmer Briana.  

Don't forget, Vicki is far more important to those boys than Ryan is in her narrow/selfish mind. LOL

• Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised if Vicki would be thrilled if Brianna and Ryan never lived together again.  Vicki totally went overboard when she was with Ryan with all the hugging and touching, and, all the proclamations of love.  I think that she's afraid of him and also that she'll love nothing more than to have Brianna totally under her thumb and dependent on her.

• Love 6

I think there's more than meets the eye w Brianna. I find it very strange she chooses to surround herself with vile people and sometimes seems amused by their behavior. I'm talking about her mother and her rage monkey husband. 

I don't think she's a nice girl. I also think there was a strange power struggle between her and hubby with Brooks and that it wasn't for the reasons they claim, at least not entirely. 

I also think she is not stupid and speaks to and spends a lot of time with her mother.  And a lot of what Bri says or does on camera is to foster a certain image or agenda in perpetuating Vicki's story.

• Love 10

I wouldn't call either of Brianna's homes huge or that particularly expensive.  I do think it's relative to your own experience however.

I also don't think that Vicki is financially supporting Brianna.  She may have given her loan for the new house but I have no doubt that Vicki expects payback and probably interest.  We've seen the way Vicki rolls with 'buying' Brianna things.  It's basically for show and then Brianna gets the monthly payments.

Yeah, Brianna moved back to the OC for a number of reasons.  She has medical problems.  A slew of them.  I can't blame her for wanting to be around doctors who have cared for her in the past, especially when new symptoms have come up and she has now been diagnosed with Lupus.  Nothing against the doctors in OK but Brianna is a nurse.  She has an inside tract with doctors in OK and OC.  She felt more comfortable with the doctors in OC.  It's her health.  I'm not going to criticize that. 

And then, with health problems, she gets the opportunity to make money by being in OC while at the same time being able to see the doctors you deem as best for you.  Why shouldn't she accept it?  Ryan continued in his service to the military, which required him to be deployed overseas for long periods of time.  No one expects someone to 'retire' from the military because they have a child or children.  You work it out.  You make a living.  You do what you have to do or what is best for your family financially in the long run.   

I do think Ryan and Brianna thought he was going to be able to get out of the military with a disability.  It didn't work out that way apparently,  Stuff happens.  So, they're doing what they think is best for them.  It's their business.  Their little boys seem to be handling it fine.  Not fun but heck, many of us have had to deal with spouses who have been required to travel extensively for their careers and be away from their families for long periods of time.  Life ain't perfect.

• Love 10

Ugh just read Vicki's blog.  She just doesn't get it.  She lied - ALOT - last season, and some of the women aren't over it.  My god, it was about cancer!  Try to understand, you lied about cancer, even (and let's stretch the truth) that you were being fooled, it was lies all over the place.   Yes Tamra is a bitch, talks about people, stirs the pot - but Vicki was along for the ride the entire time, as long as Tamra was dissing somebody else!!!!   Vicki is the worst.  She really doesn't get that she hurt people last season that were trying to help her.  She will never get it.   Shannon, as nutty as she is, had Vicki's back, and instead of coming clean with her, Vicki just played dumb.   She knows she on the way out.  Her come back, apology tour didn't cut it.   Bottom line - Tamra beat her at her own game.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Granimal said:

Yes! I may be getting repetitive- delete me if I am, but I have "lied" about physical abuse before (years ago) from omission to outright coverup. Sorry, but no one's business. I'm not telling the town gossip that is friends to no one but herself. Or in some cases I didn't want you to worry about me and thought I was protecting you. Being the victim in a DV case can't be compared to being complicit in a fake cancer scheme IMO. Vicki makes herself look like an idiot calling Shannon a liar and it makes me sick. Not for Shannon specifically, but for survivors of domestic/sexual assault. These women and men are victims who often- if not always- lose some sense of control in their own lives in the most personal of ways. If they want to control their own narratives- then so what? How does that influence Vicki's life? A decent person would understand this, IMO. I don't give a crap if Shannon is on reality TV. I don't give a crap if she answered questions on several occasions and then didn't want to talk about it anymore. That's her right in this case. If sexual assault perpetrators are getting away with thinly veiled excuses why are we holding the victims to a higher standard?

If my boss calls out and tells me she's sick, and then another coworker tells me she can't come in because her husband tried to kill himself last night, does that make my boss a liar? Even if she tells the entire office and answers questions about it before I come in? Bigger question- who cares? Have empathy you idiot (meaning Vicki). Vicki is lower than dirt right now. A true narcissist. Something is seriously wrong with her. I can't even believe this shit.

ETA: And yes Shannon and co. did lose some points for other behavior, but on this one I give her her complete rights to control her own narrative. There's a public report on my incident, people can look it up if they know the defendant's name. That doesn't mean that if I don't disclose the report to everyone that I know- that I'm (gasp) lying. Sorry for the rant. It's been ten plus years and I don't talk about it, because I see what happens when women do talk about it. I bet Shannon regrets those interviews now (which I haven't read). I would. Tired of seeing women dragged through the mud (not here- referring to the show) for how they choose to  handle their personal histories with any type of violence.  And for the record, I have known of at least four friends or family members that have been the victim of isolated "incidents" - all were women at the hands of men. All of them went on for at least a few years posting happy marriage pics on Facebook etc. Are they liars? I don't care- no one knows what goes on in a relationship beyond the two involved.

16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

For the bolded part-here is a clip of Meghan calling Kelly out just a bit:  http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-13/episode-179/videos/a-sneak-peek-of-the-rhoc-reunion

Vicki came right out and said she had a secret and if Shannon wasn't nice to her she was going to tell and it would hurt Shannon's family.  Being culpable for the welfare is not the same as intentionally hurting someone and admitting prior that you know it will hurt their children.  Why does a supposed piece of dirty laundry have to be brought by a so called friend or castmate?  Prior to the airing of the first show Shannon was on it made the rounds and she responded to the arrest and conviction.  We don't know if the children ever saw it as at the time they were 7 and 11 years old and Shannon seemed to exercise parental control of the social media devices.  I just don't think being a victim of domestic violence is really an appropriate weapon.  Vicki wanted to hurt David because Shannon and David were disgusted by Brooks faking cancer-which was a huge part of last season because Vicki and Brooks put it out in the tabloids months before they started filming and continued the charade throughout filming and even after the Reunion.

The direction the RH franchises have taken in the past few years about outing tabloid fodder to intentionally hurt an enemy isn't a good look.  It was bad look when Brandi brought the Mauricio tabloid cheating rumors and couched the inquiry with "how does your family feel about the Mauricio rumors. . . .", that like Vicki's awareness and admission that Shannon children will be hurt for raising a 13 year old incident is not good look for Vicki or the show. 

This all gets a bit circular and tautological for me because Shannon herself asserts that "there was nothing physical" vis-à-vis the DV conviction and has suggested in her talking heads that Vicki just up and decided to spin a yarn out of whole cloth as opposed to weaponizing a documented incident that's part of the public record. She is thus insisting that she's not a "victim" or a survivor of spousal abuse so, within that paradigm, no one is holding her to a higher standard as either.

However, I simply do not believe that a white millionaire with the resources to access the best legal representation would voluntarily elect to accept a plea deal that included admission that he "willfully and unlawfully" committed battery against his wife unless *some* substantive evidence - be it her testimony, bodily injury, and/or eyewitness accounts on the part of law enforcement - had been established against him.

Editing to add: does Vicki get the same narrative autonomy with her intimations that she was afraid of Brooks; her daughter and Tamra's even more explicit contentions that she suffered physical harm at his hands; and the quicksilver here one minute, gone the next aspect of those implications?

Vicki is the same despicable character that she's always been; I applauded Shannon's singular refusal to substantively engage with her at all this season based upon her conduct last year.

What Vicki did in exploiting David's criminal history was clearly premeditated and odious beyond articulation. Shannon exercises no control over how reprehensible others decide to be once she's excised them from her life.

But she's not some sheltered naif. She's an educated adult closer to senior-citizen status than to the neophytic innocence of her twenties. She spilled details about her marital woes to a woman she had known for little over a month in front of a production crew during season 9 and then was apparently shocked that she lost narrative control over what information she shared in front of the cameras.

Lesson demonstrably not learned in that capacity.

And I'm still befuddled about her "my kids called you Aunt Vicki!" Sarah Bernhardt-ing. A woman the girls had known well for approximately one year (of which Shannon didn't see her for a full third) of their lives is suddenly an honorary aunt? And if Sophie or the twins find themselves in need of therapy services due to their childhood, I'm going to hazard a guess that watching their parents literally enact their responses to each other's deaths over a Styrofoam tombstone and/or beholding their mom sob on national television about how her hubs attempted to gaslight her about his liaisons with a doppleganger sidepiece are going to figure just as prominently in the jam sessions with the psychiatrist as anything old Auntie Love Tank did or said.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

This all gets a bit circular and tautological for me because Shannon herself asserts that "there was nothing physical" vis-à-vis the DV conviction and has suggested in her talking heads that Vicki just up and decided to spin a yarn out of whole cloth as opposed to weaponizing a documented incident that's part of the public record. She is thus insisting that she's not a "victim" or a survivor of spousal abuse so, within that paradigm, no one is holding her to a higher standard as either.

However, I simply do not believe that a white millionaire with the resources to access the best legal representation would voluntarily elect to accept a plea deal that included admission that he "willfully and unlawfully" committed battery against his wife unless *some* substantive evidence - be it her testimony, bodily injury, and/or eyewitness accounts on the part of law enforcement - had been established against him.

Vicki is the same despicable character that she's always been; I applauded Shannon's singular refusal to substantively engage with her at all this season based upon her conduct last year.

What Vicki did in exploiting David's criminal history was clearly premeditated and odious beyond articulation. Shannon exercises no control over how reprehensible others decide to be once she's excised them from her life.

But she's not some sheltered naif. She's an educated adult closer to senior-citizen status than to the neophytic innocence of her twenties. She spilled details about her marital woes to a woman she had known for little over a month in front of a production crew during season 9 and then was apparently shocked that she lost narrative control over what information she shared in front of the cameras.

Lesson demonstrably not learned in that capacity.

And I'm still befuddled about her "my kids called you Aunt Vicki!" Sarah Bernhardt-ing. A woman the girls had known well for approximately one year (of which Shannon didn't see her for a full third) of their lives is suddenly an honorary aunt? And if Sophie or the twins find themselves in need of therapy services due to their childhood, I'm going to hazard a guess that watching their parents literally enact their responses to each other's deaths over a Styrofoam tombstone and/or beholding their mom sob on national television about how her hubs attempted to gaslight her about his liaisons with a doppleganger sidepiece are going to figure just as prominently in the jam sessions with the psychiatrist as anything old Auntie Love Tank did or said.

No matter how you slice it, Vicki is in the wrong, not Shannon, no matter what David actually did or didn't do 10+ years ago or a year and a half ago (if the blog site AABTT is correct) when it comes to what Vicki told Kelly. Vicki shared this confidential information with someone she knew hated Shannon and she only did it to make herself look like the victim when she got into David's face at the 70's party. I don't blame Shannon for her reaction even though I feel she should think before she shares anything this personal/damaging with any cast member ever!

I will add, that just because someone has a college education doesn't mean they have common sense! I know far too many that don't! LOL

As for the Beador girls calling Vicki "Aunt", I believe that that happened but after the first season was over, not during it. Shannon and Vicki were still close through most of last season as well.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10

LOL, there are no phone lines between the OC and OKC. If you wanted to get medical records or any kind of report, you have to wait for the pony express to come in.

Doc had to rely on Miss Kitty for some of that medicinal rum so he could sterilize his operating tool kit and anesthetize his patients.

-----

I know my way around a hospital and knew how to work the system. I could see any doc I wanted, get a referral, my lab tests done quickly (Stat), my prescriptions filled before I could get to the pharmacy.

To think that someone who worked in the ER couldn't make use of the system she was a part of, sounds like she was lazy or choose not to even try and as I said before? having a procedure done and shoving your ass into a vehicle for a cannonball ride across the country makes little or no sense at all.

And what kind of mother would entertain and support such stupidity?

Nope, that whole "ESCAPE FROM OKLAHOMA" scene just needed Snake Plissken riding along with them to make it official.

I call horseshit on the whole deal.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The "I have a thyroid problem that is why I carry this much weight" is bullshit. It's sloth and unhealthy living. People used that as an excuse for years.

Now that we have a face to the illness can we expect Lupus Insurance? The National Lupus Alliance? Featuring the dulcet tones of David Foster and his band?

Get off TV and work on getting well, instead of doing talking head interviews about how dumb your mom is?

• Love 5

Briana has had more than a thyroid problem, she has had issues with her lymph nodes, surgical infections, undiagnosed Lupus (it's never Lupus-Dr. Gregory House) and two children in 4  years that can reek havoc on the body. We know very little about what she is actually been going through but any of those issues and side issues that result (stress, depression, pain when exercising, exhaustionetc. can lead to weight gain). Has Brianna ever suggested that she isn't trying to work on some of those things and  get healthy (if she isnt) are blaming those very real things on her weight gain.

Diagnosising people based solely on their size is always a risk. I know people larger than  Brianna who are healthy according to their doctors.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone arrogantly touts the "eat less, move more" mantra as if it's the gospel truth. It is false and does way more harm than good. Here is just one link to ponder (and I can provide you with many, many more from doctors):

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/

• Love 10
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

No matter how you slice it, Vicki is in the wrong, not Shannon, no matter what David actually did or didn't do 10+ years ago or a year and a half ago (if the blog site AABTT is correct) when it comes to what Vicki told Kelly. Vicki shared this confidential information with someone she knew hated Shannon and she only did it to make herself look like the victim when she got into David's face at the 70's party. I don't blame Shannon for her reaction even though I feel she should think before she shares anything this personal/damaging with any cast member ever!

I will add, that just because someone has a college education doesn't mean they have common sense! I know far too many that don't! LOL

As for the Beador girls calling Vicki "Aunt", I believe that that happened but after the first season was over, not during it. Shannon and Vicki were still close through most of last season as well.

The irony is Vicki readily admits she was wrong, and her reason for discussing the Beador marriage.  Vicki, who had no contact with Shannon or Tamra, was upset that Shannon was declaring her marriage stellar.  It is all relative, we saw two years of a very rocky marriage and repair and Vicki wasn't involved in the Beador marriage for the past year.

Vicki will never admit to anything more than be lied to Brooks and being a victim.  Vicki fostered those lies when those closest to her (her daughter for one) were debunking his claims. She not only believed them she buttressed his fabrications by claiming to being present at City of Hope  for  non-existent chemo session, she claimed to be present for the bone aspiration (this season) when she was in fact  shopping for dresses with Tamra during the fake aspiration.  When challenged by her son she said she saw the wound site. 

I think Vicki honestly felt ditched by Brooks and left to deal with the fallout.  She can't fathom why Heather holds her low regard.  Well I can-she brought Terry into her fake world.     

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Grneyedldy said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone arrogantly touts the "eat less, move more" mantra as if it's the gospel truth. It is false and does way more harm than good. Here is just one link to ponder (and I can provide you with many, many more from doctors):

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/

I never said she needed to eat less and move more.  I said weight gain occurs when you consume more calories than you burn.    I don't think this is really a disputable fact. 

The  article was interesting it reminded me of rich people back in the 70s who would consume  lot of food and drink and then inject themselves with insulin. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

In her blog's opening paragraph Heather writes:

...we are now doing segments on E! News and Hollywood Today Live as Dr. and Mrs. Guinea Pig, showing you everything health, wellness, and beauty - what works and what's BS! 

This from the woman who. a few months back, was promoting chewing gum to increase breast fullness. What an idiot, our Heather -- altho maybe it's just her algorithm. Anyhoos, for those that missed it the first time around:

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/09/02/heather-dubrow-promotes-product-that-may-increase-cancer-risk-on-the-doctors/

• Love 3
11 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Uh, Ryan had a restraining order filed against him in 2010 for domestic violence. So, there is that.

But, I always find a "wife beater" hilarious, so what do I know?

Right. Just because you fought for this country doesn't mean you're not a violent douchebag. A uniform doesn't erase that. Ryan sucks.

• Love 11

Briana seemed so pained by the separation from Ryan when he was deployed, yet, now she chooses to go live in OC while he is home in Oklahoma. I believe they were counting on a medical discharge for Ryan after which he would follow them to OC and become a million dollar realtor....Don't count your chickens before they're hatched!! 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

I'm not going to "correct" you, nor do I need to "correct" your assumption that she's gained "70 lbs due to hypothyroidism", but if I were to do so, it sure as hell wouldn't be crap I pull from articles.  I could vomit up all kinds of stuff found on the internet that will prove you wrong, but, there's no need to do so, because we could poke holes in just about every piece of info and study there is published on the good ol' interwebs.   This is not the thread on which to tell you what I know, how I know and why I know, but I will say this:

Hypothyroidism (d/t Hashimoto's Thyroiditis), inflammation, the repeated use of steroids, Lupus, Lupus/autoimmune disease medications, a significant decrease in activity (there's that "moving less" to which everyone loves to refer) due to no longer being on her feet for several 12 hour shifts during the week, chronically increased cortisol both from when she DID work nights and the stress of being chronically ill and undiagnosed, as well as elevated cortisol thanks to the current stress that comes with the diagnosis of such a disease and the financial implications.......each of these can each lead to weight gain by themselves, and combined can lead to a significant weight gain.  Add the stress (= elevated Cortisol) of having two young children to care for and a household to maintain while having an illness which, for many, makes it difficult (and yes, impossible at times) to even get out of bed, let alone care for her children and herself, and weight gain, even significant weight gain, is not surprising, even if she were eating a very healthy, low calorie diet.   Weight loss attempts can and may backfire, as well, as decreasing calories as a means to lose weight often leads to a further downregulation of metabolism in addition to the sluggish metabolism caused by a lack of thyroid hormone, chronically increased Cortisol levels and the insulin resistance that is often a result of that chronically increased Cortisol.

If only it were as easy as calories in = calories out, or CICO as it's known in the fitness and nutrition world. ...That theory MAY potentially hold true in some organisms that are hormonally stable and functioning optimally (although even THAT is consistently being refuted now, thankfully - as it is a highly flawed theory), but Briana is not such an organism.  She is very hormonally UNstable, is limited on her activity (CO) and her body is under attack by her own immune system.  She could very well be malnourished and have nutrient deficiencies, dependent on gut function (which is affected by her disease process and meds) while carrying around extra weight.  

I cannot stand the assumption that all overweight people got there by sitting on their asses with a fork in hand, but even worse is when people throw out guesses on something about which they have no knowledge or experience and attempt to back their uninformed assertions up with flimsy info gleaned from questionable sources.  

Zoeysmom, you know I love ya, but I can't stand by and watch people state total misinformation as fact on this one - and you're not the only one.  

This is a general statement to anyone on the board tempted to hop onto the fat-shaming train (and if it doesn't apply, please disregard):

Please give the girl a freaking break.  She's doing her best to keep her head above water and is not one bit happy about the way she looks right now, as we've heard her say more than once.   She has enough to worry about without focusing on something she may not be able to change for quite some time. For now, it may take all she has to put one foot in front of the other every day.  

Off of my soapbox I go....

Very well said.

• Love 6

I scheduled people for surgery for a while and you would NOT believe the people who were ill and were asked to lose SOME weight before they had a procedure done.

I don't think anyone is advocating the Warthog (yes, I attitude shame her) be a World Class Marathoner, do Cross-Fit or do Hot Pilates.

Having a healthy lifestyle isn't going to the gym and dead lifting your body weight and drinking kale and cowshit smoothies.

It can be as simple as taking a walk and eating smart.

-----

Briana is just a nasty piece of work.

Her comments about her mom (yeah the vickster is a POS, but still deserves the respect of a mother) in the TH and in front of the camera show what a shallow, mean and unlikeable person she is.

If, my mother was alive and dating, I sure as fuck wouldn't be vetting her BFs - It's her life and just as she let me fall and scrape MY knees?

And taking her kids away from Gomer Pyle sure show's little concern for them. Small children need a good home life, too bad she is more interested in living off of her mom than she is about her kids.

Small boys need a father figure. As they get older and more rambunctious, there is gonna be hell to pay in that household.

• Love 4

Didn't Vicki expose her boobs more then once? Once to Terry Dubrow and the cast and crew in Ireland and I thought also at a pool or something...

Anyway, I caved and looked. I guess I don't get the whole big implant thing because you do have to do maintenance and Vicki's are a prefect example of what they will look like after "working" on them a couple of times. She's defiantly had a lift because her nips are on top of weirdly square shaped implants that still hang low. I just think the whole desire for big ones sad, potentially a health risk, probable costly maintenance and usually your clothes fit worse then before.

ETA: oh and Tamra really needs to stay off SM because she's in another firestorm right now with the whole Kelly/Frank thing.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Please give the girl a freaking break.  She's doing her best to keep her head above water and is not one bit happy about the way she looks right now, as we've heard her say more than once.   She has enough to worry about without focusing on something she may not be able to change for quite some time. For now, it may take all she has to put one foot in front of the other every day.  

I agree with this 1000%. I think she is struggling. She has been struggling for a while now. Sure she is not perfect. Sure she snarks at her Mom. But it is pretty obvious she loves her. If there is one semi-sympathetic person on this dumpster fire it is Brianna.

The rest of them can go rot. 

• Love 9

Tamra was on Heather McDonald's show, Juicy Scoop  http://wondery.com/wondery/shows/juicyscoop/  Tamra doesn't come until the 22 minute mark.    She wasn't terribly interesting,  good portion was devoted to Kelly Dudd's text issue about her "fucking Frank Altimo", apparently Frank was at the candle party.  She mentioned Vicki called her and wanted to come to the party and they are on a TV show together so of course it will happen.  I will post the almost 25 minute discussion about Kelly on her thread.  

They have been casting RHOC for most of the season, which is something they do every year.  Tamra is happy the Reunion is a three parter because the extra money is nice. 

Oh and Brooks tried to contact Tamra through a third party and reveal all the dirt on Vicki.  Tamra declined because she is not interested.

• Love 7