Type keyword(s) to search

Rumored Presidential Appointments

Instead of the female Congresswoman from Washington state (the Spokane/Eastern Washington area) who was previously mentioned as the choice, Trump has apparently picked Republican Montana Congressman Ryan Zinke as his Secretary of the Interior. And Donald Trump Jr. (who goes on African safaris with his brother, Eric, & makes trophy kills) was apparently "heavily involved" in his being chosen, according to The Hill.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/310318-trump-jr-involved-in-interior-secretary-hunt-report

• Love 2

Why are drumpf's spawn helping to choose anyone for any position to do with the government? What "right" do they have other than plain,old arrogance? Plus WTF was Ivanka at the table with those tech giants? Seriously? I did get a chuckle out of Pence's WTF? Look when the Orange Menace said there was no formal chain of command, then I was rolling my eyes as usual. 

• Love 5

So when do these selections actually get confirmed?  Are they all supposed to be in place by the inauguration date?

If they don't get confirmed does that mean that Obama's people stay in place or do the departments just keep running without a leader?

18 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

So when do these selections actually get confirmed?  Are they all supposed to be in place by the inauguration date?

If they don't get confirmed does that mean that Obama's people stay in place or do the departments just keep running without a leader?

Well, since the entire country will soon be running without a leader, why not the Cabinet departments?

• Love 1

No, department heads and other Senate confirmed jobs in the government are not in place before the inauguration. There is no way the Senate could act that quickly on these confirmations, nor will the nominees have had time to prepare for -- perhaps -- a grueling confirmation process (if there's any justice). The people that *should* be ready on day one are the people who run the White House, who are not confirmed by the Senate. The various governmental departments will continue to operate via the career civil servants.

• Love 1

Yeah, sure, white working class folks. Trump has your best interests at heart. That's why he's loading up his cabinet with oil & bank guys, and also why he's considering a supply-sider like Kudlow to form economic policy. I know Trump voters don't care about what Trump says & does, but I still feel bad for the working class types who are going to get crushed more & more.  LMFAO....Kudlow's views went out in the 80's, I thought, around when I was born FFS.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Nidratime said:

No, department heads and other Senate confirmed jobs in the government are not in place before the inauguration. There is no way the Senate could act that quickly on these confirmations, nor will the nominees have had time to prepare for -- perhaps -- a grueling confirmation process (if there's any justice). The people that *should* be ready on day one are the people who run the White House, who are not confirmed by the Senate. The various governmental departments will continue to operate via the career civil servants.

So basically Sir Humphrey and Bernard get to keep the departments running until Jim Hacker  gets confirmed? ?

The longer that that takes the better!

• Love 1

I wasn't sure whether to put this in humor or here.  I am putting it here because it's actually more scary than funny.

Rick Perry's grades - he got a D in a class called "meats"

Okay - I know that A&M isn't a cakewalk, and I am sure that Meats is a very difficult upper level class, but someone on my twitter brought this up a few days ago and I think my twitter peeps are the funniest people in the world. I can't find it now or I would link and share the genius - but I will share a sample solely from my memory:

Name these meats:  ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham ham   No Rick they are not all ham.

Hamburger!  No Rick, you are so close though.  It's a cheeseburger

Giggles insanely at picture of sausages.

It's a class you really have to cram for.

So that's my twitter peeps and they do it so much funnier.  But now the scary part.  This guy got two A's in his college career.  More D's than B's.  I know C's get degrees, but dang Rick. When he got elected to a position in the student government, he had to get off academic probation before he could take it. I am well aware that not everyone is cut out for higher level learning and might have skills elsewhere. If my daughter was doing that crap at college, I would maybe try to steer her toward the local cosmetology school.  But the department of energy is a department that requires understanding a lot of complicated science - something that his F in organic chemistry won't help him with.

• Love 7
Just now, Duke Silver said:

Russia isn't communist.  Putin is an autocratic fascist....but not communist.  Oligarchs have all the power & $$ in Russia.  Kinda like the U.S., except worse & more pronounced, hahahaha.

Yes, seriously. Putin is exactly what Trump wants to be. He also probably own a piece (and a bigger piece each year) of state own businesses. He’s now probably the richest man in the world by far. Trump’s a little nothing compared to Putin. He wants to take lesson from that guy for sure.

• Love 5
On 12/16/2016 at 0:00 PM, Duke Silver said:

So he's going work for a regime that is beloved by neo-Nazis?  Mmmmkay...

And, once again--defying all norms--Ivanka the Terrible's ass is all up in the sauce.  Unbelievable.

Every once in a blue moon, I see a Drumpf supporter grumbling about how they voted for him and not his family.  Yeah, okay.  Meanwhile, the great love of Drumpf's life and her husband continue to "interview" potential cabinet picks and other political appointees, as well as engage in high-profile meetings in which they do not belong.  Their family motto should be:  "We do whatever the fuck we want.  Now, what?"

• Love 5

William J. Astore: Trump's Cabinet Is a Coup Waiting to Happen

The bottom line is this: A republic—or should I say, former republic?—founded on civilian control of the military needs true civilians as a counterweight to militarism as well as military adventurism. Recently retired generals are anything but that; they’re not even speed bumps on the road to the next set of misbegotten military “adventures.” They are likely to be only one thing: enablers of and accelerants to military action. Their presence in the highest civilian positions represents nothing short of a de facto military coup in Washington, a coup that required no violence since the president-elect simply anointed and exalted them as America’s security saviors.

Mattis quickly cashed in on his career, reputation, and continuing influence via the military-industrial complex. ... And then, of course, there was his long military career, itself a distinctly mixed bag. As head of US Central Command under President Obama, for instance, his hawkish stance toward Iran led to his removal and forced retirement in 2013. Almost a decade earlier in 2004, the aggressive tactics he oversaw in Iraq as commanding general of the 1st Marine Division during the Battle of Fallujah have been characterized by some as war crimes.

And Mattis seems like the voice of reason and moderation compared to Flynn, whose hatred of Islam is as virulent as it is transparent. ... A brusque man convinced of his own rectitude, who has a reputation for not playing well with others, Flynn was forced from his position as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014, after which he became a harsh critic of the Obama administration.

... Rising to prominence during the Trump campaign, he led the chant against Hillary Clinton (“Lock her up!”) at the Republican National Convention in July. (His son recently helped spread the false rumor that Clinton was involved in a child sex trafficking ring involving a Washington, D.C., pizzeria.) Flynn, who sees Islam as a political conspiracy rather than a legitimate religion, is an angry warrior, a dyed-in-the-wool crusader.

Gen. John Kelly ... soon to be head of the Department of Homeland Security ... opposed efforts by the Obama administration to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, claiming that the remaining detainees were “all bad boys,” both guilty and dangerous. He also ran afoul of the administration by criticizing efforts to open combat positions to qualified servicewomen, claiming such efforts were “agenda-driven” and would lead to lower standards and decreased military combat effectiveness.

• Love 2

Not only is it a coup waiting to happen, but with Trumputin's alignment with Russian interests against our own, we can expect to be using our military to "bomb the hell" out of countries Russia is warring against, and to set ourselves against the allies we've had all these years, such as NATO countries, becuase it is Putin's agenda to disband NATO and run roughshod over Europe.  We just need to keep asking ourselves, What Would Putin Do?, and that will be our new foreign policy, led by our "diplomats" and generals.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The way this is going I'm going to be happy if the next Supreme Court Justice has a law degree. 

Well, maybe the next Supreme Court Justice watches a lot of Judge Judy and Divorce Court. That's got to count, right?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

More than rumored: Trump names Kellyanne Conway Counselor to the President, Sean Spicer Press Secretary, Jason Miller Communications Director; fills out the rest of his communications team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/22/donald-trump-kellyanne-conway-white-house-counselor/95740804/

What an evil, strange and incompetent triumvirate.  No soul, no control and no way with words.  Of course this is at least consistent with his choices so far - bat shit crazy till the end!

2 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

Aaaarrrrrggggghhhh!  NOW, they want to go with precedent.  What a shocker, eh?

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 6

Trump's WH Communications Director-Designate, Jason Miller, declines the position, apparently for family reasons; Press Secretary-Designate Sean Spicer will now handle those duties (but it's not clear if he will be both Communications Director *&* Press Secretary, or just Communications Director with someone else taking over as Press Secretary). See towards the bottom of the linked article for this information.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trump-dissolve-donald-j-trump-foundation-959191

• Love 2
9 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Trump's WH Communications Director-Designate, Jason Miller, declines the position, apparently for family reasons; Press Secretary-Designate Sean Spicer will now handle those duties (but it's not clear if he will be both Communications Director *&* Press Secretary, or just Communications Director with someone else taking over as Press Secretary). See towards the bottom of the linked article for this information.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trump-dissolve-donald-j-trump-foundation-959191

Ah yes, 'family reasons'. The old Republican fallback excuse when they're caught up in juicy sex scandals. AJ Delgado may have deleted her tweets but it's the internet and they're never really gone.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, shok said:

Ah yes, 'family reasons'. The old Republican fallback excuse when they're caught up in juicy sex scandals. AJ Delgado may have deleted her tweets but it's the internet and they're never really gone.

Anyway to get those posted?

On 12/24/2016 at 6:27 PM, BW Manilowe said:

I find it hard to believe that the loons in Congress and all of their enablers who support the incoming president, who himself is the embodiment of human sex scandal, could care less about Jason Miller screwing other women. This incoming administration is literally the Amoral Majority where Jason Miller would fit quite nicely.