Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

8 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Ok I have redneck blood in me so I can say this. My bf works with some serious rednecks who proudly voted for rump. They are also racists. Now that it has come out that rump wants to stop overtime pay those folks are crying "WHAT? I VOTED FOR HIM to get rid of the foreigners! " Well, guess what ? Now it effects YOU motherfuckers.... so they're crying now...only when it effects THEM.

Well, they might be crying today but when Fox News champions Trump cutting the mandatory overtime (which doesn't go into effect until next month) and finds some way to spin it as a positive, they'll change their tunes. Suckers always get in line to get swindled again.

I still feel sorry for these people (not the racists who want the Mexicans and Muslims in a Trump-brand body bag but the everyday folks) who believed Trump was going to shower them with high-paying jobs and a better way of life. It might not even be Trump who guts the rule -- there is a pending lawsuit, brought by 21 states (see if y'all can guess which ones!), that could derail the regulation as well. Because why fucking bother to pay middle-class people overtime? They should just be grateful they have jobs at all, right? 

Disgusting.

24 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Ok I have redneck blood in me so I can say this. My bf works with some serious rednecks who proudly voted for rump. They are also racists. Now that it has come out that rump wants to stop overtime pay those folks are crying "WHAT? I VOTED FOR HIM to get rid of the foreigners! " Well, guess what ? Now it effects YOU motherfuckers.... so they're crying now...only when it effects THEM.  

What a bunch of idiots. Most of these fools trusted Mango Mussolini (my favorite of the bunch- I was laughing for a good 15 minutes after seeing this) for no damn reason. "He's not a politician so we can trust him!" they said. But they forgot that he's a weasly businessman who cheated people out of millions. They deserve it all- there is a reason why he won because of the uneducated white voters, many who are in the low income bracket. He preyed off of their insecurities and bias, and now they will pay when the Republicans do away with overtime and cut Medicare and social security. 

• Love 22
36 minutes ago, ari333 said:

They're crying now, but soon the cognitive dissonance will set in, and it will all be fine in their eyes.  

• Love 7

Yeah, institution of the Muslim (Drumpf's team is calling it something else) Registry will make the small-brained ones forget about how they are getting royally screwed along with everyone else who isn't residing in Trump Tower.

I know we're supposed to be kissing the asses of the economically dispossessed working class white men, but I'll reserve my sympathy for the millions of minority, non-heterosexual, non-Christian, non-male people who started life with a stagger (track term) to make up.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, candall said:

ETA:  I see others were posting about this at the same time I was.  But, really, no one knows whether "DT rained hell down on the media" or not.  It was an off the record meeting.  It might have been "firing squad" and it might have been:  "C'mon guys, I'm asking everyone to step off my chain while I try to get this all figured out and I'll be very grateful, believe me."

This is a really good point. Donald's always talking about how "tough" he is, but we've seen him fold like a cheap Trump Collection suit when he's actually face-to-face with people: President Pena Nieto, President Obama, that Pastor in Flint who told him they didn't invite him to speak at their church so he could attack Hillary. Like all bullies, he does the typical, "okay! okay! please don't hit me," when confronted with authority or competence or morality, but to hear him tell it later, everyone else bowed down to his manly power or whatever. A tabloid like the NY Post, claiming that according to two unnamed sources, he rained down hellfire on cowering journalists doesn't really square with what we already know about him, namely that he is a bitch ass punk. I think it's just as likely that someone asked him a question about press access and he started sobbing, "I ... don't ... want ... to ... be ... pres ... i ... dent," everyone was ushered out, Kellyanne gave him a Pop Tart and told him a story about magic beans, and after he fell asleep, she called the NY Post and said, "so, don't use my name, but say it was like a fucking firing squad. Say that he dressed down all the big anchors from the major networks."

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

I think they're going to have a hard time dealing with the loss of their OT affecting them being able to pay off their Christmas/Holiday bills, the fact that just paying their regular monthly bills will be a stretch, worrying about whether or not they will be able to pay the mortgage, etc. Add to that the fact that, once Social Security and Medicare start being gutted, they are going have to come up with money to pay for healthcare that they hadn't previously allocated for, they are likely going to have to work longer than they thought as they can't rely on Social Security to cover their retirement and likely didn't plan for much in the way of other retirement options, such as 401k, IRA, stocks, etc.

They are going to feel it - it won't be today, it won't be tomorrow, but it will happen very soon and they will have buyer's remorse as soon as it is harder to make ends meet and their expenses and taxes go up while their income is essentially cut due to losing their OT, healthcare, and Social Security. They have no one to blame but themselves, and I can't feel sorry for them either. They put this asshat in office and continue to defend him. He is raking it in hand over fist by continuing to run his companies and using his position improve his private business situation. If they can't see how wrong this is on so many levels, again, shame on them for not bothering to read or watch real news and do their homework before casting their vote.

I have no doubt they're going to feel the pain.  But, I don't think they'll make that logical connection that they're responsible for their own suffering, by virtue of their insistence on voting for a guy who spoke to their inner racist without paying attention to how his policies would affect them.  They'll have that shit blamed on Obama, lazy welfare queens, Obamacare, all them damn foreigners coming in, etc.  It will never, ever, in their minds, be that what is happening to them is the direct result of the really shitty choice they made at the poll.  

• Love 21

I'm watching Rachel Maddow and she is mentioning how SNL makes fun of Presidential and VP  candidates and those who ultimately end up holding the office. She had pointed out that every candidate had handled it well - even if some just kind of ignored it.

When I graduated from Uni the second time around, Dick Cheney, while he was the sitting VP, came to give the commencement speech at my University (we never really understood why as our school was very liberal and this was, of course, after 9/11 and no one was really a fan of the Bush admin at all). The speech Cheney gave was actually quite nice - it was short and to the point, but he started by poking fun at himself and saying that we got him for our commencement speech, and another Uni that had asked for him to speak got the guy that played him on SNL.

Since I graduated Summa Cum Laude and won some awards and things, this meant that I had to meet Cheney and shake his hand. My Father, who was very liberal (and I'm a lot like him), cringed every second while taking those photos with Cheney (I had a hard time shaking his hand), but my Father was still so proud and, again, Cheney didn't make his speech political in the least and was a good sport, so it made it easier as that speech helped humanize himself.

Trump needs to take a lesson from those who have come before him and quit making an issue out of SNL or anyone else who dares to impersonate or make fun of him. It is par for the course if you are going be President. If you can't take it, don't run. At a minimum, ignore it. The more someone throws a hissy fit about being teased, the more people are going to do it because they know it can agitate a person. The man is 70 and acts like he's 12. His ego is so ridiculously fragile that it is one of the most dangerous things about having him in that office. China slights him? Ok, let's go get the nuclear codes or let's go drop a bomb on them. He cannot separate the personal from the professional, he is way too quick to overreact, he can't process information properly, he doesn't bother to gather all the facts, he just lets himself be lead around by his "ego" and if his poor little "feels" get hurt, then he massively overreacts and looks like a douchebag, especially for someone his age. And to think that people used to make comments about how it was too dangerous to have a woman as President in case it was "her time of the month" and she was over emotional. Well, it seems with Trump it is always Trump's "time of the month" and he has no idea how to hold it together and have poise, dignity and humility, which are absolute requirements of this job. The man is train wreck with major emotional deficiencies and he needs to grow up and act in way that does that office some justice. If he can't do that, then step down, though I think the chances of him self destructing are still pretty good - it's way too easy to get under his skin.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, windsprints said:

it couldn't' be more obvious that the words he's saying are not his own.  he acts like he's reading the words off the teleprompter for the first time, adding in his little ad libs of "so important"  and "it's about time".

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

Trump needs to take a lesson from those who have come before him and quit making an issue out of SNL or anyone else who dares to impersonate or make fun of him. It is par for the course if you are going be President. If you can't take it, don't run. At a minimum, ignore it.

The first thought I had after Trump's whine about SNL was that Bush Sr. invited Dana Carvey to the White House and the two of them played pranks on White House staff.   It seems like most Presidents have not only not whined about their portrayal or the jokes at their expense, but they embraced it, and took it as a compliment.  Trump is so damn thin-skinned, I think there is a genuine chance that he might actually put out some feelers about getting SNL to stop mocking him.  Personally, if I was running SNL, I'd double down. I'd also cut back on the fluffier comedy and point the comedy at the very serious issues he presents.   

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

yep.  and people who heard all that "bring jobs back to America"  stuff, should have listened better to what he was saying.  he made it pretty clear that he thinks the minimum wage is too high, and that companies will keep jobs in America if they didn't have to pay American workers so much. 

I kept hearing how he was going to run the country like a business, because he's a business man.   Only - businesses don't run for the benefit of anyone but the owner.  Trump brings that model to the presidency, and it will fail.   because we don't work for him -  he's supposed to work for us.   Look at how he reacts when someone does something he doesn't like - actors, comics, the press -  his business background tells him to "fire"  those who disagree, but he can't -  so he'll tweet, yell, chastise, block access, threaten to sue.  it's going to drive him crazy that he can't just get rid of people who disagree with him. 

• Love 17

Top network executives, anchors meet with Donald Trump

Executives and anchors from the country’s five biggest television networks are meeting with President-elect Donald Trump at Trump Tower on Monday afternoon.

The meeting was organized by Trump’s campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, who is now a senior adviser to Trump.

NBC’s Chuck Todd and Lester Holt; CNN’s Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett; CBS’s Norah O’Donnell, Charlie Rose, John Dickerson, and Gayle King; and ABC’s George Stephanopoulos were some of the anchors who were seen entering Trump Tower shortly before 1 p.m.

A source said ABC’s David Muir and Martha Raddatz were expected to attend.

Sources said the meeting would involve Trump, Conway and representatives from ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and Fox News. (NBC’s cable news channel MSNBC is included in the NBC invitation, Conway noted.)

The substance of the meeting is intended to be off the record, meaning the participants will not divulge what is said.

President Obama and other government officials occasionally hold similar off the record sessions with reporters, anchors and other media bigwigs. (Obama talked off the record with the reporters traveling with him on the way home from Peru on Sunday night.)

Those last sentences sound like an attempt to normalize this. President Obama complained about the media like every president has, and lord knows, so do we.

But as far as I know, PBO didn’t confine media representatives at his campaign events to a pen, rain abuse on them and urge his supporters to pillory the campaign press to the extent the Secret Service had to protect them. I don’t recall PBO’s supporters reviving an explicitly Nazi pejorative, “lügenpresse,” or “lying press,” to screech at the media.

So here’s an update on how that Trump/media heads meeting went:

Trump meeting with media a ‘f---ing firing squad’

President-elect Donald Trump raged at anchors and executives from America’s five largest television networks during an off-the-record meeting Monday, according to a new report.

Two sources described the hour-long meeting at New York City’s Trump Tower in catastrophic terms to The New York Post.

“It was like a f—ing firing squad,” one source said of the meeting. “Trump started with [CNN President] Jeff Zucker and said, ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed.’”

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down.”

The Post’s second source said the meeting included 30 to 40 people, and said Trump also took aim at ABC and NBC.

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room full of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong,'” the source said. “He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. Trump didn’t say [NBC reporter] Katy Tur by name, but talked about a female correspondent who got it wrong.

“Then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when [Democratic presidential nominee] Hillary [Clinton] lost [and] who hosted a debate — which was [ABC’s] Martha Raddatz, who was also in the room.”

Hair Gropenführer busy salting the earth before the inauguration.

• Love 9

He meets with media where its later described as being like a firing squad then later he tweets:  "Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!".  Was that the purpose of his meeting, because he's upset that they are exposing facts about him/his business?  

Also, outside of "stop it" in the 60 Minutes interview he hasn't made a single statement (or even a tweet) condemning the hate crimes being committed in his name or about the Neo-Nazi type rallies celebrating his win.   Since its apparent he reads the media coverage of himself he knows these events are occurring.  His continuing silence is indicating (to me) that he condones this behavior as he's unwilling to condemn it.  He tweeted 4 (he deleted 1 calling the Hamilton cast untalented) times to condemn the cast making a polite statement while these other situations are ongoing.

In his video he made no attempt to unify our country.  Again, obviously he follows the media so he's well aware of the division in the country. No attempt to reach out to people who did not vote for him or even a sentence admitting there are people he needs to work to win over.

Everything about him is reactionary.  I wish I could find even a sliver of something Presidential in him but there's nothing (for me).

• Love 23

Welcome to the Trump kleptocracy, windsprints.

“It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it,” Donald Trump said back in 2000 when he was contemplating a bid that he never followed through on. And while he didn’t actually turn a profit on his 2016 run, it’s looking more and more likely that being president is going to be very lucrative for Trump. By the time it’s over, he may even be worth as much as he has always claimed to be.

The words “conflict of interest” don’t begin to describe what the Trump administration is shaping up to look like — though there will be plenty of conflicts of interest with administration figures such as Rudy Giuliani, who made millions from foreign governments and corporations, some of which are hostile to the United States. But the real action is going to be in Trump’s own family.

Anti-nepotism laws prevent Trump from giving his family members jobs in the administration. But don’t think that’s going to stop them from being active participants in U.S. government decision-making, or using the fact that Trump is president to keep money flowing in. In fact, we could see the president enriching himself and his family on a scale that we normally associate with post-Soviet kleptocrats and Third World dictators.

For starters, Ivanka, Eric and Donald Trump Jr. are on the executive committee of Trump’s transition team, helping decide who gets hired for key positions and what the administration’s initial focus will be. We learned that someone on the transition team inquired about obtaining security clearances for the three so that they could see classified information (though the Trump team protested that the request did not come from Trump himself). Then there’s the matter of Ivanka Trump’s husband…

Kushner — whose knowledge of government is so minimal that he was apparently surprised to learn that the Obama staffers in the White House wouldn’t be staying on to serve President Trump — is shaping up as perhaps his father-in-law’s closest adviser. He won’t have an official position, yet he’ll be privy to some of the most sensitive intelligence secrets the government possesses…

I figure Hair Gropenführer wants a cut of all the government spending, i.e. every contract has to go through a Hair Gropenführer owned company or agent. That’s what all his “infrastructure plan” scam is predicated on. It’s a con. It will put money in Hair Gropenführer owned businesses or get cuts of the action to steer to crony business partners. They will own public goods and charge us to use them to reap their profits.
Any fucking Democrat who tries to “work with” the Hair Gropenführer administration needs to be screamed at by their constituents every day. The Democrat's are going to get rolled. Again.

• Love 9

Trump and his petty twitter rants... jeez. He's still hung up on the Hamilton show comments. If he wanted to do something useful on twitter, he should tweet a condemnation of that Nazi-esque white supremacist rally where they were saying America started out as a white country and should be/would be a white country again under Trump. They were chanting All Hail Trump, complete with the raised right arm salutes. Not even going to try to link to that disgusting spectacle, but the video has been all over the news channels tonight.

Kellyanne Conartist said Trump wont say anything about the racist video because he doesn't want to draw attention to it and give the racists a "platform." Oh, bullshit! His entire campaign was based on giving a platform to racists, and then he put the rotten cherry on top by appointing Steve Bannon as his top strategist.

Trump ought to get his flabby orange ass off twitter. He doesn't understand that the President actually has to WORK, all day and often well into the night, reading and analyzing reports. Obama tried to warn him about the work load. The POTUS doesn't have time to piss around on twitter all night.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Trump ought to get his flabby orange ass off twitter. He doesn't understand that the President actually has to WORK, all day and often well into the night, reading and analyzing reports. Obama tried to warn him about the work load. The POTUS doesn't have time to piss around on twitter all night.

I really wonder about this.  Will Trump actually be working into the night?  Or will he delegate everything to "the best people' and not bother to do the work himself?

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

What kind of "transparency" are we talking about here?!!?! Fucking CNN had Lewandowski on its fucking payrolls at the same time he drew a salary from Trump! Chuck Todd? CHUCK FUCKING TODD? The GOP's water carrier?! 

Face it, folks. We are on our own here. 

Tomorrow, the NYT has a meeting with Herr Trump. I suspect we'll get to find out soon enough if he can shoot someone on 5th Avenue and no one will give a shit -- because no one will ever report it. 'Cause, you know, "transparency." 

Can we resurrect Walter Cronkite, Edward R Murrow, Morley Safer, Mike Wallace, Ed Bradley, and Joseph Welch?  We could just tell them "Guys, this is our next President of the United States.  Mr Cronkite, Mr Murrow, Mr Safer, Mr Wallace, and Mr Bradley, we need your reporting now, and Mr Welch will be your counsel should anything go to court.  And gentlemen, have fun."

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 10

Trumplethinskin has apparently cancelled the NY Times meeting because they "changed the terms and conditions". This - according to his tweet - is apparently not nice. 

(I asked him if he wanted some cheese with that whine)

• Love 20
5 hours ago, izabella said:

I really wonder about this.  Will Trump actually be working into the night?  Or will he delegate everything to "the best people' and not bother to do the work himself?

Delegation is SOP for business, but not so great for politics.  My state, Michigan, elected a businessman as a governor, so we should know.  

Rick Snyder, as a person, seems like a nice guy.  I must admit our economy is doing great right now (except don't ask the morons in Macomb county who think Trump will bring back jobs paying $35 an hour for screwing in a screw).  But his habit of delegating much more than he should lead to an entire city of kids getting poisoned.  When he was first warned that it could happen, he ignored it because he had "people" to take care of it. 

forgive the weird quote boxes.  I'm half asleep.

1 minute ago, KIMBERLYANN11 said:

1 minute ago, KIMBERLYANN11 said:

Edited by KIMBERLYANN11
oh, fuck it
  • Love 8

Can't get through a cup of coffee without more popping up on twitter about him, lol. For your reading pleasure:

Trump Airs Grievances, Fields Questions In Meeting With Top TV News Figures

Guess he wants his photos airbrushed, lol

ETA: and 1 more:

Not shocking since she'd been investigated over and over and nothing has been found to charge her with any crime.  Wonder how the people who screamed "LOCK HER UP" for 8 months are going to feel about this, ha.

clinton.JPG

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 7

CBC just reported about drumpf wanting Nigel Farage to be the British ambassador to the States. The British government politely declined as only the Brits can saying they had a very capable person in place who will be there for many years. 

Can't wait until he has his meeting with the Queen next year ?

ETA: Only drumpf would be be thin skinned enough to bitch about an unflattering photo of him being used in the press. Thanks windsprints! More like LMAO 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, KIMBERLYANN11 said:

I must say - super-republican Justin Amash from Michigan just took a shot at Trump on Twitter.  Amash is a jerk in a lot of ways, but I need to give credit where credit is due. For all his many faults, he has always been a supporter of transparency and I might hold my nose and actually give his office a call of support. Dang.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/800914868039655425

Good for him!

Surprised to see that most responses are positive. Except for Women 4 Trump whose one response is nothing but emojis.

I'll grab hold of just about anything right now.

• Love 5

CNN did a Sunday spot on the problem with "fake news". The root cause of believing any stupid headline etc. Is lack of critical thinking. People just don't have enough critical knowledge anymore so they are more inclined to believe whatever they see rather than question it. Therefore if donald says it, it must be true. Scary!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, windsprints said:

ETA: The Times says DJT cancelled:

nytimes.JPG

Fight back New York Times, fight back.  Fight back every news outlet.  Come on Fox News, I know you have it in you to call out Trump on his wanting to trample all over the 1st Amendment.  You guys are the 4th branch of government, show him you won't take this crap.  You are what Trump fears most.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Conway said Clinton "still has to face the fact that a majority of Americans don't find her to be honest or trustworthy," but added that "if Donald Trump can help her heal, then perhaps that's a good thing to do."

Clinton can face the fact that she received 2 million more votes for the office than he did. Two million people found her more honest or trustworthy than him. 

ETA: Or, in other words, what windsprints wrote while I was typing. 

Edited by Guest

I wonder if any Trump supporters cringe when they read his tweets. Good lord, Hamilton won 11 Tony's and is sold out for the next year, yet Trump "heard" that its overrated". When it comes to anything having to do with culture or the arts, the clown doesn't have a clue!

Does anyone know if Melania has any interests other than mothering Barron? I mean, does she sit on the boards of any charitable groups or get involved in any causes? She has plenty of time for such things, as Barron is in school and she has people who do everything for her.  I'd also love to hear Michelle's real opinion of their meeting. I can't help but think that she had to carry the whole conversation and was probably relieved when the meeting was over.

I'm  having such a hard time accepting what happened on November 8th. I can't imagine no longer watching the beautiful Obama family bring so much class, elegance, love and laughter to the White House. I also don't think we'll ever see a more endearing relationship than the current President and Vice-President have. The Kennedy years were called Camelot, but to me, the past eight years has been my Camelot.

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 21
11 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

I think I'm gonna see myself out of online political discussion for awhile.  This man & his enablers make me ill.  Seriously.  I't getting harder & harder for me to not lash out blindly, and I'm mindful of the warnings that have been posted by the mods today.  I can't help it.  Drumpf supporters...I just can't.  See you all again eventually.  Out of respect to pTV & the mods, I'll spend my time trying to do things IRL to fight this menace, but I'll be stopping by to see what others have to say.

I wish you would see yourself back in! You added a great deal of information,offered concrete suggestions and gave many of us more than one good guffaw! 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Welcome to the Trump kleptocracy, windsprints.

I figure Hair Gropenführer wants a cut of all the government spending, i.e. every contract has to go through a Hair Gropenführer owned company or agent. That’s what all his “infrastructure plan” scam is predicated on. It’s a con. It will put money in Hair Gropenführer owned businesses or get cuts of the action to steer to crony business partners. They will own public goods and charge us to use them to reap their profits.
Any fucking Democrat who tries to “work with” the Hair Gropenführer administration needs to be screamed at by their constituents every day. The Democrat's are going to get rolled. Again.

His infrastructure plan is patently absurd.  In the case of roads, for example, we, the people who actually pay taxes (ahem, Cheeto!), will be paying for those roads twice.  First, we'll pay for the tax breaks to the corporate and foreign investors, then, we'll pay tolls on those roads directly to the corporate or foreign investors who control them.  Bonus:  Who here thinks that those investors will simply cease collecting tolls once they've recouped their initial investment and a generous profit?  Who thinks those tolls will be reasonable and not a hindrance to travel (even to work or school) for many lower middle class and below Americans?  Anyone?  Anyone?  

• Love 7

More on that meeting with TV talking heads and executives yesterday from the New Yorker:

Another participant at the meeting said that Trump’s behavior was “totally inappropriate” and “fucking outrageous.” The television people thought that they were being summoned to ask questions; Trump has not held a press conference since late July. Instead, they were subjected to a stream of insults and complaints—and not everyone absorbed it with pleasure.

“I have to tell you, I am emotionally fucking pissed,” another participant said. “How can this not influence coverage? I am being totally honest with you. Toward the end of the campaign, it got to a point where I thought that the coverage was all about [Trump’s] flaws and problems. And that’s legit. But, I thought, O.K., let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. After the meeting today, though—and I am being human with you here—I think, Fuck him! I know I am being emotional about it. And I know I will get over it in a couple of days after Thanksgiving. But I really am offended. This was unprecedented. Outrageous!”

Oh, you're emotionally pissed, now anonymous source? Welcome to the hell the rest of us have been in that you helped create,  you asshole. 

12 hours ago, Padma said:

I really wish I could feel sympathy for the people who voted for Trump and now will be screwed by  him (and other Reps) just like the rest of us will.

But I can't. There were so many reasons to vote against him, all of them so public.  Now I fully believe he will destroy my country and harm life for everyone but himself and his rich cronies.

I'm bitter.  So when he takes his elderly supporters SS checks, destroys their Medicare and sends them into bankruptcy, lowers working people's wages, undermines their unions, triggers a trade war with China followed by a recession, then starts a war abroad and drafts their children to fight in it, I'm sorry to say, I will only be angry at what has been inflicted on this country. I wish I could sympathize, but I can't. 

So much WORD to this!  

I certainly can't feel any sympathy for them because they have been repeatedly voting for the same losers for 20-30 years, who have been robbing them blind.  When a person can look you in the eye and strongly tell you in the foulest language possible that she doesn't care if the ACA would help her chronically ill child, but she hates that n-word Obama so much that she would rather see her child dead, well guess what.  Fuck you.  It's a shame the child has to suffer, but fuck you.  

They willfully voted against their own economic interests for years just so long as they could feel superior to "those people."  Even when you try to point out that there are more of them on welfare as opposed to what they have been spoon fed by hate radio and Fox so-called news, they get "swole up in the chest" and refuse to acknowledge it.  And, on the rare occasion they do, they sneer that it's Obama's fault.

If they bothered to really pay attention, the Cretin-in-Chief was no different from the other 16 GOP aspirants on that debate stage.  He talked a good game, but he had his celebrity status working in his favor, blustered the loudest, set the narrative for the media to follow, and now here we are.  They were warned repeatedly by several newspaper editorial boards, columnists, economists, the intelligence community, etc. about how dangerously unfit this lower life form was.  This lower species of fecal matter even warned his own supporters by his actions and words that he didn't really want the job; he just wanted to win.  And, they still supported him anyway--all the way over the proverbial cliff.

Well, as the old Toyota commercial said:  You want it, you got it.  Y'all enjoy the low life and race to the bottom while you can.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

More on that meeting with TV talking heads and executives yesterday from the New Yorker:

Oh, you're emotionally pissed, now anonymous source? Welcome to the hell the rest of us have been in that you helped create,  you asshole. 

What gets me is the "I'm sure I'll be over it after Thanksgiving" thing.  The fuck?  No, don't get over it.  This is a direct attack on the First Amendment, and you're a member of the press.  You don't "get over it" once you've gotten a belly full of turkey and a day to relax with family.  This isn't someone saying they didn't like that tie you wore to the office.  This is the President-Elect telling the media that they can go fuck themselves if they try to write anything about him that he doesn't approve (or if they print a picture he thinks makes him look fat, but, really just accurately reflects his appearance).  You don't just shrug that shit off.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

CNN did a Sunday spot on the problem with "fake news". The root cause of believing any stupid headline etc. Is lack of critical thinking. People just don't have enough critical knowledge anymore so they are more inclined to believe whatever they see rather than question it. Therefore if donald says it, it must be true. Scary!

This! People repeat Facebook headlines and Donald's hyperbole like parrots. Social media and blogging has severely undermined news sources that do real reporting (which involves fact checking). People accept things at face value and don't want to read in-depth news reports. I'm hoping the reveal of Facebook's "fake news" can be a wake-up call. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

CBC just reported about drumpf wanting Nigel Farage to be the British ambassador to the States. The British government politely declined as only the Brits can saying they had a very capable person in place who will be there for many years. 

Can't wait until he has his meeting with the Queen next year ?

ETA: Only drumpf would be be thin skinned enough to bitch about an unflattering photo of him being used in the press. Thanks windsprints! More like LMAO 

What? The queen of England is not "young" and will not be half or totally nehkid. So he'll send someone else. Watch.

Also,who wants to make a bet on when he starts beheading people a la ISIS who do not airbrush his fat face to his liking.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KIMBERLYANN11 said:

I must say - super-republican Justin Amash from Michigan just took a shot at Trump on Twitter.  Amash is a jerk in a lot of ways, but I need to give credit where credit is due. For all his many faults, he has always been a supporter of transparency and I might hold my nose and actually give his office a call of support. Dang.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/800914868039655425

I agree. Support it! It only takes one or two R's to get the ball rolling. Others might then feel brave enough to join in. especially if they see vocal support on social media, phone calls etc.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ari333 said:

What? The queen of England is not "young" and will not be half or totally nehkid. So he'll send someone else. Watch.

Maybe he will ask if they can send that "hot piece of ass" Kate Middleton instead.

• Love 5