Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

3 minutes ago, random chance said:

I read that too, on a handy illustration, so I went ahead and looked it up - I'm just going to link directly to their tumblr so that I don't accidentally deprive someone of artwork credit.  (Aaannnd the link code button isn't working so I'll just post the actual long link.) http://maeril.tumblr.com/post/149669302551/hi-everyone-this-is-an-illustrated-guide-i-made

So true, I had a similar experience with someone I (thought I) knew forever. I stood there speechless until she finished talking and then just turned around and walked away. Later on I made a mental note of all the things I should have said so that I'd have something in the holster for next time.

It's a pretty sad indictment of the United States when people need to be instructed as to how to intervene peacefully between a hater and their victim without getting killed.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, rcc said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/mormon-tabernacle-choir-to-sing-at-donald-trumps-presidential-inauguration/ar-BBxsblN?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Is this why Mitt Romney was summoned to the tower? Not just to humiliate him but to get the entertainment for his innauguration. Good boy Mitt!

Humiliating!  Summoned to dine with Trump, possibly to be asked to be in his Cabinet, but no, it's just "Hey, you're Mormon!  Do you have the number of the head of the Choir?  can you get them to perform for me? "

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, backformore said:

Humiliating!  Summoned to dine with Trump, possibly to be asked to be in his Cabinet, but no, it's just "Hey, you're Mormon!  Do you have the number of the head of the Choir?  can you get them to perform for me? "

I think Donald Trump just wants to beef up the numbers of his inauguration crowd because whenever I've seen the Mormon Tabernacle Choir it seemed like there was at least 400 of them. I doubt Donald Trump cares anything about the music they'll be singing.

Haaa! I'm editing because Boris Epshteyn is on CNN and he is 'proud to announce' that the Radio City Rockettes are going to be "part of the celebration of freedom and democracy" at the inauguration. Boris Epshteyn defended the fact that they can't get big names to perform and pointed out that President-elect Trump does not need billionaire superstars like Beyonce or JayZ at his inauguration. Elton John and David Foster were both invited and 'respectfully declined'. 

Brooke Baldwin asked "where are your big names, where are your mega-artists?" Epshteyn "All Donald Trump needs is himself, an American flag, and his supporters. It's not about billionaire artists, it's not about celebrities, it's not about billionaires sipping champagne in Beverly Hills or the Hamptons. It's about every day Americans and that's what won the election with over 300 electoral votes on November 8th." Brooke Baldwin was trying hard not to laugh but she did get in a little dig of her own. "understand, that's why uh....nearly half the Americans wanted him to be President." ZING!

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 6

Still, my response was weak and insufficient, predictably, as I'm someone who really doesn't like confrontation.  My point is that it's easy to be unprepared for bigots or the situations they create with others and, as a result, not react in a strong way.  Maybe now, with Trump around, we'll get better at it. (I'm still not quite sure what I wish I'd said or done, just something different.)

It's true, it can happen anywhere.    It's not weak to be taken off-guard by completely horrible behavior in another person, by the way. 

Sometimes I feel absolutely dazed by the necessity of trying to figure out things like this:  Okay, how should I act if and when horribly racist stuff goes down on my watch?  Should I "Cry 'havoc!',  and let slip the dogs of war?"  That's certainly the more likely scenario, knowing me. 

These are not questions I thought I'd have to answer in any kind of action plan. 

Although, without going into all the reasons I know this already, I don't know if I'd be able to do the right de-escalating thing.  I'm just trying to make sure I at least know what I'm supposed to do, to keep the person being attacked safest.  

• Love 5

Although, without going into all the reasons I know this already, I don't know if I'd be able to do the right de-escalating thing.  I'm just trying to make sure I at least know what I'm supposed to do, to keep the person being attacked safest.  

Think of it in terms of kids and bullying.   Kid 1 insults kid 2, who looks upset but isn't fighting back.   Kid 3, observing, would do more good by approaching kid 2 and offering support/friendship, than by getting into an altercation with kid 1.  when we think of getting involved in bullying by making the bully stop, it is frightening and risky.  But just showing solidarity with the victim can be powerful.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, BBDi said:

I think it would be easy to spin this to his supporters as a more "dignified" inauguration, especially if he can play up the inclusion of "regular people" in the inauguration. 

Or remember when the convention turned into a bit of a flop he just did what he always did--throw other people under the bus and say he had nothing to do with it and never claimed it would be great even though he did.

2 minutes ago, backformore said:

But just showing solidarity with the victim can be powerful.

Yeah, watching the video I thought it was hard because the women were at the counter and everyone was in line so it was hard for them to just to talk to the two women directly. But at least someone could have said, "No we don't" when the woman claimed everyone was thinking the same thing. 

Newt is learning the public prostration required of authoritarian loyalists. The dear leader often changes his mind but he's always correct

This makes me think of all the fantasy books I've ready where it's always clear that it's so much better to be on the good guys' side because the minions just get abused all the time. Like, why would you want to be in the stoat's army in the Redwall books? Or be an orc? Your life is miserable. Ultimately loyalty based on fear sucks and eventually you realize you ought to be afraid.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Haaa! I'm editing because Boris Epshteyn is on CNN and he is 'proud to announce' that the Radio City Rockettes are going to be "part of the celebration of freedom and democracy" at the inauguration.

Well, I'm highly unlikely to watch either the MTC or the Rockettes perform at the best of times, so I guess I can't say I'll boycott them.  But neither of them can ever count on any money from me.

Passenger removed from a JetBlue flight in which Ivanka and Jared were aboard flying to Hawaii. I don't know why they weren't in first class or why Donald didn't loan him the jet?

And this is the reason that when you're part of American's most hated family, you use the family jet.  I don't believe the little kids should be shamed, but I have no sympathy for Ivanka the Terrible or her Horrible Husband.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 11

I never thought Romney was in serious consideration for a cabinet position.  I always felt that it was all a play to humiliate Romney for all he said about Trump.  He has proven to be a vindictive man and knowing that Romney would salivate to be Sec of State to remain relevant. The whole dog and pony show to trot him out show him kissing the ring (and basically bend over grab your ankles and smile) was Trump’s ultimate F@ck You to Romney.   Being that he caved on his principles when it came to his views about Trump (as did so many other republicans – looking at you Paul Ryan) he got what he deserved – the walk of shame home complete with rumpled shirt and that look of “Is there jizz on my face?”

So no cabinet position just a roadie for the Mormon Choir. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Well, I'm highly unlikely to watch either the MTC or the Rockettes perform at the best of times, so I guess I can't say I'll boycott them.  But neither of them can ever count on any money from me.

And this is the reason that when you're part of American's most hated family, you use the family jet.  I don't believe the little kids should be shamed, but I have no sympathy for Ivanka the Terrible or her Horrible Husband.

I don't think that Ivanka realizes that there's very bad people out there that would want to harm her or her husband. She's been inside the "love Trump" bubble. But Jared should be wiser and book at least first class or a private jet, they can easily afford it. I was actually shocked to see them on a regular flight. They are certainly leaving themselves vulnerable if they think they can just have a private life now because that's not possible. I saw her face when this was going on and she looked bewildered and a bit puzzled.

1222-ivanka-flight-attack-twitter-6.thumb.jpg.cd49252e9916c26255b2f4f51730aaad.jpg

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I think Donald Trump just wants to beef up the numbers of his inauguration crowd because whenever I've seen the Mormon Tabernacle Choir it seemed like there was at least 400 of them. I doubt Donald Trump cares anything about the music they'll be singing.

Haaa! I'm editing because Boris Epshteyn is on CNN and he is 'proud to announce' that the Radio City Rockettes are going to be "part of the celebration of freedom and democracy" at the inauguration. Boris Epshteyn defended the fact that they can't get big names to perform and pointed out that President-elect Trump does not need billionaire superstars like Beyonce or JayZ at his inauguration. Elton John and David Foster were both invited and 'respectfully declined'. 

Brooke Baldwin asked "where are your big names, where are your mega-artists?" Epshteyn "All Donald Trump needs is himself, an American flag, and his supporters. It's not about billionaire artists, it's not about celebrities, it's not about billionaires sipping champagne in Beverly Hills or the Hamptons. It's about every day Americans and that's what won the election with over 300 electoral votes on November 8th." Brooke Baldwin was trying hard not to laugh but she did get in a little dig of her own. "understand, that's why uh....nearly half the Americans wanted him to be President." ZING!

You know, when I read that this was a celebration of "freedom and democracy," I honestly thought you were referring to the Million Woman March.  Because nothing says "freedom and democracy" like (a) demonizing the media for telling the truth; (b) shutting down dissent within one's own party and elsewhere; (c) scapegoating those "other" people; (d) hate crimes, which Coral Caligula's campaign rhetoric all but encouraged and for which he has yet to take responsibility; (e) threatening to jail one's political opponent; (f) aligning one's self with known dictators while dissing American intelligence agencies; (g) creating a Muslim registry; (h) denying the press access; (i) holding Nuremberg rallies masquerading as "victory tours"; (j) setting up what could easily become a junta of disaffected generals; (k) elevating one's trifling family members with positions of power; (l) having one's transition team distribute questionnaires demanding to know people's position on climate change; and (m) filling the swamp with people who want to destroy everything they can get their greedy, grubby, grasping paws on.

And, those are just the highlights!

• Love 13

Count me among those who will not care to see the "inauguration" of one Donald J. dadgum T-R-U-M-P. I never liked him on The Apprentice, and I think personally that he will ruin America as badly as Obama was accused of doing for the 8 years of Obama's two terms, and such is why I did not vote for Trump or Clinton (in fact, in this election, I personally felt that neither one was the lesser of two evils). A lot of people would have insisted that I was wasting my vote by not going for Trump or Clinton, but in this election, I have always felt otherwise.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

^^ I hate it that happened.  It just creates sympathy for that family.

I'm going to be dealing directly out of the Trumpenista deck of cards from here on, starting with this: she probably hired someone to harass her to stir up sympathy for herself.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I don't think that Ivanka realizes that there's very bad people out there that would want to harm her or her husband. She's been inside the "love Trump" bubble. But Jared should be wiser and book at least first class or a private jet, they can easily afford it. I was actually shocked to see them on a regular flight. They are certainly leaving themselves vulnerable if they think they can just have a private life now because that's not possible. I saw her face when this was going on and she looked bewildered and a bit puzzled.

1222-ivanka-flight-attack-twitter-6.jpg

Yeah...sort of like Marie Antoinette.

That Trump "love bubble" must be quite a magical place.  Let's see...men want to date you because they think you're "hot."  Stupid women pay tens of thousands of dollars to look like your dad with a nose job, arched eyebrows, cheek implants and lipstick.  The media has you thinking that you're all that and five bags of chips.  You're so lacking in self-awareness that you don't consider how unseemly it is to use the presidency to hawk a  $10,000 bracelet at a time when daddy's supporters are anxious about losing their health insurance while they eat cake.  You flout the spoken and unspoken rules about pay-to-play access.  But, it's okay, since the money is going to your brother, Uday's "foundation" first before it actually goes to the supposed recipient of the charitable funds.  This, despite your father making it a huge deal about his opponent.  In fact, you're so convinced of your own greatness that you and Heinous Husband decide to go slumming by flying Jet Blue with the peasants.  "They LOVE us!  Daddy said so!" 

Welcome to the real world where everybody doesn't buy into your bullshit.  

• Love 18

I don't think that Ivanka realizes that there's very bad people out there that would want to harm her or her husband. She's been inside the "love Trump" bubble.

She'd have to be deaf, blind and dumb if she doesn't know how people regard her.  She can read, and watch tv.  And she's been around when her father was boo-ed in the streets.  She literally would have to be standing around with her fingers in her ears, singing, "La la la... I can't hear you" not to know.  And if she were any decent kind of human being, she'd realize it without anyone having to say anything.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, bmasters9 said:

I did not vote for Trump or Clinton (in fact, in this election, I personally felt that neither one was the lesser of two evils).

I have to ask--what would Clinton be doing now that is on the same level as Trump here? 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, sistermagpie said:

I have to ask--what would Clinton be doing now that is on the same level as Trump here? 

That's a good question! I think what made me deem neither one as the lesser of two evils is because of the constant finger-pointing from both sides (Trump judges Clinton, Clinton judges Trump). I got tired of that ever-so-fast!

11 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

She'd have to be deaf, blind and dumb if she doesn't know how people regard her.  She can read, and watch tv.  And she's been around when her father was boo-ed in the streets.  She literally would have to be standing around with her fingers in her ears, singing, "La la la... I can't hear you" not to know.  And if she were any decent kind of human being, she'd realize it without anyone having to say anything.

I don't think anyone in that family is the least bit intellectually curious, so I doubt Ivanka reads anything but her balance sheets, just like her dad.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, izabella said:

I don't think anyone in that family is the least bit intellectually curious, so I doubt Ivanka reads anything but her balance sheets, just like her dad.

I don't think Ivanka is as gnome-like as that.  Weren't she and Chelsea Clinton friends for a while?  I can't see a smart young woman like Chelsea spending any time with a cretin, so Ivanka must have something more than just balance sheets in her head.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

There is no such thing as the "alt left."

"Alt-right" is the white supremacists' attempt at rebranding. "Alt-left" is the white supremacists' attempt to create a false equivalency that anything on the left matches the white supremacists' beliefs.

11 hours ago, kassa said:

I know facts are hard, and especially hard to come by from the media sources you frequent, but do try to keep up.  The drone incident was settled before Trump probably even heard about it, let alone opined about it.  

Personally, I try not to engage with unreasonable people. Trumpkins aren't interested in having a reasonable discussion; they just want poke liberals so they overreact.

From Jim Wright/Stonekettle Station's Twitter: 

You cannot reason with somebody who is being deliberately unreasonable.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 20

^^^ Yep, a couple weeks ago, I posted a WaPo (I think) article discussing exactly this.  It was actually that pile of filth Hannity & other so-called conservative talking heads discussing coming up w/ a label to combat all the negative connotations of "alt-right" being attached to right wing thought.

As you said, "alt-right" was actually a re-branding undertaken by Richard Spencer.  ***It was the white supremacists who came up with that label; it was NOT liberals who labeled them as such.***

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 12

I'm Canadian, and have watched all of this unfold daily. If the Mormon choir is really singing at the inauguration, it's the first time I feel more personally affected. My father is a Mormon (I am not), and I'm no fan of the Mormon church but this is a new low...supporting a guy who is a racist and brags about assaulting women, all bc they are obsessed with striking down abortion laws, gay marriage laws etc. Quite a price to pay. 

Usually I spend Christmas alone, bc my relationships with my family are difficult, this year I decided I would have dinner with my father and step-mother, now have to tolerate him gloating over this, as it will be seen as a success for the Church, like an honour. 

The hypocrisy of the 'family-friendly' church is staggering. 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, cleo said:

Usually I spend Christmas alone, bc my relationships with my family are difficult, this year I decided I would have dinner with my father and step-mother, now have to tolerate him gloating over this, as it will be seen as a success for the Church, like an honour. 

Get out of it. Say you might be coming down with the flu or whatever excuse you have to make, or hell don't make one just say you can't make it and don't explain why. But get out of it. Life is too short.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, random chance said:
59 minutes ago, cleo said:

Get out of it. Say you might be coming down with the flu or whatever excuse you have to make, or hell don't make one just say you can't make it and don't explain why. But get out of it. Life is too short.

This is excellent advice. 

2 hours ago, random chance said:

I fully endorse this point of view.  Why waste time on people who make you unhappy?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Lunata said:

If he doesn't need the billionaire superstars to perform why, why, why do they keep trying to get them to perform.  Enquiring minds want to know?  

And if it's not about celebrities but about every day Americans, here's a thought.  Kick the Rockettes to the curb.  Just say no to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Tell Nugent and his dick, "for the last time, we don't need you".  Let those every day Americans take the stage.  Singing, dancing, goose stepping to beat the band.  The whole ball of wax.  Trump could have an inauguration day version of America's Got Talent.  Keep Chachi, he could host.  It would be inspired.  It would be cheap.  It would be a hoot.  As Captain Picard would say, "Make it so".

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, onthebrink03 said:

If he doesn't need the billionaire superstars to perform why, why, why do they keep trying to get them to perform.  Enquiring minds want to know?  

And if it's not about celebrities but about every day Americans, here's a thought.  Kick the Rockettes to the curb.  Just say no to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Tell Nugent and his dick, "for the last time, we don't need you".  Let those every day Americans take the stage.  Singing, dancing, goose stepping to beat the band.  The whole ball of wax.  Trump could have an inauguration day version of America's Got Talent.  Keep Chachi, he could host.  It would be inspired.  It would be cheap.  It would be a hoot.  As Captain Picard would say, "Make it so".

By the people (that voted for him), for the people (that voted for him).

Do it, Drumpf, show 'em what you're working with.

• Love 8

Gingrich says Trump can’t be expected to follow ethics laws, so Congress should change them for him

During a Monday appearance on NPR, Trump adviser Newt Gingrich argued that Congress should consider changing ethics laws so President-elect Donald Trump could freely mix his administration and his business interests.

“We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,” Gingrich said during a panel discussion on “The Diane Rehm Show.” “We’re going to have to think up a whole new approach.”

The “new approach” Gingrich has in mind also involves Trump liberally using his pardon powers to extract his advisers — including, at least during the presidential transition, three of his adult children — from whatever legal troubles they might find themselves in.

holy shit - it's a goddamn monarchy.  If a president is wealthy enough, he's above the law.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 18

Fuck off Gingrich!  You feeble-minded jackass.

The government does not change the ethics laws, the Constitution, the duty to serve the constituents for the person.  The person changes to accommodate the job.  Donald Trump is not some special snowflake that you throw out 220+ years of history and service that came before.  And by far, far better people, I might add.

Mental illness is running wild in the Repub party.  The bat shit crazy is strong in this one.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I wish someone would start a movement to petition Twitter to ban Trump's account.

If Twitter wanted to, it would be well within its rights to suspend Donald J. Trump’s account.

15state-web-master768.gif

Actually, there is a petition on Change.org to do just that. I signed it, but didn't save the e-mail. If I can find the link again I'll try to post it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Is this the one?

Yes, this is the one that I signed anyway. It looks like Lunata may have found another one as well, but the one I signed was the one that AuntiBeeSpray linked to. I don't think it would hurt anything to sign both, however. Both do appear to allow you to remain anonymous if you are concerned about that.

• Love 1

this one blows my mind:

Trump vineyard seeks Labor Department approval to hire foreign workers

first, what the hell? He's preaching to "Buy American, Hire American", but I guess that doesn't mean anyone named trump.   And second is the conflict of interest:  

Federal ethics experts for former Democratic and Republican administrations warned Thursday that President-elect Donald Trump is creating a major conflict of interest by allowing his Virginia vineyard to seek special temporary visas for foreign workers.

Trump, who is president of the Charlottesville vineyard that applied this month for H2 visas for six foreign workers, will soon run the U.S. government, which determines whether to grant those visas.

“This is a powerful example of why Donald Trump needs to make a definitive break, not just with his operational interests but his ownership interests, by appointing an independent trustee to liquidate all that,” said Norm Eisen, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution who was chief White House ethics lawyer for President Obama from 2009 to 2011.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

Yes, this is the one that I signed anyway. It looks like Lunata may have found another one as well, but the one I signed was the one that AuntiBeeSpray linked to. I don't think it would hurt anything to sign both, however. Both do appear to allow you to remain anonymous if you are concerned about that.

Cool. Yea it's a good thing. Signed the Change one. The guy shoots his mouth off way too much for his own good and the US's safety.

2 minutes ago, backformore said:

this one blows my mind:

Trump vineyard seeks Labor Department approval to hire foreign workers

first, what the hell? He's preaching to "Buy American, Hire American", but I guess that doesn't mean anyone named trump.   And second is the conflict of interest:  

He's a walking ball of hypocrisy. He'll hire foreign workers, but no to anyone else who does.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

I signed three different ones. It's a good idea if you're signing to keep your name private but also to share this link through your Twitter and Facebook accounts if you have them.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I signed three different ones. It's a good idea if you're signing to keep your name private but also to share this link through your Twitter and Facebook accounts if you have them.

I agree - if I used either, I would share them there. Since I don't, and never have, I try to bring those things up here at least so they get some exposure. Special thanks to those of you that do use social media far more than I do and can help spread the word around.

ETA: Imagine Trump's face when he hears that millions have signed various petitions for Twitter to ban him - he'll lose his shit. In the "Trumpgrets" that were posted a while back, one of the main things his own supporters asked him to stop doing was Tweeting.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Lunata said:

Elton John and David Foster were both invited and 'respectfully declined'. 

I'm choosing to imagine Sir Elton, in his lovely British accent basically said "are you fucking kidding me? I'm gay and British! And then proceed to rip into Trump, ending with a Bless Your Heart".

• Love 15

Watching "A Christmas Carol" it's irresistible to imagine Alec Baldwin in it as DT. You know, the Ghost of Christmas Past showing him all the "little people" he'd cheated, how he cut medical care for his hospitalized nephew with cerebral palsy, the bankruptcies that ruined so many lives, how he cheated on Ivana with 24 year old Marla (and Don Jr. didn't speak to him for a year)...and on and on. 

Then the present--the lies and unfair attacks on Hillary, the promises that were lies, the people he's who depend on health care, SS, Medicare, etc. how he's getting rid of it all, the corruption and plans for making money from the presidency.  And finally, the future (we survive in this one) where he sees himself reviled by former supporters, now destitute, air pollution and filthy water, an environment destroyed by corporate greed run amok and sees the classrooms where students are taught about the "worst president in our history, the man who almost destroyed America", etc. etc.

Just a short little SNL 10 minute sketch could even do.  What would be great would be how apoplectic it would make him. But I keep thinking that someone around him must have a conscience. Maybe one of those people (Ivanka, the mother of four?) would be jolted into reconsidering the madness.

It doesn't have to be this way. He still has 30 days to decide to be a better president, even if he won't become a better man, too, like Scrooge did.

• Love 6

He thinks he's just fine. He has lost all touch with reality - if he ever had one. He's got a tweet out now about how all the A listers are begging for tickets to the inauguration but he prefers to have the "people" there. He thinks we're actually going to believe this. Maybe he even believes it himself. It's hard to tell what's bullshit and what's just plain old delusion.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, random chance said:

He thinks he's just fine. He has lost all touch with reality - if he ever had one. He's got a tweet out now about how all the A listers are begging for tickets to the inauguration but he prefers to have the "people" there. He thinks we're actually going to believe this. Maybe he even believes it himself. It's hard to tell what's bullshit and what's just plain old delusion.

Agree that he has lost touch with reality. If he is really trying to convince people that he didn't want "A List" Celebs at his inauguration, then why did he even invite them or try to get them to attend in the first place? We all know how badly this is hurting his ever so fragile ego and just reinforces the fact that no one that he can't pay or who can't benefit off of him thinks he's anything other than a piece of shit (even those he is paying or has appointed, likely think that deep down, but can set it aside for their own personal gain). He has no real friends, no one wants to be around him - they will do so if they are paid or compensated in some way, but otherwise, they know he's a joke, an imbecile, a loser, a racist, homophobe, flat out moron who has six bankruptcies to his name, is an overall failure, has very little comprehension of the English language, no etiquette, no morals or ethics, and yet so badly wants to be seen as one of the elite. However, he doesn't have the qualifications, the pedigree, the diplomacy, the skill, the capability nor the ability to ever be seen as such. He campaigned saying that the people didn't want him to have these things, but he himself hungers for them. His main desire is not just acceptance into the world of the elite and powerful, but to be worshiped by them and seen as their leader. As I said, those who are part of the elite that stand to gain from him may put on a pretense of acceptance, but he is still laughed at and will never truly be taken seriously by any of them. He is a puppet, pure and simple. He is easily manipulated and easily lead. His weaknesses are out there on display for the entire world to see - especially when he Tweets and shows his complete incompetence to the whole world.

The fact is, no matter how hard he tries, he is a world wide joke and deep down he knows it. I've been in Europe for the past week now and will be for another two and then heading to China, and I can honestly say that everyone I've come across in Europe is afraid of the damage he will do and also generally sees him as a laughing stock. He's a downright ignorant twit - without a doubt. No one will ever respect him - they might respect the position he holds, but they will not respect the man holding it.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 19