Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Also, Trump has no way to know that "intelligence briefings are the same day after day", since he has only had two and they weren't on consecutive days. (I wish they'd stop saying "they average one a week".  He got the first. Then, later on, he got another, probably because he was with Pence who was getting them while they were together in Bedford.

And, FYI, Tubby. The world changes every day. That's why 16 intelligence agencies keep up with it and digest it for the president.

It's why we "little people" have daily newspapers.   It seems incredible that someone would be so deficient in curiosity that he doesn't even want the DIGEST of world information these agencies have prepared.

I guess Tony Schwartz was right, "the attention span and intellectual depth of a gnat". 

• Love 24
7 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Yep.  Sadly, I've seen a lot of his supporters on social media saying this "Russia stuff" is just liberal spin and there is no factual basis for it.  It's disturbing, to say the least. They buy PizzaGate hook, line, and sinker because Alex Jones shows them that pizza is mentioned a few times in Podesta's emails, but the CIA states they have conclusive proof of Russia's involvement in our election?  They suddenly become skeptics.  

Exactly. What I dealt with on a forum last night was someone saying that Democrats are clutching their pearls. It's just mind blowing in some ways. Really. 

A couple of examples of what was mentioned:

I don't think Russia being on friendly terms with America is necessarily even a bad thing.

Really? Given their majorly checkered past?

The rest of what was said:

What worries me a million times more about his cabinet appointments is that they're his billionaire friends or crazy right wingers that are being put in charge of government institutions that they don't believe in and want to see dismantled. That's way less abstract than some nebulous Russian threat. It's like Cold War level discourse that you'd normally expect from conservatives and not the other way around.

The Russia thing and daily outrage over Drumpf's tweets is just liberal pearl clutching at things that don't matter, while ignoring the things that do matter. It's so backwards.

Yes the appointments are bad, but who do you think could be behind some of those appointments? And then trying to shift the focus over to the conservatives and saying that is usually their view. And in normal times it tends to be, but this is anything but that. People aren't ignoring anything important, they're realizing that there's far more to it than they thought of before.

• Love 5

The issue isn't about "maybe we can get along with Russia".  The issue is: Did Putin use Russian intelligence to sabotage our election and make Donald Trump president?"

A related question, given the Manafort-Stone-Flynn connections is, "Was Trump a participant in that effort?"

Could the media stay focused on at least the first (since no one seems willing to even ask the second)?  As usual, they are all over the place when the first question is very simple and the answer has been given: "Yes".  

Only Trump and his apologists are saying "No" and, unlike the 17 intelligence agencies, HE has no evidence whatsoever.

• Love 14

"Nebulous Russian threat"?  Yeesh, some people are willfully clueless, aren't they?  

5 minutes ago, Padma said:

Also, Trump has no way to know that "intelligence briefings are the same day after day", since he has only had two and they weren't on consecutive days. (I wish they'd stop saying "they average one a week".  He got the first. Then, later on, he got another, probably because he was with Pence who was getting them while they were together in Bedford.

And, FYI, Tubby. The world changes every day. That's why 16 intelligence agencies keep up with it and digest it for the president.

It's why we "little people" have daily newspapers.   It seems incredible that someone would be so deficient in curiosity that he doesn't even want the DIGEST of world information these agencies have prepared.

I guess Tony Schwartz was right, "the attention span and intellectual depth of a gnat". 

This is one of the reasons I just can't relate to him.  I can't turn away from an opportunity to gain some information or learn something new.  It's just ingrained in me.  And if I was responsible for something, no matter how significant that something is (but certainly if that something was as important as leading a nation), there is no way I could turn away the chance to soak up every bit of information about it.  It's just incomprehensible to me to be the Pres-Elect and turn away vital information like intelligence briefings.  The level of arrogance required to say "I don't need those, I'm smart" is dumbfounding and dangerous.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

Ahhh Russia. haha. I am of the opinion that Russia is trying to figure out how the hell Trump managed to get elected after all they did to maneuver Hillary into place. Trump Stumps Russia would be a good bumper sticker.  I loved it when Trump called out to Russia to find the emails. He didn't say they had them, he told them to find them and that the press would be their friends. He was ribbing the press, not Russia. It is always about the media with Trump, I have no doubts about that part. 

Interesting take on what is at play after the election: http://townhall.com/columnists/robertcharles/2016/12/11/fake-news-russians-and-election-reversal-n2258190

Re: Donna Brazille: There's a little saying when you want to express that you think someone is guilty of what they are denying that goes, a kicked dog is going to holler. She sure was hollering at Megyn Kelly when it was brought up during an interview. And then it came to pass that she did give questions out. That is exactly why CNN fired her. Brazille, and also Debbie Schultz, are just as corrupt as Hillary, no integrity at all. 

Those military football players welcomed Trump with cheers when he showed up to their game over the weekend. And Chris Wallace has him on his show this week. Pretty good interview, Trump being Trump. There are many repeats of shows on Fox if it is missed the first time. Hannity had Ryan on Friday and Ryan said how great it feels to be able to just let your guard down and engage with Trump. Exciting things on the horizon. 

Also, I can't remember if I posted it or not but Dow Chemical is building a plant in Michigan. I don't think it will be very big, but the guy said it was because of Trump being elected that it is going through. And I think I just saw a blip where Trump is changing the tax brackets from 7 to 3. Good times. Here is what was put out during the election, I think it is still the plan: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/tax-plan

Seems to be kind of slow news day today. Guess the media needs some more talking points, since Russia Russia Russia is petering out. LOL. Wonder what the Next.Big.Thing will be? Nothing has worked so far. #FakeNews/Russia/Hillary'sRecount/PopularVote/SelfiesinthewoodswithhumbleHillary/TrumpNeedsToStopTweeting/??? 

Townhall is a hotbed for wingnut paranoia. It has a severe persecution complex and sees liberalism everywhere, which is trying to destroy Christianity and democracy as we know it. Like most websites on the radical right 'blogosphere' it has many columns opposing the "gay agenda", abortion, the "liberal media" (which is almost all of the media), universal healthcare, and Barack Obama. It promotes global warming 'denialism', the Iraq War, torture, and, oddly, Sarah Palin. There is an inherent disdain and paranoia towards Europe, Hollywood, and "liberal elites" such as Al Gore. For whatever reason, random attacks on John McCain and his daughter Meghan McCain for not being "true conservative Republicans" is a running theme as well.

About the big news.... wait, it's coming.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm just glad he is starting to piss off people who have been on his side. They mistakenly thought they were safe and protected from his craziness.

Are you seeing this, at least anecdotally?  Because I'm not...  I asked here a couple weeks ago, when the first awful appointments were being named, whether anyone here had encountered, IRL, any Trump supporters who at least showed regret for their choice.  I still haven't encountered any...

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

"Nebulous Russian threat"?  Yeesh, some people are willfully clueless, aren't they?  

This is one of the reasons I just can't relate to him.  I can't turn away from an opportunity to gain some information or learn something new.  It's just ingrained in me.  And if I was responsible for something, no matter how significant that something is (but certainly if that something was as important as leading a nation), there is no way I could turn away the chance to soak up every bit of information about it.  It's just incomprehensible to me to be the Pres-Elect and turn away vital information like intelligence briefings.  The level of arrogance required to say "I don't need those, I'm smart" is dumbfounding and dangerous.  

Yep. And it's one reason why I backed out of the discussion. Just more circular arguments and straw-manning. I'm glad that it doesn't happen here all that much.

Exactly. But I did hear something on the news (MSNBC) very recently that he went to four of the briefings. Want to take any guesses as to what those had to deal with? Word.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

Are you seeing this, at least anecdotally?  Because I'm not...  I asked here a couple weeks ago, when the first awful appointments were being named, whether anyone here had encountered, IRL, any Trump supporters who at least showed regret for their choice.  I still haven't encountered any...

I didn't mean average-joe supporters- but moreso the politicians and other big wigs around him. I do think they thought that he was someone they could rely on to further their agendas. But with each passing day, they are seeing that he cannot contain his erratic nature, and he is not a dependable person at all. I do think they felt immune to his negative traits.

Sort of like when someone gets into a relationship with someone who has treated all their prior partners very badly. The new person thinks that it will never be directed at them, because they are different, special, etc.. Then they come to find that its not the case. The person just treats everyone like crap.

• Love 7

For Gods sake why can't Republicans just say what they're SUPPOSED to say?? Be angry, be indignant, be outraged at ANY Russian interference in our election. Don't deny, don't deflect and most of all don't try to shift blame for anything you're responsible for you disgusting billionaire oligarchs.

• Love 18
Just now, Lunata said:

For Gods sake why can't Republicans just say what they're SUPPOSED to say?? Be angry, be indignant, be outraged at ANY Russian interference in our election. Don't deny, don't deflect and most of all don't try to shift blame for anything you're responsible for you disgusting billionaire oligarchs.

A lot of them just don't care.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I didn't mean average-joe supporters- but moreso the politicians and other big wigs around him. I do think they thought that he was someone they could rely on to further their agendas. But with each passing day, they are seeing that he cannot contain his erratic nature, and he is not a dependable person at all. I do think they felt immune to his negative traits.

Sort of like when someone gets into a relationship with someone who has treated all their prior partners very badly. The new person thinks that it will never be directed at them, because they are different, special, etc.. Then they come to find that its not the case. The person just treats everyone like crap.

Gotcha...  Yeah, we need to hope the more entrenched GOP'ers, beyond Graham, McCain, Paul, etc., start fearing Trump's instability, and frankly, overall unpopularity.  I know it's a fake talking point for Trump's team, but I have to believe the non-crazy GOP'ers can acknowledge to themselves at least that Trump was not handed some divine mandate.  I hope this is true anyway.

I expect nothing out of [totally inappropriate slang for female body part]s like McConnell & Paul Ryan.  It just makes me ill that the Party that wraps itself in the Red White & Blue is so fucking unpatriotic when push comes to shove.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

I expect nothing out of [totally inappropriate slang for female body part]s like McConnell & Paul Ryan.  It just makes me ill that the Party that wraps itself in the Red White & Blue is so fucking unpatriotic when push comes to shove.

I think Ryan loves every second of this, because it's a huge distraction from the fact that he's hellbent on decimating Social Security and Medicare.  

• Love 19

Tubby keeps saying that he won by one of the biggest landslides ever in the history of presidential elections. He also keeps saying 8 years as if it's a foregone conclusion that he will be a two term leader. Talk about delusions of grandeur! I guess if you keep repeating the lie........

• Love 14

It's one thing for an established political leader, such as a Secretary of State after 3  years, or a second term President to skip a day of briefings, or just read the highlights that day. It's another for a political newbie with no foreign knowledge, who can't even name the world leaders and religious sects to do so. He needs to hear repeated sessions of the same info along with new stuff to learn it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Corrected typos
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I think Ryan loves every second of this, because it's a huge distraction from the fact that he's hellbent on decimating Social Security and Medicare.  

Paul Ryan has to be one of the most despicable of any of the people that have their head halfway up Trump's colon. But just one month before the election Ryan made it clear that he would no longer provide proactive support for his party's presidential candidate. Then he said he would vote for the party's presidential nominee but not campaign for him, following Donald Trump's comments of lewd behavior toward women. The Speaker of the House is a man that absolutely can't be trusted and he is hellbent on raiding and raping Social Security and Medicare by calling it something different, 'reforming'. His solution for Medicare is to basically tear it apart and raid the medicare coffers. He will suggest a 'pay as you go' voucher to be given to every Medicare recipient. This is his TOP priority, Medicare reform. He wants to hand people a medicare 'voucher' for an undisclosed amount. They had been talking about a $1500 or $2000 voucher, but that might change. Do you know what you can do with a $2,000 voucher if you have cancer and receiving chemotherapy? Or how far that money will go when each of your prescriptions cost close to $500 for 30 days?

Paul Ryan, you can take your medicare vouchers and stick them right up your ass. If you want to mess with Medicare or Social Security, believe me, your Trump supporters are going to be down your throats fast.

• Love 20

re: the daily briefings. Ass wipe told FOX's Chris Wallace he doesn't need to be told the same thing over and over.

I guess that's because like he said, I've got a good brain.

This lunatic is going to make my head explode.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

No one other than the online friend I mentioned previously. I did have an encounter with someone I know (through friends) who voted for Trump. I asked if he had any regrets. He said no and we got into it. Anyway, I left that interaction by meeting the first person who truly believed now that Trump was POTUS he could grab me by the pussy then flashed his military ID to prevent getting kicked out of the bar, or charged with assault.

• Love 7

Can anyone get Tubby to stop lying about getting an "historic landslide"?  Ronald Reagan. That was a landslide.

A year and a half ago, I didn't hate Donald Trump.  He seemed like an ego-maniac and a jerk, but he could be entertaining and was relatively harmless. Now, he is unleashing a nightmare upon us and I'm not even sure all of these horrible industry-establishment billionaires and generals are his own idea.

His defense of Tillerson on FOX was kind of mind-boggling. "He's extremely rich, the head of the #1 multinational corporation in the world (actually #5), has made tons of money negotiating oil deals with government heads all over the world including a joint exploitation drilling for oil in the Artic with Russia, and has a great relationship with Putin--of course Americans want him to be Secretary of State just like I do!"

I guess all these "corporate bosses" will be given free rein to do whatever they want and have individual power bases. It's certainly not the recipe for team building. No one is going to want anyone else to be "higher".

This isn't what Lincoln meant with a "team of rivals".  This will be crony capitalism at the highest level, run amuck.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, stillshimpy said:

Trying to defeat a quote box:  There's simply no denying that we have had a history of geopolitical interference.  Having said that, it is also something from which we have hopefully learned, having paid HUGE prices for it.  Just fucking staggering prices in terms of loss of life of our own people and in other places like Iran, Iraq, and on and on that list goes.  That said, past policies and decisions made with an eye towards stabilizing the global stage (no matter how fucking spectacularly that eventually faceplanted for all concerned) is absolutely no reason to allow a sinister global power with a nefarious agenda that will harm the citizens of our country and potentially those across the globe to get away with it.  

Unlike the countries where we have interfered, and do not mistake me here, that is something I consider to have been a mistake almost universally, we are supposed to have an established and working democracy with a maintained, ethical system in place.   

Is it a bit hypocritical?  I don't think the sins of past administrations ought to determine the course of our current democracy.  We are allowed to improve, grow and learn from mistakes made by ourselves and others

Unfortunately we are not learning from our mistakes.  Obama did to Libya what Bush did to Iraq and Isis moved into Libya just like it did to Iraq.

We never learn.

I am scared that Trump is President with his hand so close to the  nuclear  button.  I am taking no joy in his win.  I feel like somebody has died.  My only hope is that he would see dropping the bomb as losing potential customers.  If I was Iran I would be sending over dignitaries to bribe him with Hotels they will build in his name.  Or just bribe him by giving to his foundation.

Those leaks that were released in the fall was, as a NPR commentator stated, confirmation of what we already knew.  The DNC was in the tank for Hillary - I already knew that.  Hillary kissed Wall Street's ass - I assumed she did that every morning with her cup of coffee.  So whoever was responsible for the leaks - whether it was Russia - was not what won the presidency for Trump - IMO.  Hillary had too many strikes against her.

What was more effective - IMO:

1.  Comey coming out within two weeks of the election about reopening the investigation into Hillary and her emails server - was the death knell.

2.  Hillary calling Trump supporters as deplorables.

3.  The polls during the summer that showed Hillary would have a hard time beating Trump.  The polls coming out before the leaks stating she would have a hard time.  Bernie was the better choice.

4.  Hillary not campaigning in the rust belt, despite Bill's pleas, as she knew  she didn't have anything to say to them.  What could she offer?

The list is endless.  The wikileaks were not the straw that broke the camel's back - Comey did. IMO. He sucked any momentum her campaign had.

And what will be the outcome of the investigation? She's not going to get the presidency.  We might end up with Pence?? We know he hates gays and loves guns.  What is his position on international affairs?  I am not sure we are any safer with his hands near the nuclear codes either.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

No one other than the online friend I mentioned previously. I did have an encounter with someone I know (through friends) who voted for Trump. I asked if he had any regrets. He said no and we got into it. Anyway, I left that interaction by meeting the first person who truly believed now that Trump was POTUS he could grab me by the pussy then flashed his military ID to prevent getting kicked out of the bar, or charged with assault.

Anyway to "unmeet" that asshole? Unbelievable! 

• Love 3

For those still shopping for Christmas, Tubby has not forgotten you. In email from him:

"It’s Day 5 of the 12 Days of Deals and we’ve got another great offer for you!  Today only, SAVE $7 on your Gold Trump Cap and cross someone off your Christmas shopping list with Promo Code: TREE.
Christmas is just around the corner, Friend.  Give them a gift they will always remember - and show you’re ready to Make America Great Again.
HIGH SELLOUT RISK. LIMITED STOCK. ACT NOW.
Grab the Official Make America Great Again Cap in gold before it’s gone.
Merry Christmas!"

And some people questioned whether Tubby knew the meaning of Christmas!  (FYI it's not actually "in gold". It's a white one, with raised gold letters of MAGA.  Cla$$y!)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Anyway to "unmeet" that asshole? Unbelievable! 

Thankfully I don't see him much. He's the roommate of one of the women I know who voted for Trump (because he'll outlaw abortion). I never felt threatened during the exchange; however, the thought did cross my mind to dare him to try which would have resulted in a bar fight. It also crossed my mind to go tell one of the bouncers that he did touch me inappropriately but I believe in karma.

• Love 2

Chris Hayes and Bernie Sanders are holding a Town Hall in Wisconsin tomorrow during Chris' show at 8 pm.

Chris explained on Friday that it'll be dems, republicans and independents. Voters and non-voters.

• Love 5

For Trump supporters who are so passionate and defensive of their 'god' Trump it will be a Pyrrhic victory in the end.

'A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.'

This is the ultimate "we won the battle, but lost the war" scenario. They'll see hundreds, maybe thousands of jobs kept in this country through bribery by throwing millions of dollars at fat-cat corporations just to make it look good to Trump supporters, give them a feeling of satisfaction. But when they go to buy some oranges at the supermarket, they're going to be $5 each. When they go to buy a new Nissan, it's going to cost 50k not 33k. When they see their wages frozen because Donald Trump doesn't think anyone deserves a minimum wage increase or they lose their Medicare, Social Security and life savings, they're going to slap themselves across the face for voting for this monster.

Both the United States and Russia have had a percentage of their respective nuclear weapons on hair-trigger alert, enabling them to be launched within minutes if an early warning system detected an attack. Given that it is highly unlikely that either country would launch a first strike against the other, it’s more likely that a technical glitch or human error would cause an accidental ICBM launch in response to a false warning. In fact, there have been a number of incidents of this kind in Russia and the United States over the last few decades that could have prompted a nuclear launch. It’s dumb luck that one of them didn’t start World War II. But now we'll have a dumb fuck with his finger on the nuclear button. So, surprise to all you Trumpers if he hits it. You won't even have time to kiss your own ass goodbye, just like a fly hitting the windshield of a car at 70 mph. You won't have time to beat your chest and cry "OMG, why!?" Will you still be complaining about Hillary's stupid emails or her speech to Goldman Sachs? Will you still want to 'LOCK HER UP!!' because Donna Brazile gave Hillary a question from a woman in the audience about the lead-filled water in Flint, Michigan? Everything is relative.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 8
On 12/1/2016 at 2:16 PM, callmebetty said:

And if that doesn't happen, what is she going to do? 

Go to church and pray about it, I guess? 

On 12/1/2016 at 2:36 PM, stillshimpy said:

Oh my god, the internalized misogyny in America could make Gaea weep. 

I just can't even.  The thing is, they don't care about what happens to those babies.   They just don't.  They want women to be punished for having sex.  

She wants a baby so, so badly she can't see the forest for the trees. Her [didn't want kids] husband left her for another woman, who has a kid. Her FB is full of rants about how she'll take any unwanted babies (but refuses to look in to fostering??). The dude I mentioned above is also anti-choice and thinks women need to be held accountable for their actions.
I literally just.can't.even.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Go to church and pray about it, I guess? 

She wants a baby so, so badly she can't see the forest for the trees. Her [didn't want kids] husband left her for another woman, who has a kid. Her FB is full of rants about how she'll take any unwanted babies (but refuses to look in to fostering??). The dude I mentioned above is also anti-choice and thinks women need to be held accountable for their actions.
I literally just.can't.even.

Me neither. They want people to have children but when it comes to supporting them, nope. It makes no sense. As for the dude, guys need to be held accountable to for theirs along side their dicks. Just sayin. It takes two to tango, so to speak. Respect women's right to choose (this going out to not just men but others as well). If you don't want or don't believe in abortion, fine. Just don't go shoving your views onto others. This goes out to Pence and his ilk as well.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, callmebetty said:

Updated the description for you..

I can't be the only one who, during SNL last night, when they had that "world through Trump's eyes" skit, when he walked out towards the candlelit staircase, was expecting it to be Ivanka standing there?  (It ended up he was drifting lovingly towards himself, which was just as good, but I seriously thought they might go there).  

1 hour ago, callmebetty said:

While everyone is focusing on President elect , I still got my eye on that fucker.

I'm following him around the room with my cheese plate and glass of wine and if he slips out a side door I'm going to be right behind him like I'm one of the fucking Scooby-Doo gang.

Ditto.  And I remind him of that fact often.  I'm kind of surprised he hasn't blocked me on Twitter yet.  He is that guy at the party who, if you take your eyes off of him for even a second, he'll have a pocket full of all of your valuables, the smarmy smile never once wavering from his punchable face.  I'm on SS Disability now, and when I think about my benefits almost being cut in half, it makes me sick.  It makes me even sicker when I contemplate my retired parents, the ones who planned out their retirement with a financial adviser and an understanding of how their SS incomes would be affected by retirement ages, etc, getting shafted by this asshole.  Meanwhile, Ryan's income will just continue to increase, at our expense.  He's who Hillary should have been slapping that "deplorable" label on (well, him and Mitch, they're both disgusting).  

30 minutes ago, Lunata said:

For Trump supporters who are so passionate and defensive of their 'god' Trump it will be a Pyrrhic victory in the end.

'A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.'

This is the ultimate "we won the battle, but lost the war" scenario. They'll see hundreds, maybe thousands of jobs kept in this country through bribery by throwing millions of dollars at fat-cat corporations just to make it look good to Trump supporters, give them a feeling of satisfaction. But when they go to buy some oranges at the supermarket, they're going to be $5 each. When they go to buy a new Nissan, it's going to cost 50k not 33k. When they see their wages frozen because Donald Trump doesn't think anyone deserves a minimum wage increase or they lose their Medicare, Social Security and life savings, they're going to slap themselves across the face for voting for this monster.

I just bought a new car this year, and I think that anyone who is nearing the "I should probably trade in for a new one" point should definitely consider getting on that before the Emperor's economy takes over.  

3 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Me neither. They want people to have children but when it comes to supporting them, nope. It makes no sense. As for the dude, then guys need to be held accountable to for theirs along side their dicks. Just sayin. It takes two to tango, so to speak. Respect woman their right to choose (this going out to not just men but others as well). If you don't want or don't believe in abortion, fine. Just don't go shoving your views onto others. This goes out to Pence and his ilk as well.

This reminds me of the rage embolism I had when Rush went on about how birth control being covered by insurance is the same as taxpayers paying women to have sex (and, grossly, claiming it gives him the right to watch them fuck).  Oddly, he has no such argument about Viagra being covered by insurance.  Women aren't supposed to want or enjoy sex, and it is only to be considered, for them, as a means to meet God's will for them to procreate, but men are encouraged to find ways to artificially extend their sex lives past "God's will."  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

Unfortunately, I know a woman who holds views similar to Pence's "just adopt!" line. *But,* she has a clear nostalgia for the pre-1970s Good Old Days when (mostly unmarried) women gave up their babies for adoption so that there were lots of babies to adopt -  older children of varying ages don't seem to exist for her.  (She really wants a grandbaby specifically, and her daughter is struggling with painful fertility issues.)  She holds progressives responsible for legalizing abortion, which of course ignores the illegal abortions occurring pre Roe v. Wade. It allows her to be angry and in pain though, and that way she doesn't have to think about how lots of those 1950s-1970s adoptions weren't freely chosen by the mothers and caused no end of devastation, and the fact that hey, unmarried women get to keep their babies.  It's a weird way to turn children into possessions.

Is this something that I think Trump cares about? Maybe not, but the people around him do.

Edited by moonb
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Also, I can't remember if I posted it or not but Dow Chemical is building a plant in Michigan. I don't think it will be very big, but the guy said it was because of Trump being elected that it is going through. And I think I just saw a blip where Trump is changing the tax brackets from 7 to 3. Good times. Here is what was put out during the election, I think it is still the plan: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/tax-plan

To paraphrase Paul Harvey, now let's learn the rest of the story. From the Detroit News

Before Liveris came on stage, the president-elect said he’s appointing the Australian-born Dow CEO to chair his American Manufacturing Council.

I'm sure it it was just a coincidence the CEO of Dow was named to a government position just before he announced potential new jobs. And the key word is potential.

Liveris did not say how the Michigan expansion plans would fit with Dow’s ongoing multibillion-dollar merger with rival Delaware-based DuPont. He made the announcement almost six months after Dow Chemical announced in late June it would cut 700 jobs from its Midland workforce of roughly 6,400 people as part of its drive to cut costs globally following its acquisition of Dow Corning Corp.

Of course not, there are still going to be massive job cuts, only they'll be buried.

The company’s news release did not say when it would break ground on the new research facility. Company spokesman Jarrod Erpelding said the firm is “in the very early stages of developing specific plans and time lines for the center.”

Translation: "There are no new jobs for the foreseeable future. We have to wait and see how much more we can loot from the American taxpayer what further incentives we can get. Maybe we'll threaten to move more jobs."

Trump's not even in office yet and his administration is already on track to be one of the most corrupt in the history of America.

5 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Dow is building a research facility in Michigan. Probably not many blue-collar jobs there. Isn't that his supposed job-creation base? 

Wonder how much those 100 jobs are going to cost the taxpayers with what I'm sure will be tax breaks and variances. Wonder when we'll hear the truth a la Carrier.

From the Detroit News story:

The new Dow facility’s research will center around the development of personal care products, energy-saving technologies and creating materials for the automotive and autonomous transportation industries, according to the company.

So, you're right, it's probably college-educated elitist scientists they'll be looking to hire, not so much assembly line workers.

If little Donnie Trump is so concerned about American manufacturing jobs, why doesn't he relocate the manufacturing of Trump-branded products and his daughter's products back to the US and give those jobs to good old American workers? (It's a redundant question.)

5 hours ago, stormy said:

Hey guess what? This whole "Russian thing"is President Obama's fault, says republican strategist Alice Stewart on CNN. Because now dumb ass trump says the email hacking was done by the Democratic party ,

She also says trump will be tougher on Russia then President Obama. Yeah cause people of your ilk insist President Obama is weak, an apologist and leads from behind.

You people are tiresome.

And, Stewart says no one cares how many more votes Hillary got.

Remember when Romney said back in 2012 that Russia was the "number one geopolitical foe" for America? I admit, I laughed too, because Russia was one of our allies or at least not an enemy. Remember how Republicans mocked Obama for stating in a hot-mic moment that once he was elected, he and Vlad could have a "reset"? Remember how Republicans just knew that Vlad was a bad guy (except for GW Bush, who looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul)? Funny how intelligence agencies saying Russia interfered with our election gets no more than a shrug from Republicans now. and Putin's OK, since Trump is so far in Vlad's pocket he can probably smell Putin's balls, and Tillerson has business deals up the wazoo with Vlad and the Russian mob oligarchy government. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

A lot of them just don't care.

Until Putin comes for them.  I think that is what I don't understand.  McCain gets it.  Putin is not going away unless it is a prison or a bullet in the head.  He is a strongman tyrant.  Right now supporting a minority in taking rule in the US serves Putin well.  But at some point even people like Ryan and Pence are going to realize that the short term gains Putin has handed them are going expire and eventually lead to conflict with a world view in which a still rather impoverished Russian nation with only one key element in its economy (fossil fuels) and a strong dose of nationalism that needs to have strong perception of threat to survive is going to look at the powers that be in the upcoming administration and see the resulting chaos of taking it down is even more beneficial and long lasting than the discord it has helped foster if not create outright. 

In the end, this is the conservative aspect of our society that is in the driver's seat come January.  The segment of society that still believes in good and evil in the world and the US always being the good.  They don't realize what a lickspittle they have with their elected buffoon.  They will though.  Putin is already having his own way.  He and China both have shown their discontent with the US being strong and able enough to lead alliances that still overall try to promote the best for the most people.  The soon to be Chief of Groping shows that unless he sees it affecting him personally, he will deny it or not care.  He will grovel for any vague courtesy that Putin cares to throw his way because as long as he is "admired" and told how wonderful he is, he won't care that Putin does every to actually effect a long term disintegration of the US as a world power.  He is willing to carry Putin's balls despite all evidence that the man is not a friend of the US or really anyone else who does not serve Russia's tyrant.  He wants to push the Chinese away because he seems to have a distorted notion that he can escalate some kind of divide that makes his own personal debts to the various concerns in China up and go away with him having to pay. 

And in the end, Putin has already shown how he has been able to meddle in US affairs.  Is he going to keep marginalizing the progressives as the Rancid Yam seems to think and therefore tries to smirk his way around the facts like he did the whole election?  No.  In four years time at best he will look at who has the power and go after them to further split the nation and cause chaos in the US.  If he waits four years.  He could just wait until 2018 and then unleash whatever he has on Republicans via hacks and push the nation even further into a divide.  If Putin is smart, and he is definitely cunning and has in his power plenty who are likely smart enough, he waits until Republicans get a Supreme court they want.  Maybe even a six judge extreme conservative bench considering the age of a couple progressives.  Have the law ruling body in a conservative and minority lock.  Certain states are already in such a lock.  Then unleash a couple of bombshells.  Heck even just files showing they screwed the general election with this bloated sack of bile and watch the nation descend into something that makes the current malaise look like a picnic. 

By claiming to "know" the Turd in a Truss is playing right into Putin's hands.  Because even if he wasn't openly complicit all they have to do is play his own words and tweets and statements to the press and then let it drop that Russian Hackers were responsible for everything pretty much everyone but deniers and Rancid Yam for his own self-interest say they have been.  It might not convince the all or nothing supporters but imagine what it might spark among those already feeling angry and threatened by this Thing and his cronies after having to sit and watch them in action in a couple of years. 

And oh how people like Ryan will whine and snivel and bitch about the matter. 

So you're right in that they don't care.  The scary thing is that I think they will because only if they are on the receiving end themselves will it matter.  And the thing is, it will still affect us all negatively. 

In not seeing it for what it is and only looking at it in terms of self interesting, the Bloated Fool is whoring an entire nation and its principles out to Putin.  And again that is one of the most scary things about this Fool being in office.  Whatever damage he and Extreme Conservative Clown Posse do domestically, can hopefully be undone in generations to come.  But what he seems to be more than willing to not just let Putin do to keep and expand his personal power is something that has an impact on the world in ways that we can possibly never redress or only do so with greater conflict than we have see in generations.  Putin has shown again and again he wants a destabilized world.  He wants a return to Soviet level influence and Soviet level geographical control.  And he knows, and President Obama knew, that means a reduced US in as many ways possible.  And the Empty Cheez Doodle does nothing but show he will do whatever it takes to make Putin happy. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Oh I think that most of them get it. They're in it for their own interests. Figure that they can use him to get their way.

After all, these are people who are willing to put their own short term interests above climate change. They obviously don't think about long-term interests in a realistic way and just hope for the best.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

After all, these are people who are willing to put their own short term interests above climate change. They obviously don't think about long-term interests in a realistic way and just hope for the best.

Yep they only care about themselves, so I disagree about long-term interests in part. If it suits them in the long-term, then they care. But if it doesn't then they don't think or give a damn about it.

• Love 5

Great, Rick Perry is apparently the top choice to head the Department of Energy.  Man, we are so boned if Trump actually gets sworn in.

The good news is that Marco Rubio is blasting Trump's choice for Secretary of State for his ties to Russia, so Rubio is a GOP Senator that is coming out against Trump's picks.  More and more are coming out against the man Russia wanted, so that increases the possibility of them putting a stop to this.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I still can't believe how he disparaged the quality of football played in the Army/Navy game.  What an asshole.  I wonder what these young people think of their future commander in chief.

I've been thinking about how he as president will deal with some tragic event at which in the past we've required the POTUS to be mourner in chief.  How would he handle a church shooting?  Or a Sandy Hook?  He'd probably blame the kids for not evading the bullets.  If I lost a family member in a mass shooting, having Donald Trump appear would infinitely increase the pain. 

I find very chilling their attempt to create some kind of hit list of federal employees who have worked on matters they oppose.  Someone needs to explain to these morons the difference between a political appointee and a career civil servant.  The courts are going to be busy as they are sued time after time.  Are they going after HHS employees who worked on the implementation of the Affordable Care Act?  Go after lawyers at Justice who worked on voting rights cases? 

What did he say to the kids that were attacked in Ohio ? Did he make them sign NDA before meeting with them? I'm sure he makes it all about himself . 

• Love 7

Hey, anyone sitting around on a Sunday night thinking, "Gee, I'd really like to shit my pants right about now?" You're in luck! 

China flies nuclear bomber over South China Sea to 'send a message' to Donald Trump, US officials say flight is in response to President-elect’s phone call with Taiwan's leader.

The Xian H-6 bomber flew along the disputed 'nine-dash line' around the South China Sea on Thursday, US officials told Fox News, passing over a number of disputed islands. The officials said it was designed to send a message to the incoming administration.

The Pentagon found out about the flight on Friday and officials said it was the first long-range flight along the demarcation line in more than 18 months – though this sortie extended further than previous ones.

Hey, anyone sitting around on a Sunday night thinking, "Gee, I'd really like to shit my pants right about now?" You're in luck!

Oh man, a good, "it's been a pleasure serving with you all" speech seems in order right about now, but all I can think of is, um, Tequila shots and one-hitters at my place, you're all invited, 'cause smoke 'em if you got 'em at this point, you know? 

• Love 15