Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

And Hoda and her annoying phone calls are ridiculous! Just stay home and stop calling in with anecdotes every other minute ! She just can’t handle not being the center of the show !

Hoda thinks she's the popular girl at a junior high party. Time to grow up bitch.

She will be 72 years old when this child graduates from high school. Ha, good luck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Savannah has a vocal fry that sort of comes and goes. Craig has a constant vocal fry. When did this become a thing? So incredibly annoying and hard to understand why it is acceptable in broadcasting. Trying to think back over the years to other broadcasters who may have had the same "affliction" but so far no one comes to mind.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Hoda thinks she's the popular girl at a junior high party. Time to grow up bitch.

She will be 72 years old when this child graduates from high school. Ha, good luck.

Holy crap. My mom with be 72 when MY daughter graduates from high school in 2 years.  Hoda is def a grandma age!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Savannah has a vocal fry that sort of comes and goes. Craig has a constant vocal fry. When did this become a thing? So incredibly annoying and hard to understand why it is acceptable in broadcasting. Trying to think back over the years to other broadcasters who may have had the same "affliction" but so far no one comes to mind.

Savannah's and Craig's voices have turned me off of watching the show.  I usually tune in for about 10 minutes, and then I can't take it anymore. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Hoda posted a video of her , Joel and Hailey frolicking in the park !  Hoda is running  around hiding behind a tree ! This is something every mom who has a baby under a month old can do with her 2 year old and husband or boyfriend !  We all have that energy after waking up  all night  and the ability to leave the baby home without us !   

Whenever she pretends to be just like us, it annoys me ! It’s obvious she has a staff to help her and she doesn’t have to worry about not sleeping , unless she wants to wake up and feed the baby ! 

Edited by orangekit
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

OMG Savannah is another dumbass ! She may have a law degree, but she’s just stupid and has no logic !

They we’re talking about how someone doesn’t      have a sense of smell, Savannah says that she thinks it may affect your ability to taste ,  Jenna   said that they are two separate senses ! So Savanna , says she’ll “google it”!!! Then s producer had to tell them you can’t taste if you can’t smell ! OMG!

A teacher and a lawyer have never had stuffy nose and cold and noticed that their sense is taste is affected ??? 

The women on Today must all have to have a low IQ requirement to be hired ! 

• LOL 5

It’s funny that during the first week Hoda and Jenna cohosted, the opinion was that Jenna was the smart, mature one.  Now, working with Meredith and Savannah, it’s not the case anymore.  How many times did Savannah have to explain why she originally thought of Jenna as a work friend?  Jenna is coming off as immature and definitely insecure.  

• LOL 1

Last week Diane Keaton wasn’t on according to Jenna, it was “Diane Keadon” ! Ugh! Why can she not pronounce the letter “t”?

Yes! And Bobby Thomas can’t say “t” either. “Button” is “buh’en”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

It’s funny that during the first week Hoda and Jenna cohosted, the opinion was that Jenna was the smart, mature one.  Now, working with Meredith and Savannah, it’s not the case anymore.  How many times did Savannah have to explain why she originally thought of Jenna as a work friend?  Jenna is coming off as immature and definitely insecure.  

I don’t think people thought she was smart or mature , she just is more real and less attention seeking than Hoda . But, Jenna needs someone smart to balance off her lack of intelligence! She seems like a nice real person, but she’s so dumb it’s irritating now that she’s on all the time ! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I am late to the game on much of this as I am only home during the day once a week (just recently).  And I was coming here to say the days that Meredith was on with Jenna, all I could think was, how boring can Meredith be?  I mean, I know they all talk about themselves, but I felt like she just kept sharing all of this boring stuff, and there was no chemistry between the two hosts at all.

Today, on another note, there was the health segment, and you are really going to tell me Savannah has never had her cholesterol or sugar checked, and she doesn't know her bmi, which is a simple calculation found everywhere?  What kind of doctor does she go to that doesn't do any of this stuff?  Plus we all know she doesn't need to be scared of her bmi, for goodness sake.  She is perfectly think.  Ugh.

• LOL 1

For those of you keeping track, Maria Shriver visited Hoda, Haley and Hope yesterday, as announced by People magazine😜

Somewhere in tiny print, they probably mentioned William and Kate visiting Baby Archie🍼.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

For those of you keeping track, Maria Shriver visited Hoda, Haley and Hope yesterday, as announced by People magazine😜

Somewhere in tiny print, they probably mentioned William and Kate visiting Baby Archie🍼.

And for every visit there is Hoda with her giant , toothy smile front end center, as if she must document every visit !

• Love 5
On 5/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, ByaNose said:

Jenna and Savannah are talking about the deaths of her grandmother, Peggy Lipson and Doris Day and then Jenna says, "in other good news, Hoda's on the phone."  Umm.  What's wrong with this picture?

I'll have to give Jenna a pass on this one because I took it as "in other, good news....", like ok lets talk about something happy now.  Her resting cry face is what really bothers me!

On 5/15/2019 at 11:41 AM, alexa said:

but I felt like she just kept sharing all of this boring stuff, and there was no chemistry between the two hosts at all.

It came across to me like Jenna and Meredith truly dislike each other.  It was uncomfortable to watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I'll have to give Jenna a pass on this one because I took it as "in other, good news....", like ok lets talk about something happy now.  Her resting cry face is what really bothers me!

It came across to me like Jenna and Meredith truly dislike each other.  It was uncomfortable to watch.

Jenna is the nerdy, insecure freshman who is trying too hard.  Meredith is the cool senior who would probably rather be sneaking a smoke in the girls' room than listening to her.

8 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Savannah really seems hung up on her age. I’m tired of hearing her bicker with Jenna on the 4th hour this week. They seem more like frenemies than friends. 

It comes off as bickering when you are constantly interrupting and being interrupted.  Jenna says things that she thinks are funny and are quite snarky.  She probably would say she's just teasing a friend.  Now, if Meredith were co-hosting, she would be the one being snarky.  And for some strange reason, I prefer Meredith's attitude over Jenna's:/

• Love 3
5 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

To be fair, it’s better than “WHAAAAT?!??” which annoyed me to no end. 

I almost forgot about WHAAAAT??!?. That annoyed me, too. It was funny the first 100 times. After that, no so much. This current season has been a disaster. I think Hoda & Jenna hosted for 2 weeks before Hoda left. Whenever Hoda returns Jenna will then leave for 3 or 4 months. There isn't any structure to the show and you won't get any true sense of them Hoda & Jenna until next year. Also, Jenna is horrible. She isn't strong enough to be the lead which she is supposed to be since Hoda is gone. It's been a unmitigated disaster

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I almost forgot about WHAAAAT??!?. That annoyed me, too. It was funny the first 100 times. After that, no so much. This current season has been a disaster. I think Hoda & Jenna hosted for 2 weeks before Hoda left. Whenever Hoda returns Jenna will then leave for 3 or 4 months. There isn't any structure to the show and you won't get any true sense of them Hoda & Jenna until next year. Also, Jenna is horrible. She isn't strong enough to be the lead which she is supposed to be since Hoda is gone. It's been a unmitigated disaster

OMG!!  That's so funny - I was thinking the same thing about the structure.  They are all over the place.  Not just the 4th hour, but the 3rd hour as well, and I used to love watching both hours.

I could be wrong about who knew what and when, but I think Hoda and Jenna just kind of threw their news at the producers, and they are scrambling.  They are trying to find people to fill in, they've probably had to scrap stuff they were planning and re-think this upcoming year.  Jenna is how old and felt she had to hide her pregnancy - hello, you are an adult who just signed on to a new position and your bosses deserved to be told sooner.  And did Hoda just spring the adoption on everyone when she had months to tell people?  I'm not saying everyone at Rockefeller Center needed to know, but it could have been handled differently.

There are too many new segments.  It's not Steals and Deals anymore, but Deals We Love.  There is the Daly Download which Carson has only done once.  The 3rd hour is constantly announcing the start of a new segment with a new title.  The cooking ones are fine (Make Ahead Monday and Superfood Friday) cause they have consistently done those.  The others are part of a new segment which you never hear about again.

It seems that there was a lot of turnover in a short time, and producers just started throwing people and ideas all over, and maybe they are seeing what will stick.  In the meantime, I guess I will just keep watching segments that interest me on the Today app.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm just gonna say it.  I miss Matt and the show just hasn't been as good without him.

Obviously what matt did was gross and worthy of his firing, but yes I miss the old crew. This one Is boring. They are mostly 40ish (average age minus Al) and parents of toddlers. I’m the same age as them and already have kids in High school so I can’t relate to a 40-something year old taking about their toddlers’ issues. Been there done that years ago. There is just no diversity in this group in that they are all just rich parents of little kids talking about pregnancies and preschool. Boring. 

• Love 8
(edited)
51 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Obviously what matt did was gross and worthy of his firing, but yes I miss the old crew. This one Is boring. They are mostly 40ish (average age minus Al) and parents of toddlers. I’m the same age as them and already have kids in High school so I can’t relate to a 40-something year old taking about their toddlers’ issues. Been there done that years ago. There is just no diversity in this group in that they are all just rich parents of little kids talking about pregnancies and preschool. Boring. 

It never occurred to me about the anchors being older but with younger kids. That’s so true. In general, most people with kids (say under 7) are much younger but all of them are a lot older. I was wondering why I was out of their demographic. I’m 55 but I already went through this stuff with Matt, Katie & Meredith years ago. It also could have to do with the fact that Jenna is a total moron. That’s just a guess though. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I’m on Team Meredith because she has paid her dues professionally.  She has been a working journalist for many years. I so resent Jenna’s placement on the top network program with no experience or qualifications. 

• Love 6

I think Jenna is sweet and is trying really, really hard to carry the show without Hoda, but she just doesn't have a strong enough presence to do it.  Even when they finally do get back together I'm not sure they'll develop the chemistry needed to be cohosts who are fun to watch.  The babies and tag team hosting for the next few months probably are making the producers tear their hair out, they can't get the show settled into some solid footing.  It does seem all over the place right now.

• Love 6

I thought Jenna was a good choice, and I like her, but, she does need a strong co-host to make it all look as relatively seamless as it did with KLG and Hoda.   Also, I read that they got Joanne LaMarca back as EP for the third and fourth hours.  I wonder why she left and came back.  I wonder if it had anything to do with KLG.  I mainly watch a few minutes in the beginning, and then on Thursdays FF to Fashion Makeover.  Enough.

• Love 2

What the heck has happened to this show during the last hour? The today show has been a respected (for the most part) morning show for decades and decades. The last hour reminds me of low budget, low production value local program.  I think the local colleges could probably put on a more professional looking show. It’s seriously so stupid at this point. Donnadorable always seems to be trying too hard and Gavin seems like he’s over his head. It’s almost embarrassing.

• Love 3

I did turn this show on this morning. What is up with Sheneille having a full on meltdown, when she realized she took a sip from Dylan's mug by mistake? I guess she is a total germaphobe, but they showed a tape of her behavior and she looked like a diva. Ridiculous. Dylan said she saw Sheneille later that day and she was still having a fit about it. I would not expect an adult, professional person to put on that kind of childish display. It's not like Dylan has some dreaded disease. Dylan said it made her feel terrible. Insanity.

9 hours ago, Pickles said:

I did turn this show on this morning. What is up with Sheneille having a full on meltdown, when she realized she took a sip from Dylan's mug by mistake? I guess she is a total germaphobe, but they showed a tape of her behavior and she looked like a diva. Ridiculous. Dylan said she saw Sheneille later that day and she was still having a fit about it. I would not expect an adult, professional person to put on that kind of childish display. It's not like Dylan has some dreaded disease. Dylan said it made her feel terrible. Insanity.

Did they take the clip down?  Cause you see a graphic underneath mentioning what happened, but then they don't show it.  On IG, Sheinelle said her and Dylan are just like siblings, but someone else responded she hurt Dylan's feelings.

That's kind of the problem.  Sheinelle and Dylan, Savannah and Jenna - everyone is friends outside the show which is great.  But you really have to watch how you are at work - what you say, how you say it, how you react.  It can turn very unprofessional very quickly.

• Love 1

I have enjoyed Natalie Morales Co-hosting with Jenna this week.  I wish they would bring Natalie back from L.A. and put her back on either the 3rd Hour or 4th Hour. Natalie is very good at interviewing, has an ease & charm on-camera.  Jenna is sweet but she seems like she is floundering and needs a strong Co-Host.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did they take the clip down?  Cause you see a graphic underneath mentioning what happened, but then they don't show it.  On IG, Sheinelle said her and Dylan are just like siblings, but someone else responded she hurt Dylan's feelings.

That's kind of the problem.  Sheinelle and Dylan, Savannah and Jenna - everyone is friends outside the show which is great.  But you really have to watch how you are at work - what you say, how you say it, how you react.  It can turn very unprofessional very quickly.

They showed the clip on the show. Sheneille was flouncing around,waving her arms, etc. Really appeared to be having a tantrum. Some producer person with a headset on was hovering around. She was really being dramatic. She definitely hurt Dylan’s feelings.

I always liked Sheinelle but no more. She's a diva behind the scenes apparently. I'm a germaphobe but would never make a scene like that with a friend/co-worker.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, rcc said:

I always liked Sheinelle but no more. She's a diva behind the scenes apparently. I'm a germaphobe but would never make a scene like that with a friend/co-worker.

She wasn't there today and the interaction between Craig, Dylan and Willie was so nice.  Craig is such a sweetheart - he stopped in the middle of taking them to commercial to look at Dylan and compliment the new lip color she had just put on.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She wasn't there today and the interaction between Craig, Dylan and Willie was so nice.  Craig is such a sweetheart - he stopped in the middle of taking them to commercial to look at Dylan and compliment the new lip color she had just put on.

I agree. I wouldn’t mind this group permanently. And also nixing the last useless hour. 

• Love 1

So is Savannah tone deaf? After Natalie’s segment on Lisa Kudrow & her body issues, at the end Savannah pipes in that Lisa “BTW looked perfect, & thin!”. Wasn’t the point of the whole segment that women should not put the pressure on themselves to be thin & judged by their bodies?

• Love 8

Jenna was talking about possibly being late cause she attended her daughter's tap recital.  It was for Mila, the oldest.  Natalie says she is so cute, what is she, 4?  And Jenna said, yes she's 4.  Um, isn't she like 6?

I admit, I had to leave so I didn't catch the whole segment.  Did Jenna correct herself?  Did I misunderstand the conversation?

56 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Craig is interviewing Harrison Ford right now.  Harrison seems drunk.

Harrison isn’t the most charismatic person to interview. That’s for sure! I felt bad for Craig. 

They are trying really hard to humanize their hosts. Between the sibling surprise visits last month to visiting their hometowns this month what’s next? 

4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Harrison isn’t the most charismatic person to interview. That’s for sure! I felt bad for Craig. 

They are trying really hard to humanize their hosts. Between the sibling surprise visits last month to visiting their hometowns this month what’s next? 

Some of those segments are nice.  It's just hard to deal with Dylan sometimes.  I like her, but even her own mother has told her she is too nostalgic and needs to build memories with her immediate family.

Harrison Ford is like a lot of other celebrities.  They've reached this "been there, done that" mentality.  It's just another interview to them regardless that it is for a new project.  They come off bored or dumb or both.

• Love 3

When is Hoda returning? Jenna is getting dumber & dumber by the day. The other day they had a spelling quiz and she couldn't spell either. She is beyond dumb and she was a teacher. Good lord! I want Hoda to return so I can see someone less dumb (not by much) before Jenna goes on her maternity leave. Then we can hear what a great mother Jenna is in raising 3 kids because no one has ever done that before. <sarcasm>

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 5/22/2019 at 10:45 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I have enjoyed Natalie Morales Co-hosting with Jenna this week.  I wish they would bring Natalie back from L.A. and put her back on either the 3rd Hour or 4th Hour. Natalie is very good at interviewing, has an ease & charm on-camera.  Jenna is sweet but she seems like she is floundering and needs a strong Co-Host.

Agree 100%. Natalie is a real asset to the team.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, seasons said:

Agree 100%. Natalie is a real asset to the team. Didn't they move her to LA for that Access show? They moved her off of that for whatever reason. She can do news, current events, celebrities, etc. Very versatile as opposed to some others.

not a fan at all of the drama queen as mentioned above. Not sure what her contribution is exactly.

Edited by seasons
Sorry, quoted myself somehow.
On 5/25/2019 at 11:29 PM, seasons said:

Yeah, somehow Natalie got switched in the Billy Bush deal. She took his jobs in LA & he was supposed to headline the 3rd hour with Al & Tamron Hall. Apparently, Al & he didn’t get along and we all know how the Trump thing went with the Access Hollywood tape. Billy was a canned a few days later while Natalie remained in Hollywood. Now, Natalie got mysteriously canned from both Access Hollywood Live and Access Hollywood. She’s supposed to cover the west coast stuff for Today now. Basically, it’s part time since they’re isn’t that much to cover unless it’s award season. I do wonder if she wants to come back to New York full time. She’s got a beautiful home in California and her family seems happy with the casual lifestyle. 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2019 at 6:44 AM, OpalNightstream said:

Well, this morning they talked about their favorite childhood objects:/

Natalie and Jenna were talking about the nice things that their husbands do for them.  Natalie said her husband will make coffee for her on the weekends.  Jenna talked about her parents, her grandparents and then eventually, she got to her husband.  Would it have been bad to talk about him first for once.

• LOL 1

What was with Al saying that blue collar workers didn't get burned out in the good old days?  I'm sure Al's dad did get burnout, even if he didn't complain about it or Al didn't realize since he was a kid.  Viewing the so-called good old days through nostalgia tinted rose colored glasses is a pet peeve.

23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Apparently, Al & he didn’t get along and we all know how the Trump thing went with the Access Hollywood tape.

The staff were upset about the Access Hollywood tape and I would be surprised if they liked Billy Bush before that.  The staff didn't like Megyn either, but it took two years to fire her.  Megyn was probably making more than half of what Bush was, so.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

What was with Al saying that blue collar workers didn't get burned out in the good old days?  I'm sure Al's dad did get burnout, even if he didn't complain about it or Al didn't realize since he was a kid.  Viewing the so-called good old days through nostalgia tinted rose colored glasses is a pet peeve.

The staff were upset about the Access Hollywood tape and I would be surprised if they liked Billy Bush before that.  The staff didn't like Megyn either, but it took two years to fire her.  Megyn was probably making more than half of what Bush was, so.

and, oddly enough his cousin Jenna still works there and she's horrible.

• Love 3
(edited)

I like Carson. Seems like a good guy. Grateful for his success. Did well during 4th hour with Jenna today. Another versatile team member like Natalie.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 7