Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

I'm no Julia Child myself, but I do recognize basic cooking utensils.  Megan and Savannah act like they've never seen them before.  If you're that clueless about basic cooking then it's better to just not have chefs on the show, or have someone else do the cooking segment, like Al or Carson.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I'm no Julia Child myself, but I do recognize basic cooking utensils.  Megan and Savannah act like they've never seen them before.  If you're that clueless about basic cooking then it's better to just not have chefs on the show, or have someone else do the cooking segment, like Al or Carson.   

Oh, BS, Meghan & Savannah! Didn’t most people take cooking in school or help their moms (back when it was still fun!)?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Oh, BS, Meghan & Savannah! Didn’t most people take cooking in school or help their moms (back when it was still fun!)?

I was in high school in the mid-late 70s, most of my courses were college prep courses. During that same period my mom was in college and my dad traveled a lot. Microwave ovens were becoming common, so it was prepackaged for us. I don’t watch Megan’s show. However, I think whenever Savannah does a cooking segment it’s mostly for fun. Not all viewers are homemakers, and some of us can relate to lacking certain skills.

ETA: I’m not proud that I have to get out a cookbook when I want to boil eggs, or my house is a perpetual mess. I celebrate the fact that women can choose their paths, and excel whether it’s in the home or the workplace....or both!

Edited by Katy-lied
Clarify
  • Love 2

My opinion is that if KLG goes solo in the 4th hour with guest hosts, it’s because Hoda took over In the 1st hour, which was not foreseen, & it may be wearing her down doing both 1st & 4th hours, & she may want to spend more time with the baby also. I doubt there’s a feud.

• Love 5
On 3/17/2018 at 10:21 AM, Cyranetta said:

Such a credible website. Mostly clickbait bogus nonsensical links.  And they didn't spell Kathie correctly in the article.

I guess the Russian Troll farms/bots needed a diversion (the article, not the post)

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1

I think Kathie Lee was a bit jealous and resentful of the fact Hoda was promoted, she moved dressing rooms (she mentioned it constantly on the show),  she went to the Olympics, and she had the attention with her baby and her book.   

I don't know how accurate the badly written article is on Tv Over Mind. It sure seems as thought a lot of it made no sense at all.

However, I do not think Russian trolls are worried about Hoda and Kathie Lee, they have midterm elections to interfere with! I don't think a talk show is something that affects them.

• Love 5

I don't know if KLG is jealous, if she's anything she's probably perturbed her hour is most likely going to change soon.  I think it's just common sense that Hoda isn't going to do both the first two hours and the fourth hour of Today forever.

• Love 2
On 3/16/2018 at 6:20 AM, Ohwell said:

It seems to be a thing to fein ignorance in the kitchen.  ‘I am a career woman and don’t know of such things’ is a point of pride.  You see hosts do this all the time. Julie Chen does not and I love that about her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Wings said:

It seems to be a thing to fein ignorance in the kitchen.  ‘I am a career woman and don’t know of such things’ is a point of pride.  You see hosts do this all the time. Julie Chen does not and I love that about her. 

Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.  Even if you're not much of a cook, if you have a cooking segment, do a little research.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.  Even if you're not much of a cook, if you have a cooking segment, do a little research.

They went to college and probably lived off campus with roommates and then onto a job that didn't pay enough to eat out every night.  Surely they cooked something other than frozen dinners. 

• Love 3

Today's opening banter:

HODA: "Look at the snow coming down, we are really getting dumped on!"

KLG: Don't say "Dumped"!! (cackle, cackle)

Subject change to color of tennis balls, green or yellow:

KLG: "Well, balls cannot be green that means they would have an infection!" (cackle, cackle)

And another wino morning with a couple of second graders. What a way to make money.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Today's opening banter:

HODA: "Look at the snow coming down, we are really getting dumped on!"

KLG: Don't say "Dumped"!! (cackle, cackle)

Subject change to color of tennis balls, green or yellow:

KLG: "Well, balls cannot be green that means they would have an infection!" (cackle, cackle)

And another wino morning with a couple of second graders. What a way to make money.

Sorry I missed it.  I could have had my IQ elevated considerably!  Gawd.  The network has no respect for their audience (or maybe they know their audience all too well).

• Love 1

Going out on a limb here with a possibly unpopular opinion about the fourth hour, but I see absolutely nothing "adorable" about "Donna-dorable" and I find "Furface" far less than charming.  Stop trying to make fetch happen, Hoda and KLG.

• Love 6
On 3/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, Tanichka said:

And again if you never really learned to cook like I didn’t, it’s kinda fun to watch Savannah struggle through cooking segments. I actually learn more when she’s doing it, than when an experienced cook like Al is doing his thing. Over the past several generations women have been afforded with so many choices when it comes to family and careers. My mom is a great cook, however, when I was at an adolescent/teen she went to college and became career oriented. Except for Thanksgiving and Christmas, she didn’t cook and still doesn’t to this day although she’s retired and in her late 70s. I chose a career over having a family. My husband and I are now retired. We’re pretty simple when it comes to the kitchen. I think it’s wonderful when Today mixes up their cooking segments from simple to difficult. It shows that they’re aware that their viewers cross many segments.

• Love 2

Why was Kathie Lee saying that they were nominated for an Emmy?   I don't see Hoda and Kathie lee anywhere on the nominee list. Is she talking about the Today show in general?  It was just funny how she acted like their  particular show was nominated.  In reality,  the Today show is different on my DVR from Kathie lee and Hoda.  

So, really Hoda's portion seems to be nominated.    Meghan Kelly is nominated? Seriously?

I do think Kathie Lee is trying hard to recreate Live, but with her religious preaching, an corny segment twist.   She even has her "Gelmans" with fur face and Donnadorable.  BTW, does one of them have another show or podcast?   I can't figure out why anyone would care to watch or listen to either one of them.

• Love 1

Yes DorianGray! Every time they put Donnadorable on I say the exact same thing! Stop trying to make fetch happen! I don’t know why klg seems to have her own one woman Donna fan club. They can’t go a Day without shoving Donna and furface in our faces. What if he shaves? What will they call him then? 

And yes Hoda we know you have a baby who does baby things. 

• Love 2

Since I'm new here I have so much to rant about that I forgot to mention how Joy Bauer bugs. She's so obsessed with calorie counting.  She never mentions fat, sodium, or any other dietary concern. It's all calories all the time.  I remember mom obsessing about calories in the 1980s so to me it just seems very old fashioned, ignoring so many other factors in losing weight. Not to mention her substitutions rarely seem appetizing. I used to appreciate Matt calling her out of how a carrot was not an acceptable substitution for a cookie.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Since I'm new here I have so much to rant about that I forgot to mention how Joy Bauer bugs. She's so obsessed with calorie counting.  She never mentions fat, sodium, or any other dietary concern. It's all calories all the time.  I remember mom obsessing about calories in the 1980s so to me it just seems very old fashioned, ignoring so many other factors in losing weight. Not to mention her substitutions rarely seem appetizing. I used to appreciate Matt calling her out of how a carrot was not an acceptable substitution for a cookie.

Welcome!   I agree.  Her take on deviled eggs is to toss the yolk and fill the hole with hummus. Good god.  Eggs are fabulous and healthy protein.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
On 3/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

Remember when klg got so much flack when Cody & Cassidy were little & she talked about them all the time? Funny how Hoda is now doing the same thing.

KLG was disliked back then, though.  People might have liked Kathie Lee's chemistry with Regis, but I recall some folks thought she was a self-righteous a-hole who constantly bragged about her perfect children, perfect marriage and perfect life.  The backlash against KLG was built up over time.  I think for now, wouldn't be surprised if the audience will eventually get sick of Hoda talking about Hayley, Hoda is seen as a kind woman who is thankful for a child she never imagined coming into her life 10 years ago.

I'm still a little shocked that KLG made the comeback she did.  She was not well liked by the time she was fired from Live!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Wings said:

Welcome!   I agree.  Her take on a deviled eggs is to toss the yolk and fill the hole with hummus. Good god.  Eggs are fabulous and healthy protein.  

And I cannot stand how someone who looks like they never weighed over 60 pounds can tell me what to eat and how good it is.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

And I cannot stand how someone who looks like they never weighed over 60 pounds can tell me what to eat and how good it is.

She looks like a good wind could blow her away.  I'm all for healthy eating but she's much too thin to the point of being unhealthy-looking. 

• Love 6
On 3/23/2018 at 10:17 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

Remember when klg got so much flack when Cody & Cassidy were little & she talked about them all the time? Funny how Hoda is now doing the same thing.

I think it's because unlike Hoda, Kathie lee would preach , much worse than she does now.   She was also always talking about how perfect Frank was, he was the "love machine"  (blech),  She just seemed to act like she knew it all, and her children were  perfect - of course!  

Hoda isn't getting too much backlash because she seems more "normal". She has a messy purse, a messy house,   She posts pictures of her kid with a runny nose.  She doesn't act like she knows it all.   

But, at this point Hoda is irritating me too! 

First of all, I think she is not very bright. I am amazed she ever was a reporter.   Sometimes she has horrible grammar and just comes off stupid and silly.  

Beyond that, her baby stores are so so boring and annoying now. If that kid takes a dump, it's some deep event!  It's ffwd time when she brings up her baby!

And I have said it before, her annoying overdone smile, may times with her mouth open is just too much some times.

It feels weird being annoyed about someone's expression, but she just comes off not too bright,  overdone, and constantly babbling on and on about that baby.

Lately, I find both Kathie Lee and Hoda super annoying!  

• Love 12

I didn’t watch Kathie Lee back in the Regis days, I just knew her reputation was that she talked about her kids incessantly.

Anyone else think Hoda seems much more happy & comfortable when she reads a fluff piece vs “real” news? 

Also I know they are trying to keep KLG looking young, but the woman is 64 yrs old. The giant hoop earrings & black leather jacket look a little silly.

• Love 6

What is with John Cena cohosting all the time ? I don’t dislike hm , it’s just awkward having three hosts .

Is h going to be Kathie Lee’s host when Hoda finally gets tired of double duty ? I have a feeling she will be leaving show and John is the replacement .

4 hours ago, orangekit said:

What is with John Cena cohosting all the time ? I don’t dislike hm , it’s just awkward having three hosts .

Is h going to be Kathie Lee’s host when Hoda finally gets tired of double duty ? I have a feeling she will be leaving show and John is the replacement .

I'm neutral toward him.  I don't follow wrestling so this is my only exposure to him.  But I'm thinking maybe they'd use Donna dorable as a replacement as they are shoving her in our faces every.single.day. Either way I just want the "WHAT!?" to leave!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, orangekit said:

Icky yuck.  That would mean I would be done with Today at 9am.  John Cena = click.  I see no discernible entertainment value in him.

• Love 1

Another thing , WTF is with Hoda happily letting Kathie Lee slap her butt for the ridiculous Spanky Tuesday! It’s back !  

When I see Kathie Lee preaching or singing religious songs , and her other weird things , I now have sympathy for Gelman , and I am glad she was not able to turn Live into a the weird m we that Hoda and Kathie Lee is right now !

• Love 4

I think they should give up the 4th hour. Maybe it gets good ratings  but Hoda can’t do double duty forever & KLG is not a young chicken (despite how they dress her) & seems more interested in her musical/film projects.

• Love 8
(edited)

I notice that Hoda and Kathie Lee did not even mention Jesus Christ superstar which was a huge hit for NBC. I wonder if Kathie Lee would have been negative because she takes her bible literally and somehow now feels she’s some bible expert since she’s had a few retreats in Israel and wrote a book!  She couldn’t put it down on the air since she knows where her bread his buttered with NBC ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, goldenpuppy said:

I notice that Hoda and Kathie Lee did not even mention Jesus Christ superstar which was a huge hit for NBC. I wonder if Kathie Lee would have been negative because she takes her bible literally and somehow now feels she’s some bible expert since she’s had a few retreats in Israel and wrote a book!  She couldn’t put it down on the air since she knows where her bread his buttered with NBC ! 

Kathie lee would like everyone to believe she's this musical theater "artist", and hangs with the big  names, but down deep she is corny and close minded. Not everyone needs to like all musical theater, but the fact that they didn't mention Jesus Christ Superstar, when they mentioned every other poorly done live NBC musical in the past, was very telling.

Kathie lees sees herself as   a bible "expert", who just knows all that happened 2000 years ago would be horrified and break out in a rash if she had to even dare watch Jesus Christ Superstar!  Don't you know? She and all of her friends like Franklin Graham, who preaches hate and homophobia, know exactly what happened, and it's all with a blue eyed Jesus, who looks European and not at all Jewish, and he also has all white apostles!     JCSS may not be faithful to the bible that Kathie lee believes in, but it showed a human side to the characters, and the music is great IMO.    Kathie lee is so close minded she probably couldn't even watch it as theater!

Besides all of that,  is something wrong with Kathie lee's little nephew or is it a great nephew.  Hes' very cute, but is he like 4 years old sitting in a high chair?  And he barely talks and just looks like he has some problem.

Hoda didn't gush over Haley Joy too much, which was good.

WTF is John Cena doing showing up out of the blue ?  I am sick of his square head on the show.

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 7
(edited)

I think KLG’s nephew seems a little behind, imho. 

All the more reason to have a segment on World Autism day, which they ignored again! Smh. 

ETA: Meghan Kelly had something but I don’t watch her show or consider her show part of the Today show.

Edited by Mrsjumbo
Adding to my post
(edited)

Anyone else sick of hearing  the names “Donnadorble  and furface” every single day ?   Does Donna have a podcast at

or something ? And why does she have a podcast ? Who would care to listen to her ?

What happened to Bobbie Brown ?

I used to enjoy the show much more before it seemed like Kathie Lee put her religious spin on everything , Hoda had her baby and felt a need to tell us everything that the baby does , and act like everything is so deep! Also, Donnadorable , is not that adorable !  John Cena is irritating as a third cohost .  And then their stupid need to say “whaaaat” , repeatedly  is the worst ! 

Edited by goldenpuppy
  • Love 11
On 3/15/2018 at 7:43 AM, BusyOctober said:

I like Hoda.  She is more likable/tolerable than KL.  Hoda definitely comes off as more intelligent than Jenna Bush-Whatever, Chenille and even Tamron Hall.  The only thing that bugs me is the constant attention to Hoda's adoption story.  I'm an adoptive mom and I appreciate her journey to motherhood.  My family is so grateful for the process that brought my daughter into our lives 11 years ago.  But the Today Show staff act as if Hoda is the first woman to ever adopt/have a child for Godssake. I get that she is over 50, so becoming a parent later in life is fulfilling a dream she had and didn't think was possible.  Many congrats and blessings to you and your baby.  Now, please MOVE ON!  I feel like Hoda & Haley get extra attention from the co-hosts since Haley's arrival vs. Savannah's & Dylan's kids.  Not that I want their children brought up as much as Hoda's.  

That is one of the things I don't like about the Today show, the hosts live in their own little world where they think their lives are special and they are the first to do something. I find that the people that bring up their life so much are actually the most unhappiest people. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Cindy Lauper is looking ragged.  She is cute and can still be edgy with better hair and eyebrows.  When you age you really have to adjust these things.  That doesn't mean you are giving into an expectation or not allowing yourself to express thru clothes and makeup, not at all.  Ya just have to tweak some things.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I'm really enjoying Megyn.  Does she have her own thread?  TIA.

I usually watch the View when she is on.  I enjoyed her with the British etiquette woman today.  After going through the proper sitting positions Megan has to assume Megyn K leaned back in the chair, crossed her legs asked for a cocktail and said "this is the American way and added, apparently someone has convinced her (Megan) this matters (formal sitting).  Loved her for saying that to this royal nonsense.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Wings said:

I usually watch the View when she is on.  I enjoyed her with the British etiquette woman today.  After going through the proper sitting positions Megan has to assume Megyn K leaned back in the chair, crossed her legs asked for a cocktail and said "this is the American way and added, apparently someone has convinced her (Megan) this matters (formal sitting).  Loved her for saying that to this royal nonsense.  

I can't be the only person who does not care about this royal wedding. In this day and age, we got other things to worry about then a playboy prince and C-list actress. She is going to be in a royal prison, she should've married a businessman or a tech guy. They are the ones running the world. 

• Love 4

I find royal weddings interesting.  Can’t say I’m obsessed, though.  Yes, there are more important things, but it’s entertaining.  Not a bad life for her & she’s old enough to know what she’s getting into.

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, DorianGray said:

Going out on a limb here with a possibly unpopular opinion about the fourth hour, but I see absolutely nothing "adorable" about "Donna-dorable" and I find "Furface" far less than charming.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, goldenpuppy said:

Anyone else sick of hearing  the names “Donnadorble  and furface” every single day ? 

They seem like a waste of time. What exactly do they do?

• Love 5
(edited)

Gavin Furface Shulman is a lead producer for the show.  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3773879/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

https://www.instagram.com/geelastic/

I think they are trying to Gelman-ize him.  

Donna is basically playing the Sara Haines role from the Early Years of the Fourth Hour. She seems to be a Production Assistant.  Her Instagram cites she is the "Social Contributor".  Sara played that role back in the day, though it was mostly lurking in a corner cubicle, hyping things on the internet. Now Sara has racked up several seasons as a co-host on The View. I do think it's kinda fun that KLG teases Donna about stealing her job.

https://twitter.com/donnafarizan?lang=en

https://www.instagram.com/donnafarizan/

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

It  sure seems like Kathie Lee is trying to relive her Live days! She was queen bee until Frank did the flight attendant, and then she decided to leave the show.  I thinks he is trying to make the new producer into a Gelman type too.    Was the other woman named Bobbie Brown who was on for favorite things? Didn't she have fertility treatments to have baby?  What happened to her?

The Spanky Tuesday thing is just plain weird!   Kathie Lee has that weird look on her face and looks all excited to smack Hoda's ass! WTF?   Today Hoda gave someone a look like "oh brother, or 'can you believe this" before Kathie Lee started spanking her.

I think Holy Roller Kathie lee is a repressed odd ball, and she will now turn everything into a semi- perverted sex joke ! Odd!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, larsonb said:

It  sure seems like Kathie Lee is trying to relive her Live days! She was queen bee until Frank did the flight attendant, and then she decided to leave the show.  I thinks he is trying to make the new producer into a Gelman type too.    Was the other woman named Bobbie Brown who was on for favorite things? Didn't she have fertility treatments to have baby?  What happened to her?

The Spanky Tuesday thing is just plain weird!   Kathie Lee has that weird look on her face and looks all excited to smack Hoda's ass! WTF?   Today Hoda gave someone a look like "oh brother, or 'can you believe this" before Kathie Lee started spanking her.

I think Holy Roller Kathie lee is a repressed odd ball, and she will now turn everything into a semi- perverted sex joke ! Odd!

Kathie Lee is in her last leg, the 4th hour can do fine without her. It is really Hoda that is the glue to the show. I don't know how long Hoda is willing to do the 4th hour but in my opinion, there is not much labor in doing a puff show like Today from 7 to 11AM. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Carmen Sandiego said:

....there is not much labor in doing a puff show like Today from 7 to 11AM. 

Fourth Hour is so hyper-programmed, it can mostly run by itself.  The show has 8-10 regularly-scheduled segments every week.  Toss in some pre-taped 4-minute celebrity interviews.  Send the supporting cast (Donna, Jenna, Jill) to do some expanded pre-taped remotes. Book a mid-level celeb to be on-set from time to time. Add in 26 minutes of commercials. And done.  Doubling the Host Chat time reduced the need for content even more. (Even though the Host Chat is mostly lightning-round Teleprompter Reading).

I used to think that Hoda would move off Fourth Hour and KLG would be happy to move on to proselytizing and producing in her senior years.  But given the tremendous hubbub they made about 10 Years, it would seem odd to have them both move on a few months later. Or even next year.  Maybe KLG has decided to try to match her 15 Years with Regis by doing 15 Years with Hoda?  And Hoda probably still can't believe she makes $7M+ a year, with likely major raises year after year.

I suppose  the Big Question is what eventually happens to Megyn Kelly.  Fourth Hour seems very intent on having that studio audience.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Fourth Hour is so hyper-programmed, it can mostly run by itself.  The show has 8-10 regularly-scheduled segments every week.  Toss in some pre-taped 4-minute celebrity interviews.  Send the supporting cast (Donna, Jenna, Jill) to do some expanded pre-taped remotes. Book a mid-level celeb to be on-set from time to time. Add in 26 minutes of commercials. And done.  Doubling the Host Chat time reduced the need for content even more. (Even though the Host Chat is mostly lightning-round Teleprompter Reading).

I used to think that Hoda would move off Fourth Hour and KLG would be happy to move on to proselytizing and producing in her senior years.  But given the tremendous hubbub they made about 10 Years, it would seem odd to have them both move on a few months later. Or even next year.  Maybe KLG has decided to try to match her 15 Years with Regis by doing 15 Years with Hoda?  And Hoda probably still can't believe she makes $7M+ a year, with likely major raises year after year.

I suppose  the Big Question is what eventually happens to Megyn Kelly.  Fourth Hour seems very intent on having that studio audience.

They slowly have to get new people on the hour, I still think Hoda is more important then Kathie Lee for the program.  A possible Kathie Lee replacement would be Sheinelle Jones or they can pick up an outsider. There is a need for studio audience nowadays to bring more effect in the program. 

I read some gossip that Megyn Kelly is eyeing Lester Holt's job. I hope that is no true cause NBC needs Lester Holt and Lester is respected. You can't just replace someone without being consequences for the network. Megyn Kelly is not likable to have an evening news job. Megyn Kelly should just focus on her show, maybe she needs a co-host.She has no warm personality and having a co-host can help in bringing out another side to yourself.