Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Now they're shoehorning it in to stories about the Puerto Rico debt crisis...

Because Lin-Manuel Miranda is using his fame to bring attention to it.  I really doubt the media, let alone a morning show, would even talk about the debt crisis if Lin Miranda wasn't trying to bring awareness to it.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2016 at 2:33 PM, Mrsjumbo said:

I've noticed they have not talked about Prince's possible pain killer addiction in their Today's Take or whatever the other one is where they sit & discuss stories in the headlines. Because of Tamron maybe?

I don't think Tamron has enough pull to decide what news items they cover.  There is nothing more to report on that.  Every entertainment show is going on ad nauseam about it. 

• Love 1

And yet another "Hamilton" interview today. Blah.

on another note, let's count how many times they mention the "song of the summer" this year. I've counted 3 times so far.

Every new Broadway show gets a lot of attention because it doesn't happen that often.  A Chorus Line is probably still playing!  But this is too much as we all agree.  

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure that company profiled this morning is not the first or only to do in-home care for seniors as an alternative to nursing homes, but they have an app, so, yay? The segment this morning was nice advertising for them, I suppose.

Going back a little, but, Billy Bush, really?  If Natalie's gone, add Sheinelle (sp?) to the lineup.  At least she can read news.  Will BB be a newsreader, too?  He's completely annoying and useless.  If he's on with any regularity, I'm out.  And I still watch every weekday at this point.  Can't stomach GMA, and CBS Morning is a bit dry.  Old movies and sit-com reruns, here I come?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DorianGray said:

Going back a little, but, Billy Bush, really?  If Natalie's gone, add Sheinelle (sp?) to the lineup.  At least she can read news.  Will BB be a newsreader, too?  He's completely annoying and useless.  If he's on with any regularity, I'm out.  And I still watch every weekday at this point.  Can't stomach GMA, and CBS Morning is a bit dry.  Old movies and sit-com reruns, here I come?

I switched from Today to CBS Morning when the Today Show went orange. Complete with a kind of orange looking Carson Daly. Ugh.

There seems to be no happy medium. CBS Morning is rather dry but it's relatively low-key and they actually report some news. When I flip to the Today Show it seems now to be more of a chat show, a la the View etc., than news. And GMA just doesn't hold my attention.

Billy Bush is an annoying little jerk. Wasn't Jenna B-H enough of a Bush annoyance? 

Will BB be a newsreader, too?

Billy Bush is going to host the revamped third hour of the Today Show.  No word if Willie, Tamron or Al will stay with that hour or if BB is going to host solo or with a new co-host.  I wouldn't be surprised if BB did fill in for Matt on occasion.  If Carson can fill in, why not Billy Bush.

So Savannah is pregnant and skipping the Rio Olympics.  Can't say I blame her, it's too big of a risk for something that's not really real news.  I don't think I would take the risk even if I was pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, people say Zika is a horribly painful and draining condition.

CBS Morning is rather dry but it's relatively low-key and they actually report some news.

I had to quit watching CBS This Morning on a regular basis because Charlie, Gayle and Nora's banter gives me second hand embarrassment.  See John Oliver's riffs on them as reference.

• Love 1

Oh gosh. John Oliver? This will be good. Thanks!

They are impressively low-key. But sometimes Gayle's accessories are worth the flip. Charlie? zzzzzzz

But the Today Show seems so frenetic and disjointed. I used to get a kick out of the Al & Matt trips but they did at least one too many. And then Jenna.

And now Billy.

Funny how there is a story about Ivanka's & her husband's influence on the Trump campaign, with a mention that her FIL was imprisoned for tax evasion.

They could easily have made it a story about Chelsea Clinton being used in Hillary's campaign, & her FIL spent 5 years in prison for mail fraud, wire fraud, & bank fraud.

And no story about Hillary's computer possibly being hacked by the Russians?

Tell both sides, NBC!

• Love 5

I'm no Trump supporter by any means, but it is strange that they covered the stuff about Ivanka and her FIL, and not Chelsea and her FIL, former Congressman Ed Mezvinsky.

• Love 3

Watching Tamron act like she had no brain & exploding with hysterical laughter about herself - hopefully the people in charge are watching (& watching Matt's eye rolls) & do something about it. Coming across as ditsy is not attractive!

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Mrsjumbo said:

Watching Tamron act like she had no brain & exploding with hysterical laughter about herself - hopefully the people in charge are watching (& watching Matt's eye rolls) & do something about it. Coming across as ditsy is not attractive!

Willie said, what is the movie to get her on track in the segment of choosing favorite old movie.  She was blathering on about herself laughing at how funny/cute/silly/hysterical she is.  It never stops.  I don't think anyone likes working with her.  All of them at some point have shown that in a look. 

• Love 4

Not sure if it is just me, but I can never understand what they are saying because they all are talking at the same time.  It looks like they are having a lot of fun.........but not so much for me.  It is frustrating especially if it is something of interest.  I find CBS morning news so much more informative and enjoyable.  I always get the feeling the Today hosts have their own little clique and exclude and don't care about anyone else.  Same with Good Morning America.  They also goof around during any cooking segment and ALWAYS run out of time for the demonstration but they ALWAYS have time for their jokes and eating the food.  In fact, I really don't particularly want to watch people eating when I am starving!  I can see tasting......but they are choking down.  Chew on your own time!

• Love 6

They do talk over each other and it drives me crazy.  I don't like GMA, and I tried CBS morning news but the anchors make me feel "old" so I don't watch.  So, I'm stuck with Today until 9:00, then I switch to a local channel because I can't tolerate Tamron.  And I really can't stand Hoda and Kathie Lee at 10.

• Love 4
(edited)

I like Today but can't stand Tamron at all. Not surprised that there are reports that she isn't liked behind the scenes. I saw Natalie on Meredith's show the other day and she is so likeable. The Today Show just isn't the same since Meredith left. I like the weekend GMA. Weekend Today just isn't the same without Lester. If there is breaking news I watch CBS morning news because I like their headlines in 90 seconds at the beginning.

I like Hoda but KLG gives me a headache. I'll watch Hoda with any guest co-host.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 1
(edited)

Natalie was there in Orlando, too.  Guess it was a little compensation for her demotion - oh I mean her trying something new.

That commercial was ridiculous, but that's the nature of the beast.  All these so-called news organizations do it, even CBS This Morning, the real news morning show.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Page Six claims the fallout of Matt and Natalie's long rumored affair is the reason she's moving to LA and Access Hollywood.

It's Page Six, so who knows how much of it's exaggerated, but there's no way you can tell me Natalie wanted to go from Today to a show that airs at 2:00 am in many markets.

if it's true that Natalie's hub moved/was transferred to California, it's possible she was willing to take the demotion/lateral move in order to preserve the family unit. Honestly - and I'm jaded, having pretty much given  up on Today a while back - doing Access Hollywood isn't all that different than doing Today these days (except for the syndicated time slot factor).

• Love 3
On 7/13/2016 at 9:43 PM, junemeatcleaver said:

Page Six claims the fallout of Matt and Natalie's long rumored affair is the reason she's moving to LA and Access Hollywood.

It's Page Six, so who knows how much of it's exaggerated, but there's no way you can tell me Natalie wanted to go from Today to a show that airs at 2:00 am in many markets.

IDK, Natalie probably sees there's not much chance she'll be in line for any promotions at Today, nor anything better being offered by the other networks/cable news, and decided an easier job with better hours might not be the worst move ever, especially since it's with the same parent company. Maybe NBC was going to let her go altogether if she didn't take the Access Hollywood job but that happens at a lot of workplaces far less glamorous, for not-so-scandalous reasons: either relocate or get laid off.

Not that I would put an affair past Matt Lauer, though, given his history.

• Love 5

I was really surprised that they would demote Natalie so close to the Rio Olympics, seeing as she can speak so many languages. 

Ive always suspected Matt has a lot of pull in who stays or goes (see Ann Curry). Too bad it wasn't ditsy Savannah. Hearing her interview the Ghostbusters actress & giggle on & on about "auras" made me again question her graduating Magna cum Laude from law school.  

Ive always enjoyed Natalie, I will miss her way more than nearly any of the others.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mrsjumbo said:

I was really surprised that they would demote Natalie so close to the Rio Olympics, seeing as she can speak so many languages. 

Ive always suspected Matt has a lot of pull in who stays or goes (see Ann Curry). Too bad it wasn't ditsy Savannah. Hearing her interview the Ghostbusters actress & giggle on & on about "auras" made me again question her graduating Magna cum Laude from law school.  

Ive always enjoyed Natalie, I will miss her way more than nearly any of the others.

Natalie has lived in Brazil, I believe, and her mother is Brazilian. It does seem kind of foolish NBC not to take advantage of her talents for the Olympics. She did our local morning news for a couple years, and I like her too; I feel like "I knew her when...." 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/15/2016 at 7:05 PM, Medicine Crow said:

For the record, I'm a long-time Natalie fan & can't understand why she would take this new job if not "pushed".  Just sayin'.

I like her too, and think she was pushed, as well.  

From one of the articles I read, this morning, Annette, Matt's wife, filed for divorce in 2006 (?) and later rescinded it.  Natalie and Matt were covering the Olympics at the time.  Now if that is true, easy to fact check, the affair might be true.  But it is odd to respond to that 10 years later by demoting Natalie.  Makes no sense. 

Something else happened. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Two Bushes on Today at the same time has to be my absolute nightmare.  I might have to start changing the channel whenever Billy Bush comes on, but what am I going to watch?  I already had to give up GMA due to Lara Spencer and Michael Strahan's speech impediment.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Two Bushes on Today at the same time has to be my absolute nightmare.  I might have to start changing the channel whenever Billy Bush comes on, but what am I going to watch?  I already had to give up GMA due to Lara Spencer and Michael Strahan's speech impediment.

We started watching the CBS Morning show and it's far from perfect but usually actually has some news. Gayle King isn't as bad as I thought and Charlie Rose is worse. He has this deliberate way of speaking that makes me want to finish the sentence for him. And lots of their stuff is from or will be on their Nightly News.

But it is Bush free. I still can't believe they thought adding Billy was a good idea. And Jenna... No. She even has a presence in Southern Living magazine. I doubt she wears some of the moderately priced clothing that she touts. Old Navy? Jenna? 

• Love 2

I like the relatively news free Olympic shows.  If I want to hear the news, I'll look elsewhere.  When the Olympics are on, I just want to feel a little bit like I'm there with friends with behind the scenes access, soaking up the local color.  And Jenna Bush Hagar does not bother me at all anymore.  She seems like a good natured, personable young woman.  And this from someone who is, as my mother used to say "to the left of Eleanor Roosevelt".

• Love 6

ALL of the co-hosts aside from Matt (because he's smug and secure in his role) and Hoda (because she's just really great and clearly enjoys what she does) look incredibly uncomfortable together. Savannah doesn't seem too bright and looks like she hasn't yet mastered how to act on camera, Natalie is like a talking, smiling statue, Tamron just cackles between reading the teleprompter, Al probably can't wait to retire. It's all a mess, I get this feeling that they're all one bad segment from hating each other.

• Love 3
On August 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM, junemeatcleaver said:

This. So much of this. Billy Bush makes my head hurt. He is always so "on" all of the time. I never minded Tamron or Natalie, and loved Willie. I cannot stand Al or Matt. I am tuning into CBS This Morning more regularly. They do not seem to be cackling hyenas like Today and GMA seem to be. I like that it is more calm and I love Charlie Rose, so that helps. 

• Love 4

I never thought much about Billy Bush before, he was just another talking head.  But now, every time I see him I think about him lying on the table getting a Brazilian wax and he just disgusts me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I never thought much about Billy Bush before, he was just another talking head.  But now, every time I see him I think about him lying on the table getting a Brazilian wax and he just disgusts me.

He always struck me as someone who went to the head of the pack because of his last name. And I assumed the same of Jenna. And that usually seems unfair. 

And he's really growing into the Bush face.

I am so glad I did not see the wax. What the hell were they (he) thinking? 

His defense yesterday of Lochte et al is also disgusting. Imho

• Love 1