Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Handidates

Determined to find out who the killer is, Dean Munsch, Denise and the Chanels question Hester, as well as the sole survivor of the Halloween massacre. Chad accuses Brock of being the killer and makes a shocking proposal to Chanel. Meanwhile, a new patient with an outrageous disorder leads Chanel #3 and Cassidy to grow closer, and another victim crashes a celebration.

Knew Chad wasn't long for the SQ world. He was getting a great arc and playing so heavily that it felt like they were front loading the season with him for a reason. 

And he became a suspect.

And he beat Brock for Chanel which Brock took too well....

And he was going to marry Chanel which was so not gonna happen.

I'm sad he and Denise never reunited. Then again knowing this show, he had a romp with Denise for old times sake the night before the wedding (she was yawning at the ceremony so maybe she didn't get any sleep) and now SHE's now carrying Chad/ette Jr. In any case avenge your ex-slampiece Special Agent Denise Hemphill! Avenge him!

Chad's with Boone now. Hope they're happily spooning.

That nurse's life being saved by having to go poo? Oh, show.

Chanel #3 sex blocking herself due to her R&B issues and New Jack making her think of Wesley Snipes tax problems?! Girl, please.

• Love 2

The treatment of Chanel 5 is getting so boring and tedious because it's just a lazy go-to joke for the writers. Unless they have Chanel 5 standing up to the rest of the folks or somehow be connected to the murders or something, this will be a total waste of time that could be better used on other things.

• Love 3

Man, they're overplaying the hate for Chanel #5. This season is just not as fun as last season. I liked more people last season. Now, they managed to get me to dislike Chanel #3, hate Chanel and Zayday, and be bored by all the new characters. 

And they killed Chad, so that's points dropped. They could have killed Dr. Brock Holt. Oh yeah, they also got me to be annoyed by John Stamos on my screen. And I love John Stamos! 

Hannibal Hester keeps saying that the murderer is right in front of their faces. What, is it Hester? Or Hester's eviler triplet? 

I feel bad because I want to like this season, and I certainly like aspects (Hester, Denise, surprisingly Cassidy), but most of the aspects fall very flat.

Edited by Lady Calypso
Because I totally forgot about Boone as the twin
  • Love 3

I agree, this season is lacking something and now chads gone so why am I here? I used to love # 3 as well but the hate on number 5 is getting really tired. Do they really think it's that funny? It's not. I'm surprised AB sighed on for another season of this show.

• Love 1

The hospital setting is doing this show no favors because the characters from season one were so much a creation and parody of the campus/sorority culture that taking them out of that and plopping them into this world doesn't do them justice. They should've stuck with an anthology theme and started from scratch with new characters.

• Love 9

I actually like this one better then the last two.  

Sad to see Chad go but I think it was time he was wearing a little thin  for me.

The medical of the week is a a bit boring already. 

The only think I am interested in really is how Hester knows what is going on.

Now that Chad is dead I'm less interested in the show especially since they're overdoing the chanel 5 hatred and Zayday isn't interesting and I don't really care who the killer is. This season isn't doing it for me, the medical case of the week is too predictable, they cure them, they die... 4 dead patients in 3 episodes, the hospital being open at this point is ridiculous and not the fun ridiculous but the stupid uninteresting kind and the Hannibal Hester was funny the first time but it's already gotten odd with the weird transitions between scenes. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, wayne67 said:

Now that Chad is dead I'm less interested in the show especially since they're overdoing the chanel 5 hatred and Zayday isn't interesting and I don't really care who the killer is. This season isn't doing it for me, the medical case of the week is too predictable, they cure them, they die... 4 dead patients in 3 episodes, the hospital being open at this point is ridiculous and not the fun ridiculous but the stupid uninteresting kind and the Hannibal Hester was funny the first time but it's already gotten odd with the weird transitions between scenes. 

Right? I don't really care about this show this season. I think I hyperboles the first episode of this season because I did really have a love for this show after last year but.. then episode 2 was good mostly because they brought back Chad but now? He's dead and gone, so what do I have to look forward to? More hate on Chanel number 5- who, even though I know can't be true because she didn't kill scabby guy I hope she turns out to be the killer, considering the hate she gets-, more Zayday being Grace lite, Denise is always fun but there's never enough and the love of my life Chanel number 3 has become really annoying. 

9 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Right? I don't really care about this show this season. I think I hyperboles the first episode of this season because I did really have a love for this show after last year but.. then episode 2 was good mostly because they brought back Chad but now? He's dead and gone, so what do I have to look forward to? More hate on Chanel number 5- who, even though I know can't be true because she didn't kill scabby guy I hope she turns out to be the killer, considering the hate she gets-, more Zayday being Grace lite, Denise is always fun but there's never enough and the love of my life Chanel number 3 has become really annoying. 

It feels very much like the jokes have become the stale and the premise of the serial killer has become tired. I sort of like Cassidy but not enough to keep watching and where did that nurse go ? I loved this show last year because it was entertainingly bad now it's just kind of there. It has funny moments but not enough to feel like it's worth the time. 

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 1

I was so confused about the visit with the nurse. I thought that the Halloween massacre happened the same night that Jerry O'Connell blew off his patient to go to the party. But according to the nurse, the killings happened the following year.

I haven't seen Cheri Oteri in anything for ages. And you'd think they'd utilize Kirstie Alley more. I agree it was probably a mistake to kill Chad off so quickly, although I guess it's possible he'll be back (anything is possible on this show). 

• Love 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

I haven't seen Cheri Oteri in anything for ages. And you'd think they'd utilize Kirstie Alley more. I agree it was probably a mistake to kill Chad off so quickly, although I guess it's possible he'll be back (anything is possible on this show). 

You know, thinking about it after sleeping, it is odd that they just killed Chad off screen and didn't give him a proper goodbye scene. Out of all the characters, I'd think they would want to expand on Chad's death the most. Now, judging from the promos, it doesn't look like he gets much of a sendoff. With him being a hugely popular character, I wonder how they're going to handle his death and if he'll somehow be alive. 

I mean, even last season, Gigi got a good last scene before her head was found at Thanksgiving. But Chad's last scene was so forgettable. I wonder if we're supposed to suspect Brock Holt and it'll end up that he had a planned fake death with Brock's help. Now, how that will work out, I'm not sure yet. But maybe it's also me in denial that they'd kill Chad off so casually. 

• Love 1

This season has been boring mostly because none of us care for the Green Meanie. He seems to be an effective killer but boring otherwise. 

For some reason, Channel #1 and #3 are lacking this season too. Only Channel #5 has been good but I am getting tired of all the unnecessary mean things being said to her. It is no longer funny. The two newbie doctors are so dry and uninteresting. Like I don't care for Twilight dude and Uncle Jesse at all. Although, I will say Uncle Jesse is hot af!

The people who are interesting to audience such as Denise, Hester, and Creepy nurse are not getting enough screen-time. The only other interesting character was Chad and he is dead. No one wanted to see Channel #1 and Chad together again. Majority of the people hoped for a reunion between Chad and Denise and it seems that is not happening now. Dammit!

I hope they let Hester out of her leash and let us see her and Green Meanie face each other.

Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Am I the only one enjoying the abuse heaped on #5?

The mean comments directed toward #5 are good in small doses. Previous season had a mean thing to her in every episode but it was wrapped up with other things Channel would say to her. This season both Channel #1 and #3 only talk to her in mean way. It is unbalanced. 

• Love 1

Heh.  I actually thought this episode was really good and that the show has found its groove.  Chad was a fun character but he was also a one note character.   I think he ran his course and a name character had to die.

I do agree though that the #5 bashing has gone past funny and into plain mean.  Funny was the ring stuff (Whore cut!!!) and Chad and Doctor Uncle Jesse fighting over who gets to have sex with Chanel.   Funny was the screaming guy not being frightened anymore only to get murdered by the Green Meanie also funny was the way the Green Meanie killed the latest patient of the Cure Institute.  

I think the two most hilarious scenes was when Chad gave Chanel the prenup.  I also loved everything...everything with Hester.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I don't know, I tend to agree that the premise doesn't really work against a hospital setting using the same cast as last season. The characters worked, more or less, against the backdrop of a typical college/sorority/fraternity slasher film. That's what they were created for. Importing them into a hospital, turning the Chanels into nursing students and the Dean into a hospital administrator is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. If they were determined to use the same cast they should have gone the same route as American Horror Story and created new characters for them to play.

Frankly I'm baffled how this show made it to a second season; ratings for the first were poor, to say the least, and critics weren't exactly crazy about it either. The rating for this episode was a 0.7 in the 18-49 demo, with only 1.64 million viewers in total. That's lower than a lot of shows on The CW or basic cable. I don't know how Fox can afford to keep making these.

I was wondering if Chad is dead. I thought he was pulling some prank - since I watch online I don't get the previews. Still, as much as I enjoy Chad on several levels (abs...), I am okay with him dying. Would've preferred some shower-related death but oh well.

I just don't like the premise. I am tired of the COTW being offed. Most of the new characters are so under developed, I don't care if they live or die. And WTF about Cassidy being dead????

This show really would have been better off as an anthology show, like an extra campy AHS. Moving all these characters into a hospital setting just does not work as well as it did in a college setting. 

Chad is dead?!?! I refuse to believe it! Refuse! 

Evil Lecter Hester is pretty great though. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, mack6986 said:

I guess I'm in the minority, because I'm so glad that Chad is dead.  He was by far my least favorite character last seaon, and he was even more annoying this season.  Good riddance.

Chad is fun in small doses.  My minority opinion is I don't care for Denise. . 

Edited by Chaos Theory

I think the problem I have with the show this season so far is that it's just a bunch of redshirts being offed every week. At least last season there was some personal connection with the sorority sisters and the frat brothers, but the patients of the week are not that exciting and it stretches credibility that they're all being killed. 

Random thoughts:

1) I would love it if by some twist Zayday really was one of the killers, just proving Denise Hemphill is always right and we should never doubt her.

2) WTF is up with Dr Twilight? I joked he got to be a vampire, but will the show actually go with a supernatural explanation, or will it turn out he just sucks on ice cubes and was faking to gain #2's trust? 

3) Even if the child of the dead patient is out killing people, why kill the patients and not the doctors? The whole motivation thing makes no sense.

4) I bet Chad isn't dead, but faked his death (let's pretend Boone taught him how to fake death, because why not with this show?)

I'll miss Chad, but eh, his character had run his course. I laughed my ass off that Chad is actually just about Glen Powell's actual age.

Speaking of age, I just realized that Emma Roberts is four years younger than the Olsen Twins. Man, Stamos pulls it off well but it's still weird that he's playing love interest to someone who wasn't even alive when Full House had its first couple of seasons.

Edited by methodwriter85
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'll miss Chad, but eh, his character had run his course. I laughed my ass off that Chad is actually just about Glen Powell's actual age.

Speaking of age, I just realized that Emma Roberts is four years young than the Olsen Twins. Man, Stamos pulls it off well but it's still weird that he's playing love interest to someone who wasn't even alive when Full House had its first couple of seasons.

Wow, that makes it seem really gross. And it makes me feel old too. Stamos looks great though, he's apparently 53.

• Love 1

Well, that dashes my hopes for a season at the haunted Radwell residence. I thought they were totally setting that up last season, and when the hospital setting was announced, I was disappointed. I want to see the screaming furniture!

When the patient was leaving all happy, with a balloon, and accompanied by several members of staff, I was like, "Finally, someone's going to make it out alive!" What a fool I am.

It seems only 3 or 4 new characters could be the Green Meanie, and because we've already had prior existing characters who are exempted (the Chanels, Hester, Denise, Zayday and Munsch), there doesn't seem to be much investment in the whodunnit aspect this year.  

Just started watching this show about a week ago on Hulu. Shocked by Chad's death. Actually, I was shocked he was in this season at all. He seemed like he would've disappeared like Grace and her dad. But I'll be sad to see him go. He looked very attractive in the proposal scene and I found it oddly heartwarming that he was trying to make sure she had a lawyer look at the prenup before signing. 

Taylor Lautner was more convincing as a Native American werewolf. Although I am wondering if he's really a zombie or just dumb. Or faking it. 

Edited by bettername2come