Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, California Girl said:

I hope the Veterans are well prepared, because in spite of my initial opinion after Prelims, I now think that the competition looks fierce.  

I would like to see the 5 Year Veteran necklace be redesigned into a medal with initials carved in.

In this style, except with DCC:

il_570xN.669743622_i5gu.jpg

Personally, I would like to see something a bit smaller and without the "fancy" cursive writing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't want to be too critical of her, but why is Jenna posting long posts about how much being a DCC means to her pretty much every day? She announced last year she was retiring but never made such posts, so being nostalgic doesn't cut it for me. It definitely seems like she's trying to prove herself as an ambassador.

THIRSTY. All I can think is, dang, Jenna is THIRSTY. Does she feel like they're making her beg to be the darling again, or is she just that thirsty?

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

Danielle is getting some love on the DCC twitter account too!

Also: I can't stop rewatching JennK showing off the combo at semifinals. That girl deserved being point and all the recognition she got in her three years!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Danielle is getting some love on the DCC twitter account too!

Also: I can't stop rewatching JennK showing off the combo at semifinals. That girl deserved being point and all the recognition she got in her three years!

Agree on JennK - Jacie and Kinzie are also both excellent but JennK was amazing in that.  Such a clean, powerful dancer. 

• Love 7
(edited)

It is probably DCC anathema to bring this up, but I do not understand why so many women want to perform with the DCC for multiple years.  In reading profiles of former DCC it seems that in the 1970s, '80s, and even the early '90s it was more common to be a one-and-done.  I am sure that some number of those DCC reauditioned and did not make it back for a second year, but some of them were simply ready to move on once they had accomplished their DCC goal.  (Think Malia Morales ROTY 2009).

Yet today we are surprised or shocked when a great dancer like Mandy (after one year) or Mary (after two) decides to call it a day and move on to other commitments in her life.  Now that the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders I can see staying on for the thrill of being part of a championship season, but mostly I credit Kelli and Judy for amping up the competition, and building up the myth or desirability of being a three-, four-, or even five+ year vet, an assistant group leader, a group leader, a PB rep, etc.   They are savvy marketers of the DCC brand and myth, and cutting some women after each Rookie season might actually motivate these women to audition for another year, less anyone think they couldn't cut it on the team.

I also wonder if the women are given a clear-enough indication or evaluation of their performance and status on the team, because every year some number of vets appear to be completely shocked when they are cut.  Personally, if my performance reviews clearly reflected that I was on the bubble and in real danger of not making the team again (aka, being fired),  I would politely and graciously inform the organization that I did not intend to reaudition, and then happily move on to the next commitment or goal with a sense of accomplishment and relief.  Somehow the fact that more vets don't do so before getting cut each year, indicates to me that their performance reviews are holding back a more clear and candid evaluation, perhaps because getting cut at auditions makes for better television.          

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, California Girl said:

It is probably DCC anathema to bring this up, but I do not understand why so many women want to perform with the DCC for multiple years.  In reading profiles of former DCC it seems that in the 1970s, '80s, and even the early '90s it was more common to be a one-and-done.  I am sure that some number of those DCC reauditioned and did not make it back for a second year, but some of them were simply ready to move on once they had accomplished their DCC goal.  (Think Malia Morales ROTY 2009).

Yet today we are surprised or shocked when a great dancer like Mandy (after one year) or Mary (after two) decides to call it a day and move on to other commitments in her life.  Now that the Cowboys are Super Bowl contenders I can see staying on for the thrill of being part of a championship season, but mostly I credit Kelli and Judy for amping up the competition, and building up the myth or desirability of being a three-, four-, or even five+ year vet, an assistant group leader, a group leader, a PB rep, etc.   They are savvy marketers of the DCC brand and myth, and cutting some women after each Rookie season might actually motivate these women to audition for another year, less anyone think they couldn't cut it on the team.

I also wonder if the women are given a clear-enough indication or evaluation of their performance and status on the team, because every year some number of vets appear to be completely shocked when they are cut.  Personally, if my performance reviews clearly reflected that I was on the bubble and in real danger of not making the team again (aka, being fired),  I would politely and graciously inform the organization that I did not intend to reaudition, and then happily move on to the next commitment or goal with a sense of accomplishment and relief.  Somehow the fact that more vets don't do so before getting cut each year, indicates to me that their performance reviews are holding back a more clear and candid evaluation, perhaps because getting cut at auditions makes for better television.          

Well I get your point but I don't think it's entirely true. Most of the girls who got cut in the past few years were out of shape during auditions and/or they bombed their field performance. That's not something that Kelli and Judy can predict and since the girls have to tell them if they plan on reauditioning around february, even if they could tell some of them got out of shape, they would probably tell them they have less than 3 months to get back in shape.

as for why girls keep coming back, I think part of it is that as you said, Kelli and Judy seem to be great brand managers. But I'm also guessing it's because the girls want the exposurw and the fame. Unless they manage to become superstars within their first year, by sticking around for more they get teaching offers, modeling contracts, followers on instagram (aka money) etc. and some of them probably want to get a full time position with the organization-for me for example, they will totally find a way to keep JennK around in some capacity.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, California Girl said:

No matter how much some people are talked to about what they need to improve, it is often too painful for them to acknowledge.  Then when they fail(such as we see in nursing school with being unsuccessful in the clinical aspect) they then spin out the story that they no one told them they needed to improve, we never talked to them etc.  Look at how when they called Erica (red head in) to talk with her about her weight gain and costume and all she heard were other things such as they didn't like my routine because it was easier to fixate on that.  Sign me as one who has counseled many students with those few who could never hear that they were doing something wrong etc

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Bc of the spray tan it looks like she's wearing pantyhose with open sandals

Ugh, the infamous webbed toes!  Yep, I've seen old ladies do that!  

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

The comments about the 5th year charms cracked me up. I'm okay with the design but agree with the size makes it tacky. I love California Girl's suggestion, its much prettier and daintier.

Holly's photo still looks pretty bad, the girl is gorgeous but must there be 10lbs of make up!?!? With the make up, she reminds me of Kelly Osbourne.... whos like decades older...

WHAT!? Mandy is leaving or just visiting home before finals maybe? That's a shocker, she also gave me a little Holly Arielle feel and I like how she gave off a mature but young vibe, kinda like Jen and Jessica. Darn, I really liked her Maggie and Heather, I was guessing they would become the power blondes. I hope Kelly and Judy will find more blondes this year because it seems like there's a lack of them in the last 2 years.

8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agree on JennK - Jacie and Kinzie are also both excellent but JennK was amazing in that.  Such a clean, powerful dancer. 

Triple agree, I feel like she got harped on this year but she's amazing and deserving of all the recognition. I love me some Jenn K solo performance!!!! Hopefully the DCC org finds a great job for her if she looks for one!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SnoopyJam said:

The comments about the 5th year charms cracked me up. I'm okay with the design but agree with the size makes it tacky. I love California Girl's suggestion, its much prettier and daintier.

Holly's photo still looks pretty bad, the girl is gorgeous but must there be 10lbs of make up!?!? With the make up, she reminds me of Kelly Osbourne.... whos like decades older...

WHAT!? Mandy is leaving or just visiting home before finals maybe? That's a shocker, she also gave me a little Holly Arielle feel and I like how she gave off a mature but young vibe, kinda like Jen and Jessica. Darn, I really liked her Maggie and Heather, I was guessing they would become the power blondes. I hope Kelly and Judy will find more blondes this year because it seems like there's a lack of them in the last 2 years.

Triple agree, I feel like she got harped on this year but she's amazing and deserving of all the recognition. I love me some Jenn K solo performance!!!! Hopefully the DCC org finds a great job for her if she looks for one!

So much this! It makes me really happy to see more positive things posted about Jen K. She really took a beating here the last year or two, but I think she's perfect as is.

• Love 7

I just saw Jax's retirement letter, forgot she was leaving and almost had a heart attack. I was like "NOO they're dropping like flies."

What's the remainder of the audition schedule?  

Have we got some ladies with DCC ties trying out or what?  Is this verboten to discuss; too fearful we'll lose inside scoops?  IMHO that is a heaping pile of BS.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Annette said:

What's the remainder of the audition schedule?  

Have we got some ladies with DCC ties trying out or what?  Is this verboten to discuss; too fearful we'll lose inside scoops?  IMHO that is a heaping pile of BS.

Preliminary Auditions
May 6

Semi-Final Auditions
May 7

Finalists Interview
May 12

Final Auditions
May 13

First Meeting with Training Camp Candidates
June 5

(edited)

Inevitably one or more current DCC will be cut at Finals this year.  I wish I could tell them this. 

I want you to know that you should all be proud of yourselves, no matter the results.  For one or more glorious seasons you have been a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, you are now forever part of a very exclusive sorority of sisters, you made some lifelong friends, you experienced incredible moments that you will never forget, you accomplished a goal -- in making America's most iconic professional sports dance team -- that most women who attempt it will never earn, and you will always be in the cameos, the squad photo, and the history of the DCC.  No one can ever take that away from you.   

It is understandable to feel sad because you have lost something you loved, but please do not feel angry or embarrassed.  Yes we fans will mercilessly dissect and discuss your cuts, saying that perhaps you gained weight, or that your dancing was not as strong as it should have been, or that maybe you did something the organization did not approve of.  But the truth is that you do have what it takes to be one of America's Sweethearts, and you have already proven that beyond a doubt.  

Perhaps you just don't have it in you for another year on this particular day at Finals, that's okay, most people place at the Boston Marathon, or make the finals of the NCAA tournament, or medal at the Olympics, or finish top 5 in the Tour de France just once in their lives, but oh what an amazing one time that is.  Years from now few people will ask or care whether you were on the team for one or more years, they will only care that you were one of America's Sweethearts.  

So walk away with your head held high and your pride intact, let your friends and teammates hug and comfort you -- you deserve their love and support, if you feel up to it, let the cameras know how grateful you are for the year you did have, and demonstrate the grace and poise that earned you that star in the first place.  After a few days of mourning, embrace your life happily, do not look back with regret or anger, and do not focus too much time or attention on your years as a DCC as they do not define you; instead, move forward with optimism and confidence towards your next goals and work hard to achieve those.            

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Inevitably one or more current DCC will be cut at Finals this year.  I wish I could tell them this. 

I want you to know that you should all be proud of yourselves, no matter the results.  For one or more glorious seasons you have been a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, you are now forever part of a very exclusive sorority of sisters, you made some lifelong friends, you experienced incredible moments that you will never forget, you accomplished a goal -- in making America's most iconic professional sports dance team -- that most women who attempt it will never earn, and you will always be in the cameos, the squad photo, and the history of the DCC.  No one can ever take that away from you.   

It is understandable to feel sad because you have lost something you loved, but please do not feel angry or embarrassed.  Yes we fans will mercilessly dissect and discuss your cuts, saying that perhaps you gained weight, or that your dancing was not as strong as it should have, or that maybe you did something the organization did not approve of.  But the truth is that you do have what it takes to be one of America's Sweethearts, and you have already proven that beyond a doubt.  

Perhaps you just don't have it in you for another year on this particular day at Finals, that's okay, most people place at the Boston Marathon, or make the finals of the NCAA tournament, or medal at the Olympics, or finish top 5 in the Tour de France just once in their lives, but oh what an amazing one time that is.  Years from now few people will ask or care whether you were on the team for one or more years, they will only care that you were one of America's Sweethearts.  

So walk away with your head held high and your pride intact, let your friends and teammates hug and comfort you -- you deserve their love and support, if you feel up to it, let the cameras know how grateful you are for the year you did have, and demonstrate the grace and poise that earned you that star in the first place.  After a few days of mourning, embrace your life happily, do not look back with regret or anger, do not focus too much time or attention on your years as a DCC as they not define you; instead, move forward with optimism towards your next goals and work hard to achieve those.            

AMAZING!  Those are wonderful words and so true. I hope the girls (hopefully not any) who do not make it back , read these boards and come   across  THIS post!!  You should patent this  haha!  I want to schedule an appointment with you for a therapy session

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Slate said:

Jessica's retirement letter is SO sweet and heartfelt. 

I love Jessica!! I wish her all the best in her future endeavors. So happy that she will be an All-Star!!

• Love 2

I wish I could move like them. They make it look so easy and so good. That dance is one of the hardest I've seen in Michelle's class.

12 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I wish I could move like them. They make it look so easy and so good. That dance is one of the hardest I've seen in Michelle's class.

Me too. I can barely keep up with the senior citizens in Zumba class 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It's going to be a sad day for the DCC when Holly leaves, she has like the biggest fanbase

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's going to be a sad day for the DCC when Holly leaves, she has like the biggest fanbase

Shhhh, let's not talk about the end of the world so soon. 

/sarcasm (but also kind of true) 

• Love 3

Seriously though, when Holly DOES leave the DCC she's going to do such exciting things I'm sure. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's probably the most naturally talented dancer the DCC has had since MTT started airing. Not taking anything away from the other amazing girls they've had throughout the years, but Holly is just a one in a million dancer imo.

• Love 6

Speaking of Holly, wonder if she will lead off the solos this year? she closed last time, right? I know Jenna will have most seniority but has she ever even won a Barbie? 

Or maybe it's Lacey's year - Kelli always loves her solos EVERY year. Madeline got high praise though too.  Can't wait!! 

• Love 1

I do not think Madeline will be leading off solos this year. Yes, Jennifer was leading off solos her second year, but in my opinion, Madeline is not in the same league as Holly, Jennifer or Lacey in dance or DCC overall style.

Maddie can dance her little butt off. She's really good so I could see her maybe ending solos this year like Holly ended last year.

22 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I see Erica and Holly leading off/ending solos

i don't know...Erica led last year and she didn't even get a barbie.  i dont know if she just had an 'off' year or what lol  

16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Maddie can dance her little butt off. She's really good so I could see her maybe ending solos this year like Holly ended last year.

I know a lot of people don't think she has the DCC 'look' but dance style, I think she did great with it this year.  I don't think they'd have put her in show group if she couldn't master the style.  That said, Lacey certainly is incredible and I could see her over Maddie getting to start or finish, esp with seniority :) 

I honestly don't even think there is a specific DCC look anymore. They're really just going by dance ability and if they happen to be gorgeous, that makes it even better. Looks can always change with makeup. Allie's looks changed once she learned how to do makeup. 

7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Since when is leading/ending solos a thing? I thought they go in random numbered order? 

Nope! They've been having their standouts lead off/end solos for the past few years. I'm not sure how their number works if they're given #1 and #whatever at the end

(edited)
9 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Nope! They've been having their standouts lead off/end solos for the past few years. I'm not sure how their number works if they're given #1 and #whatever at the end

Never noticed! I thought it was just editing. 

Kind of seems unfair if that's an actual thing. Going after the "best" puts a lot of pressure on the girls when they already have enough, and labeling anyone as such shows complacency when they say they try to prevent that. Obviously we know who shines, but I feel like in finals it should just be left understood and stay random order. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1

Didn't Trisha lead off solos in her 6th year? I can see them choosing holly, Lacey, jinelle or Jenna. My money is on Lacey or Jenna, and any of those 4 for closing. IIRC, Sydney never led. 

Are the people who lead eligible to receive barbies or are their barbies kind of assumed since they are chosen to go first and therefore they don't receive barbies?

5 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Ugh I just LOVE her dancing

That looks like such a fun dance. I find Holly to be over the top to the point where it distracts from her (great) dancing in certain settings, but I love this! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Speaking of Holly, wonder if she will lead off the solos this year? she closed last time, right? I know Jenna will have most seniority but has she ever even won a Barbie? 

Or maybe it's Lacey's year - Kelli always loves her solos EVERY year. Madeline got high praise though too.  Can't wait!! 

I wouldn't be surprised if she led. It would definitely raise the bar for everyone after her. Knowing that though, they may have someone like Lacey lead..especially since she, while being a great dancer, isn't as "much" as Holly AND has three barbies under her belt.

10 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Didn't Trisha lead off solos in her 6th year? I can see them choosing holly, Lacey, jinelle or Jenna. My money is on Lacey or Jenna, and any of those 4 for closing. IIRC, Sydney never led. 

Are the people who lead eligible to receive barbies or are their barbies kind of assumed since they are chosen to go first and therefore they don't receive barbies?

I doubt it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Madeline will be leading off solos this year. Yes, Jennifer was leading off solos her second year, but in my opinion, Madeline is not in the same league as Holly, Jennifer or Lacey in dance or DCC overall style.

Well Jennifer became a leader right after her rookie year so I don't think she is the norm :p did Kashara also get a barbie last year?

• Love 1

I have NO proof of this - just going off the way Kelli phrases the intro of the first solo is like, we are starting off the show with someone we 100% know will BRING It, will raise the bar sky high and get people excited. 

Jennifer was definitely pretty special! 

As for Kashara, I don't think she has received a barbie yet.  since we are getting more episodes this year, dear CMT - PLEASE include even just the briefest of footage showing who gets a barbie during the first meeting! this is something small but something us hardcore fans LOVE to see :) 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I am sure when they show up, there are specific numbers for those people and perhaps for vets returning as they try to pair up a vet or two in a group with 3 finalists