Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
auntjess

Four Weddings

Recommended Posts

I took a nap after the one wedding was called off and wondered what they did the rest of the episode. Watching on dvr now so I figured out how they spent the rest of the episode. I was sad for the bride that had the breakup. And I too thought it was strange how friendly the one bride was with the trainer. I mean half of her individual story was spent with the trainer and not her fiancé. And then when she said later she felt stuck in the middle?  Honestly the sympathy at that moment should go with the bride you were friends with. I don’t think she wanted the relationship to end while the groom did. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't like Sarah at the start, but I was really impressed with the way she handled the very messy situation with a lot of grace. I was not impressed by he two "friends" and their "What's it like being a wife?!? Oh, sorry, Sarah, not you" business. Tracey, on the other hand, did seem sweet, but the close, bantering relationship with the trainer seemed off. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Batman and his wife are on Facebook. She's fighting with people and Batman is posting stupid gifs.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

There was a lot of passive aggressive stuff going on within this group.  Sarah was such a bitch during the opening segment at the gym that maybe it finally dawned on Evan that he didn’t want to be tied to her.  She did say she was an only child and was used to getting her own way so who knows how much that impacted their relationship.  Too bad there’s a child involved now.  The breakup seemed to humble her because she acted quite differently afterward.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think the part with Megan bowing out was because she's cousins with Evan. She probably felt awkward about the whole cancelling of their wedding.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sarah thought she was cool shit on a hot day. Hot boyfriend in comparison to her, her friends and their finances (Evan was just ok looking) brand new house with what looked like beautiful new furniture and a baby. Wouldn't be surprised if her and her family money and support is what kept Evan around that long. He should be ashamed of himself and no matter how unpleasant she is she didn't deserve what he did to her. 

I'm so tired of seeing plus sized brides in strapless ball gowns. Cheap fabric not flattering. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

He left her because she got fat after having the baby.  She was much thinner in their pre baby pics.  As a trainer, he sees hot, fit chicks every day, and it seems like that's a big deal for him...Douchebag 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

(...and some sweating for the wedding)  Did some diving on FB and found some dates.:

Jami & Aston wedding was around 9/17/17 

Tracey & Zach wedding was around 10/7/17 

Sarah & Evan scheduled for 11/25/17 per the episode.  Appears he called it off only a couple of weeks after the 2nd wedding was filmed.

Sarah posted a photo of herself with Jami & Tracey toasting on 4/8/18 noting filming was almost over. Looks like that was the day they supposedly offered to plan Megan's wedding.

Megan's wedding was on or before 4/23/18 

Sarah posted another photos of the four brides together on 5/5/18 celebrating the end of filming.  Looks like the photos were taken when the four were at the reveal location.

I really don't buy the scenario for how that last wedding came about.  I'm still thinking that production probably got involved to salvage the episode so that the time and money they had already invested in filming would not be a total waste.  I wonder what the date was for Megan's canceled wedding plans.  The weddings are usually around the same time frame so it seems odd that she would not have been aware she wasn't going to be able to properly plan it by the time the 2nd wedding was filmed.  Also wonder when it was canceled.

Edited by ichbin · Reason: spelling and correct a date
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That’s an episode they should have given up on. It was bizarre and depressing.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I must be one stone cold bitch, because my reaction to dumped bride was: Instant Karma. I couldn't figure out why this seemingly attractive, nice guy was marrying such a nasty piece of work. Then they showed the past pics of the couple and, well, I guess she was better looking then (though still featuring a massive five-head) and all I could think was "you'd better hustle up and lose that 'baby weight', 'cause your rancid personality ain't gonna bring the boys to the yard." Maybe I'm a tough critic, but I do not cotton to the whole playful-insults-are-cute thing. Her bitchy comments about mashed potatoes and getting everything she wants when she wants it... getting dumped could NOT have happened to a better person. (A last-minute dumping on national tv is NAGL for him either, but who would want to be tied to that harpy? Too bad there was a kid in the picture. Use condoms, y'all.)

But then the 4th wedding... I couldn't even bask in the glowing schadenfreude of a righteous comeuppance before my brain's logic center was assaulted with the wt-fuckery of that last load of steaming bullshit. What was the ostensible reason for her dropping out and saying "I just can't plan a wedding right now." Ya know, AFTER you signed up for a fucking wedding show, AFTER your ankle is healed. I guess TLC has borrowed a page from the HGTV House Hunters fakery book. I honestly assumed they were trying to spin off a show for the wedding planner who made an appearance. This whole episode really should have been canned.

But on the positive side, there was (drum roll, please): "Rustic Batman." I cannot stop laughing at that. Fun challenge: come up with a more ridiculous two-word wedding theme. "Fluorescent Stagecoach"? "Bondage Flamingo"?

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

"Rustic Batman." I cannot stop laughing at that.

It gives me the giggles too, everyone knows it's the Rustic Superman theme that is all the rage these days, lol.  Oy, really the themes! It's not a Bar Mitzvah!  

13 hours ago, rlc said:

That’s an episode they should have given up on. It was bizarre and depressing.

Somewhere there is a production team daytime drinking (heavily) in a bar trying to forget their association with this episode.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, ichbin said:

I really don't buy the scenario for how that last wedding came about

Nope, not buying it either, these girls seem like they are not in the mindset of anything NYC related.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I must be one stone cold bitch, because my reaction to dumped bride was: Instant Karma. I couldn't figure out why this seemingly attractive, nice guy was marrying such a nasty piece of work. Then they showed the past pics of the couple and, well, I guess she was better looking then (though still featuring a massive five-head) and all I could think was "you'd better hustle up and lose that 'baby weight', 'cause your rancid personality ain't gonna bring the boys to the yard." Maybe I'm a tough critic, but I do not cotton to the whole playful-insults-are-cute thing. Her bitchy comments about mashed potatoes and getting everything she wants when she wants it... getting dumped could NOT have happened to a better person. (A last-minute dumping on national tv is NAGL for him either, but who would want to be tied to that harpy? Too bad there was a kid in the picture. Use condoms, y'all.)

But then the 4th wedding... I couldn't even bask in the glowing schadenfreude of a righteous comeuppance before my brain's logic center was assaulted with the wt-fuckery of that last load of steaming bullshit. What was the ostensible reason for her dropping out and saying "I just can't plan a wedding right now." Ya know, AFTER you signed up for a fucking wedding show, AFTER your ankle is healed. I guess TLC has borrowed a page from the HGTV House Hunters fakery book. I honestly assumed they were trying to spin off a show for the wedding planner who made an appearance. This whole episode really should have been canned.

But on the positive side, there was (drum roll, please): "Rustic Batman." I cannot stop laughing at that. Fun challenge: come up with a more ridiculous two-word wedding theme. "Fluorescent Stagecoach"? "Bondage Flamingo"?

I needed a full 10 minute recovery from that line in bold. Let's go to a party of someone we hate and you sit by me and provide the colorful commentary

I love the way Kool-Aid and the Gang low scored the last wedding which they planned. Also the winning wedding had 79 out of 150 points. Girl, just take the free honeymoon and leave the bragging rights at the door.

Rustic Batman - band name; called it

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

That episode was nuts!

Can I join in on the "Sarah deserved to be dumped" crowd? What a beyotch. From the "I saw your car at the pizza place" with eyebrows raise, to many, many rolley eyes to "this is vodka penne sauce, MINE will be much better" I could NOT wait for something rotten to happen to her.

And they low balled the wedding that they planned. Hilarious. I actually thought that was the best.

I ended up enjoying this episode because it was bonkers!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

That episode was nuts!

Can I join in on the "Sarah deserved to be dumped" crowd? What a beyotch. From the "I saw your car at the pizza place" with eyebrows raise, to many, many rolley eyes to "this is vodka penne sauce, MINE will be much better" I could NOT wait for something rotten to happen to her.

And they low balled the wedding that they planned. Hilarious. I actually thought that was the best.

I ended up enjoying this episode because it was bonkers!

I thought that was so odd how much they low balled that wedding.  I am like, but you planned it!  And I also thought that wedding was quite nice and personal--it was actually the best of all of them, lol.  As for the dumped bride, you all are kind of turning me around.  I wasn't paying close attention in the beginning, but you are right--she wasn't very nice.  

Share this post


Link to post

Dumped bride was bitchy, but, you'd think her fiance would've known that having been in a relationship with her. I wonder, being she was so enamored with how hot she felt he was, if she had an "oops", but not so oops, pregnancy. Maybe he went along given the baby, but never really wanted to marry her from the start.  He's still no better than her IMO, but they dodged a bullet - better no wedding than a divorce someday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

But on the positive side, there was (drum roll, please): "Rustic Batman." I cannot stop laughing at that. Fun challenge: come up with a more ridiculous two-word wedding theme.

I believe it was actually "Barnyard Batman".  One of the brides, I think Tracey (the virgin) actually said she thought there wan't enough Batman in the decorations.  

 

1 hour ago, alexa said:

I thought that was so odd how much they low balled that wedding.  I am like, but you planned it!  And I also thought that wedding was quite nice and personal--it was actually the best of all of them, lol.  As for the dumped bride, you all are kind of turning me around.  I wasn't paying close attention in the beginning, but you are right--she wasn't very nice.  

She also complained about the religious aspects of Tracey's wedding ceremony too.  It's not like she was being forced to convert, all she had to do was listen to a few God references during an otherwise typical ceremony (although, that couple did insist on doing the sand mingling which in my mind deserves negative comment).  Seeing her fashion sense I am sorry we were denied a look at her gown.  She came off as a real piece of work and appeared to see herself as the queen bee before she was dumped but in fairness appeared to become humbled after that occurred.  Let me also mention that these were supposed to be brides from the Bethlehem PA area and Sarah's wedding ceremony was going to be at a farm (remember how her potatoes were going to be grown there and therefore superior) in Andover NJ.  It's always delightful when guests have to drive an hour or more to a reception at the end of November when they weather in that area could possibly call for sleet or snow.  

I took note of the costs for this episode:

Jami / Barnyard Batman / 120 guests / $30K

Tracey / Forever Entwined / 100 guests / $20K

Sarah / Rustic Opulence / 200 guests / $60K - that must have been one hell of a tomato soup everyone missed out on

Megan / Winter Romance / 90 guests / $10K - claims to have lost $4K from deposits on canceled ceremony.  The NYC "elopement" (misnomer on this one) purportedly cost $6K for something like 25? guests.

Just remembered a few highlights regarding Tracey.  I wanted to scream at her when she and her husband to be were in the furniture store and she thought it appropriate to put her put her feet (and shoes) on the sofas.  Then at the end when she was crying about losing because she deserved it because of all the work they did and because they just moved into a new house too.  WTF....grow up girly!

Edited by ichbin · Reason: add last paragraph
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I could be wrong but I just think the whole dumped bride thing is manufactured drama. They may have been a couple in the past, but they never had any intentions of marrying. I give this show and many other TLC and WE shows the side eye because I just don't believe the drama is real.

Share this post


Link to post

Something about it seemed authentic to me, it's the bride who eloped that was giving me pause. Something seemed weird there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/28/2019 at 5:50 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

It gives me the giggles too, everyone knows it's the Rustic Superman theme that is all the rage these days, lol.  Oy, really the themes! It's not a Bar Mitzvah!  

Somewhere there is a production team daytime drinking (heavily) in a bar trying to forget their association with this episode.

You know, my theme was Vintage Paw Patrol and I find this offensive!!!  Actually my "theme" was "We are getting fu$*ing married."   (That is code for no theme at all.)  I have been to weddings where the groom is a Star Wars fan so the cake toppers are Star Wars or a groom's cake is Star Wars but to have it be your theme?  If I got an invite and saw the theme was BATMAN I would wonder how the heck the state let two 8 year olds get married.

Edited to add:  Since I think the cat is out of the bag per the called off wedding, how was it explained?  Like, "Here comes bride # 3:.......(insert screeching sound here) followed by an explanation?  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Edited to add:  Since I think the cat is out of the bag per the called off wedding, how was it explained?  Like, "Here comes bride # 3:.......(insert screeching sound here) followed by an explanation?  

When it came to her turn she was on camera saying he had called it off five weeks prior to the wedding.  Production treated it respectfully.  Lots more mystery surrounding the fourth wedding cancellation though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ichbin said:

When it came to her turn she was on camera saying he had called it off five weeks prior to the wedding.  Production treated it respectfully.  Lots more mystery surrounding the fourth wedding cancellation though. 

Two things:  1) Thank you and 2) WHAT?  There were TWO cancelled weddings?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Two things:  1) Thank you and 2) WHAT?  There were TWO cancelled weddings?  

This was a "Very Special Episode".  After the first canceled wedding segment the first two brides and the dumpee were shown together when they get a phone call from the fourth.  That wedding had been canceled too but the couple was still together.  Details were foggy on just exactly why.  Supposedly she did not have time to adequately prepare, although the wedding was still presumably on while she attended the first two ceremonies.  The other  three offered to plan a small ceremony for her.  As the story goes they planned an "elopement" ceremony at some high rise location in NYC.  So, they had three weddings but only the first two were eligible for the prize.  Very odd.  The fourth bride, by the way, was a cousin of the dumper groom.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Dumped bride was bitchy, but, you'd think her fiance would've known that having been in a relationship with her. I wonder, being she was so enamored with how hot she felt he was, if she had an "oops", but not so oops, pregnancy. Maybe he went along given the baby, but never really wanted to marry her from the start.  He's still no better than her IMO, but they dodged a bullet - better no wedding than a divorce someday.

I agree and I'm going up to ante up further and say he was diddling Mrs. Batman on the side.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have been to weddings where the groom is a Star Wars fan so the cake toppers are Star Wars or a groom's cake is Star Wars but to have it be your theme? 

I was invited to a friend's wedding a few years back, but did not go.  Didn't really know of anyone I knew who was going.  I later saw pictures of the wedding.  Basic wedding at a banquet hall, surprisingly since the bride's father is a minister at a very conservative fundamentalist church.  She had shades of blue I think - that was all to the theme, and do it yourself postcards for invitations (not in blue).  I mean if you have a 'color' then stick to it?  Color on invite not even close to wedding colors of blue.  Anyhow, I digress.

One entire long table and section of the reception hall was dedicated to the groom's live action role playing 'weapons'.   I think he had 'flags' and mini castle shit there too.  Looked like the bedroom of an 8 year old.  Some other friends and I were looking at it, and two of us said, oh hell no. The groom is our mutual friend, and we were like really?  He's mid-forties or older, what the holy hell is he thinking?  Then like maybe 3 or 4 weeks of them both posting extra sugary posts on Facebook (bride had to do check ins at every fucking place they ate or drank at - at Starbucks, at Baskin-Robbins, at McDonalds -seriously?  Happy you got a burger or a cone, but it's not newsworthy), no posts by either.  Radio silence.  Her profile - gone.  Every post he had of her - gone.  Gone from friend list.  Yep, divorced after 6 weeks.  He's now with another fiancée.  I should tell him - leave the LARF shit at home, not at reception.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/31/2019 at 6:30 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Two things:  1) Thank you and 2) WHAT?  There were TWO cancelled weddings?  

Mrs H, I missed it too and really sounds like it was a doozy! Dang! 

More themes we're bound to see: 

Barbie's Dream Wedding

Teletubbies Tie the Knot

Black Tie Emojis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, Beaner said:

Mrs H, I missed it too and really sounds like it was a doozy! Dang! 

More themes we're bound to see: 

Barbie's Dream Wedding

Teletubbies Tie the Knot

Black Tie Emojis

You are missing Fortnite and Minecraft

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

This thread has been inactive for a good while, but hopefully someone will see this and answer.

I am off for the summer, and have been enjoying the r eruns. I remember an early episode I haven't seen in ages. One of the brides was a singer. If I remember correctly, she had never missed her fiance. She wore a green elizabethan gown and sang an original song about how she would carry her husband's seed. What is the title of this one? I'm thinking I need to watch this soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I remember that in particular but all I could find was a picture & not the episode title, which drove me a bit nuts but I'm giving up now.  Maybe someone else knows or you've found it.

image.png.cd45024fa0ec9b63109f686aeb4d551b.png

Share this post


Link to post

That's her! I don't think they have this one in the rerun rotation, which is sad. Thanks for your effort!

Share this post


Link to post

I think what makes it more difficult is none of the other brides in that one stands out to me; I can't recall their themes, etc, just the one singing about carrying his seed LOL.  It's also difficult to find episodes because they often don't use the photo of the brides from that episode.

I haven't seen that one in the rotation either; when I do look at what they're running it's usually the same ones over & over.

I tend to forget about this thread now that it's become a "topic" & not a forum, but will try to remember to check here more often.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Patti Jean said:

That's her! I don't think they have this one in the rerun rotation, which is sad. Thanks for your effort!

Hey I believe I found it!  It's "...and a hurricane", & is the one featuring the hand puppet as 'ring bearer'. Can't believe I forgot about that LOL.

Whew... that was bugging me, which is quite concerning. 🤨

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently, there were several of us it was bugging.  "And a Hurricane" was the one that the one bride's wedding was scheduled during Hurricane Sandy, right?

I remember the puppet bride too.  That's hard to forget, although the seed carrier sort of overshadowed her a good bit. 😁

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to your help, I just enjoyed this episode.  Maybe the reason it is not on the rotation is that the brides are really pretty nice to each other.

It is on the TLC page, and since Dish Network, our provider, was on that list, I watched it for free.

Share this post


Link to post

There was a rerun yesterday, that had a 'dry' wedding, instead of the usual booze fest.   Another bride said, "They should have at least had a cash bar then".     And she didn't seem to be joking.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's sort of sad that people feel you need to have a bar at a wedding for it to be fun.  We did have alcohol at our wedding nearly 30 years ago.  My son and his wife got married 1 1/2 years ago.  Her stepfather is an ugly drunk, as well as several others in her family.  They had the wedding at the performing arts center of the Methodist college they attended (like Colleen of the "carry your seed" fame) and the reception at the dining complex.  It was dry, but it was very nice. Some of the bride's family had imbibed, but they were pretty mellow and left to drink somewhere else.  I really don't have anything against people that indulge.  I stopped drinking when I got pregnant with my nearly 28 year old and just didn't take it up again.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Patti Jean said:

"And a Hurricane" was the one that the one bride's wedding was scheduled during Hurricane Sandy, right?

It was Hurricane Irene that time.

There was another one in New England that had Sandy blow in the same day. The only thing it changed was a tent was needed but at least they had a 'plan b', & she won. That was the same one with the beekeepers who had the beehive cake sweetened with their own honey; I thought that was great.

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure why I have suddenly been watching a lot of these recently.  I save them to the DVR so I can ff thru the narration parts about scoring and also the commercials.  Even though I have seen most of them before, I will still watch because I cannot remember who won. 

I did see one where there are 4 women in the St Louis area who are all related or friends.  Does anyone know if this was the pilot for the series (I couldn't find the first broadcast date, but I guess I could google it) and they judged them in 5 categories, but only had the votes of one bride per wedding.  It seemed awkward, and I can understand why they changed.

Share this post


Link to post

I believed they did the total scoring right after each wedding for some of the first season, then it dawned on the production crew that the more competitive brides were down grading the competition, so they went to the one score each, and the total at the end.   I can still tell the most competitive ones, because they seem to deliberately slam the other bride that is going to score higher.   

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I always thought it would be more fair if 4 brides from one episode judged 4 brides' weddings from another episode. There would be no selfish reason to downgrade the others for your own interests. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2019 at 8:39 PM, Twopper said:

Not sure why I have suddenly been watching a lot of these recently.  I save them to the DVR so I can ff thru the narration parts about scoring and also the commercials.  Even though I have seen most of them before, I will still watch because I cannot remember who won. 

I did see one where there are 4 women in the St Louis area who are all related or friends.  Does anyone know if this was the pilot for the series (I couldn't find the first broadcast date, but I guess I could google it) and they judged them in 5 categories, but only had the votes of one bride per wedding.  It seemed awkward, and I can understand why they changed.

Okay, so I looked and this episode was shown as season 6 episode 1 so I am confused about the judging.  They had only one bride give her 5 scores for each wedding so I didn't get a feel for how the others felt about the categories.   I like when each of the three brides give their overall experience score.  Also it ran nearly 90 minutes on On Demand which means it must have been a 2 hour show.

Share this post


Link to post

"Four Weddings" has been my mindless summer binge-watch, after finding three seasons on Hulu and then discovering I could watch the entire series on TLC website.

Like everyone else here, I love to hate-watch BLAN bride and Dracula-Marie, but a couple of things I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned. One bride took off points from another's overall score because "the potatoes at the potato bar were smooth, and I like mine lumpy." Seriously?? 

And then there was the princess bride wannabe who had three dresses and talked about being in love with her shoes. At the reception, one of the guest brides (I think it might have been the one having the same-sex wedding with the rainbow theme) said, "She must not have one of those friends who would tell her not to (change three times), I'd have told her!" I thought that was awesome!

And the Charleston weddings where two of the brides had college mascots was interesting. I live in South Carolina, and I've been several times to the aircraft carrier where one of the receptions was held. I can't remember what time of year these weddings took place, but it must not have been summer because the USS Yorktown is hotter than the back door of hell during the summer. But blonde-haired pearl-clutcher cracked me up with her very Southern primness. She and the winning bride seemed to have a fun a connection, though. "Do you want to lay your head on my bosom?" when the 33 attendants were walking up the aisle.

Then there was the bride who didn't know what zucchini was. "I'm eating broccoli. That's a normal vegetable!"

I love this show, but my teenage son is concerned that I'm leaking IQ points as a result.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have watched this show off and on for about two years, in daytime reruns while caring for my dying mother, which meant it never got my full attention.  But now after a recent all day marathon I have started recording the shows so I can really watch and judge these years old weddings.  I am single and my wedding days are mostly over (funerals are my jam now), and I realize that weddings have fads like everything else, but geez.  I am so glad I missed mashed potato bars (the only thing I want on my mashed potatoes is gravy and lots of it), photo booths, candy bars, mascot appearances, bouquet pumping, choreographed dances, cocktail hours with signature drinks and way too much food.  I am sorry I missed Viennese tables.  As I look back at all the weddings I have been to, I don't remember the food at all.  I remember my friends in their wedding gowns/dresses and I mostly remember the fun dancing at the reception.  There was only one memorable wedding cake: a carrot cake back in the 80s before it was a thing and I still remember how delicious it was, but that's about it.  Bad receptions have been forgotten.  Oh, except for one: I was the ONLY single woman at a second marriage and caught the bouquet (a ridiculous ritual) and the "man" who caught the garter was an 8 year old boy, because there were no single men.  Yeah, I won't forget that embarassment.  But take heart in that, future brides.  No one will remember the blan chicken or steak or tilapia (unless it's recorded for posterity on Four Weddings!), but your guests will remember a good time!

(Still haven't seen Blan bride or Dracula Marie in reruns, but I have the series recording so I wait in breathless anticipation!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

(Still haven't seen Blan bride or Dracula Marie in reruns, but I have the series recording so I wait in breathless anticipation!)

Blan bride is completely worth your time. Very sorry about your mother. I hope the sometimes catty brides help.

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure why I have suddenly started binge-watching so many episodes.  Most of them I have seen in past years, but although I remember some of the brides, I seldom recall which one won.   I think also it is because my daughter married 3 years ago, and it is interesting to see what other brides have done.  I probably average going to 2-3 weddings in a year, and it is interesting to note changes to tradition over the last half century (this makes me feel so old.  I think I was 3 at my first wedding--helped carry the train)

I used to live in New Orleans so I really enjoyed some of those episodes; one was in a parish that I attended.   I wish they would have a season of DC brides (if they have, I have missed it) and more Atlanta ones as well.  

It is interesting to see a few regional differences like the cookie tables at Pittsburg weddings.  Also I learned that no officiant is needed in PA.

Have now seen 3 of the horrid 2-hour shows.  No Ky, Florida, and St Louis.  I did notice that the J'ville brides were at a Cooper's Hawk Winery.   https://chwinery.com/locations

I love how the weddings evolved.   The earlier seasons seem mostly to be the wedding and reception.  Then suddenly almost all the weddings added a cocktail hour which in some cases seem to have more food than the later dinner at the reception.    Our daughter had a mini cocktail hour that was probably about 30-40 minutes of open bar with heavy passed hors d'oeuvres.   The main reason she did that was that we weren't really sure exactly how long the Nuptial Mass would run and we didn't want people arriving at the reception venue and not being able to eat something.  It was only about 3 miles from the parish, but most of the guests were from out of town and were ubering or carpooling in rentals.  She also had 2 signature drinks. 

There is often mention of the uneaten food at these receptions.  We had a wonderful caterer who packed up the left-overs for us. 

I think if I were a bride on this show I would give the first wedding a 6, which would allow me to give the other weddings higher scores if they deserved it or go lower if they weren't as good.    (This is the way I score speeches when I am a judge).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just came across this old article.  Not sure which episode she was on, but she makes many of the same comments I would make.  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-top-10-i-guarantee-it_b_8211378

I just saw two older shows. Not sure if I have the titles exactly correct --"Musical Chairs  (Pennsylvania-2010)" and "Yellow Brick Road (Chicago, 2012)."

Not sure if this is always a pattern, but in both the youngest bride (Aly 23 and Alana 22) were both the most critical and/or snarky.  Alana's wedding was an hour late because her bouquet had not arrived.  If you start your wedding more than 30 minutes late, there better be a better reason than a missing bouquet as far as I am concerned.  A car accident or sudden death in the family comes to mind as a valid reason to be late.

I am not a fan of people writing their own vows.   A vow is a promise, and most of the personal vows seem to be odes in praise of the spouse or a history of their lives together.  They can be sweet, but toss in a promise to love and cherish and to be supportive thru thick and thin. 

I am not a fan of most outdoor weddings either because weather is usually unpredictable except for Arizona where it is dry and hot.  Also make sure your venue is not under the approach to a major airport or next to train tracks or heavily traveled main roads.

Based on the above, I guess I would be a snarky guest bride, too.  

I wonder  which brides are now divorced.

Oops, someone said candy cannot be favors.  We had Mozart balls direct from Vienna as favors.  Glad we had no idea that was a no-no. 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I just saw two older shows. Not sure if I have the titles exactly correct --"Musical Chairs  (Pennsylvania-2010)" and "Yellow Brick Road (Chicago, 2012)."

Not sure if this is always a pattern, but in both the youngest bride (Aly 23 and Alana 22) were both the most critical and/or snarky.  Alana's wedding was an hour late because her bouquet had not arrived.  If you start your wedding more than 30 minutes late, there better be a better reason than a missing bouquet as far as I am concerned.  A car accident or sudden death in the family comes to mind as a valid reason to be late.

I saw the one with Alana today, too. She was pretty bitchy, I thought, and very very picky. I was glad she came in last.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, Twopper said:

Not sure why I have suddenly started binge-watching so many episodes.  Most of them I have seen in past years, but although I remember some of the brides, I seldom recall which one won. 

I think if I were a bride on this show I would give the first wedding a 6, which would allow me to give the other weddings higher scores if they deserved it or go lower if they weren't as good.    (This is the way I score speeches when I am a judge).

I agree, but I would start at a 7, because that's smack dab in the middle of the top half, and unless there's cold pizza and warm soda and stools for chairs and broken glass on the dance floor, how bad can a four hour event be? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×