Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Kudove

I'm giving this show another shot because of Blair Underwood.

But geez it's still so damn stupid. 

Alex and Ryan are still boring and annoying as fuck. I can't (but totally can) believe those two doofuses were arguing about their relationship drama right before jumping out of a plane.

And I see they still kept ridiculous task of the week. 

Only for you, Blair Underwood, only for you.

• Love 6

Alex and Ryan are still boring and annoying as fuck. I can't (but totally can) believe those two doofuses were arguing about their relationship drama right before jumping out of a plane.

Way to maintain a cover, while constantly bicker and be seen talking to each other.

• Love 2

Tell me I wasn't hallucinating!  Did the title card actually say "Quan2co?!"  Did they just totally Fast & the Furious, Quantico?!  Good grief!  I guess next season will be Quantico Drift!  Way to kick things off with a laugh, show.

Anyway, this show is back.  So, lets see if I got this straight.  This season is going to be about Alex and Ryan being recruited to join the CIA, but it's really because they think Blair Underwood (well, Owen, to be exact.  It's not like he's playing himself, although that wouldn't be far fetched for this show...) is actually using this to recruit agents for some kind of terrorist organization.  But it features on the Quantico staples: twists (Alex's friend is actually Owen's daughter and a trainer!), tests where the winner doesn't matter and it is never what it seems, relationship drama, trust issues, and Priyanka Chopra looking beautiful, since this is clearly the show's selling point.  Yup, don't see anything new on this front.

But then we've got the present stuff, which is apparently about a terrorist group who his holding the G2 summit hostage, which happens to have Ryan, Raina, and a whole bunch of the new recruits there as a well.  Also Alex is inside the blocked off zone, so I'm sure she'll be trying to save the day.  Oh, and Shelby is just there on the outside.  But this terrorist group already executed the First Lady even after the President gave into their demands, so they already have shown they can't be trusted, so I won't understand why anyone would listen to them going forward, if they're just going to kill people anyway.

I would say more, but I'm still not over the fact that someone thought Quan2co was a good idea.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Tell me I wasn't hallucinating!  Did the title card actually say "Quan2co?!"  Did they just totally Fast & the Furious, Quantico?!  Good grief!  I guess next season will be Quantico Drift!  Way to kick things off with a laugh, show.

Anyway, this show is back.  So, lets see if I got this straight.  This season is going to be about Alex and Ryan being recruited to join the CIA, but it's really because they think Blair Underwood (well, Owen, to be exact.  It's not like he's playing himself, although that would be far fetched for this show...) is actually using this to recruit agents for some kind of terrorist organization.  But it features on the Quantico staples: twists (Alex's friend is actually Owen's daughter and a trainer!), tests where the winner doesn't matter and it is never what it seems, relationship drama, trust issues, and Priyanka Chopra looking beautiful, since this is clearly the show's selling point.  Yup, don't see anything new on this front.

But then we've got the present stuff, which is apparently about a terrorist group who his holding the G2 summit hostage, which happens to have Ryan, Raina, and a whole bunch of the new recruits there as a well.  Also Alex is inside the blocked off zone, so I'm sure she'll be trying to save the day.  Oh, and Shelby is just there on the outside.  But this terrorist group already executed the First Lady even after the President gave into their demands, so they already have shown they can't be trusted, so I won't understand why anyone would listen to them going forward, if they're just to kill people anyway.

I would say more, but I'm still not over the fact that someone thought Quan2co was a good idea.

I missed the Quan2co nonsense.  XD.

Yep, it's the same, only the CIA instead of FBI and infiltrating the group again with yet another terrorist attack in the cold open.

How did nobody on the plane here their fight? Doing that on the plane was stupid. I guess they get engaged, break-up and he has a new girl friend he works with?

I really did enjoy the episode though, lots of action and story to put together. Like the new recruits and new cast.

Missed Caleb. 

• Love 1

How did nobody on the plane here their fight? Doing that on the plane was stupid. I guess they get engaged, break-up and he has a new girl friend he works with?

Not to mention they've bickered several times in front of people.

• Love 1

Is NYC ever going to get a chance to rebuild?  A year after S1 repeated bombings, and now this.  I'd be looking into the construction contractors after this episode. 

Season 1, 2.0.  The CIA, after investing who knows how much time and money investigating possible recruits, sets up yet another Survivor-style breakdown to see who the final four are.  Stupid.  And I'd be really pissed if I was the recruit that got the message at 1pm, and everybody else came straggling in that night.  Will they be sharing shower rooms?  And I'm waiting to see how revealing the uniforms are this season.

Producers:  If you're going to show them in flight in a DC-3, at least show them exiting a DC-3.  They're still around.  Never mind the utter stupidity of "testing" recruits via an activity that can get you killed even if you are trained.  That, and unless the plane was circling the drop zone, it would have been 20 miles away by the time the two lovebirds got over their fight.  And, finally, what the hell kind of organization needlessly sacrifices it operatives before they even get to the mission, because "the mission is everything?"

The premise of this season is even more outlandish.  There's a rogue CIA group that wants to remove the leashes on the agency's behavior, and it's these two fuckups' job to find out who they are.  News flash.  The CIA kills people.  That's what they do.  Do you think there will be the slightest hesitation on the cabal's part to whack Alex and Ryan.  The only real question is, will there be any competition for Priyanka's hair this season?

• Love 5

So we have the exact same plot as last season? Alex and Ryan at a training place with a bunch of hot people who act like it's summer camp and have manipulative teachers? Some on the "good" team is actually a terrorist? There's a disaster in the present in NYC and Alex is running around playing hero?

I knew that other woman was playing Alex in the bar. It was super obvious she was the Andy card. I didn't know she was faking the broken parachute though.

So Alex was only fake fired from the FBI last season? Did she know that when it happened or did they wait until the CIA recruited her? I'm guessing the writers didn't really know what they wanted to do this season at that point. If the terrorists were able to write in English to deliver the message Shelby, why did they need a translater at the summit? And if talking to the terrorists was part of the plan, why not bring their own? If no one understood them they'd be screwed. I guess it was the UN, so there chances were good.

How does the CIA not know Alex and Ryan are together? And are they broken up in the present scenes? I wasn't paying a ton of attention.

If I lived in this shows universe I would never go to New York City.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

So is Caleb gone?

I expect he will quit law school if the plot contrivance demands.

I'll admit I giggled at Quant2co.

I still enjoy this show, but even I have to admit "you were fired from the FBI to be recruited for the CIA only to secretly join the FBI again" treads pretty close to "your father's brother's cousin's former roommate" [/Spaceballs] territory.

The British guy is so familiar -- I feel like I've seen him on Doctor Who. And the co-director I believe is from The Originals, where she was nearly equally as annoying. My jaw dropped when she called Blair Underwood "Dad," though -- I'm so used to completely inappropriate age-difference relationships that I was not expecting them to make him her father.

I also did a double-take at Alex characterizing Simon as her best friend, but I guess they did go through a lot together.

Other than having no clue who Alex works for, not a bad premiere by this silly show's standards.

• Love 1

I still enjoy this show, but even I have to admit "you were fired from the FBI to be recruited for the CIA only to secretly join the FBI again" treads pretty close to "your father's brother's cousin's former roommate" [/Spaceballs] territory.

The British guy is so familiar -- I feel like I've seen him on Doctor Who. And the co-director I believe is from The Originals, where she was nearly equally as annoying. My jaw dropped when she called Blair Underwood "Dad," though -- I'm so used to completely inappropriate age-difference relationships that I was not expecting them to make him her father.

I also did a double-take at Alex characterizing Simon as her best friend, but I guess they did go through a lot together.

Other than having no clue who Alex works for, not a bad premiere by this silly show's standards.

The British guy was on Doctor Who. He played Alonso, the lowly ship's mate who stands up to the devious capital of the Titanic, allowing the Doctor to say something he's always wanted to say: "Allons-y Alonso!"

• Love 1
15 hours ago, mertensia said:

So....leaving your buddy to die instead of helping them survive is what the CIA wants? Man, I hope these agents have their wills up to date.

Australian guy is going to bug.

Why Swahili? 

Even more messed up than the FBI agents at Quantico and their 'rules'.

11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

So we have the exact same plot as last season? Alex and Ryan at a training place with a bunch of hot people who act like it's summer camp and have manipulative teachers? Some on the "good" team is actually a terrorist? There's a disaster in the present in NYC and Alex is running around playing hero?

I knew that other woman was playing Alex in the bar. It was super obvious she was the Andy card. I didn't know she was faking the broken parachute though.

So Alex was only fake fired from the FBI last season? Did she know that when it happened or did they wait until the CIA recruited her? I'm guessing the writers didn't really know what they wanted to do this season at that point. If the terrorists were able to write in English to deliver the message Shelby, why did they need a translater at the summit? And if talking to the terrorists was part of the plan, why not bring their own? If no one understood them they'd be screwed. I guess it was the UN, so there chances were good.

How does the CIA not know Alex and Ryan are together? And are they broken up in the present scenes? I wasn't paying a ton of attention.

If I lived in this shows universe I would never go to New York City.

Same plot, just switch out FBI for CIA, etc.

Alex/Ryan have made themselves so obvious, that you'd have to be as braindead as these characters are not to notice.

7 hours ago, Eolivet said:

The British guy is so familiar -- I feel like I've seen him on Doctor Who.

In addition to Dr. Who, he was one of the leads of the original UK Being Human, and he was on an episode of Sherlock. I actually tuned in last night just for him (Russell Tovey), and I was not disappointed. I'm hoping his character is the new Simon... seemingly shady but really OK, selling the hell out of the less than stellar writing, and dead at the end of the season so the actor  can go on to bigger and better things. (Not that that seems to have worked out for Tate Ellington yet, unfortunately...)

I'll admit I kind of forgot how much fun this dumb show is, if only for snark watching. Did Ryan really spill his whole "I'm just faking being your advisor to help you out" plan right in front of one of the terrorist guys? Surely someone who's a master liar should consider that the terrorist may be lying about his inability to speak English...

Speaking of Ryan, he was looking pretty scar-free for a guy who got shot eighty times in season one, no?

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Yeah, I was expecting the two instructors to start making out, not a parent-child reveal.

• Love 2

I vowed that I wouldn't come back to watch a second season of this crapfest.  I tuned in for a bit and confirmed that nothing has changed.  This show is as awful as ever.

Last season I dragged my way through this show because I needed to see it through to the end.  Even after it got ridiculous.  I can't do that to myself again.  Especially when "How to Get Away With Murder" does ridiculous and convoluted and time jump so much better.  And when "Designated Survivor" does action and suspense so much better.

What it comes down to in the end for me is that I have too much TV to watch and no time to waste anymore on a piece of shit show like this one.  Viola Davis and Kiefer Sutherland bring star power and magnetism to their roles.   Sadly, as cool as it is to have an Indian woman as the lead actress on an American TV show, it doesn't take away the fact that she is an utterly craptacular actress.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

Pryanka Chopra, Blair Underwood & Jake McLaughlin deserve better. 

Blair Underwood definitely deserves better.  But Priyanka Chopra and Jake McLaughlin are awful, and since the show considers these two the stars of the show, they are a huge reason why the show stinks to high heaven.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

But Priyanka Chopra and Jake McLaughlin are awful, and since the show considers these two the stars of the show, they are a huge reason why the show stinks to high heaven.

Eh, I think they do their best with the crap they're given. They certainly don't rise above it like some of their co-stars, but I don't they're horrible actors. Just... mediocre.  McLaughlin in particular has had a few decent moments, though sadly not when he's with Chopra.

Sigh.  All I can say is it looked like Miranda let a poodle die on her head. 

I do enjoy this ridiculous show.  It's the only one where the characters are required to all strip down to their underwear for no real reason, and I guess sleeping naked is supposed to be an affront to a pious person? 

• Love 3

I did forget to mention how much this show seems to suggest that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies are incompetent.  Just think, within the world of Quantico, over a two year period, there have been three massive terrorist attacks on New York City.  In fact, this attack is so massive that the First Lady apparently just had her head chopped off via live streaming.  Maybe they should look into reallocating the massive budget dedicated solely to giving certain female agents perfect hair, and see if that can go into better training.    

• Love 4
14 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Eh, I think they do their best with the crap they're given. They certainly don't rise above it like some of their co-stars, but I don't they're horrible actors. Just... mediocre.  McLaughlin in particular has had a few decent moments, though sadly not when he's with Chopra.

ITA. Chopra, McLaughlin, Underwood and Russell Tovey have had their moments, but the writing is terrible. They try their best, but like the saying goes, "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit." 

• Love 2
On September 27, 2016 at 0:39 PM, Watt said:

I love this stupid show.

For me, I'd have to amend that to 'I love to hate this stupid show' because I swear to god, it's the worst show on tv, but I can't seem to quit it. How is it so implausible? Literally, what do they talk about in the writers' room? Am I giving them too much credit even assuming they *have* a writers' room?

and yet, here I am....

• Love 3
On 9/28/2016 at 6:37 AM, txhorns79 said:

I did forget to mention how much this show seems to suggest that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies are incompetent.  Just think, within the world of Quantico, over a two year period, there have been three massive terrorist attacks on New York City.  In fact, this attack is so massive that the First Lady apparently just had her head chopped off via live streaming.  Maybe they should look into reallocating the massive budget dedicated solely to giving certain female agents perfect hair, and see if that can go into better training.    

I speculated last season that the entire series is a disinformation campaign coordinated between ABC and the Government to depict our intelligence agencies as inept. The premiere did nothing to convince me otherwise.

Alex's hair is more relaxed this season, which is presumably to highlight how relaxed she and Booth are in their relationship. Now, of course, there is tension, so I expect a ponytail sometime soon. Also, Checkov's engagement ring will reappear either in the final ep of the season or when one or the other seems near death.

Alex is lucky that all her opponents want to choke her. A standard one-two punch would take her out of the proceedings. She has no defense strategy.

FLOTUS was way too patriotic to live, so I assume she has a past transgression that will be revealed in time. Also, technically "they" did not take an oath to serve the country. The only two-for-one was the Clintons, which is why they are possibly getting a third term. Her husband might have mentioned that. Heck, she could have announced plans to divorce to keep her head.

The time jumping worked better last season. 

11 hours ago, torqy said:

I'm wearing a C-collar because I suffered whiplash from the abrupt present-past-present-past shifts.

That said, I'll stick around to see just how absurd this season can get.

The flashbacks is their slight of hand they hope if they switch the timeline back and forth quickly some won't realize this show is utter crap. Can't explain why I am watching still, guess I was mesmerized by Priyanka's new hair style.

• Love 1

I've always like Ryan better with anyone else than Alex but especially Nimah. They worked great as partners.

Missed Caleb as well.

I can't believe Alex got pissed at Ryan when he showed up at the Sooper Secret! meeting when she was there too. And then arguing in front of their FBI and CIA bosses and huffing that this wasn't right/fair? I can't with these two.

Henry Czerny deserves better, too.

On 9/27/2016 at 3:26 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

In addition to Dr. Who, he was one of the leads of the original UK Being Human, and he was on an episode of Sherlock. I actually tuned in last night just for him (Russell Tovey), and I was not disappointed. I'm hoping his character is the new Simon... seemingly shady but really OK, selling the hell out of the less than stellar writing, and dead at the end of the season so the actor  can go on to bigger and better things. (Not that that seems to have worked out for Tate Ellington yet, unfortunately...)

I gave up Quantico at the half way mark last season (couldn't be bothered to pick up after the winter break) but I came across the news that Russell Tovey was in it, so I had to come back this year. *sigh*. I'm in till he dies, I guess. But at least I'll be enjoying myself if they have him shirtless &/or speaking. And he can generate chemistry with an empty bottle, so there's that too. 

Edited by romantic idiot
  • Love 1