Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Thanks for the welcome!  :-)

Yes, the 'Be quiet, Heather's father' bit cracked me up too!  lol

I read the posts here before watching the shows at night, so I really noticed the plaintiff with the tipped back head.  Since I watch right before going to sleep, I some times miss these details.  It really bothered me for some reason, but I am glad she got some money back.  My math is shaky at times too, but yeah...not a 60 year old car.

The pig and the cat plaintiff needed to be bitch slapped off the show. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the welcome!  :-)

Yes, the 'Be quiet, Heather's father' bit cracked me up too!  lol

I read the posts here before watching the shows at night, so I really noticed the plaintiff with the tipped back head.  Since I watch right before going to sleep, I some times miss these details.  It really bothered me for some reason, but I am glad she got some money back.  My math is shaky at times too, but yeah...not a 60 year old car.

The pig and the cat plaintiff needed to be bitch slapped off the show. 

Was she the one who kept trying to talk over JJ? I turned off an episode because I can't stand when people do that, and that may have been the one.

I think the theme of the first (rerun) episode was "bizarre mouths." In the first case, we had the toothless methface. In the second case, we had the perm woman with a Muppet mouth, and I don't know what was up with the defendant's face situation.

The second (rerun) episode was full of unfortunate events, starting with the sisters fighting over a guy who resembles Mr. Roper from Three's Company. He wanted his fashionable apparel back...he loved that sheepskin coat so much, he mentioned it twice. In the second case, the arguing cousins both needed a good shampooing.

In the last case, the boss getting toolshop kickbacks needs to step up her wig game.

• Love 2

Rerun: when you get 8K for a car accident settlement and you claim you're going to need back surgery, why the hell would you use that money for a Disney vacation? And this guy is a lawyer who can't keep his story straight - no way would I trust him to represent me.

• Love 2

Was she the one who kept trying to talk over JJ?

She did just keep blethering along but what was even more annoying was her string of "I apologize, your Honour", "I'm sorry". Don't be sorry, you fool who bought a car older than dirt because somehow the death of your mother made you really REALLY want it. Just STFU. Believe me, she was irritating enough without the histrionics and run-on babbling.

the plaintiff always had her head tipped back (I know this is a stupid complaint on my part...but it was so strange and got on my nerves).

I give her a pass on that. I think lowering her head may have cut off her airway.

• Love 1

Was she the one who kept trying to talk over JJ? I turned off an episode because I can't stand when people do that, and that may have been the one.

Yes, she did.  And JJ told her that it wasn't looking good (for her case) and she replied 'I disagree'.  lol  If the judge who is determining the winner/loser of the case states it's doens't look good for you, then it doesn't look good for you. 

• Love 3

In the second case, the arguing cousins both needed a good shampooing.

Was this the case where JJ ultimately decided the plantiff was suing the wrong person? I saw Googly Eyes to the immediate left of the defendant & lost focus. (Can't.look.away...)

Was this the case where JJ ultimately decided the plantiff was suing the wrong person? I saw Googly Eyes to the immediate left of the defendant & lost focus. (Can't.look.away...)

Yes, the defendant's former boyfriend had taken the car. The defendant claimed she didn't know how to find the guy....then JJ confirmed that the def. knew where his mother lives AND the mother's address was written on the police statement. So, she told the girls to go to the mother and find out how to get in touch with the guy.

• Love 1

The cousins case was weird...I don't get why she wouldn't have gone after the guy in the first place.

Having once seen Googly Eyes, its hard to not keep looking for her!  How does she have so much free time to be there?  Maybe one day she will have an actual case!  lol 

Did root canal boy have more than one tooth?

Does anyone know when there will be new episodes?

• Love 2

Did root canal boy have more than one tooth?

If he did, it won't be for long. That blank-eyed stare of his got a little more confused when JJ talked about how he should've brushed more as a child.

• Love 2

Rerun with the sad case of the father suing his son and his son's fiancee. This case pissed me off more than it did the first time. The father got over $200K and he needs his son and his fiancee to reimburse him for a few thousand dollars for a window. I mean, his son is an adult so he's not obligated to help his son out, but...come on. You're not struggling if you can foot the bill to begin with. His son seemed really hurt. I get the feeling he was a shit father and wanted to help to make amends of sorts, but then he was let off the hook because he figures his son was stiffing him on the windows. 

Then he says they're gonna go their separate ways. Yes, because it's that fucking serious that you would cut ties with your own son. They're fucking windows, dude. I could see if this was the latest instance of his deadbeat son pumping him for money and then stiffing him on repayment, but if they were estranged he probably hasn't done fuck for his son to begin with.

• Love 3

Rerun with the sad case of the father suing his son and his son's fiancee. This case pissed me off more than it did the first time.

It seemed to be "Reruns of the Most Irritating Litigants Day" today. I agree. Window Dad was beyond infuriating with his long-winded and pompous blethering. He knows his son and girlfriend together barely make enough to feed themselves yet he thinks they can pay him thousands of dollars? I can see why father/son have had a bad relationship.

Normally I happily watch reruns but had to skip those two incoherent, brain-dead morons with the hot tub cover. Ugh.

I should have also skipped the optical shop kerfuffle. All parties drove JJ nearly mad. Who the hell buys a bunch of equipment for someone she doesn't even know to put in a shop she has no vested interest in, other than being a sometime employee? How do any of these people manage to survive day to day? Elizabeth just couldn't keep her big, ugly floppy pie hole shut and had her counter claim dismissed. She needed an ass-kicking to go with that.

• Love 6
Normally I happily watch reruns but had to skip those two incoherent, brain-dead morons with the hot tub cover. Ugh.

Consider yourself at least a bit lucky! Last week, my 7:00 JJ was the same episode as the 7:30 JJ. Today, I kid you not they are rerunning, DURING THE SAME EPISODE, the hot tub cover case. It's probably the fault of the half-baked channel I watch JJ on, but still ridiculous and annoying nonetheless.

Kinda confused about the one I saw today: Ex-tenants sue their former landlord.

I started watching this towards the middle/end of the case. so i'm kinda lost as to what happened here. They moved out or were evicted and left their furniture in the house. The landlord put their stuff in storage. The landlord said that if they pay the $150 storage unit fee they can have their stuff.  She didn't think  they should have to pay the storage fee to get their stuff even though they left owing a lot of back rent.

Why ?

Kinda confused about the one I saw today: Ex-tenants sue their former landlord.

I started watching this towards the middle/end of the case. so i'm kinda lost as to what happened here. They moved out or were evicted and left their furniture in the house. The landlord put their stuff in storage. The landlord said that if they pay the $150 storage unit fee they can have their stuff.  She didn't think  they should have to pay the storage fee to get their stuff even though they left owing a lot of back rent.

Why ?

She didn't think SHE had to pay, because her name wasn't on the lease.  But it was her stuff, so she felt that the landlord owed HER for keeping her stuff.  I got the very strong impression that they had perfected the "my name is not on the lease so I'm not legally responsible for unpaid rent" scam.  So HE walks out on the lease, and she gets to just stand there looking all innocent.

Not workin' well for her, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, thank you  It wasn't just her stuff that was in the storage unit, it was the boyfriend's furniture/stuff also. Right ?

He lived there with her. so why didn't he think that he should have to pay the bill for the unit  to get the stuff back ?

Was it just her suit  against the landlord ?

Edited by Taylorh2

Was it just her suit  against the landlord ?

I couldn't tell from her story whose stuff it was, but the landlord had sold off some of the furniture, kept the personal stuff and paid about 3 months storage on it - remarkably nice of him - and was, IIRC, counter suing for at least 2 months rent, since they moved out on July 2 and he wasn't even aware of it till nearly the end of the month, and the lease was for longer than that.

Neither of them thought they should have to pay the storage, I'd bet because the landlord had just done it on his own, instead of dumping their junk on Storage Wars where it belonged.

I knew as soon as JJ started the "Did you live there in March? Did you pay rent in March?... April... May..." that we were going to get a lease walkout, and she has no sympathy for those.

• Love 1

JJ was "egreged" today at having to award money to a lying plantiff. For some reason, the woman lied about residing in an apartment with her daughter for a year. She basically busted herself by saying "I don't know the address, would you like me to read it?" I was squinting but unable to make out the daughter's chest tattoo.

The case after that was funny at first with the "puppy daddy" remark. Soon after that, I became as annoyed as JJ.

The third case that episode was surprising only because the sweet-faced defendant had been on lockdown for over a year.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1

I was squinting but unable to make out the daughter's chest tattoo.

From what I could see it said, "I don't need a rea..." I suspect the last word was "reason" but the tattoo should have read, "I am a smug loser with poor judgment."

Edited by Guest

Please bear with me for a Googly Eyes question.  I also saw Googly Eyes (GE) during the case of the dueling cousins with bad hair.  GE was sitting to the left of the defendant and GE had very severely cut bangs.

But the person *I* thought was Googly Eyes was in a different case this past week.  This GE also had bangs but not as severely cut and she was sitting to the left of the plaintiff, the asshole dad who was suing his son and his son's fiancee for the windows.

So which one is Googly Eyes, or is this in fact The Same Girl I'm seeing over the span of several years?  God, it's making me nuts and I'm obsessing way too much about this girl.

Back to the actual show now, the woman who was suing the "real cute" guy for $600 to repair his van so he could start his dream business.  I thought she said that dream business was a "mobile cow wash."  Those were some strong Mississippi accents right there!

Edited by Oosala
  • Love 1

Yesterday's 2014 rerun something about a car I think where JJ told the plaintiff something about don't fall into his wife's stupidity -  4 litigants with about 6 teeth among them.  You can tell I was too appalled/transfixed by the bad dental care to even pay attention to the stupidity of the case.

• Love 1

The third case that episode was surprising only because the sweet-faced defendant had been on lockdown for over a year.

Yes. JJ was asking the usual as in have you been hospitalized, in the military, in jail etc. I expected JJ to do a double take when that the answer to jail was "Yes." Surely can't judge a book by its cover. I so wanted to know what she did to end up in the slammer.

• Love 2

Just caught a rerun where a woman was suing her friend / employee for taking her car without permission (according to her) to complete a cleaning job while she was away.  The plaintiff proceeded to tell a completely different story than the one she had signed, sworn to, and submitted.  She then had the nerve to look incredulous when JJ confronted her with that fact.  Newsflash asshat litigants:  JJ reads the shit you submit.

• Love 3

She then had the nerve to look incredulous when JJ confronted her with that fact.

That has always been one of my favorite things - litigants who stand there shaking their heads like oxen trying to rid themselves of flies, or in one case actually saying, "That's a lie" or "That's not what happened" while JJ is reading word for word from THEIR own complaints. I guess they don't have the brain power to remember even a few of the lies they told.

Cracks me up every time.

• Love 7

I saw the tedious case of "retired military" and stupid Ivy suing a young woman and her mother for the cost of optometry equipment.  What a convoluted case that was.  I had the same question as a previous poster -- why would someone buy lab equipment for their sometimes-employer?  It makes no sense, even though stupid Ivy has 20 years experience making glasses or whatever the hell she was trying to say.  JJ really hated that mouthy young defendant and finally Shut Her Down by dismissing her counter-claim.  I just wanted to punch all 4 of them in the neck.

In the hallterview, the young woman said that Ivy assaulted her with her cane.  Stupid Ivy denied assaulting her, and then said,with a smile on her face, that she did hit her with her cane.  What an unpleasant woman.

• Love 3

But the person *I* thought was Googly Eyes was in a different case this past week. This GE also had bangs but not as severely cut and she was sitting to the left of the plaintiff, the asshole dad who was suing his son and his son's fiancee for the windows.

So which one is Googly Eyes, or is this in fact The Same Girl I'm seeing over the span of several years? God, it's making me nuts and I'm obsessing way too much about this girl.

Lol! Googly Eye-spotting is addictive! I wasn't paying close attention during that case. What we need is a screen grab.

What I do remember is the father wearing a Mandarin collar style shirt & having a warm & fuzzy, hippy-ish kind of vibe---until you got down to the brass tacks of the case. That kumbaya attitude sure disappeared quick when it came down to the money. In the hallterview he even said they should go their separate ways.

• Love 1

Back to the actual show now, the woman who was suing the "real cute" guy for $600 to repair his van so he could start his dream business. I thought she said that dream business was a "mobile cow wash." Those were some strong Mississippi accents right there!

Yes, indeed! And I'm originally from the south. JJ said, "That's some business plan," when he told her his idea to carry around a large tank of water for his mobile car wash. Instead of, you know....a hose.

Edited by NowVoyager

I live in South Florida and we have mobile car washes - guys with big tanks of water that come to your workplace and wash and detail cars while you work - 40 bucks cash money for a total detail in and out - multiply that by ten or fifteen cars at her workplace and the guy is making bank under the table. 

• Love 1

That last case with the Bassett Hound tugged on my heartstrings!  I wish the father had looked harder for pet-friendly housing; it was tough to see his young daughter fight back tears.  I was proud of JJ for getting right on the horn to a close friend and finding a loving home for the hush puppy.  I bet the women from the kennel will miss the dog, too --- after 9 months, she had probably become a mascot for the place.  Poor pooch; I hope she's getting lots of attention now.

• Love 3

I just love it when Judy catches someone in a lie and they try to deny it and backtrack.  Twice today I was able to watch the master at work.  One was a dispute over trees: neighbor cut one down on the property line that had caught on fire and then trimmed the rest to the property line.  Both the male and female plaintiffs tried so hard to get one over on Judy and she was able to throw their words back to them.  The other was a blonde in a dog fight case whose testimony complete contradicted her statement to the police.  Golden.

• Love 2

That wife was a trip. I'm guessing they weren't exactly all that friendly or agreeable people before the trees:

All the dog people today were liars. The other case saying " well if my brother got cited why am I being sued" after acting like they let her dogs out,

Are we ever getting new episodes again?

I think they secretly cancelled the show, or as JJ says, "program."

My guide says all the episodes this week are reruns. That makes it a full month of no new shows. Unbelievable. Maybe I'll file a claim for pain and suffering against JJ.

I just love it when Judy catches someone in a lie and they try to deny it and backtrack. Twice today I was able to watch the master at work. One was a dispute over trees: neighbor cut one down on the property line that had caught on fire and then trimmed the rest to the property line. Both the male and female plaintiffs tried so hard to get one over on Judy and she was able to throw their words back to them. The other was a blonde in a dog fight case whose testimony complete contradicted her statement to the police. Golden.

Ahhh...yes! So much satisfaction....

Re: the first case, I always enjoy it when JJ orders a loudmouth over-talker "Out!"-----*what?who?what?ME?!#shockface---"OUT!!!" As she steadfastly proceeds to get to the truth.

Re: the second case, if Blondie had an ounce of dignity, she would have just slunk out quietly, but no! After JJ cold-busted her in multiple lies she had the audacity to insult the plantiff in her hallterview. Something about the plantiff keeping his embarrassment to himself after her wayward dog bit him & ripped his pants off in the middle of the street!?! Bitch, have several seats! Oh, I just wish we had post-hallterview rulings! Grrr...!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 6

NowVoyager, this is a fabulous idea. The Post-Hallerview Restitution Fee. $1000. bonus dollars to the other side for each insult, name called or admission of truth that was omitted during the case. Full bonus $5000 for admission of guilt and showing that you perjured yourself in court.

• Love 7

Re: the first case, I always enjoy it when JJ orders a loudmouth over-talker "Out!"-----*

Was that the tree liar? That was great, although it took a few seconds for her to understand that sometimes "Out" just means "Out."  I was afraid her hubby might collapse without his wife's hand up his back to animate him.

JJ: "You don't have to be afraid to speak. Your wife's gone."

• Love 8

Okay plenty of hate for the tree liars, however JJ REALLY twisted me off on this case.

JJ: "I can't read surveys"  "You don't have an expert surveyor here to testify"

Well, I call BS.  A survey is a legal document prepared especially for establishing property lines in case of litigation.  Refusing to look at a survey is as stupid as refusing to look at a lease because the lawyer that drew it up isn't in the courtroom. 

Surveys are not rocket surgery, any dumbass can follow along with the info provided.  AND it's likely that the tree liars survey did show the trees in relationship to the property line. Trees would have been to the left or the right of the line, no engineering degree required.  The picture with the pipe showing the property line is a hell of a lot easier to falsify than a stamped survey.

It was so blatant that JJ had a hard on for the tree liars from get go, that she refused to look at very legal and commonly accepted form of evidence.

If indeed, she really wouldn't be able to read a survey, then her richass has no business owning dozens of properties.

Thank you.  I feel better.

• Love 8

I just love it when Judy catches someone in a lie and they try to deny it and backtrack.  Twice today I was able to watch the master at work.  One was a dispute over trees: neighbor cut one down on the property line that had caught on fire and then trimmed the rest to the property line.  Both the male and female plaintiffs tried so hard to get one over on Judy and she was able to throw their words back to them.

Oh those plaintiffs were so annoying. They were so very carefully crafting and placing their words (wife probably made the husband practice in front of the mirror for a week before the case). The Oregon Mountain Man defendant came off more authentic. And sorry folks but don't ever forget JJ was a lawyer before she was a judge so she knows that game in-and-out. 

• Love 5

Well, I call BS.  A survey is a legal document prepared especially for establishing property lines in case of litigation.  Refusing to look at a survey is as stupid as refusing to look at a lease because the lawyer that drew it up isn't in the courtroom.

Totally agree.  And to add insult to injury, she was looking at the photo from a "layperson's perspective."  Totally wrong.  Just because it physically looks like the property line based on symmetry, the grass, concrete etc., does not mean it is.  That is the whole point of a legal survey, to get it right as to where the property line is in fact; not to have someone who is too self-important to do it the right way, just assume.

I think there was more to the story then Judy allowed the Plaintiffs to explain, thus the hemming and hawing. 

• Love 3