Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Miss Davis: see-through black top, gigantic red bra and color-coordinated clip-in hair pieces, super-long talons

Miss Johnson: face moles or face piercings?, attitude dial cranked to 11, declaring a war upon return to the apartment complex

I know that case was about a ridiculously ratchet fight, but I wanted to know more. If JJ hadn't shut down their foolishness so quickly, this episode could have given us drama of sweeps-week-level proportions. 

Defendant Miss Johnson said, "My daughter was having a seizure in the back seat..." Oh really?  'Hold on, chile -- I gotta beat this female with this metal thing I keep in the car. Just shake it out 'til I get back, gurl.'

• Love 4

"My daughter was having a seizure in the back seat..." Oh really?  'Hold on, chile -- I gotta beat this female with this metal thing I keep in the car. Just shake it out 'til I get back, gurl.'

Ms. "Attitude" Johnson, who I assume is of the Sainted Single Mother genre,  must be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, what with FOUR kids to support.

I can sometimes get my head around the whacky hijinks litigants get up to, but I will never EVER understand mature women who key cars (and it's always women) or grown women who get into fistfights, then shrug it off as though it's just a normal occurance - "She started beating me upside the head, or whatever." No biggie, right? Not even when one of your litter is having a seizure.

I just spotted Googly Eyes w/Buster Brown Hair for the first time!

Me too! And yes, that is definitely a man, baby!

I can't remember the last time I wanted to punch another human being as much as I did Auntie Terresa, insurance scam artist and smug smirker.

I agree with JJ that nephew seems intelligent. If only he would learn improve his horrific grammar - some of the worst we've ever heard -  he could probably do well in life.

• Love 3

Ha now I know what I sounded like back a few weeks ago when I finally saw that urban legend googly eyes for the first time. Just wait till you see here. But mine was better because I didn't have a heads up to where she would be.

*Mind. Blown.* Once you see her, you can't unsee her. It's like she becomes part of the show...she's mesmerizing. I have so many questions. The bangs, the eyeliner, her eyebrow game...why? Why?!?

• Love 4

All of the GE sightings and no mention that the smart nephew just got a job at Cannabis University of Florida. What's up with that?

Do you instruct on cannabis use or cannabis horticulture or just sell paraphernalia? 

• Love 3

Was Googly Eyes the one in the bright green shades right behind Cannabis Nephew? Those glasses look just like fly's eyes.

In regard to the motorcycle case:  I couldn't even listen to what JJ and the litigants were saying, with "Jesus Take The Wheel" playing in my head!

The renter with the two gas leaks. Wow that was some scam on the landlords.

The renter consults legal sham artist and gives them 75 dollars. That is small potatoes compared to what happens next. Legal scammer uses details they took 75 dollars to receive and uses it to draft a legal looking letter stating they owe the renter hundreds of dollars and BTW make that cheque out to us Dooey, Cheetum & How.

• Love 4

AFAIK she said she contacted one 'paralegal' online or facebook who she gave all the details of her problem, paid them 75 dollars and they sent her back that big document telling her the codes they were breaking.

The paralegal scammer then sent the letter to the landlords to get the payment sent by cheque in their name.  JJ said 'you got scammed, she didn't scam you, sue them'.  

• Love 2

Oinky Boinky, It is also possible that the lawyer will still send her a portion of what was received from the defendents. I do know that I will now be careful of the info I give to someone I just consult with. Let me say this though, no indictment on the profession, I have met some sucky, self-serving and dumbass lawyers. Moving on...

• Love 1

I have met some sucky, self-serving and dumbass lawyers.

Add "arrogant" to that list, and virtually every lawyer we've seen on this show has been one or all of those things. It's depressing, but wildly entertaining, from the Rabbi practicing without a license, to one of the latest who didn't feel it was necessary to bring the log of his hourly fees charged to his client, even though he was being sued over those very fees.

• Love 5

teebax! Hope you saw the suing a contractor for not completing a deck case. Because it was hella confusing! It involved insurance, a lot of fast math (the whole time the case was heard) I need you to cipher it out for me. And it added a litigant quote: 

contractor: I have retired now!

husband plaintiff: He hasn't retired, he changed his name!

wife plaintiff: You can change your name but you can't change your face! Look out for this face!

In the repossessed car case, the one where the plaintiff was asked why he wore dark glasses: Has anyone here, EVER said or heard "large argument"? I have heard huge, big. But never have I heard "they got into a large argument". 

Man, in the case of the 17 year old room renter: That plaintiff had some under the surface seething rage that she managed to almost keep under control. Until she lost her case and she turned and SLAMMED the gate so hard that I am sure she injured the person sitting in the front row. She is a stealth rager! I agreed with the ruling. I felt like the Dad did ease her loss by paying for an extra 2 months and I didn't have a problem with him. The son probably still has a lot of growing up to do, he didn't bother me too much until the hallterview. Then he showed that yeah, he is still kind of immature. He was probably right in leaving, she came across as weird,  ( but he irritated me with his comments and actions in the hallterview. I hope they have worked it out (between him and his father) and he is growing up. But man, Craigslist people, Beware of the stealth rager who rents a room! She might come across as mild mannered, but  will be in your business and slamming doors!

I watched another one, a repeat, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I did not see it. I plan on a JJ marathon tomorrow morning while I clean my house. I'm a little behind in my viewing due to the NCAA tournament. It's the one time of year I'm a hoops fan. I'll let you know my thoughts once I've seen it.

Food stamps, working for cash under the table, renting furniture that's never paid for and Sec8 housing. Damn. When governments are flinging taxpayers' money at these scam artists and deadbeats, do they never check on them? How many cases have we seen with people  getting subsidized housing and renting out  rooms so they either pay zero for rent or actually come out with a profit? Getting handouts is not supposed to be a money making enterprise.

All these able bodied parasites need to get off their lazy and/or overfed asses and work! I know, it's just a pipe dream. Why support yourself when you can get someone else to do it?

• Love 4

She almost had the same reaction to the defendant today, plaintiff Aja Fendt vs scum-sucking couple who stole their stuff and locked it in their garage (beds and all) and also sold drugs out of the garage. Defendant was a slattern, Rebecca something, and I can't BELIEVE that JJ believed defendants! She totally ignored the plaintiff, only awarded her a kitchen table and a bag of garbage.

She stole everything even my babies crib. It was retaliation for reporting her continuous drug activity. She overheard me making my daughters 15 month check up and stole my keys and texted me at the doc haha I came home to everything gone locks changed cops came she said I lied I paid with checks she cashed she had to leave she took my food my shower curtain then shut off the water and power cops came back told her she's breaking the law and I at least got 2 mattresses only I took my last dollars and bought food. Next morning same cop and CPS came she said I forced them to sleep on wood had no food I broke down the cop pointed at my stuff corroborated everything and CPS left 2 hrs later cops same one calls me she posted pics of my kids sleeping on craigslist saying save these babies with my address and phone number on it. I got an immediate order of protection and one thing was no photographs that night same cop had to come back cuz they returned with his mother shoving a camera in my face taunting me saying I'm not on the order. I got a call from my in laws she drove to their house to spread more lies and got another charge. My in laws paid for a hotel. Needless to say I worked 60 hrs a week for 6 months serving to hand my tips to a hotel daily and was fed so much lies by producers of that show. I had to call cops 2 times since for her calling my work and my photographs of her drug use my belongings and craigslist ad and police reports were never mentioned I spent 28500 dollars in hotels cuz of it. The icing on the cake is the fuckers aired it on my kids birthday. I had even taken a drug test but on film she claimed to have video of me drugged out as my baby ran around if she had that she'd use it. Only thing I'm grateful for is it didn't break me and she got treated like the bitch dog she was and told to sit down

• Love 2

teebax! Hope you saw the suing a contractor for not completing a deck case. Because it was hella confusing! It involved insurance, a lot of fast math (the whole time the case was heard) I need you to cipher it out for me. And it added a litigant quote: 

contractor: I have retired now!

husband plaintiff: He hasn't retired, he changed his name!

wife plaintiff: You can change your name but you can't change your face! Look out for this face!

Here's what I took from it:  the couple's back patio/deck was damaged, and they lost the structure, the awning, the railings (including any wheelchair access they may have had), and all of the furniture.  They put in for the insurance and received a hefty check. They hired Pat McDowell and they gave him money upfront for the building materials. Pat paid his workman (poorly) under the table, didn't do things correctly with the IRS, and screwed the workman out of money for materials by pocketing some of the couple's money. Pat didn't finish the project, and I guess he didn't appropriate the funds for the workman to do it.  The photo showed a wooden platform and structure for an awning, but no awning, railing, or wheelchair modifications.  It actually would have been unsafe for the husband to use that deck.

JJ saw the amount of the insurance payout and pretty much accused the couple of scamming the insurance because the payout was a few thousand more than the cost of a new patio/deck.  The wife tried to explain that their old deck had a whole suite of nice outdoor furniture that got destroyed, and the check included those costs.  This is where I got a little annoyed with JJ....she didn't accept the fact that nice outdoor furniture can easily be $2,000-5,000, and JJ didn't even ask if the deck needed wheelchair modifications (ramps, rails, threshold mods) for the husband, all of which would drive up the cost. So both sides got in trouble with JJ -- the couple was accused of ripping off the insurance company (which, IMHO, is false), and Pat McDowell was accused of ripping off the IRS (true).

• Love 2

She stole everything...retaliation for reporting her continuous drug activity...came home to everything gone...cops came she said I lied...she took my food...shut off the water and power... cops came back...CPS came...cop...corroborated everything and CPS left 2 hrs later cops same one calls me she posted pics of my kids sleeping on craigslist saying save these babies with my address and phone number on it. I got an immediate order of protection and one thing was no photographs that night same cop had to come back cuz they returned with his mother shoving a camera in my face taunting me saying I'm not on the order...got a call from my in laws she drove to their house to spread more lies...her calling my work and my photographs of her drug use my belongings and craigslist ad and police reports were never mentioned I spent 28500 dollars in hotels cuz of it. The icing on the cake is the fuckers aired it on my kids birthday. I had even taken a drug test but on film she claimed to have video of me drugged out as my baby ran around if she had that she'd use it. Only thing I'm grateful for is it didn't break me and she got treated like the bitch dog she was and told to sit down

Aja Fendt, are you saying that you were on Judge Judy, and are trying to give your side of the story?

• Love 1

Here's what I took from it: the couple's back patio/deck was damaged, and they lost the structure, the awning, the railings (including any wheelchair access they may have had), and all of the furniture. They put in for the insurance and received a hefty check. They hired Pat McDowell and they gave him money upfront for the building materials. Pat paid his workman (poorly) under the table, didn't do things correctly with the IRS, and screwed the workman out of money for materials by pocketing some of the couple's money. Pat didn't finish the project, and I guess he didn't appropriate the funds for the workman to do it. The photo showed a wooden platform and structure for an awning, but no awning, railing, or wheelchair modifications. It actually would have been unsafe for the husband to use that deck.

JJ saw the amount of the insurance payout and pretty much accused the couple of scamming the insurance because the payout was a few thousand more than the cost of a new patio/deck. The wife tried to explain that their old deck had a whole suite of nice outdoor furniture that got destroyed, and the check included those costs. This is where I got a little annoyed with JJ....she didn't accept the fact that nice outdoor furniture can easily be $2,000-5,000, and JJ didn't even ask if the deck needed wheelchair modifications (ramps, rails, threshold mods) for the husband, all of which would drive up the cost. So both sides got in trouble with JJ -- the couple was accused of ripping off the insurance company (which, IMHO, is false), and Pat McDowell was accused of ripping off the IRS (true).

JJ did two things that annoy me during that case, and you mentioned them both. The first one was about their patio furniture. I wonder how much JJ paid for her patio furniture, but she seemed to think the insurance check shouldn't cover the plaintiffs' furniture.

Secondly, she was very cavalier about the amount of work the scummy contractor left incomplete. It looked to me as if there was a lot more work that needed to be done, and JJ seemed to think the missing work was just a minor thing. Again, I bet she wouldn't accept such shoddy work on her own house(s).

Incidentally, if you have a claim for damage to your home and are able to get it taken care of for less than the insurance company gives you, more power to you. JJ seems to think you have to spend every single dime you get on the repairs, otherwise you're a scammer.

ETA: If my contractor came back with a second price 35% higher than his initial estimate, I'd tell him to take a hike and hire someone else. That's too much of a bait and switch to me.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 2

I got no deck case, I got a dog attack, a landlord case where landlord was looking in tenants bank account and tenant had too many dogs.

And a case with a swell guy who had women fawning over him, for what reason I'm not sure.

• Love 4

I got no deck case, I got a dog attack, a landlord case where landlord was looking in tenants bank account and tenant had too many dogs.

And a case with a swell guy who had women fawning over him, for what reason I'm not sure.

JJ just never listens to what the people have to say.  The tenant was claiming that the landlady, who worked at the credit union, had looked into her bank account and saw that she had a car payment due.  The landlady/banker kept trying to tell JJ that the woman didn't have a car loan at the credit union, and so she couldn't have looked into her account, but JJ wouldn't listen.

• Love 4

It didn't matter that her car loan wasn't at the credit union, her account was, and the landlord could tell by looking at the account details that she had a pending car loan payment owing to another institution.   I absolutely believe she snooped into the account.

• Love 12

And that little $100 slap on the wrist for looking probably won't be the end of it for the Credit Union lady.  Seems to me that if the upper management of the bank sees this episode, CU lady will be job hunting soon.  Snooping into an account for no business reason has GOT to be against company policy.  And it reflects badly on the CU if other customers see the episode and start wondering about the security of their information. 

• Love 1

It didn't matter that her car loan wasn't at the credit union, her account was, and the landlord could tell by looking at the account details that she had a pending car loan payment owing to another institution.

I didn't watch that rerun, but that's the way I remember it. If someone at my bank, where I have a mortgage, said to me that they know I have a car payment due ( at another institution but my bank can see it) and are worried I won't be able to pay my mortgage, I'd be a little irate.

• Love 5

But there was absolutely no proof that the plaintiff did this beyond the accusation by the defendant, who repeatedly interrupted and was louder then the plaintiff, with Judy's benign acquiescence.  Only now that she is being sued does she bring up the accusation.  Why didn't Judy ask if she reported this to the bank who would have the ability to check who  at the bank accessed the account?  Also, did she immediately pull her money out of the bank?  Never asked and I doubt the answers would support the defendant's accusation.  Usually JJ asks if you reported something to the police, to see if the accusation is believable, not so in this instance with reporting to the relevant authority. 

AngelaHunter, if you suspected someone at your bank of looking at your account for personal reasons, you would report this to the bank, I assume. 

No reason that a bare accusation and Judge Judy believing it, is actual proof.  Defendant's only "proof" was that the plaintiff worked at her bank.  The Plaintiff admitted she had the ability to look and JJ treated this as an aha moment.  Ridiculous.

I very much didn't believe the loudmouth defendant and think she was a scammer.  She was an obnoxious loudmouth who JJ allowed to get away with being an obnoxious loudmouth.  One of my all-time least favorite litigants.  I said this the first time this episode ran.

I am so annoyed by this case that I looked up what I wrote back on November 19, 2014:

Hated her.  With the smug look and attitude.  She lied to Judge Judy and was caught in said lie.  She kept talking over JJ and argued directly with the Plaintiff and Judge Judy just allowed it and even smiled as she was doing it, because Dana was out arguing the plaintiff because she had a big mouth and the plaintiff was never allowed to explain her side.  The plaintiff got a pittance for the damage to the apartment which clearly occurred (nine dogs cause no damage makes no sense in my world) though JJ barely looked at her pictures and just ignored the other damage, which the defendant basically admitted to as she was just going to contest the amounts before JJ just ignored everything but the shades and burns.  The defendant's evidence, her video was unfocused, too quick and only showed what she wanted shown.  As Judge Judy should have said, ridiculous.

I am not one that believes that because a story doesn't seem like something someone would make up, in Judge Judy's opinion, then it must be true.  Meaning the whole exchange about the car payment is not something the defendant would just make up, so it must have happened.  Why couldn't the defendant, being paranoid, have decided that because the landlord worked at the credit union in a position higher then the defendant initially thought, she must be looking at my account because she can?  The plaintiff only said she does have access to such information (obviously) and that she doesn't have a car finance account through the credit union, so she wouldn't even be able to know whether her car payment was made as a person could pay with other accounts or money orders.  That makes sense to me but Judy just assumed the accusation must be true because the accuser, who already lied, wouldn't just dream it up.  The plaintiff was clear that she didn't force the defendant to bank at the CU as the defendant was trying to portray, but just wanted her to use direct deposit and that she would be eligible to have an account there if she wanted.  This makes sense from a  bank vice president but Judy never bothered to hear her out.  Ridiculous!  I would have found out when this supposed conversation took place.  Then asked the defendant if she still has an account at the Credit Union?  If yes, then she is making this up as she would have immediately closed the account if she really believed the plaintiff was violating her privacy.  If no, I would ask when she closed the account?  It should have been immediately after the conversation.

Dana was manipulative and incomplete in her testimony about the dogs and the damage and is only suing about this invasion of privacy AFTER the plaintiff sued her for damage.  So not a big deal until the plaintiff came after her.  Seems like a way of saying, you want money from me what about this complaint that she could have made up whole cloth.

I hate when certain people with attitudes get away with it because Judge Judy knows they won't be intimidated by her.  Dana totally had an attitude throughout in the way she spoke and acted and won because of it.

I agree with me and still hate Dana.  Sorry for such a long post.  This one and the car vandalism after the stolen spot in the parking lot, where JJ decided that the spot was the defendant's and then didn't believe the plaintiff about the vandalism, bother me the most. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 3

Good thoughts for Toaster Strudel!

And yesterday was one of my old favorites - the tittybaby whose backpack got run over by a car when he left it in the middle of a parking lot (or as he called it, "the pit area") and where his own father undermines him. One Gavel on that case right to the middle of his forehead!

• Love 11

the tittybaby whose backpack got run over by a car when he left it in the middle of a parking lot (or as he called it, "the pit area") and where his own father undermines him.

This was new to me and I enjoyed it. I don't follow racing but I'm pretty sure the "pit area" is just off the track and this fool sounded ever more silly as he kept insisting that a regular ol' parking lot is a pit area. That bag of his must be pretty big if it needed its own parking slot. And yeah, loved dad sitting there, head in hands and probably thinking "How did I raise such a whiny idiot for a son?"

Off topic- nobody watches Mathis on here?

I don't.

Now that Judge Joe has been cancelled, Mathis is my next least favorite.

Never watched Mathis and didn't like Judge Joe because of the way he allowed litigants to fight with each other and yell at him.

I only watch Judge Judy and TPC, because it gives me a twisted satisfaction to watch both of them reaming out the dickheads in front of them.

• Love 13

Just watched the case of a lie-telling defendant with a cute giggle & a sweet voice. She sold the plantiff a sick fancy-breed kitten that she misrepresented as vaccinated. The plantiff got back the $450 she paid for the kitten, but nothing for her subsequent veterinary & legal costs.

• Love 1

The case with the chick unfortunately named Crystal Methven (it's always sad when parents troll their kids from birth) was funny. I felt like they should've gotten a little more since she misled them.

The case before that was sad. The mother said she wouldn't forgive her daughter for not paying her the rent that she was using to qualify for rent. The girl and her fiance seemed...marginal. Eh.

I have a question, and I'll preface this by saying I'm not trying to offend anybody, but...does it seem like sometimes women resent it when they're stuck in the "provider" role? I've seen a lot of women like the mother in this case. She was with her boyfriend (not the girl's father) and the girl was diagnosed with ADD (which: ok) and she was receiving a check. The mother seemed to feel entitled to the girl's SS check, and seemed resentful over the fact that she didn't get it.

• Love 4

I also watched the case of a young, Asian male who said "actually" a lot. He was suing for stolen property left in a car with an open window. The defendant was a tall, handsome Black male who was an accomplice to the theft. He cracked me up a couple of times: like when JJ admonished him for speaking out of turn & he said "Whew!" in an elegant way, or when he threw shade at the plantiff by saying "alleged" designer shirts. Too funny! Even though the shirts were the only things for which the plantiff had receipts.

• Love 3

The case with the chick unfortunately named Crystal Methven (it's always sad when parents troll their kids from birth) was funny. I felt like they should've gotten a little more since she misled them.

The case before that was sad. The mother said she wouldn't forgive her daughter for not paying her the rent that she was using to qualify for rent. The girl and her fiance seemed...marginal. Eh.

I have a question, and I'll preface this by saying I'm not trying to offend anybody, but...does it seem like sometimes women resent it when they're stuck in the "provider" role? I've seen a lot of women like the mother in this case. She was with her boyfriend (not the girl's father) and the girl was diagnosed with ADD (which: ok) and she was receiving a check. The mother seemed to feel entitled to the girl's SS check, and seemed resentful over the fact that she didn't get it.

Okay. I'm slipping. How did I miss that little gem?Crystal Meth(ven)? Lol! (In my defense it is taco Tuesday---salmon, cabbage slaw, guac on corn tortillas----mmm, yummy! So I was distracted.)

I agree with you, that first brief case was sad!!! A mother suing her challenged daughter & her challenged boyfriend for the girl's government check?! This was one of those episodes that was somewhat satisfying---JJ said it without saying it that ole girl needs to get a job; and she repeatedly said that it is the parent's role to take care of the child, not the other way around, but the plaintiff clearly didn't get it. Not to mention the challenged couple is expecting a baby! Really tragic....

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

I also watched the case of a young, Asian male who said "actually" a lot.

Ah yes, the rerun of the Aweful Battle of the Twinks. Gee, maybe it's just me, but if I had a friend who had stolen from me, I might not just accept an "Oh, I'm sorry. I won't steal your shit anymore" apology and continue to keep that person as a friend. Of course, I'm not sure since none of my friends would dream of stealing anything of mine.

Plaintiff started to say, when questioned about the stupidity of leaving a car full of valuables with the window open - oh, sorry, I mean "cracked" - , "I should be allowed to..." (leave my window open all night with my wallet, jewlery and Louis Vuitton crap in there). Of course you're "allowed" to do that any time you like. Just don't complain when you find everything missing the next day.

• Love 8

AngelaHunter, AZChristian-

Thanks for the replies. I like Judy so much I would love to meet her or even be her granddaughter. Judy don't take no mess ! Second for me is Milan at TPC. Then Mathis. Joe Brown, Mabelene, that screechy thin black chick, the paternity lady- all those equally suck ass to me. I was asking abour Mathis because os a case I saw today that just didn't seem like it was ruled right. Anywhooo no more asking about others in the JJ forum.

• Love 1

Ah yes, the rerun of the Aweful Battle of the Twinks. Gee, maybe it's just me, but if I had a friend who had stolen from me, I might not just accept an "Oh, I'm sorry. I won't steal your shit anymore" apology and continue to keep that person as a friend. Of course, I'm not sure since none of my friends would dream of stealing anything of mine.

I couldn't believe the defendant in the hallterview complaining that "A friend wouldn't sue you."  Screw you, a friend wouldn't steal from a friend.

• Love 7