Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 05/02/2019 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Blind Man's Outraeous Request-

From his demeanor in court, I am convinced that he habitually uses his disability to wiggle out from his obligations, financial and otherwise, because he has learned that most people will not hold him to account, either through pity or fear that they would look bad for doing so. Thankfully that driver was not so pusillanimous. The defendant is the kind of egostitical person who gives all disabled people, blind ones in particular in this case, a bad name; just like the entitled smooching Sainted Single Mothers on these court shows do for all others who work hard and do not expect a free ride from society.

On 05/02/2019 at 6:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Daughter says "if mother had taken her name off of the account the daughter wouldn't have lost the money". 

It is true that the mother was negligent in leaving her name on that account considering how flaky her daughter is (surely, it can't be a recent development). Some judges might have decided she was partially liable for the resulting mess, but it was very satisfying that the young idiot was left holding the whole bag (which in JJ's court really means that her share of the award kitty was substantially reduced, but she still got money and a free trip out of the whole thing).

22 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I know this is unpopular, but I don’t believe they belong in a coffee shop.

They certainly do not generally belong in places where people eat (except if it's specifically dedicated to dog owners and their pets) or on planes. A valid exception must be made for guide dogs, but I find that the whole support/service animal thing has been abused to the point of being rendered meaningless.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hatmaker is suing for slander on the internet.

I may be in the minority, but I feel that an 11 minutes video rant posted on social media and the little bit that was aired, demonstrates some possible malice. I’d be interested to see the entire 11 minutes. It’s possible that the plaintiff crossed the line there. Maybe not. But in spite of his remark in hallterview, he’s not entitled to say whatever he wants.

23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Fresh Start or Fifth DUI?!

A quick Google search for Melissa Therrian reveals a woman you wouldn’t want anywhere near anyone or anything you value. One look at the woman also tells you that.  On a personal note, that awful Milwaukee accent demonstrated by both litigants is like finger nails on a chalkboard to this guy.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Jesus

Maybe the joke is on us and he’s referring to a “piece”.

On that same theme, the mental image of the two mega pierced co-defendants in the boyfriend loan case canoodling is enough to gag a maggot. I really have to stop doing that. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

So Melissa Therrian, who isn't drunk while driving, and has been busted for five DUIs now, has a FB page.     She outlines her trip to JJ land, and how she spent the evening before court, and it was drinking a lot in the bar at the hotel.    It was to celebrate her upcoming victory, and like everything else in her life was the wrong move.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Melissa Therrian, who isn't drunk while driving, and has been busted for five DUIs now, has a FB page.     She outlines her trip to JJ land, and how she spent the evening before court, and it was drinking a lot in the bar at the hotel.    It was to celebrate her upcoming victory, and like everything else in her life was the wrong move.  

https://public.courtrecords.org/people/melissa+therrian+wi/

https://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Wisconsin/Milwaukee-County-WI/Melissa-Therrian.172334792.html

6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

https://public.courtrecords.org/people/melissa+therrian+wi/

https://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Wisconsin/Milwaukee-County-WI/Melissa-Therrian.172334792.html

• Love 6

I need more expensive hat cases in my TV-viewing life. Such a good grandson. :D

For the dog case, the previews made it seem like the dog sitter did just keep the dog for no reason whatsoever. It didn't take long at all for me to switch sides and root for her because the plaintiff was definitely sleazy and trying to sneak a dog into an apartment where it didn't belong. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I'm prepared with a pantry full of Chore Boys.

Way back when weed was a lot more popular, we always used stainless steel mesh in a custom machined brass bowl, more heat resistant and didn't build up a lot of crud. At least that's what friends told me.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Glad to learn that if I ever need to scrub out a crack pipe I'm prepared with a pantry full of Chore Boys.

And it’s good to know that crackheads are doing their part for our environment by reusing their accoutrements. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Y'all don't know about Sonic??? Lol I live in Texas and we have tons in my city. I've gone many times since I was born. Ha and they don't have a place where you can go in and eat. You just go to the drive through or pull into the spaces and order after you push the red button. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

For the dog case, the previews made it seem like the dog sitter did just keep the dog for no reason whatsoever. It didn't take long at all for me to switch sides and root for her because the plaintiff was definitely sleazy and trying to sneak a dog into an apartment where it didn't belong. 

Finally, a dog case I enjoyed.... well, not so much the case - but I rewound and watched the dog on his back a couple times 😁 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Brattinella said:

You can still buy a chocolate shake at Sonic, and add malt powder to it!  Wal-Mart has it.

But sadly you can’t mix it in without ruining the consistency. That uber thick shake that takes a ton of work to suck up is half the pleasure for me. Sorry Sonic, you lost me here.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Why going to hell? Disabled people are not automatically assigned saint status. They can be creeps, jerks, assholes and scammers, just like anyone else. As for the haircut, I'm sure he asked what was cool these days and wanted it, maybe not knowing it's utter "douchebag style."

If he was as obnoxious to the barber as he was to the Lyft driver, maybe he described what he wanted to the barber and the barber did what he did . . . what's the jerk going to do, look in a mirror and complain?  Sometimes you get what you deserve.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
Just now, AZChristian said:

If he was as obnoxious to the barber as he was to the Lyft driver, maybe he described what he wanted to the barber and the barber did what he did . . . what's the jerk going to do, look in a mirror and complain?  Sometimes you get what you deserve.

No way that guy doesn't cut his own hair.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I'm sure he cuts his own hair, after you try to rip off the barber by forgetting your wallet, you don't get haircuts from them any longer.   

The hat maker (or former hat maker) made a big mistake ripping off the young man, and his grandmother.     It doesn't matter what the grandson said online, because everyone in the U.S. that buys hats will know he is a jerk, who won't spend $3.50 to insure over $700 worth of hats.      Everyone also knows that his idea of a substitute looks like Bozo the clown made it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm sure he cuts his own hair, after you try to rip off the barber by forgetting your wallet, you don't get haircuts from them any longer.   

I'm actually astounded by the number of men (and a few women) who clearly are their own hairdressers. I imagine that the failure to take some pride in your appearance and show some self respect is the genesis of what brings them to court in the first place.

• Love 5

I’m eager to hear everyone’s opinion on the equine journal defaming blogger case.  That defendant had some weeeeird double chin thing going on.  She was also a smug, sanctimonious jackass, and I fully believe she was the blogger.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ButYourHonor said:

I’m eager to hear everyone’s opinion on the equine journal defaming blogger case.  That defendant had some weeeeird double chin thing going on.  She was also a smug, sanctimonious jackass, and I fully believe she was the blogger.

I absolutely loved this case. For the first time in a long time it was a real case about with something worth fighting for and not some old jalopy or a cracked iPhone. I loved the plaintiff and her investigator/witness was an ace. I loved watching the plaintiff hold back tears when it was clear she was finally receiving justice. On the other hand, I found the defendant to be a lying, evasive animal rights zealot. She’s the person who’s the animal rights version of a “religious” terrorist. Clearly she’s convinced herself that any horrible thing she does in the name of her cause is just and taken something pure and made it evil. Thankfully, JJ doesn’t buy it. And while there may be no clear proof that she’s actually the author of the defamatory blog posts I found the judge’s ruling both reasonable and fair. She compelled the defendant, who isn’t protected by any privilege, to either divulge the name of the author (whom she admittedly knows and probably is) or face the music herself. I completely empathized with the plaintiff and the fact that she’s waited months for her day in court, spent a considerable sum of money investigating and is now entitled to some justice. If that horse face, snuggle toothed bitch isn’t the responsible party then identify that who is so the planififf can sure her. The plaintiff spouts off about the first amendment and some California(?) law that she feels protects her. There’s no law or amendment that protects you from libel. Period. She got what she deserved and probably got off easy. Go back to your nasty little laptop in your nasty little hole and choke yourself. 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, ButYourHonor said:

The defendant is one of the few people I've seen who are ALWAYS on the verge of full blown rage tears. 

Hopefully she doesn't take things any farther than blog posts.

• Love 5

The only other case that was especially memorable to me during our time away was the awful sister suing her brother and niece over a 26 year old Ford mini van. The defendant was truthful and clearly. He freely admitted, perhaps by accident, that the car wasn’t a gift at all and remains the property of the mother, who signed power of atttorny over property to her nasty daughter. Fine, excercise your power of attorney, reclaim the POS Ford and go away. Mr. Defendant go find another car on Craigslist give it to your daughter (who seems like a nice person) and be happy. 

• Love 6

The defendant is one of the few people I've seen who are ALWAYS on the verge of full blown rage tears. 

Hopefully she doesn't take things any farther than blog posts.

What also got me about the defendant was that she said she couldn’t divulge because she worried about the author’s safety because plaintiff had threatened her.  Okay, even if that’s true lady, YOU’RE STILL HERE, so clearly the threats weren’t acted on and clearly there isn’t any true danger to “the author” (who is clearly YOU).

3 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The only other case that was especially memorable to me during our time away was the awful sister suing her brother and niece over a 26 year old Ford mini van. The defendant was truthful and clearly. He freely admitted, perhaps by accident, that the car wasn’t a gift at all and remains the property of the mother, who signed power of atttorny over property to her nasty daughter. Fine, excercise your power of attorney, reclaim the POS Ford and go away. Mr. Defendant go find another car on Craigslist give it to your daughter (who seems like a nice person) and be happy. 

Oh yeah, that daughter was a piece of work...  I hope the mother is in a decent place, because I’m sure the daughter couldn’t care less.

Edited by ButYourHonor
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, ButYourHonor said:

What also got me about the defendant was that she said she couldn’t divulge because she worried about the author’s safety because plaintiff had threatened her.  Okay, even if that’s true lady, YOU’RE STILL HERE, so clearly the threats weren’t acted on and clearly there isn’t any true danger to “the author” (who is clearly YOU).

Absolutely. And if I was going to court and death threats were part of my defense, I’d certainly bring some evidence to prove it. Furthermore, the reaction of the plaintiff and her boyfriend (who was also accused of threats) struck me as believable. They seemed to display sincere disbelief and not some fake outrage at her allegations. The blogger woman was clearly out of touch with any sense of truth, integrity or reality. Needless to say I guess, but I found this defendant to be a completely despicable person.

I missed you maniacs for the past few days, btw. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I wish JJ had grilled the P about being a "tax accountant".  A tax "preparer" is more likely.  A $100. &  Laptop is all you need.  "Accountant" would require a higher education and serious testing.  Another case of calling oneself a "nurse" instead of "home health aide".  

Fighting over a 26 year old minivan.  Jeez.

Anyone catch the P's witnesses losing their shit in the cookies case?  One guy was beet red from laughing.  Cracked me up!

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I wish JJ had grilled the P about being a "tax accountant".  A tax "preparer" is more likely.  A $100. &  Laptop is all you need.  "Accountant" would require a higher education and serious testing.  Another case of calling oneself a "nurse" instead of "home health aide".  

Fighting over a 26 year old minivan.  Jeez.

Anyone catch the P's witnesses losing their shit in the cookies case?  One guy was beet red from laughing.  Cracked me up!

The defendant in that case was another piece of work.  Posts cookie picture she found on Pinterest as her store page background, doesn’t think people will expect that those are her cookies...  Whaaaa?  I guess I’m sorry she was fired from her regular job, but have a hard time believing it was because of this case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

The Windshield Smack Down case on Thursday was ridiculous.     Everyone involved was some kind of druggie, and they were so stoned that they shouldn't even have been in court.     

Show Me the Proof!-Where the woman wanted her pet deposit back, and property manager refused was only notable because the property manager had no evidence, so she got most of her pet deposit back.    

I have some insider acquaintance with the Advocate Against Horse Slaughter v. the Professional Horse Industry Writer on Tuesday.   I've seen the blog against the Hi-Caliber Rescue (they're closed, and being investigated, so the plaintiff was instrumental in getting the word out about the conditions, and abuses there).      That was interesting that she wouldn't give her blog writer's name up, because a lot of people want to know who wrote the exposes.   Plaintiff got $5k, and probably deserved it.     There is a thread about the Hi-Caliber Rescue closure, and charges against them, on the Chronicle of the Horse magazine forums.     On the previous season of Storage Wars, the blond haired man with the facial hair, and the grown son was the boyfriend of the woman from the rescue.   The second they mentioned TB 'rescue' and San Diego County I knew who they were talking about, and who the defendant was.     

Friday's - Sex Drugs and Surveillance- Plaintiff sued neighbor for having his security camera aimed at and showing a great majority of her yard.       The defendant seemed like a total nut case, but the plaintiff and her kids seemed like the neighbors from hell.   I would love to know where the litigants live, so I can avoid ever being near there.

Stroke Victim's Frivolous Family Fight-Byrd is the Word's case above.    Only notable because the defendant thought a 26 year old Aerostar van was a good deal, even free.    They were top heavy, and not that great years ago.     The plaintiff just wanted every penny for herself, and I bet if she could have kept Mom at home after the stroke, she would have, because it's cheaper if you don't have to pay for care.     It's all about the money in her case, and my guess is the second the poor Mother dies, everything will be gone into the daughter's pockets.   

Barn Wedding Fail-Challis Hopwood (the bride) is another village idiot who can't even understand the same question from JJ, until she explained it to her word-by-word.     I know the people with the barn didn't have proper permits, but the bride didn't ask that (she's too brainless to think of questions), she just wanted a fancy wedding, cheap.   

Cookie Bust-I loved the witnesses/partners for the plaintiff having hysterics about the case.   However, the defendant never admitted that it's false advertising to use someone else's product to advertise your cookie product.    I don't think the woman does the cookies herself anyway.    My guess is that the cookie woman never did her own stuff, and anyone who hires her after this should have their head examined.      She supposedly lost her other job?  Tough, she probably lied about everything there too.       I don't know why a cold would affect her, since she only orders the cookies from others, and isn't actually spreading her germs on them.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I truly thought that guy was going to wet himself. And, okay, I get it...she failed to deliver, misrepresented herself to a degree and made a cold sound like chemo. But he came off as needlessly bitter and small. Nobody cares about the valuable time you spent fixing the problem. That’s called life. Deal with it like the rest of us do. They’re cookies, FFS and you’re a man. Act like one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Gonna circle back to Darrell Bowles #2 for a second. Found his sorry ass on Twitter and found this even sorrier tweet:

WTF does "this current generation" even mean? The Uber driver appeared to be his age or older. But I see your "needs to back up North" remark Darrell Bowles #2 for all its racist implications. 

What a piece of shit.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:17 PM, Florinaldo said:

Thankfully that driver was not so pusillanimous.

I'm never playing Scrabble with you!  I hereby concede all potential games, as you are the rare person who actually uses SAT-level vocabulary words effortlessly.  How wonderful!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Gonna circle back to Darrell Bowles #2 for a second. Found his sorry ass on Twitter and found this even sorrier tweet:

WTF does "this current generation" even mean? The Uber driver appeared to be his age or older. But I see your "needs to back up North" remark Darrell Bowles #2 for all its racist implications. 

What a piece of shit.

And just when I thought I’d reached the limit of my contempt for that asshole. What does “go back up north” mean anyway? There’s no disputing the fact that he went on a food run for himself and his girlfriend and didn’t bring a form of payment. The driver/stranger loaned him money. At best he was slow to pay and filed an unjust complaint that harmed the plaintiff. One of the complaints of the “current generation” Mr. Bowels is a sense of entitlement and you have plenty of that. Take your vague Twitter whining (to an empty room, btw) and piss off. 

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

So, all I wanna know from the barn weddin' case is did PeePaw find his bride on the Appalachia Tweens Facebook page?

Was her husband there?  I wasn't paying close attention, but I thought she was standing there with her father.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

So, all I wanna know from the barn weddin' case is did PeePaw find his bride on the Appalachia Tweens Facebook page?

I'm pretty sure that was her father, not her hubby.   PeePaw is hysterical though!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Was her husband there?  I wasn't paying close attention, but I thought she was standing there with her father.

Aw hell, I wasn't that interested or paying attention.  It's almost always the happily betrothed couple together after they ate the weddin' steak and are looking for reasons not to pay.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Aw hell, I wasn't that interested or paying attention.  It's almost always the happily betrothed couple together after they ate the weddin' steak and are looking for reasons not to pay.

Ms Challis was sure cute as a bug though, even if brainless.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

What does “go back up north” mean anyway?

Fairly certain it has pretty racist connotations. 

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Windshield Smack Down case on Thursday was ridiculous.     Everyone involved was some kind of druggie, and they were so stoned that they shouldn't even have been in court.     

Show Me the Proof!-Where the woman wanted her pet deposit back, and property manager refused was only notable because the property manager had no evidence, so she got most of her pet deposit back.    

I have some insider acquaintance with the Advocate Against Horse Slaughter v. the Professional Horse Industry Writer on Tuesday.   I've seen the blog against the Hi-Caliber Rescue (they're closed, and being investigated, so the plaintiff was instrumental in getting the word out about the conditions, and abuses there).      That was interesting that she wouldn't give her blog writer's name up, because a lot of people want to know who wrote the exposes.   Plaintiff got $5k, and probably deserved it.     There is a thread about the Hi-Caliber Rescue closure, and charges against them, on the Chronicle of the Horse magazine forums.     On the previous season of Storage Wars, the blond haired man with the facial hair, and the grown son was the boyfriend of the woman from the rescue.   The second they mentioned TB 'rescue' and San Diego County I knew who they were talking about, and who the defendant was.     

Whoa, whoa... I’m confused.  The plaintiff was instrumental in getting the rescue shut down but the lying blogger defendant wrote exposes about it?  Did the blogger write exposes supporting the rescue?

• Love 1

If "go back up north" was meant to be racist, wouldn't it make more sense to say "go back down south"?  Maybe he's speaking in some kind of code that I'm not in on.  You'd think blind people wouldn't be racists.  Does someone have to tell them the other person's color?

Why was Uncle Fester training his camera on the neighbor's backyard in the first place?  I might've missed that.  If I were her, I wouldn't get just one light and aim it at his camera.  I'd get a whole array of baseball-field night-game lights and aim them at his bedroom window.  As a security measure, of course.

Challis Hopwood and Jessyca Brockington--this week sure was a treasure trove of Harlequin romance character names.  Both really bright girls, too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ButYourHonor said:

https://shedrowconfessions.wordpress.com/

Interesting take by “the blogger”.  I still can’t figureout why the blogger would be against the plaintiff.  Was the plaintiff writing articles that supported the bad rescue?

The plaintiff identified herself as a thoroughbred racing writer/insider. My best guess is that the zealot defendant views that sport as cruel to the animals and therefore has launched a war against the sport as the plaintiff in particular. And since all’s fair in love and war, her malicious and false claims against the plaintiff are completely justifiable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Why was Uncle Fester training his camera on the neighbor's backyard in the first place?

Fester claimed that the plaintiff’s daughter or her partner were throwing used condoms over a fence onto his property. He also alleged that there was suspicious activity including drug dealing taking place in the front of the house. Both of these litigants and the icky looking plaintiff daughter who got the “I didn’t ask you anything” smack down from JJ look fully capable of all sorts of filth. Low lifes one and all who deserve each other. 

• Love 8

Okay, what about the very gnarly brother/sister fighting over Mom's 26-year old car? Brother, a low-rent Grizzly Adams, says Mom told him to "take care of" her ancient car while she was in rehab after a stroke. He took that mean he could have it, so gave it to his daughter when her car crapped out. Plaintiff sister wants the money for this valuable piece of her mom's estate. Her son, looking like he just came from an unsuccessful audtion for a new "Planet of the Apes" movie, pipes up from his chair that he has something pertinent to add to this fight to the death. We don't know what words of elucidation he had to offer, since JJ shut him down PDQ. Is this the case where JJ called plaintiff a "smart ass?" I did very much enjoy that.

Fester claimed that the plaintiff’s daughter or her partner were throwing used condoms over a fence onto his property.

Well, that gives me something to look forward to tonight for my weekly "See people acting like fucking disgusting savages" installment.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, Florinaldo said:

I find that the whole support/service animal thing has been abused to the point of being rendered meaningless.

Just have to chime in on that. Agree 100%. We've seen a lot people here who want to take their little "accessory" dogs any place they please, so they call them "Service dogs" even when they have no training or certification to be classified as such. No one dares challenge this, lest they be labelled biased or prejudiced or whatever, something that in itself is a newsworthy crime these days.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, that gives me something to look forward to tonight for my weekly "See people acting like fucking disgusting savages" installment.

Few things make me more grateful for what I have and the choices I’ve made more than watching a trio of scumbags from the dirtiest part of a dirty town roll around in the filth with each other in a dispute over something that any well adjusted 10 year old could fix by himself. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Ms Challis was sure cute as a bug though, even if brainless.

100% agree on the brainless description, but I'll openly admit I was envious of her lipstick. I am also pale and I'm forever in search of the perfect red (and have yet to find it!).

I wasn't following closely enough to know everything that went on in the horse blog case (except that yeah, it's pretty likely the defendant was the author of the posts), but I always enjoy when someone gets the full $5K, especially in the more unique cases that just aren't about unpaid rent and veterinary bills. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Few things make me more grateful for what I have and the choices I’ve made more than watching a trio of scumbags from the dirtiest part of a dirty town roll around in the filth with each other in a dispute over something that any well adjusted 10 year old could fix by himself. 

I've thought and said that more than once. I've made mistakes in my life for sure, but this show makes me so grateful for my life and choices. Not once did I hook up with some loser/scumbag and start paying his bills, fines and child support or buy him a motorcycle. So yeah, I'm okay with what I've done.

17 minutes ago, augmentedfourth said:

but I always enjoy when someone gets the full $5K

Me too! It's so satisfying to see some amoral POS be revealed for what he /she is and walk away empty-handed.

• Love 10

The blogger case goes this way, the blogger wrote on the defendant's blog that the plaintiff (a well known horse industry writer) helped send TB's to slaughter in Mexico (there are no slaughter houses in the U.S., just Canada and Mexico) for human consumption.     The plaintiff claims the blogger is actually the defendant, and that's who defamed her, and lost her many jobs.  Since the defendant refused to say who the blogger is, she lost the defamation judgment to the tune of $5k.   

The blogger was alleged by the private investigator to have posted from the same IP address as the defendant.   The TB industry has really cracked down on people in the industry sending animals to the kill buyers for slaughter, and the blog supposedly said that the plaintiff helped to send an animal to slaughter.     The plaintiff lost jobs (she's a professional horse industry writer for many publications, and that's how she earns her living) because of this allegation.     

The worst defamation was the claim by the blogger that instead of being an upstanding member of the horse racing writers, that the plaintiff was somehow covering up that animals were being shipped to slaughter.     It was very defamatory, since the racing authorities have strict protocols to prevent the retired TB's from going to slaughter, and being sent there with horrific conditions in shipping, and slaughter.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ButYourHonor said:

I noticed that weird double chin too, and my guess is that she's lost a lot of weight, leaving her with loose skin. 

Random thoughts on recent episodes: 

The hat case reminded me of an episode of The Wire, where someone shoots at Omar and puts a hole in Omar's grandma's hat.  Or was it Wee-bay's grandma?  Anyway, it was someone's grandma, and the hat was referred to as a "crown", and the shooting broke a longstanding tradition of no shooting on Sunday. 

The blind guy stiffing Sonic and his Uber driver:  Reminded me of a local situation (in Des Moines).  A guy in a wheelchair couldn't get inside a cafe because the cafe had no ramp and no automatic door.  So he complained to the city, and the cafe had to shut down because they couldn't afford to be compliant with disability access rules.  The guy could have gone to another cafe.

The backyard camera:  Defendant just wanted to watch the girls in his neighbor's pool.  Perv.

I felt some sympathy for the folks who rented out their barn for a wedding.  That happens a lot around here.  People have nice outbuildings and they're frequently used for events, and no one bothers to get a permit.  I'm not sure who they'd even ask, since these places are in the country. 

So glad the forum is back -- I missed everyone!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9