Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Oh, Ms. Reyes, we could tell from the start that things were not going to go your way!  Ah-move!

Your children range in age from 15-30.  How much full-time "mothering" do they need from you??

Would really, really like to know the name of her employer.  "Entertainment" in "sports" at night.  Uh huh....

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

So that's who the defendant reminded me of!      Just from commercials too, I've never watched that show.    Ms. Reyes only has one kid under 18, so my guess when the 16 year old has that 18th birthday, she'll get her eviction papers along with the cake.     I guess it was cheaper than paying child support for 4 kids, and soon that won't be an issue.      I'm glad the plaintiff was awarded $5k.

My guess is the kids were removed temporarily when the original dust up happened in 2011, 2012 time frame.     I'm also glad JJ didn't let the woman talk about whatever else she was hinting about to slam the ex.     

I love Jose, the man she blocked out of the driveway, who had to haul all of his stuff from much further away.   And when she said Jose told her she could wait for him to move, I started laughing.     I don't know Jose, but I really like him.  

I really wonder where she works, starting at 5 p.m., and in 'sports entertainment'?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really wonder where she works, starting at 5 p.m., and in 'sports entertainment'

She’s been there for many years and worked her way up to $14.50 per hour so they must be a generous upstanding organization and she’s  clearly excellent at what she does. Btw, there’s all kinds of stupid. One kind is having the man who lets you live rent free for a decade arrested. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Btw, there’s all kinds of stupid. One kind is having the man who lets you live rent free for a decade arrested. 

Boy, isn't that the truth!!

I liked today's cell phone (!) case, in that while the plaintiff's didn't exactly have proof for the dollar amount they asked for, JJ awarded it anyway.  It was reasonable, and the def was such a doofus.  I did think that those two 20-year olds looked a lot older than 20. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Boy, isn't that the truth!!

I liked today's cell phone (!) case, in that while the plaintiff's didn't exactly have proof for the dollar amount they asked for, JJ awarded it anyway.  It was reasonable, and the def was such a doofus.  I did think that those two 20-year olds looked a lot older than 20. 

Loved that case too. And shame on me for prejudging the blue haired plaintiff as a wing nut. She was lovely. Truthful. Concise. Absent of drama or embellishment. She had a burden showing the value of those phones. How can anyone decipher the cost of a phone that was purchased through your carrier and made part of your plan? Same as the pics of the Staples water damage box. JJ found her so credible that she actually took her word for the value of the phones and gave the plaintiff exactly what she requested. She had her shit together and earned my respect. Unlike the defendant who considers himself fabulously charming instead of slimy and stupid.    

• Love 15

Couldn't stand silly babies and YEET. That def is twelve years old and looks at least 18. Her mother is an idiot. Boring.

Stupid little candy-assed nu-male ruining the 800$ phones of the plaintiffs (800$? Wow) - boring and dreary.

25 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I did think that those two 20-year olds looked a lot older than 20. 

They were 20??!! Gee.

But! Marybel Reyes, with her flowin, jet-black dyed locks, dressed in a tight red dress displaying her enhanced bosom (or else she had a steel-reinforced bra) and various bulges and looking like a cocktail hostess on an oil barge was another matter. She's terribly fertile, squirting out EIGHT kids with men who don't and didn't want to marry her. You'd think at her age she'd heard of birth control somewhere along the line, maybe after the 4th or 5th kid? "He kicked me!" - as if he'd have the gumption to face off against that beast.  All this would be highly amusing if not for this gaggle of unfortunate kids who get taken away and stuck in foster care. Plaintiff shares equal blame, since he just loved banging that slag and didn't care if she got knocked up every time they bumped uglies. Ew. The whole thing was so sordid. Go pay your own rent and just count yourself lucky that any man on the planet would be willing to support you. Eight kids!

I really wanted to hear from Jose. He looked like he had something good to say.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

"He kicked me!" - as if he'd have the gumption to face off against that beast.

Ms. Marybel tried to convince JJ that the defendant forced her to leave the house, and Her Honor said, "Please. No one could ever force you to do anything. I've known you five minutes, and I can see that clearly."

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Marybel Reyes, with her flowin, jet-black dyed locks, dressed in a tight red dress displaying her enhanced bosom (or else she had a steel-reinforced bra) and various bulges and looking like a cocktail hostess on an oil barge was another matter. She's terribly fertile, squirting out EIGHT kids with men who don't and didn't want to marry her.

Damn, I was hoping one of you eagle eyed peeples would have been able to read her lips when she said where she worked. I was thinking she was the stand-in for Octomom in one of those Lifetime movies. And were any of you wondering what she was "studying" while sitting in her car in Jose's driveway? Probable her Instagram page (alas I do not have eight chillun nor do I live in my random baby daddy's house but I have been known to look at my Instagram while sitting in my driveway - but I don't have a Jose to annoy). 

And because I'm cool like dat, I did a little investigation for y'all. Apparently "yeet" is something people yell when something is cool, but the vine the girls were talking about was when one girl handed another girl a soda. Second girl yelled "YEET" and pitched the soda overhead softball-style down the hallway at school. So my guess is that the Defendant "yeeted" and threw the laptop really hard which in turn broke the heck outta it. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Loved that case too. And shame on me for prejudging the blue haired plaintiff as a wing nut.

Same here. It's reassuring that first impressions can sometimes be proven wrong.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I guess it was cheaper than paying child support for 4 kids, and soon that won't be an issue. 

I am sure that however disagreeable it may be to have her live on his property, she would be even worse if he had insisted on her paying rent or going through a never-ending court battle over a support judgment (because you know there would never be a ruling that she would be satisfied with).

She really was all kinds of loathsome and I am sure that plaintiff cannot wait for the moment he can evict her; I hope for him that she cannot invoke squatter's rights. She may go after the house though just out of spite, considering she kept calling it "my house", even though she never made a mortgage payment and it is not in her name.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Couldn't stand silly babies and YEET. That def is twelve years old and looks at least 18. Her mother is an idiot. Boring.

What I loved about the defendant mom is that she tried to use the school's alleged (since she didn't bring any documentation to prove it) warning that students bring laptops onto school property at their own risk to her own advantage. Lady, that policy protects the school from liability, not the parents of dumbass teenagers when they decide to do dumbass things to other people's property.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Lady, that policy protects the school from liability, not the parents of dumbass teenagers when they decide to do dumbass things to other people's property.

It's like these idiots who smash someone's car with a shopping cart in a parking lot and say the store is responsible!

35 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

I am sure that however disagreeable it may be to have her live on his property, she would be even worse if he had insisted on her paying rent or going through a never-ending court battle over a support judgment

Agree that letting her live there rent-free is cheaper than paying child support for the four kids he decided to have with her.  Seeing middle-aged people who are so thoughtless and irresponsible is pretty damned depressing. Go have some more kids, Marybel!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

She seems a little long in the tooth for that, but she certainly didn't offer any other clues that would make us think differently.  Perhaps she's in the massage industry.  One of those national 'chains' that may not want to be associated with her. 

"Yeet." 

I think that whole nonsense knocked a year or two off my life.  Ugh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So that's who the defendant reminded me of!      Just from commercials too, I've never watched that show.    Ms. Reyes only has one kid under 18, so my guess when the 16 year old has that 18th birthday, she'll get her eviction papers along with the cake.     I guess it was cheaper than paying child support for 4 kids, and soon that won't be an issue.      I'm glad the plaintiff was awarded $5k.

I love Jose, the man she blocked out of the driveway, who had to haul all of his stuff from much further away.   And when she said Jose told her she could wait for him to move, I started laughing.     I don't know Jose, but I really like him.  

I really wonder where she works, starting at 5 p.m., and in 'sports entertainment'.    

I loved that she called the cops on him in 2010 and 2011 but not in 2012(?) when he did the absolute, most worst, awful thing to her. 

They both lost custody of the kids for a period of time.. looks like he at least cleaned up his  act.

• Love 3

Interesting in the Yeet, PC case was the moment when Byrd stood up to JJ when she clearly got an important fact wrong, later proven on the audio replay. And why the hell do you yell at a 14 year old girl who’s telling the truth and only guilty of doing something foolish but absent of malice? Props to the defendant girl for holding her mud while Judge Crabby needlessly barked at her. The hallterview remarks of both girls were refreshingly sweet and made me smile. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

And because I'm cool like dat, I did a little investigation for y'all. Apparently "yeet" is something people yell when something is cool, but the vine the girls were talking about was when one girl handed another girl a soda. Second girl yelled "YEET" and pitched the soda overhead softball-style down the hallway at school. So my guess is that the Defendant "yeeted" and threw the laptop really hard which in turn broke the heck outta it. 

Behold the Yeet:

My son was cracking up at JJ from the next room. He knew exactly what video they were talking about.

Edited by Mrs Shibbles
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The quote-y function isn't working right now.  😢

Crazy mom of 8 also reminded me of Larissa from 90 DF, and she's just as BSC.  Can't stand Larissa, can't stand crazy mom of 8.  She (and Larissa) give legit Domestic Abuse victims a bad name and make things worse for all involved.  No one kicked her.  It sounds like the mortgage and whatnot is easily covered by tenant Jose, so it's probably just easier to let BSC Octomom live there rent-free than have to constantly deal with her dragging him to court for stuff.  Plus, he at least knows where his kids are, and can keep an eye on them.  I hope he boots her butt out when the last kid leaves.  I too think she works as the hot buffet bar attendant at some strip club, or maybe as a cashier if there's a "novelty shop" attached.  How do I know about something like that?......uh....a friend told me....yeah.....

The whole "YEET" thing baffles me, but I'm not a stupid teenager, and when I was, stuff like that didn't exist.  I didn't think Vine existed anymore.  That was a thing where you shared videos no longer than 6 seconds, which I never understood either.  After watching the video someone shared, I'm still baffled.  I don't think I would have found that funny at any point in my life, but to each their own, I guess.  My feeling is the girl who tossed the backpack had no idea the laptop was in it, and just committed a stupid lapse in judgement, egged on by peer pressure.  I was a little annoyed by her laughing about the incident - my mom would not have had any of that.

The cell phone people were calm and collected, and reasonable.  They only asked for replacement value of the old phones, since there are newer and better models and their cell phone company helped them out in that regard.  I was glad to see JJ was willing to work with them.  I suspect some of it was that she really had her stuff together, and it showed.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

When she said sport entertainment, I figured it was an euphemism for strip bar.

If she's stripping, it must be the saddest strip joint in the world.:( Even so, the patrons would probably be yelling, "Put it on!" Pliaintiff is probably the only person who actually wants to see her naked.

53 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Plus, he at least knows where his kids are, and can keep an eye on them. 

He wasn't keep a very good eye on them, since the young ones - his - went into foster care. Both of them needed to be sterilized many years ago

58 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The cell phone people were calm and collected, and reasonable.  They only asked for replacement value of the old phones,

Yes, a breath of fresh air they were, especially her, teal hair and all. No vandalism, hysterics, fisticuffs or demands $$$ for pain and suffering. She had all the evidence on hand with not a single, "Yes, I have that!  Show it to you? Well, I didn't bring it with me today."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

If she's stripping, it must be the saddest strip joint in the world.:( Even so, the patrons would probably be yelling, "Put it on!" Pliaintiff is probably the only person who actually wants to see her naked.

He wasn't keep a very good eye on them, since the young ones - his - went into foster care. Both of them needed to be sterilized many years ago

Yes, a breath of fresh air they were, especially her, teal hair and all. No vandalism, hysterics, fisticuffs or demands $$$ for pain and suffering. She had all the evidence on hand with not a single, "Yes, I have that!  Show it to you? Well, I didn't bring it with me today."

I don't think she's stripping.  But I wouldn't be shocked if she worked at a strip club.

I was making dinner during part of  the show, so I missed the part about him losing custody of the kids.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I was a little annoyed by her laughing about the incident - my mom would not have had any of that.

I had a sociology class years ago and learned that laughter is a response to stress and/or embarrassment exhibited by certain individuals and also certain cultures. It’s also a characteristic of a psychopath.  Best of luck telling one from the other. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

If she's stripping, it must be the saddest strip joint in the world.

Crazy and overweight is not unusual in a strip club. The saddest strip clubs reveal the cesarean scars and bullet wounds. So I’ve been told. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

Behold the Yeet:

My son was cracking up at JJ from the next room. He knew exactly what video they were talking about.

What the hell is that girl thinking?  How is this funny?  A FULL CAN of soda hurled into a crowd at Mickey-Mantle-speed! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

What the hell is that girl thinking?  How is this funny?  A FULL CAN of soda hurled into a crowd at Mickey-Mantle-speed! 

The can is empty (per the title of the video).  Still...not cool.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The can is empty (per the title of the video).

I’m not convinced the can would carry like that if it were completely empty. Either way I agree with you. And if I’m struck by that flying can that laughter would stop quickly. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The can is empty (per the title of the video).

I’m not convinced the can would carry like that if it were completely empty. Either way I agree with you. And if I’m struck by that flying can that laughter would stop quickly. 

1 minute ago, Byrd is the Word said:

It may have a little bit of liquid in the bottom.  That would be enough to give it some carry.  Hurtling anything in to a crowded hallway isn't funny - it could create some serious injuries in terms of panic, etc.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

She (and Larissa) give legit Domestic Abuse victims a bad name and make things worse for all involved

This so much. I absolutely despise people who abuse the system by getting a protective order, or crying abuse or harassment or discrimination or when it's not legit. Makes it very difficult for actual victims to be deemed credible. 

• Love 7

How did today's case with the Toyota Yaris turn out?  The one where the defendant in the military crashed plaintiff's car?  Couldn't have been too badly damaged if it was driven from Florida to California. 

Either my DVR screwed up or the station did, because it didn't show the end and went right to the case about the saddle.

41 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

How did today's case with the Toyota Yaris turn out?  The one where the defendant in the military crashed plaintiff's car?  Couldn't have been too badly damaged if it was driven from Florida to California. 

Either my DVR screwed up or the station did, because it didn't show the end and went right to the case about the saddle.

Case Dismissed!  Plaintiff and Def. once upon a time got into a kerfuffle, and the plaintiff was arrested and plead guilty to battery, so JJ lectured her about how she should have just taken the car and left.  Def. didn't have any money for car repairs, so he returned the previously returned (by her) engagement ring so she could sell it to pay for repairs.  JJ believed him, and couldn't get rid of the gal fast enough.

Regarding the horse saddle case:  JJ has OFTEN threatened to turn off someone's  mic when they won't shut up.  Oh, if only!!!!  Nervous or not, that woman really needed to be quieted.  And her "witness" - I'm guessing her daughter? Yeah, she was going to be really credible.  Blech.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I’m not convinced the can would carry like that if it were completely empty.

Yes, air friction would prevent a can without liquid in it from going that far. Then again, even an empty can hurts if it hits you on the noggin. The Internet does bring out the stupid in many kids.

2 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I had to mute the horrible horse plaintiff after a short time, and eventually just changed the channel.  I can't believe they devoted SO MUCH TIME to this enormously annoying harridan!  Is she JJ's best friend or something?

If they were BFFs, I don't think they remained so after the ruling.

The production team probably thinks that freakilly obsessive horse enthusiasts litigants are of supreme interest to viewers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

After she lied to JJ, and the Better Business Bureau, she's no one's friend now.      15% restocking fee is actually pretty standard, and many saddle fitters don't take back used saddles, without a huge fee, and some will just resell for you, and charge a handling fee for the sale also.       JJ is going to have Byrd take a riding crop to help the plaintiff leave any second.    The plaintiff is totally in the wrong, and should put the saddle for sale if she doesn't want it.  

The only people that I know about that have saddle trials are custom saddle makers, who have loaners you get for a certain period, and you can buy that one if you like it, or use the measurements, and features on that saddle to place the order for the custom one.   Some saddle makers let you keep the trial model until you get the custom one.  

People who are passionate about a particular sport or hobby are often rather over the top intense.    Horse people can be that way, and I've run into people who are really into dog showing, or other hobbies that are the same.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I Bet I know exactly what the Mother did in the foreclosure on the condo case.    She knew she couldn't get a new place in Florida with the foreclosure on her record, so she saved money by not paying the condo mortgage, and maybe condo fees.    Then she used that and every penny she could borrow from others, and got the new placee in Florida.  Meanwhile sonny moved in until the foreclosure, and got the woman and her kid into the condo too, with the plaintiff prepaying the first three months.    Plaintiff gets $3k +.       That's what I've heard people doing (I used to live near a subdivision where places were unsellable, so they did the get a new rental or buy, and then let the house go).  before.   

The couch slashing case kid was so cute, and I'm betting he never touched that couch.    I wonder if it happened in the move, or some other way?   But I can't see the kid running around with a big knife, and ripping into the couch.    

How sad that the plaintiff in the Yaris case has custody of the kid.    I wish there was some way the dad could take care of him.  I hope her anger issues are under control.    I don't know that the car was driven from Florida to California, but I know people that have a professional hauler (like the car haulers that take cars to dealers), take it instead of driving it.     I really dislike Miss Jones.    I'm glad she didn't get any money.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

The couch slashing case kid was so cute, and I'm betting he never touched that couch.    I wonder if it happened in the move, or some other way?   But I can't see the kid running around with a big knife, and ripping into the couch.

And in the hallterview, didn't she even say, "It must have been scratched by an ANIMAL or something"?!?!?!

But then cutie-pie said he didn't do it, his "friend" did it.  Ooops.   But still a cutie, and she didn't deserve a dime any way.

• Love 7

I Bet I know exactly what the Mother did in the foreclosure on the condo case... Then she used that and every penny she could borrow from others, and got the new placee in Florida.

But didn't she say she's bunking in with/sponging off her brother in FL? I do not understand plaintiff who would move in with a strange and kind of creepy man when she has a young daughter. I wouldn't want to live with Norman Bates, not even if I didn't have a little girl.

Marquand is another perfect example of the expression, "No good deed goes unpunished." Don't you hate when a friend calls you and insists you move in with her, even though you're fine where you are? Of course you do it because you feel you have no choice. Marquand, whose boo was beating her up, didn't need to move in with def, but did it as a favour to def,  I guess. How dare def not take care of her stuff more closely? She should have had better locks, or maybe a guard posted there to take care of the squatter's junk?

How sad that the plaintiff in the Yaris case has custody of the kid. 

Plaintiff stands there talking about being arrested for a battery against her baby daddy as though it's no big deal. Yeah, poor kid has a violent brute who has  no self-control for a mother, not that this is anything new on this show. Keep pumping out the kids, people.

• Love 10

The equestrian lady was either lying or heard only what she wanted to hear. I've bought saddles, had trial saddles & even tried a new saddle & was told if any marks whatsoever were made on it, that I bought it or had to pay a substantial fee, which was clearly spelled out.  I've bought a saddle that just wouldn't fit my wide withered horse & I sold it down the road & took the loss. Oh, BTW I also tried a demo saddle & shipped it back with (gasp) full value insurance. Guess what, the shipper screwed up & I got the $1000 or so and was able to send the money to the demo saddle people so that they were made whole & we didn't end up on Judge Judy.

Also personally met one of the crazy horse ladies that was a litigant on the show & she was a piece of work.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, khyber said:

Guess what, the shipper screwed up & I got the $1000 or so and was able to send the money to the demo saddle people so that they were made whole & we didn't end up on Judge Judy.

Dammit....

😂

• Love 7

I bet the condo owner was pulling a fast one economically, because why would she stop paying the mortgage for five months, and then move the son in if she wasn't using the accumulated money for something else?       With her financial history, if she gets a place of her own she'll have to pay a lot of months up front for a rental, and no way she's buying a property except for cash I bet.  

Retired friends of mine were looking at moving to the huge central Florida retirement village, and they put in offers for at least five houses, and they were beaten out every time by people who paid cash for the house, or put down offers for substantially over asking price, so my friends lost out.        I don't think the woman will be staying with the brother, or whoever it was for long. 

I think the kid in the slashed sofa case was just trying to figure out what happened when he was put on the spot, and at that age a lot of kids call everyone 'friend'.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, khyber said:

I got the $1000 or so and was able to send the money to the demo saddle people so that they were made whole & we didn't end up on Judge Judy.

Thus blowing your 15 minutes of fame, an opportunity to wear your skankiest outfit and an audition for your own reality TV show. Not smart. 😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Warning, the first episode Friday has a pit bull attack, and the dog is compared by the owner to Scooby Doo.    

I couldn't believe the first plaintiff, who was proud of breaking down the door, and had a cast of hundreds to consult (therapist, advocate, etc), and still hasn't been divorced since the first case in 2012, and still isn't in the 2017 second filing.   If I understood that right.     

I did enjoy the plaintiff witness getting the boot in the theft case, that was continued, or dismissed or whatever until the local court decides about restitution.    I loved the defendant saying pleading Nolo Contendre (spelling) was different from pleading Guilty.  

The only good think about the Yorkie case is the plaintiff stomping out of the courtroom, with her mother stomping right beside her.       Why were the plaintiff and her mother/witness talking with their teeth clenched at the beginning?   

So you desert your dog for six months before you even check on it, and then wait eighteen more months until you file the small claims case?      A two year restraining order?    Wow!     Defendants get $2k I think.   

I'm glad that the dog got a better home.  

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I did enjoy the plaintiff witness getting the boot in the theft case, that was continued, or dismissed or whatever until the local court decides about restitution.    I loved the defendant  Plaintiff saying pleading Nolo Contendre (spelling) was different from pleading Guilty.  

I could watch an entire series based on that group. I thought they were hysterical!  Hope they come back again and again. And I'm not even sure what she was suing for! Plaintiff stole from defendant, plead "not not guilty" and was ordered to pay restitution. Yeah, that sounds like a perfectly logical reason to sue the def!!

Regarding Gucci the Yorkie - was kind of hoping his new owners were going to get the whole 5K just for kicks and giggles. Heaven knows they probably earned it.

• Love 7

I couldn't believe the first plaintiff, who was proud of breaking down the door

Evette, who sounded like a cartoon character and has no brain, thinks breaking down doors is a perfectly logical solution to what she saw as a problem. I can just picture that scene. Poor Grandma, stuck between her dim-witted, crazy daughter-in-law and her dumbass son, who thinks it's funny that after 7 years, they can't figure out how to get a divorce. Poor kids.

I did enjoy the plaintiff witness getting the boot in the theft case

Awesome. I also enjoyed how she squatted in her chair and shouted out, educating JJ on the law and there were no witnesses, no evidence and you don't understand! And then when Byrd is going to throw her out, she protests that she should have a warning first! I was expecting her to invoke her constitutional rights. Uh, no, bigmouth. Waddle on out! Hee!

Karen Watkins was truly frightening, and didn't understand that she had pled guilty, or she did understand but maybe her (legal counsel in the chair) witness coached her that JJ wouldn't know what "no contest" means, if she didn't say it in English.

I'm glad that the dog got a better home.  

I automatically skip any case with the word "Dog" in it, but glad this one had a decent conclusion.

• Love 7

My favorite part of the dog case was how the whole first half was about how much time the plaintiff let elapse between giving the dog to the defendant and trying to get it back, and JJ based everything on her giving the dog to him in August of 2017. As she said, that would be bad enough, to show up in early 2019 to get the dog back. But then the defendants, who were well-behaved and didn't call out the entire time, mentioned something about having the dog in January of 2017 (and had vet bills to back them up), making JJ put on the brakes for a second. When she questioned them about the August/January discrepancy, the way the brother defendant simply said, "She lied" made me laugh. And based on the plaintiff's performance, I don't think a single person in that room doubted him. That's how you do it, folks - if you know you're in the right, just keep your mouth shut and it'll work out.

• Love 15