Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I loved the electric bill/tenant case landlady denying she signed the lease omitting the utility bills, and both signatures were clearly hers.    That landlady definitely knew about her son rigging the electric bill, and I don't think there is any way that the tenant's bill, plus one month of sonny's electric was $5k.      The local authorities, and utility should arrest the son, and the landlady.   

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't think there is any way that the tenant's bill, plus one month of sonny's electric was $5k.

What likely happened is that the electric company uncovered the fraud and issued a bill to the property owner (plaintiff) for the many, many months (I think I heard it was 3 years before the tampering was discovered) that the meter was under/non reporting. Fines and late charges may have been included.  I’m also willing to bet that there’s prosecution involved. For a variety of reasons, I’d sooner eat one of my kids than tamper with an electric meter.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

What likely happened is that the electric company uncovered the fraud and issued a bill to the property owner (plaintiff) for the many, many months (I think I heard it was 3 years before the tampering was discovered) that the meter was under/non reporting. Fines and late charges may have been included.  I’m also willing to bet that there’s prosecution involved. For a variety of reasons, I’d sooner eat one of my kids than tamper with an electric meter.

Good explanation.    Of course, the did defendant say that with six kids, she had three freezers full of stuff, and maybe more than one fridge too.     

That landlady certainly was sleazy, and I guess that's where her son inherited it from.    I really hope the local utility company representative was watching that, and want to make an example of landlady, and sonny.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I wonder if defendants knew that the meter was rigged.  Unless the lease says "utilities included in rent", they should have known they were getting away with something. 

How was the illegal service discovered?  Did defendants call the electric company when they lost power?  I don't recall if that was discussed.

• Love 4

The tenants did say something about, "the electric problem was because of the huge bill, and illegal hook up", but it took a few days for them to find out exactly what was going on.   

Playing with the electric meters, and illegal hookups like that is a great way to end up a crispy critter.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Matty said:

The other crazy angle to the story is the fact that she bought a car for the defendant on four separate credit cards? Who does that?

A question I ask every day when watching this show. Indeed, who does this or that? Sadly, there is never an answer. When pressed for an explanation of their lunacy, the only answer usually is, "That's just the way I/we do it." *shrug* Of course we know that often things are done in a bizarre fashion because litigants are scamming or ducking someone - landlord, lender, baby momma, government - but not always.

• Love 5

Who does that?  Someone who is so desperate to be loved that they'll ruin their life financially, believe any garbage someone tells them, and will ignore every red flag.    I'm just glad she figured out he was a fraud, and repo'd the car, and I had to laugh at his explanation that she thought he was boinking another woman, and he was, but not the woman she thought it was.    I bet he's living pretty good off of his various women who are lavishing him with gifts.     

Personally, I wonder why she didn't look at available housing in Diablo, Wash., because there simply isn't any housing in the town.     As a prospective resident, of the million dollar mansion, she should have been looking at online realty sites, and found out he was lying.  

I think it's the same motivation of the catfish victims, who impoverish themselves to send money to a liar who feeds them all kinds of garbage, and probably continue sending them money even after the scammer is proven to be a fake.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Playing with the electric meters, and illegal hookups like that is a great way to end up a crispy critter.   

Yeah it's dangerous but a residential hookup is ony two phase giving a 220/230 volt worst case. After a hurricane I took a 220 VAC hit when I was tired and careless and it threw me on my ass with a terrible headache, but it could have been a lot worse, depending on the path to ground the current had available.

• Love 5

Okay, maybe I missed something in the electrical-hookup case, so correct me if I'm wrong.  But who lives in a rental (and I've lived in my share) without getting a single electric bill for eight months (was that the length of their tenancy?) and after a max of two months of not getting bills doesn't call the utility company to make sure that the account is under their name and that they'll be receiving bills in the near future?  The lease clearly said that the tenants were responsible for "all utilities," although the write-in (uninitialed by either party) added info about trash.  There was also nothing in the utilities section specifying that the tenants needed to be notified that they had to pay for electricity, even though JJ said that was a condition of their needing to pay it--which IMO was utterly wacko.  It's spelled out in their lease, and anyone who's a conscientious renter would check when they didn't start receiving bills after a short time.  I think we had two sets of scammers in this case, but being willfully ignorant paid off for one set.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Okay, maybe I missed something in the electrical-hookup case, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Clearly there were two leases; one presented by the plaintiff and the other provided by the defendant. The denfendant’s copy (the one I believe is authentic) indicated that the utilities were included which is not unheard of. This explains why two tenats who appear not to be fools never established service in their name. It also suggests that the scammy plaintiff knew that the meter was rigged and that there would be no electric bill for anyone to pay. For a while. But then the defendants experienced a power outage and notified the electric company. At this point the electric company realized the fraud and issued a $5,000 bill to the property owner, our plaintiff. She probably freaked out and then came up with a greasy plan to stick her tenants with the bill. She forged a new lease, the terms of which require the tenant to pay electric. When they refused the ballsy/stupid plaintiff sues and gambles that her subterfuge will fool a judge. Not so. I suspect that JJ knew that the plaintiff’s lease copy was a fake. Rather than running down a rabbit hole trying to authenticate one copy or the other she ruled in favor of the defendants based on the meter scam. I found her reasoning contrived since every adult knows that if you’re required to pay utilities you’re also required to establish service in your name. But I’m convinced the JJ ruled in favor of the correct litigant. The landlady was a shifty, throughly dishonest bitch and I didn’t believe a thing she said. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 15

I used to work for a utility company.  Judge Judy made some assumptions as to who could have a bill in their name, and not all of them were correct.  

- Ex-husband could likely not have put her new bill in his name if they were married and left a bill owing at the old place.  If he benefitted from the electricity at the old place (and the power company could have asked for documentation to prove they were divorced before she lived there . . . which they weren't), he would be unable to put power in his name at her new place until the old bill was paid.  And the power company may very well have asked for a lease with his name on it, if he were to have the bill in his name.  The alternate would be for someone to "guarantee" the payments.

- Cousin may have guaranteed the payments in the new place, but her name is still listed as tenant and first responsible party.  It's like cosigning for a car loan.  They want the driver (resident) to pay, but they're gonna go after the cosigner if the primary doesn't pay.  Let's watch for the cousin to show up in a few months, suing for the unpaid utility bills.  Current plaintiff will be the defendant.

At least that's how our company did it.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 6

Thanks, @Byrd is the Word (which I'll now be singing in my head all day).  I think I might've been conflating two cases, at least re length of tenancy.

2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I suspect that JJ knew that the plaintiff’s lease copy was a fake.

What still puzzles me is that the signature on the "later" lease they produced seemed to have the unmatching signature (the landlady's, that is).  Her signature on the previous lease and some other document (HUD application?) appeared to match.  So I'm probably more confused than I was before.  Good thing I don't have any problems in my own life that need attention.  ;o)

• Love 2

After seeing the two leases side-by-side, the landlady signatures looked consistent to me, and I suspect the landlady did a cut, paste and copy job on the lease that listed utilities were the tenants responsibility, because the tenant signature was identical.       The landlady signature looked close enough to be the landlady's, and I suspect that the landlady's copy was phony, and she never thought the tenant would have a copy of the lease with her. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

HUD application?

I'm no expert on subsidized housing (crosses himself), but my guess is that with 6 kids and renting an apartment there's a government component to this landlord/tenant relationship.  That may also add a new wrinkle to the defrauding of the utility company.  I have a new syndicated television show concept: Judge Judy Litigants - The Follow-up & Blowback 30 days later. Anybody want to partner and pitch to CBS?

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

She probably freaked out and then came up with a greasy plan to stick her tenants with the bill. She forged a new lease, the terms of which require the tenant to pay electric. When they refused the ballsy/stupid plaintiff sues and gambles that her subterfuge will fool a judge. Not so. I suspect that JJ knew that the plaintiff’s lease copy was a fake. Rather than running down a rabbit hole trying to authenticate one copy or the other she ruled in favor of the defendants based on the meter scam. I found her reasoning contrived since every adult knows that if you’re required to pay utilities you’re also required to establish service in your name. But I’m convinced the JJ ruled in favor of the correct litigant. The landlady was a shifty, throughly dishonest bitch and I didn’t believe a thing she said. 

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After seeing the two leases side-by-side, the landlady signatures looked consistent to me, and I suspect the landlady did a cut, paste and copy job on the lease that listed utilities were the tenants responsibility, because the tenant signature was identical.       The landlady signature looked close enough to be the landlady's, and I suspect that the landlady's copy was phony, and she never thought the tenant would have a copy of the lease with her

The landlady took a big risk here.  If this had been a real court, she could have been charged with a crime for submitting a forged document into evidence.  I'm surprised Judge Judy didn't mention that.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I used to work for a utility company.  Judge Judy made some assumptions as to who could have a bill in their name, and not all of them were correct.  

- Ex-husband could likely not have put her new bill in his name if they were married and left a bill owing at the old place.  If he benefitted from the electricity at the old place (and the power company could have asked for documentation to prove they were divorced before she lived there . . . which they weren't), he would be unable to put power in his name at her new place until the old bill was paid.  And the power company may very well have asked for a lease with his name on it, if he were to have the bill in his name.  The alternate would be for someone to "guarantee" the payments.

- Cousin may have guaranteed the payments in the new place, but her name is still listed as tenant and first responsible party.  It's like cosigning for a car loan.  They want the driver (resident) to pay, but they're gonna go after the cosigner if the primary doesn't pay.  Let's watch for the cousin to show up in a few months, suing for the unpaid utility bills.  Current plaintiff will be the defendant.

Thank you for explaining that.  Our family has a couple of cousins who are always trying to work the system.  They make the rounds every few years asking others of us to sign on for utility bills or other things because now these companies can share information and will not turn on the service without a responsible adult "co-signing" the utility bill.

I notice they always manage to pay their unlimited data plan smartphone bill on time. . . 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Just curious, how's their tattoo, sneaker and game station inventory?

Add to that cigarettes, liquor, gasoline (can't afford gas AND insurance, get real) & lottery tickets to name a few.  I once watched a woman pay a $3.50 service fee to withdraw $40 from a service station ATM and turn right around (literally) and hand over the cash for scratchers.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I once watched a woman pay a $3.50 service fee to withdraw $40 from a service station ATM and turn right around (literally) and hand over the cash for scratchers.

An idiot tax on your idiot tax! Wow. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I once watched a woman pay a $3.50 service fee to withdraw $40 from a service station ATM and turn right around (literally) and hand over the cash for scratchers.

And they study those scratcher display cases like they're looking at The Shroud of Turin.  

My C store WTF moments:

$5. on Gas; $50. onQuick pik tickets            $65+ on food stamp card - nothing but chips, soda, redbulls, and candy.  (Store had plenty of fruit, breads and deli meats.) Small children in tow, of course.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 6

Who the heck has TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR birthday parties??  My WEDDING didn’t cost that much and it was at a VERY upscale venue (granted it was only 75people) and that included floral, decorations, cake, dress, bridesmaids dresses, tux, etc..  Our last, week long trip staying at the highest level DisneyWorld hotel and eating fancy meals at the priciest restaurants and with all the characters, including in Cinderella’s castle, didn’t cost that much.   Our UPCOMING DisneyWorld vacation staying a week at The Polynesian isn’t going to cost that much.  I mean W.T.F.??!!  Can the narcissism get any worse??

• Love 14

New episode-

50th Birthday Party Grand Entrance Upset!-A 9,000 birthday party, and she threw it for herself.    Plaintiff is ex-girlfriend, and plaintiff claims he agreed to pay for her birthday party that she threw herself.     Defendant also paid to get car out of impound.   Plaintiff suing for $4900 for loans, and credit bills, and the party.    Plaintiff shows at party, but vendors hadn't been paid by loser defendant, so plaintiff loaned the money for vendor/party payments.      Defendant has no proof she paid over $4k for her party.    Caterer was $1800, Bartender $175, her dress is not being paid for, and other party items were a loan, according to the plaintiff, and he expected money back.   Def. only got $2400 or so in tax refund, and never paid anything to plaintiff.    Plaintiff's mommy was calling deadbeat ex-gf for money, because plaintiff borrowed the money from his mom for the party to loan the girlfriend.     Venue was owed $2700 on the day of the party, because the deadbeat party woman paid nothing.         Defendant even stuck her son with some of the bill too.   Plaintiff gets his money back (I think).     

Shoddy Work or Slanderous Words!?-Plaintiff paid for garage to be built, for $28000, and $2200 extra, and totals, $30,200.      That total doesn't include door installation, but insulation of the garage door was included.      Plaintiff looks like a PITA, and I already don't like her.     Another complaint is water pools from vehicles in garage, but that's happened in every garage I've had in the past 20 years, and a level floor is much better if you convert the garage to a workshop, or living space.      Plaintiff claims to correct water flow to flow drain, and other issues will cost almost $3k.   Defendant has no proof of her slandering him on facebook. 

Rerun-

Man Claws Own Face?-This is the one where the female plaintiff was arrested for domestic violence by the police.   Her ex-boyfriend had marks all over him, and plaintiff admits to biting the defendant also.  (Maybe we should fix her up with the man who had the $50k bail for almost killing his ex, and her kid, and had current and another ex in the courtroom).     Plaintiff called police, and then was shocked to be arrested for domestic violence.     Plaintiff may be dressed like a very conservative, and proper person, but she's a beast who assaults domestic partners.     There was a previous police call, but no one was arrested.      Plaintiff ex-gf says there was no physical contact during the fight in question, and claims the man created his own injuries.   Casey Massacre (yes, an appropriate name isn't it?) is a voice over artist, and claims she's disabled, and doesn't drive, but was just defending herself against the defendant.      Plaintiff claims the defendant was clawing his own face right before the police got there.   

Plaintiff is getting no joy from JJ, and is obviously a total psycho.     Thank heavens for Officer Byrd, who could take out psycho plaintiff with one hand, because the plaintiff is totally nuts, and obviously violent, and has no control.   Plaintiff case dismissed, and for once defendant says he has nothing to do with her, and never will again.      

Do-it-yourself Puppy Delivery! (Not for the faint of heart, I remember this one)-Susan Ragan-Troten (or Touten(?), has a male boxer she had for two years, and son gave dog away, but plaintiff still walked the dog.   Son gave dog away because it wasn't being treated well, I guess by the plaintiff.     Except she used the dog as a stud, when she didn't even own the dog then.     Dog was not being treated well, and I'm not sure who by, but Susan's son gave the dog away.     Susan the plaintiff wanted pick of litter, so she could train the puppy as a service dog (probably one of the $50 online Service Dog phony papers, and vest).      Susan the plaintiff took dog to defendant, and offered to breed dog to his female in return for necessary vet bills, and pick of litter.     

Defendant (Brandon Conrad, of Michigan) apparently has no idea how dog breeding works, and let his dog labor for three days, and two puppies died, because defendant had no money for vet.  After two days in labor, defendant took female to emergency vet, and found out dog needed a c-section, plaintiff refused to pay for vet bills, so a-hole defendant took dog home, and started reading online how to deliver puppies.    Defendant claims he took dog to emergency vet twice, but has no proof.       Defendant still has some puppies at his house, some actually survived this jerk's online puppy delivery, and apparently the emergency vet.     My question is how can idiot plaintiff get pick of litter, or stud fee when she didn't own the male dog?  

Defendant 'wasn't interested' in neutering or spaying his dog.     

Plaintiff gets pick of litter (apparently six puppies survived this).      I wish JJ had rescued the puppies, and found homes for them instead of letting either one of these two idiots have them.  

I couldn't hate either litigant today more.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ButYourHonor said:

Who the heck has TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR birthday parties??

An even better question is “who the heck has TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR birthday parties with BORROWED MONEY??” This thread is filled to the brim with fools and their (or other’s) money. I hope she has a good job because she’ll be paying for her 50th until her 65th. But in all likelihood you, Byrd and I are going to have to pick up the pieces. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff looks like a PITA, and I already don't like her.

In her defense, she got the bum’s rush from her highness when JJ realized there was more to the case than she initially thought. The plaintiff’s displeasure was pretty evident and I think mine would be also. That said, you get what you pay for and $30,000 won’t buy much of a garage. And the water puddles are in off of themselves meaningless. Every garage floor gets wet if you bring wet things into it. On a side note, I wonder where she lives and where the oily run off from her garage floor goes. Floor drains in garages have been against code in every community I’ve lived since I was a kid a long time ago. 

• Love 4

I'm a simple person. I buy things I can afford because I know that even if put stuff on credit cards, that is real, actual money that I and not Byrd have to pay. So many litigants just don't get that. I was open-mouthed with astonishment watching "Cassaundra" who wants and needs and thinks she deserves all kinds of "extravagant" things, like giving herself a 10K birthday party (her great achievement was turning 50, wtf?) with a "Grand entrance" like royalty. LOL! I hope she had that janky, ratty wig fixed for the Social Event of the Decade. Thing is, she can't afford it so asks her idiotic boyfriend - who is way past the age where he should have more sense - for the dough. He thinks she deserves no less than this insane, way over the top party to rival the Oscars. Thing is, Thaddeus doesn't have the money either because he spent it all on extravagances for Cassaundra so he borrows the money for Cassaundra's big, huge do from his ELDERLY MOTHER. Do these people know that money is a real thing and that even if you borrow it or put it on plastic you have to actually pay eventually?  Especially people who have a frickin' car in IMPOUND. How do so many people who are so "Duhhh!" concerning finances not all end up living in their cars? Cassaundra's son, "Jymmarkeus" didn't really help Momma very much. This case set my head to spinning so badly I couldn't continue.

1 hour ago, ButYourHonor said:

Who the heck has TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR birthday parties??  My WEDDING didn’t cost that much and it was at a VERY upscale venue (granted it was only 75people) and that included floral, decorations, cake, dress, bridesmaids dresses, tux, etc..

Same here! Maybe had we been able to get some fool to borrow 10K from an aged parent for the wedding we would have spent that much. Nah, just kidding. We paid for it ourselves and I didn't even make a Grand Entrance at the reception and I was the bride! Maybe giving oneself a super-gala birthday party is the "thing" nowadays, and that's fine, but shouldn't one be able to afford to do so?

• Love 13

Just watched Garage Lady vs. contractor: Was there a language barrier here? Neither of them seemed able to comprehend the simplest question. How many times and in how many different ways did that woman need to be asked for pictures of work done incorrectly? Is Star Trek's universal translator a reality yet? It would be very helpful on this show. Contractor says she "slandered" him on friggin' FB. Oh, he doesn't have it to show. Take his word for it. I saw no standing water in the garage, just wetness on the floor from rain or her tires. Still, I enjoyed this case. The non-violent dumb-assery was entertaining, and none of what my PVR showed me later, of brick-throwing and face-clawing and all that other vile, beastly, sub-human behavior (who the hell bites someone during an arguement?? SRSLY??? None of my actual animals have ever bitten anyone. Sheesh) which I cannot take anymore.

13 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

“Donald Donica. Now here’s a guy I wouldn’t mind seeing fall down an escalator.”

Oh, that smart-mouthed, stupid-looking, jug-headed beanpole. I wish Byrd has sneakily tripped him on his way to join his little sadsack, frumpy, tragic-looking wife who got the boot right away.

• Love 11
On 1/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, Florinaldo said:

Her reasoning is that if she ever has to flee her house, the cash reserve is on her way out and she will have no difficulty in grabbing it even if she is in a hurry, whereas trying to locate the tablet, the phone or her wallet could take too much time. As I said, different strokes...

Years ago (I was still on active duty and I retired in '93, so I'm talking YEARS AGO) my parents were friends with a couple  - the wife was about same age as Mom and had been Mom's long time hair dresser - the husband several years older and had grown up during the Depression. Anyway, these folks were fairly well off, but the husband - like many of his generation - didn't have much trust in banks. In their older years they did lots of RV traveling - and of course husband always made sure to carry plenty if cash - just in case. You might have already guessed what's coming - RV caught fire and - depending on how much time had passed since the fire and who was telling story - either hundreds, thousands or maybe tens of thousands of dollars was hidden in the RV when it went up in smoke. If the wife was telling the story she made sure to mention that firemen stood back and let the RV burn because he had guns and ammo hidden in it as well - and hubby would chime in with they wouldn't have known about the guns if she hadn't told them.

• Love 9

So the man really though the firemen should go into a burning RV to save his money, and the wife shouldn't have told them about the ammo that could go off and kill them?    I'm glad his money burned while he watched it.  

What do you want to bet the 50 year old woman's 10k birthday was supposed to be financed by her son and boyfriend all along, even though they didn't know it until the party happened, and the whole party was so the party honoree could get great gifts, especially cash?   I wouldn't be surprised if the idiot tried to sell tickets, or charge admission.  

Years ago, I lived in southern New Mexico, and Texas got the lottery.     At first, the Texas lottery was only scratch offs, and maybe the lower paying jackpots added, and later it was the full lottery with big jackpots.     The strangest story I ever heard was a little old lady, on a pension.    She cashed her entire check, and instead of paying rent and other bills, she went to a convenience store and spent every penny on scratch offs.      She didn't even win enough to pay the rent.   So to make that money back, she went back to the same store and tried to rob them, as if they wouldn't remember her.    Yes, she got caught.    

I would need a decently tall stepladder to punch Donald Donica in his smug, cowardly, drunken face, but I'd love to do it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

PA Lottery now allows you to pay for scratch off's (not sure about the live draw games) with a debit card (must have a V or MC logo and you must use your pin, and you check out at a special lotto card machine - purchases must be separate from other stuff).  I give my co-workers scratch off's for Christmas, and that's how I paid for mine this year.  What is worse is that PA Lottery now has a website with virtual scratch off's.  They cost real money.  They sent me $5 to try it.  I did.  I won $1.  I bought another ticket, and lost.  And that was the end of that.  I have no desire to link my bank account to that.  It's a gambling addict's worst nightmare.

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Just watched Garage Lady vs. contractor: Was there a language barrier here? Neither of them seemed able to comprehend the simplest question. How many times and in how many different ways did that woman need to be asked for pictures of work done incorrectly? Is Star Trek's universal translator a reality yet? It would be very helpful on this show. Contractor says she "slandered" him on friggin' FB. Oh, he doesn't have it to show. Take his word for it. I saw no standing water in the garage, just wetness on the floor from rain or her tires. Still, I enjoyed this case.

I was surprised JJ didn't comment on the plaintiff's constant stank face, and she must not have seen the plaintiff roll her eyes.  Mr. Funky said that what was on her garage floor was nothing, and was clearly off her car.  He said you'd have to have a harsh slope on the floor to get that to go in to the drain, because it was a very small amount of water that spread out.  That drain would be for more harsh conditions, or if you spilled water, etc.  I thought it was funny that she claimed the defendant told her she needed to get laid more.  IF he said that.  She did appear to have a rather large stick where the sun doesn't shine...…..  As for her complete lack of understanding what JJ was asking of her, I think JJ was telling her to show her 5 photos from her large stack that best illustrated the issues, but plaintiff took it literally that "Your top five" meant the literal top 5 photos on the pile.

13 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What do you want to bet the 50 year old woman's 10k birthday was supposed to be financed by her son and boyfriend all along, even though they didn't know it until the party happened, and the whole party was so the party honoree could get great gifts, especially cash?   

It wouldn't surprise me that she thought that she'd get enough in gifts to fund the party, and was too stupid to realize they'd want paid BEFORE the shindig.  Then when someone else paid for her, she just figured it was a gift, and pocketed whatever she might have gotten.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

PA Lottery now allows you to pay for scratch off's (not sure about the live draw games) with a debit card

I know that the lottery is a tax on people aren’t good at math and all that...but the reality is that it’s state sponsored Ponzi scheme and it disgusts me. It’s just a matter of time before each of the 50 figure out how to make opioid addiction cute and cash in on that. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So the man really though the firemen should go into a burning RV to save his money, and the wife shouldn't have told them about the ammo that could go off and kill them? I'm glad his money burned while he watched it.  

Nah, not really, he was telling the story tongue in cheek, and wife was ribbing him because she was always nagging him about his hiding money. Probably helped that I only heard story long after the fact. He was the only one hurt - not badly - as he grabbed a door handle to go after the cache - it was HOT - he backed off real quick.

Now, another family friend actually WAS that stupid. Ever hear the story about the fool who blows himself looking for a gas leak using a cigarette lighter as a light? Yep, husband of a lady my Dad worked with when he first went to California in early '50s. Held up a zippo for light in a cupboard while trying to figure out why the propane heater wasn't working. Lucky for him, just a flash of flame which removed his eyebrows, but he found out why heater didn't work 😄

Edited by SRTouch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Lucky for him, just a flash of flame which removed his eyebrows, but he found out why heater didn't work

Years ago my dad sold an old Oldsmobile to a friend of a friend. The car had a leak in the fuel line leading to the carburetor. Genius that he was, the new owner went under the hood to fix the leak, tools in hand and Lucky Strike in his gob. I wasn't there, but I’m told the fire the ultimately destroyed the car was something to see. But this was the 70’s so nobody went to court. When you did something stupid then you suffered the consequences, licked your wounds, ate a little shit from your fiends and moved on. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Years ago my dad sold an old Oldsmobile to a friend of a friend. The car had a leak in the fuel line leading to the carburetor. Genius that he was, the new owner went under the hood to fix the leak, tools in hand and Lucky Strike in his gob. I wasn't there, but I’m told the fire the ultimately destroyed the car was something to see. But this was the 70’s so nobody went to court. When you did something stupid then you suffered the consequences, licked your wounds, ate a little shit from your fiends and moved on. 

Yep - thank God nobody had a smart phone to video some of the dumb sh*t we did back in the day... the grandkids would be forever holding YouTube over our heads

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Lucky for him, just a flash of flame which removed his eyebrows, but he found out why heater didn't work

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

But this was the 70’s so nobody went to court. When you did something stupid then you suffered the consequences, licked your wounds, ate a little shit from your fiends and moved on. 

You're kidding, right?  New owner should have sued your dad, Oldsmobile and Lucky Strike.  He totally blew his ka-ching moment.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Just watched Garage Lady vs. contractor: Was there a language barrier here?

I think Garage Lady misunderstood when JJ said "Give me your top five photos".  She didn't seem to understand that JJ was asking for the five worst examples of defendant's shoddy work.  She thought it meant show me the top five photos from the pile. 

But the fact that the fluid (water?) on the floor wasn't going into the drain made me think maybe defendant did mess up on the grading.  Again, the parties had stuff to say and JJ didn't let them, so we don't really know who was right.  I get that JJ has details from the complaints and responses, but we don't.

Edited by AuntiePam
used the wrong word
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

She didn't seem to understand that JJ was asking for the five worst examples of defendant's shoddy work. 

She didn't understand the first time JJ very clearly told her to give her the photos showing the defects or poor workmanship she was complaining about. She didn't understand that the second or third time either. I don't know what other words could be used to convey those instructions to her. So many litigants have speeches and information rehearsed in their heads and nothing can make them deviate from their scripts which results - often hilariously - in non sequiturs, e.g. "What date did you move in to his home?" Ans: "Your Honour, I feel I don't owe the money..."

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

But the fact that the fluid (water?) on the floor wasn't going into the drain made me think maybe defendant did mess up on the grading. 

I have a concrete floor garage with a definite slope for drainage but a small puddle on concrete does not flow much because of the concrete surface which is rough. The grade to the drain is designed to deal with a substantial amount of water, not a small puddle.

• Love 10

New-

Pigs Leave a House Like This!-Dumb and Dumber flunk out of school, and leave everyone on the hook for rent and damages.     Rico has a subsidized apartment, and will go back to school.   Rico paid $345, and the partial payment constitutes the end of the debt, because the plaintiffs accepted it, and Rico leaves the court.   Anthony, soon to be a daddy, living with grandpa-to-be, are all living with his preggo girlfriend.     JJ tells plaintiffs to sue co-signer Dad, but the plaintiffs couldn't find Dad, to sue him, I guess Googling is beyond their skills.     The plaintiff's have a picture of a BB gun being used in the house.  Female plaintiff needs a huge amount of conditioner on that haystack of hair, or else it's a wig that is really cheap.      Rico Ford is brought back to talk about the damage in the house, and admits the pictures of the before are good.     Plaintiffs have before and after pictures, of a house destroyed by a BB gun.    Anthony the village idiot, didn't clean rotten food out of the fridge, because in the words of the village idiot "the trash was full, and I can't overfill the garbage can".    The house is trashed, and BB damage everywhere.  $1500, plus $700 security deposit equals $2200 for the plaintiffs.

Toxic Ex-Roommate?!-Plaintiff was living with witness for a few weeks, and then moved in with defendant.    Plaintiff paid defendant nothing, and then got arrested.    Defendant is being sued for loss of personal property, after a fight in the apartment, and a no contact order was given to the defendant.    After 30 August plaintiff was out of jail, and homeless.     Defendant left all of his stuff behind, and contacted defendant on 6 October about his stuff.   At the end of September everything was given to Goodwill.    In spite of the fact that defendant has a man bun, and I hate those things, I like him.    Nothing for plaintiff nut case.  

Rerun-

Dreaded Secret of the VW Rabbit-with a $3k title loan on it-Defendant claims he told car buyer at the sale that the car couldn't be registered until the title loan was paid off for $3k.     Defendant is such a liar, but has had a scales of justice carved into his hair. and is also wearing a plain t-shirt, a tie, and a jacket, very odd.     VW had 57,000 miles on it and sold for $5,600, plus the $3k title loan.     The plaintiff says no one told him about the title loan, and would have to be a total idiot to buy it for that price with the title loan added, making it cost $8600 for the car that's only worth $5600.       Stephen Medina, defendant is such a crook.    I love that JJ is chopping pieces off of the crooked defendant.   Defendant's mother says that her son bought the car, but had to sell it at half the price a few months later, and they paid $10k for the car, worth only $5600.     Mommy is also a complete liar too, and has all kinds of garbage reasons about why the car was sold.      MOther of defendant gets the Byrd boot.   Plaintiff's son drove the car still registered in the defendant's name from April to the next February, but it was insured by the plaintiff.  and I'm not sure the plaintiff is all that smart either.     Defendant says that plaintiff would go halfsies on a bank account, and take out a loan for the title loan amount, and that's so much garbage.       Plaintiff actually wanted defendant to get a loan and pay the title loan off, the car is back with the defendant, and plaintiff gets $5k

You Are Your Furniture-Plaintiff moved in with defendant, and is now suing defendant for her furniture left in the apartment, and wants $2875.     Defendant wants back rent, and other boring things.     Plaintiff left, wasn't paying rent, and left her furniture behind.   Rent for one room was $400 a month.    Plaintiff moved out after the two roomies had a big fight.     Plaintiff doesn't want her furniture back, but the money because the grandkid slept on it, and I'm assuming did something on it.    Plaintiff didn't even come back for over four months, and JJ will give an order to get the furniture back, and plaintiff will pick it up.     Defendant wants back rent, of $1600, that claim is dismissed.   

• Love 6

50th b-day party woman was ridiculous.  What an egomaniac! She was a wannabe diva, throwing herself a $10k bash with a DJ, “entertainers”, caterers for a birthday??  Oh, and a “grand entrance “!! Was it going to be her last birthday?  I guess if she were spending her own damn money, people wouldn’t be as judgmental. You earn it , you spend it as you want.  But when you have to ask you BF or relatives to “borrow “ you some money to pay for foolishness you can’t afford, then all bets are off.  

Just to continue the comparing costs theme...this summer, my husband, our daughter, my mom & I are taking a 10 day tour of London and Scotland. Hotel (2 rooms), airfare, guided tours, 2 meals each per day, tickets to a West End show, airport transportation, travel insurance, taxes, and even all the prepaid gratuities is a grand total of $12k.

• Love 14
On 1/24/2019 at 8:45 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pigs Leave a House Like This!

This case was torturous to watch.  From the atrocious english grammar of male plaintiff, the crazy face of his cohort or the exceptionally dim witted plaintiffs.  The collective total of all 4 IQ's wouldn’t add up to a respectable bowling score.

Plaintiff moved out after the two roomies had a big fight

Halterview exposes the fact that the entire mess kicked off when sparkles the bovine defendant did the horizontal tango with the plaintiff's BF.  A fact that sparkles appears to be rather proud of given she's clearly fabulous.

Mommy is also a complete liar too, and has all kinds of garbage reasons about why the car was sold. 

Well hell, everybody knows that the "economy" is the reason why the value of a 12 year old Volkswagen drops 40% in 60 days.  The woman is clearly a keen student of finance and economics.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pigs Leave a House Like This!

This case was torturous to watch.  From the atrocious english grammar of male plaintiff, the crazy face of his cohort or the exceptionally dim witted plaintiffs.  The collective total of all 4 IQ's wouldn’t add up to a respectable bowling score.

OMG...I agree 100%.  None of them should be allowed unescorted anywhere in public!  These 4 are the reason why humans had to evolve with Involuntary Actions;  some people are truly too stupid to breathe, blink or swallow on their own.  The homeowners looked as dazed and confused as their former tenants. I don't mean to slam anyone's college alma mater, but what accredited institution accepted either of those two goons?  One was there to play football, so I guess some schools still make allowances by sticking these lunkheads in courses like "Geology 101: Rocks for Jocks"  and "Art for Athletes: Identifying Colors in the Crayola 8 Pack".  Even with those baseline classes and the professor slipping them the answers, I still don't think they could pass.  And Mr. "I work 7 days a week" is procreating with his (I assume) mentally challenged intellectual equal 19 yo GF.  Good gravy. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

One was there to play football

Minnesota West is a community/technical college in (you guessed it) western Minnesota. Rico Ford is a 6’1”, 390 pound lineman who is a wrongful death law suit waiting to happen. Sorry Rico, but there’s no way I’d let you anywhere near a team I coach when you show up in your physical condition. My conscience and my attorney wouldn’t allow it.

http://www.mnwestathletics.com/sports/fball/2018-19/bios/ford_rico_w3e3

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Minnesota West is a community/technical college in (you guessed it) western Minnesota. Rico Ford is a 6’1”, 390 pound lineman who is a wrongful death law suit waiting to happen. Sorry Rico, but there’s no way I’d let you anywhere near a team I coach when you show up in your physical condition. My conscience and my attorney wouldn’t allow it.

http://www.mnwestathletics.com/sports/fball/2018-19/bios/ford_rico_w3e3

Quite the athletic record, though. I admit I'm no expert reading player stats - way I read that is he's played in 2 games, both losses (1 a blowout and other by a touchdown - I suspect not as close as final score would suggest). Sort of wish they had listed number of minutes played and number of plays he was actually involved in.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

50th b-day party woman was ridiculous.  What an egomaniac!

There was a woman on today's Judge Mathis (Don't judge me! Only Judge Judy can judge me!) who was suing because the party planner didn't follow the plaintiff's Pinterest wishes for the Plaintiff's 30th birthday. One of the things she complained about was that the red carpet wasn't red and it was plastic. The party planner claimed she didn't use red because it would have clashed with the Plaintiff's purple and zebra stripe theme. Judge Mathes gave the Plaintiff what she was asking for after he felt the defendant had gotten smart with him.

Edited by TresGatos
Mathis not Mathes
  • Love 3