Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And Haley also has an extreme case of lead foot.    How fast was she going when she nailed that post?    I'm betting that Haley has a long history of vehicle accidents, and that's the only one on video.  

In slow motion (I watched that crash 5 times) it appeared to me that she nearly drove the right front tire off of the rim. That truck was flying. I don’t blame her mom for being shook up after seeing it for the first time. And loving parent sould have the same reaction. She hit an immovable object at something close to 30 MPH and the offset crash on the driver’s side had all the elements of a fatal or near fatal crash. Guessing she owes her life and good health to an airbag and probably a seatbelt. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

That truck was flying

Yes indeedy it was!  I rewatched several times too.  I also noticed she came out of a curve and there were some traffic cones in the background.

My (very edjumacated) hunch is that she was playing "car commercial" idiot, screwing around, possibly trying to squeel tires and lost control.

I did stupid shit like that as a teenager, too.  We just did it on abandoned dirt airstrips and blessedly waaaay before cameras were everywhere.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Bad Teen Driver Crashes Into School-

Holy... Did you check the huge red blotches/hives spreading like wildfire on Smother Mommy's chest and apple cheeks? I was afraid she was going to combust. She has to tell the whole story! She knows what everyone said and did and even what they thought although she was NOT there! It's a miracle. Maybe she's a medium or has some super powers.  Yes, her Precious did lie and break his promise to her -  after she gave him a 7500$ toy for him to show off and share with friends like his goofball witness who was rockin' a modified Justin Beiber hairdo -  and who knows how many times, but still she gazed adoringly at Sonny Boy as he spoke as though his words were gold plated. I was shocked to find out "Haley" is a girl. Nice job, Mom and Dad, feeding your child into morbid obesity with all the dire physical and emotional problems that causes. I guess they want her to follow in their footsteps but she has surpassed them. Loony Litigant Winner - Matt's Smiling/Frowning/Tearful/beet red and oh, so proud Mommy. She probably thinks this was the one and only time he's lied to her face.

Haley's parents are unbelievably very lucky there weren't any students hanging out when she decided to see if a car can drive right through a brick pillar. They would lose everything they had, probably right down to their underdrawers. They should send Haley out to work to start paying them back. Same thing for Matt's nutty Mom,but can't see that happening.

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Quickest Way to End a Friendship-Defendant rented room from plaintiffs.

I was trying to picture Ms.Baily, in the Cleopatra wig, who couldn't even control her temper or her mouth here, being "intimidated" by Perma-Smiley Pollyanna and the Twerp. That dweebie duo couldn't intimidate a fourth-grader out of his lunch money. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Holy... Did you check the huge red blotches/hives spreading like wildfire on Smother Mommy's chest and apple cheeks? I was afraid she was going to combust. She has to tell the whole story! She knows what everyone said and did and even what they thought although she was NOT there! It's a miracle. Maybe she's a medium or has some super powers.  Yes, her Precious did lie and break his promise to her -  after she gave him a 7500$ toy for him to show off and share with friends like his goofball witness who was rockin' a modified Justin Beiber hairdo -  and who knows how many times, but still she gazed adoringly at Sonny Boy as he spoke as though his words were gold plated. I was shocked to find out "Haley" is a girl. Nice job, Mom and Dad, feeding your child into morbid obesity with all the dire physical and emotional problems that causes. I guess they want her to follow in their footsteps but she has surpassed them. Loony Litigant Winner - Matt's Smiling/Frowning/Tearful/beet red and oh, so proud Mommy. She probably thinks this was the one and only time he's lied to her face.

I too was watching the Red Litigant Lying Creeping Blotch Attack crawling across the plaintiff's mother's chest. Holy smokes. That's why kids need to be driving hoopties and not super expensive fancy trucks or cars. 

AngelaHunter, my JJ was preempted for a short while (ironically due to a police involved chase where some yahoo stole a truck and ended up crashing it into a train crossing and one of the train cars on live TV - gotta love those helicopter bird-eye's views). I came in mid conversation and kept wondering who Haley was. Had they already gone to the witnesses? Was Haley a guy and was just named after some female relative? She did sound like a boy, but man, she did make herself sound bad, which made me believe her testimony even more. No teen wants to sound like a dumba$$ on national TV. Plus I was looking at the plaintiff's son who had some weird kinda lip thing going on - one lip was dragging weird like he was super sad but the rest of his mouth hadn't caught up with his lie yet. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Plus I was looking at the plaintiff's son who had some weird kinda lip thing going on - one lip was dragging weird like he was super sad but the rest of his mouth hadn't caught up with his lie yet. 

If I am picturing the right person, he had a tongue problem, like split tongue or pierced tongue or maybe just fat tongue, but he couldn't keep it in his mouth if his life depended on it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I came in mid conversation and kept wondering who Haley was. Had they already gone to the witnesses? Was Haley a guy and was just named after some female relative?

When JJ spoke to the defs, Haley was referred to as "your daughter". As for the name, I thought of the actor Haley Joel Osment(sp?) and names no longer seem to be associated with gender or even with human beings, e.g."Toshiba" (I have a 32" Toshiba on my wall). So, Haley is a girl. I guess.

• Love 4

I'm new around this board.  The school truck crash case brought me over here.

This is why it is a bad idea to give teenagers a vehicle.  People don't respect things they didn't have to work to pay for and vehicles are an especially good example.  Vehicles can and do kill people.  If that boy had to work to pay for that truck and the insurance, he probably wouldn't be letting his friends play around in it.  (I saved up and bought my first car - a 1970 something pink Super Beetle for $500 in 1990.  I had to buy my own gas and pay the insurance.  I didn't dare let my friends drive it, and I took care of it.)

This was one of the first cases in a long time that I was able to watch because it was a real case ~ not people fighting over a cell phone bill, unpaid rent, and/or cheap garbage furniture/miscellaneous household goods.

The video of the crash!  What was she doing?  Crash Burlison indeed!

The halterview when Crash Burlison was saying she has been harassed and bullied because of the crash...well, yeah!  You crashed someone else's truck into the school!  People are going to have plenty to say about that!  She didn't seem concerned or remorseful about what her actions so I'm sure that plays into her skewed perception of what people were saying.

I can kind of see where the mom was coming from by filing the lawsuit but at the same time, no.  That smarmy son needs to get a job and pay for the truck and in the future buy his own vehicle.  On the defendant side, I hope those parents are holding Crash responsible for the damages, but sadly, I don't think they are.

• Love 13

If defendant mom was a homeowner, her homeowners insurance might have helped pay for the damage at the school.  Homeowners insurance carries personal liability coverage.  Ours paid for damage done by two of my kids -- more than once, I'm sorry to say (and one of the claims involved damage at school).  Those two are grown and responsible now, but when they were 8 and 10, not so much.  

I doubt Haley had permission.  Wasn't there a prior incident where she drove and caused a problem?  I'm remembering something about a lumber yard or a parking lot and sheriff involvement - not the church, but something else where JJ cut plaintiff's mom off and wouldn't explain.

I'm getting SO tired of JJ "You don't know where I'm doing" -- just let people talk and hang themselves.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

Haley reminded me a bit of my niece before she became he. She dressed completely masculinely, even wearing a man's suit to her grandma's very Catholic funeral.

And for what’s it’s worth, the antics that caused that crash are more male type behavior than female when you think about it.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I'm getting SO tired of JJ "You don't know where I'm doing" -- just let people talk and hang themselves.

Yes! Sure, JJ came up with a story that may be more logical - but who says a bunch of high schoolers (or adults) never do stuff that makes no sense. I had a hard time making up my mind about who was telling it like it was BECAUSE JJ didn't let the witnesses talk. She had her mind made up before anyone said a word. Then cut off any testimony that did not bolster her preconceived theory - after all, she's so much smarter than the rest of us. I guess it goes back to what she told the litigants in the second episode (rerun of breakup and who is going to pay fee to get out of lease) - JJ needs the Readers Digest version and doesn't have time to actually hear the litigants' testimony. 

As far as this case - didn't believe much of anything coming from plaintiff side. No way do I think Haley only drove the trunk twice - or that she was the only one in his circle to ever drive the truck despite his pledge to mommy. Haley was much more believable - but now seems to want to play the victim card. Kid, you did something stupid (most of us did at your age), just lucky no one was hurt - learn from it and try not to do something bone headed in the future. Sure the other kids are making things hard on you now - you managed to get caught red handed - and now, thanks to both sets of parents getting involved, video of you acting the fool has been seen on national TV.

All these kids need to be grounded forever, told to quit their various after school activities and practices and get some job and start paying something towards the damages. 

• Love 9

Haley was caught by snowflake's mommy driving the truck once before, and that's when snowflake swore on his honor that no one would drive the truck ever again, except him.     A lot of big high schools don't have bus service for after school activities, so sonny was driving so he could do his sport, and watch all of the other games too, plus goof off with his buddies.     

Haley is also a shot putter I believe they said, and a lot of them are big, male and female.     I think special snowflake should be getting a job, and pay for the truck, but mommy won't ever do that to her baby boy.     Snowflake will keep doing what he wants, and lying about it, until someone dies during one of his stupid stunts.     Haley is so lucky someone wasn't standing where that truck hit.     I'm really betting that Haley has a long record of joy riding, lead foot, and hitting things, and I'm sure that's why mommy and daddy don't let her get a license.     I bet Haley will be a lot older and on her own before she gets a driver's license, and I hope every insurance agent in the U.S. noted her name for when she applies for insurance coverage.  

I bet you that Haley wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and the fact that there is zero distance between her and the steering wheel probably saved her life.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

This is why it is a bad idea to give teenagers a vehicle.

I have been saying that for so many years! Teenagers have no concept of mortality, and very few people, old or young, take great care of any item they didn't have to pay for. A 16/17-year old can't order a beer, or vote, sign a contract or rent an x-rated movie. They are considered too irresponsible and too young to do many things, but they CAN go speeding on highways in trucks and cars and goof around, letting other kids who don't even have a license drive those vehicles. If they smash it up, or destroy the property of others - never mind killing someone - what do they care? They can't pay for it, and all the ones we see here have parents who will fight tooth and nail in defense of their snowflakes, no matter what they did, so they can avoid responsibility.

1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

My guess is that Haley identifies as a male

She can "identify" as anything she likes, but those big bazooms she inherited from Mommy kind of give it all away.

49 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Sure, JJ came up with a story that may be more logical - but who says a bunch of high schoolers (or adults) never do stuff that makes no sense.

The thing is, when you have two liars (plus Justin Beiber 2.0 and crazy Smother Mother denying everything) telling different stories, the only way to figure out what to do is go with whatever makes the most sense or is most logical to any reasonable person. Not perfect, but I see no other way, outside of polygraphs, to render any kind of verdict.

Welcome to the forum, AirQuotes!:)

• Love 12
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, bad things are bad said:

Nissans were not having a good week on JJ. A Versa the other day, and now an Altima--neither of them really old, and both requiring expensive repairs.

It's possible that owners that didn't take good care of their cars were part of the problem, but modern cars really have to be abused to break down. Usually. 

Mid 80's Nissan Sentra models were well known for engine issues.  Mine blew up and left me sit.  Took someone 5 hours to get to me.  This was in the days before cell phones.  Their treatment of me after the issue, and THREE Nissan dealerships that continued to screw me over has me never wanting one again.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've read that the Nigerian scammers actually get fewer idiots to deposit their checks, but the few who do deposit them are taken for larger amounts, so the trend is more money taken.   

I mentioned once before that the scammers hit my employer.  Three different times they sent out hundreds of checks drawn on our bank account, all various Craigslist scams.  We closed the account after the first phone call we got - thankfully none of the checks got through.  But over the course of 1.5 years, we were inundated with people demanding we give them their money back (because the checks bounced).

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, Zahdii said:

Years ago, there was a show (20/20, Primetime Live, etc?) that would occasionally follow disability scammers and prove to the world that they were lying about their health issues.  I really liked it when they'd walk up to some guy just finishing a 10 mile hike and ask him where his crutches were.  For some reason those people were never glad to see the camera crew.

I met a woman a few times who married one of those cretins.  She worked, he didn't.  He was always being chased by the cops for various infractions and they didn't catch him very often because he could run like the wind, jump a fence like a deer, and zig zag through traffic like Frogger on crack.  I asked one of his relatives one time where he worked, because I heard someone talk about his paycheck.  I was told that he "worked for the state".  Found out later that was code for getting disability benefits for a fake injury.  Yeah, Mr. Parkour supposedly had a back injury so severe he could barely walk.

My prior job was at a collection agency.  We collected medical debt and local taxes.  A guy who lived right down the street was supposedly so injured with a bad back that he was disabled, and claimed he didn't have to pay taxes (they still have to pay one - a small one, unless they let it go, and then it triples).  We questioned his volunteer firefighter hat and coat, and he got indignant, saying not all fire duties are physical.  He left, refusing to pay.  Two days later, the fire whistle went off, and we saw him running down a cobblestone alley.  He jumped a chain barricade, a set of railroad tracks, and a high curb, got in to his car with lights and sirens blazing, and sped off.  We reported him to the county, but I doubt they did anything.

18 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I enjoyed this case. It’s refreshing to see mostly normal people litigate something that truly matters and not a $25 fishing pole. That said, I had a largely different take on this. I don’t think we ever got the whole truth from either side, but I’m not as convinced as JJ that the defendant actually had permission.  And even with permission, and in spite of the fact that the plaintiff does bear some responsibility for the crash I’d he did in fact allow her to drive, I don’t see how Haley completely escapes the responsibility for the destroyed truck. I don’t think there was a discussion about insurance on the truck and whether or not there was a claim filed. Haley’s remarks in halterview referenced “harassment” on social media and bullying on the part of the plaintiff. I have a feeling I’d call that stuff something beside bullying and harassment given those circumstances. Legal liability aside, Haley did nearly $20,000 in damages to the property of others and could have easily killed or maimed someone. You should expect some serious blowback snowflake. 

17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And Haley also has an extreme case of lead foot.    How fast was she going when she nailed that post?    I'm betting that Haley has a long history of vehicle accidents, and that's the only one on video.  

I'm probably in the minority, but I believed the Plaintiff's kid, for the most part.  His friend seemed to be embellishing a bit, but the kid's eyes weren't darting, he wasn't looking to the side, etc.  I wouldn't have thought anything of giving a friend my car keys to get something out.  And I'd believe that Haley would just think "Well, I'll just move the truck" and wrecked it, probably trying to show off for someone.  Seriously, what in the world was she doing going that fast, though?  She hit that post HARD.  I do absolutely believe he let her drive it more than just that one time, and perhaps other kids have as well, but when the wing-headed kid said about them going to Sonic and they told her she couldn't come along, I began to lean harder toward the defendant.  As for JJ freaking out because the other kid didn't say "Get my bag too"?  Meh.  Kids aren't logical.

• Love 10

I've been an insurance agent for 18 years and I can tell you the kids that participate in the costs of owning a car tend to take care of their cars and have lower "I'm a bonehead accidents". When parents ask what they can do to make sure their kids care about their cars I always say make them pay for at least part of it! I had a kid insured for a while that was like a mishmash of both of the flying truck kids. Of course his three serious accidents were not his fault. Including off-roading in a wash and almost killing a friend. According to mommy said accident was just kids out having fun how dare the other child's parents sue her for damages their son was only in the ICU for 8 days. My blood still boils over that one 14 years later.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

As for JJ freaking out because the other kid didn't say "Get my bag too"?  Meh.  Kids aren't logical.

I agree with you.  The guy's explanation about the back packs was just as likely as not.  So often her opinion of what's logical or normal is off; like when she's suspicious of people who don't have 12 month old text messages on remaining their phone. She'd be shocked to learn that unless I have regular/almost daily communication with you your text threads are wiped from my phone two days after we finish.  I also don't have 256 unopened emails in my inbox and am astounded by (and a little freaked out by) those who do.

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 7

Little bulldog plaintiff in house selling case was making me nuts with her neck jerking and "reel-a-ter".  Helpful hint from a fluffy chick: when you already have a double chin, don't pull your head back to your shoulders during your gesticulating.  It's not a good look.

Poor P in bike case was doing some serious wheezing in 3 steps to the accident board.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Holy... Did you check the huge red blotches/hives spreading like wildfire on Smother Mommy's chest and apple cheeks? I was afraid she was going to combust. She has to tell the whole story!

I am NOT defending her at all, but my face and neck FLAMES when I am nervous (speaking in public) or if I am having a conversation that is upsetting in any way.  Part of my Irish heritage, or so I am told.  And if I am pissed, it is even more red.  lol  So, she might have been nervous.  However, since I know I have that reaction, there is NO way I would go on court teevee with a case, ever. 

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, AlleC17 said:

I am NOT defending her at all, but my face and neck FLAMES when I am nervous (speaking in public) or if I am having a conversation that is upsetting in any way.  Part of my Irish heritage, or so I am told.

Me too - pale, red-headed, blue-eyed Irish. I used to blush furiously when young, giving all the guys I worked with much amusement, but it seems I llost that capacity many years ago. Anyway, if I knew I were prone to such things I might not wear a plunging neckline - never a good choice - to court. Personally I'd probably wear a turtleneck,a jacket and slacks and leave the body-baring/skin-tight/sleeveless/strapless/bra displaying ensembles at home. But that's just me and obviously our litigants see that differently.

• Love 10

Today's new episode-

Cheated out of 20k-Lease to own tenants do damage to idiot house owner's place, so she cancelled their lease to own, and added 30% to their rent.     The homeowner raised the sale price from $135k to $175k.       Starlina Todd is a kook, and bad owner, she's suing defendants for putting in sliding glass doors, fire pit, no sod in back yard, etc.    She sent an eviction notice because she wanted to change the price to $175k from $135k, and the defendants refused to get ripped off, so the defendants bought another house, that apparently was much nicer.     Plaintiff sold the house for the same price.    No money for anyone.  

Cyclists Don't Own the Road-Plaintiff motorist is suing bicyclist defendant for a collision in a parking lot, when the bicyclist hit the back passenger door of the car.    The plaintiff sounds awful going up to the accident board in court, and can barely walk or breathe.    COPD maybe?    Defendant did not stop, left the scene, went home, and claims the plaintiff threatened him, but didn't call the police.   I really wanted to hear about the lunch theft, but we didn't get to that.   

Defendant claims the plaintiff threatened him, and stole his lunch.    The defendant called the police when the plaintiff tried to break into his house, and this is a ridiculous lie.     The defendant claims the plaintiff who can barely walk 10 feet without gasping for air tried to break into his house, and claims he was afraid for his life.    The defendant is such a jerk, and a total whiny crybaby.     Defendant is the type of person that makes me scared to death to see a bicycle on the road, too many don't follow traffic rules, and take very dangerous chances.     The defendant better watch how he rides, or he's going to be a road pizza.     $10 to plaintiff for scuff.    

Rerun-

Cute Yorkie Makes Court Debute!-Yorkie let off leash on beach, owner claims off leash is legal on the beach,  runs up to other bigger dog, and gets attacked.  Totally the Yorkie owner's fault.   As JJ put it, plaintiff is a bad dog mommy.   Defendant had a bigger dog, Yorkie was 60 yards away from owner, and that's about 189 feet, and goes up to other dog, and gets nailed.       Plaintiff has expensive bills for the dog, and can pay them herself, everything was her fault.   Plaintiff gets nothing, and still has zero clue about her responsibility in this.  

Amusement Park Not So Amusing-This is the one with the admission tickets, and meal plan passes for Six Flags.    I'm sorry but man bun plaintiff should have known the Sainted Single Mother of Two (SSMOT) would rip him off for the tickets.     Defendant claims $140 each covers the season pass to the park, and three meals a day, and for up to 365 days.    The dining pass is not three meals, but lunch, snack and dinner.   SSMOT claims there will four passes purchased, one for the plaintiff.    Plaintiff hasn't been to Six Flags in many years.      There is a monthly payment plan for the passes, and all were on his debit card.    $1.132 dollars is the total of the tickets for  SSMOT, and only $445 was paid, but  $688 remains, and it's in collections.    Plaintiff and defendant are cousins, and I bet the family reunions are a hoot.     You know the SSMOT had some guy going to the park with them.      SSMOT pays $689 to plaintiff.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I believed the Plaintiff's kid, for the most part.  His friend seemed to be embellishing a bit, but the kid's eyes weren't darting, he wasn't looking to the side, etc.  I wouldn't have thought anything of giving a friend my car keys to get something out.  And I'd believe that Haley would just think "Well, I'll just move the truck" and wrecked it, probably trying to show off for someone.  Seriously, what in the world was she doing going that fast, though?  She hit that post HARD.  I do absolutely believe he let her drive it more than just that one time, and perhaps other kids have as well, but when the wing-headed kid said about them going to Sonic and they told her she couldn't come along, I began to lean harder toward the defendant.  As for JJ freaking out because the other kid didn't say "Get my bag too"?  Meh.  Kids aren't logical.

I agree with you about the kid's veracity; defendant daughter came across as a big liar. But it was amusing to hear JJ holding teenagers to a standard of logical behaviour and thinking, in light of her usual poor views of people that age, especially males.

It was another example of JJ making up arbitrary scenarios of what constitutes normal (or logical) behaviour, usually based on her limited life experience and knowledge. And if litigants have the audacity to stray from that fantasy script, then they are branded as liars, scammers and generally bad people.

We had another instance of that today in the car-bicycle collision case, which was also coloured by her frequent contempt for cyclists. I certainly would not have stuck around if Hillbilly Adams driver appeared threatening in any way; just taking out a phone to call the police could have been taken as provocation. A cyclist does not have the safety of staying in a vehicle until the cops arrive and is vulnerable being out in the open. Also, not everyone carry a smartphone contrary to what JJ believes; I certainly do not, except at work. So on both fronts JJ would have deemed me at fault because I did not conform to the script in her mind.

Defendant may have been a bit of a jerk, but I thought him to be credible.

I often marvel that a judge who sat for so long in family court would still use as an argument that people are expected to behave logically; she must have seen numerous instances of that not being the case over the decades, but she obviously has not learned from it. Her concept of "logic" is also frequently debatable.

21 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Totally the Yorkie owner's fault.   As JJ put it, plaintiff is a bad dog mommy.

As I believe I said when it first aired, there was indeed a cranky vicious vindictive animal involved in that case: the plaintiff herself.

• Love 9

I'm thinking if Haley is bullied and harassed at school, it's not because of the truck accident.  Also . . . best solution would have been for the cost of the truck to be cut in half, and plaintiff and defendant should have shared the cost.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Little bulldog plaintiff in house selling case was making me nuts with her neck jerking and "reel-a-ter". 

Starlina Todd, the corrupt secretary-treasurer of the Lollipop League.

I know I'm a loon, because I sit in front of the TV and imitate the facial expressions and vocal tics of the most interesting JJ litigants.  They make a face, I make the same face.  Starlina really had me at the top of my game today.  If Hollywood ever calls, I've got a whole stash of characters ready to roll.

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I know I'm a loon, because I sit in front of the TV and imitate the facial expressions and vocal tics of the most interesting JJ litigants

You're not alone.  Luckily, only a couple of greyhounds are around to witness the interactive JJ watching at my house.  They have actually learned to roll their eyes.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Little bulldog plaintiff in house selling case was making me nuts with her neck jerking and "reel-a-ter". 

OMG. That twitching, blinking, turtle-necking little beast drove me crazy. "Starlina"! Must be a popular name in the "Trailer Trash Baby Names" book.

35 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Hahahaha! Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh. When she was yelping about her "ril-a-ter" I think I said out loud, "Oh, if only Byrd could go over and deliver a smackdown on that little troll."

Couldn't stand "Timothy Robert-Fitzgerald" another little snowflake douchebag who thinks he's not responsible for anything he does because it's no big deal to him, everyone should watch out for him and he was scared and ran home to hide under his blankie no doubt. I might believe "Grizzly Adams, the Retirement Years" stole his wee lunch He was probably hungry. Boy, was Byrd annoyed with Bicycle Boy. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Outstanding!  I'd missed her name was "Starlina."  Sigh.

Today was my first day watching in a looooooong time.  Glad to see you all again! 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

We often hear that pronunciation on these shows and each time I wonder if it may be a regionalism of sorts. But I usually settle on simple ignorance for an explanation ("metathesis" does not cut it for me). It's also a little jarring when I am listening distractedly since "relator" is a concept used in mathematics, which jolts me back to my university days. I have also learned that it can be a legal term. None of which those dumb litigants would ever know of course.

That plaintiff certainly was one of the most morally repugnant person we have seen in quite a while, and that is saying a lot (it was very satisfying to see her throw a little fit with her papers after hearing the verdict).

Wheezy Adams may be short of breath, but he still has the bulk to do a lot of harm. I would not have stood around waiting for that lumbering frizzy hulk of the forest to calm down.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The defendant claims the plaintiff who can barely walk 10 feet without gasping for air tried to break into his house, and claims he was afraid for his life.

Plaintiff not only does not move like a gazelle, he couldn't even stand up for this case. I'm sure if he exerted himself in any way, he'd keel over and die on the spot. I bet whiny boy threw him his lunch, just to distract him, the way one might throw a hunk of ham at a dog charging. "I'm going to get you! I'm going to get... Oooh, food!"

26 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Outstanding!  I'd missed her name was "Starlina."  Sigh.

Good thing we have this forum, then. That was one of the best parts. Welcome back!

22 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

(it was very satisfying to see her throw a little fit with her papers after hearing the verdict).

That was the third best part. The best was undoubtedly her far-out facial contortions and the way she pulled her head in like a wary turtle.

• Love 12

Cute Yorkie Makes Court Debute!-Yorkie let off leash on beach, owner claims off leash is legal on the beach,  runs up to other bigger dog, and gets attacked.

This case should have been over and done with 15 minutes earlier than it was. Then the plaintiff could hit the mall on her way out of town and buy a proper bra that would narrow the chasm between her girls and those freaky eyebrows. Interesting tattoo. Wish my grandma was badass like that. 

• Love 5

Wheezy Adams looks like someone who would carry a gun too.  

9 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

My guess is that Haley identifies as a male. Probably not to her parents though. 

That is what I thought. She had a neck tie on.

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm thinking if Haley is bullied and harassed at school, it's not because of the truck accident.  Also . . . best solution would have been for the cost of the truck to be cut in half, and plaintiff and defendant should have shared the cost.  

I thought that maybe plaintiff son had been one of her few friends and now was posting about her sexual orientation on FB about her, out of anger about the truck. That's the kind of stuff kids do. Heck we see adults do it on this show all the time.  I kind of felt bad for her because of this.  I bet she has a hard way to go at school.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

OMG. That twitching, blinking, turtle-necking little beast drove me crazy. "Starlina"! Must be a popular name in the "Trailer Trash Baby Names" book.

Rarely have I taken such a strong and immediate dislike to a litigant as I did to this horrible little hobbit. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Me too - pale, red-headed, blue-eyed Irish. I used to blush furiously when young, giving all the guys I worked with much amusement, but it seems I llost that capacity many years ago. Anyway, if I knew I were prone to such things I might not wear a plunging neckline - never a good choice - to court. Personally I'd probably wear a turtleneck,a jacket and slacks and leave the body-baring/skin-tight/sleeveless/strapless/bra displaying ensembles at home. But that's just me and obviously our litigants see that differently.

Well.... as long as you wear the biggest hoop earrings you can find with a gigantic cross.... and of course rainbow colored streaks in your cotton candy hairdo and minimum of three inch talons 

• Love 7

Defendant did not stop, left the scene, went home, and claims the plaintiff threatened him, but didn't call the police.

Is it just me or did this dufus look badly hung over? He was white as a sheet, hair tossed from the night before and I could almost smell the vomit on his breath.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Plaintiff not only does not move like a gazelle, he couldn't even stand up for this case. I'm sure if he exerted himself in any way, he'd keel over and die on the spot. I bet whiny boy threw him his lunch, just to distract him, the way one might throw a hunk of ham at a dog charging. "I'm going to get you! I'm going to get... Oooh, food!"

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was the third best part. The best was undoubtedly her far-out facial contortions and the way she pulled her head in like a wary turtle.

Nice to see you are as compassionate as always, AH!  Hee!  Crackin' me up over here.  Gad, I've missed y'all.  Stupid work.  But I fixed it this semester! Ha!

Newbies!  @Byrd is the Word - oh that's great!  Perfect photo.  (Byrd, is it really you?!?!)

• Love 7
16 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

I am NOT defending her at all, but my face and neck FLAMES when I am nervous (speaking in public) or if I am having a conversation that is upsetting in any way.  Part of my Irish heritage, or so I am told.  And if I am pissed, it is even more red.  lol  So, she might have been nervous.  However, since I know I have that reaction, there is NO way I would go on court teevee with a case, ever. 

15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Me as well.  I'm pale as well, and my skin burns ultra easily.  I also have rosacea, so my chest, ears, face.....red/purple city.

14 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yeah, as I can attest, being chubby in any way will get you on the list.  And poor girl was a lot chubbier than I was at that age, and I got hit hard for it.  Also her different manner of dressing, and her general odd affect.  Not that there is anything wrong with it, but as Rush so eloquently put it about the high school experience, "Conform or be cast out".  And as others have said, she probably has other incidents in her past with regard to driving fast and possibly illegally.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, badhaggis said:

I've been an insurance agent for 18 years and I can tell you the kids that participate in the costs of owning a car tend to take care of their cars and have lower "I'm a bonehead accidents". When parents ask what they can do to make sure their kids care about their cars I always say make them pay for at least part of it!

When my girls got their licenses, I was told by my insurance agent that nearly every single kid they insure gets into an accident within a year of getting their license. Of course, my agent was in a fairly affluent area where kids routinely get BMWs (and not 20 year old ones) and souped up Hondas with all the bells and whistles for their first cars (obviously not my kids who paid for their first rides by themselves - the only accident was when a 92 year old woman ran a stop sign and T-boned my younger daughter so hard that the SUV my DD was driving flipped and landed on its hood. Thankfully she was okay. 

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm sitting at my desk laughing way too hard. I've got the vision of Napoleon Dynamite throwing the ham at Tina the Llama in my mind. 

Starlina the Squished was too much. Imagine her not being able to make MORE money than she was supposed to! She was surely entitled. That's what happens when Karma bites ya on the booty. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Yeah, as I can attest, being chubby in any way will get you on the list.  And poor girl was a lot chubbier than I was at that age, and I got hit hard for it.

This girl is not chubby. She is morbidly obese to a point where if nothing is done, she's been set up for a lifetime of real health problems and unable - for lack of breath and mobility -  to do all the things other kids enjoy like swimming, skating, cycling, dancing, etc. I feel (Yes, JJ - I know you don't give a rat's ass how I feel!) that parents who feed their babies into this condition are just as guilty of abuse as they would be if they didn't feed their kid enough. You CAN "Kill with kindness". AND, as mentioned, the psychological damage as a result of the natural cruelty of other kids is a double whammy. I get so angry and could cry when I see young kids suffering from obesity.

11 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Is it just me or did this dufus look badly hung over? He was white as a sheet, hair tossed from the night before and I could almost smell the vomit on his breath.

Now that you mention it, yeah. Hee!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

This girl is not chubby. She is morbidly obese to a point where if nothing is done, she's been set up for a lifetime of real health problems and unable - for lack of breath and mobility -  to do all the things other kids enjoy like swimming, skating, cycling, dancing, etc. I feel (Yes, JJ - I know you don't give a rat's ass how I feel!) that parents who feed their babies into this condition are just as guilty of abuse as they would be if they didn't feed their kid enough. You CAN "Kill with kindness". AND, as mentioned, the psychological damage as a result of the natural cruelty of other kids is a double whammy. I get so angry and could cry when I see young kids suffering from obesity.

As someone who was horribly bullied, I was just trying to be kind in regard to her BMI - she gets enough for it from other kids, and telling them repeatedly that they're fat does no good.  She looks to me that she may have some issue, like PCOS.  I have PCOS and my weight ballooned when I turned 18.  Every day, I was walking 2+ miles and on various diet plans, but up it went anyway.  She has many of the hallmarks of PCOS.  Losing weight can be done - I've done it - but it's really hard and extremely slow (it took me 15 years to lose 100 pounds).  I don't completely disagree with your assessment - many kids nowadays are far too sedentary and not being encouraged to get out by their parents.  They did say Haley was on the track team doing shot put, so at least she's got some sort of activity going on.

• Love 5
On 1/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

the only accident was when a 92 year old woman ran a stop sign and T-boned my younger daughter so hard that the SUV my DD was driving flipped and landed on its hood. Thankfully she was okay. 

Each of my kids had a total wreck.  My daughter, the sensible one but not the best driver, slipped on black ice and rear ended an old mini van.  No injuries thank goodness.  The Civic crumpled well and sacrificed its life for hers. Forever grateful to Honda and quality engineering for that.  My son is the better driver but a was very unsettled high schooler.  He lost control late at night in a construction zone and pin balled against concrete barriers for a couple of hundred feet or more in what must have been a terrifying ride.  When he got home uninjured and told me what happened I was angry and balled him out hard.  Later that day I drove to the lot where the wreck was towed.  I'm getting chills right now just thinking about it.  When I saw what was left of the car I cried like a baby in a sudden outburst.  How easily that day could have been filled with hospitals, police and funeral directors.  By the grace of God, his own strength and (maybe) good parenting he outgrew his angst, received a college degree and is now settled and happy with a terrific family of his own.  Now I get to tell a much happier story that I might not have otherwise.  As parents, if we can get them out of HS in one piece and moving mostly forward we've done at least a fair job of parenting. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Each of my kids had a total wreck.  My daughter, the sensible one but not the best driver, slipped on black ice and rear ended an old mini van.  No injuries thank goodness.  The Civic crumpled well and sacrificed its life for hers. Forever grateful to Honda and quality engineering for that.  My son is the better driver but a was very unsettled high schooler.  He lost control late at night in a construction zone and pin balled against concrete barriers for a couple of hundred feet or more in what must have been a terrifying ride.  When he got home uninjured and told me what happened I was angry and balled him out hard.  Later that day I drove to the lot where the wreck was towed.  I'm getting chills right now just thinking about it.  When I saw what was left of the car I cried like a baby in a sudden outburst.  How easily that day could have been filled with hospitals, police and funeral directors.  By the grace of God, his own strength and (maybe) good parenting he outgrew his angst, received a college degree and is now settled and happy with a terrific family of his own.  Now I get to tell a much happier story that I might not have otherwise.  As parents, if we can get them out of HS in one piece and moving mostly forward we've done at least a far job of parenting. 

I had an accident at 16 that wasn't my fault (an elderly man dozed off while driving and sideswiped me), and I had one at 17 that was my fault.  I was stopped at a stop sign on a rural road.  Two way stop - the cars coming from the other way didn't have to stop.  There was a row of trees and I couldn't see.  The person who was at the stop sign opposite me waved me out.  I courtesy waved back and pulled out - and got the front end of my car taken off.  I got lucky.  Had I been even a few inches out more, he'd have hit me where I sat.  I ended up with some bruises from the seat belt, and one where my arm banged in to the door frame, but other than that, I walked away.  I learned to NEVER trust someone who waves you through.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The person who was at the stop sign opposite me waved me out.

I know these people are well intended and some of the more courteous drivers out there but they are dead wrong to do that.  Or people who awkwardly yield the right of way when they clearly have it; it interrupts the natural flow of traffic for the rest of us.  Never will I bet my life or anyone else's on the say so of a total stranger who, though well intended, my have his head completely up his ass. You operate your vehicle and I'll operate mine.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The Smell-O-Rama on my TV must have been defective because I did not get that; I did get a distinct impression of stale sweat, amongst other things, from Wheezy Adams.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, AlleC17 said:

I'm sure I'd be labeled a liar for several reasons... 1) I tend to think before speaking, and TV judges want you to answer NOW (2) I may well want to amend or change a statement after a few minutes to more fully recollect an incident - so my written statement may not be the same as my testimony (3) I think when JJ starts grilling me because an answer doesn't jibe with her preconceived theory I might revert to my years in the Army, come to parade rest - stare at a point 6 inches above her head and answer yes/no/not sure ma'am to all her questions (4) yes I have a smart phone, but I started in computers in the early days when 640k was more memory than anyone needed - I don't keep old emails and text messages (5) I use money orders and cash to pay most of my bills - not because I'm out to scam the taxman, but because my part time job is a cash business and that's how I'm paid (6) sorry, MM, often cash is exchanged with nary a canyon/toilet paper receipt being drawn up.... I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea

• Love 6
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I had an accident at 16 that wasn't my fault (an elderly man dozed off while driving and sideswiped me), and I had one at 17 that was my fault.

I managed to sideswiped a parked car on the very day I got my license - it was the first time I was driving solo in the family station wagon to work - I looked down to fiddle with the radio - wham...  really, with all the people who wreck changing the radio station, you'd think they'd have you practice that in drivers ed

I learned to NEVER trust someone who waves you through.

Words to live by!

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I am pale (but it has olive undertones as I also have Italian), red headed and green eyed.  If I know I have to speak out somewhere (board room/meeting etc) I also do the turtleneck/jacket combo.  lol  But it seems most of the court tv litigants opt for the plunging neckline...hey they are on TV!

• Love 5

Karma and the Camera All I’ll say about this case is that each of members of the this ex-relationship is annoying AF. Individually they’re insufferable. Now close your eyes and picture them as a couple. Positively the worst. Also willing to wager that turd isn’t going to follow JJ’s advice and return the gift. Any takers?

Teen Failure Blamed on Tutor. In a nutshell, this case is exactly what the title suggests. Very well put together and impressive tutor puts in long hours prepping an unmotivated student. When the kid bombs his midterms mom feels entitled to stiff the hardworking tutor out of $450 as if the teacher offered a money back guarantee. Your issue is with your kid mom; he’s the only non performer in court. Interesting case from the standpoint that JJ showed a rare glimpse of her softer side and Byrd had a couple of funny remarks that made me smile. 

• Love 8

Today's new episode (I hope new, my cable guide lies a lot)-

Bitter About Boy Toy-Who ever called this guy a Boy Toy at JJ central is in need of glasses.  Man is 41, and she's 55, but he looks a lot older.   Defendant hooks up with girlfriend, she buys a camper from her settlement for him.    He still has the camper, but she has the title (smart woman).   JJ gives woman back the camper.   

ATV was purchased for him, by her. but he claims he sold it to a friend, who he can't remember.   However, he's from Nebraska, and JJ told him to come up with the name and number of the 'friend' he sold the ATV to or he's not getting a ticket home.   She gets ATV back to resell, or Jabba the Butt 'boy toy' gets to stay in L.A.    Short case.  

Handsome Lawyer Remodel Fail-Handsome attorney suing defendant for botched remodel, and design of legal office.    Defendant wants money for expenses for remodel start.    Defendant has no training or education for design work, used to work in a coffee shop, and worked as a PA on several minor projects, and sold furniture for four months.   

I agree with JJ, what the hell was the plaintiff thinking hiring this guy?    He paid him $2750 for materials (an accent wall of reclaimed wood), and just over $300 for getting materials.    Wood was never delivered, and lawyer/plaintiff says the wood was never delivered, or installed, and thinks the receipt is phony.     

Paul Overett is a California personal injury attorney with his own firm, unfortunately that didn't translate to hiring a competent, honest decorator and designer.      JJ points out that the letter head on the receipt is a misspelling of the company name (Demiter v. Demeter), and proves the defendant is a liar and thief.   Defendant is a nut case, and I bet he has a long, strange history.  Plaintiff gets $2750.   

Rerun-

Karma the Camera-Man given camera as gift by ex-girlfriend two years ago, he used it for 18 months, and she wants it back.    Camera was a gift to ex-girlfriend by her dad, and he wants it back.     The daughter borrowed the camera, and left it with boyfriend.      Then she borrowed it back for her trip to Hawaii, and Vietnam, but I don't know if she ever went.      It was a gift, but JJ advises him that it would be a good idea to give it back, because he'll never enjoy using the camera, and she's so right.   

Teen Failure Blamed on Tutor-Teacher tutored teen in Chemistry and Algebra, for $50 per hour.     Defendant mother didn't pay for all of the tutoring because son didn't pass.    Not the teacher's fault, and she gets her back pay.     Another snowflake mommy who blames everything on everyone but her special snowflake son.  After little Benjamin flunks his mid-terms in both subjects, mommy refuses to pay for online tutoring sessions in that month.      Defendent Mommy says she would have paid only if he passed.   Defendant mommy owes $ 450 online tutoring one-on-one.     (This is the one where JJ admits she didn't pass Chemistry, but squeaked by in Algebra.   Byrd did very well in Chemistry, and Algebra.   Byrd says he used his chemistry knowledge to play jeopardy).  

Locally, they call the wave across causing a horrible accident the "Dothan Wave", named for the city I live in.    Nice, well intended people wave someone out of the parking lot exit, wait for them to cross in front at the stopped traffic for the light, the poor other driver thinking the polite waving driver looked first, pulls out to the left turn lane, and gets wiped out by someone driving legally in the long left turn lane.      There's at least one a week here, usually at three or four of the same big intersections.      I also don't believe the people oncoming with their turn signals on, because I've seen too many change their minds, or they just have their blinker still on from changing lanes, and keep going straight.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Teen Failure Blamed on Tutor.

Another case of a parent (usually a mother) confusing duty of performance and duty of result. The person they hire (tutor or lawyer) can only do so much and cannot guarantee things that are beyond their control, like a student actually putting in the work or how a court will decide a case. Oddly, JJ was cuddling the lazy young guy with her speech about failing chemistry not being that important.

34 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Handsome Lawyer Remodel Fail-

Plaintiff was a bit of a jerk, but he clearly had been stiffed by the alleged designer, who obviously has little knowledge of Greek mythology judging from his incriminating typo.

I often wonder about lawyers who come on as litigants on these TV court shows; they obviously are not the wisest or most competent in their profession and this one was no exception. Not only for his lack of judgment in hiring that guy but also for not catching the letterhead snafu. Unless he had done so and mentioned it in his filing papers but JJ decided to appropriate the credit for herself (he did say that the thing was a forgery). Whatever the case, he deserved to be reimbursed despite his faults.

• Love 9