Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 2/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

How to Tell if You're a Crazy Cat Lady!

The Plaintiff was extra dense it seemed too. Multiple times, JJ told him to shut up because he wasn't losing, but he was so focused on trivial details he just had to keep shouting out. He's really lucky the Defendant was too dense as well to listen to what JJ was saying, so he ultimately won (I think?). But he came really close to talking his way into a boot. 

• Love 8

Learned a new Yiddish word from JJ during the case with the teen drivers from New Hampshire a few days ago. The plaintiff Dad who owned the car his son was driving at the time of the accident kept interrupting, smirking and staring at the defendant and was being generally annoying and JJ says "you're a nudnik." I rushed to Google the word and the description is perfect and on point. My Yiddish vocabulary is growing every day. Thanks, JJ.  

Edited by Matty
  • Love 9

Both episodes are new today, and all week.    I love ratings sweeps month.

First Episode-

Stabbing, Slashing, and Kidnapping?-(Defendant claims ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend stabbed multiple times in the head and face, and his tires were slashed over money)-On a shallow note, light pink hair on the plaintiff makes her look like an enraged ball of cotton candy.    Plaintiff is suing for assaults, vandalism, and a false CPS report.    Plaintiff claims defendant assaulted her, police report was made, and closed without charges.   On the same day as the assault, defendant was taken into custody by police, after he was stabbed, and arrested by the police, but charges were dropped.  JJ just had to hear that plaintiff woman made a text booty call, and that's why defendant was going over to her house.   Plaintiff/Pinky went outside at 2 a.m., claims she knew the defendant was armed, and claims he was paying her for car vandalism on her car.  Plaintiff Pinky says that man assaulted her, two passersby saved her, and she ran inside and called 911 (no copy of the call either), and police report says 'stalking' was the report.   She didn't go to the hospital that night for her hideously injured hand.   

This is awful-my cable channel has gone bye-bye, and switching to the HD didn't work either.     I'm officially upset, and only halfway through the episode.  Someone needs to fill in the rest of this bizarre case. 

It came back after the case ended, and there are two other litigants.

Defendant apparently didn't pay rent, and claims she was a house sitter, not a tenant.    Defendant lived there from August to January, six months, $3090 for the plaintiff.

Second Episode-

Child Support Bill (Deadbeat dad who owes $44,000 wants to buy annual passes to Disneyland)-Defendant owes $44,000 back child support,, and he works under the table, and so they can't garnish wages that don't technically exist.    Plaintiff is suing defendant for part of daughter's annual Disney pass, and car parts.    His excuse is he was in jail for two months, then was unemployed, and then made little money.    He has three other kids after the daughter with the plaintiff.     The defendant's current wife, and mother to three kids is sitting there smirking like she'll never be stuck with the bills for her kids someday too.   The deadbeat defendant is considering doing annual Disney passes for him, three kids, and current wife, when he owes $44,000.  Then deadbeat decided he couldn't afford the Disney passes, and since the plaintiff's daughter's mom already bought a Disney pass for the kid ($619 for a year for one), and defendant agreed to pay for headlights for car daughter has.    JJ gets defendant deadbeat's social security number, and tells plaintiff to get a lawyer, get tax returns, and application information on car loan application, and then go after him for the money.  

Deadbeat defendant is a total liar about his income, and will never pay her.     JJ gives the plaintiff no money, because it's the wrong court, and she needs to go after his money for the child support.  

Drug Addiction Duo-Defendant got kicked out of house when he had drugs in the house, but claims landlady plaintiff brought in more drugs than he did.   Plaintiff woman got hurt, and man was supposed to move in and help her, then later pay $100-150 a week rent, and drive Uber.    Collateral for the loan was a sleep number bed, and speakers, she loaned defendant $1800 to buy the car for the Uber gig.     She tossed him after she found the drugs, and he's blood red, and crying, and he looks like he's about to collapse.     Defendant claims he left the Sleep Number bed in her house, and it disappeared.     Defendant claims the plaintiff's medical marijuana smoking caused him to relapse on crack.     Defendant is suing for u-haul and storage and moving fees.    

JJ doesn't award rent to the landlady, who always lived alone before the man moved in, and won't be renting rooms now.  Defendant now lives with his ex-sister in law, and has been clean for four months now.     Plaintiff gets $1800, for the loan only.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She tossed him after she found the drugs, and he's blood red, and crying, he's high as a kite.

I didn’t think he was stoned. To me he came off like a broken old man. Ordinary I’m not especially sympathetic to addicts; I’ve been around too many in my life. In RL and JJ, they are rarely more than lying, self obsessed emotional vampires. This guy got to me a bit. Maybe I’m a sucker for a grown man crying. But his honesty was refreshing and like JJ, I hope he gets and keeps his shit together.

22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Stabbing, Slashing, and Kidnapping?

I despised these people. I don’t think either of them spoke 10 words of truth. The allegations the P made against the D should be easy enough to prove yet she had zilch. A screen grab of the the alleged adult site listing should be easy to bring. Nope. JJ made the right call. Back to the holes you both crawled out of. Oh, and in addition to being a complete personal information security violator and propegator of fake news, Facebook is also clearly an abysmal dating platform. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 14

Both of the exes in the first case were horrible jerks.    I'm glad they didn't get anything, because they thought their words would be plenty of proof for JJ.    

I was torn about the Drug Duo, maybe he was just fragile, and I hope he is getting it together.  ( I changed that part of my original post).   But I disliked the landlady when I found out the man lived there for three years, and never paid rent, and she tossed him and then apparently junked his stuff.     I suspect that he wasn't the only person who fell off the wagon in that house.     She was a vengeful old harpy, and she wanted a full time companion, and wanted him to stay there forever.     I really like the way JJ dealt with him.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really like the way JJ dealt with him.

Amen. Call me a sentimental fool, but I appreciate her softer side when the circumstances allow it. The rent issue was murky. His move in was win/win. He needed a roof over his head and she needed a caregiver. Both got what they bargained for.  Maybe he contributed to the expenses and maybe not. But she didn’t bring a rent action for years. Why a recovering addict like her is messing with medical marijuana is a mystery/mistake also. He owes her the $1,800 for the car loan. I would have liked to see her held accountable for his missing property. It seems to me that if it’s held as collateral it’s an integral part of the loan. 

• Love 6

I suspect she was a very demanding person, who wanted a constant companion, and when he started to have a life of his own, she freaked out.    I would not be surprised that she did have something going on with his relapse, and I suspect there was more going on in that house, than the weed smoking.    The plaintiff was super calm for a JJ plaintiff, wasn't she?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

(Deadbeat dad who owes $44,000

What a sociopathic, slimy, ball-less POS, yet he had no trouble getting another ridiculous woman who wanted to breed with him and support him, cuz of course he'd never do to her what he did to the first kid. What amazing quality must he have? Certainly not good looks, charm, talent or financial acumen. He's a jailbird who  doesn't work, except 'under the table" on weekends even though he has FOUR kids to support and has never supported the first one. Out with the old and in with the new. Not an iota of shame does he have, and in the hall, makes some stupid remarks about how you should never get involved with redheads. Yeah, that's the source of all the trouble, you pinhead. When plaintiff said she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I then wondered what's wrong with HER. Nuts, all of them.

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Drug Addiction Duo

Both parties were unlikable, and he cries. A lot. Byrd did not look thrilled to transport the tissues to him. Def goes back on crack but it's the plaintiff's fault for using medical weed. Nothing is his fault! But why not blame everyone else for your bad choices?  It's like the Daddy the other day whose daughter is a vicious, drunken harpy but it's all her husband's fault for pouring booze down her throat. "Nothing I do is my fault!" is the standard go-to these days. Are there no standards for Uber drivers? I know nothing about this business, but can just anyone get a car and start driving people around, even if the driver is on crack or is a drunk? How does that work?

"Stabbing, slashing and kidnapping" will have to wait. I've had my fill for one day.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7

I think Byrd was reviewing his CPR procedures when he took the Kleenex to the defendant, because the man looked like he was about to fall over.     I'm wondering if the woman's medical weed was all she was on, or if her calm demeanor was related to her post accident medications still being around, and what her previous addiction was.    I've heard that some put extras on their legal weed, like fentanyl, or other drugs.   

Trust me, if I ever was on JJ, I wouldn't be that calm, and the plaintiff was stone cold.  

If you're worried about the app ride services, you might want to avoid looking at some recent news stories about both major services.    The stories of passengers and drivers attacking each other are terrifying.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I've never used either one, but the idea that one man was murdering people between picking up riders (no, he didn't kill the riders-apparently that's against the driver behavior rules), and the crash in Denver last year, and the other ones I've read about have me sticking to official taxi services, with fingerprinted, and background checked drivers.  

Lots of litigants on TPC, and JJ that seem super shady drive for app ride services.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

the other ones I've read about have me sticking to official taxi services, with fingerprinted, and background checked drivers.  

Lots of litigants on TPC, and JJ that seem super shady drive for app ride services.

For sure. It seems now - going only by what we see on this show - if you can't do anything else because you're an idiot, a drunk, a druggie, have a vicious temper or are illiterate, you can always be a home health aid or drive for Uber, no problem.

• Love 3

JJ today, the ditzy student who let a guy (that she didn't know his last name) steal a bunch of money from her account, not very interesting but since I just got my video capture working, is this the famous duck face we have been talking about or is this a new person who obviously does not own a mirror?JJ-duckface1.thumb.jpg.569027667a5995e47237a7cf8512b8e4.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

JJ today, the ditzy student who let a guy (that she didn't know his last name) steal a bunch of money from her account, not very interesting but since I just got my video capture working, is this the famous duck face we have been talking about or is this a new person who obviously does not own a mirror?JJ-duckface1.thumb.jpg.569027667a5995e47237a7cf8512b8e4.jpg

YES!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Both new episodes-

Blind Man's Outraeous Request-Uber driver suing blind customer for complaining about her to Uber.   Defendant wanted driver to pay for ride, and food for him.  Plaintiff drove defendant to Sonic, he ordered at the parking slot, and defendant forgot his debit card, and had no cash, but he had other cards.    Defendant asked driver to pay for the ride and his food, and then didn't pay her back.   Defendant says plaintiff threatened to file police charges, and instead of paying her back, he called Uber and filed a complaint.   Negative reports (2) made to Uber, by defendant.    Defendant finally paid woman back, but did nothing about the complaints.  Defendant called the police whining about someone expecting him to pay them back.   

Plaintiff gets $586, and defendant is a total jerk.  

Service Dog Attacked in Coffee Shop-Defendant's dog  (coffee shop owner) attacked plaintiff's dog at a coffee shop.   Defendant's dog was unleashed, but defendant claims it was the plaintiff's fault .    The defendant's dogs are Lab/Pit mixes, dogs had leashes on, but no one was holding either leash.     Personally, most service dogs I've seen are a bit bigger than the 10 lb. Papillon the plaintiff has.     Plaintiff claims both of defendant's dogs bit her service dog.     Defendant claims plaintiff opened door to coffee shop, and threw her service dog inside, so her dogs attacked.   That's the most outrageous thing I've heard in a long time.    Dogs were seldom at the coffee shop.   Defendant tells the ludicrous story about how it happened, and she's absolutely lying.    

Defendant should have paid the vet bills, and hoped no one would tell animal control what happened.    Defendant claims that only one of her dogs bit the plaintiff's dog.  Defendant was happy about the decision, because Byrd pays the money, not her.     Plaintiff gets $2100. 

Second episode-

You Look Scared to Death..I Like it!-Plaintiff is suing plaintiff for printing equipment she sold him.      Defendant claims the printing equipment was accurately described, and says he paid in full for the equipment.      It was screen printing equipment, and it was in self-storage, and then in the shed behind her house.    He paid $2200, instead of $4200.    Plaintiff's picture showed a brand new piece of equipment, and it was used, and old.  Plaintiff claims idiot defendant wanted to pay $2200, and the other $2000 in payments.  Plaintiff gets $2,000.   Byrd has to repeat that defendant needs to leave, NOW.

The Bank is Closed!-Parents plaintiffs (Stepdad and mom) suing deadbeat daughter, with a cold shoulder sweater (doesn't that defeat the purpose of wearing a sweater, with her bra straps handing out the shoulder cut outs).    When defendant came home from college, she wanted mother's name off of her account.   Then, defendant daughter (total idiot, must take after dad), gave her banking information to    Defendant is being sued for credit card payments, insurance, etc.   Mother put money in the account every two weeks, depending on what daughter needed for school.    Defendant was cut off in May.     Friend Chauncey was going to put money in her account, she gave him the banking account information, and (Surprise!) Chauncey emptied the account (about $2500+).      Defendant didn't even tell the police the man's name, because she thought he'd give the money back.     What an idiot the daughter is.   Wonder what she's studying?   

Chauncey gave her no money (what a shock), and daughter thinks she shouldn't have to pay the parents back the money because it wasn't her fault.    Daughter says "if mother had taken her name off of the account the daughter wouldn't have lost the money".     No fool, if your mother's name wouldn't have been on the account, she never would have found out how stupid and gullible you are, and you would be the only one that knew about Chauncey ripping you off.    I hope the mother sticks to her guns, and keeps the bank closed.      I can't believe the daughter didn't tell the police Chauncey's name.  

Plaintiff gets $2514.   

Ebay of Pigs Kelly Filkins got federal charges against her too, and actually served jail time for fraud, and yes she died.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 1/17/2019 at 10:29 AM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

In case anybody was wondering (like I was), I googled Nancy Gonzalez purses. (which JJ was mentioning a few days ago during one of the cases). 

They sell them at Neiman Marcus and Saks and they average $2000-$3000 apiece.  So I'm buying you all one for Xmas. 

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 1

Is the “your honor” drinking game in effect today? I need an excuse to get hammered for the State of the Union tonight.

I suspect that Darrell Bowles The Second has scammed free Uber rides and food from many drivers who felt bad for him and didn’t pursue repayment. Good on Kimyade for not falling for the manipulation. His indignant, “Then why’d you bring me here?!?” was priceless. I’m glad Kimyade got her judgment.

It was funny that JJ doesn’t know how a Sonic drive-thru works!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Intocats said:

Is the “your honor” drinking game in effect today? I need an excuse to get hammered for the State of the Union tonight.

I suspect that Darrell Bowles The Second has scammed free Uber rides and food from many drivers who felt bad for him and didn’t pursue repayment. Good on Kimyade for not falling for the manipulation. His indignant, “Then why’d you bring me here?!?” was priceless. I’m glad Kimyade got her judgment.

This sounds terrible (but I have a feeling that I’m not alone here), but whenever I watch JJ or TPC and I see a litigant with disability is clearly running some sort of scam, I always wonder whether or not the scam they’re in court for is the first one they’ve ever pulled or if they’re repeat offenders. Obviously, this doesn’t only apply to the handicapped as many able-bodied people on these shows are habitual scammers. But people like Darrell Bowles are almost certainly aware that people generally feel immediate sympathy for the disabled and are more apt to let down their guard. It’s considered very un-PC to ever call out someone with an obvious impairment who is blatantly using it as a crutch, and they take full advantage of that mindset. 

A similar case was the one from a few years ago where heavy-set white woman in the wheelchair who sued the younger Black woman for assaulting her in a grocery store parking lot. It immediately became obvious that the plaintiff started the whole kerfuffle and the defendant didn’t really even touch her. I have a feeling that the plaintiff in that case was used to stirring the pot and then playing the handicapped card when confronted, but it didn’t work on JJ. I also got a racist vibe from her which I think other people on this board also picked up on at the time.

I think that the phrase “disabled people are people too” sometimes gets automatically misconstrued to mean “disabled people are always good people by default”.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Defendant should have paid the vet bills

The defendant clearly lost the judge with her ridiculous story about how the little do was bitten. But the plaintiff’s remarks about her damages being “at least $2,100” along with her hallterview remark regarding “negotiation” was very telling. I’m convinced that this plaintiff was attempting to milk this event for more than her actual damages. She lost me with her dramatic cleansing breath and Zen inspired hand gestures. And her Perry Mason objection was downright laughable. She’s hardly on the level.

50 minutes ago, Intocats said:

It was funny that JJ doesn’t know how a Sonic drive-thru works

I’m usually quick to point out her “let them eat cake” attitude, but in her defense Sonic is a pretty foreign concept to those of us east of the Mississippi.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Bobby88 said:

It’s considered very un-PC to ever call out someone with an obvious impairment who is blatantly using it as a crutch, and they take full advantage of that mindset. 

Somehow, no one has ever accused me of being PC! 😀

• Love 5

Defendant should have paid the vet bills

The defendant clearly lost the judge with her ridiculous story about how the little dog was bitten. But the plaintiff’s remarks about her damages being “at least $2,100” along with her hallterview remark regarding “negotiation” was very telling. I’m convinced that this plaintiff was attempting to milk this event for more than her actual damages. She lost me with her dramatic cleansing breath and Zen inspired hand gestures. And her Perry Mason objection was downright laughable. She’s a hustler.

55 minutes ago, Intocats said:

It was funny that JJ doesn’t know how a Sonic drive-thru works

I’m usually quick to point out her “let them eat cake” attitude, but in her defense Sonic is a pretty foreign concept to those of us east of the Mississippi.

• Love 6

You Look Scared to Death

Overfed, ridiculous, snowflake millennial jerkoff with douchebag hair who thinks the world is his mommy and makes a fool of himself. Yes, when I go to buy something and it's in pieces scattered all over the premises, I buy it anyway. Dumbass plaintiff ("We have a signed contract but it's not signed.") is so clueless she agrees to let this moron make payments. She's just lucky that douche-boy was more of an irritating idiot than she. The name of Killi Filkins and the infamous eBay of Pigs was invoked! Win/win. I think Byrd really wanted to grab oily PorkPie Boy by the shirt and throw him out, as he was creating nausea in both him and JJ.

Off to watch the nobly-named "Darrell Bowles II".

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Did anyone else catch JJ calling the long-ago plaintiff who scammed people by selling a picture of two iPhones "stupid"?  I wonder JJ knows the woman is dead.

Dead or alive, Kelli was not only stupid but amoral and despicable.

• Love 7
Just now, Byrd is the Word said:

That’s a bummer for you! Their frozen limeades are the bomb!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Bobby88 said:

I think that the phrase “disabled people are people too” sometimes gets automatically misconstrued to mean “disabled people are always good people by default

I share your feelings. I think many of us with compassion and who are able bodied, not horrible looking and have a little money in the bank try to recognize that life for many others has its hardships. But while watching Mr. Bowels I kept asking myself “when do I acknowledge this guy for the asshole that he is?”  For me it was the first time he referred to himself as incredulous.  

3 minutes ago, Intocats said:

That’s a bummer for you! Their frozen limeades are the bomb!

My daughter lives in Kansas City and it’s a favorite treat for their chocolate shakes. But they broke my heart a year ago when they discontinued malt as a flavor option.

• Love 7

Today’s episode has inspired a confession. Dogs make me anxious. I like them from afar but most of them make me very uncomfortable when they’re near me.  I don’t know where this comes from and I know it puts me at odds with 90% of the population as they seem recognize it as a character defect. I know this is unpopular, but I don’t believe they belong in a coffee shop. Please don’t hate me.

12 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I do not think that word means what he thinks it means.

Yep. Only in the broadest sense might that word apply to his demonstrated feelings. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Intocats said:

I have no idea either, since the only "Sonic" around here is an automotive service/gas station business.

After a great start, I was so disappointed in "Jessyca Brockington" who looked stoned and thought herself impossibly cute (not) but proved to be stunningly stupid that I quit. The guy who scammed her hit the jackpot with this idiot.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The defendant clearly lost the judge with her ridiculous story about how the little dog was bitten. But the plaintiff’s remarks about her damages being “at least $2,100” along with her hallterview remark regarding “negotiation” was very telling. I’m convinced that this plaintiff was attempting to milk this event for more than her actual damages. She lost me with her dramatic cleansing breath and Zen inspired hand gestures. And her Perry Mason objection was downright laughable. She’s a hustler.

Notice how even after JJ gave her verdict, the plaintiff was still holding up evidence. Byrd actually had to walk over to her as the scene was fading out and tell her to put it away.

I must be watching the show too much because every time a female litigant has low cut top on, I immediately start looking for the telltale redness that Her Honor always refers to when they’re lying. Did anyone else notice it on the plaintiff when she got to the point in her testimony where she sounded like she was getting choked up?

• Love 7

Darrell Bowles #2's chest hair was growing up his neck. A sight that I will never, ever unsee. 

Also, Dreamboat Darrell has a girlfriend. BECAUSE OF COURSE HE DOES. 

14 hours ago, DoctorK said:

THANK YOU!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And I bet after a night of smokin' hot s-e-x, he says, "That was incredulous!"

Sometimes I can't help but picture the plaintiff or defendant couples physically demonstrating their undeniable passion and devotion for one another.  It's like staring at a car wreck.  I know I shouldn't and it won't serve me well when I do.  Yet here I go again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I'm not sure JJ should have given Jessyca's parents the money back.    Since little Jessyca, the village fool, gave the man her information, and then refused to give him up to the police, then I wouldn't have given them the money.       The parents have to know she's that stupid, and yet they still kept plunking money twice a month in her account.     In JJ's place, I would have said I will give the parents the money when Jessyca makes a full police report with all of the information on Chauncey, and it proves to be legitimate information, with a real person attached to it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Sometimes I can't help but picture the plaintiff or defendant couples physically demonstrating their undeniable passion and devotion for one another.

I know, especially when they talk about it. I have this hellish, particularly vivid visualization (which CAN be a good thing, if you know what I mean. wink, nudge), and it took me years to get over the horrific brain pollution I had after the two gigantic hospital workers talked about their bout of oral sex in some stairwell. Dear lord, it's all coming back now.

If only this were real:

lovinchlor4AAs4TV.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

In JJ's place, I would have said I will give the parents the money when Jessyca makes a full police report with all of the information on Chauncey, and it proves to be legitimate information, with a real person attached to it.  

She's done that before.  Not very often, but I think when she suspects the litigants are trying to scam the court.  This was the perfect case for that.

Although, I question Jessyca's ability to know her OWN last name, much less someone who has her dickmatized.

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Intocats said:

In case anybody was wondering (like I was), I googled Nancy Gonzalez purses. (which JJ was mentioning a few days ago during one of the cases). 

They sell them at Neiman Marcus and Saks and they average $2000-$3000 apiece.  So I'm buying you all one for Xmas. 

It quoted the wrong person above instead of @ItsHelloPattiagain

If you buy me one of those bags, we are either going to have to meet at the Saks in Beverly Hills so we can verify authenticity or I'll have it checked out online by Angela Houston of My Poupette to make sure the bag is authentic. If it's not authentic, I'll just go to the Hermeez store instead with Kevin Celentano. 

Loved the "remember that idiot?" remark about Filkins. 

I live in good old Brooklyn NY and the only exposure I have to Sonic are the commercials with those two annoying guys in a car. I have no idea how it works either. I just asked a friend and he said he thinks they are drive up only and you can't go in and eat inside the place. Is that true?

I was very confused about the case with the dumb college student who gave her bank account info to Chauncey. If she didn't give him a blank check or her bank card, how would he empty her account with the routing number? I thought those numbers were for authorized withdrawals only like bill paying and the like. How did he get the money out? Can anyone who finds even a voided check of yours clean you out because they have the routing number? The defendant in that case looked high as a kite to me.

The hair on the neck of the blind scammer gave me the heebie jeebies. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I just asked a friend and he said he thinks they are drive up only and you can't go in and eat inside the place. Is that true?

I hit one in Denver the other day.  There is no dining room.  You can drive through like any other fast food experience.  OR you can pull into a stall like the car hop days of old.  Each space has a huge menu board and a call button for service.  Your order is confirmed on the screen; I like that.  You have the option of paying by credit or debit right there or pay the car hop when she/he brings your food.   Unless you're a blind guy with a bad attitude and a haircut to match.  (There I said it.  I'm going to Hell)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Here in the Chicago area there are/were two that I knew of.  One was in a far off suburb and went under and another not too far from O'Hare.  I used to indulge in a chocolate malt when they had that ingredient, but since they no longer have that flavor it's not worth the drive. 

A number of the ones here have gone under.  I can think of 3 off of the top of my head, out of about 6.  In the larger cities (not Philadelphia large, but like Harrisburg), people will still hit Sonic up despite the cold weather, but in the smaller cities that are surrounded by rural communities, no one wants to go when it's cold, and their food wasn't anything special enough over other offerings here to make people go.  The only ones who survived are in larger cities that are surrounded by suburbs, or lots of colleges.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm not sure JJ should have given Jessyca's parents the money back.    Since little Jessyca, the village fool, gave the man her information, and then refused to give him up to the police, then I wouldn't have given them the money.       The parents have to know she's that stupid, and yet they still kept plunking money twice a month in her account.     In JJ's place, I would have said I will give the parents the money when Jessyca makes a full police report with all of the information on Chauncey, and it proves to be legitimate information, with a real person attached to it.  

Mr Shibbles said the parents will probably take Jessyca out to lunch after they are done with filming.

As far as Sonic, 

They are overrated.  Their ice cream lacks flavor. It only tastes sweet.

I do like their diet limeade.  They also have awesome ice 👍🏻.

• Love 6

Onion Rings, my friends.  Onion rings are the reason to visit Sonic.  Big, thick cut onion rings cooked only when ordered and with the perfect batter to onion ratio.  Everything else is average to good fast food.

32 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I used to indulge in a chocolate malt when they had that ingredient, but since they no longer have that flavor it's not worth the drive. 

I feel your pain, Byrd!  I adore "malteds"!!!  It elevates a chocolate shake to a whole new level.  I will make myself sick on the Robin's Egg malted candy at Easter.

What I couldn't figure out about the Uber Abuser was the math.  He claimed he paid $18 a few days later, then another $18, then even another $20.  How much f-ing food did they get???  Does Uber take cash for rides?  I only use Lyft (with stellar results) and rides have to be paid thru PayPal on the Lyft app.

• Love 6

It's hard to mount a strong argument for any of the fast food fare unless you're drunk and hungry at midnight.  Those places are my go to plan only when I've failed to make a better one.

3 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

What I couldn't figure out about the Uber Abuser was the math.  He claimed he paid $18 a few days later, then another $18, then even another $20.  How much f-ing food did they get???  Does Uber take cash for rides?  I only use Lyft (with stellar results) and rides have to be paid thru PayPal on the Lyft app.

The math made no sense to me either.  And you're right; there's no money due for the ride since it's linked to a payment card.  I was holding on to see what the remarks were that cost Mr. Bowells $538.  It's the rare litigant that walks aways with libel money.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I took it that it was $18 for GF and $18 for him (roughly) and the $20 was "for your trouble".

• Love 4

I bet GrubHub banned him, because people would show up with his food, and he would "lose" his debit card again.   My guess is he stiffs a lot of people, and thinks he'll always get away with it.   I hope Lyft, Uber, and everyone else bans him.  

For those poor people who don't have Sonic (I never saw one until I moved West either) they have big awnings, and you either go through the drive-thru, order and pick up, or you pull into a parking space under the awning, push the button to tell them you're there.    Then you order off the menu, and the wait staff brings the bag out to you, and you pay then.      They specialize in a huge assortment of their slushes, and used to have fewer options, but had more package deals,    I used to like the double burger deal, with two burgers, either with mustard or mayo, and either tots, onion rings, or fries, and drinks-it was called the brown bag special I think.   There are Sonics all over the South too.    One of the big attractions to Sonic is they're open really long hours, all four of the ones in my town are open until midnight, and I think they even have breakfast.   Lots of interesting things happen there late at night, and they may end up on JJ someday.    

They don't have walk in seating, but some have a few picnic tables out front, and you can walk up to the window and order.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

It's hard to mount a strong argument for any of the fast food fare unless you're drunk and hungry at midnight.  Those places my go to plan only when I've failed to make a better one.

The math made no sense to me either.  And you're right; there's no money due for the ride since it's linked to a payment card.  I was holding on to see what the remarks were that cost Mr. Bowells $538.  It's the rare litigant that walks aways with libel money.

I paused it on the first of the two "complaints" and it read a like form letter from Uber that said something like, "Hello Johnson, A rider has reported that they felt uncomfortable. WE wanted to share this feedback with you and emphasize that you should be courteous" or whatever. That was an odd way to put it and how impersonal that Uber write "Dear Last Name" on a message. I am wondering if the "complaint" was some type of feedback form where you check off what your problem was. Then Uber lets the person know that someone complained and includes whatever info was checked off. But it was all very generic.

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I took it that it was $18 for GF and $18 for him (roughly) and the $20 was "for your trouble".

The text message that he sent to her said that he paid her $18 and then $18 again and then wrote "I think I now owe you $8 but that doesn't feel like enough so I'm giving you $20." I will have to go back and watch but that was what he said, just not the correct wording. He also said he wanted this to end "piecefully."

I think the Uber driver paid for the ride, and the dinner, and that's why the loser owed her so much.     I'm sure he got a lot at Sonic, and hope it was a little off, and gave him a monumental case of explosive diarrhea.    

Wow, I didn't realize you can pay cash for a Uber ride but according to their web site some cities do allow this. 

Edited to add: I just played it back and paused it on his note, it says:

Hello, I saw and responded to your request earlier, but I'm taking it a step further. As I have calculated, I owe you 8 but I believe that this isn't good enough. SO I'm sending you $20.00 instead. I want this to end piecefully, and I want this to be a covenant between me and you, that this hostility will end. I accept my delaying in payment, and wish to see this ended for both parties to be at piece. for all involved. i hope this 

then the screen goes back to the courtroom

Edited by configdotsys
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

If you buy me one of those bags, we are either going to have to meet at the Saks in Beverly Hills so we can verify authenticity or I'll have it checked out online by Angela Houston of My Poupette to make sure the bag is authentic. If it's not authentic, I'll just go to the Hermeez store instead with Kevin Celentano. 

Are you doubting me? After all I've done for you? How I got your cousin's baby daddy's hairdresser a cell phone on my plan? How I got a title loan so you could pay off your BF's bail after that domestic violence/child support issue? How I babysat your kids until you didn't fill out the paperwork so I could get paid by the state? What's wrong with you? :D

3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Unless you're a blind guy with a bad attitude and a haircut to match.  (There I said it.  I'm going to Hell)

How would a blind guy know somebody messed up his haircut? (and I went THERE - maybe he forgot his debit card when he went to the barber) 

The Sonic by my house is a Sonic Beach (!), where you can actually sit inside, or do the drive-through, or the carhop thing. It closed recently for "renovations" after a couple of years. Of course, they built it right next to Chick-Fil-A which has the proverbial line wrapping around the building every hour of the day (except Sunday of course) 

2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Does Uber take cash for rides?  I only use Lyft (with stellar results) and rides have to be paid thru PayPal on the Lyft app.

I thought Uber was the same - you had to use the app and you paid with a credit card on the app ahead of time. I think there's an option to tip though. I'm guessing because of the complaint that Uber took the money back out of the driver's check so she was negative for the ride. Of course, it could have been that the extra money was like a "wait fee" like they have with taxicabs. And most fast food places have apps as well that a person can order the food and hit the button when pulling in so that a hot fresh order is brought right to the car (again, paying ahead of time through the app).  I know Chick-Fil-A and McDonald's both do. Wouldn't that have been easier than pulling up and getting out of the Uber, going in (with the mobility issue of blindness)? Unless the Uber driver was just sitting and waiting and finally went in to see that Mr. Sketchy had "forgotten" his card. And where was the girlfriend in all of this? 

• Love 6

Both new episodes-

First One-

Dad's Therapy Dog Scam?!-Man left country, and dog sitter won't give dog back.   Man claims his son needs a therapy dog, and dog sitter claims it's all a scam so man can have a dog in a No Pets building.      Man paid $1200 for dog, but wants $4,000.     Plaintiff gives JJ a receipt for obedience training for $80 (not service dog training).   Plaintiff claims it's a service dog, but has no training.      Plaintiff's entire family goes to Egypt in July, and in mid-August they came back, and friend won't answer his phone, or any other contact, and they only talk in November.    Pet sitter has dog in April, 2018, before they moved, and dog didn't even live with the family.    Dog sitter was married at the time, and now the ex-wife has the dog, and the defendant has the kids and the 3 dogs, with the 'service' dog.      According to defendant the plaintiff was moving into a No Pets apartment, so he was trying to get the dog certified as a therapy dog (Actually, the Emotional Support Dog routine usually gets the dog in the apartments).        JJ wants to know how much he paid former friend, and woman to take care of the dog for four months before he went to Egypt in July.    The prince of a plaintiff gave the pet sitter a bag of dog food, and jerky (actually I think the plaintiff is more jerky than the bag of dog treats was).     Plaintiff gets no money, no dog, and defendant gets to keep the dog.  

The First Lady of Hats-Plaintiff man ordered custom made hats from defendant in the past and was happy, but ordered another hat to be made, and one resized, for $735.    Plaintiff is buying the hats for his grandmother, the First Lady (the minister's wife of the church, usually).     The plaintiff never received the hats.     The defendant says he was defamed.     The new hat was $445, and the resize was 390, and defendant claims he shipped the hats back, and they were lost in the mail.      The hats were insured for only $100 each, and for $3.50 extra the hatmaker could have put full insurance on the hats.    Hatmaker is suing for slander on the internet.   The hatmaker did send two butt ugly hats as replacements, and they look like they came from Bozo's House of Ugly Hats.      The plaintiff received $100 insurance back, and the remaining from Byrd for $735.  How cheap of the hatmaker not to get the extra $3.50 insurance for the hats.  

Second One-

Fresh Start or Fifth DUI?!-Plaintiff wanted to stay with a friend to get a fresh start, and defendant says she found drug paraphernalia in the house.     Plaintiff moved back home, had no where to stay, so moved in with defendant.   Plaintiff got arrest two weeks later, for invalid driver license, no insurance, improper registration.     Plaintiff had three days in jail, after she refused breathalyzer, and blood draw.    Car was impounded, plaintiff signed car over to defendant to get car out of impound, and plaintiff was driving without a license again right after she got back to defendant's house.      Melissa Therrian (plaintiff) wants money for car she signed over to defendant.    Plaintiff wants to finance her license reinstatement.     Plaintiff's kids live with the kid's father, and now Melissa lives there too.      

Melissa Therrian wanted to move her kids into the defendant's house later too.     Defendant says Melissa left drug paraphernalia behind, and also says Melissa has had our previous DUIs, and the arrest was for the fifth DUIs.    Defendant received car after paying for registration, etc, so car is now hers.     Impound was $234, fees $300, Plaintiff claims defendant is a druggie too. After the car incident plaintiff sent two threatening text messages, and found four broken house windows on her house.  Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves less.

(I wonder if it's a coincidence that after this case one of the longer commercials is for drug treatment centers).

Girl Chooses Boyfriend Over Her Family-Scott Owen, plaintiff suing the defendant (boyfriend of his daughter) for $1400 to fix his truck.   Oh, goody, witness girlfriend works in a care center.  The girlfriend says she told boyfriend it was a loan, not a gift.     JJ gets the girl to get the borrow/lend thing straight, but she can't fix the rest of the mangled English coming out of her mouth.      Tyler, defendant, put off repayment, and is obviously a total idiot.   What a lovely couple Tyler and plaintiff's daughter make, with a combined IQ of maybe 50 points max.      Tyler never paid back a freaking penny, and why am I not surprised?    I hope the idiot plaintiff's daughter takes JJ's words to heart, about siding against her family.  Plaintiff gets $1400 (or $1500). 

• Love 4