Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Brattinella said:

This sort of thing should not be allowed.

The other day someone called him "my man" and Oh, boy! Worse than someone calling Judge Milian "miss" and if he sees anyone roll their eyes they are automatically toast.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

The other day someone called him "my man" and Oh, boy!

I saw an old Judge Joe Brown where the smarmy defendant actually addressed the judge as "JB". That did not go over well.

• Love 4
On 1/23/2019 at 6:31 PM, ButYourHonor said:

Who the heck has TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR birthday parties??  

Apparently that lady who works for Quest, aka the lab people. I'm guessing she's a phlebotomist which is ironic since the plaintiff getting her to pay him back was like trying to get blood out of a stone (see what I did there, hehehe)

On 1/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Years ago, I lived in southern New Mexico, and Texas got the lottery.     At first, the Texas lottery was only scratch offs, and maybe the lower paying jackpots added, and later it was the full lottery with big jackpots.     The strangest story I ever heard was a little old lady, on a pension.    She cashed her entire check, and instead of paying rent and other bills, she went to a convenience store and spent every penny on scratch offs.      She didn't even win enough to pay the rent.   So to make that money back, she went back to the same store and tried to rob them, as if they wouldn't remember her.    Yes, she got caught. 

Born in Albuquerque and still have family in Las Cruces - there are some WEEEEIR-does in NM. Last time I was in Alabama we drove to the Flora-Bama (ticky-tacky dive bar, venue and souvenir stand on the border)  so my close friends could buy lottery tickets - I won $2 and ended up buying MORE tickets and won nothing. I think I was out $5 for the trip. But that pull to reinvest was just dragging me under. . . 

Funky-rat, when I check out at Publix here in Florida, I watch people buying lottery tickets at the customer service desk and there's actually a vending machine where people can buy scratch-offs with their debit or credit cards. Hope does spring eternal for them. 

• Love 8

i've been away a long time but I just I hope she just stop the dog bite stories guys-I can't stand it anyore.

.  But I have an extremely important question:

What happened to that gorgeous emerald cut eternity band she used to wear? She still has those headlights  earrings. They must be glued to her ears.  Did she and Jery divorce?

yeah,I'm  writing fom the shallow end of the pool

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 7

New-

Huge Ego on Display!-Defendant claims plaintiff/boss paid for his transmission because he's "such a good employee" (alarm technicians, do installation on alarm systems, I think for houses).    Plaintiff suing ex-employee, and family friend for transmission repair, and down payment on car.    Defendant says he made less than $20k, but ex-boss says over twice that.    They work seasonally, I guess summer?   In Tulsa.  It was around $3k to fix the transmission, and boss paid for it.      

Plaintiff says defendant was going to pay him back $250 per paycheck.     Defendant never paid anything back.     Agreement changed to back end check for repayment, but no repayment happened.  Defendant still says he only got $3k, but plaintiff says a lot more than that.      JJ is sounding a little like Yoda today, and equally as wise.     

I'm reminded that the BTK killer in Wichita was also an alarm install technician, and for some reason the lying idiot defendant reminds me of that situation.  BTK installed for a major company (also a name with three letters), and either used the generic code to the alarm if it wasn't changed by the homeowner, or since he was so helpful with instructing the homeowners how to change it, remembered it.    Then, he would go back, disable the alarm, and torture and kill his victims.      The alarm company never had a clue.     

If I ever get an alarm installed by an outside company, Baby Huey won't be setting foot in my house.     Plaintiff wanted to keep working for company, but that didn't work out.    Plaintiff calls and says his car croaked again, and needed a down payment on a new car, and was selling old car as is (next week's case I bet), and plaintiff was going to pay defendant out of the back end check again.    Plaintiff paid back $1450, but still owed for the transmission, and the rest of the down payment.    Plaintiff gets $4260.

Masseuse on the Loose-Masseuse was supposed to pay back plaintiff at $80 per massage, and did 30, so $2400 (I think).    Richard Hardy, plaintiff is suing massage therapist for loan to start business, $6k.    She repaid $2512, and still owes $3488.   Defendant and plaintiff had signed contract, and some paid back by $80 an hour, and 30 massages.    $2912 left ($6k was the actual loan amount, but $1k outside the contract).    JJ told sad sack defendant to get a job.   $2912 to plaintiff.   

Rerun-

Human Trafficking?-(I remember this, psycho mother thinks her daughter is being trafficked, and in danger, mother is nuts!)-Plaintiff Sandra Eckler, was charged with making false statements to police, and hired an attorney to defend her.    Attorney is Eric Jensen, defendant.   Criminal proceeding was because she made eight police reports about her daughter, who was "missing" for two years, she hired a P.I. who said daughter might be at a house of prostitution, and so woman calls 911.    Police supposedly told plaintiff to stop bothering them, after multiple calls, visits to neighbors  house, and police contacted the daughter who swore out a complaint against the mother.     I can see why daughter doesn't talk to mommy.    

Philadelphia attorney Eric Jensen has a signed retainer agreement with plaintiff, and she paid $3500 ($2500 flat fee, plus surrender and book session was $1,000).    Plaintiff had a bench warrant, and had to surrender.     Kimberly Keenan is paid $25 an hour for court appearances, she's a junior associate, so was paid $50, and Kimberly and plaintiff talked on phone about $12.50 extra.      Preliminary hearing was going to cost $2500, but at the last minute plaintiff was going to hire another attorney, and put in a notice of appearance.      Police officer didn't show for preliminary, and case was dismissed.     JJ thinks law firm should charge less because they have junior associates.   

Defendant partner attorney talked to plaintiff for hour, talked to police officer, faxed letters and made several  phone call to client plaintiff, and investigating officers.     Plaintiff will get a bundle back $2500, but attorney did the work, and it's not his fault that the plaintiff is unhinged.      Plaintiff's daughter has some kind of protection order against mother too.        Since the attorney did so much work, and did do the booking session, I would have only given $1500 back to the plaintiff, and told the law firm to get a trespass order against her, and a no contact order too, because Sandra Eckler doesn't just stop bothering anyone.     I thought about it some more, and think that Sandra should be put on the vexatious litigators' list, if Pennsylvania has one.      And the police should have a list of people who are just using them to harass others, like the daughter, and ignore her further reports about the daughter.      I think the attorneys put in a lot more time and effort into this case than they're getting credit for.     

However, since it's not a real court, the nut case gets $2500 from the show, and the attorneys keep their money anyway.     I bet the young attorney is happy to get a job as a lawyer, and is bidding her time until she can get a full time job.    I bet she's just doing this job to get experience, and I bet if there's an opening in the partner's firm, then maybe she'll get a shot.   

Sandra Eckler is a nut case, and I feel so much sympathy for her daughter who apparently will have to sign up for the mission to Mars to get away from mommy.   

Sandra Eckler is going to get $2500 back and still keeps whining about it.      

Plaintiff gets $2500 , and should spend it on a nice strait jacket.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sandra Eckler is a total nut case, and is going to get $2500 back and still keeps whining about it.

I couldn’t agree more. Bat shit crazy with a dim wit chaser. Nevertheless, the fact he pays a bona fide attorney $25 an hour makes me not like him at all. I also think he took advantage this whacko and should have seen this CF coming. I never saw a guy fight harder for $2,500 he clearly wasn’t going to get. 

Masseuse on the Loose

“Hey honey, instead of those boring index funds and AAA rated bonds, how bout I take a $5,000 flyer and back the business venture of the goofy lady that rubs cheap oil on my fat, wrinkled, old ass?”

Baby Huey

Today’s installment of lying deadbeat also disproves the notion that black is slimming. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Bat shit crazy with a dim wit chaser. Nevertheless, the fact he pays a bona fide attorney $25 an hour makes me not like him at all. I also think he took advantage this whacko and should have seen this CF coming. I never saw a guy fight harder for $2,500 he clearly wasn’t going to get.

In the "Of Human Bondage" case: If I were hiring a lawyer who charges me 350$/hr, I'd expect him to be there, not to send one of his stable, who didn't seem to know if she was afoot or horseback and who gets paid roughly the same as a housecleaner. I'd be wondering why a lawyer would be willing to work for peanuts. Def. lawyer seems the type to refer to her as "my girl." Of course, he's a lawyer who doesn't know he can't testify with hearsay as to what some police officer said to him, or relay what the plaintiff's daughter said to someone else, in his double hearsay defense. Really!

People, again: Don't get into a physical altercation with your sic-nifi-cant other, don't whack anyone upside the head with firewood, don't engage in fisticuffs with your neighbours and don't crash your car into someone else's on the very day you were heading to the insurance office to fix the "discrepancy" issue on your insurance. Behave yourselves and don't do anything that would require the services of an attorney.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Baby Huey won't be setting foot in my house. 

Haha! Haven't watched this yet, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who sees a sad resemblance to Baby Huey in more than one litigant.

12 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Halterview exposes the fact that the entire mess kicked off when sparkles the bovine defendant did the horizontal tango with the plaintiff's BF.  A fact that sparkles appears to be rather proud of given she's clearly fabulous.

This better be on my PVR, which seems to take delight in not recording half these eps!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Baby Huey

For me he just brought back memories of an Austin Powers character with a very non PC name that included a synomyn for obese and the offspring from unmarried parents.

• Love 7

Just out of curiosity, I looked up Erik Jensen, the Philadelphia attorney.  To put it  mildly, he is not well thought of on Yelp.  One good rating (which anyone on Yelp can get from a friend or family member).  The others are all a 1 out of 5.  He has a habit of not showing up for stuff, and there were several complaints about him "multi-tasking" by taking phone calls and answering e-mails while talking to clients.  I bet he charges several different people for the same time frame that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Just watched "Baby Huey". The more I watch the show, the happier I am I'm not young and looking for a partner. If this is an example of a 24-year old man of today (and he's not alone in being a "useless" blob who expects everyone to take care of his fat ass) I would resign myself to being alone forever. While I believed everything plaintiff said, he was annoying in the extreme with his oratory/epic tales and also a damned fool for continuing to pay bills for that tub of shit, who didn't know enough not to stand there chewing gum like an ox. He better go back to Mommy and Daddy, who probably think the sun rises and sets on his large ass. Where does this ego and sense of entitlement come from these days? Where?

22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

JJ told sad sack defendant to get a job.   $2912 to plaintiff. 

Masseuse thinks "I don't have the money" excuses a debt. I wonder if plaintiff's wife knew about this little "Rub me for cash" arrangement? Not that I care.

• Love 6
On 1/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pigs Leave a House Like This!-Dumb and Dumber flunk out of school

Just saw this. Minnesota again? Anyway, genuis plaintiffs let Goofy and Fat Albert ( I know nothing about football but have a hard time imagining someone so morbidly obese being able to play any sport) move into their house, as I'm sure we all would. College student Goofy (who now lives with Daddy and his 19-year old gravid g/f who I'm sure is just as intelligent as her sperm donor shows the fruits of his education with his text: "I'm not paying no thousand dollars... Y'all already costed us... water bills for them toilets...not about to pay to referbish y'all house..." It hurt my eyes to read that. College student, people! He would have flunked out of 1st grade where I grew up but maybe standards are different in MN. Dull-eyed plaintiff Jamie had such horrific grammar it hurt my ears. His wife(?) is an idiot who can't answer a simple question. Neither brain-dead def has any idea how all the BB holes got into the house. It's a mystery.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:45 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Toxic Ex-Roommate?!

A grown, able-bodied young man expects sympathy for being such a loser he has to sponge off anyone who will take him, doesn't think he should pay rent and ends up living on the street when he can't find anyone else to take care of him? Nope, I can say I have zero sympathy for him. 

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Masseuse thinks "I don't have the money" excuses a debt. I wonder if plaintiff's wife knew about this little "Rub me for cash" arrangement? Not that I care.

The Defendant said that the contract said she had to repay when she was stable and solvent, and that she was never stable or solvent, so that meant she didn't have to pay it back.  Plaintiff then pointed out that he had a clause in the contract that gave a timeline for it to be paid back, and that negated her assertion.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

The Defendant said that the contract said she had to repay when she was stable and solvent, and that she was never stable or solvent, so that meant she didn't have to pay it back.  Plaintiff then pointed out that he had a clause in the contract that gave a timeline for it to be paid back, and that negated her assertion.

Everything about that case skeeved me out.

• Love 5

First case: The sexual harassment case was...interesting. I didn't know who to believe. The guy seemed kind of dodgy and slick, like he had something to hide. You would think a guy being accused of sexual harassment would be less amused and more defensive if someone tried to frame him by pulling pictures off his Instagram page and say they were inappropriate pictures he texted to them. On the other hand, very interesting that you would delete said texts and then bring it up in court as evidence.

That's the thing about sexual harassment. Like, I don't think most women things up out of whole cloth most of the time, but I do think a lot of women like to add eleven herbs and spices to Original Recipe Flirtation when they dislike someone or think it will get them something. In this case, it seemed like she was mad he didn't pay her her money, but she knew he might've been sweet on her, so she cooked up this whole accusation as a pretext. JJ annoys me a lot, but I wish we had more people like her, in open forums, discussing these matters before someone has to lose their job and have their reputation stained. I literally said, "oh, please" when she said they were out and he was touching her arm. I laughed when JJ said that wasn't sexual harassment and she didn't care how she felt.

Second case: Initially, I felt bad for the lady up until the last five minutes of the case. I thought, well, she's a foreigner, she probably thought her room and her belongings were safe, even if it was a bad idea to leave $1200 in cash just in an envelope. Yeah, she could've used the safe, but...she had a room she thought was locked and secure. But then it turns out the hotel did everything they could to help her and make sure none of her belongings were missing, but she wanted to sit outside because she "feared for her safety". Uh...what? And the whole thing about her fiance and his daughter not liking her was weird, too. I was like, "hmph, I wonder why the daughter doesn't like her..." She seems a little high drama and maybe dear daughter sees that, but pops just wants some middle-aged, heavy-set, chippy with hair dyed odd-fuschia.

• Love 10

That was a close one.     The local Fox channel that shows JJ, and TPC, had a major failure during Hurricane Michael, and has periodical "working on issues" at least on the non-HD channel, so I can usually switch to the HD, and get the show I'm missing.    However, this evening both channels were off until right as JJ came on.   

New-

Hotel Heist or Gold-Digger Guest?-The woman with the hotel case was another nut case, and if you don't use the safe, this will happen to your belongings, and my guess is the money was long gone.    My guess is the $1200 was a lie.     I've worked with a lot of foreigners over the years, and they have home safes, use hotel safes, and even if they deal in cash, they don't leave it around in plain sight.    How much cash can you bring into the U.S.?     Cute that husband (former fiance) of plaintiff didn't have her stay in his house because his 16 year old daughter doesn't like the woman?    Daughter has good taste, but unfortunately now that's her new step-mother.  

The hotel comped the woman for four nights, and changed her to a jacuzzi suite, so what the heck else are they supposed to do for her?    They made a mistake, and made up for it. 

I wonder how $1200 cash transforms into a claim for $5,000?   The woman stayed in the hotel, where cleaning people come in, and maintenance people, and left money laying out?    I find it amazing that the stuff that's missing was all high end, name brands.    I did love the $1 for makeup.    Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves less.     I wouldn't hesitate to stay at that hotel.   Unless nut case plaintiff comes back, but I hope she's on their banned list. 

West Nile Virus Threat?!-Another case of deadbeat defendants/tenants making any excuse to get out of paying their legal rent, and for damages.    They went month-to-month and didn't pay $2072, a month for September.     Tenant was unemployed after August, and ran like a bunny home to relatives in September.   They lived in the apartment for a year, and a few months later he lost his job, and disappeared after that.      

Damages  include a lot of crayon on the walls.       I agree with JJ, what was the kid still doing with crayons?   The man claims they were new parents, but they had a toddler, not a brand new baby.    I also agree with JJ that they only tolerated the damages because it wasn't the tenant's house.    They had a dog also, and with a $500 non-refundable deposit.    Puppy was very naughty with screens.  Making their own doggy door through the slider screen.          Plus, that home made screen doggy door wasn't made by a Chihuahua either, so I wonder if they were supposed to have a dog that big?   

Plaintiff gets $1,025  

Rerun-

Sexual Assault Allegations-The plaintiff woman was a total liar.   It is the plaintiff's burden of proof, but the defendant needs to bring proof that she's lying about payments.    $1036 owed, because defendant has no proof of payment.     

Claiming you have to put out to keep your job, when it's a total lie is disgusting, and though the plaintiff should be ashamed, I bet she's proud of it.  

Grabbing fairly generic photos showing off his mostly dressed body off of his Instagram, and claiming they were harassment is ludicrous.    The plaintiff should be ashamed, and if she made a police report, should be charged with making false reports.    It's despicable to make false charges like this.   Every time false charges are made it makes it harder for people who are harassed to come forward, and be believed.    I hate the plaintiff's head bobbing, and I can't stand her, and her big mouth.      

I love that JJ read the plaintiff the riot act, and did take the charges seriously.    Isn't it amazing that the liars always erased the messages and texts that prove their allegations?     I love JJ's ruling that posting that garbage, and sexual harassment allegations cancel her work payments, so the decision is nothing for either party.   

Warning-Tomorrow is a dog selling case, with a couple of nuts.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I remember the sexual harassment allegation case, and that woman was such a liar.

Awful, vile human being. And another example of the cesspool that is Facebook. (Nice post, btw.  In addition to being libelous, it’s one of the longest, most grammatically incorrect run on sentences I’ve ever seen.)

20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The second case was another nut case

And another bald face liar.  And did I miss it, or did the plaintiff fail to connect the hotel’s error with her alleged missing property? Unless I missed something, it seems highly unlikely that a person checked into a hotel, was mistakenly given a key for an occupied room, and then seized that opportunity commit a serious crime when he or she found a treasure chest of cash and jewelry in plain sight. I didn’t believe a word of Witchey Poo’s story nor did I hear any evidence that a crime was actually committed. What I did hear was an opportunist attempting to cash a blank check on the back of an honest and forthright hotel operator.

• Love 10

That hotel guest also slandered the people who stayed in the room.     I can't believe that a hotel guest would go into a room, see someone else's stuff all over the place, and not say anything to the hotel.   My guess is she had packed her stuff, gone somewhere with the boyfriend (what an idiot, he married her), and left her suitcase and stuff in a closet, or something like that, and figured that no one would notice she wasn't there, and would get the same room back.     

The hotel people bent over backwards for her, comped her room for days, and moved her stuff to a better room, and she was such a liar.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hotel Heist or Gold-Digger Guest?-The woman with the hotel case was another nut case

I believed everything the defs said, including how she kept upping her losses every time she talked to them, figuring that because of the actual negligence it was lottery time. They did everything humanly possible to appease Big Bertha. Maybe she did have 12, 100-dollar bills, but tough. No proof, which is a big problem for people who like to deal only in cash and keep large sums lying around. Someone takes it, there's a fire, flood or whatever, it's gone for good.

4 hours ago, 27bored said:

but pops just wants some middle-aged, heavy-set, chippy with hair dyed odd-fuschia.

Well, pops is - as we used to say in olden times - "no oil painting" himself. A heavy-set chippy is the best he can do, I imagine. I wouldn't want her in my house either. I"d like to be a fly on that wall, after 16-year old kid forbids the chippy in her father's house. Gonna be a few fireworks no doubt.

4 hours ago, 27bored said:

That's the thing about sexual harassment. Like, I don't think most women things up out of whole cloth most of the time, but I do think a lot of women like to add eleven herbs and spices to Original Recipe Flirtation when they dislike someone or think it will get them something.

Don't want to say much about that, but I'm really glad JJ, at least, doesn't take mere accusation, with zero proof, as the only criteria needed for a guilty verdict, as it seems to be elsewhere. Anyway, with these litigants? Those two are proof postive that some evil entity is adding a substance to the drinking water in MN that kills brain cells and these litigants are yet more victims of that evil act. Neither of them said anything to indicate otherwise. It was so hard to get anything sensible or coherent out of either. That stupid, giggling bitch would have had her 1K had she not done the harassment thing. She's crazy and nasty and his bulbs aren't all lit up. It was exhausting just listening to them. omg. JJ explained "slander" to def in as many different ways as possible and he's all, like, "No, I don't understand."

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Damages  include a lot of crayon on the walls. 

Hated them. More nitwits - he can't keep a job, they have a place they can't afford, she's 21 and they think it's a great idea to have another baby and for sure they really needed a dog. I love these litigants who act as though it's inevitable and normal that their kids write all over the walls.  I grew up in a rented flat and not once did my brother or I write on the walls. We just didn't, but if we had, we'd have heard about it and never done it again. Our parents made us have respect for the property of others. The attitude now is "Hey, it's not mine. Trash it if you like!" Landlord was thick, with her constant, "It's non-refundable." She is obviously unclear on the concept.

I kind of enjoyed the chutzpah in the rerun of transitional Sainted Single Mother and her daughter, SSM Jr. suing the landlord, even though they felt justified to stop paying rent once they were ordered out.  She stashes her broken down vee-hickle on the property. It hasn't been registered in TEN years, yet she says she was "working on it" with the DMV. haha! She bitches they had roaches and maggots. I guess she doesn't know maggots are fly larvae and considering the yucky mess the SSM duo kept, I'm not surprised it was rife with maggots. The best part was her calling housing authorities to get even with landlord, and that's when her junky car was spotted and towed. I love it when the vindictive behavior of scammers blows up their faces. Karma is a real thing, it seems.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Landlord was thick, with her constant, "It's non-refundable."

It’s pretty clear that she considered the $500 per deposit a windfall and didn’t connect the fact that she might have to spend some or all of it actually repairing pet damage. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hotel Heist or Gold-Digger Guest?-The woman with the hotel case was another nut case

I believed everything the defs said, including how she kept upping her losses every time she talked to them, figuring that because of the actual negligence it was lottery time. They did everything humanly possible to appease Big Bertha. Maybe she did have 12, 100-dollar bills, but tough. No proof, which is a big problem for people who like to deal only in cash and keep large sums lying around. Someone takes it, there's a fire, flood or whatever, it's gone for good.

"So aside from the stack of $100 bills strewn about your hotel room, what else are you claiming went missing?"

"Um...did I say 12 $100 bills?  It was actually TWENTY! And I had a diamond tiara on the bathroom vanity!  And I noticed my Louis Vuitton carry-on bag was gone.....there were 3 solid gold bars inside!  Then there's my half dozen Imperial Tsarist Faberge eggs I left in the mini bar..."

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

"So aside from the stack of $100 bills strewn about your hotel room, what else are you claiming went missing?"

"Um...did I say 12 $100 bills?  It was actually TWENTY! And I had a diamond tiara on the bathroom vanity!  And I noticed my Louis Vuitton carry-on bag was gone.....there were 3 solid gold bars inside!  Then there's my half dozen Imperial Tsarist Faberge eggs I left in the mini bar..."

Greatest hotel burglary caper since Kim Kardashian went to Paris.

• Love 13

All I could think of is, "No way I'm using the Jacuzzi in a 'Jacuzzi suite' at a hotel which normally charges $69 a night for a standard room."

And, yes, her story was all kinds of invented.  I actually did check into a hotel one night, where I used the electronic key card, opened the door, and a man was standing in there (luckily, fully dressed).  I went back to the front desk, told them what happened, smiled and said, "So I guess I need a different room.  Hopefully, an upgrade."  And I got it, too.

But if I had walked into a hotel room and found a bunch of personal belongings which indicated the room was still occupied by someone else (even though they weren't there), I would just walk out and go straight to the front desk, where the security cameras most hotels have would prove that I didn't have time to go through what was there and steal anything.

And if I had $1,200 in cash, I'm sure not leaving it in the room.  Shoot . . . I am very careful about leaving ANYTHING of value in the room, and the only money I leave is the tip we usually leave on the bed for the maid.

• Love 15

I had to laugh when JJ asked about the hotel bellman taking the luggage to the room.  Last time  I stayed in a $69/night hotel, I was lucky to get an extra towel (that was picked up at the front desk, no one else was working at that hour).

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

I had to laugh when JJ asked about the hotel bellman taking the luggage to the room.  Last time  I stayed in a $69/night hotel, I was lucky to get an extra towel (that was picked up at the front desk, no one else was working at that hour).

And I loved the defendant's response . . . just "There was no bellman on duty."  He didn't LOL, as we did.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Lol!! Didn't she originally write on her list that it was one 100$ bill only, before it magically multiplied? If only people weren't so dumb and greedy they might be able to score at least something. When they start claiming there was a 65" tv in the back of their repo'd car, along with a dozen pairs of designer sneakers, an iPhone, a new tablet - none of which they have receipts for -  and maybe 500$ cash in the glove compartment although they were homeless, they make it impossible to believe anything was in there.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And, yes, her story was all kinds of invented.  I actually did check into a hotel one night, where I used the electronic key card, opened the door, and a man was standing in there (luckily, fully dressed).  I went back to the front desk, told them what happened, smiled and said, "So I guess I need a different room.  Hopefully, an upgrade."  And I got it, too.

I went to the Florida Keys years ago and when I opened the door to my room, two employees were having their dinner break in there.  (again, luckily fully dressed). I got a new room pronto. Of course I didn't claim poo-native damages because I "felt" triggered or weirded out or anything. 

I'm guessing as well that the plaintiff had something weird going on and had vacated the room for some reason. Was she one of those wackos that actually puts her stuff in the dresser drawers in the hotel? (I thought that was for the Gideon Bible and a dusty yellow pages). 

18 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I didn’t believe a word of Witchey Poo’s story nor did I hear any evidence that a crime was actually committed. What I did hear was an opportunist a tempting to cash a blank check on the back of an honest and forthright hotel operator.

Y'all gotta stop with the nicknames. I'm at work and I'm literally crying at my desk with laughter. Witchy Poo indeed!!! 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Was she one of those wackos that actually puts her stuff in the dresser drawers in the hotel?

I guess I'm a wacko.  If I'm going to be more than one night in a hotel, I put my stuff in the drawers.  And the plaintiff had been there a week and a half by the time her non-existent stuff was "stolen."

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

one of those wackos that actually puts her stuff in the dresser drawers in the hotel?

I'm a wacko too.  I get easily frustrated rooting in my suitcase (laundry baskets make me equally mental) for 3-4 days looking for my stuff.  Plus if I'm hanging my shirts and suits in a closest why not go all in and use the drawers? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I'm a wacko too.  I get easily frustrated rooting in my suitcase (laundry baskets make me equally mental) for 3-4 days looking for my stuff.  Plus if I'm hanging my shirts and suits in a closest why not go all in and use the drawers? 

Same here.  We sometimes stay up to a week, and keep our hangup clothes in the closet, and folding clothes in the drawers.  We even pick up after ourselves so the maids won't have so much to do.

• Love 7

I wouldn't put anything in a hotel dresser, because I'm worried about critters.

New-

Anxious Toy Spaniel Tug of War!-(Papillon puppy)-Woman buys dog for $1,500, then wants a refund.   Breeder agrees to refund,    Plaintiff purchases Papillon puppy for $1500, picks up the dog, gets the dog home, then doesn't want the puppy after all.     Plaintiff calls breeder/defendant and wants to return the puppy, and breeder says OK, refunds the money.     Breeder/defendant came to plaintiff's house to look at the puppy, because it wasn't eating.    The  next day plaintiff calls again breeder wants to return the puppy, and get a refund, the breeder defendant picks up the puppy, and gives the $1500 back.    Dog was actually 14 months old, and not a puppy. 

Breeder/def. then gets call from plaintiff to get puppy back, the breeder/def. says fine, but $500 deposit, non-refundable this time, and wants puppy back in February, and never picks the dog up.  Plaintiff mails check, and it's cashed, in December, for the $500 deposit.   In March the plaintiff wants her $500 non-refundable deposit back.       Idiot plaintiff wants the non-refundable deposit back.   Plaintiff got another puppy for $1500 from another breeder.    If the breeder/defendant thinks the nutso plaintiff will ever stop harassing her, she's wrong. 

Nothing for anyone. 

Courts Don't Care About You-Plaintiff man says defendant woman (ex-girlfriend) used his credit to buy two iPhones on his account.    However, there is no proof of the purchase date of the phones, and plaintiff is not all there.     Ex-girlfriend defendant says 'he knew she was going to buy the phones', and that's a lot of bull.    This ho spent $1500 on two iPhones, and is mad because he cut off her phone account too.     Girlfriend/ho is trying to claim all of the awful things he did while they were still living together, and that's not happening, and she wants money back that he took out of their joint account, and for a car.    By the way, defendant Ho, the multiple of texts isn't text es.   $743 for the plaintiff.  

PSA-The second you're going to dump someone, change any password for accounts they might access, make sure they're not an authorized user on any credit cards, and off all bank and financial accounts.   And change the freaking locks!  Don't forget to shut off their accounts for phones, etc too. 

Rerun-

Baby in Danger!-(Man sues ex-girlfriend for throwing glass bottle at him while he was holding their baby)-This is that horrific case where she assaulted him while he was holding the baby, and then he knocked her up after.     At least he thinks it might be his baby, but he's not sure yet.     I wonder if they've been nominated for  Father and Mother of the Year yet?   I feel sorry for the poor kids involved.    Plaintiff filed police report, and called the police, but he was arrested not her.   Plus, he had a restraining order against her, but still he got arrested, with the video in evidence too.     Alycia Westfall/defendant is listed online as a California based, actress and model, and interested in reality show work.    When the fight happened, she was five hours late picking up her son, and was having her nails done at 11 p.m., since when are nail salons open that late.     This didn't happen in June, because it looked snowy outside.   The parentage of her current bundle of joy is undetermined so far.         Defendant also destroyed everything she could get her hands on when they broke up.   

Man gets $2500, and JJ wishes he had tried for the entire $5k for the false arrest

Tomorrow's rerun is the wild one with the road rage, with a video showing multiple police cars busting him.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This ho spent $1500 on two iPhones, and is mad because he cut off her phone account too.

The only thing more annoying than a smartphone case is a smartphone case when both litigants are Massachusetts tavern trash. But cheer up Virginia Slim, your Patriots are 2.5 point favorites and your lucky bar stool has your name on it.

• Love 8

The defendant in the iPhone kerfuffle was rather pronunciation challenged, wasn't she? She didn't seem to know there is a T in text. It's all in the texes, your honor! You know, the texes she sent in Febberary.

The woman who couldn't make up her mind about the little dog was awful. I wonder if she's still pestering the defendant over the NON refundable deposit she agreed to. I bet she bought dog #2 before she agreed to take dog #1 again and was hoping to recover some of the money she spent on dog #2.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

The woman who couldn't make up her mind about the little dog was awful. I wonder if she's still pestering the defendant over the NON refundable deposit she agreed to. I bet she bought dog #2 before she agreed to take dog #1 again and was hoping to recover some of the money she spent on dog #2.

That's probably it, and thanks for clearing it up for me, because I couldn't figure out why plaintiff was suing.  I was sympathetic to her for a few minutes, when it appeared that defendant took the deposit and then refused to give her the dog. 

• Love 5

I had to smile when the dog breeder woman told JJ that she sold the puppy to a friend via the installment plan and even though “it took a little while” the buyer actually completed the program. Take note you future defendants, it can be done. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I'm guessing as well that the plaintiff had something weird going on and had vacated the room for some reason. Was she one of those wackos that actually puts her stuff in the dresser drawers in the hotel? (I thought that was for the Gideon Bible and a dusty yellow pages). 

I only use the drawers for dirty clothes.  Then when I'm ready to go home,  I put them in a plastic bag (when I get a nice big bag from a store, I save it and put it in my suitcase).

14 hours ago, lovesnark said:

The defendant in the iPhone kerfuffle was rather pronunciation challenged, wasn't she? She didn't seem to know there is a T in text. It's all in the texes, your honor! You know, the texes she sent in Febberary.

UGH!  Texes.  I was yelling at the TV last night.

• Love 4

After watching Judge Judy litigants for years, I feel the need to get the following off my chest: A “tax return” is the form(s) that we file with the IRS and the state at the end of each tax year. Failure to file a tax return is a violation of the law and we save our tax returns for future reference. A “tax refund” is an amount of money returned to you that was overpaid during the tax year. The two terms are not the same. For all of her persnickety and sometimes pedantic corrections, you’d think JJ would make this important distinction clear. 

• Love 12

I stayed in an extended stay for about seven weeks last year, between houses.    They didn't have any drawers (there was a tiny dresser, but the drawers were stuck, didn't open anyway), just a wobbly cubby in the wall for hanging things, and everything else of mine was in plastic storage containers, and nothing touched that nasty floor.   They came in once a week, changed sheets, and threw some disinfectant in the shower, and toilet, and sprayed the same stuff (the smell was the same) on the rug.  My first purchases when I realized how filthy the place was, were scuffy slippers, and a shower mat (cut the shower drain part out with scissors)  so I wouldn't slip and die in the shower, and wouldn't touch the shower pan.    I also will not bore anyone with the number of times the police came to the motel I was in, or how many times the Dollar General next door was robbed.  

The place the $1200 gone woman stayed in sounded a lot better then some of the extended stay places. 

My question is why the thieving idiots always buy the latest iPhone, not a cheaper model, or some cheaper smart phone, and they always go for the high dollar phone.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

My guess is the plaintiff will never stop trashing the defendant online, or claiming her $500 was stolen from her.      I feel sorry for the puppy she bought from the other breeder and kept, because that dog better be perfect or it'll be gone too.   What a huge F.U. that was to the breeder/defendant, and JJ bringing the other puppy to court.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

New-

Misguided Binge Shopping-(Woman spends over $600 on former employees school clothes for her daughter, it only became a loan the day after she fired the worker)-Plaintiff wants her $600 back for buying school clothes for her daughter, bought by her former boss.    Defendant counter claiming for wrongful termination.     No mention was made of $600 owed, and nothing was withheld from defendant's checks by plaintiff, and it turned into a loan the day after defendant was canned.   Wrongful termination not going to fly, and defendant is accused of theft, and other things.   Nothing for either side.    Good decision.

Jet Ski Stupidity-Plaintiff suing grandson's former friend for damage to her jet ski.   Plaintiff wants the insurance deductible.    The jet skis were 1999 models, purchased used for $3500 for the two jet skis, lift, and trailer.     Insurance company was going to total the jet skis, and totaled them, and she got $1400.     Plaintiff still has both jet skis.    Defendant is a fool, and he was a novice, with a passenger on the back too.  The accident was a case of a novice going too fast, and not knowing what he's doing either.   The plaintiff is lucky no one was seriously injured or died.  Case is dismissed, after JJ hints that injured parties could have sued grandma on her homeowner's insurance.  Defendant claims grandson of plaintiff hit him, and plaintiff's grandson blames the defendant. 

Rerun-

Surprise Police Dash Cam Video!- (Woman going to her job at a mall harassed in road rage incident at California mall, and her car was repeatedly hit by an employee of another store.  Man denies police involvement, but there is a dash cam video of a herd of police cars stopping him)-I'm just worried for the plaintiff, because this man is obviously totally unbalanced, and I bet has a long history of this kind of incident, and just hasn't been caught before.   The defendant's purple hair matches his tie.  

Defendant hits the plaintiff's Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV twice, with his Dodge Journey, and takes off.   Plaintiff says defendant was tailgating her, on frontage road.   She was in the left through lane, plaintiff hits defendant from left turn lane on the drivers side, both talked to each other, and then he hit her car on the same side, and took off, and she called 911.   Plaintiff followed him, and he blew some stop signs, and when he paused she got his license plate.     She gave the police his license number, and he lies and says he stopped at the first parking lot, but there is a police dash cam where the police stopped him, and escorted him back to her car.  It's all caught on police dash cam.     His story was he wanted to make his bank deposit before he talked to the plaintiff.    Defendant didn't have insurance, and he claims he did.   Geico said he didn't have insurance at the time of the wreck, and the defendant is such a liar, because he paid his insurance the day of the accident.     $4000 to plaintiff for damages.    I can't believe he wasn't charged with road rage, reckless driving, and driving without insurance, and most places no insurance means suspended registration and car license too. 

Dog Pulling Skateboard Scuffle-Teen goes to dog park with his Husky pulling his skateboard, and dog bites man at skateboard park.  Plaintiff suing because defendant's son had his dog at the skateboard park.     The plaintiff's Siberian Husky bit the plaintiff, when their paths crossed, while the plaintiff was standing on the edge waiting to do his trick, and dog nailed plaintiff.      Defendant son is making it up as he goes along.  Defendant claims the dog defended itself (from what?) .     The plaintiff has a huge scar on his side, and I can't believe the dog wasn't seized, quarantined, and destroyed.   Of course, if that had happened the defendants would probably get something even meaner next time.    The dog bit twice, the first ripped his shirt, and the second shredded his side.   The scar is at least 6" long.  Dog bit plaintiff's cousin, a 10 year old in the same year, bitten on the hand.    Plaintiff gets his money.    

Interesting statement on hallterview, defendant son "we sent the dog back to our country", so it was imported first? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

If I correctly understood JJ's reasoning today, she thought that the pizzeria owner could have recouped the loan by deducting money from the defendant's paychecks. However, the loan was a private transaction whereas a salary stems from an employer/employee relationship; you can't mix up the two unless you want to open yourself to all sorts of accusations of fraudulent accounting and violating labour laws. That was a truly dumb argument on the part of JJ as she was endorsing a potentially illegal practice; I know that some small family restaurants may mingle personal and business finances, but this is a very dangerous practice. I am convinced that this was a loan and that the defendant was lying about it.

5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Jet Ski Stupidity

Why are some litigants so docile that they acquiesce to anything JJ says? She told plaintiff that she was ahead of the game as far as money went, and the stupid woman replied "Correct".  Her son did much of the same. Nice way to undermine your own case.

23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Courts Don't Care About You-Plaintiff man says defendant woman (ex-girlfriend) used his credit to buy two iPhones on his account. 

When I first saw the grizzled plaintiff I thought he must have led a very hard life, but after hearing that hag of a defendant I think much of the wear and tear on him must have come from sharing a house with her. Dealing with that old harridan of a judge must have added a few more years unto him.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

If I correctly understood JJ's reasoning today, she thought that the pizzeria owner could have recouped the loan by deducting money from the defendant's paychecks. However, the loan was a private transaction whereas a salary stems from an employer/employee relationship; you can't mix up the two unless you want to open yourself to all sorts of accusations of fraudulent accounting and violating labour laws. That was a truly dumb argument on the part of JJ as she was endorsing a potentially illegal practice; I know that some small family restaurants may mingle personal and business finances, but this is a very dangerous practice. I am convinced that this was a loan and that the defendant was lying about it.

Makes one wonder how JJ has treated her household help over the years.  Has she loaned money and repaid herself from their wages?

Yeah, that would be illegal, unless the defendant had signed something authorizing the deduction.

Hard to believe plaintiff took the kid shopping without checking first to see how much she should spend.  The fact that she spent $600 makes me think that it may well have been intended as a gift, with strings attached, of course.  She didn't strike me as a generous type, but rather one who would do a favor and expect repayment several times over.

• Love 13

I believe that the defendant immediately noted the cost of the clothes and started to worry about it.  She delivers pizza for a living, and has to pay for rent, food, car, etc. out of the $70-100 per day that she earns.  But the “big-hearted” (yet poverty-clueless) plaintiff just dismissed the concerns (did you HEAR her hallterview?!?!). 

It isn’t a favor for someone if you spend more than the recipient can afford, and then demand every penny.  You’re the employer - you know what the salary is.  If you want the employee to pay you back, then GIVE HER A RAISE!!!!

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

She told plaintiff that she was ahead of the game as far as money went, and the stupid woman replied "Correct". 

But she was ahead of the game and knew better than to lie about it. I give credit for that and little else. Her entire case was a mile off base. She assumed a risk when she let the inexperienced nitwit defendant ride the jet ski and her insurance company more than covered her loss. Awarding her the amount of her deductible would turn her minor loss into a bit of a bonanza and that shouldn’t happen. 

• Love 7