Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Time to Push

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I noticed this episode that Emily clenches her teeth when she talks. I can't tell if it's something she tries to do to make herself smile or something or if she has an actual jaw issue.

Yes!! I noticed this as well! Looks wise, she is just beautiful despite the black eyeliner (anyone wonder how long it takes her to remove it at night?). And I love the darker hair on her.  But there is definitely something awkward about the way she speaks. I was also taken aback by her "I work harder than anyone else" comment. Ummmm.....you know this for a fact? I give her the benefit of the doubt because I think she may have been a victim of editing coupled with nervousness and her awkward delivery, but I completely agree with everyone (which turns out is nearly the entire forum), that hard work doesn't get you a free pass. The process of hard work may get you where you need/want to be, but regardless of how hard you work, if you can't deliver in the end then it just isn't going to happen for you.  

Rewatching the episode today, I completely forgot all about Jessika...seriously....and she had segments all to herself and I do not recall her at all.  Im unsure of her fate, but I hope she doesn't go unnoticed all through camp and then the last day, they are all "Oh, Jessika! We never noticed you until today. And since you are forgettable, I'm sorry tonight's going to have to be your last night." I don't actually think she is boring or forgettable, I'm just hoping that doesn't happen. Like it did to little Mandy (Correa?) a couple of years ago. Somehow they didn't notice till the end of camp that she was short....it's not like she shrunk in 8 weeks...

I do love watching the dynamic between Kelli and Judy. They are cracking me up this season  

Can I mention that I am officially putting a moratorium on the phrase "make or break." NO MORE. Panel interviews make or break you. Kicks make or break you. Makeovers make or break you. We. Get. It.

"Total package" is coming in at a close second.  

• Love 1

Did Kelli give Jackie another chance because she was the FV winner?  Surprised she didn't tell her she only made it to TC because of FV ( I'm guessing).

Why did Kelli let the two try and talk her out of cutting them.  In the past she would say "It's final"or "the decision's been made" and cut them off.

• Love 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not but Bethany has a little Reese Witherspoon thing going on.

The tall girl. Is it Lindsay? Her personality reminds me of Ashley Pro who I thought seemed like just a sweet, nice girl. Except she doesn't seem as fragile. I really like her. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3

Was candidate Amy always such a poor dancer?

Loved seeing the skilled choreographer work with the team, and that she is making a living doing what she loves.

Kelli loves the makeovers; she comes alive, relaxes, and has fun. I've always thought the most important thing to her is beauty.

However, god help you if you talk back or are assertive or too confident - this post made me laugh. Poor Kelsey is on the Kelli Target List.

And why is Kelli such a total bitch to Kelsey?  At the salon, when Kelli says her hair looks like a broom, Kelsey giggles and says "A broom?" and Kelli responds with "Yeah, a broom" while giving her this look that says "you heard me, bitch."

And I'm dying for a stylist to take Kelli by the hand and find her some stunning, tailored-but-still-sexy clothing. That knit gray dress looked horrible when she sat down.

Marshall reminds me of Chaz Dean.

• Love 1
On 9/15/2016 at 10:15 PM, Ninamags said:

Yes, Dalgal27, Thursdays are choke full of good tv. Just add Flipping Out and Flip or Flop and that's my dvr list. Good thing I can record them all at once.

They totally should have shown more of the makeovers!  They added highlights to a lot of the girls with darker hair. I liked what I was able to see. 

Megan is truly stunning. She might be my new favorite now that Nicole is gone. But I do love her picture in the background in the dance studio. ??

My Thursday list was Big brother, DCC and Bringing up Bates, next Thursday Grey's returns so I have something to fill up that 7:00 hour (central time in Arkansas) 

on to the show:

I love Allie and Holly! Such a cute friendship.  For some reason Allie reminds me of "Little Miss Bring it On" from season 8 or 9.  With her hair darker she favors Madeline now too.  

Poor Jackie is a hot mess.  Why in the world would Kelli change her mind? She never has before!  I thought honestly Whitney had a better case to plead than Jackie. 

I saw Megan in Melissa's segment and she looked great.  Am I missing something that everyone keeps bringing her weight up?

Edited by Josreason
On September 16, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Ms. SW said:

Did I hear Jay say they had to be able to dance 4 hours in 100 degree heat???? If that's what I heard, that was back at the old Texas Stadium. ATT is climate controlled, and Jerry rarely ever opens the roof. Not sure about the doors. Been there for high school games and it is VERY comfortable inside. But yes, the girls looked quite winded so they did need to up the endurance game.

I've been thinking about this the entire week. It was homecoming week here at my school here in Texas. It's been upper 90s all week. We had parades, pep rallies, games, dress up days, the whole she bang. My game night it was 93 degrees and felt like 100 at game time. My girls cheered from 4:40 until 9:35. Now, once the sun went down the temp fell a bit, but on those fields there isn't a drop of shade. Not to mention, my poor mascot!! Anyhow, I've lived here my whole life so I'm used to it, but these poor girls who come from other states really have acclimate themselves. Cheering in ATT stadium isn't like cheering on a high school football field. Plus, the field is always ? hot!! Its fun though!!

T

• Love 2

Just a few random comments/ thoughts because everyone has been so thorough on this episode:

* CMT has improved its presentation with the side-by-side of the TCCs dancing 

* I thought Kelli's dress at the end was an eye test or a hypnotist's trick - it was practically strobing on my TV (and it made her double Ds look larger)

* I realize that the TCCs are told to be camera ready at all times but they could've toned down the makeup during Jay's segment just a little. Luckily they've discovered sweat-proof mascara and eyeshadow but please (Allie) tone it down.  I was hoping Jay would've made them wash their faces before they started.

* having said that the segment on the Holly/Allie friendship was cute and probably necessary since so many people knew they were friends in real life. 

* after listening to Cersten's segment I figure she's a one and done because med school is looming

* I want Judy to grow a spine, especially during those "meetings in my office". She and Kelli know what's coming - they need to have that conversation and Judy needs to feel comfortable stating her view. If her opinion is different from Kelli they need to work that out before the girls are called in.  Judy can give very valuable advice, it shouldn't be an afterthought.

* one last add - I've become a Kelsey fan this year.  Watching her video clips, she seems like s very sincere and fun person. I don't like the comparison to Ashley Paige; in my opinion the latter never listened to what Kelli and Judy told her, always had the canned "but I was a Pro Bowl cheerleader" response and continued to dance like she had a stick up her butt. She could never relax and perform in the DCC style.  Kelsey is just fun, listens to the critiques and danced her way onto the team. 

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 5

I don't get the Jackie save at all. I hate saying this, but there is something about her face. It just looks so strange. 

It could just be editing, but it sure seems like Amy is unprepared, and not practicing. She's a mess. 

I wasn't a fan of Whitney. She seems super sweet, but she didn't have the look or the presence. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2016 at 10:56 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Yes, exactly. It kind of gave me a distaste for her. She sort of was like "I only tried out because I needed something to do until I go to medical school."

I love that she has a goal beyond being a DCC. I've always hated the way the show portrays being a DCC as the pinnacle of these girls' lives. They never talk about DCC as a stepping stone to other things (with Melissa being an exception). I'd love to hear more about the women who go on to higher education or interesting careers. There's nothing wrong with retiring, getting married, and having babies like a lot of them do. But I like the women who see DCC as a fun thing to do when they're young, before going on to something else. And if she makes the team but only stays for one year, well, so what? Not everyone needs to make this the center of their lives.

• Love 18
17 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Also, cerstan is from the suburbs. "True dallasites" would roll their eyes when they found out she was from flower mound or Coppell or wherever. If you say you're from the Dallas area, fine. But Dallas no.

Oh, booooooo. Yeah, I am from Dallas, not the burbs. Drives me crazy when people do that!

• Love 3
On 9/16/2016 at 1:14 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

I have to say that I am really enjoying this season over previous seasons. Clearly the production value has gone up, and I definitely like some of the content changes they have made. More teaching! More dancing! And I may be in the minority, but I'm glad Jay and the exercise segments are back. I really really want to know what Holly does to look like that (besides be 20 years younger than I am and not eat tortilla chips and guacamole every day). But not the goofball planned workouts of the early seasons.  AND I feel like this needs to be said, as an Army veteran, their push-up form is terrible. Just terrible. 

With that being said, I still feel like the editing is a bit choppy. Particularly during the office visits, which are inherently emotional. No need to try and manufacture more drama. 

Anyway, from his first wide-eyed look in episode 1, I felt like Marshall and I should be friends. This episode solidified it - he seems so sweet. And I loved most of the makeover decisions (or at least the ones that were shown). I'm not sure why young ladies think pouring more blonde on top of blonde is attractive...some of them look Crayola yellow or completely washed out.  I was a victim of over highlighting at 23. Once I realized how washed out I looked, I had my hair dyed dark to match my natural color and never touched it again. I then threw out all the pictures of that time frame. I thought Emily and Milan in particular stood out with the darker hair. I do wish that they showed more of the makeovers, particularly if they teach the girls how to style it on their own, plus maybe some makeup pointers...like specifically eye makeup? I mean, I'm asking for a friend :) 

Loved seeing Michelle Keys, I always thought she was so pretty when she was a DCC and she seems very real, no pretense to her.  I don't follow these girls on Instagram, but I always watch the Michelle Keys videos that are posted on these forums from time to time, she seems very talented to my untrained eye.  

I warmed up to Tasha tonight. I think (without knowing her personally) there's a very good chance she has had a lot of opportunities in life due to her looks. It's nice to see that she's human and a spot on the squad isn't going to be handed to her...I think she handled Judys criticism fairly well.  

Nice to see Khalyn get some air time too, I hope we see more of her. Bethany looks exactly like one of my sorority sisters and now I can't unsee that.  

Jackie reminds me of the Daria character from the MTV show...she sorta sounds...sardonic? I have no idea if she's like that in real life...but it would be awesome if she was. I think she dances how she speaks though...pretty flat with no inflection. 

Although I really do not like Allie's look (for a DCC), the part with Holly was pretty cute. I had to laugh at their "throwback" picture, until I realized that was probably only 5 years ago or so for them...Holly has come a LONG way...good for her.

I think Whitney is just beautiful, I wish her makeover would have given her more pop.  Her facial features remind me of Katie Holmes for some reason. Isn't she the one that did the internship with the Cowboys? 

I liked Whitney, too, and thought she was pretty. To me, she resembled Zoe Saldana.

Good episode. I liked Whitney, but I agree that she was never going to be Top 36 for the team. 

I continue to like Tasha, but I prefer the side part, but I rarely like middle parts for anyone. I'm glad they lightened up Kelsey's hair. It was definitely too dark. 

I agree with everyone who has said that Allie doesn't have the DCC look. She also annoyed me with her "mean girls in the dance studio" story. I don't doubt that she encountered mean girls, but who hasn't?

Cersten definitely doesn't seem like she views the DCC as her lifelong goal, and that doesn't really bother me. Someone mentioned earlier that she looks kind of like a mom, and I agree. She's cute and certainly a great dancer, but there is something a bit matronly about her look. It may be her hair.

Jackie definitely has a very dry and flat personality. Nothing pops about her.

Glad that Kelli called Emily out on saying that she's the hardest working girl in the room. Exaggerations and hyperbole often get you into trouble.  

• Love 1

Hi Y'all.  I like Melissa Rycroft, but I wish we'd see more of Kitty Carter.  Many of you are wondering why Melissa is now a semi-prominent feature on the show.  Could it be to increase ratings?  Melissa has a good following on Twitter (probably from her popularity following Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor), and maybe Kelli saw an opportunity to tap into that audience who otherwise might not have watched DCC Making the Team.  Just a thought.

Melissa Rycroft would draw a larger (& newer) audience than Kitty, hence the swap in airtime from one to the other.  I loved Melissa's long white earrings from the last two episodes.  Anyone recognize them enough to know the brand?

10 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I've been thinking about this the entire week. It was homecoming week here at my school here in Texas. It's been upper 90s all week. We had parades, pep rallies, games, dress up days, the whole she bang. My game night it was 93 degrees and felt like 100 at game time. My girls cheered from 4:40 until 9:35. Now, once the sun went down the temp fell a bit, but on those fields there isn't a drop of shade. Not to mention, my poor mascot!! Anyhow, I've lived here my whole life so I'm used to it, but these poor girls who come from other states really have acclimate themselves. Cheering in ATT stadium isn't like cheering on a high school football field. Plus, the field is always ? hot!! Its fun though!!

T

Oh yes, I get it. I've lived in Dallas all my life too except the few years away for college in Austin. I don't mind the heat but I'm sure the ladies who are not from here have a really hard time adjusting.

9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don't get the Jackie save at all. I hate saying this, but there is something about her face. It just looks so strange. 

Something about Jackie gives me the creeps. I'm sure she's a nice lady, but she comes off as something's not quite right about her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Hi Y'all.  I like Melissa Rycroft, but I wish we'd see more of Kitty Carter.  Many of you are wondering why Melissa is now a semi-prominent feature on the show.  Could it be to increase ratings?  Melissa has a good following on Twitter (probably from her popularity following Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor), and maybe Kelli saw an opportunity to tap into that audience who otherwise might not have watched DCC Making the Team.  Just a thought.

Melissa Rycroft would draw a larger (& newer) audience than Kitty, hence the swap in airtime from one to the other.  I loved Melissa's long white earrings from the last two episodes.  Anyone recognize them enough to know the brand?

I need to take another look to confirm, but Melissa wears a ton of Kendra Scott. If I'm thinking of the same earrings that's what she has on :) 

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Good episode. I liked Whitney, but I agree that she was never going to be Top 36 for the team. 

I continue to like Tasha, but I prefer the side part, but I rarely like middle parts for anyone. I'm glad they lightened up Kelsey's hair. It was definitely too dark. 

I agree with everyone who has said that Allie doesn't have the DCC look. She also annoyed me with her "mean girls in the dance studio" story. I don't doubt that she encountered mean girls, but who hasn't?

Cersten definitely doesn't seem like she views the DCC as her lifelong goal, and that doesn't really bother me. Someone mentioned earlier that she looks kind of like a mom, and I agree. She's cute and certainly a great dancer, but there is something a bit matronly about her look. It may be her hair.

Jackie definitely has a very dry and flat personality. Nothing pops about her.

Glad that Kelli called Emily out on saying that she's the hardest working girl in the room. Exaggerations and hyperbole often get you into trouble.  

I think the middle parts were kind of a joke to the girls this year...was looking thru some of the girls' pics on IG and one of the girls was like "that middle part tho" and a few others commented LOL so I wonder if they weren't fans either! 

On 9/16/2016 at 8:30 AM, Runnergrl37 said:

The whole interaction between Kelli and Melissa on the phone was so obviously fake it was painful.

Melissa is a hot mess.  I have two little kids too so I give her a mom pass, but don't come on tv looking like you just rolled out of bed and put some red lipstick on. 

Kelli says the same thing at the salon year after year.  "We just dig through their hair and etc. etc.".

Jackie and Bethenny are so blah.  Please cut them now to put us and them out of their misery. 

I thought the scene between Kelli and Judy was great when Whitney left the office.  You can tell the two women are like sisters at this point. 

Michelle Keys is hot.  Love her.

Jenn K looks a lot bigger.  Sorry, but she is definitely not small. 

I can't like Cersten after multiple reliable sources has said she is a mean girl.  I just can't with mean girls.

What show were you watching? Did you not see her hair and makeup done and dressed decently? 

• Love 1

Why are they desperately trying to make back stories on the girls this year? It's so embarrassing! Like I'm sure most of the girls aren't entitled little brats AT ALL but CMT is making them look like it by pushing and pushing for a story 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JC123 said:

Why are they desperately trying to make back stories on the girls this year? It's so embarrassing! Like I'm sure most of the girls aren't entitled little brats AT ALL but CMT is making them look like it by pushing and pushing for a story 

Ally's backstory about the mean girls at her studio who said she had bad technique had to be the biggest joke backstory ever.   Every dancer ever, unless you were a studio owners daughter or some uber favorite/prodigy, has had to deal w/ that type of thing!

• Love 5

Loved seeing the group leaders announced! I especially loved Jessica's enthusiasm & cute little "yes!" with a fist pump. She's been a favorite of mine since her rookie year. I actually like the backstories on the TCCs, but not the way CMT does the sob story piano music & staged shots of girls looking pensive (Ali by the river, what?). I don't need these girls to have sob stories--to me, I like just knowing a bit about them & that they have insecurities & goals & a bit about their dance backgrounds. Just introduce them! Forget the cymbals & tiny violin in the editing room. Yes, most everyone has encountered mean girls/boys/adults (Ali), & most everyone has some physical trait that makes them self conscious (Maggie). That just makes them more normal & relatable, which makes me like them more. 

Melissa looks a bit more put together, but sometimes I think she tries hard to look like she's not trying hard to look cool. I just appreciate that her shirts aren't longer than her shorts this year. I'd take the pockets hanging below the hem of her Daisy Dukes over the no-shorts/bottoms look any day. Heather O was my favorite of the audition fan vote videos, so I was a bit like, step off my girl during that call with Kelli. But I did see that she can step up her performance pizzazz. Get it, girl!

Tasha does seem sweet, but she still seems a bit plastic to me, in a barbie way. I can't believe they didn't tell her to use a significantly softer pink lipstick in her makeover! I think that, combined with the new hair color, would be so much prettier. When she said her hair felt so much more natural, I rolled my eyes so hard it hurt. Pretty sure none of that blonde is natural, even if now it's all her hair. On the flip side, I don't think Tess likes her curls, which I found fun with the ombre color. She had it wavy in the next rehearsal. I like the curls, but maybe the waves look more polished & glam. Is it bad to go against your makeover so soon as a rookie? I think she's very pretty & a good dancer, but I wonder if she's getting called out for more pop. Hope they introduce her to us!

Michelle Keyes indeed is a beautiful badass & choreographer! I wish we'd gotten to hear her talking to K & J about her thoughts on more of the candidates. Who really impressed her? Who did she think has potential, but would benefit from her power dance classes?

As for why didn't they say this or that in the office meetings, they likely did say some of the things mentioned in this thread. As folks note, the office editing can be especially choppy for time & drama. Kellie doesn't usually hold back, so I'm thinking she lays it out there. Re Kelli's kind of bitchy remarks to Kelsey, I think it was fair to let her know that she hasn't won Kelli's trust yet. If they can't confidently send her on appearances she can't be a DCC. Knowing what a linebacker does doesn't mean she's thoroughly informed or an engaging & reliable ambassador. And those ends of her hair looked awful, so I was like whatever on that one.

Think I saw Jenn K at the boot camp too. Do we think she got a warning, or just is trying to set a good example by participating & staying on her game?

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 2

Yes Jenn K and Holly were the only vets there.  I guess gone are the days when everyone participates.

Yes Jenn K and Holly were the only vets there.  I guess gone are the days when everyone participates.

Meant SHOULD be seen as unbiased, but same concept. If it could be said that she only praised girls who are clients, and ignored girls who aren't, it isn't a fair process. It's better for her business/income to do what she does now - help clients and choreograph the whole bunch.

Also why pay her for her help if she is going to praise girls who don't pay her? It's win win for her to just choreograph and not judge. Same with kitty (except she teaches and only judges show group after they've made the team).

18 hours ago, kalibean said:

I need to take another look to confirm, but Melissa wears a ton of Kendra Scott. If I'm thinking of the same earrings that's what she has on :) 

Kalibean, you are correct!  They're on the Kendra Scott website.  Also, thanks for introducing me to Kendra Scott- nice stuff.

Edited by Pasha Kitty
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2016 at 9:49 PM, omgtv said:

Did anyone else pause it when Kelli was taking notes on the phone with Melissa? Chantel was really the #1 vet?!  And Selina was above Danielle!??

Did anyone get a screenshot of this? I paused it, but don't recall seeing Chantal's name, and I think there were 2 numbers shown. I couldn't tell which one was their placement. 

Do some training camp candidates (TCC) have a restraining order on the CMT cameras?  But seriously, why is it that we see so much footage of some training camp candidates and almost no video of other candidates.  Selina, a returning auditionee from both last year's and this year's training camp, is one example of a TCC who you never see much of unless she is cut. 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2016 at 5:11 PM, GAgirl said:

This episode was interesting. It could've started out as "Milan's makeover day"

- I couldn't figure out for the life of me who was the rookie with super curly hair was. I guess it's Tess, but her hair has certainly been tamed down

- "If you're in labor, it's time to push" Um, alright Kelly

- Cersten's story sounded like she was bored and thought DCC would be a neat little hobby. So different compared to it being everyone else's life goal

- Weird, but Jackie's voice irritates me

- Does anyone else think Jessika looks like former vet Jennifer?

- I could barely stand to watch the office scenes. Both girls seemed so flat while expeessing how much of a dream it was to make the team

- Someone tweeted, "If Kelly and Judy ever retire, Melissa Rycroft and Cassie should definitely be their replacements!" I could just picture everyone on here shaking their heads

I agree with you on all this!   Funny!   Who was the rookie with natural curl?   They didn't show her again I don't think - at least not with her name.

Selina is one of this season's invisigirls!!! (Or it may just be her by herself! Lol) this season's TCC have so much personality.  

The invisigirls always kill me! I just finished season 6.  You didn't see Kamilah Brett, Colleen Meghan, Meghan Michelle and a couple of girls until the very end. Holly Hubbard and Alexandra were invisible dcc   during season 6, but were favorites in 7! There were so many rookies that season in particular they had to focus on Angela, Mackenzie, Alex Hermes, Brittney Schram, Courtney Cook, Alyssa T,  and cut girls like Kalli f., Karissa, and Taylor (when Cassie called her out I got actually angry!) 

They neglected Katy Fink until Cameos, and Emma was shown early on and occasionally in pink and blue but overall not much. Jenna Allison who just came back to finals this season was not featured at all!   

Edited by Josreason
Connecting it to this ep.
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, jenngirl said:

I agree with you on all this!   Funny!   Who was the rookie with natural curl?   They didn't show her again I don't think - at least not with her name.

Tess, I don't think she still wears it that curly though.

On 9/15/2016 at 9:08 PM, SopranoKris said:

OK, I officially love the new hair guy :) 

Another thought:  Why did they introduce Melissa as Melissa Rycroft?  Even the banner said Rycroft only.  Is she not going by Rycroft-Strickland anymore?

I saw that when Kelli said thank you to Melissa at the end of practice she called her Melissa Rycroft-Strickland.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

That is clearly the case.  And obviously some of the candidates agree to be profiled a little more in depth.

I recall on one of the audition papers in the top right corner was written CMT as if she was chosen for a special story

I think some people just have the potential for more of an interesting story. Nobody can hide from the CMT cameras. Or like Shelbi, she burned some bridges so they're not going to show much footage of her by choice. If her boyfriend hasn't gone on that rant, I think she would've had more screen time.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I would imagine that CMT asks for permission to film them and maybe they don't want to be filmed.

No....... My understanding is if you make TC, you agree to be filmed. 

I think they just pick certain stories. In the past it seemed like they only filmed the strugglers. If you were a rockstar, you were barely,  if at all, shown. 

Nicole Bulcher also told me one year that they really only follow rookies. Vets are rarely covered, unless there's something to cover like weight gain or a drama like Kaitlin Le Grand or Chelsea Chaney.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, omgtv said:

Did anyone else pause it when Kelli was taking notes on the phone with Melissa? Chantel was really the #1 vet?!  And Selina was above Danielle!??

Very weird ... and is it just me or has it been major love fest for Chantel on social media nowadays?  Every tweet seems to be about her??  It even showed her in that awful hooker swimsuit which more or less highlighted her terrible enhancement job.  Even the comments were about how they look like they hurt and are stretching her skin.  Not a fan ... the more they show of her, the more plastic and cheap I think they make her look.  Kyndall definitely looks sweeter and softer.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:31 PM, MaryWebGirl said:

She also has a job. I know when my husband was interviewing for med school in the late 90s a lot of them were starting to favor applicants who had done something after graduation rather than coming straight from undergrad. He took his MCATs before he graduated (and killed it) then did clinical research for a year. It makes you a more well rounded student, and just from what I saw in his class the people who came straight from undergrad were kind of basketcases with no lives outside of class. Having a fun little fact like "I was a DCC" can make her stand out among the thousands of applicants.

I noticed this episode that Emily clenches her teeth when she talks. I can't tell if it's something she tries to do to make herself smile or something or if she has an actual jaw issue.

Yeah definitely ... being a "DCC" as an extracurricular activity seems like it would help.  Plus I'm sure the admissions committee would love a pretty ambassador / cheerleader to diversify the student population. 

Kudos for her - I hadn't realized she was a brainy girl!  Lots of them in the crowd with Melissa, Amy, etc.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Very weird ... and is it just me or has it been major love fest for Chantel on social media nowadays?  Every tweet seems to be about her??  It even showed her in that awful hooker swimsuit which more or less highlighted her terrible enhancement job.  Even the comments were about how they look like they hurt and are stretching her skin.  Not a fan ... the more they show of her, the more plastic and cheap I think they make her look.  Kyndall definitely looks sweeter and softer.

Chantel was featured a lot last week because she was a Gem of the Week or something with Amy L.  They both had pictures on blast for it.  Now you will be seeing a lot of Amy T and Claire lol 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:58 AM, lisalionheart said:

I love that she has a goal beyond being a DCC. I've always hated the way the show portrays being a DCC as the pinnacle of these girls' lives. They never talk about DCC as a stepping stone to other things (with Melissa being an exception). I'd love to hear more about the women who go on to higher education or interesting careers. There's nothing wrong with retiring, getting married, and having babies like a lot of them do. But I like the women who see DCC as a fun thing to do when they're young, before going on to something else. And if she makes the team but only stays for one year, well, so what? Not everyone needs to make this the center of their lives.

Totally with you!  I would love them to highlight how beautiful girls with amazing faces / hair / body CAN be smart and ambitious.  There is a high percentage of them that seem to retire to get married and have babies and while that was never my goal when I was in my 20s, I respect it may be theirs.  I do think it's nice to show that there are the dancers / DCCs who have goals and ambitions beyond cheering and beyond getting married.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Did anyone get a screenshot of this? I paused it, but don't recall seeing Chantal's name, and I think there were 2 numbers shown. I couldn't tell which one was their placement. 

In order of their interview, groups of 5 & their  final audition number. 

• Love 2

I think someone said this in another thread, buti it kinda seems like the long dark hair / light eyes combo is not one that Kelli finds attractive?  She never seemed to be a huge fan of Natalie Woods' look, nor Ashley Paige or Kelsey.  I also think Ashley just didn't have the sex appeal or sass that most DCCs have. 

Whitney reminded me of Lisa from "Saved by the Bell," but yeah, I totally see the Katie Holmes thing too!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I think someone said this in another thread, buti it kinda seems like the long dark hair / light eyes combo is not one that Kelli finds attractive?  She never seemed to be a huge fan of Natalie Woods' look, nor Ashley Paige or Kelsey.  I also think Ashley just didn't have the sex appeal or sass that most DCCs have. 

Whitney reminded me of Lisa from "Saved by the Bell," but yeah, I totally see the Katie Holmes thing too!

Yeah, it's either that she finds that combo unattractive, or she just subconsciously has an unexplained mean girl hate towards girls with that looks combo ;).   Maybe a girl w/ pale skin, blue eyes and dark brunette hair stole Kelli's first boyfriend from her in 3rd grade.  Haha!

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:39 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Asian girls usually go to people accustomed to cutting Asian hair, because it's very difficult to cut. 

It is?  Why is that?  I'm asking because my daughter is from China and I've never taken her to a special person to cut Asian hair.