Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: Time to Push

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I was a bit underwhelmed with this makeovers this season. Seriously. I don’t really have much to say about them. I liked Milan’s new color and, although they did not really focus on her, Kelsey’s hair was way too dark before. So I liked her makeover as well.

Although it was coming from Melissa Rycroft (and I am no Melissa Rycroft fan), I was so happy to see Madeline get props tonight! I just adore her! I am so happy that she is crushing it this season.

Oh, Amy. It’s becoming painful to watch.

Tasha! I will admit that I was not a fan initially. I thought she seemed old and plastic. Let that girl speak! She sounds so sweet and sincere. You’re winning me over, for sure!

I am a fan of Cersten because YES to homegrown Dallas girls making this squad! Woot woot!

I cringed as soon as Emily said she was the hardest working girl. That’s almost as bad as saying you are the best girl out there. Just don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Bad idea.

Uggghhh. I have had to run in this Dallas heat in the middle of summer. All I can say is that a less than 7-minute mile out there is absolutely CRAZY to me. Geeze. Way to go, girls.

Melissa! You did not bring that camera and screen with you. CMT got them. Hahaha

I love that they aired Group Leader announcements. Hooray for all the fifth-years getting it! And Jenn K., of course. So happy for them all.

Michelle Keeeeeeeys! Whoa, she is brutal and I love it!

Also, I am a huge of defender of the DCCs because I love how classy and poised they are, and there is no denying that they are talented and athletes in their own right. I cannot stand when people put them down as skanks or girls who simply use their looks and sex appeal to get through life. It makes me proud to see alumni like Michelle finding success after their DCC years. Like, booyah, naysayers! Take that!

LOL @ Judy and Kelli at the end. They can be so darn silly sometimes!

Edited by dizzystar
  • Love 11
Just now, dizzystar said:

I was a bit underwhelmed with this makeovers this season. Seriously. I don’t really have much to say about them. I liked Milan’s new color and, although they did not really focus on her, Kelsey’s hair was way too dark before. So I liked her makeover as well.

Although it was coming from Melissa Rycroft (and I am no Melissa Rycroft fan), I was so happy to see Madeline get props tonight! I just adore her! I am so happy that she is crushing it this season.

Oh, Amy. It’s becoming painful to watch.

Tasha! I will admit that I was not a fan initially. I thought she seemed old and plastic. Let that girl speak! She sounds so sweet and sincere. You’re winning me over, for sure!

I am a fan of Cersten because YES to homegrown Dallas girls making this squad! Woot woot!

I cringed as soon as Emily said she was the hardest working girl. That’s almost as bad as saying you are the best girl out there. Just don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Bad idea.

Uggghhh. I have had to run in this Dallas heat in the middle of summer. All I can say is that a less than 7-minute mile out there is absolutely CRAZY to me. Geeze. Way to go, girls.

Melissa! You did not bring that camera and screen with you. CMT got them. Hahaha

I love that they aired Group Leader announcements. Hooray for all the fifth-years getting it! And Jenn K., of course. So happy for them all.

Michelle Keeeeeeeys! Whoa, she is brutal and I love it!

Also, I am a huge of defender of the DCCs because I love how classy and poised they are, and there is no denying that they are talented and athletes in their own right. I cannot stand when people put them down as skanks or girls who simply use their looks and sex appeal to get through life. It makes me proud to see alumni like Michelle finding success after their DCC years. Like, booyah, naysayers! Take that!

LOL @ Judy and Kelli at the end. They can be so darn silly sometimes!

You took the words right out of my mouth!  I agree with you a 100% on your thoughts!

• Love 5

I cannot get over the hair guy's necklace. But, I thought the makeovers were excellent. 

Who is Bethany? Seriously. I'm not being glib. 

Kelli sure smacked down Emily! I agree.... Big leap to say you're the hardest working girl in the room. Given her crappy technique, that's doubtful. 

Whitney's cut was awkward. 

Poor Jackie. I just don't see her making the team. 

Michelle Keys is awesome! Her dance looked so difficult, or maybe it was how quick she was teaching. 

I love Holly!!!!

since when is Melissa Rycroft a beacon of showmanship? What did I miss??!

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 8

They played so little of the makeovers!  On the first episode that had the judge that was a hairdresser (with a topknot) I have since discovered his name- Marshall.  I thought he was ridiculous. (I feel bad about saying that now!)  He totally changed my mind this episode.  I love love LOVE him!  He was SO sweet to the girls and wow- he has the most incredible hair!  He is definitely my favorite on doing the makeovers from any of the seasons.  I would love to be able to have him do my hair LOL!

I was like NOOOO when they were discussing making Tasha a brunette!  She is so pretty blond and she just wouldn't be the same.  I am not sure why Kelli keeps wanting to make these blond bombshells brunette.  In a similar note I did not like Loren with brown hair.  I was recently watching the episode when Lorens hair was changed.  She obviously hated it and I can't say I blamed her.  She got the fan vote with blond hair, why change it?  It made me laugh when Kelli called into her office and asked her if she wanted to go back to blond.  What a loaded question!  If she would have said yes Kelli would have held it against her.

Edited by missmansfield
Misspelled word
  • Love 3

Kelli said so many hilarious things this episode that I could not keep track!  I think one of them was something like, backhill instead of downhill.  And OMG, her hourglass- her figure is just still so great, even with the extra weight these last few seasons.

My Holly love is even greater after her segment with Allie- love them!  And Tasha is sooooo growing on me.  But Cersten, I did not like her little clip.  

PS- did anyone see Bethany's kicks- I think it was her, it was like she was effortlessly kicking behind her ear!

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I cannot get over the hair guy's necklace. But, I thought the makeovers were excellent. 

Who is Bethany? Seriously. I'm not being glib. 

Kelli sure smacked down Emily! I agree.... Big leap to say you're the hardest working girl in the room. Given her crappy technique, that's doubtful. 

Whitney's cut was awkward. 

Poor Jackie. I just don't see her making the team. 

Michelle Keys is awesome! Her dance looked so difficult, or maybe it was how quick she was teaching. 

I love Holly!!!!

since when is Melissa Rycroft a beacon of showmanship? What did I miss??!

I was really glad Kelli called Emily out on the "I work harder than anyone else" comment.  I have always been a supporter of Emily but that comment was SO not Ok!  Everyone there works their heart out to make the team!

• Love 9

Makeover week was such a letdown. Whitney's makeover did nothing for her. The blending of her natural hair with the weave is not working. The way they edited her being cut was so AWKWARD and choppy!

I liked 50-yard Kelsey's makeover to the brown and Emily's hair as well. 

I'm still not here for Rycroft-Strickland. 

Did Vet Jen look thicker when she was teaching the kickline or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Jackie needs to work on her kicks and memory issues for sure! 

Lindsey's right leg high kick looked off to me for some reason. 

I see what everyone has been saying about Tasha's heavy makeup now. The (interview) scene where she didn't have much on shocked me because she looked so much younger and fresh-faced. I really like her though. 

The scene with Allie and (my fave) Holly was really cute. 

I think Emily's comments about being the hardest worker in the room came out wrong. I think it was nerves... I liked her more after seeing her with Kelly and Judy. Still not feeling the black eyeliner. STOP IT WITH ALL 5 FINGERS!

Kelly looked so beautiful when announcing the WOW winners. But that black and white sleeveless dress at the end? no. No. NO! It was like that black and white optical illusion thing that spins and hypnotizes you. I don't know. It was just a NO. 

I love Michelle Keys. So creative! 

I couldn't remember her name last week but Khalyn seems sweet & she's very pretty. I like her makeup. Vet Robyn should tailor her makeup in that same style because she had on some blush in tonight's episode that was TOO red for her skin tone. 

Bethany reminds me of former DCC from the early 2000's, Sandi Boruk. 

On to next week! Between DCC and Project Runway & RuPaul's drag race, I'm loving Thursday night tv. Lol. 

Edited by Dalgal27
Fixed some grammar issues. ;)
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Dalgal27 said:

Makeover week was such a letdown. Whitney's makeover did nothing for her. The blending of her natural hair with the weave is not working. The way they edited her being cut was so AWKWARD and choppy!

I liked 50-yard Kelsey's makeover to the brown and Emily's hair as well. 

I'm still not here for Rycroft-Strickland. 

Did Vet Jen look thicker when she was teaching the kickline or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Jackie needs to work on her kicks and memory issues for sure! 

Lindsey's right leg high kick looked off to me for some reason. 

I see what everyone has been saying about Tasha's heavy makeup now. The (interview) scene where she didn't have much on shocked me because she looked so much younger and fresh-faced. I really like her though. 

The scene with Allie and (my fave) Holly was really cute. 

I think Emily's comments about being the hardest worker in the room came out wrong. I think it was nerves... I liked her more after seeing her with Kelly and Judy. Still not feeling the black eyeliner. STOP IT WITH ALL 5 FINGERS!

Kelly looked so beautiful when announcing the WOW winners. But that black and white sleeveless dress at the end? no. No. NO! It was like that black and white optical illusion thing that spins and hypnotizes you. I don't know. It was just a NO. 

I love Michelle Keys. So creative! 

I couldn't remember her name last week but Khalyn seems sweet & she's very pretty. I like her makeup. Vet Robyn should tailor her makeup in that same style because she had on some blush in tonight's episode that was TOO red for her skin tone. 

Bethany reminds me of former DCC from the early 2000's, Sandi Boruk. 

On to next week! Between DCC and Project Runway & RuPaul's drag race, I'm loving Thursday night tv. Lol. 

I hope Emily's comment came out wrong like you said.  I really want to keep liking her!

• Love 1

Haven't seen the new episode yet. Was gone all day and DH is hogging TV now. Did Kelli  decide to cut someone then change her mind?  She said something in last week's upcoming scenes about first time someone talked her out of it. 

Edited by MrsEVH

Yes, Dalgal27, Thursdays are choke full of good tv. Just add Flipping Out and Flip or Flop and that's my dvr list. Good thing I can record them all at once.

They totally should have shown more of the makeovers!  They added highlights to a lot of the girls with darker hair. I liked what I was able to see. 

Megan is truly stunning. She might be my new favorite now that Nicole is gone. But I do love her picture in the background in the dance studio. ??

Edited by Ninamags
Added information.
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Dalgal27 said:

I rewound that scene bc I thought the same thing.

Love (!!) Marshall. What a difference a few weeks can make :).

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

OK, I officially love the new hair guy :) 

Another thought:  Why did they introduce Melissa as Melissa Rycroft?  Even the banner said Rycroft only.  Is she not going by Rycroft-Strickland anymore?

Yes I heard Kelli thank Melissa Rycroft Strickland

I am so disappointed that Amy doesn't seem to be putting in the work to memorize routines that she had been previously taught.

Emily saying she is working harder than anyone and clearly it is not paying off.  Wrong comment for her to make and glad Kelli challenged her.  Time for her to be gone.

Loved Michelle Keys putting it all out there.

Really liked the rehearsal time better than the makeovers

• Love 8

Allie does not have a DCC figure or look IMO.  Something about her waist is really thick and her legs are not nicely shaped.   She also seems to have more wrinkles than normal for her age.  The mean girls in a dance studio "back story" was quite weak.  Like goodness, what dancer HASN'T encountered mean girls who put them down at one point during their dance training?  (okay, well maybe Madeline and Cassie haven't, but almost everyone who's mom isn't the studio owner or isn't a mega power position over everyone else has).

I liked Milan better w/ lighter hair.

Mandy is such a beauty and a great dancer - like wow, talk about the total package.

Lindsay is really pretty and sweet and I really like her - she needs to get her kicks up though cause she's so tall and can't be kicking low on the 50 yard line.

Cersten for some reason seems really old to me - like she reminds me of a mom or something.  Maybe it's her hairstyle, but they already made her over so I guess that's not gonna change.

Bethany is really pretty and has amazing kicks.  She kind of reminded me of Kaitlyn LaRae w: her big blue eyes in the office.

How about Melissa Rycroft throwing that Heather O. under the bus to Kelli w/ that vanilla  stuff!?   So mean.   Heather O. is awesome and if that's what she does after her mentoring sessions, rats out all their issues to Kelli, I'd tell her no thanks I'll just practice on my own!

Poor Emily.  I bet she really regretted saying that I'm the hardest worker thing.  I still really like her and think she's gorgeous.

Poor Whitney - they just really didn't like her style.  

• Love 4

Jackie is so monotone, flat, every time she speaks. There's a lack of emotion and I'm guessing that's coming through when she dances. It may just be her natural character or she's keeping herself in check for TV. Either way, I don't see how she can change that in one night. 

• Love 9
Spoiler

Well I'm bummed we didn't get to see handclap on the show tonight. Maybe Michelle came back another night and taught it? Or they did the dance but to the wrong music (that almost seemed like what it might have been).  Loved watching her with the team though! They should have her on more often.

Tagged my Michelle Keys comment a spoiler just in case......

I liked Whitney and I'm sad her dream looks like it's come to a end. I agree though that office visit was awkward. Although I did have to laugh at Judy going "Why do you put me on the spot like that?!" ... Was that with Whitney or Jackie? Anyway it made me laugh.

I'm shocked Kelli let Jackie talk her out of cutting her (assuming that wasn't just all for the cameras anyway). I didn't think she made a good enough case for a 2nd chance.

I think it's interesting we got the makeovers first this season but I must admit Marshall is going on me. I'm glad there's more to him than a startled expression. I'm sad we didn't get to see Kelsey's consultation though, LOVE her new look.

Emily's office visit was awkward too. I don't have much to say about her so far this season because we haven't really seen her much. I will say when I have seen her dancing though she doesn't look AS "deer in the headlights". I think her expression is still somewhat frozen but it's definitely better than it used to be. And I think she's is an absolutely gorgeous woman.

Looking forward to next week!

• Love 4

Ali and Milan both needed bangs.  Rainier (sp_?) gave everyone bangs.  Some worked some didn’t.  But all they seem to do now is change hair color.  GIVE THESE GIRLS A HAIRSTYLE!!!  Some girls looked no different in their after shot. 

• Love 3

Don't know if anyone has discussed this yet, but there's still a uniform hanging on the door in K&J's office.  Anybody know whose it is? 

Also, one of the girls that got called into the office has very strange, almost robotic  eyes. I know that doesn't help. I'll have to watch it over to catch the name.  

As someOne who personally knows Emily and Whitney, I feel as if yes, they were speaking from the heart, but it was misconstrued. They mean that they will work as hard as possible and that they would be the best DCC they could possibly be. I'm particularly disappointed in whitneys office visit. I love her, and I think she was trying to be funny. Her personality can read awkwardly and she's dryer than your average DCC. 

As fans, please don't write Whitney off in the event she does reaudition. She's a funny sarcastic girl and I think she got cursed by camera editing.

• Love 12

I have to say that I am really enjoying this season over previous seasons. Clearly the production value has gone up, and I definitely like some of the content changes they have made. More teaching! More dancing! And I may be in the minority, but I'm glad Jay and the exercise segments are back. I really really want to know what Holly does to look like that (besides be 20 years younger than I am and not eat tortilla chips and guacamole every day). But not the goofball planned workouts of the early seasons.  AND I feel like this needs to be said, as an Army veteran, their push-up form is terrible. Just terrible. 

With that being said, I still feel like the editing is a bit choppy. Particularly during the office visits, which are inherently emotional. No need to try and manufacture more drama. 

Anyway, from his first wide-eyed look in episode 1, I felt like Marshall and I should be friends. This episode solidified it - he seems so sweet. And I loved most of the makeover decisions (or at least the ones that were shown). I'm not sure why young ladies think pouring more blonde on top of blonde is attractive...some of them look Crayola yellow or completely washed out.  I was a victim of over highlighting at 23. Once I realized how washed out I looked, I had my hair dyed dark to match my natural color and never touched it again. I then threw out all the pictures of that time frame. I thought Emily and Milan in particular stood out with the darker hair. I do wish that they showed more of the makeovers, particularly if they teach the girls how to style it on their own, plus maybe some makeup pointers...like specifically eye makeup? I mean, I'm asking for a friend :) 

Loved seeing Michelle Keys, I always thought she was so pretty when she was a DCC and she seems very real, no pretense to her.  I don't follow these girls on Instagram, but I always watch the Michelle Keys videos that are posted on these forums from time to time, she seems very talented to my untrained eye.  

I warmed up to Tasha tonight. I think (without knowing her personally) there's a very good chance she has had a lot of opportunities in life due to her looks. It's nice to see that she's human and a spot on the squad isn't going to be handed to her...I think she handled Judys criticism fairly well.  

Nice to see Khalyn get some air time too, I hope we see more of her. Bethany looks exactly like one of my sorority sisters and now I can't unsee that.  

Jackie reminds me of the Daria character from the MTV show...she sorta sounds...sardonic? I have no idea if she's like that in real life...but it would be awesome if she was. I think she dances how she speaks though...pretty flat with no inflection. 

Although I really do not like Allie's look (for a DCC), the part with Holly was pretty cute. I had to laugh at their "throwback" picture, until I realized that was probably only 5 years ago or so for them...Holly has come a LONG way...good for her.

I think Whitney is just beautiful, I wish her makeover would have given her more pop.  Her facial features remind me of Katie Holmes for some reason. Isn't she the one that did the internship with the Cowboys? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Allie does not have a DCC figure or look IMO.  Something about her waist is really thick and her legs are not nicely shaped.   She also seems to have more wrinkles than normal for her age.  The mean girls in a dance studio "back story" was quite weak.  Like goodness, what dancer HASN'T encountered mean girls who put them down at one point during their dance training?  (okay, well maybe Madeline and Cassie haven't, but almost everyone who's mom isn't the studio owner or isn't a mega power position over everyone else has).

I liked Milan better w/ lighter hair.

Mandy is such a beauty and a great dancer - like wow, talk about the total package.

Lindsay is really pretty and sweet and I really like her - she needs to get her kicks up though cause she's so tall and can't be kicking low on the 50 yard line.

Cersten for some reason seems really old to me - like she reminds me of a mom or something.  Maybe it's her hairstyle, but they already made her over so I guess that's not gonna change.

Bethany is really pretty and has amazing kicks.  She kind of reminded me of Kaitlyn LaRae w: her big blue eyes in the office.

How about Melissa Rycroft throwing that Heather O. under the bus to Kelli w/ that vanilla  stuff!?   So mean.   Heather O. is awesome and if that's what she does after her mentoring sessions, rats out all their issues to Kelli, I'd tell her no thanks I'll just practice on my own!

Poor Emily.  I bet she really regretted saying that I'm the hardest worker thing.  I still really like her and think she's gorgeous.

Poor Whitney - they just really didn't like her style.  

I was really suprised when Melissa R.  threw Heather under the bus too!  When I was watching her (Heather) dance I thought she was great!  I thought the other girl wasn't that good.

I don't remember seeing Melissa R.  negative toward anyone.  It doesn't suit her.

• Love 2

So surprised at the Heather O. criticism.  I really like her but hate her makeover! Why does everyone think parted hair in the middle is attractive?  It isn’t for many girls and not on Heather. You get more volume with hair parted on the side and it’s softer.  Sigh.

What the heck was that talk with Whitney?  Why was Kelli not committing to what she decided?  This is a whole new Kelli.  In all the years I have watched this show, I’ve never seen her do that when cutting a girl. So odd. And really surprised about Jackie.  She didn’t fight THAT HARD to stay and Kelli let her stay.

Now that the Melissa calling Kelli after meeting with the girls was shown on tv, going forward why should the rookies trust her? Remember what she told everyone?  “Just two girls talking."

• Love 4

Clearly Melissa R has listened to the past criticism about her look for TV and amped it up with look more put together and wearing makeup now. I like her look this year more than the plumped up lips she had last year. Overall though, I don't know why she seems so universally disliked on this board. I agree that as a showmanship mentor, she knows what she's doing. She's not here to be a technique coach, that's what they have Kitty for. She does know how to sell it and that showed on her Dancing With The Stars stints. 

• Love 7

The evil part of me always hopes that makeovers will result in all the girls who are addicted to long extensions and bleached blonde hair will get short dark hair (and by short, I mean closer to shoulder length, not crew cuts or anything).

I was simultaneously cracking up and rolling my eyes when Marshall, Kelli, and someone else gathered around Yuko to marvel about how they had never felt hair like that before. You mean virgin hair that hasn't been bleached/colored and is full of tracks? Or just Asian hair? I know for a fact that there are Asian people in Dallas but apparently none of them go to Tangerine since they all seemed to think that her hair was such a novelty.

So glad we got to see more dancing again! I enjoyed the routine that they learned this week much more than some of the usual routines (I must confess that I am not a fan of Thunderstruck, despite Kelli's insistence that it's one of their signature dances).

I was really surprised that Jackie was able to convince Kelli not to cut her. She didn't seem to be pushing nearly as hard as Whitney did, but I guess that means Kelli wasn't 100% committed to cutting Jackie. I don't think that Jackie will last much longer because it seems unlikely that she will be able to suddenly turn her performance up to 11 overnight.

4 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I was really glad Kelli called Emily out on the "I work harder than anyone else" comment.  I have always been a supporter of Emily but that comment was SO not Ok!  Everyone there works their heart out to make the team!

The whole "I worked really hard!" argument on reality tv has always annoyed me. I'm going to be frank - I don't care how hard you work. All I care about is the end result. If you are one of those lucky dancers who is naturally flexible and picks up choreography on the first try, great! Feel free not to work hard because duh, you don't have to. If you are one of those less than lucky dancers who really needs to work hard on maintaining your splits and you have to go over choreography a million times in order to memorize it, tough shit. If this is something you want, then you will put in the work. But that doesn't mean you deserve a spot on the team over someone who doesn't have to practice in order to know all the dances. Whether you practice ten times a day or you never practice outside of mandatory rehearsals, I don't care. All that matters to me is whether you can deliver when it's time to show me what you've got. If you quit your job and spend all day rehearsing but you are still making mistakes with the choreography and you can't do the kickline, then you shouldn't be on the team regardless of how much time and effort you are putting in. That's just life. For some people, no amount of work will get them to the level of being a professional football player or cheerleader (but feel free to substitute anything else here like doctor or contortionist or physicist).

But beyond that, how does Emily know she's working harder than everyone else in training camp? Does she have 24 hour surveillance of the other TCCs? Obviously not, but that's why it's ludicrous for her to claim that she's the hardest worker. She's being hyperbolic which doesn't help her at all in this situation. If what we're seeing is the result of being the hardest working person in the room, she's still not as good as half of the other rookie candidates.

4 hours ago, omgtv said:

Did anyone else pause it when Kelli was taking notes on the phone with Melissa? Chantel was really the #1 vet?!  And Selina was above Danielle!??

Guilty as charged! I always pause my tv whenever there's anything written (not just for DCC: MTT). I'm nosy so I always want to know what it is!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Seriously.... Whatever happened to the safety zone?! ?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The evil part of me always hopes that makeovers will result in all the girls who are addicted to long extensions and bleached blonde hair will get short dark hair (and by short, I mean closer to shoulder length, not crew cuts or anything).

I was simultaneously cracking up and rolling my eyes when Marshall, Kelli, and someone else gathered around Yuko to marvel about how they had never felt hair like that before. You mean virgin hair that hasn't been bleached/colored and is full of tracks? Or just Asian hair? I know for a fact that there are Asian people in Dallas but apparently none of them go to Tangerine since they all seemed to think that her hair was such a novelty.

Asian girls usually go to people accustomed to cutting Asian hair, because it's very difficult to cut. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2

Yes @KnyghtRyder! I totes see Katie Holmes in Whitney now you mention it. The cheekbones and the slight lopsided lip thing when speaking - I found it endearing and cute. Her eye colour is beautiful. I'm sad DCC didn't happen for her, she pushed hard in the office which seemed so awkward, but, nothing ventured, nothing gained - sigh.

I can't see Jackie making it much further. Her face doesn't read well for me, is it a confidence issue where she's holding back? 

Amy Amy Amy. Gosh. I find her so adorable, what a beautiful face, and her hair frames it so well. But she's struggling dance-wise...

Emily surprised me - she's really on top of the vacant-frozen-stare thing she used to have going on with her eyes. Girl knows how to make the most of her cheekbones, I love her makeup. She seems so much more open personality-wise and I hope she goes far. Her Mavs experience really gave her some polish.

i love seeing more dancing this year. Thanks CMT ?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Haven't seen the new episode yet. Was gone all day and DH is hogging TV now. Did Kelli  decide to cut someone then change her mind?  She said something in last week's upcoming scenes about first time someone talked her out of it. 

Kelli did say it was the first time someone talked her out of it, but she has a pretty crappy memory. Kaitlyn . laRae talked her out of it too.

7 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I have to say that I am really enjoying this season over previous seasons. Clearly the production value has gone up, and I definitely like some of the content changes they have made. More teaching! More dancing! And I may be in the minority, but I'm glad Jay and the exercise segments are back. I really really want to know what Holly does to look like that (besides be 20 years younger than I am and not eat tortilla chips and guacamole every day). But not the goofball planned workouts of the early seasons.  AND I feel like this needs to be said, as an Army veteran, their push-up form is terrible. Just terrible. 

Did I hear Jay say they had to be able to dance 4 hours in 100 degree heat???? If that's what I heard, that was back at the old Texas Stadium. ATT is climate controlled, and Jerry rarely ever opens the roof. Not sure about the doors. Been there for high school games and it is VERY comfortable inside. But yes, the girls looked quite winded so they did need to up the endurance game.

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty boring. Totally agree with everyone here saying that it was not cool for Melissa to be hating on Heather O after their meeting. It does seem helpful for the girls to watch themselves on film - why don't they do that for everyone?? It seems more helpful than so many of the vague dance critiques like "you dance like a chicken."

i like the fitness sequence and loved Heather H winning and then looking like she was about to keel over as she stopped. That's real busting ass there!! 

I liked Milans old hair better but overall the make overs were nice.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Asian girls usually go to people accustomed to cutting Asian hair, because it's very difficult to cut. 

All the Asian girls I know go to regular salons where they deal with all kinds of hair. Only one girl I know goes to a place that specializes in Asian hair.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

All the Asian girls I know go to regular salons where they deal with all kinds of hair. Only one girl I know goes to a place that specializes in Asian hair.

All I'm saying is I used to go to multiple salons in Dallas- they weren't skilled at cutting Asian hair, and the Asian girls I knew went to stylists that were. Obviously Tangerine is not. My point was simply that it's not shocking they were Gaga over her hair! ?

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Don't know if anyone has discussed this yet, but there's still a uniform hanging on the door in K&J's office.  Anybody know whose it is? 

Also, one of the girls that got called into the office has very strange, almost robotic  eyes. I know that doesn't help. I'll have to watch it over to catch the name.  

She has a uniform hanging there all the time.  I believe it is for ambience!

On another note, my students would tell me (college) they worked soooo hard.  So I would say well, if this is your best, this is good as you are going to get!  That was eye opening to them to realize that their grade or whatever was not going to get any better unless they committed to some more work.  They would say they have sacrificed everything so once again, I would say you then have nothing more to sacrifice leaving their grade to be what it is.  So many kids that age believe they are giving their all and are surprised when life might be better organized, more effort in the right direction that they do get better results.  I remember in the past that TCC have videotaped vets etc but don't see any of that.

Edited by cherryblossom
Put in more thoughts!!!
  • Love 8

Was Holly the only vet who did the stuff with Jay?  And if so, why?  Maybe she wanted to defend her title?  I guess anyone who wants to can go?

Also, do these girls not sweat?  I don't get it.  There would be nothing but a puddle left in my space after I did what they do. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Was Holly the only vet who did the stuff with Jay?  And if so, why?  Maybe she wanted to defend her title?  I guess anyone who wants to can go?

I haven't watched the episode but I was thinking maybe Jay asked her back because she won last year.

1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

Every year I wonder that! Like, how do they pick which vets go?? lol Maybe they ask for volunteers. Last year wasn't it Lacey and Melissa? I HIGHLY doubt Holly really cared about hanging on to that title ;-D  Anyone who follows Holly knows she is in ridiculous shape.  

I cringe SO HARD when they do their pushups though.  So terrible...c'mon Jay!!!  When my form starts breaking down I drop to my knees and focus on getting my chest down and flexing every muscle to get the most out of it.  Doing those little half-assed ones just so they have a higher number...eye roll.  I could do 87 pushups too if that's all it took.  Props on the mile runs though at sub 7 minutes in that heat!  Little Heather really impressed me...I like her but she is another one who looks great dancing but bored out of her mind when she isn't. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Dalgal27 said:

"STOP IT WITH ALL 5 FINGERS!" is now my most favorite saying!

• Love 4

Amazon alerted me to a new episode overnight so I was able to watch most of it before I had to leave for work :-D 

I ALWAYS want them to show more of the make overs but it wasn't bad.  I kind of don't think Kelli REALLY wants to change half the blondes to brunettes.  She is not blind - she knows they need blondes.  I think she has a certain 'drama quota' to fill each episode and hair shock is always a good one to tease with lol I would seriously have been angry if they'd changed Mandy - she is one that looks stunning blonde, as does Tasha.  Really liked the little tweaks to Tasha's hair and her admitting she doesn't have naturally great hair. As a curly girl, I love seeing natural curls comes out but was not a fan of Tess'.  I think she actually looks better with the wavier hair and I have a feeling if she's picked she would be a Paige-type where they are like OMG love the curls! do natural! and then after a season would say like, eh, let's change it up.  Milan's hair looked a lot better on screen than I thought it would. 

Really like little Allie!! She is adorable and I can't get over that she is OLDER than Holly P! Their scene was cute.  I know there are still people who don't care for Holly and that's fine, but I think she seems to genuinely sweet and helpful.  I can't imagine her not being a second GL next year. So cute when she said Allie was like her sister and she always wanted one :) 

*I* was nervous just watching Michelle's scene with them! holyheck!!! If that's how fast she truly teaches I think I'd just be walking in circles in one of her classes LOL  She really is gifted though and I like how real she is.  "we don't do easy - we're the best"...yes, girl!! 

I was actually cracking up when Melissa "called" Kelli to give her feedback on the meeting with Khalyn and Heather O.  HAHAHA!!! I just kept thinking of the Hills and all those fake phone calls they'd make for drama's sake (like Spencer apologizing to Lauren and Lauren admitting later that it was all staged and she never talked to him on the phone) Probably just me but I could swear Kelli was trying to keep a straight face during that scene.  "Oh gosh, yes, tell me how it went...dying to know..." LOL I think they said that about Heather O so that it would be all wowwww go girl when she did better at practice that night.  Both she and Khalyn are fun dancers they just are victim at this point of thinking they are going all out but aren't.  Megan C looked fantastic!!! I do love watching her dance - she truly has one of the best smiles. 

Looking forward to finishing episode tonight when I get home from work but dang is anyone else like how is it the fourth episode already!?!!

• Love 6

Jenn K was also at the boot camp.

I can't understand why Whitney and Jackie weren't included in the showmanship clinic with Melissa Rycroft. They obviously both struggle in that area and could've used the help. 

Agreed although maybe Kelli thought they were a lost cause and sent the girls to Melissa who she really wanted on the team but needed help.

• Love 1