Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle and Noon: Don't Talk To His Mom

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Just curious, why would it be hard for  him to return? He is a US citizen, right? Born in the US, I presume? Or do you mean it could be hard for him to return without Noon? 

I think he doesn't want to leave Noon behind in Thailand and have to come back to the US without her.

ITA that TLC is trying to create some stupid storyline to manufacture drama where there isn't any. Kyle and Noon seem to be happy and seem to care very much for one another. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 3
On 10/29/2016 at 2:14 PM, bichonblitz said:

Just curious, why would it be hard for  him to return? He is a US citizen, right? Born in the US, I presume? Or do you mean it could be hard for him to return without Noon? 

Yes - it should have said for "THEM" to return.  My computer was freaking out and I didn't notice I said that.

It was something, Kyle's mom saying that he has given up on his family or whatnot. Seems more like she's given up. Good for Kyle for putting some breathing room between himself and his family and managing to lead a pretty good life. I like Noon, she's sweet, but it seems like a mistake to commit to moving to Thailand at this stage.

• Love 1

I don't see any problem at all with Kyle and Noon moving to Thailand. Why not? While I'm usually delighted to pile into the Snark-mobile and put the pedal to the metal, I'm really not seeing why this is so terrible. So Noon might lose her green card. It doesn't seem to bother her much. Noon's failure to regard its achievement as the pinnacle of her existence makes her suspect? People's lives change and they decide to alter their plans. I'm perfectly fine with Kyle and Noon doing this. I don't think they've made their decisions lightly or frivolously. I don't think Noon's lack of worry over her green card status makes her a bad person. If they move to Thailand and live there for five years, then come back to the US still married, they can start again, as Noon says. Shrug. I think its a solid plan and they were going to do it all along--all this hemming and hawing is for the show. 

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't see any problem at all with Kyle and Noon moving to Thailand. Why not? While I'm usually delighted to pile into the Snark-mobile and put the pedal to the metal, I'm really not seeing why this is so terrible. So Noon might lose her green card. It doesn't seem to bother her much. Noon's failure to regard its achievement as the pinnacle of her existence makes her suspect? People's lives change and they decide to alter their plans. I'm perfectly fine with Kyle and Noon doing this. I don't think they've made their decisions lightly or frivolously. I don't think Noon's lack of worry over her green card status makes her a bad person. If they move to Thailand and live there for five years, then come back to the US still married, they can start again, as Noon says. Shrug. I think its a solid plan and they were going to do it all along--all this hemming and hawing is for the show. 

When you're married, it's a partnership.  He didn't seem too keen on doing it permanently because if he wanted to come back, she could not come.  I thought that shorter visits until she got her citizenship was a fair compromise.

• Love 5

I don't disagree with that. I think Kyle and Noon planned to go to Thailand all along and are just bad actors is all. I've said before I think they had their tickets bought before shooting for this season ever started. The whole "will they or won't they? conflict! Drama!" reads very false to me and I swear I can see Noon laughing to herself sometimes. And what you suggest could indeed be what they are actually doing in real life. I simply don't feel inclined to judge them, though I happily and vociferously judge all the rest of this motley crew. YMMV

• Love 2

I don't know enough about this process, but it's a shame that you can't apply for some emergency time home (longer than 6 months or whatever it is she can stay) without losing your status if you can prove you have a sick relative and your family needs you.  Especially if she's bringing her husband along - that would seem to me that they plan to return.  Or maybe you can, and the show just wants more drama.

• Love 3

I don't know about being able to stay out of the US longer than 6 months.  Until the conditions are removed from the "green card," you have to apply for something called "advanced parole" to even be allowed to leave the country and maintain your conditional status.  Yeah, that's what it's called - advanced PAROLE.  My husband's father passed away before he received his "permanent" green card, and we STILL had to apply for advance parole and wait before we could leave the country.  And upon return to the US, we had to sit at JFK airport in the deportation lounge while the personnel checked his papers.  There were people in there who were handcuffed to the chairs!  It's a nightmare!

• Love 8

@Kath94....wow, that's just awful! It's so hard to understand for those who've never been sponsored thru an employer or by marriage.

Legal immigrants are treated at times almost as poorly as those who aren't.  It's almost like people are still punished for wanting to do things the right way. I don't mean to get off topic, but before I became a naturalized citizen, I was often reminded how I wasn't "just like everybody else", and I'm originally from the UK. I'm thankful I no longer have to put up with this, and my heart goes out to anyone who's doing this.

i would hate for Noon to be mistreated by immigration.  I really like her and Kyle, and I hate it that TLC is trying to make drama where there is none.  Noon has enough to get used to coming here and trying to assimilate and not be so homesick. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

i would hate for Noon to be mistreated by immigration.  I really like her and Kyle, and I hate it that TLC is trying to make drama where there is none.  Noon has enough to get used to coming here and trying to assimilate and not be so homesick. 

I agree no one should be mistreated. As far as TLC though, they signed themselves up for that paycheck. They're no different from anyone else on that show who signs up to get exploited. Hope the checks are worth it to them.

• Love 1

I have a close friend who is American and lived in Thailand for years. She has such beautiful and amazing stories about her time there. I a planning a visit to Thailand with her in two years to experience it myself. Why does everyone get so OMGahd someone wants to move somewhere that's not Amurica.

They seem to really love each other. Hopefully they can figure out how to maintain her green card to give her more options in the future. But I don't see it as the end of the world for him at all.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I have a close friend who is American and lived in Thailand for years. She has such beautiful and amazing stories about her time there. I a planning a visit to Thailand with her in two years to experience it myself. Why does everyone get so OMGahd someone wants to move somewhere that's not Amurica.

They seem to really love each other. Hopefully they can figure out how to maintain her green card to give her more options in the future. But I don't see it as the end of the world for him at all.

Between my wife and I, I keep championing the idea that he should move to Thailand with her. In fact, when they were on 90 Day Fiance before they got married, I couldn't understand why they didn't just get married IN THAILAND. He didn't really have any family at the wedding anyway and she is close to her family. Besides, he could bartend in Thailand and probably make at least as much money as he was in New Orleans.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Knowing Kyle isn't close to his family, I hope Noon didn't manipulate him into moving to Thailand.  I noticed that her father's condition went from being "very sick" to "a little sick". 

She has pretty much always said "a little sick", which is one reason I thought the whole sick dad story was a TLC plant so they could construct a back story to a decision they'd made already so they'd have a story line this season. Whenever she says "my dad is sick" she adds "a little bit", probably crossing her fingers under the table. I don't see Noon being manipulative at all. They are a married couple who decided together to move to Thailand. Yes, she'll lose her green card if she stays there longer than six months, but that doesn't seem to bother either of them unduly. I agree with @spankydoll--is it really so shocking that someone would decide to live somewhere other than the US? If they do eventually return, it will be as an established married couple. Kyle is still a US citizen. I'm no immigration lawyer but maybe the lawyers on the forum could enlighten--would Noon really face a lot of hardship if she were to re-apply for a green card?

26 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Between my wife and I, I keep championing the idea that he should move to Thailand with her. In fact, when they were on 90 Day Fiance before they got married, I couldn't understand why they didn't just get married IN THAILAND. He didn't really have any family at the wedding anyway and she is close to her family. Besides, he could bartend in Thailand and probably make at least as much money as he was in New Orleans.

Oh, and this. He's a bartender, he could get a job at a hotel--if he has any hotel experience here he can probably get a job at an outlet in Bangkok (e.g. if he worked at a Sheraton here, he would probably go to the top of the line at a Sheraton there) or any place that caters to the tourist or expat community.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I think Kyle made some very interesting observations about moving to Thailand, that he, as a white male, would be in the minority there, that it would not be "his" country.  

However, if Noon is close to her family and if her family welcomes him into their family, it might be a very good situation for him. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Kyle made some very interesting observations about moving to Thailand, that he, as a white male, would be in the minority there, that it would not be "his" country.  

However, if Noon is close to her family and if her family welcomes him into their family, it might be a very good situation for him. 

We haven't gotten to watch the latest episode yet. That'll be tonight/this afternoon. I think, as a white male myself, that being in the minority would be valuable experience. Same can be said for living in a country other than the one I have lived all my life. In fact, even being married, if my wife wasn't dyslexic, then I'd be finding an angle to move us to a foreign country. However, since she's dyslexic, that's just not going to happen (unless it's Canada, the UK, Australia, or some other primarily English speaking country) because to move her anywhere else would be to condemn her to an illiterate hell where she wouldn't get to fully experience and enjoy the vibrancy of that country, anyway.

And, as someone who is also not close with his parents, Kyle getting to experience such a thing would be of great benefit to him. My wife's family is very close and I am now very close with them. It took me many years to adjust and to feel like I fit in, but it's been one of the best things to ever happen to me and that awkward and uncomfortable period of time was worth it.

• Love 7

I think that ultimately living in Thailand was always the plan. She worked in finance and had a good job. She didn't really want to move here, and they discussed that they looked at the best plan for marriage, whether it was to marry there or bring her here on a fiance visa to marry, and marrying here won out. I don't remember if they discussed the reasons why, but I'm pretty sure if they did, it wasn't aired on the show since adults making adult decisions after considering all options doesn't fit with the show narrative.

Before she arrived, he had rented an apartment and made the initial arrangements at the Buddhist temple for their nuptials. The apartment wasn't going to be ready for a few days after she arrived, and the show insisted that he stay with his old nekkid roommate for at least one night for filming purposes, so they did. In that Twitter argument with Jason from Season 2, he told them that they had saved the money they made from this show. Based on both of their Twitter accounts and responses during their season, I thought they were saving up to move to Thailand. I don't believe either one every said that though, it was just my thought at the time. I don't follow either one of them, just read them at the time. 

• Love 3

I think a move to Thailand may have always been one of their options, but I'm not so sure it was the ultimate plan.  They really were looking at different places to settle in the US.  Kyle is from CO and I have a CO real estate license.  We are friends on FB and he asked me to look out for properties around Denver for them when they were trying to decide between Denver and Portland.   And while he just changed his FB pic and cover to photos of them in Thailand, I'm not so sure they are actually living there permanently or have just gone for an extended visit over the summer.  They just posted a few days ago from a Trail Blazers game.  Perhaps they are still just back for the Tell All, but that happened in NYC, so why would they be in Portland?  Anyway that's just my thoughts.. maybe they are going to make it permanent over there and simply haven't yet.   

• Love 3
On 11/6/2016 at 10:54 AM, gonecrackers said:

I was wondering as well. It always seemed like she had a strange gait, or limp. She also always seems to wear comfy walking shoes.

She spoke of it on her instragram. She had ACL surgery from a ski accident.

• Love 1

Is Noon actually from Bangkok?? If so I can't believe she is so scared in New Orleans.  Bangkok is well known for prostitution, drugs and human trafficking. I think she is playing him and will not be happy anywhere in the US. She seems very sweet but I think she can be calculating and manipulative.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Trace said:

Is Noon actually from Bangkok?? If so I can't believe she is so scared in New Orleans.  Bangkok is well known for prostitution, drugs and human trafficking. I think she is playing him and will not be happy anywhere in the US. She seems very sweet but I think she can be calculating and manipulative.

I guess it depends upon which part of Bangkok and New Orleans. It is how we see Los Angeles and Manila

• Love 2

In the few months so he was there she was mugged and their bikes were stolen which would make most people think the town wasn't safe. You can live you entire life in either Bangkok or NO without experiencing those things first hand having both of those things happen to her would color her perception of NO.

• Love 5
On 11/9/2016 at 4:21 PM, Trace said:

It seemed like she was from a town outside of Bangkok; like somewhere kind of rural. This is just my impression based on what little they have ever shown of her family.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Just looked at their IG and it seems that they are still together and back in Portland. This makes me happy.

This is good. I'm happy for them. Thanks for posting this update. I know the successful couples have less drama, but I still wish that TLC would feature them - even if it's just a freeze-frame picture of them and a text w/voice-over update about how they're doing.

• Love 4
(edited)

This is apparently old news but new to me because I don't follow these shows on Reddit. Noon was part of a make-up company, which now refuses to sell to Americans and millennials:

From Starcasm:

And more from Beau’Thai’Ful’s statement:

To all of the people who worked hard on this project and to all of the people that use our product in other countries we thank you and will continue to do business in those countries. We have come to realize that Americans would rather purchase merchandise based off of influencers (paid) and IG pictures and not the product’s quality and reasonable pricing. In our country we call this animal a sheep! To the American millenial generation we would suggest pulling your head out of your phone and go out and enjoy life and try new things it may surprise you! On a final note we are proud of our manufacturing plant in Bangkok as they continue to win awards providing custom cosmetics in SE Asia and Europe! Adios America!

Kyle responded: plus additional info at link

Hey guys, Kyle here. Noon was merely a figurehead/influencer of “beauthaiful” that the owner wanted to portray her as the CEO. She has no say over any activity or post associated with the company and has dropped association months ago. The real owner is named Chris and he is p*ssed that the brand didn’t take off due to not paying advertisers, which is obvious he should have, as all successful companies do. Noon has nothing to do with this and it should be pretty clear by reading the post this isn’t on point with her English skill set.

Wish there was a way I could post screenshots of their conversation in this thread! Noon was supposed to receive a commission for helping get sales but through her efforts she didn’t actually receive even a shiny nickle in commission. She only got a handful of free cosmetics to try to make sure she liked them and that’s it.

In an earlier thread on reddit about this company it was immediately discovered that the company has been owned for years by a Martin “Chris” M. in Cornelius, NC. We live in Portland and anyone who has ever received a product would notice it came from NC, not OR. The owner is p*ssed he threw 50k down the drain trying to own a cosmetics company and wanted to have one last public freak out which he didn’t realize made it look like it was from Noon.

Noon immediately contacted him and told him that it makes her look bad but he didn’t care. I have proof in the screenshots. Also I was fully against this dumb*ss promotion because the owner wanted Noon to be a figurehead instead of just an influencer, and also because Noon isn’t known for ever wearing cosmetics on the show. This has wasted hours of Noon’s time, and now some of mine since I’m not as nice as Noon and I’m not afraid to throw the guy under the bus for his bullsh*t posts.

Noon works at a cat hotel, she doesn’t own a make up company.

I'm glad to hear that Noon didn't have any part in those posts but am still surprised I never even knew about it since they are my favorite couple. On the Kyle link there are screencaps where Noon tells the owner people think it was her posting and he eventually apologized to her. 

They are on the fifteen minute webshow on TLC's site and are currently living in Portland, thinking about having a baby and buying a home. 

Edited by Christina
Removing bunches of unnecessary commas. I clearly can't type.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Christina said:

This is apparently old news but new to me because I don't follow these shows on Reddit. Noon was part of a make-up company, which now refuses to sell to Americans and millennials:

From Starcasm:

Kyle responded: plus additional info at link

I'm glad to hear that Noon didn't have any part in those posts but am still surprised I never even knew about it since they are my favorite couple. On the Kyle link there are screencaps where Noon tells the owner people think it was her posting and he eventually apologized to her. 

They are on the fifteen minute webshow on TLC's site and are currently living in Portland, thinking about having a baby and buying a home. 

Yeah, I like Kyle and noon.  They are sweet.  What an interesting job working at a cat hotel!  

There is so much makeup in the United States that he is probably better off focusing on other markets, though his grapes sound sour as hell!

• Love 1

I don't know, I find Noon a bit annoying and childish and Kyle is a pushover who never seems to know what he wants to do. 

But I get the feeling from their IG photos that their part on the show was highly manufactured. They seem to still be in Portland and she seemed to enjoy Portland. I don't really believe the whole moving to Thailand thing.

Someone posted a current photo of Kyle and Noon in this Reddit thread and Kyle responded to it.

0v80axoha5j41.jpg

Thank you all so much I don't get on reddit as much anymore but we are doing great. We are based in Portland Oregon and I am now working in real estate in Oregon and Washington. We are planning to buy a house this winter and have a baby after that. Noons dad is well and we are set to visit them in April if the coronavirus doesn't cause any flight problems. My mother is not doing well and has stage 4 cancer that is in the throat, lungs, and ovaries. The doctor doesn't give her too long do we plan to go out there again in June. 90 Day reached out to us about shooting What Now regarding my mother but to that we have to decline. Hope you are all well Reddit fam Much love, Kyle and Noon

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Christina said:

Someone posted a current photo of Kyle and Noon in this Reddit thread and Kyle responded to it.

0v80axoha5j41.jpg

So happily unsurprised to see them doing well.  He used to post in a FB group I was a part of and he was the nicest guy. You could tell that he thought the world of noon.  

I hope they just live their lives and avoid this shitshow.  Too bad about that trip.  My sister had a trip planned to Thailand and moved it back to November.  They are both young and healthy but I wouldn't risk it. 

• Love 4