Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

I'll be damned, if he didn't put ANOTHER whiskey glass emoji in his post about the podcast. Is he going to sit there and down a bottle every time? Because that's about the only way it'll be entertaining. 

*UPDATE* He also used the emoji on yet another post about meeting people at pumpkin season. I just can't.

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Auj mentioned that she’s still breast feeding at 13 months. I thought that you were supposed to begin allowing sippy cups (them learning to feed and drink without help) and wean around 9-10 months. I think she needs the attachment of her daughter to feel more important and loved. 

I can't stand Auj, but there's nothing wrong in still breastfeeding at only 13 months. Doesn't mean she's not giving her food too by now. It's more of a comfort thing.

• Love 5

Good lord, can you imagine Audrey needing to work at someplace other than her home and having to put the kid in daycare?

As for the podcast - I admit curiosity but I somehow doubt they're going to make major confessions. I also question the reality of how... the behind the scenes of their relationship may not be enough for more than one podcast. I mean, its not like they grew up together as children, they met in what, 2011?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Good lord, can you imagine Audrey needing to work at someplace other than her home and having to put the kid in daycare?

As for the podcast - I admit curiosity but I somehow doubt they're going to make major confessions. I also question the reality of how... the behind the scenes of their relationship may not be enough for more than one podcast. I mean, its not like they grew up together as children, they met in what, 2011?

I’m sure it’ll be a bunch of redundant content, just like their social media. But, their fans will probably lap it up, unfortunately. At least for a little while. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

She's so entitled she would expect there to be an onsite company-paid daycare center . . . and she'd expect one-hour breaks every three hours to go breastfeed and cuddle.  All of this would be communicated to the HR Department at the first interview.  There would be no second interview.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jer, no need to worry if you’ve “lost anything from this year - Embers (sic) first year.”  Every bloomin’ minute is on social media! Just ask that professional photographer who follows you around 24/7 for some reprints. Jeesh.

• Love 18

And look! Lil Miss Auj is cheerfully noting how girls need to remember that more clothes and less alcohol are the best way to not get raped on Satan's night.

I trust this means we will no longer see pictures of Auj in underpants and a bra clutching her bare pregnant belly? No more "Look at my thigh gap for Jesus???" shots? And no more "these are shorts so short you can read my lower lips!" since you know, thats how women get raped.

And since drinking is wrong, I trust we won't be seeing Auj touching a drop every again? I mean, she is a woman and if she drinks, she's asking for a raping!

I am more seriously amused at how lil Miss "I WAS A VIRGIN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!" also describes her days and nights in college so …. sinfully. I mean, I really get the impression Auj-Poj is speaking from experience on counting calories to fit her sexy costume and walking around all weekend nearly naked with her morals on hold because it's Halloweekend!

Seriously tho, if you're gonna preach modesty, Auj, it's time your tits and ass and upper thighs were covered up. 

• Love 21

Halloweekend? I went to college and never did I hear such a term. She's such a hypocrite. And I agree, the whole counting calories/drinking/costume thing is way too specific to not be from personal experience. I don't understand the issue these two create over Halloween. It's all about fun. Eat some candy, watch some scary movies, and chill the fuck out about it.

• Love 16

That's a really bizarre comment to make. A lot of people grow up in small towns... small schools.... where there isn't a single black person or even someone of any other race.  I don't even like Jeremy and Audrey but even I would have to say "everyone I've known since kindergarten...." would also be white. And not just my friends.... literally everyone!

Sure, Oregon is white af in general*... but they did once post a group photo of their LA friends and every single person in that picture was white too (except for maybe one or two who looked racially ambiguous). Not gonna lie, I absolutely judge the fuck out of anyone who lives in a diverse city and yet all of their friends are still white. I don't give a rat's ass if the city is segregated or whatever, because the people are still THERE, you're just choosing to participate in the segregation. (I lived in NYC up until recently, I would know. I judged all the white hipster Brooklynites who chose to stay in their white hipster Brooklynite bubbles.)  

And I absolutely think that the people you choose to surround yourself with says something about you. Couple that with Jeremy's history of racism, not to mention the fact that they subscribe to a version of white evangelical Christianity that is not exactly known for being inclusive, especially the circles that talk positively about Trump (which Audrey has done before, even if she backtracked because she's a coward).... well, I don't care if it's considered ~bizarre to question the whiteness of their social groups. 

Speaking of not being inclusive, I noticed that they plugged Rosaria Butterfield, who is famous in evangelical circles for being a "former lesbian" who is now married to a guy. Read: she's a bisexual woman who had actually expressed attraction to men before but saying that you're a bisexual who married someone of the opposite sex is less profound than saying that you're a former lesbian who has changed because JESUS. Love that Jer and Auj believe in that ex-gay shit. /s

* Yes, even Portland! Maybe it's less white than the rest of Oregon but it's still pretty white. Then again I'm pretty spoiled because I've lived in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, and NYC. Now I live in Austin, which is comparable to Portland in terms of racial demographics I think, and when I first moved here, I immediately thought, "This city is white as hell." 

ETA: Oh, I meant to say, it never fails to kill me how Jeremy are Audrey are convinced that he's an intellectual because he likes to read. Didn't Audrey once say that he was the more "cerebral" of the two? IME people who are insecure about their intelligence/intellect like to use reading as shorthand for how s-m-r-t they are. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, galax-arena said:

the whiteness of their social groups. 

Wow

I did not know that "affirmative action" needs to be applied when choosing friends.

“I should have drank more and wore less…”

Hey, all. Please stay tuned for my upcoming podcast "Past Participles of Irregular Verbs." I'm in my trendy home podcast studio with a bourbon in hand recording it now! I can hardly wait for you all to hear it!!!! It's life changing!!!!! 

Edited by BradandJanet
Embarrassing typo
  • Love 15
On 10/25/2018 at 11:11 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Maybe the drink emoji is a subtle recommendation for the listeners ...

Yes, be sure to get very drunk so you're too uncoordinated stick a fork in your ear while you're listening.

17 hours ago, Rap541 said:

And look! Lil Miss Auj is cheerfully noting how girls need to remember that more clothes and less alcohol are the best way to not get raped on Satan's night.

I trust this means we will no longer see pictures of Auj in underpants and a bra clutching her bare pregnant belly? No more "Look at my thigh gap for Jesus???" shots? And no more "these are shorts so short you can read my lower lips!" since you know, thats how women get raped.

And since drinking is wrong, I trust we won't be seeing Auj touching a drop every again? I mean, she is a woman and if she drinks, she's asking for a raping!

I am more seriously amused at how lil Miss "I WAS A VIRGIN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!" also describes her days and nights in college so …. sinfully. I mean, I really get the impression Auj-Poj is speaking from experience on counting calories to fit her sexy costume and walking around all weekend nearly naked with her morals on hold because it's Halloweekend!

Seriously tho, if you're gonna preach modesty, Auj, it's time your tits and ass and upper thighs were covered up. 

Aui has apparently not learned the cardinal rule of web writing which is that people won't read much, and certainly not a wall of text.

• Love 4
On 10/26/2018 at 12:17 PM, Rap541 said:

See, my take away is that Auj's hair is a much different red in this photo than in earlier photos from this month. 

Gosh, Jer is "company reorganizing". Is he a CEO now?

Their photographer is using the "pumpkin filter" on those shots. Skews to the warm end of the spectrum.  

OK. I'm going to stay home and bake bread for Halloween instead of engaging in the debauchery I had planned. No hollow Halloween pursuits for me this year. Medicare won't cover it. 

• Love 12

I did not know that "affirmative action" needs to be applied when choosing friends.

Well, I'd say a large part of the problem is that you (and perhaps JerAuj) see this as affirmative action, the implication being that being friends with POC is something that you need to essentially force yourself to do and that POC are somehow less "qualified" to be your friends. I never had to force myself to be friends with white or black or hispanic people, it just happened because I didn't see them as some sort of weird Other. No, I don't think you need to force yourself to become friends with anyone you don't want to. But then I question why is it that you "just so happen" to only naturally be friends with white people or gravitate towards white neighborhoods. 

Being judged by the company you keep is not some new unique concept. 

ETA: Especially with Jer's history of racial slurs, somehow I'm supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt? LOL yeah right. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, galax-arena said:

Well, I'd say a large part of the problem is that you (and JerAuj) see this as affirmative action

Snark...my dear...snark

Do not judge me  ok?  ok!

You know nothing about me.

That is all

I know what snark is. And no, I don't think you were claiming it as the literal equivalent to affirmative action. I'm talking about the mindset of thinking that it's somehow unfair to judge Auj and Jer for their friends because you like who you like, and they shouldn't have to force their crowd into being a United Colors of Benetton ad. 

Look, the bottom line is that I'm 150% fine with judging a Trump supporter who once referred to Mexico as "that b*aner place" for only having white friends. It confirms what I already knew about them. (Okay, to be fair, Audrey has never used racial slurs that I'm aware of.) 

They're good with judging me for going to hell because I'm gay, so turnabout's fair play, eh? 

• Love 6

I think my favorite Auj Halloween tip for the college gal is “bake bread.”  What the?  “Hey ladies!  Let’s get together this weekend, hand out candy to kids (who won’t even be out yet, since Halloween is Wednesday...) and BAKE BREAD!”  I can’t even...

• Love 9

Easy guys, don't we have the wonderous musings of Jer and Auj to bitch about and not each other? :)

Like for example, I'd be more impressed with Jeremy being so well read if he'd actually talk about the books he had read in an intelligent way and not in a "I read A Severe Mercy and think others should read it" or "I read Dave Ramsey's book and it gave me a lot to think about" because when he does that, it makes me think he read it by moving the pages but not actually reading it. He doesn't have any real opinions on anything and he never seems able to give actual examples from what he's read on why he likes it. I mean, for all he prats and prats about A Severe Mercy... I still have utterly no idea what he finds so intriguing about it... and I have read the book and can say I found Sheldon's basic honesty about his struggle with his dawning Christian faith to be genuine, and how he struggled with his faith when Davy died, and his correspondence and friendship with C.S. Lewis fascinating. See how I am saying something that indicates I have actually read the book in question?

Likewise this podcast they're planning... Jeremy and Auj like to play the victim when they state opinions that are pretty judgmental. Because I am not entirely unkind, I hope they understand two basic facts about the criticism they will get from their podcast and book.

1. They aren't children who need to be granted grace any more - they're in their late twenties and even the nonsensical millennial whine of "the brain isn't fully formed until 25-30" really no longer applies unless they are willing to say "we're not mentally competant and need to have daily assistance in our lives and our words should be disregarded as we aren't competant adults".

2. They aren't being forced to do a podcast or write a book. They are choosing to put it out there. Jeremy is a man. Audrey is a woman, they are *making the choice* to publically call themselves ministers and are writing a book on relationship advice. No more "we're not saying we're counselors/we're not saying our way is right" - they very clearly are putting themselves out there for comment and you know, monetary gain

50 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

“Hey ladies!  Let’s get together this weekend, hand out candy to kids (who won’t even be out yet, since Halloween is Wednesday...) and BAKE BREAD!”  I can’t even...

This is particularly irritating when I am pretty darn sure Auj will be doing something exciting and hipster and alcohol adjacent this weekend. 

Look, the bottom line is that I'm 150% fine with judging a Trump supporter who once referred to Mexico as "that b*aner place" for only having white friends. It confirms what I already knew about them. (Okay, to be fair, Audrey has never used racial slurs that I'm aware of.) 

Made more amusing that Jeremy doesn't have the balls to even call himself a Republican. 

And I agree the reality that these two do believe that gay people should not be allowed to marry and while they have every right to believe what they like, I have every right to genuinely believe their views are bigoted and that they therefore are bigoted. 

I wonder if they realize the questions are going to get harder and that "Shut up! You don't know me!!!" isn't going to work that well.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Hey, all. Please stay tuned for my upcoming podcast "Part Participles of Irregular Verbs." I'm in my trendy home podcast studio with a bourbon in hand recording it now! I can hardly wait for you all to hear it!!!! It's life changing!!!!! 

B&J, you know I love you and am NOT picking on you.  But did you mean "PAST" Participles?  I'm not familiar with "Part Participles."  (Just for the record, I have NEVER - personally - committed a grammar or spelling faux pas.  LOL.)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

B&J, you know I love you and am NOT picking on you.  But did you mean "PAST" Participles?  I'm not familiar with "Part Participles."  (Just for the record, I have NEVER - personally - committed a grammar or spelling faux pas.  LOL.)

Indeed, I did. Does this mean you won't listen to my podcast now? OK. I'm going to retreat to my trendy studio and cry into my bourbon. 

• Love 12

Come now, no need to cry. And certainly don't drink that demon alcohol, its far too close to Halloweekend where you might overdo it and totally regret it!

Instead, I suggest you bake some bread. :)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Indeed, I did. Does this mean you won't listen to my podcast now? OK. I'm going to retreat to my trendy studio and cry into my bourbon. 

I'm a LOT more likely to listen to YOUR podcast than Jer and Auj's.  At least you can graciously admit mistakes . . . an ability I doubt exists in their universe.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Hey, all. Please stay tuned for my upcoming podcast "Past Participles of Irregular Verbs." I'm in my trendy home podcast studio with a bourbon in hand recording it now! I can hardly wait for you all to hear it!!!! It's life changing!!!!! 

I would rather listen to that podcast than whatever crap those two idiots put together.

• Love 5
On 10/25/2018 at 10:32 PM, Rap541 said:

I am more curious if they will be charging for their podcast. 

They have to be. They don't seem to do anything without being compensated in some form or fashion. Even their participation in pumpkin season comes with them setting up shop in order to hawk their goods to their young female fan base.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So--Jeremy's lying in bed for almost two hours while his baby screams, growing more frustrated with her by the moment, and then Auj gets up an hour and forty-five minutes after the screaming starts and has Ember back to sleep in mere minutes with her "special touch." The next morning, gritting his tired teeth, Jer reflects on how excited he is by the lessons God gave him. 

Maybe it's just Jer's bad writing, but did he get up to see what was going on with his child? What was Auj doing for nearly two hours until she applied the special touch that fixed everything? Did Auj withhold her magic touch and let Ember scream to annoy Jer? Did Jer understand how lucky he was not to have to get up and go to work like most people with small children do? Is everything hunky-dory with the navel-gazing twosome? 

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

So--Jeremy's lying in bed for almost two hours while his baby screams, growing more frustrated with her by the moment, and then Auj gets up an hour and forty-five minutes after the screaming starts and has Ember back to sleep in mere minutes with her "special touch." The next morning, gritting his tired teeth, Jer reflects on how excited he is by the lessons God gave him. 

Maybe it's just Jer's bad writing, but did he get up to see what was going on with his child? What was Auj doing for nearly two hours until she applied the special touch that fixed everything? Did Auj withhold her magic touch and let Ember scream to annoy Jer? Did Jer understand how lucky he was not to have to get up and go to work like most people with small children do? Is everything hunky-dory with the navel-gazing twosome? 

Thank you! I was also confused. I can get behind a story of long nights with small children but he skipped the story and went right to the self congratulations. Jer doesn't wax poetic with his deep intellectual thoughts, he pontificates and that annoys me.   I think I could stomach him more if his musings showed more than an intensely self absorbed person. 

• Love 9

Peeked at the clock implies that he was in bed the entire time.   He doesn’t mention Audrey except to say she got Ember back  to sleep shortly after that. So I’m going to speculate that Audrey had been up the entire time.  Hence the ‘patience’ comment.   Ember is probably teething or has an ear infection.  If so, there is no reason that Jeremy couldn’t have gotten up and helped.  

• Love 6

Jeremy is bad at storytelling; sequence and detail matter. And it is all about him. However, Audrey will probably tell the story too, focusing on her sacrifice and how she triumphed over adversity for the glory of God. 

What would make the Behind the Scenes podcast truly great is ten minutes of Audrey yelling at Jeremy for hiding under the covers and complaining that he couldn't sleep while she was up taking care of a screaming baby for two hours. Alas. That would be an image breaker, so it won't happen. 

• Love 9

I've been following along for a while, but something has been really annoying me lately, and I just need to get it off my chest. Those sherpas they're selling!? I can't help but wonder how the people in that Michigan (or wherever) store where they got the idea from feel. Am I the only who remembers that after they all went on vacation to visit Amy's family, she posted about some sherpa sweater that Izzy had purchased from some souvenir store along the way? Audrey apparently loved it so much, she called the store and had them ship her one, which she then made into her "where to find" IG stories, linking to the store IG account. Shortly after that, that store's IG account posted a thank you to the fans, and noted that they were sold out, but planning to order more. Except, that was the last mention ever made about that store on Audrey's IG, because instead, she sourced the vending company the sherpa was from and ordered them to have her stupid "Always More" logo tag sewn onto. Basically, she received a product she liked, her fans expressed an interest, and instead of just allowing the original company to enjoy the surge in business her sharing their product brought, she co-opted it and turned it around like its their "brand's" greatest addition ever. (Anyone see the "sherpa launch celebration date" story last night?) What a narcissistic bunch of turds.

5bd9da3b289d5_ScreenShot2018-10-31at12_36_24PM.thumb.png.09233a01cf9ce00b099323feac4b5f1e.png

Edited by StickStickley
ADDED IMAGE
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, StickStickley said:

I've been following along for a while, but something has been really annoying me lately, and I just need to get it off my chest. Those sherpas they're selling!? I can't help but wonder how the people in that Michigan (or wherever) store where they got the idea from feel. Am I the only who remembers that after they all went on vacation to visit Amy's family, she posted about some sherpa sweater that Izzy had purchased from some souvenir store along the way? Audrey apparently loved it so much, she called the store and had them ship her one, which she then made into her "where to find" IG stories, linking to the store IG account. Shortly after that, that store's IG account posted a thank you to the fans, and noted that they were sold out, but planning to order more. Except, that was the last mention ever made about that store on Audrey's IG, because instead, she sourced the vending company the sherpa was from and ordered them to have her stupid "Always More" logo tag sewn onto. Basically, she received a product she liked, her fans expressed an interest, and instead of just allowing the original company to enjoy the surge in business her sharing their product brought, she co-opted it and turned it around like its their "brand's" greatest addition ever. (Anyone see the "sherpa launch celebration date" story last night?) What a narcissistic bunch of turds.

5bd9da3b289d5_ScreenShot2018-10-31at12_36_24PM.thumb.png.09233a01cf9ce00b099323feac4b5f1e.png

Yep, she’d shit on anyone for a buck. 

Also, am I the only one that finds the way she says sherpa completely irritating? ”Shuuurrrpahhh.” Just something about it. 

Edited by Shmoopaloop

I can appreciate that Jer wants to model the Sherpa-wear, because modeling seems to be part of their master plan, and I admit he doesn’t look half bad with the long, yucky hair tucked up into his beenie.  However, I do believe that if your only tie to the garment is the little tag (Always More) you had sewn on it, you should probably make sure your arm isn’t covering it in the shot.  Just a suggestion from someone who knows NOTHING about modeling.

Now, I admit that these jackets look cozy, but I would much rather buy them from the folks in Michigan, where Auj and Jer found them.  I don’t want/need the extra expense of the tag.  Has anyone done the leg work on how to get these things without going through the “Always More” designer shop?  I promise I won’t tell anyone . . . ?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I can appreciate that Jer wants to model the Sherpa-wear, because modeling seems to be part of their master plan, and I admit he doesn’t look half bad with the long, yucky hair tucked up into his beenie.  However, I do believe that if your only tie to the garment is the little tag (Always More) you had sewn on it, you should probably make sure your arm isn’t covering it in the shot.  Just a suggestion from someone who knows NOTHING about modeling.

Now, I admit that these jackets look cozy, but I would much rather buy them from the folks in Michigan, where Auj and Jer found them.  I don’t want/need the extra expense of the tag.  Has anyone done the leg work on how to get these things without going through the “Always More” designer shop?  I promise I won’t tell anyone . . . ?

I found what looks like the same thing, same stitching and design on the trim, on amazon. Most exspensive of this color was XXl at $40

9721609A-3708-43F6-9351-50BC323311C2.jpeg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Claire1745 said:

I found what looks like the same thing, same stitching and design on the trim, on amazon. Most exspensive of this color was XXl at $40

9721609A-3708-43F6-9351-50BC323311C2.jpeg

The always more one is “on sale”, and back ordered, for $65..

• Love 3

"Sherpa" fleece clothing is trendy this fall.  Old Navy has a really cute, cozy Sherpa jacket - its more like a robe meant to be worn indoors rather than an outdoor jacket, though. I like it because while its very warm, its also lightweight.  There is usually a sale between 20-30% off on Old navy - I paid $24 the day I bought it.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=290862002&cid=1114937&pcid=50058

• Love 3

I'm not into the Sherpa thing but it does look cozy.

How much are they charging for theirs just to put their logo on it?  (I'm not checking their site). My guess is, "always more" than everyone else.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10