Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

A dying man whose family gave up any and all claims to titles (so NOT a prince) and who was probably scared of dying alone and she became a professional widow, Clooney denies ever meeting her, Ralph Fiennes says neigh about their hook up as well, Russ is not a rock star, he may be in the group but not a star and they had an open relationship. And Adam would not have given her the time of day if she had been Lu's cleaning lady instead of her guest. Everyone including Carole knows that hence the pathetic clinging  and desperation over the "relationship" that has 4 summers left.

BTW, typical bitch move of Carole to give herself a life with more good summers than Adam. She has 5 good summers ending her good summers at 58. Adam gets 20 good ones ending his good summers at 49. 

Yes, Carole married Anthony knowing his cancer had returned but neither believed it would be terminal. When did Clooney and Fieness deny knowing/dating Carole because I haven't seen/read that and I am sure it would have been reported by all the blog sites covering the HW show.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Carole married Anthony knowing his cancer had returned but neither believed it would be terminal. When did Clooney and Fieness deny knowing/dating Carole because I haven't seen/read that and I am sure it would have been reported by all the blog sites covering the HW show.

I'd also love to know about their denials; I don't recall seeing that either!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Beden said:

And an identity, class, cache and a step up over the unwashed. I've always thought that her insistence on making a deal over what is--frankly--not much was just a signpost to hang her insecurity on.

I'm no expert but my understanding is that he was diagnosed after they were married.

He was diagnosed before they married but neither of them knew it would be terminal. Anthony always kept the mind set that he would beat cancer right up to the end.

• Love 5

He was diagnosed before they married but neither of them knew it would be terminal. Anthony always kept the mind set that he would beat cancer right up to the end.

As harsh as I was on her last night (blaming lack of sleep), I enjoyed her book and I really felt for her in the Anthony saga especially as I'm going through that now with hubby who has colon cancer.  It's no easy ride, that's for sure.  And yes, even my dad who was terminal and told at the end of his life that there was nothing more they could do held out hope that there were experimental drugs.  He was 73!  So Anthony was a young man going through this fight.  Awful.

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That's the problem.  Once it's stated once it becomes a "fact" and a year from now it will still be repeated.  These people give us enough truths to hate on, why must stuff be made up and repeated?

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I feel like the reason Carole dislikes LuAnn is the same reason I don't like LuAnn. She's pretentious and a jumped up socialite who had a stint as the Italian version of Vanna White. All of which would actually be interesting, but LuAnn seems very tied to this "Countess" identity which is only a courtesy title in a country that famously executed thousands of their nobles. There is no monarchy in France. There is no feudal system. LuAnn's son will inherit a title. There are no special duties or privileges that will be afforded to him. It's basically bullshit.

As to Bethenny, I'm not even sure what complicated set of motivations is driving her hatred of LuAnn.

I would like LuAnn more if she highlighted the adventurous free spirit part of her life instead of this etiquette darling nonsense.

Hopefully the rest of the reunion isn't Bethenny and LuAnn sniping at each other. Snore.

By the time Carole joined the show, Luann was more open and less "countess" like than earlier seasons and she has moved away from it more every season since. IMO, Carole has an issue with Luann over how Luann went BSC on twitter last season and the fact that Bethenny doesn't like Luann and never will.

As for Bethenny, I think she just wants Luann off of the show. Simple, she want the NY show to be "HER" show and she only wants HWs on that will follow her lead and never, ever, out shine her or be better liked by viewers.

• Love 16

Also, during Bethenny's faux concerned slow reveal of the Tom nastiness to LuAnn, there was an instant where things could've gone another way. LuAnn had just heard the news, she and Bethenny were still in the hotel room. Lu and she were both talking at the same time. This is where Lu first gives a sense that she's going to stick to Tom and soft pedal whatever he's done. At the same time, Bethenny is as usual speaking over the top of her and says something like 'you can't stay with this man', her tone suggested to me that Bethenny had a whole other alternative universe ending where she swooped in and organised Lu's post men are pigs life. 

Those would be the only terms for détente between Bethenny and LuAnn. LuAnn, and anyone else in Bethenny's inner circle (looking at you, Carole), must be prepared to get down in the dirt and back squirm with their tails between their legs. Anything else is a threat and will be dealt with as such. In Part 2, Dorinda deliciously goes at Carole over the failure of their friendship to grow this season. She places the blame squarely on Carole's sycophancy with Bethenny and cites how hurt she was when Carole said the Berks' house had Dorinda's husband's ghost in it. All Carole can do is gape like a guppy. Fair cop. 

Edited by queenjen
with not without! Tom
  • Love 7

I actually found it rather boring.

Boy, they shut down that drug talk.....as agreed....weird.

Ramona just adds nothing now, she and Sonja need to go.

Beth made me hate her more, and I used to love her.

Dorinda, your hair....ugh.....flat as a board.

Carole, you need to call momma Heather and get away from Beth.  Oh, and I hated your dress.

I though LuAnn looked great.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Also, during Bethenny's faux concerned slow reveal of the Tom nastiness to LuAnn, there was an instant where things could've gone another way. LuAnn had just heard the news, she and Bethenny were still in the hotel room. Lu and she were both talking at the same time. This is where Lu first gives a sense that she's going to stick to Tom and soft pedal whatever he's done. At the same time, Bethenny is as usual speaking over the top of her and says something like 'you can't stay with this man', her tone suggested to me that Bethenny had a whole other alternative universe ending where she swooped in and organised Lu's post men are pigs life. 

Those would be the only terms for détente between Bethenny and LuAnn. LuAnn, and anyone else in Bethenny's inner circle (looking at you, Carole), must be prepared to get down in the dirt and back squirm with their tails between their legs. Anything else is a threat and will be dealt with as such. In Part 2, Dorinda deliciously goes at Carole over the failure of their friendship to grow this season. She places the blame squarely on Carole's sycophancy with Bethenny and cites how hurt she was when Carole said the Berks' house had Dorinda's husband's ghost in it. All Carole can do is gape like a guppy. Fair cop. 

Luann was initially agreeing with Bethenny until Bethenny revealed that she had told Carole and Ramona, who had told Sonja at the start of the weekend before she told Luann. When she heard that, you can see Luann shut down towards what Bethenny wanted her to do. I really don't think there was anything Luann could do right in Bethenny's mind. Had Luann said, "That's it, I'm done with Tom, the engagement is off", Bethenny would have claimed that Luann/Tom were fake and only together for the show and we know because they are still together, Bethenny is claiming it is because they have an "open" relationship and will have an "open marriage". So, no matter what Luann did, it wouldn't be right in Bethenny's opinion. The only way Bethenny is happy is if Luann quits the show.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Luann was initially agreeing with Bethenny until Bethenny revealed that she had told Carole and Ramona, who had told Sonja at the start of the weekend before she told Luann. When she heard that, you can see Luann shut down towards what Bethenny wanted her to do. I really don't think there was anything Luann could do right in Bethenny's mind. Had Luann said, "That's it, I'm done with Tom, the engagement is off", Bethenny would have claimed that Luann/Tom were fake and only together for the show and we know because they are still together, Bethenny is claiming it is because they have an "open" relationship and will have an "open marriage". So, no matter what Luann did, it wouldn't be right in Bethenny's opinion. The only way Bethenny is happy is if Luann quits the show.

You're right. I think I just got a sense of Bethenny jumping to Plan B at that moment. LuAnn will always be too much competition. Bravo better not allow her to start selecting cast members because this will further devolve into the Bethenny and Friends Hour. And how boring would that be? I just hope Dorinda doesn't pack it in. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, queenjen said:

You're right. I think I just got a sense of Bethenny jumping to Plan B at that moment. LuAnn will always be too much competition. Bravo better not allow her to start selecting cast members because this will further devolve into the Bethenny and Friends Hour. And how boring would that be? I just hope Dorinda doesn't pack it in. 

If you were to buy into Bethenny's BS, she is already giving Bravo/production help in picking new HWs for the show. According to Bethenny, she gave Bravo Aviva, she was the one to get Jules hired, not Dorinda and she made a recommendation for a newbie for next season that she believes/hopes Bravo will hire. Soooo, I do think Bethenny is trying to turn the NY HW show into the "Bethenny Ever After" show she so wants/needs/covets.

If Luann does decide to not come back, she, Bethenny, will pick the others off 1 by 1 until the RHWNY no longer exists. . We will be left with Bethenny, her employees and various hanger on's that she can use/discard at will. Oh, and Bethenny will never, ever, show us her real personal life, just some PR snow job she wants us to buy into in hopes that we buy her chemical loaded garbage products.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I look at it this way, one does not make a life altering decision immediately upon discovery of the news.  Had Luann said, "I am going to kill him," would Bethenny call her a liar, whore, slut, because Luann didn't kill him?  I think Bethenny wanted that type of response, or screaming, crying, heart attack from Luann and didn't quite understand Luann was going to think things through, oh and speak to Tom when she got back .  It didn't help that Luann had the realization that everyone, production crew, camera people, all knew and were around all weekend knowing she was going to get this news and get it on camera.  (Dorinda and Jules were the only other ones in the dark.)  I think once Bethenny continued to make Luann feel like shit, implying Tom was after her money, a lightbulb went off in her head and she realized there had been far more jaw flapping going on than she had imagined.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

But that's what she has done.  And now she's called a whore who has fucked everyone in Manhattan.  She can't really win.  And I say this as someone who rolled my eyes at her ettiquette stuff which seemed to really only be in what, the first two seasons?

I will say this for Lulu's book?

If you have to read about manners and etiquette, you are probably a fucking slob.

Most of the shit in her book isn't about manners and etiquette.

It's about common sense and being polite.

-------

People that laugh at her attempt to educate and culture a bunch of hyenas who run in a pack are the ones who need some kind of advice, desperately..

What is the etiquette book say about an incident where you are called a WHOREFUCKSLUTDOLL?

There are no chapters on it because it is presumed that no one is ever going to scream that at a person?

And what does the book say about the people who don't speak up, watch or choose to keep their mouths shut?

What does the etiquette book say about spreading rumors, talking about people in front of them and an idiot who

is good for a dick joke 2 minutes into  her appearance?

Hah, I think they'd be wise to read the Cliff Notes version and pick up a few pointers.

Edited by ElDosEquis
Added some curse words, for fun!
  • Love 8

If you were to buy into Bethenny's BS, she is already giving Bravo/production help in picking new HWs for the show. According to Bethenny, she gave Bravo Aviva, she was the one to get Jules hired, not Dorinda and she made a recommendation for a newbie for next season that she believes/hopes Bravo will hire. Soooo, I do think Bethenny is trying to turn the NY HW show into the "Bethenny Ever After" show she so wants/needs/covets.

If Luann does decide to not come back, she, Bethenny, will pick the others off 1 by 1 until the RHWNY no longer exists. . We will be left with Bethenny, her employees and various hanger on's that she can use/discard at will. Oh, and Bethenny will never, ever, show us her real personal life, just some PR snow job she wants us to buy into in hopes that we buy her chemical loaded garbage products.

You are right Bethany* already had replaced Jules with a woman she met on vacation, who has a lot of kids.  (Snore.)  Jill Zarin has said, they are having a difficult time finding cast-of course Jill also said Jules was way too young and had nothing in common with the rest of the cast.   

Sonja is already on B's chopping block, Carole, Ramona and Dorinda need to take over and under odds who Bethany goes after next.

*I am tired of getting red underlines for spelling her name Bethenny.  I think I will just use common spelling. Her awkward spelling didn't even show up in this list of alternative spellings:  http://www.bestlittlebaby.com/alternate-name-speller.aspx?name=Bethany

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

You are right Bethany* already had replaced Jules with a woman she met on vacation, who has a lot of kids.  (Snore.)  Jill Zarin has said, they are having a difficult time finding cast-of course Jill also said Jules was way too young and had nothing in common with the rest of the cast.   

Sonja is already on B's chopping block, Carole, Ramona and Dorinda need to take over and under odds who Bethany goes after next.

*I am tired of getting red underlines for spelling her name Bethenny.  I think I will just use common spelling. Her awkward spelling didn't even show up in this list of alternative spellings:  http://www.bestlittlebaby.com/alternate-name-speller.aspx?name=Bethany

I did the census for a large hospital for 7 years and it made me laugh at how many people gave their kids a unique spelling on their first name.

There are about 5 different spellings I can get, off the top of my head for her name - Bethnee, Bethenny, Bethanee, Bethney, Asshole - just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

• Love 7

I can only deduce that Carol really, really wants to stay on the show. She has nada going on in her life of any possible interest to a viewing audience, so she did the smart thing...suck up and kiss B's ass 24/7.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

I can only deduce that Carol really, really wants to stay on the show. She has nada going on in her life of any possible interest to a viewing audience, so she did the smart thing...suck up and kiss B's ass 24/7.

Carole has a pretty good thing going, sit around nod her head in agreement with everything Bethany says, shake her head no to anything Luann or Jules have to say and look for direction from Bethany when anyone else speaks.  Roll out of bed and act cool on her occasional WWHL appearances.  No publisher is knocking down her door after her disastrous last book and the overpayment. 

Carole was skating on thin ice when she agreed with Luann over the pronunciation of her late husband's family name. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

This would mean I'm out.  I don't have any interest in watching the Bethenny show.

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, Jextella said:

This would mean I'm out.  I don't have any interest in watching the Bethenny show.

No, no. . . .Bravo knows Bethany only works if she is in conflict with someone else.  Right about now I think Bravo is passing out big offers to keep Luann on.  I say give Bethany her own flipping show, where she can dazzles viewers with all her knowledge.  She allegedly is producing her own form of "Shark Tank". She has said returning depends on her work schedule. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

No, no. . . .Bravo knows Bethany only works if she is in conflict with someone else.  Right about now I think Bravo is passing out big offers to keep Luann on.  I say give Bethany her own flipping show, where she can dazzles viewers with all her knowledge.  She allegedly is producing her own form of "Shark Tank". She has said returning depends on her work schedule. 

Bravo needs to decide whether this is the New Bethenny show or the RHW NY show because it can't be both, Bethenny will never allow it to be the HW show if she has any say in the matter, which includes her just being on the show as a "HW". They need to either give her, her own show or fire her from the HW show, there is no middle ground IMO.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

"You want how much money?"

"Why should I invest in your product, I think I could make more money investing in blowup dolls."

"Ummm, can we..."

"No, NO, NO, you aren't listening to me, I am a brand, I started skinny girl with my own hands, blood and sweat..."

"Can we......"

" Are you STUPID, ARE YOU A STUPID IDIOT? NO ONE GAVE ME ANYTHING, so why should I invest in you?"

"I can revise.........."

"NO, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, IT'S MY MONEY AND YOU AREN'T HEARING ME?"

----------------

Can you imagine having her invest in your business?

She's looking for people to invest in and 'rebrand' - God help whoever ends up having to punch a clock under her watch?

I can see these people picking up the phone and ending up with bleeding eardrums after a call from her,

Edited by ElDosEquis
I forgot to subjugate my verb.
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

You mean the chickens staged an armed takeover of the town house?  Cool!

(I'm kidding.  I know it was a typo, but the picture of Uzi-wielding poultry just made me laugh.)

It was a right AND left wing coup!

@sasha206 -- good thoughts coming your way.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

And may the breast side win!

That was my sweet old granny's favorite saying  -- she used to drummette into my head!

Edited by film noire
granny also needed a very weird accent for the pun to work!
  • Love 6
On 9/3/2016 at 7:03 PM, ElDosEquis said:

Who own chickens? In NYC?

True story

A long time ago (as in before Garmin Nuvi and Tom Tom GPS existed), I went out to dinner with friends in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. We got lost on a suburban side street. When we stopped at a light, cause we finally got the driver to stop to ask for directions…there crossing the street was a chicken in a harness collar being walked by its owner. Everybody in the car was saying do you see what I see?? The man who had walked over to give us directions said yeah, that’s Chuck the chicken.

Needless to say none of us ordered chicken that night.

Never saw another chicken pet in NY.

• Love 2
On 9/3/2016 at 4:45 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

You are assuming John can clear his name.  Maybe he knows he can't.  And even if he is totally innocent, he could still lose his case, you realize.  Innocence does not guarantee victory. 

But a couple of things are guaranteed to happen if he starts suing people ...  It will cost a fortune, bring a ton of attention to the allegations and make them known among people who don't bother with this silly show, and whatever it is the allegations are based upon would be spelled out in detail for all to know.  And while Beth may not have Scarface-type footage of John sitting at his desk behind a mountain of cocaine, whatever she does have might still be pretty embarrassing.  Not to mention the whole process takes up a lot of time and it's stressful as hell. When you get involved in a lawsuit like that, it become all-consuming. I don't there is any point to suing.

I also don't think there is any point to people being all indignant on John's behalf, either. He is a dry cleaner in NYC. I think most of his customers care about his prices and the quality of work his stores do. Not what he does in his free time.  I doubt these allegations have hurt his business much.  I doubt him actually being arrested for possessing cocaine would hurt his business that much.  He's not a schoolteacher accused of showing up to class stoned.  He's not an airline pilot or a surgeon whose drug habits put people in peril. In the end, the time/money/stress/aggravation and potential for additional embarrassment simply outweigh whatever he stands to gain.  His pride and reputation are at stake, I suppose.  But when you sit down and really add up the pluses and minuses, you have to have a serious ego investment in your squeaky clean image to be willing to fight it out in court. And John doesn't seem like that kind of person to me.  At all.

If this were ever to go to court, John would have to show financial loss/loss of business after that episode aired and also would have to prove it was because of that statement that his business suffered.

The most accurate way to disprove his drug use would be to have ALL parties get "hair" tested for drugs. Hair is pulled from the root and is accurate as far back as 2 years. Coloring your hair, drinking gallons of Jules cleanse won't wash out any drugs...and the hair follicle will also match DNA to correct person.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Just now had a chance to watch the reunion episode...wow.  Bethenny's behavior was startling.  For such a self proclaimed "expert" in business and branding she acted like an idiot with nothing to lose.  Her calling the boyfriend's daughter and standing over LuAnn while taunting her was such a rude and classless display that I was embarrassed for her.  At this point I'd have serious concerns about the content of any Skinnygirl related product.

For what little it's worth, I was in a liquor store yesterday getting a few things for a Labor Day picnic I'm having later. Happening to like margaritas I was in that aisle. The Jose was on the eye-level shelf above the Skinny Girl (which was on the bottom shelf, basically the floor). Jose is in my fridge. SG remains on the floor. I'm one of those people who will, on occasion, vote with my wallet and it'll be a cold day in hell before I support Ms Beth.

Yes, I know the company is owned by another company now. I don't care; it's the principle.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, mwell345 said:

According to Andy's most recent book, Bethenny pitched the idea of her own reality show to him over lunch.  She even had the name picked out: Bethenny Starting Over.

He declined and offered her NY instead.  

I wonder if that, in some way, contributed to her bitterness toward Lu.  Bethenny gets turned down for her own show and has to settle for returning to RHNY, and Lu gets her own "Before They Were Housewives" special?

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, AnitaKnight said:

I wonder if that, in some way, contributed to her bitterness toward Lu.  Bethenny gets turned down for her own show and has to settle for returning to RHNY, and Lu gets her own "Before They Were Housewives" special?

Really great point. --And LuAnn's life looked pretty amazing and fabulous on BTWHousewives; whereas, a similar production on Skinny Cow would show her beggin' Jason to 'git married,' yelling at customers in grocery stores for declining her nasty "Bethenny Bakes" crapola, getting reamed on the Brooklyn Bridge by Crazy Eyes, and peeing in a bucket. Klassay.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Really great point. --And LuAnn's life looked pretty amazing and fabulous on BTWHousewives; whereas, a similar production on Skinny Cow would show her beggin' Jason to 'git married,' yelling at customers in grocery stores for declining her nasty "Bethenny Bakes" crapola, getting reamed on the Brooklyn Bridge by Crazy Eyes, and peeing in a bucket. Klassay.

Don't forget when she tried to get Jason #1 to agree to move in together, on camera, and he wasn't having it.  Good times.

• Love 11

The infamous phone call to the unnamed daughter, reminds me of Cliff Clavin and his Final Jeopardy answer to the question, Who are Archibald leach, Lucille Le Sueur, Bernard Schwartz: 

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen.

The way Bethenny phrased the question, I don't think Luann literally meant Bethenny was screwing Dennis in the family home, she had said, "while he was living in the family home." 

With Bethenny having her own place why would they go to the family home for a tryst?

The other thing about the daughter-Bethenny had just said she had only said "hi" to the wife three times in the past two decades.  The daughter signed off with Bethenny was a family friend.  What exactly is her definition of a family friend-and had Bethenny even met the children prior to the phone call to the wife?

My guess is the wife, as a way of saving face decided to devise a party line, Bethenny was an old family friend.  I am still curious if Bethenny called the women after her feelings for Dennis changed.

Bottom line, why not call Dennis? 

• Love 3

Wasn't it heather who was doing the shark tank thing on a radio station?   I seem to remember Beth making fun of her for that.    I have never liked Bethany.  Did not fully watch season 1-2.   JMHO when people say they are brutally honest I just find them brutally hurtful.  

The renioun was kind of a mess.   Totally understood why LuAnne was not happy when Jules helped Bethany.  Bethany didn't need anymore help but LuAnne sure did.   So tired of everyone being afraid of her.  And Bethany your hair does look like LuAnnes only LuAnne looks better.  

• Love 8

I saw zooeysmom's poll...and though I loathe Bethy, I really want only Carole to be axed. Reason...I would like to see Bethy continue to twist in the wind. I would encourage her to continue to be her hateful, ugly self.  And I would like to see her without her lapdog for support. I suspect if Carole takes a fall, the other howives will not be so frightened of Bethy, and we might have a real show again. 

• Love 7
On 9/2/2016 at 11:27 PM, notnowimbusy said:

Sonja is desperate to stay relevant.   She has nothing left.  No partying, Ramona has ditched her, and she's got nothing left to offer.   Once B shut her down on TG, she was done.   Everyone is on to her imaginary businesses, her "interns", and since she's been "sober", she's no fun.  

Sonja and Dorinda HATE each other - this started from the minute Dorinda came on last year. Dorinda was introduced as Ramona's friend. Ramona spent more time with Dorinda and instead of the Ramonja Redux Sonja was hoping for - newly separated Ramona distanced herself from Sonja. Dorinda has everything Sonja tries to portray she has herself on this show. Look at Dorinda's Berkshire property and put that up against Sonja's townhouse with the ratty carpets. Look at Dorinda's well manicured landscape and Sonya's dog poop garden. Dorinda is the one who got stuck babysitting Sonja in AC last year. Sonja is the one who said what are you doing here without Dorinda to John at Boutique..starting the rumor that he was up to no good. Sonja is the one who rubbed up against John and created a John sandwich with Kristen. Dorinda didn't invite Sonja to the Berkshires because she can't stand Sonja.

Sonja making the comment of knowing John for years because of some very powerful people? Um....who would that be? She makes the comment about moist and they do the flashback.

At the Luanne introducing Tom to her "friends" dinner...John makes his moist comment with Dorinda smirking and telling him to stop. So who told John and Dorinda about Luanne squirting? Did John think he was being funny to do this at "Tom's" first introduction? Did he not think this would be embarrassing to Luanne? I'll agree with Carole and say John deserves an apple - not so he can be a NY HW but because he is a pig.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

I saw zooeysmom's poll...and though I loathe Bethy, I really want only Carole to be axed. Reason...I would like to see Bethy continue to twist in the wind. I would encourage her to continue to be her hateful, ugly self.  And I would like to see her without her lapdog for support. I suspect if Carole takes a fall, the other howives will not be so frightened of Bethy, and we might have a real show again. 

Nahh Bethenny will still have Ramona and IMO, she would recruit Sonja. So, Ramona would move into Carole's rectal room, with Sonja moving into Ramona's spot. LOL

2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja and Dorinda HATE each other - this started from the minute Dorinda came on last year. Dorinda was introduced as Ramona's friend. Ramona spent more time with Dorinda and instead of the Ramonja Redux Sonja was hoping for - newly separated Ramona distanced herself from Sonja. Dorinda has everything Sonja tries to portray she has herself on this show. Look at Dorinda's Berkshire property and put that up against Sonja's townhouse with the ratty carpets. Look at Dorinda's well manicured landscape and Sonya's dog poop garden. Dorinda is the one who got stuck babysitting Sonja in AC last year. Sonja is the one who said what are you doing here without Dorinda to John at Boutique..starting the rumor that he was up to no good. Sonja is the one who rubbed up against John and created a John sandwich with Kristen. Dorinda didn't invite Sonja to the Berkshires because she can't stand Sonja.

Sonja making the comment of knowing John for years because of some very powerful people? Um....who would that be? She makes the comment about moist and they do the flashback.

At the Luanne introducing Tom to her "friends" dinner...John makes his moist comment with Dorinda smirking and telling him to stop. So who told John and Dorinda about Luanne squirting? Did John think he was being funny to do this at "Tom's" first introduction? Did he not think this would be embarrassing to Luanne? I'll agree with Carole and say John deserves an apple - not so he can be a NY HW but because he is a pig.

Dorinda came to Sonja's defense several times last season as well. I agree, Sonja is pea green jealous of Dorinda! LOL

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Nanny pants said:

Just now had a chance to watch the reunion episode...wow.  Bethenny's behavior was startling.  For such a self proclaimed "expert" in business and branding she acted like an idiot with nothing to lose.  Her calling the boyfriend's daughter and standing over LuAnn while taunting her was such a rude and classless display that I was embarrassed for her.  At this point I'd have serious concerns about the content of any Skinnygirl related product.

That, in 'gansta' parlance is called, 'stepping up' - as in squaring off to fight.

In the street, that is a challenge and you'd best be ready to throw some hands.

Methenny KNOWS that SHOULD she get decked or stood up to, she'll whine to Ms Andy about her safety and "How could this have happened?/"WHY did you let her hit me?"

Meth is the punk that, as soon as she gets her comeuppance, will fall to the ground in a fetal position and scream and moan - then run to the cops about filing charges.

Calling her taunting 'rude and classless' is kind, I see it as an open invitation to get one straight jab in?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think Dorinda ever realized the level of hate Sonja had for her until the Reunion.  Her blog said it all, Sonja and Dorinda, were never friends, aren't friends now and will probably never be friends.  It is interesting because Dorinda claims Sonja decided last year Dorinda wasn't worth her time and attention.  I do think Sonja is intimidated by women who have more than she does, she said as much to Luann in Montana, I believe she is embarrassed she married an old fart and he didn't have the courtesy to die and leave her a very wealthy woman. 

I also think Sonja telling Andy she is going to tell all is truly indicative of the true Sonja.  Since she spends virtually no time with these women when not filming, I believe her arsenal is largely compromised of a lot rumors fed to her by her juvenile staff and of course Ramona.  Do I think her feelings are hurt because she is marginalized and feels the accusations of her having a drinking problem are unfounded.  Yes.  It is Sonja who continues to put out the sexually free woman, and over the years there have been way to many examples of her not handling her alcohol well.  Sonja is marginalized because Sonja doesn't put anything into the relationships.  The idea that she somehow put up Luann is a joke.  Without Luann staying there-apparently, just when cameras were around, was her lifeline to staying on the show. 

Sonja accusations about Dorinda using drugs came pretty much out of nowhere.  With Sonja it always feels like she is circulating the rumors.  She didn't learn from the facialist debacle.  Problem with Sonja is she thinks she can say anything she wants and there are no consequences, she can get drunk and fall asleep, pass out and expect others to take care of her, then turn around and "how dare they" think I have a drinking problem.

You bring up a good point about the moist comment-I am going to say that was a little bombshell production dropped to John.  Bad thing about the comment-it made no sense in the context he was using it.

I don't dislike John.  I don't know why he is deemed not good enough for Dorinda.  What does Dorinda do besides nap, shop and tip martinis?  It is not like she even pursues a career besides the show.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It doesn't, and IMO, it is a cruel thing to say. Someone earlier commented that the viewers of this show are often much more cruel than the other HW's, and I have to agree. 

I never understand the need to take away the accomplishments or good things in the lives of these ladies, regardless of how much we might dislike their behavior. I don't care for Lu any longer, but I couldn't even imagine denying the good things that have come her way. She clearly loved the Count. They had a good marriage that seemed to make her happy for a long time. She had a level of success that made her happy before the Count. The fact that I don't like her shouldn't diminish these facts. I don't like the way she acts, but am happy that she has had her happiness. The same with Carole (who I do like very much). Why do people need to make her marriage into something less than it was? Why can't we let it be the beautiful love story that she has written about; a love story that brought tears to the eyes of most people who read her book? Why do people have to say that Clooney denied ever having a relationship with her, despite no evidence that I've ever seen to say such a thing is true? Why the need to take that away from her? She never made a big deal out of it. Would we even know about it had Sonja not revealed it on the show? 

Carole puts her own level of cruel out there.  I don't know of many people who want to die alone, so the comment didn't bother me.  These women do not let go of the others' past transgressions and are all to happy to build on present ones.  Carole is part of the brigade that feels that Luann is somehow less of a person for forgiving Tom and not dumping him.  I am sure when Anthony's cancer returned before the wedding there were people who thought it a bad idea Carole to marry a cancer patient.  I would think for her well documented experiences with Anthony, she might be a little more understanding about accepting and loving people in spite of some undesirable conditions. 

Most people outside the RH world see forgiveness as a good thing, not a character flaw.  Carole and Anthony chose to hear what they wanted to hear about Anthony's cancer.  It is called hoping for the best, because it really isn't fair in life for a 30 year old man to have testicular cancer, even more unfair that it reoccurred.  Although public kissing a voluntary act doesn't compare with cancer, it still shows that people have the capacity to forgive and invest their hearts in a less than idyllic relationship.

What I liked about Carole this year, and there wasn't much, is when she expressed her opinion on doctor shopping and said you will find one who tells you what you want to hear.  I think that was an experience she was sadly, far too familiar with because of he marriage to Anthony. 

I have never read where Clooney or Fiennes were even asked about Carole.  I think Carole kind of played down Sonja's assertions that they were involved for a year.  As it turns out Sonja is fairly delusional so Carole was pretty safe in her avoidance of details about Clooney.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole puts her own level of cruel out there.  I don't know of many people who want to die alone, so the comment didn't bother me.  These women do not let go of the others' past transgressions and are all to happy to build on present ones.  Carole is part of the brigade that feels that Luann is somehow less of a person for forgiving Tom and not dumping him.  I am sure when Anthony's cancer returned before the wedding there were people who thought it a bad idea Carole to marry a cancer patient.  I would think for her well documented experiences with Anthony, she might be a little more understanding about accepting and loving people in spite of some undesirable conditions. 

I don't think there is any comparison between the situation that Anthony and Carole faced vs. the one that Lu and Tom are going through. Some people would have no doubt understood if Carole had said she didn't want to get married with the diagnosis that Anthony was presented with, but she would have also been shunned by some. Leaving your groom at the alter because he is sick is not a particularly desirable trait to many. Carole and Anthony were faced with a tragedy. Lu is not faced with a tragedy. She is faced with someone who has publicly hurt and humiliated her. Something that was not beyond anyone's control, as was Anthony's diagnosis. I don't think that Carole thinks that Lu is less of a person; she thinks she is weak and pathetic in the way she is standing by her man, as do many other people. I doubt that most would have said Carole was either weak or pathetic in standing by her man. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

True story

A long time ago (as in before Garmin Nuvi and Tom Tom GPS existed), I went out to dinner with friends in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. We got lost on a suburban side street. When we stopped at a light, cause we finally got the driver to stop to ask for directions…there crossing the street was a chicken in a harness collar being walked by its owner. Everybody in the car was saying do you see what I see?? The man who had walked over to give us directions said yeah, that’s Chuck the chicken.

Needless to say none of us ordered chicken that night.

Never saw another chicken pet in NY.

I guess you can say he was a not-so-free range chicken

Or a chicken that managed to avoid the 'range'?

I have driven in El Lay and seen someone by the side of the road choking his chikin.

I bet there are places in NY where people will show you their cocks?

Had you asked if you could have petted the chicken, you probably have been told that you can't pet it, but you can pullet?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

If this were ever to go to court, John would have to show financial loss/loss of business after that episode aired and also would have to prove it was because of that statement that his business suffered.

The most accurate way to disprove his drug use would be to have ALL parties get "hair" tested for drugs. Hair is pulled from the root and is accurate as far back as 2 years. Coloring your hair, drinking gallons of Jules cleanse won't wash out any drugs...and the hair follicle will also match DNA to correct person.

To win a slander suit, don't you have to prove the accusation was false and the accuser knew it?  Beth could call Sonja's big mouth to the stand, and she'll happily spill. Plus, suing draws more attention to it.   Personally, I could care less if the owner of my dry cleaner used cocaine.  I understand being upset at the accusation, but it's opening a can of worms to go for slander.   There's a reason celebrities ignore most tabloids. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't think there is any comparison between the situation that Anthony and Carole faced vs. the one that Lu and Tom are going through. Some people would have no doubt understood if Carole had said she didn't want to get married with the diagnosis that Anthony was presented with, but she would have also been shunned by some. Leaving your groom at the alter because he is sick is not a particularly desirable trait to many. Carole and Anthony were faced with a tragedy. Lu is not faced with a tragedy. She is faced with someone who has publicly hurt and humiliated her. Something that was not beyond anyone's control, as was Anthony's diagnosis. I don't think that Carole thinks that Lu is less of a person; she thinks she is weak and pathetic in the way she is standing by her man, as do many other people. I doubt that most would have said Carole was either weak or pathetic in standing by her man. 

I really think had Luann apologized earlier, before filming began, and had Bethenny not been in her ear, Carole would have acted differently about Luann's decision to stay with Tom. I think she would have supported her, it's not like the wedding was happening the following week, she would have told Luann it was her decision and that she still had time to change her mind if she wanted to later on. But, with Bethenny spewing her venom, Carole has allowed herself to become a mini Bethenny, parroting Bethenny's opinions word for word.

• Love 5

Personally, I could care less if the owner of my dry cleaner used cocaine.

This brings to mind the ending of the movie History Boys where James Corden's character (yes that James Corden in his first big movie) describes his life as 'I own a chain of dry cleaners and do drugs on the weekend.)  And he looks like John too!  If it wasn't a British playwright and a British movie I would think they modeled the character after John.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:03 PM, Ki-in said:

A dying man whose family gave up any and all claims to titles (so NOT a prince) and who was probably scared of dying alone and she became a professional widow, Clooney denies ever meeting her, Ralph Fiennes says neigh about their hook up as well, Russ is not a rock star, he may be in the group but not a star and they had an open relationship. And Adam would not have given her the time of day if she had been Lu's cleaning lady instead of her guest. Everyone including Carole knows that hence the pathetic clinging  and desperation over the "relationship" that has 4 summers left.

BTW, typical bitch move of Carole to give herself a life with more good summers than Adam. She has 5 good summers ending her good summers at 58. Adam gets 20 good ones ending his good summers at 49. 

Oh dang. I stand corrected. She is a hideous old hag who has only managed to snag a few eligible men along the way as a result of the fear of impending death and famewhore-itis.

My bad!

While Clooney has never conceded to dating Carole,  he's never denied it either.  Unless somebody knows him personally and has some insider info. 

I didn't even know about Ralph Fiennes!

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4