Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

• Start Topic

Kris urges Rob to reconnect with his sister and best friend in hopes of helping Khloe move in a more positive direction. Also: The Kardashian matriarch pushes herself too far to keep up with her daughters' intense workouts; and Kourtney worries about giving Scott mixed messages by joining him in Vegas for his birthday.

I have some questions:

"Kris urges Rob to reconnect with his sister and best friend."  Are we talking two different people here?  Or is Khloe considered Rob's best friend?  If it's the latter...whoa, Rob...you need to sit down and revise your checklist on what constitutes a best friend.  Sabotage, making fun of you behind your back, and being a big, whiny, mopey baby when you can't come over to play every day are not choice characteristics of a bestie, just sayin'.

"...daughter's intense workouts."  LOLOLOLZ *snort* You mean, when they do three squats and then all sit down and take selfies while their training coach continues to train as if the women are actually paying attention?  This should be fun.

As for Kourtney giving Scott mixed messages...heck, pass the popcorn, I am so there.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Kris urges Rob to reconnect with his sister and best friend in hopes of helping Khloe move in a more positive direction. Also: The Kardashian matriarch pushes herself too far to keep up with her daughters' intense workouts; and Kourtney worries about giving Scott mixed messages by joining him in Vegas for his birthday.

How can these storylines be so fake yet so boring at the same time?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So Kris wants Rob to reconnect with Khloe because it would be good for Khloe?? Somehow I find that strange.

Not "good for Khloe".. It's ratings Kris is concerned about.

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Maya said:

How can these storylines be so fake yet so boring at the same time?

Right??  You would think that since they are FAKE, they would be able to come up with more than this.  There is nothing to these stories!!!  They do nothing of interest, real or fake!

Also wonder why Kris thinks people want to watch her do anything.

• Love 6

So Kris wants Rob to reconnect with Khloe because it would be good for Khloe?? Somehow I find that strange.

I found it strange and irritating. I thought when Rob was talking to Kris about everything he was making perfect sense and he was justified in his feelings, but Kris telling him to put it all aside because Khloe needs him was ridiculous. Khloe is finally going through her divorce and has Lamar drama. Sigh, so what else is new? I honestly think Rob being away from Khloe was a good thing for him.

When Rob called Khloe and she was squealing like a tween was so over the top. Really Khloe? Is she going to act better about his relationship with Chyna or is she still going to act like a bitter ex?

I do think the Chyna and Rob reality show looks like a train wreck, but it looks way more entertaining than this show. Sadly I will be watching it because I apparently hate myself.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Rob calls Khloe and she squeals and acts like a preteen getting a call from the latest teenage heart throb. 

I know, wasn't that so strange? "You called me!" It reminded me of Simone Biles meeting Zac Efron. There is something seriously wrong with Khloe & Rob's relationship.

• Love 7

Khloe is so goddamn annoying. I cannot believe how far she has fallen. Why was she dressed like that for a meeting with her brother? We've seen her lounge about in jeans with Kim and Kourt, but she has to put on this swanky dress for a meeting with her brother?

I also didn't like the way she was trying to intimidate him in their OMG MEETING. Any normal person would tread  very carefully and lightly with Rob, but Khloe came out guns blazing, trying to make him uncomfortable and keep him off balance. Rob was clearly uncomfortable to begin with, throwing out that tabloid joke- which WAS terrible and awkward, but he seems so lost and sad I give him a pass because this was a big thing for him and he was nervous with Khloe glowering at him- and Khloe was just so hard on him. Why do they all have to cater to omg poor Khloe. She's an arrogant, ungrateful bitch as usual, I see no reason to worry about her.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Rob calls Khloe and she squeals and acts like a preteen getting a call from the latest teenage heart throb.

She still is, and always has been, very inappropriate where Rob is concerned.  Why in the name of everything would you say to your adult brother "Do you want to take a nap together?"  Joking or not, it's just....tacky to say the least.  And provocatively dressed, and leaning back...she's disgusting and Rob clearly wanted to be anywhere else.

I think she's jealous that he has another woman in his life. 

And that larger than life nude painting of her on the wall????  She needs to get over herself. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I do think the Chyna and Rob reality show looks like a train wreck, but it looks way more entertaining than this show. Sadly I will be watching it because I apparently hate myself.

I can't wait.  I might even spring for some Orville Redenbacher instead of the store-brand popcorn.  With extra butter.

Khloe remains completely inappropriate with her brother.  As mentioned above, from her style of dress around him to wanting to take a nap with Rob...what is wrong with her?  There's something there, either from when they were kids or maybe the 185 times they were living together, and it's disturbing.  I'm so freaking sick of Khloe whining about how Rob is her "best friend," how she cannot live life without him, how she needs him, etc.  The other sisters don't have that sick, possessive relationship with Rob that Khloe does.  How does this family not see that something is really off there?  I do think she wants to be the only woman in his life.  No wonder Rob has been trying to keep his distance.

And oh my gooooooooosh, I am so tired of the way Kris talks, all dreamy-like and monotone, and "family, love, support, love, family, family," blah blah blah.  

I adore Penelope.  Her skeptical facial expressions are priceless.  She is already over it.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Khloe remains completely inappropriate with her brother.  As mentioned above, from her style of dress around him to wanting to take a nap with Rob...what is wrong with her?  There's something there, either from when they were kids or maybe the 185 times they were living together, and it's disturbing.  I'm so freaking sick of Khloe whining about how Rob is her "best friend," how she cannot live life without him, how she needs him, etc.  The other sisters don't have that sick, possessive relationship with Rob that Khloe does.  How does this family not see that something is really off there?  I do think she wants to be the only woman in his life.  No wonder Rob has been trying to keep his distance.

Disturbing.  Yes.  That's exactly what it is.   And I think it explains Rob's alienation of her, and how uncomfortable he was during that whole scene. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, The Ascension said:

Khloe is so goddamn annoying. I cannot believe how far she has fallen. Why was she dressed like that for a meeting with her brother? We've seen her lounge about in jeans with Kim and Kourt, but she has to put on this swanky dress for a meeting with her brother?

Why does she ever wear what she wears? That outfit to Nobu? How anyone at that table managed to look at her and not fall down laughing hysterically I'll never know. It's made all the more rich considering just a few weeks back in Vail Khloe was mocking Kris for dressing like both Elton John and a muppet. Um...Khloe? You can take several stadiums worth of seats. 

Edited by Starsandbucks
  • Love 9

With the sparkly headband and the ponytails, I just assumed Khloe was going to a disco-ball rollerskating party after dinner at Nobu.

I think Khloe's way of dressing (both inappropriate and bizarre, not to mention her weird, ever-changing hair and spackle-and-trowel makeup) is a clear sign that something's not working right in her head, but her family is too afraid of her to point it out.

• Love 5
On 8/24/2016 at 6:22 PM, ginger90 said:

It's never about Rob. It has always been about the sisters. He knew it, he felt it, and now he is a mess because of it. All he had was his dad and he will never have that again. Keep on keeping distance, Rob. I don't think BC is the answer for his happiness but at least it's a step in getting away from the clutches of the "other" women in his life. 

• Love 7

"Are you still texting bitches, or what?"

I don't know how this was possible, but up until I saw the promo for Rob&BC, I'd never heard her voice. Not what I was expecting.

The only Rob&Anyone show I'm interested in watching is the special where Rob and Kendall dish all. And produce OJ's knife. You know it's coming.

• Love 7

Rob's problem is that he has grown up in a female dominant household. He is used to being bossed around and or ignored to one extent and pampered as the other.

He hasn't solved his problems by hooking up with Chyna, just  traded a family of dominant women for another. He needs to get out on his own and find out who and what he is and what he wants to do with this life.   If he were happy with Chyna, why is he "texting other bitches" (I guess she includes herself as a bitch).  This is just a short term bandage on a long term issue for him. I bet within a year he and Chyna are the done and that baby will be in  the same situation as King, while Rob has gone back into hibernation.   

• Love 7

And that's the saddest part - it's a short-term bandage, but it comes with a lifetime commitment to a child that he and BC are bringing into an already messed up, dysfunctional, boundary-blurring family.  Who takes care of this baby when Rob goes back into hiding and Chyna is off stripping to make money again?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Disturbing.  Yes.  That's exactly what it is.   And I think it explains Rob's alienation of her, and how uncomfortable he was during that whole scene. 

Ironically earlier today there was a rerun on of the episode from a few years ago when Rob first moves out of Khloe and Lamars house. While the other family members are saying how proud they are because hes trying to be independent, Khloe is sobbing and clinging to Rob the following day and she said "I havent stopped bawling since you left, been crying non stop". Rob gave her this WTF look and she said "bible, I swear on dads grave" and Rob looked freaked out. Moments like that combined with last nights episode and Khloe's bizarre reaction to finding out BC is pregnant is really making think the whole dynamic is even more than disturbing. So creepy.

• Love 11

Of course these rich morons buy Pilates equipment that costs $4000* (the one they got for Kris is called a Cadillac) without the faintest clue how to use it. It's true that Pilates is a great workout - if you're working with an experienced instructor. Kourtney could have hurt herself really badly horsing around with it. That bar is attached to a heavy spring, and if it hits you in the face, it can break your nose and knock out a bunch of teeth.

*I noticed that they name-checked the brand, so they probably got this one for free, but $4000 is how much it usually costs.

• Love 4

Khloe, please shut up about Lamar and Rob.

The other girls do this too but I'm calling out Khloe because she was seen on screen doing it last - I think it's so incredibly rude to be on your phone when you're out with a group of people. Emergencies are obviously an exception but other than that, you're just plain rude when you're spending time on your phone when there are other people there to talk with. 

That pilates machine looks like some sex contraption, haha. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And that's the saddest part - it's a short-term bandage, but it comes with a lifetime commitment to a child that he and BC are bringing into an already messed up, dysfunctional, boundary-blurring family.  Who takes care of this baby when Rob goes back into hiding and Chyna is off stripping to make money again?

I predict Kris and Khloe - especially Khloe.  She will be the #1 woman in Rob's life again, swoop in and save him (she loves saving broken men) and she will finally have a baby to love.

• Love 5

That bar is attached to a heavy spring, and if it hits you in the face, it can break your nose and knock out a bunch of teeth.

If only!!!!

6 minutes ago, GaT said:

At first I thought it was Khloe's sex swing.

Great minds think alike!!

• Love 1

Question: if none of the Kardashians had gone to his birthday in Vegas, would the network's private jet have magically appeared to fly Scott there and back?  That this family flies privately wherever they go makes a sick kind of sense since they are basically keeping the network afloat so they will give them whatever they are probably contractually allowed, but the idea that Scott still feels entitled to private air travel makes me cranky. Get off my lawn, Scott. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, BananaRama said:

I predict Kris and Khloe - especially Khloe.  She will be the #1 woman in Rob's life again, swoop in and save him (she loves saving broken men) and she will finally have a baby to love.

That is sick and twisted, and probably exactly what will happen.

• Love 4

Not sure if from this week's episode or last week's (they were both on last night), but there was a scene where Khloe was "driving" Lamar somewhere, and the windows were blurred but meant to look like the car was moving, but at the very beginning of the scene, Khloe was holding a bunch of media cases - no hands on the wheel, not even looking ahead - and it must have been a fake scene, but why?  They could have had the same conversation sitting on her couch.  Is this Khloe saying "See, I actually do things for Lamar" instead of just talking about it?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Not sure if from this week's episode or last week's (they were both on last night), but there was a scene where Khloe was "driving" Lamar somewhere, and the windows were blurred but meant to look like the car was moving, but at the very beginning of the scene, Khloe was holding a bunch of media cases - no hands on the wheel, not even looking ahead - and it must have been a fake scene, but why?  They could have had the same conversation sitting on her couch.  Is this Khloe saying "See, I actually do things for Lamar" instead of just talking about it?

Is that when Lamar farted in the car? And asked to stop at MCDonalds? Which they must have since he dropped lettuce and secret sauce all over Kris's carpet.

Then Khloe is on the phone with someone talking about making sure that even if she and Lamar divorce, SHE will be able to make decisions for him medically. I don't get this girl. she's complaining that she can't live her own life because she's "responsible" for Lamar and now that she can free herself with a divorce, she's making sure she's still forever tied to him.

I still can't get over her idiotic reaction to Rob calling her.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Is that when Lamar farted in the car? And asked to stop at MCDonalds? Which they must have since he dropped lettuce and secret sauce all over Kris's carpet.

Then Khloe is on the phone with someone talking about making sure that even if she and Lamar divorce, SHE will be able to make decisions for him medically. I don't get this girl. she's complaining that she can't live her own life because she's "responsible" for Lamar and now that she can free herself with a divorce, she's making sure she's still forever tied to him.

I still can't get over her idiotic reaction to Rob calling her.   

Yes, he did fart.  I don't know - it just felt like a fake scene filmed after the fact.  I'll wait until Mariah Smith's Continuity-check recap goes up on Jezebel.

You can appoint someone power of attorney even if they are a non-relative, so there's absolutely no reason for them to have dragged out their divorce (twice now). 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah I can't even with the recaps anymore with this show. They never make sense to what I actually see on the show.

Been thinking the same thing.

The recaps sound like they were written by Kris.  

• Love 5

I went in for my weekly Pilates session this evening and told my instructor about Kourtney's shenanigans on the Cadillac. He laughed so hard that the studio owner, a lovely Belgian woman, came out to ask us what we were laughing about. When I told her, she sighed and said in her adorable French accent "the Kardashians are ruining everything".

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:03 PM, brini said:

Been thinking the same thing.

The recaps sound like they were written by Kris.  

Really?  I think the recaps are pretty critical of this family.  Except that "Kim, Foine, right?" part.....eyeroll.

Rob & BC have the cover of People this week.  Rob is still sticking with his story that he bailed on Kim's third wedding because he was self conscious about his weight and mentions how much he missed his family while he was MIA, and never wants to do that again to his mom.  It's the polar opposite of the Rob we saw on this week's show.  I think Kris wrote that article.

• Love 4

I feel very sorry for Rob.  He just seems broken.  And while I am sure his diet isn't the best and perhaps he doesn't exercise very much, the first thing I think when I see him onscreen is "psych meds."  I know of what I speak: I'm bipolar, and many of those meds can make you overweight and terribly sweaty. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I have a vision of Kris hovering over Rob as he writes the article and she tells him word-for-word exactly what to say.

Seriously, I bet he was feeling bad about himself during the Kim/Kayne wedding, but why was he feeling badly? I mean.. I understand he was having a rough time during that period but he was there.. he flew all the way to Paris and then flew back to the US? Because.. he felt bad? Something-or someone- triggered him to feel so bad he flew all the way home. That's kind of a thing.  But whatever. If that's the story they want to say but it doesn't make sense. 

• Love 1

It irritates me the way they have Scott just walk in to Kris's house all the time and have these fake conversations as if they are BFF's.  Cut the guy loose already.  He needs to start living his own life. He could take a few pointers from Rob. 

I kind of like how he busts her balls about her decor or clothes. Or gives that exaggerated faux sympathy thing when she bitches sbout how busy or tired she is. Her own kids tune her out and ignore her, someone has to interact with her, even if he is getting paid for it.

I don't think the show is his only source of income, but it and the opportunities  its offered are probably more than he would have had without it. I believe he has invested in several businesses and is the silent partner in a few. As big a jerk as he can be, I find him the least objectionable on the show.

• Love 1
On August 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

"Are you still texting bitches, or what?"

I don't know how this was possible, but up until I saw the promo for Rob&BC, I'd never heard her voice. Not what I was expecting.

The only Rob&Anyone show I'm interested in watching is the special where Rob and Kendall dish all. And produce OJ's knife. You know it's coming.

That's the show I'm waiting for - and let's finally find out who fathered Khloe! (imo she still needs a bit of therapy about this. Kris has major boundary issues and so does Khloe.)

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm sure the way bitchy Kimmy treated him had more to do with his departure.

Kimye probably told him he was too fat for the awesome clothes they designed for him!

Edited by nexxie
Typo
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, nexxie said:

That's the show I'm waiting for - and let's finally find out who fathered Khloe! (imo she still needs a bit of therapy about this. Kris has major boundary issues and so does Khloe.)

Kimye probably told him he was too fat for the awesome clothes they designed for him!

None of the girls liked their bridesmaid dresses either, supposedly Kanye had to hustle up new ones at the last minute. That couldn't have gone over well, since he, I think, selected the original ones. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Was Rob actually supposed to be in the wedding party? I thought he was always supposed to be attending as a guest. I don't know what Kim said to him to make him abruptly fly back, but I always thought that was shitty of him. He could have at least showed up for the ceremony, sat in one of the back rows if he didn't want to be photographed, wished his sister and her new husband a happy life together, and then left.

3 hours ago, iwasish said:

None of the girls liked their bridesmaid dresses either, supposedly Kanye had to hustle up new ones at the last minute. That couldn't have gone over well, since he, I think, selected the original ones. 

Yes, I remember the first version of the dresses looking terrible, and not even professional model Kendall could make hers look good. I wondered if that was intentional so that they (especially Kendall and Kourtney) wouldn't look better than Kim.